NATION

PASSWORD

Land of the Free (Character RP, OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:30 pm

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:If it's alright can we skip ahead in time so as to confront the problem with the closed ration centers.
Sounds good. Are you wanting to post? Because I can have one ready in a few minutes.
Last edited by New Grestin on Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

The United Federation of Terrans
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:31 pm

New Grestin wrote:
The United Federation of Terrans wrote:If it's alright can we skip ahead in time so as to confront the problem with the closed ration centers.
Sounds good. Are you wanting to post? Because I can have one ready in a few minutes.

I just want to see how the Patriots will react to the closed rations centers and an alerted NDF Garrison. Then I'll make my post.
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:32 pm

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:
New Grestin wrote: Sounds good. Are you wanting to post? Because I can have one ready in a few minutes.

I just want to see how the Patriots will react to the closed rations centers and an alerted NDF Garrison. Then I'll make my post.

Sounds good. Storm is taking his/her sweet time responding, so I'll just go ahead and write the post so the RP doesn't get bogged down.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:34 pm

Sad as it is to say, I'm going to have to drop out. My Red Tide RP will keep me tied up. I actually may find time to post later, but not for a while.
Last Edited By George S. Patton on December 21, 1945 edited 3 times in total

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Neutral: Democrats, UN, NATO
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form
Male, 18, Like a Hick, but also very Leftist
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
INTJ Personality "The Architect"
Deramen wrote:Cause if anything im a MOTHERFUCKING T-REX!

Creative Director for The Pub

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:35 pm

Australian Antarctica wrote:Sad as it is to say, I'm going to have to drop out. My Red Tide RP will keep me tied up. I actually may find time to post later, but not for a while.

Understandable. I look forward to that RP, nonetheless.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:37 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Sad as it is to say, I'm going to have to drop out. My Red Tide RP will keep me tied up. I actually may find time to post later, but not for a while.

Understandable. I look forward to that RP, nonetheless.

I'll still hang around here though, if you wouldn't mind, and Richard can still be used as an NPC, but don't kill him.

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:37 pm

Australian Antarctica wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Understandable. I look forward to that RP, nonetheless.

I'll still hang around here though, if you wouldn't mind, and Richard can still be used as an NPC, but don't kill him.

Damnit.

Totes wasn't going to have him sent to a reeducation camp.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:39 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:I'll still hang around here though, if you wouldn't mind, and Richard can still be used as an NPC, but don't kill him.

Damnit.

Totes wasn't going to have him sent to a reeducation camp.

Eh, sure.

The Unites State-Of-Minds
Ambassador

Founded: May 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unites State-Of-Minds » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:39 pm

Ehh, so....Unethical research and Dr. West's contacts in the NDF for work purposes?

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:55 pm

Sure.....
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unites State-Of-Minds » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:01 pm

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:Sure.....

That not only sounds unenthusiastic, but it doesn't answer the inquiry...... Unless it's a direct reply to the initial inquiry, which even then remains an unclear reply. But in all seriousness, if your discomforted by the extent to which I intend to take things then say so. I hold no objections to dialing things back a bit if its too much.

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:04 pm

The Unites State-Of-Minds wrote:

That not only sounds unenthusiastic, but it doesn't answer the inquiry...... Unless it's a direct reply to the initial inquiry, which even then remains an unclear reply. But in all seriousness, if your discomforted by the extent to which I intend to take things then say so. I hold no objections to dialing things back a bit if its too much.

The NDF is basically an amped up heavy handed police force, they aren't a fascist nazi state that experiments on subhumans. If anything that's something outside the chain of command of the NDF.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:06 pm

I feel I should chime in, being technically in charge of both groups. The NDF is rather unsavory, but experimentation is outside of their pay grade. It would make more sense for him to be working directly with the central government, rather than it's law enforcement branch.

Just my thoughts. Frankly, if you want to make things dark, that's fine. I intend the RP to be dark, just don't go so far over the line that it becomes ridiculous.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:14 pm

Posted. Feel free to respond, Terran.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unites State-Of-Minds » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:22 pm

New Grestin wrote:

I feel I should chime in, being technically in charge of both groups. The NDF is rather unsavory, but experimentation is outside of their pay grade. It would make more sense for him to be working directly with the central government, rather than it's law enforcement branch.

Just my thoughts. Frankly, if you want to make things dark, that's fine. I intend the RP to be dark, just don't go so far over the line that it becomes ridiculous.

Sounds reasonable. I was operating under the impression that the NDF was functioning on a level similar to that of victory at all costs. Say what you will, but there isnt too much of a gap to jump between shooting down insurgents and locking down essential food distribution to the public as an example to setting up camps for political dissidents and unethical experiments. Any government can be found guilty of such things, this isnt limited to the nazis and soviets. Tuskegee was us, Unit 731 was japan, UK testing mustard gas on the irish, etc. The NDF would most certainly not have clean hands, and would indeed function as the primary source for appropriating political dissidents and acting as a barrier to communication with areas allocated for field testing. Perhaps we could make that a plot point/source of conflict where NDF soldiers find themselves discomforted by some of the things they do, whereas others embrace a sort of facist view to justify horrible things. It would be mostly an issue of peer pressure, particularly in regards to the chain of command. Perhaps we should then invent a liaison between west and the NDF/Central Government to be sort of at odds with Hale presuming Terrans wanted him to err more on the side of the traditional good.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:27 pm

New Grestin wrote:I feel I should chime in, being technically in charge of both groups. The NDF is rather unsavory, but experimentation is outside of their pay grade. It would make more sense for him to be working directly with the central government, rather than it's law enforcement branch.

Sounds reasonable. I was operating under the impression that the NDF was functioning on a level similar to that of victory at all costs. Say what you will, but there isnt too much of a gap to jump between shooting down insurgents and locking down essential food distribution to the public as an example to setting up camps for political dissidents and unethical experiments. Any government can be found guilty of such things, this isnt limited to the nazis and soviets. Tuskegee was us, Unit 731 was japan, UK testing mustard gas on the irish, etc. The NDF would most certainly not have clean hands, and would indeed function as the primary source for appropriating political dissidents and acting as a barrier to communication with areas allocated for field testing. Perhaps we could make that a plot point/source of conflict where NDF soldiers find themselves discomforted by some of the things they do, whereas others embrace a sort of facist view to justify horrible things. It would be mostly an issue of peer pressure, particularly in regards to the chain of command. Perhaps we should then invent a liaison between west and the NDF/Central Government to be sort of at odds with Hale presuming Terrans wanted him to err more on the side of the traditional good.

I actually do quite like this.

Terran, do you have any thoughts?

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:45 pm

New Grestin wrote:

I actually do quite like this.

Here's how I see it, the Directors report to the Commandant who is the head of the NDF. You character works for a group under the Commandant's direct control who use the NDF as a place to gain equipment, personnel and test subjects and the Directors are unaware of this as it is folded into the massive amount of bureaucracy that is the NDF. There could be conflict later down the road as the Director finds out about this.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unites State-Of-Minds » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:53 pm

New Grestin wrote:I actually do quite like this.

Here's how I see it, the Directors report to the Commandant who is the head of the NDF. You character works for a group under the Commandant's direct control who use the NDF as a place to gain equipment, personnel and test subjects and the Directors are unaware of this as it is folded into the massive amount of bureaucracy that is the NDF. There could be conflict later down the road as the Director finds out about this.

Sounds lovely to me. Details can be developed as we go, but I think It'd be fun to have west visit with Hale at some point and toss philosophy at one another. Ill go ahead and post what I have ready after I give it a good once over, let me know of any desired corrections. Ill start out with a report and post on some active work tonight/tomorrow.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:27 pm

Nation Name: Tay-Tay
Character Name: Gunny Ringo
Appearance: Black Hair, Ball cap with confederate battle flag on it, blue jeans and a brown carheart
Bio (Two paragraphs minimum): Gunny was born in South Carolina, where his family was originally from. Some of his ancestors fought in the American Civil War, and he has a great sense of southern pride. He started a smuggling operation there and helped the local Patriots hinder the government's plans in the state. After a long time of working on a smuggling route between Charleston and Columbia, he decided to move west. Ironically, he had to avoid being captured by the authorities, so he had his brother pull some strings and smuggle Ringo west.

He took whatever funds he could take, and left his brother in charge of operations in SC. He moved to Seattle to help local Patriots and to make a profit off of his favorite merchandise. Guns. In SC he moved all sorts of contraband, but he plans for his Seattle branch to solely move firearms. He has a small network in the city, but he usually smuggles alone. Since he is good at his job, the authorities aren't fully aware of his operations, and he isn't wanted.
Skills: Stealthy, Charismatic, Good with a gun,
RP Examples or Sample: If you don't know me I will be sad.
Last edited by Tayner on Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:27 pm

Tayner wrote:Nation Name: Tay-Tay
Appearance: Black Hair, Ball cap with confederate battle flag on it, blue jeans and a brown carheart
Bio (Two paragraphs minimum): Gunny was born in South Carolina, where his family was originally from. Some of his ancestors fought in the American Civil War, and he has a great sense of southern pride. He started a smuggling operation there and helped the local Patriots hinder the government's plans in the state. After a long time of working on a smuggling route between Charleston and Columbia, he decided to move west.

He took whatever funds he could take, and left his brother in charge of operations in SC. He moved to Seattle to help local Patriots and to make a profit off of his favorite merchandise. Guns. In SC he moved all sorts of contraband, but he plans for his Seattle branch to solely move firearms. He has a small network in the city, but he usually smuggles alone.

Were you the guy at the Hot Dog stand on 5th Street?

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:30 pm

Bio (Two paragraphs minimum): Gunny was born in South Carolina, where his family was originally from. Some of his ancestors fought in the American Civil War, and he has a great sense of southern pride. He started a smuggling operation there and helped the local Patriots hinder the government's plans in the state. After a long time of working on a smuggling route between Charleston and Columbia, he decided to move west.

He took whatever funds he could take, and left his brother in charge of operations in SC. He moved to Seattle to help local Patriots and to make a profit off of his favorite merchandise. Guns. In SC he moved all sorts of contraband, but he plans for his Seattle branch to solely move firearms. He has a small network in the city, but he usually smuggles alone.

Were you the guy at the Hot Dog stand on 5th Street?

What?
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:31 pm

Tayner wrote:
The United Federation of Terrans wrote:Were you the guy at the Hot Dog stand on 5th Street?

What?

That's the only place I remember seeing you. Also bio seems a bit skimpy.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:34 pm

Tayner wrote:What?

That's the only place I remember seeing you. Also bio seems a bit skimpy.

It looks a lot bigger on iPad, trust me. I could fatten it up a little bit. later

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:39 pm

For the moment, consider this accepted. As Terran stated, the bio could use a bit of work, but I am nothing if not one for nepotism and seeing as we're compatriots, I'm willing to let it slide.

Glad to have you on board. I expect confederate flags, damnit.

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:44 pm

Post edited.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse