NATION

PASSWORD

Demons Rising(OOC-Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Ammar
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Demons Rising(OOC-Open)

Postby Ammar » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:55 am

IC

Since the creation of Man, there have been two forces constantly at war with each other, good and evil. In the Dark Times, there was the Order of the Fallen, a merciless gathering of Men with tainted souls and hearts of black. All they wanted was see was the return of the Dark One, who had promised them eternal bliss for their work. They received what they were promised, but the Dark One's idea of bliss was not what they expected. They were transformed into vicious monsters and rampaged throughout the mortal world, releasing chaos.

However, the Roman King Cesar would not stand for this. Turning to the power of the Gods of Olympus, he pleaded for an answer to the madness. The answer was given. Mortal men were given the powers to defeat the Dark One's monsters; given the powers of Olympus. They repelled the threat, but never saw their true defeat. The monsters were never to be seen again, but mortal man knew that one day, the evil would return again, so the newly formed Roman League stood ready for their return, should that ever be.

October 9th, 2005
The Italian Countryside

"Authorities are baffled by the amount of violence demonstrated here. This entire church with nearly 100 attendees was slaughtered. The bodies were apparently torn apart and little remains of them. The only lead authorities have is a strange message on the wall that says "Nullis deus spem non".

The television the broadcast was on was then turned of. A man in a green jumpsuit with a combover hairstyle lit a cigar. "So, after so long, you've returned. I've been waiting for this day." He then took out a dusty old book. It was brown and had a strange symbol on it. Opening it, the man turned over to a page that foretold the return of the demons. Reading over, there was also a part about the return of the chosen few who were blessed with the powers of Olympus. After reading, he turned on the building's intercom and called his right-hand to the office.

"You summoned me, Masked Hero?" the more formal second asked. "Yes, I did, Penagrov, and don't call me that. My days of heroism are over." Masked Hero, now referred to by Alexander, answered. "My apologies sir. How rude of me. It seems so long ago we fought against the demonic forces." Penagrov commented. Alexander took another smoke of his cigar. He too wished to return to his glory days, but they were over. "That's actually why I called you in here, Paladin." Alexander began. Paladin still answered to his alternate identity. "I suspect that our foes have rised again. This time, stronger than ever. Man has forgotten that these demons still lurk in the darkness, ever unaware that they have returned." Paladin was shocked to hear the news. "What do you suggest we do?" he asked. "Simple." Alexander answered. "The Romans knew that the evil would return, but good would return as well. With the return of demons, Angels will return as well." Paladin was confused. "Alexander, are you suggesting that we get our old "team" back together? They gave in to their power. They became corrupt. Is that not why you retired?" Alexander sighed. "Do not remind me. It's why no one is trusted with immortality anymore. I'm suggesting that maybe there are new chosen ones. The select few given new abilities to vanquish the dark forever." Alexander said hopefully. Paladin dusted off his shoulders. It was good to see the Roman League back in action. "Orders sir?" he asked. " Find the new servants of Olympus, and bring them here." Alexander ordered.

This RP takes place in Italy. Since man has forgotten the monsters that lurk in the night,the Order of the Fallen has returned to bring the world into Hell.

For gameplay, everyone will be able to have up to two powers and one Super Move. The Super Move is a powerful skill your character possesses that they cannot use on a regular basis. Let's say your character has a rock theme. Well, they can have a Super Move that allows them to cause an earthquake. If your character has a water theme, they can start a tsunami. However, they will cost a Madness Level to rise. Every character has a Madness Level max of ten. Each time you use your Super Move, you increase your ML. It reduces by two every second post. However, if it reaches ten, you're chsracter will be consumed by insanity until the level returns to 0. If it exceeds ten, it will not go back down until your character is willingly baptized in Holy Water.

As for factions, everyone is allowed to break off the main two and form their own. However, you'll need to first have NPC followers and at least 1 other player in your faction before you can create an app for one. This is to prevent coalition spam and to prevent this from becoming a contest of who can spam the most NPCs.

That being said, have fun. I'm also very lieneint when it comes to app acceptance. There is no faction application. You just post here asking for it to be put up in the OP and provide some details about it.

Application:

Character Name:
Alias(optional):
Allegiance:
Appearance(description or image):
Weapons(optional):
Powers(max 2):
Super Move(must also include ML cost):
Bio(must explain who your character is and how they got their abilities):

Factions
Roman League-Formed 700 years ago, it stands as a shield and sword against Necron and his army.

Order of the Fallen-A cult group in service to Necron. They are terrifying demons that were originally human, but were transformed after making a deal with Necron.

Necron(by Asterdan):

The Myths were wrong. Hades wasn't the first God of the Dead and the Underworld, his older brother, Necron, was. Necron hated humans with a passion, and was ashamed that they bore the image of the Gods. When they died, he took this hatred and anger out on them in the Underworld.
It didn't take the Gods long to put a stop to this, casting him into the Otherworld, a plane of existence separate from our own, and replacing him with Hades. Necron faded into obscurity, though still active in this world. In order to get revenge, he decided to use the Gods favorite creations against them. By possessing a human, he was able to use his great power in this realm. He used that power to make deals and to create the Order of the Fallen.
His goal was to create enough chaos to break the Veil and allow him back into our world. Necron's rising was defeated the first time, and the Veil was strengthened. Subtly, he has finally created enough chaos to allow his power to flow through the world again, and he has once again taken a vessel, which he uses to make deals with those of his new Order of the Fallen, and to command the monsters of the old Order.

Masked Hero:

Name: Alexander

Alias: Masked Hero

Allegiance: Roman League

Power: Mask Change-can change form by putting on a mask

Forms:
Dark Law-Can manipulate fear in weak-willed people

Trunade-able to manipulate water

Anki-has incredible flexibility and can move quickly

Great Tornade-Can summon storm winds

Super Move: High Change-can change into Hero Contrast, who has the powers of strength, speed, and lightning (costs 3 ML)

Bio: Born during the Dark Ages, Alexander was the son of a court judge. Following his father, he became a lawman and saw the corruption of power first hand. The courts often acted like they were above the law, sentencing more and more to the grave, that is if they weren't crucified instead. This led to Necron striking deals with the ones sentenced to this fate. The courts were burned down by the criminals, now taking the forms of demons with fire abilities.

As the demons ran among men, Necron preyed on Alexander's insecurities about how the demons reflected his interpretation of power. He offered Alexander the powers to stop the demons, and Alexander accepted. He was given a mask that allowed him to take several different forms. However, the mask attempted to fuse with him, an Alexander became consumed in insanity. It wasn't until Paladin tricked Alexander into getting baptized that the insanity broke.
After ten years, the demons were never seen again, but it was only a matter of time before they returned. Standing ready, the original twenty heroes formed the Roman League. However, only three still live.

Paladin:

Name: Petagrov Morgan

Alias: Paladin

Power: strength and endurance. He has also been known to have improved hearing and vision

Super Move: Swords of Light-can summon up to 100 rays of light that all act as either additional swords or can be shot at a crowd for massive damage(3 ML)

Bio: Born to Cesar's palace guards, Petagrov learned the art of sword combat from real Roman soldiers. He also frequented the temples of the gods of Olympus, taking great pride in seeing the ones in which he felt he had a duty to. After all, without them, he would not even exist. Well into his teen years, he met Alexander, the son of a court judge. When the demons arrived, Paladin was given the gifts of strength to meet the front lines head-on.

When Alexander entered the fighting, he was corrupted by the insanity that Necron gave him. By tricking Alexander into getting baptized in Holy Water, he was freed from his madness. Together, they battled against Necron's army for ten years. After the fighting, they formed the Roman League. However, only three original members are still around.

Co-op: Asterdan
Last edited by Ammar on Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
☻ / This is Bob, copy& paste him in
/▌ your sig so Bob can take over the
/ \ world.
Heads up: Ammar is a desert country.
Film Company - National Anthem - Encyclopedia
Victorious Decepticons
Orthella
Feminarchy
United Republic of Taiwan

Ammar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ammar » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:56 am

In order to keep track of everyone's ML, you must post your current ML at the end of every IC post.

Accepted characters:

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:I wanted to make another character, I hope that's fine with you.
Application:

Character Name:
Alexia
Alias:
Siren
Allegiance:
Order of the Fallen
Where are you from:
Ancient Greece (a little known city known as Athens)

Weapons:
Twin Swords
Powers:
Water Manipulation - The manipulation of water in all states (not creation). This also allows her to breath under water.
The Mist - She can use water in all of it's forms to create a mist that covers her and those she casts it on. This mist creates illusions, making things not appear as what they truly are.
Super Move:
Siren's Song (Cost 4 ML) - She sings a song, that causes all off her enemies to fall into a trance. While in that trance, her victims must follow her orders. If they are strong enough of mind (which few males are) or female they can resist and break out from the trance.
Bio:
Betrayed. That's what Alexia was, betrayed by the gods she once worshiped with a passion. She prayed for the protection of her husband, but the gods didn't listen. So when her son went to war, she looked to alternative beings for the protection of him. She found it in Necron. Necron promised that her son would be protected at a price. He was unable to protect him, but he could grant her the power to protect him, but the power had a price. She accepted, and became the Siren. Her change was instant. At first she blamed Necron for the change, but quickly realized that she brought it upon herself. She had the power to protect her son... it was to late. When she found him, he was already dead. Enraged, she took to the sea, and brought death to all those who came upon her. She blamed all of mankind for the death of her husband and son, and pledged not to rest till all mankind was destroyed. Over time she changed even more, her victims, at first where found often, now, they disappear forever, never seen again. In fact, her victims are killed, but not wasted, instead, she eats them and feeds them to her hundreds of pet snakes. She is no longer human, she is a monster. She is Fallen.

Indo-pasif archipelago wrote:Application:

Character Name: Known by it's western spelling and pronouncation, Rhestaid
Alias: Nether Lord
Allegiance;: Order of The Fallen
Where are you from: Ancient Persia
Appearance:
Weapons: Nether Scepter
Powers: Mainyu able to send others to Nether for a short time (Less then 1 hour) and/or summons his underlings from the Nether.
Super Move(must also include ML cost): Nether World: Transport small chunk of this dimension and creatures inside it to the nether for a short time, or the otherwise. Rhestaid needs to channel his power for at least ten minutes to transport area in 1 kilometres radius for two hour, and for every ten minutes extra add an hour more (Capped at 6 hours). Cost: 3 ML, and 1 ML for every extra ten minutes.
Bio:
Rhestaid was a lesser noble of Partheid Empire. His father was a geneal infamous for his failures. Determined to prove the people and the emperor of his family honor, Rhestaid enlisted himself to the army and lead a legion and fought many battle. And soon hie had proven his abilities and brought honor back to the family. As more battle he won, more of his own soldier sacrificed for his odd and risky tactics. Some higher noble patronized him and his family, and his name is known and heard by everyone in the empire. The empire himself trusted him, and send him to some expedition. One of them introduced him to a dangerous and dark magic. The taste of power attracted him and drove him to seek more power. His family able to see these changes, and decided to exile him for the better good.

In his exiled, his thirst for blood and power engulfed him, and he went to a bloody ramapage, and sent a small city to the Nether Realm, and which corrupted and twisted by Nether. The Order of The Fallen saw his potential and trained him to master his power. The last time Necron tried to regain what the Olympians had taken for him, Nether Lord led an army to the very mountain of Olympus, but banished in his fight. Sent to the very hell that has forged him, and imprisoned there for a thousand year. The rune that stop his power was destroyed by the help of his former comrade, and now the Nether Lord has returned to lay waste on Mount Olympus, and imprisoned the gods as his revenge.

I hope this one is not overpowered

Saleon wrote:Character Name: (Name has changed throughout ages)
Theodore Tenninger
Alias: The Betrayer. (given by others in spite, when he fell he came to take it as more of a calling card)
Allegiance: The Fallen
Where are you from: The Roman Empire under Caesar.
Appearance: http://anime.astronerdboy.com/wp-content/uploads/blogger/-BbjrFYiql1s/TpQ5IW2chbI/AAAAAAAAXK8/2BtzPFIFaU4/s1600/x3%2BIlya%2Band%2Bfather.jpg
Weapons: katana
Powers:
  • Intense speed in combat
  • Can manipulate shadows

Super Move: Antithesis- "when calling out the forces of hell, beware lest they swallow you whole," A wise man
The Demons are quite known to wrap oneself in them, pure hate for some, others a demonic level of cunning and guile. The Appearance of this armor for the long forgot roman, is a trench coat of pure, thick unaltered blackness which extends to the ground and often trails behind him. His eyes grow black and atop his head is a perfectly spherical afro darker than black.

He grasps ahold of the demons of his enemies, mirroring their powers, and the powers they haven't called yet. The mirrored copy is not as strong as the original, but still very dangerous, especially based on the foe in question. (MP: 4)
Bio:
Julius Caesar, I respected him. He was a wondrous leader, but there were signs. Soon even the senators grew wary. Emperor? now that was too far. I respected him, but I respected my nation more. In the end his assassination... Well... I can't say it is a deed to be proud of, but wholly necessary. The riots which came later... made the deed not as prideful to have done. I still place flowers on his grave, though nobody recognizes it as "his grave," been too long."

Before that black mark, I had defended the nation against the evils of the world. A wise man, in the latter day of his years, came to me, and handed me a power to defend this world from the evils of the world. This was when I was 18. He warned me of the dangers of it and went on his way. I do not know who he was, but he, b even in age, had a grand disposition to him. Akin to a god, but that idea left my mind long ago.

I stayed with the romans, though under different names. The Betrayer they called me, though always hushed and never knowing It was me they referenced, as again I was under a different name and identity. I hid my past, and used it as a moral compass when the Roman League called me to be a sword and shield against the demons. Like, I had been, though this time against real demons.

Now class, can you guess we hope he was originally?

Charlia wrote:Character Name: Charlotte Noble(hahaha YES I DID IT AGAIN)
Alias: Darkangel(play off archangel, yep)
Where are you from: America
Appearance:
Weapons: N/A
Powers:
Holy Fire: She can summon white fire. When thrown, it can go a distance of 5 meters before dissolving. It shrinks as it travels, however, so it is most effective at close range. She can keep it as a flame in her hand for a light or merely for warmth if she so wishes. Naturally, it doesn't burn her.
Nightwings: She can summon wings of darkness at will, to fly with, of course. Why are they dark? It's a long story. You'll see it in the bio.
Super Move:
Angel Unchained(cost 3 ML): She unleashes a massive wave of Holy Fire and memories, healing her physical wounds and decreasing her inner darkness. It will also physically damage any Fallen within a 5-meter radius, and mentally damage allies and enemies alike. Whether or not the mental damage is worse for allies or enemies has never been tested. (Somebody get a scientist on this, stat!)
Bio: Charlotte was, from birth, a perfectly normal child--or so her parents thought. (They did wonder about that funny glow when she was born, but that was all.) Her mother perished the day she was born, and her father died when she was three. At the age of five, she developed odd lumps on her back. Her foster parents believed it was cancer and took her to the hospital, but the scans revealed nothing. At the age of six, the originally white(and I mean white) wings erupted and began to grow, reaching their full size at the age of 9. Shunned as a freak, she was passed from family to family, eventually learning how to summon, hide, and ultimately fly with her wings at eleven, although they wouldn't be strong enough to carry her long distances until she was 17. At thirteen, she began to summon fire, although it was too erratic to control, preventing use. (Her history from 12 to 17 is something I prefer to reveal as we go, if you don't mind.) Anyway, as she grew older, unfortunate circumstances darkened her soul along with her wings, and she wants to return them to their original state. Various good things can take away some of the darkness, whether they're done for her or by her, but it's usually a minuscule amount. The greater the deed, the more darkness is dispelled. And then there's Angel Unchained, which dispels a decent amount. You know the drill.

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Here we go... (If need be I'll change somethings around)

App:
Character Name:
Merlin (doesn't have a last name)
Allias:
Merlin
Allegiance:
Roman League
Where are you from:
What is now Scotland.
Appearance:

Weapons:
The sword of an old friend (Excalibur). Kept hidden within his trench coat.
Powers:
Energy Manipulation - Energy manipulation is described as the manipulation of energy (heat, kinetic, electrical, etc). It is not the creation of it, but instead it usually involves redirecting the energy or converting it to a different form (ie heat to electrical)
Matter Manipulation - Basically energy manipulation but with matter. Requires a max distance of 3 feet with what he is trying to manipulate.
Super Move:
Void Unbound (cost 5 ML) - He releases the demon inside of him to increase everything about him, from his abilities of manipulation to his physical strength. Speed is increased, resistance is increased. Wounds are healed, but he losses most control of himself during this state. As such, the more he uses it, the longer it lasts. Eventually, the demon inside, Void, will take control.
Bio:
In the early days of man, Merlin was born. Mankind had just started to settle down and form settlements. In this time of revolution, darkness still reigned. This was the Neolithic Revolution. He was incredibly intelligent for the time, and was naturally a leader of his people. Tribal warfare was rampant, and Merlin feared for his family, his clan, his people. One day a strange being, Necron, approached him with a solution to his problem. Necron promised Merlin the power to protect his people. Merlin was blinded by the need to protect his people, so blind that he didn't see that Necron was trying to trick him. He accepted Necron's promise, and was giving great power, he didn't see the snake under the flower... until it was to late. One day Merlin felt something growing inside of him, something dark. Before he could even conceive what happened, it happened. Necron granted him power, but he also merged Merlin with a powerful demon, known simply as Void. Void took over and killed every last one of Merlin's people. He had been tricked, and he could do nothing but speak to the demon.

Eventually, Merlin was able to trick Void into building a special structure. This structure would act as a energy conductor. This circle of rings is now called Stonehenge. Merlin told Void that on a certain day, with certain events that Stonehenge would make him more powerful, perhaps strong enough to rival Necron. This was all a lie of course, Merlin noticed that during the summer solstice, he was able to take some control back. With that information, and an energy conductor, Merlin could possible, take full control back, and destroy Void. It worked. During the next summer solstice, Merlin was able to gain enough control to harness the energy conducted by Stonehenge and reclaim his body. But, Void wasn't fully destroyed, instead, Void was chained and bound deep inside Merlin's soul. The power that Necron gave him stayed, but Void was chained, mostly. Merlin found that if he needed he could unbind Void for a short period of time to give him power.

Over the next thousand years, not much happened. The Romans came to Britian, they left, Merlin decided to travel the world. He would eventually return to Britain to help a little known legendary king, King Arthur. Merlin quickly befriended him, and was at his side all his life, even when Arthur laid upon his death bed. Merlin can tell you, that many of the stories involving King Arthur were pretty accurate, but some were just wrong. Merlin was touched when Arthur gave him Excalibur with his dying breaths. Merlin then continued to live a quiet life, he heard of the Roman League, but never joined with them for fear that he may be made an enemy of them. Now in modern times, Merlin can feel Necron's influence returning.

Merlin now stands on the front step of the Roman League, an organization that Merlin has spent many years trying to avoid, hoping that they won't kill him out right.

(For all purposes, Merlin will be different in the recovery of ML, he will only recover 1 every second post due to the demon inside)

Asterdan wrote:Character Name: Lucien "Luke" Peterson
Alias(optional): Draco
Where are you from: North Carolina, USA

Weapons(optional): Two scythe-like swords
Powers(max 2): Peak Human Condition, Pyrokinetic bolts
Super Move(must also include ML cost): Dragon Rage, he can take on the attributes of dragon for a short time (including their strength, fire breath and flight). 4 ML
Bio(must explain who your character is and how they got their abilities): Lucien had always been interested in the ancient Greeks and Romans, studying them until he knew them better than the Abrahamic religions. Eventually, Luke decided to just go Pagan and follow the Olympian Gods. His favorite was always Vulcan, the Fire God.

On his 19th Birthday, he was approached by a man who said that he could give him the gift of Vulcan. Thinking he was full of crap, Luke laughed and agreed. He didn't know that he had just been recruited to fight the Dark One.
Last edited by Ammar on Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 7 times in total.
/ \ world.
Victorious Decepticons
Orthella
Feminarchy

Asterdan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:03 pm

Character Name: Lucien "Luke" Peterson

Super Move(must also include ML cost): Dragon Rage, he can take on the attributes of dragon for a short time (including their strength, fire breath and flight). 4 ML
Bio(must explain who your character is and how they got their abilities): Lucien had always been interested in the ancient Greeks and Romans, studying them until he knew them better than the Abrahamic religions. Eventually, Luke found his beliefs aligning more with the Olympian Gods than the Abrahamic God. His views also sided with the Olympian Gods, and so he thought the next logical step was a full conversion to Paganism. His favorite was always Vulcan, the Fire God. Something about the way Vulcan carried himself, the power that he wielded and an odd obsession with fire put Vulcan as Luke's main God.

On his 19th Birthday, he was approached by a man who said that he could give him the gift of Vulcan. The actual words of the man were "You shall wield Vulcan's power, just as the ancient creatures did." It didn't take him long to figure out that these 'ancient creatures' were Dragons, who wielded the power of Fire. Thinking he was full of crap, Luke laughed and agreed. He didn't know that he had just been recruited to fight the Dark One.
Last edited by Asterdan on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Aster. Yes, I did revive this nation... Again...

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

Ammar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ammar » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:58 pm

Asterdan wrote:Character Name: Lucien "Luke" Peterson

Bio(must explain who your character is and how they got their abilities): Lucien had always been interested in the ancient Greeks and Romans, studying them until he knew them better than the Abrahamic religions. Eventually, Luke decided to just go Pagan and follow the Olympian Gods. His favorite was always Vulcan, the Fire God.

On his 19th Birthday, he was approached by a man who said that he could give him the gift of Vulcan. Thinking he was full of crap, Luke laughed and agreed. He didn't know that he had just been recruited to fight the Dark One.

Well, since you are the CO-OP, I have to accept you.
/ \ world.
Victorious Decepticons
Orthella
Feminarchy

Indo-pasif archipelago
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Indo-pasif archipelago » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:22 pm

Tag, thanks for the TG.
I picked the Anarchist Hog

Ammar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ammar » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:50 am

Come on. Anyone can join. Heck, I'll even take the account you secretly created just to troll.
/ \ world.
Victorious Decepticons
Orthella
Feminarchy

Indo-pasif archipelago
Ambassador

Democratic Socialists

Postby Indo-pasif archipelago » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:09 pm

Character Name: Atrebates
Alias(optional):The Omen
Allegiance: Order of The Fallen
Where are you from: Roman Empire/Modern-day German
Appearance(description or image): Image
Weapons(optional): His wings, claws, and talons.
Powers(max 2): The Omen's twisted being is the result of his diabolic divination, for he is able to perceive and forge the future. No one, friends nor foes, able to interpret his prophetic vision.
Fate's Promise: A prophecy is spoken, that one heroes of both sides shall have their fate twisted; Death become life, and life become death.
Bio(must explain who your character is and how they got their abilities): Artrebates was a simple peasant, who lived two millenias ago as farmers and conscript for two years. His legion were sent to modern day france and fought for Roman Empire for ten years. When his days as sodier came to an end, he returned to his home only to find an awful surprise. His family was slaughtered and his daughter and wive were raped and killed by the barbarian.

In his rage, an emisarry of Necron came to him and offered him a power to control his own future. He accepted the pact and the demon started the wicked transformation. The power flew greatly inside him, and the wicked visions unlocked by it twisted the mind and body of Artrebates, and thus The Omen was born.

Ammar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ammar » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:33 pm

Indo-pasif archipelago wrote:Character Name: Atrebates
Appearance(description or image): (Image)
Powers(max 2): The Omen's twisted being is the result of his diabolic divination, for he is able to perceive and forge the future. No one, friends nor foes, able to interpret his prophetic vision.
Fate's Promise: A prophecy is spoken, that one heroes of both sides shall have their fate twisted; Death become life, and life become death.
Bio(must explain who your character is and how they got their abilities): Artrebates was a simple peasant, who lived two millenias ago as farmers and conscript for two years. His legion were sent to modern day france and fought for Roman Empire for ten years. When his days as sodier came to an end, he returned to his home only to find an awful surprise. His family was slaughtered and his daughter and wive were raped and killed by the barbarian.

In his rage, an emisarry of Necron came to him and offered him a power to control his own future. He accepted the pact and the demon started the wicked transformation. The power flew greatly inside him, and the wicked visions unlocked by it twisted the mind and body of Artrebates, and thus The Omen was born.

First off, you didn't include your Madness Level Cost, so that needs to be added.

I'm a bit iffy about this. The main flaw with all-knowing characters is the part where something catches them off guard. It's incredibly difficult to pull off correctly, if at all. Since your character already knows what someone else will do, it makes the choices of that person seem less significant. Take Jigsaw from Saw for example. Also, I don't understand your powers. So, you control the fate of others?
Last edited by Ammar on Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/ \ world.
Victorious Decepticons
Orthella
Feminarchy

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:40 pm

possible tag.
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Ammar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ammar » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:40 pm

Bump
/ \ world.
Victorious Decepticons
Orthella
Feminarchy

Indo-pasif archipelago
Ambassador

Democratic Socialists

Postby Indo-pasif archipelago » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:00 am

Ammar wrote:
Indo-pasif archipelago wrote:Character Name: Atrebates
Appearance(description or image): (Image)

First off, you didn't include your Madness Level Cost, so that needs to be added.

I'm a bit iffy about this. The main flaw with all-knowing characters is the part where something catches them off guard. It's incredibly difficult to pull off correctly, if at all. Since your character already knows what someone else will do, it makes the choices of that person seem less significant. Take Jigsaw from Saw for example. Also, I don't understand your powers. So, you control the fate of others?

I was going to explain my abillity, but I think I will just make a new app.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:25 am

Interesting... Tag.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:58 am

Who is the last of the three original members of the Roman League?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Ammar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ammar » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:04 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Who is the last of the three original members of the Roman League?

Jester. I have plan on introducing him in the IC. I just haven't made the app yet.
/ \ world.
Victorious Decepticons
Orthella
Feminarchy

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:05 am

Ammar wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Who is the last of the three original members of the Roman League?

Jester. I have plan on introducing him in the IC. I just haven't made the app yet.

Ok. Is their a max age for characters? (please say no... if you say yes, I'll have to redo my app)
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Ammar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ammar » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:08 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Ammar wrote:Jester. I have plan on introducing him in the IC. I just haven't made the app yet.

Ok. Is their a max age for characters? (please say no... if you say yes, I'll have to redo my app)

For the Fallen, no. For Roman League, I would say that you can go up to 40.
/ \ world.
Victorious Decepticons
Orthella
Feminarchy

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:10 am

Ammar wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

For the Fallen, no. For Roman League, I would say that you can go up to 40.

What if my character was technically originally Fallen, but now isn't? Fallen age applies or no?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Ammar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ammar » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:23 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Ammar wrote:For the Fallen, no. For Roman League, I would say that you can go up to 40.

What if my character was technically originally Fallen, but now isn't? Fallen age applies or no?

I'll allow it.
/ \ world.
Victorious Decepticons
Orthella
Feminarchy

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:24 am

Here we go... (If need be I'll change somethings around)

App:
Character Name:
Allias:
Merlin
Allegiance:
Roman League
Where are you from:
What is now Scotland.
Appearance:

Weapons:
Powers:
Energy Manipulation - Energy manipulation is described as the manipulation of energy (heat, kinetic, electrical, etc). It is not the creation of it, but instead it usually involves redirecting the energy or converting it to a different form (ie heat to electrical)
Matter Manipulation - Basically energy manipulation but with matter. Requires a max distance of 3 feet with what he is trying to manipulate.
Super Move:
Void Unbound (cost 5 ML) - He releases the demon inside of him to increase everything about him, from his abilities of manipulation to his physical strength. Speed is increased, resistance is increased. Wounds are healed, but he losses most control of himself during this state. As such, the more he uses it, the longer it lasts. Eventually, the demon inside, Void, will take control.
Bio:
In the early days of man, Merlin was born. Mankind had just started to settle down and form settlements. In this time of revolution, darkness still reigned. This was the Neolithic Revolution. He was incredibly intelligent for the time, and was naturally a leader of his people. Tribal warfare was rampant, and Merlin feared for his family, his clan, his people. One day a strange being, Necron, approached him with a solution to his problem. Necron promised Merlin the power to protect his people. Merlin was blinded by the need to protect his people, so blind that he didn't see that Necron was trying to trick him. He accepted Necron's promise, and was giving great power, he didn't see the snake under the flower... until it was to late. One day Merlin felt something growing inside of him, something dark. Before he could even conceive what happened, it happened. Necron granted him power, but he also merged Merlin with a powerful demon, known simply as Void. Void took over and killed every last one of Merlin's people. He had been tricked, and he could do nothing but speak to the demon.

Eventually, Merlin was able to trick Void into building a special structure. This structure would act as a energy conductor. This circle of rings is now called Stonehenge. Merlin told Void that on a certain day, with certain events that Stonehenge would make him more powerful, perhaps strong enough to rival Necron. This was all a lie of course, Merlin noticed that during the summer solstice, he was able to take some control back. With that information, and an energy conductor, Merlin could possible, take full control back, and destroy Void. It worked. During the next summer solstice, Merlin was able to gain enough control to harness the energy conducted by Stonehenge and reclaim his body. But, Void wasn't fully destroyed, instead, Void was chained and bound deep inside Merlin's soul. The power that Necron gave him stayed, but Void was chained, mostly. Merlin found that if he needed he could unbind Void for a short period of time to give him power.

Over the next thousand years, not much happened. The Romans came to Britian, they left, Merlin decided to travel the world. He would eventually return to Britain to help a little known legendary king, King Arthur. Merlin quickly befriended him, and was at his side all his life, even when Arthur laid upon his death bed. Merlin can tell you, that many of the stories involving King Arthur were pretty accurate, but some were just wrong. Merlin was touched when Arthur gave him Excalibur with his dying breaths. Merlin then continued to live a quiet life, he heard of the Roman League, but never joined with them for fear that he may be made an enemy of them. Now in modern times, Merlin can feel Necron's influence returning.

Merlin now stands on the front step of the Roman League, an organization that Merlin has spent many years trying to avoid, hoping that they won't kill him out right.

(For all purposes, Merlin will be different in the recovery of ML, he will only recover 1 every second post due to the demon inside)
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:25 am

Have fun with that Bio.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Ammar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ammar » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:49 am

App:
Character Name:
Allias:
Merlin
Allegiance:
Roman League
Where are you from:
What is now Scotland.
Appearance:

Weapons:
Powers:
Super Move:
Bio:

Accepted. I expect something amazing out of this.
/ \ world.
Victorious Decepticons
Orthella
Feminarchy

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:51 am

Ammar wrote:

App:
Character Name:
Allias:
Merlin
Allegiance:
Roman League
Where are you from:
What is now Scotland.
Appearance:

Weapons:
Powers:
Super Move:
Bio:

Accepted. I expect something amazing out of this.

I'll try. :p
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:01 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Ammar wrote:Accepted. I expect something amazing out of this.

So he is that Merlin! Fan theory confirmed! You need to make a franchise out of this guy. Seriously.

Tag, by the way.
Making a kind-of-sort-of-not angel character. Should be pretty memorable.
(Coming up with names for powers and stuff is the best! I need to find one of those RPG style game developers who needs somebody to come up with power names.)

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:03 am

Charlia wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

So he is that Merlin! Fan theory confirmed! You need to make a franchise out of this guy. Seriously.

Tag, by the way.
(Coming up with names for powers and stuff is the best! I need to find one of those RPG style game developers who needs somebody to come up with power names.)

Maybe... I should also make a franchise of Ajax as well... (Don't mind me)
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:06 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Charlia wrote:So he is that Merlin! Fan theory confirmed! You need to make a franchise out of this guy. Seriously.

Tag, by the way.

Maybe... I should also make a franchise of Ajax as well... (Don't mind me)

That would be pretty funny... keep Char out of it though. Your guy's sweet, but I've already got plans for poor little Charlotte...
(A friend of mine once said it would be terrible for her if a character she made(who got stuck as a ghost) was real and found out who she was, because he would be so ticked. I was like 'Girl, you don't know the half of it.')

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse