NATION

PASSWORD

Land of the Free (Character RP, OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:18 pm

Deramen wrote:Im In for this!

Nation Name:Deramen
Character Name: Dera Mann (Cleaver right?)
Appearance:
Bio (Two paragraphs minimum):Dera was born in 2003 in South Korea. She was born to Communist supporting parents which helped her believe in Communism. She lived a relatively normal life until November of 2017. Once the North crossed her and her family took a plane to Japan and then one to the U.S.A. They hoped they could live a better life there. They moved to Seattle and started to try to live regularly. They somewhat did until her parents left the state for a trip during may of 2018. They got the Red death and died. News never hit Dera so she had to realize it her herself.

Once she realized it she took a backpack,Some food,What water was left and clothes. She went to live her life on the road.She managed to survive on the road for those 11 years. In that time she learned the trick of the trade and made some friends.She Hated the U.S.A for not stopping the Red Death and for not supporting Communism. She eventually joined The Patriots seeing as it was a chance to take down the U.S government. What her "Allies" didnt know was that she would back stab them once the chance arrived for Communism to take its rightful place from those dirty american hands!
Skills: Street skills,Languages,City Layout.
RP Examples or Sample: I think you know my RP-ing but if you need more just ask.

*sigh*

Accepted, welcome aboard comrade!
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:19 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Deramen wrote:Im In for this!

Nation Name:Deramen
Character Name: Dera Mann (Cleaver right?)
Appearance:
Bio (Two paragraphs minimum):Dera was born in 2003 in South Korea. She was born to Communist supporting parents which helped her believe in Communism. She lived a relatively normal life until November of 2017. Once the North crossed her and her family took a plane to Japan and then one to the U.S.A. They hoped they could live a better life there. They moved to Seattle and started to try to live regularly. They somewhat did until her parents left the state for a trip during may of 2018. They got the Red death and died. News never hit Dera so she had to realize it her herself.

Once she realized it she took a backpack,Some food,What water was left and clothes. She went to live her life on the road.She managed to survive on the road for those 11 years. In that time she learned the trick of the trade and made some friends.She Hated the U.S.A for not stopping the Red Death and for not supporting Communism. She eventually joined The Patriots seeing as it was a chance to take down the U.S government. What her "Allies" didnt know was that she would back stab them once the chance arrived for Communism to take its rightful place from those dirty american hands!
Skills: Street skills,Languages,City Layout.
RP Examples or Sample: I think you know my RP-ing but if you need more just ask.

*sigh*

Accepted, welcome aboard comrade!

Seriously?
Last Edited By George S. Patton on December 21, 1945 edited 3 times in total

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Neutral: Democrats, UN, NATO
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form
Male, 18, Like a Hick, but also very Leftist
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
INTJ Personality "The Architect"
Deramen wrote:Cause if anything im a MOTHERFUCKING T-REX!

Creative Director for The Pub

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:21 pm

Australian Antarctica wrote:Seriously?

His name's a bit hokey, honestly, but I'm willing to let him slide unless his RPing is awful.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:22 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Seriously?

His name's a bit hokey, honestly, but I'm willing to let him slide unless his RPing is awful.

The bio completely lost me.

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:24 pm

Australian Antarctica wrote:
New Grestin wrote:His name's a bit hokey, honestly, but I'm willing to let him slide unless his RPing is awful.

Really? You think it should be denied?

The grammar isn't fantastic, but with English not being Dermen's first language, I'm willing to allow it. Having someone with communist affiliation could be interesting.

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:25 pm

New Grestin wrote:His name's a bit hokey, honestly, but I'm willing to let him slide unless his RPing is awful.

Oh my god can you just be cool? Just once?
also dont take it seriously.
Last edited by Deramen on Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:26 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:The bio completely lost me.

Really? You think it should be denied?

The grammar isn't fantastic, but with English not being Dermen's first language, I'm willing to allow it. Having someone with communist affiliation could be interesting.

No. Don't deny him. The bio I just couldn't follow. Not his fault I'm slow today.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:28 pm

New Grestin wrote:Really? You think it should be denied?

No. Don't deny him. The bio I just couldn't follow. Not his fault I'm slow today.

Join the club. My brain can't decide if it wants to skullfuck me with a headache or not today.

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:29 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:No. Don't deny him. The bio I just couldn't follow. Not his fault I'm slow today.

Join the club. My brain can't decide if it wants to skullfuck me with a headache or not today.

I woke up like a hour ago. So Im da club!
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:31 pm

Deramen wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:The bio completely lost me.

Oh my god can you just be cool? Just once?
also dont take it seriously.

Nope, I'm never cool

The Unites State-Of-Minds
Ambassador

Founded: May 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unites State-Of-Minds » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:47 pm

I like the idea behind this plot. Is it acceptable to have a character who skirts the line between sides? As in, someone who doesnt necessarily work for so much as in conjunction with the NDF but for whatever reason is cooperating with the Patriots.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:48 pm

The Unites State-Of-Minds wrote:I like the idea behind this plot. Is it acceptable to have a character who skirts the line between sides? As in, someone who doesnt necessarily work for so much as in conjunction with the NDF but for whatever reason is cooperating with the Patriots.

I could see that. Any idea on the specifics?

The Unites State-Of-Minds
Ambassador

Founded: May 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unites State-Of-Minds » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:53 pm

New Grestin wrote:I could see that. Any idea on the specifics?

I'm kinda wanting to do the doctor/scientist who uses both sides for research. Something along the lines of doing military oriented research for the NDF while arming the Patriots to field test their research.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:08 pm

The Unites State-Of-Minds wrote:
New Grestin wrote:I could see that. Any idea on the specifics?

I'm kinda wanting to do the doctor/scientist who uses both sides for research. Something along the lines of doing military oriented research for the NDF while arming the Patriots to field test their research.

I don't see why that wouldn't work, assuming the research would be lore-friendly.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Insaeldor » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:42 pm

So how will obtaining weapons work and what quality would they be in? I'd assume it be fairly difficult to get weapons on the U.S. giving how controlled it is by the central government. Also if we are getting illegal weapons where would they come from? Russia? China? Would what's left of Mexico would be funneling weapons into American occupied Mexico and the American Southwest?
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

The United Federation of Terrans
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:43 pm

I would assume a mix of hunting, surplus, foreign made and stolen NDF weapons.
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

Armeia
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:01 pm

Insaeldor wrote:So how will obtaining weapons work and what quality would they be in? I'd assume it be fairly difficult to get weapons on the U.S. giving how controlled it is by the central government. Also if we are getting illegal weapons where would they come from? Russia? China? Would what's left of Mexico would be funneling weapons into American occupied Mexico and the American Southwest?

I imagine running them across the border from Russia in Alaska would be the easiest way
Armeia: Nordic/Germanic/Japanese nation with a quite corrupt government and a militaristic society.
Sporting Achievements: Emperor's Cup I champions, Emperor's Cup II runner ups, U-18 World Cup I Third Place

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:12 pm

I'm assuming that New Seattle is in Washington state, correct?

Since I may intro post with Matthew arriving at New Seattle, which Patriots are there besides Jackie?

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Insaeldor » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:16 pm

Armeia wrote:
Insaeldor wrote:So how will obtaining weapons work and what quality would they be in? I'd assume it be fairly difficult to get weapons on the U.S. giving how controlled it is by the central government. Also if we are getting illegal weapons where would they come from? Russia? China? Would what's left of Mexico would be funneling weapons into American occupied Mexico and the American Southwest?

I imagine running them across the border from Russia in Alaska would be the easiest way

I think it would depend more on where they are trying to get the gun to. Is say if it's shipments to the CLA it be best for the smugglers to dock in Skagway and ship it the 1,300 miles to Yellowknife Canada. If to New Seattle and the Patriots probably the best bet would be to dock and sell in Port Angeles on the Olympian Peninsula and take the two hours east to Seattle.

Just just what I'm a assuming though and depending on how much control the Patriots have of New Seattle the smugglers could probably dock right in town.
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:16 pm

Instead of a single character, could I RP a group of say 4-5 people?
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:20 pm

The New Greek Republic wrote:Instead of a single character, could I RP a group of say 4-5 people?

You could, but it's not recommended.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:21 pm

The New Greek Republic wrote:Instead of a single character, could I RP a group of say 4-5 people?

Probably not. Maybe, Gres?

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:27 pm

Probably not. Maybe, Gres?

I mean, I totally respect if I can't, but I was thinking I could be a foreign invader (Probably Russia) trying to link up with the Communists and assist them. Thinking about it, I'd have to be larger than 4-5 but either way I'd provide a application for all of the people in the group.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
-----`"`;-O--(---------
------.`-O------.\\,,||
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:28 pm

The New Greek Republic wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Probably not. Maybe, Gres?

I mean, I totally respect if I can't, but I was thinking I could be a foreign invader (Probably Russia) trying to link up with the Communists and assist them. Thinking about it, I'd have to be larger than 4-5 but either way I'd provide a application for all of the people in the group.

Probably not, maybe a couple GRU or KGB agents, but not an invasion and not that many.

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:33 pm

The New Greek Republic wrote:

Probably not, maybe a couple GRU or KGB agents, but not an invasion and not that many.

It wouldn't be a full scale invasion force I don't think the world economy ITTL would allow it, it'd be more of an efficient support team capable of assisting the ACP's operations, so probably a team of Spetznaz agents
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
-----`"`;-O--(---------
------.`-O------.\\,,||
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/

A brick.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse