NATION

PASSWORD

Land of the Free (Character RP, OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:45 pm

The New Greek Republic wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Probably not, maybe a couple GRU or KGB agents, but not an invasion and not that many.

It wouldn't be a full scale invasion force I don't think the world economy ITTL would allow it, it'd be more of an efficient support team capable of assisting the ACP's operations, so probably a team of Spetznaz agents

I'd say probably a fireteam at most.
Last Edited By George S. Patton on December 21, 1945 edited 3 times in total

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Neutral: Democrats, UN, NATO
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form
Male, 18, Like a Hick, but also very Leftist
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
INTJ Personality "The Architect"
Deramen wrote:Cause if anything im a MOTHERFUCKING T-REX!

Creative Director for The Pub

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:46 pm

Australian Antarctica wrote:Probably not. Maybe, Gres?

I mean, I totally respect if I can't, but I was thinking I could be a foreign invader (Probably Russia) trying to link up with the Communists and assist them. Thinking about it, I'd have to be larger than 4-5 but either way I'd provide a application for all of the people in the group.

Good luck Comrade!
I will be cheering on and assisting if possible.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

The United Federation of Terrans
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:22 pm

Australian Antarctica wrote:
It wouldn't be a full scale invasion force I don't think the world economy ITTL would allow it, it'd be more of an efficient support team capable of assisting the ACP's operations, so probably a team of Spetznaz agents

I'd say probably a fireteam at most.

Operating without their normal load-out because they had to sneak into a country under permanent martial law.
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:46 pm

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:I'd say probably a fireteam at most.

Operating without their normal load-out because they had to sneak into a country under permanent martial law.

Very true.

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:37 pm

Trying to come up with a good theme for this RP...

Revolution-The Beatles. I know the Beatles aren't nearly as good as the Stones, but none of their songs work...except for Sympathy for the Devil maybe....

Thoughts?

The United Federation of Terrans
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:40 pm

I think that Rise Against-Hero of War would go well with the RP's theme.
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:42 pm

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:I think that Rise Against-Hero of War would go well with the RP's theme.

I concur.

Zoblus
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zoblus » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:42 pm

How does a weapons smuggler character sound to you guys?
"Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolutions."
- Khalil Gibran

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:43 pm

Zoblus wrote:How does a weapons smuggler character sound to you guys?

We already have some.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:45 pm

We already have some.

Though, what is it with our male characters? They all have thick facial hair and all. :P

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:01 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:We already have some.

Though, what is it with our male characters? They all have thick facial hair and all. :P

Hey! Im a South Korean Communist female fighting with the Patriots!
Thats diverse.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:15 pm

Back from my, admittedly long, nap.

Stormwrath wrote:I'm assuming that New Seattle is in Washington state, correct?

Since I may intro post with Matthew arriving at New Seattle, which Patriots are there besides Jackie?

Richard, Bill, Katherine and Katelyn, and Dera.

The New Greek Republic wrote:Instead of a single character, could I RP a group of say 4-5 people?

Probably not. Maybe, Gres?

I'd be open to the idea, but with most of Asia and Europe being completely knackered, I'd think a fairly small team of agents might make sense. I was planning New Seattle having one of the last functioning oil refineries in the United States, so the Ruskies would probably have an interest in using it.
Australian Antarctica wrote:Trying to come up with a good theme for this RP...

Revolution-The Beatles. I know the Beatles aren't nearly as good as the Stones, but none of their songs work...except for Sympathy for the Devil maybe....

Thoughts?

I was more thinking this when I wrote it up.

I do believe we already have one, but I'd be open to the idea if the character is interesting. I don't believe we have a criminal-type character at the moment, so maybe someone helping the Patriots with their less than savory operations?
Stormwrath wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:We already have some.

End of the world increases overall hairgrowth. Truthfact.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:20 pm

OP UPDATE: I'm hoping to get about ten people before we can start, however, if we can't, then I'll go ahead and post the IC thread tomorrow.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.

Zoblus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zoblus » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:21 pm

New Grestin wrote:Snip.

Alright, cool! I'll probably have something tonight or tomorrow morning.
"Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolutions."
- Khalil Gibran

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:57 pm

Welp, seeing as my other guerilla RP just died, might as well.
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Zoblus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zoblus » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:18 pm

Nation Name: Zoblus
Character Name: Francisco del Toro
Appearance: The one on the right
Bio (Two paragraphs minimum): Born to parents who were members of the terrorist group FARC in 2013, Francisco grew up in a very violent environment. Throughout his childhood, Francisco was raised to one day fight for the cause of the rebels and possibly die for them. Though the life they lived was tough, always having to avoid capture or death at the hands of the Colombian, he always had the safety of his parents to go back to. That was until February 22 of 2018, when both his mother and his father, along with several other rebels, died in a firefight against Colombian forces. Broken by the news of their deaths, the 8 year-old Francisco had his soul destroyed. As he grew, the indifference, hatred, and cynicism grew with him, becoming a part of him.

After the world economy collapsed and the Red Death appeared in the following years, Francisco grew to be one of the most ruthless people within FARC, know for his depravity and cruelty. He became an expert drug pusher after he was transferred from the field to the coca plantations in order to reduce the risk to the other rebels that had fought with him. At the same time, he learned the basic principles of explosive manufacturing from a man named Evan Woken, an American who had joined up with FARC in order to help them with their drug operations. The collapse of liberty in the United States proved to be a godsend to the rebels, as now a whole new market for drugs, guns, and other crime opened up in the north. "But who should we send," the leadership pondered for a bit. Francisco. Francisco had created a large reputation for himself in Colombia as a drug runner, murderer, weapons smuggler, and assassin who could be expected to get a job done. Not wasting anymore time, he was sent north to the States in order to establish a foothold for possible later FARC activities in the country.
Skills: Small arms, weapons maintenance, construction of explosives, drug manufacturing, and weapons smuggling.
RP Examples or Sample: At the arena, Hadehr waited for the Governor to arrive, preparing the special viewing box nearest to the action for all of them to use. Moving to a nearby Chuatsi guard, Hadehr said:

"Go out and announce to all in the city that a special match in the Arena of Champions is to be held within the hour, admission need not to be paid."

"Yes Elder Sheuq!," said the guard, running out of the arena towards the center of the city. Within a minute, a special announcement was sent out, detailing a special event to be held at the setting of the Sun. It only took minutes for people to start lining up to find somewhere to sit for the event. Eventually, Hadehr could see the Governor coming as well. By this time, the other Elders had already taken their seats and speaking loud for the Governor to hear, Hadehr said:

"Come sir! A special viewing box has been prepared for us!"
- Khalil Gibran

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:21 pm

Zoblus wrote:Nation Name: Zoblus
Character Name: Francisco del Toro
Appearance: The one on the right
(Image)
Bio (Two paragraphs minimum): Born to parents who were members of the terrorist group FARC in 2013, Francisco grew up in a very violent environment. Throughout his childhood, Francisco was raised to one day fight for the cause of the rebels and possibly die for them. Though the life they lived was tough, always having to avoid capture or death at the hands of the Colombian, he always had the safety of his parents to go back to. That was until February 22 of 2018, when both his mother and his father, along with several other rebels, died in a firefight against Colombian forces. Broken by the news of their deaths, the 8 year-old Francisco had his soul destroyed. As he grew, the indifference, hatred, and cynicism grew with him, becoming a part of him.

After the world economy collapsed and the Red Death appeared in the following years, Francisco grew to be one of the most ruthless people within FARC, know for his depravity and cruelty. He became an expert drug pusher after he was transferred from the field to the coca plantations in order to reduce the risk to the other rebels that had fought with him. At the same time, he learned the basic principles of explosive manufacturing from a man named Evan Woken, an American who had joined up with FARC in order to help them with their drug operations. The collapse of liberty in the United States proved to be a godsend to the rebels, as now a whole new market for drugs, guns, and other crime opened up in the north. "But who should we send," the leadership pondered for a bit. Francisco. Francisco had created a large reputation for himself in Colombia as a drug runner, murderer, weapons smuggler, and assassin who could be expected to get a job done. Not wasting anymore time, he was sent north to the States in order to establish a foothold for possible later FARC activities in the country.
Skills: Small arms, weapons maintenance, construction of explosives, drug manufacturing, and weapons smuggling.
RP Examples or Sample: At the arena, Hadehr waited for the Governor to arrive, preparing the special viewing box nearest to the action for all of them to use. Moving to a nearby Chuatsi guard, Hadehr said:

"Go out and announce to all in the city that a special match in the Arena of Champions is to be held within the hour, admission need not to be paid."

"Yes Elder Sheuq!," said the guard, running out of the arena towards the center of the city. Within a minute, a special announcement was sent out, detailing a special event to be held at the setting of the Sun. It only took minutes for people to start lining up to find somewhere to sit for the event. Eventually, Hadehr could see the Governor coming as well. By this time, the other Elders had already taken their seats and speaking loud for the Governor to hear, Hadehr said:

"Come sir! A special viewing box has been prepared for us!"

Accepted!

Looks good, I'll update the roster. We'll probably have to roll with nine people, but activity draws attention, so we should be fine.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:21 am

New Grestin wrote:
Looks good, I'll update the roster. We'll probably have to roll with nine people, but activity draws attention, so we should be fine.

See what I mean? Another person with facial hair! :P

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:23 am

Stormwrath wrote:
New Grestin wrote:

*shrug*

We have one less now. Switched back to a girl.

Apocalypse puts hair on yer chest, m8. And your face. Apparently.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:27 am

New Grestin wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:

*shrug*

Don't assume that I have a problem with it, darn you. :P

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:30 am

Stormwrath wrote:
New Grestin wrote:*shrug*

Don't assume that I have a problem with it, darn you. :P

I didn't. :p

Armeia
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:38 am

New Grestin wrote:Back from my, admittedly long, nap.

Stormwrath wrote:I'm assuming that New Seattle is in Washington state, correct?

Since I may intro post with Matthew arriving at New Seattle, which Patriots are there besides Jackie?

Richard, Bill, Katherine and Katelyn, and Dera.

Australian Antarctica wrote:Probably not. Maybe, Gres?

I'd be open to the idea, but with most of Asia and Europe being completely knackered, I'd think a fairly small team of agents might make sense. I was planning New Seattle having one of the last functioning oil refineries in the United States, so the Ruskies would probably have an interest in using it.
Australian Antarctica wrote:Trying to come up with a good theme for this RP...

Thoughts?

I was more thinking this when I wrote it up.

I do believe we already have one, but I'd be open to the idea if the character is interesting. I don't believe we have a criminal-type character at the moment, so maybe someone helping the Patriots with their less than savory operations?
Stormwrath wrote:Though, what is it with our male characters? They all have thick facial hair and all. :P

End of the world increases overall hairgrowth. Truthfact.

Kyle is already a criminal type character, I flat out said in his bio that he's a member of the Bloods and MS-13.
Armeia: Nordic/Germanic/Japanese nation with a quite corrupt government and a militaristic society.
Sporting Achievements: Emperor's Cup I champions, Emperor's Cup II runner ups, U-18 World Cup I Third Place

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:47 am

I'm going to hopefully get an old pal of mine to sign up today.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:14 pm

Slow day.

Somebody say something for some reason so we can get some sort of a conversation starting or something.

Armeia
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:19 pm

Do we already have images for the CLF soldiers?
Edit: Also for a theme song ready aim fire by Imagine Dragons is decently fitting
Last edited by Armeia on Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armeia: Nordic/Germanic/Japanese nation with a quite corrupt government and a militaristic society.
Sporting Achievements: Emperor's Cup I champions, Emperor's Cup II runner ups, U-18 World Cup I Third Place

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse