NATION

PASSWORD

Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust: Short Change Heroes [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Krogan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:41 am

Sonitusia wrote:Koro took out the cash, mumbling slowly in reply. "Expertise... Warmind..." She began to count the exact amount of credits. "Memory core... Help..." She handed the credits after counting them precisely, the other hand also out to receive the USBs. "Yes, I know exactly where. Because I work for the fellow." Since she had let go of the door, it revealed that she was only wearing her undergarments. Sure, it may not faze most warminds, but a straggling organic might be stunned to see her in this form.

As Koro had let go of the door to complete their transaction, Loken noticed that the Warmind wasn't wearing very much, only her undergarments to be precise. Though he did find it sightly distracting, unlike organics it wasn't something that would throw him off nor was a "lust" driven kind of distraction. He did glance around though to make sure there weren't any dirty meatbags taking advantage of the scenery though, before handing her the USB's.

"It is not my place to tell you what you can and cannot wear Miss Koro, but there are meatbags (ERROR).. err.. (ERROR).. organics that would... do bad things..." An awkward pause followed before Loken continued.

"Well that's convenient, do you know if he's available to see me now?" He asked, hoping to get the problem fixed as soon as possible, as he had just experienced a glitch.

I haven't used the term "meatbag" for organics since the war.... He thought uneasily.
The perpetual lurker of NS, trudging through the desolate winter.

Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brusia » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:10 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:
Ruins of Teglah, Uadas
Meravynn

Meravynn turned her head as she was approached by a man, one Galen Jones of the Order of Magi. A Warlock, then. Perhaps he could make some more sense out of that data? The Nisse nodded. "Correct. I'm Meravynn. Used to me somewhat of a famous gladiator in Thanedice years ago. But yeah, I'm here for the bounty. Looks like you are, too. So..." Meravynn turned around fully, rubbing her hands together. "You've been shown everything? What do you make out those numbers to be? I'd assume you can do more with them than I can, seeing as you're a Warlock of the Order of Magi.

The Nisse looked up, surprised, as she heard a lot of loud noises coming from the road to Teglah. She saw a small figure, probably an Unbroken (ugh), being flung out of the seat of whatever the thing he was driving would be called, bouncing towards the ruined town's entrance. She looked back towards Galen. "I don't think he's one of the Arch-Regent's men. Looks like we won't be the only ones investigating this whole thing."

Teglah, Uadas

"It's a pleasure to meet you Meravynn" Galen replied, before responding to her question "The numbers are Aetheric energy readings, and they're completely off the charts. Whatever happened here was almost certainly Aether related, but it's unlike anything I've ever seen. I sent a copy of the data along with the witness' statement back to the Order, so I'm hoping someone there will be able to provide us with more intel..."

He was then interrupted by the bounty hunter being thrown off his vehicle, and his following collision with the ground. Galen listened as Meravynn spoke again and replied "Normally, I'd be happy to have all the help I can get, but I'm not certain if these other bounty hunters will end up being a help or a hindrance..."

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:24 am

Teglah, Uadas

"I see. Well, I doubt that your colleagues back at the Order will be able to find much of use - the Arch-Regent's very own didn't manage to do it, so I highly doubt that your friends'll succeed. Still, who knows? Definitely worth a try. Interesting robot you got there, by the way." Meravynn slowly began walking towards the town's entrance, where the new arrival had crashed, taking a carton of cigarettes out of a pouch, taking one from it and lighting it. Bringing the cigarette to her mouth, she held the carton out towards Galen. "You want one?"

The Nisse turned her face back towards the Unbroken's crash site. "Eh, he'll provide a good distraction."
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Brusia
Senator

Postby Brusia » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:06 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:"I see. Well, I doubt that your colleagues back at the Order will be able to find much of use - the Arch-Regent's very own didn't manage to do it, so I highly doubt that your friends'll succeed. Still, who knows? Definitely worth a try. Interesting robot you got there, by the way."

Galen followed Meravynn and listened to what she was saying. He wasn't fond of approaching this investigation with so little information, so he certainly hoped the Order would have some intel for him, but at the same time he knew she was probably correct. As she continued, upon hearing Meravynn say he was interesting, Dinklebot moved away from Galen's side and hovered next to Meravynn's head. Then, with an air of pride, he responded "Thank you ma'am. I am an Order of Magi research AI version 3.0; designed by Dr. Dinkle..." Galen then reached out and pushed the little AI away from Meravynn's head, saying "She didn't ask for your life story Dinklebot." He then looked back at Meravynn and in a humorous tone said, shook his head and said "Robots..." When Meravynn offered him a cigarette, he politely declined saying "Thank you, but I don't smoke."

As they neared the crash site, Galen heard Meravynn say "Eh, he'll provide a good distraction" and, looking at the destruction, Galen chuckled and replied "Now, on that, we can certainly agree."

As the two came close to the crashed bounty hunter, Galen approached him and asked "Are you alright?"
Last edited by Brusia on Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:17 pm

"Yes, I can see your problem... And I don't mind what I wear, as long as no one starts shooting at me because of it," she answered flatly. Taking her jacket on a nearby stand, she zipped it up, and put her cargo pants on as well. "Give me a moment..." She closed the door to put her 'valuables' inside of a metal closet, locking it, and then shouldering her rifle, making sure her pistol was still holstered.

She opened the door once more, closing it and locking it behind her. "Alright, follow me." And she begins to lead the warmind to Ignus' shop.
Last edited by Sonitusia on Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:44 pm

Asha was on her way to the colonel when she heard the sound of an Unbroken in a house careening at her. She jumped out of the way as the giant, house flew at break neck speeds. Rhino nearly avoided being a collection of broken parts.

"Never heard of brakes have you!" she shouted before calming down, "you alright Rhino?" Red Rhino merely grunted angrily. "well if you have time to shout like that... then you seem fine," she added. She pulled a cigar out and lit it while looking over Rhino one more time.

While rounding the corner, she found two others looking at the damages. one human, one nisse. She took the lead and began moving parts out of the wau, to try and scramble to find life. Red did a quick scan for bio-signatures and then motioned her in the right direction. I think that was an unbroken... an Unbroken and a nisse. that could cause problems.
Last edited by Saleon on Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Ardavia
Senator

Founded: Jun 05, 2013

Postby Ardavia » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:09 am

Alec nodded to signify he'd heard and gave a brief glance at the back of the retreating Warmind, before he started to walk towards the hill, boots crunching on the ground below him, his breath raspy through the respirator. On the way, he's busily thinking. Judgment is a great weapon, and he'd never give up the thing without a fight, but he needs to get something else as a reserve weapon.

It's just too unwieldy for some situations, he thought, maybe I could get a pistol or something else that's easy to handle and not too bulky. Should probably look into that at Zufbridge. As he arrived at the hill and once more set down the machinegun, he reached one hand over his shoulder and withdrew the tarp before wrapping up Judgment again. Seeing Xander cooking something over a small stove at the edge of his vision, he realized that he was fairly hungry.

Shrugging his pack off his shoulders and onto the ground, he reached one hand in and withdrew a somewhat scratched metal bottle and a pair of plastic-wrapped nutrient bars. Unwrapping one and shoving the entire thing into his mouth after removing his mask, he chewed the thing down with a grimace before gulping down some water and then repeating the process.
Last edited by Ardavia on Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
professional contrarian
for: whatever you are against
against: whatever you are for

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:34 am

Ruins of Teglah, Uadas
Meravynn

Meravynn moved a step backwards for a second as the Dinklebot started hovering right next to her head. She listened to the robot explain who he was, obviously quite proud of himself as far as that was possible for an artificial intelligence of his kind, chuckling as Galen pushed it away. "Eh, he's obviously very happy with who he is. Wouldn't you be if you were a small, floating artificial intelligence with a single glowing eye at the center of your body? I know I would." Smiling, she continued to walk back towards Teglah, putting the carton of cigarettes away when Galen stated he didn't smoke.

When the two came closer to the crashed bounty hunter, Meravynn saw Galen approach the Unbroken, and decided to stay back, away from the Dwarf, having no interest in speaking with the man. Taking the cigarette from her mouth and blowing a puff of smoke, the Nisse saw two new arrivals, moving parts of wreckage from the crash site. Studying the two for a moment, she saw that the two were a human female and a Warmind, the human smoking a cigar. A fellow smoker, then. Meravynn chuckled to herself. Bringing the cigarette back to her mouth, the Nisse made a subtle gesture with her head, motioning for the two to approach, unsure if they'd notice it.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:45 am

The rat meat is cooking, on a stick over the small stove. The smell fills his nostrils, the crackle of the charred meat filling his ears over the sound of the wind. His knife, with the carcasses of the rats are in a small pile beside him, his pack and equipment on the other. He nods to the other human, who is eating near by. Slowly, he takes off his helmet, revealing a mess of unruly hair, and a clean, bare face, from his Nisse blood. Squinting at the fading sun, he pulls the meat off of the stove and picks a piece off, sampling it. Satisfied with it being finished cooking, he places it all atop the corner of his tarpaulin beside him, turning off the little stove and packing it away. Then he proceeds to eat the meal, which he had been eating since meeting Cain. Rats are easy to come by, and easy to kill, if you're a good shot.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:18 am

Loken followed Koro through the streets towards where he presumed her employer was, continuously scanning and taking in his surroundings. Both because he was curious of the city, and one of his bouts of paranoia was kicking in. He constantly searched for anything that could threaten him in the surrounding area, the glances from organics would set off alarm bells in his thought processes, and every banging shutter or opening door nearly caused him to draw his weapons.

Get a grip Imperator, your... caution is irrational here, there is no reason these mea-organics would try and fight you, you own nothing of value and look to be more trouble then your worth, Loken thought to himself, and though he was able to calm his battle reaction systems, he was still a little jumpy.

Koro and Loken had been walking in silence for a while now, and though he didn't mind it, thought it best to practice socializing.

"So Miss Koro.. What do you do for this employer?"

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:11 pm

Koro was one to give a smile to people she passed, even if they did give awkward smiles back, making hand signals that she might be a bit knocked in the head. But mostly those were people who had never met her before. The morning bustle was as active as ever, and she was interested as to what could possibly be made today.

"It's Koro if you don't mind. Koronian Robotics, L Series, Model 3. My employer is a weapons and robotics expert, although his public image is as a gunsmith. I usually help him with collecting scrap metal, but sometimes he teaches me how to fix a certain weapon, and has me do so in bulk amounts." She waved at someone who she walked passed often, and the Unbroken man waved back with a grunt, returning to his work moments later. "I think you'll... Like him? He's an interesting person, so to speak."

Eventually, they reached the shop, which was much larger than the ones near it, but that was mostly so that it could occupy the tall Draconid inside. Ignus saw Koro walk towards him, as he currently only had a single customer browsing. "Ah, Koro. Finally here!" He bellowed, wiping some grime onto the large black apron that covered his front. "I was beginning to think you'd forgotten and got more metal!" Koro smiled... warmly?... And pointed to... -Processing-

"Who are you again?" She asked bluntly. Ignus eyed her curiously. "You didn't even ask for the fellow's name? But I suppose he's with you for a reason. What can I do for you?"
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:40 am

As they walked and talked, Loken noticed that Koro was a very socially active Warmind, smiling and waving to almost every passerby. Unfazed if they didn't return her greetings or made a few rude gestures behind her back, to which he stared down the offender menacingly as they passed. Hmmm she's very persistent I'll giver her that, Loken thought as he watched her wave to an Unbroken, who returned it.

After she had corrected him on what to call her and described her employer, the pair walked in a comfortable silence through the streets until they reached her employers shop. Upon entering, Loken saw a tall Draconid greet Koro loudly and enthusiastically, it seemed as though they were pretty good friends. It was only when Koro tried to introduce him, and asked him his name, did he realize that he had forgotten to introduce himself.

Damn, spending to much time in the wastes by myself, he thought before saying,

"Ah excuse my manners, to much times in the Wastes seem to have eroded my social protocols, my name is Imperator Loken, or just Loken for short, Koro told me that you have some expertise in Warmind information and memory core processing, as my own seems to be becoming... dysfunctional I guess, and I was wondering if you could help with that?" he asked.

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:48 am

Ignus grunts in acknowledgement, and goes to the back of the shop without another word, returning minutes later with a scanner of some sort. "Right, let's check you up first..." He flips a switch, and the gadget whirs to life, several lasers beginning to trace the warmind they were pointed at. After several moments, the lasers flickered away, and a few beeping noises were heard on the device.

"Yeah, you've got an energy leakage near your processing and the memory core is just about fried. If you hadn't come sooner, I wouldn't know how you'd end up..." Ignus showed the results on the scanner as proof, laying it onto the table in front of him. "It's going to be a rather lengthy fix, but nothing I can't patch up. The memory core though..." He looked behind him, as if searching for something missing. "I don't think I have any of your type... Your kind has been wiped out ages ago, finding parts would be near impossible..."

Koro raised her hand. "Can't Loken just use another warmind's core?" she asked, "I believe if we can find one similar, we can replace it with his." Ignus scratched his chin. "Yes, we could do that... The B.I.O. series is particularly similar with his systems, although they may break faster due to his much heavier energy output..." He looked at the warmind. "I can get you a brand new B.I.O. memory core, which are actually quite cheap because they're still in production. And I'll even install a device so you can switch out cores easier as well, because I don't know if the B.I.O. core can last for intense periods of power."
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:30 am

Loken stared at the results of the scanner, and even though he was no maintenance bot, he knew without the others telling him that he was in trouble. Damn.. your getting old you rust bucket, good thing you found help here, you probably wouldn't have made it much longer like this, he thought to himself. He had some... concerns though about replacing his memory core, he had never had to do it before and didn't know if there were any risks involved. Turning towards Ignus, Loken launched a series of questions,

"Ummm I thank you for the concern and viable solutions that you have presented... But what are the risks involved with changing a memory core? Especially one that is not of the same model," he asked, and quickly thought of something else that had caught his attention.

"And where have you heard of my.. kind before? Most beings that I have talked to have never heard of Imperator's before."

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:41 pm

Brusia wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:"I see. Well, I doubt that your colleagues back at the Order will be able to find much of use - the Arch-Regent's very own didn't manage to do it, so I highly doubt that your friends'll succeed. Still, who knows? Definitely worth a try. Interesting robot you got there, by the way."

Galen followed Meravynn and listened to what she was saying. He wasn't fond of approaching this investigation with so little information, so he certainly hoped the Order would have some intel for him, but at the same time he knew she was probably correct. As she continued, upon hearing Meravynn say he was interesting, Dinklebot moved away from Galen's side and hovered next to Meravynn's head. Then, with an air of pride, he responded "Thank you ma'am. I am an Order of Magi research AI version 3.0; designed by Dr. Dinkle..." Galen then reached out and pushed the little AI away from Meravynn's head, saying "She didn't ask for your life story Dinklebot." He then looked back at Meravynn and in a humorous tone said, shook his head and said "Robots..." When Meravynn offered him a cigarette, he politely declined saying "Thank you, but I don't smoke."

As they neared the crash site, Galen heard Meravynn say "Eh, he'll provide a good distraction" and, looking at the destruction, Galen chuckled and replied "Now, on that, we can certainly agree."

As the two came close to the crashed bounty hunter, Galen approached him and asked "Are you alright?"

"Back off, spooky pants! Bhatair Rocksmiter needs no assistance! I've had ten worse crashes than that!"

He sprung up to his feet, mildly smelling of cheap liquor.

"You wanna dance? I haven't had a good rumble since that bandit tried mugging me up the road. Smashed both his kneecaps!"
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Brusia
Senator

Postby Brusia » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:15 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:"Back off, spooky pants! Bhatair Rocksmiter needs no assistance! I've had ten worse crashes than that!"

Galen shrugged and replied "Suit yourself" then turned around and started walking back toward Meravynn. As he was doing so, the Unbroken jumped to his feet and said:

Ameriganastan wrote:"You wanna dance? I haven't had a good rumble since that bandit tried mugging me up the road. Smashed both his kneecaps!"

Galen stopped and laughed a little, then said "Thanks but no thanks, I think I'll be needing my kneecaps intact for this investigation. Besides, you should probably save your strength for fighting whatever destroyed this town." He then finished walking back to Meravynn and shook his head quietly saying "Unbroken..."

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:57 pm

Cerrania wrote:Aksa'a Vistho, Fallen Warrior of the Ssevis Clan

The draconid sniffed at the air, snarling as he did. His target was close, no more than a quarter mile away. And he was afraid. Aksa'a could smell his terror. It saturated his scent with a pungent, odious stench. Aksa'a's mark knew he was being tracked, knew he was being hunted, and he did was terrified of what was to come. Aksa'a did not blame him.

"Good. Fear makes the blood run. And that makes them sevenfold tastier." Came the whisper from the back of his mind. Aksa'a did not produce this thought on his own free will, however. It came from the warrior spirit that had inhabited Aksa'a's body since the day that he tries so hard to forget. Aksa'a has taken to calling the murderous presence "Thesa Na'Aksa'a", or "Impure Warrior". Almost constantly, Aksa'a was tormented by the spirit's murmurs of bloodshed and violence. More than once, Aksa'a had been very close to giving in. Only his unwavering faith in the Holy Thirteen had kept him on his righteous course.

And that course was about to lead him to a cleansing of Uasa. A small one, perhaps, but every scum that was denied a chance to corrupt the world was a victory to Aksa'a. Shaking off the disconcerting voice in his head, Aksa'a ran forward. After a moment of gaining speed, he closed his eyes. With a resounding, mental, shout, he called out to the Aether.

Vesperis umbra.

And the Aether replied, in full. With a sensation of becoming lighter, Aksa'a became a ghost in the wind. His physical form faded, and his perception of the world turned to a warped, twisted, and dark realm. He had entered the Shade Realm. Still maintaining his sprint, Aksa'a smiled and whooped, knowing he was invisible and very hard to hear in the physical realm. He relished the burning of his muscles, the raggedness of his breath, as he bounded forward. Taking another long draw of breath, Aksa'a sniffed his target. It was near, and Aksa'a was closing fast. After cresting a hill, he saw the mark. It was running hard through the trees, weaving back and forth and occasionally looking behind his shoulder.

As if that would help.

Aksa'a dropped to all fours, once again roaring, as he closed the last hundred feet between him and his prey. Once within ten metres, Aksa'a lunged, opening his maw and splaying his hands.

Spectaculum. He called to the Aether, and with a vicious roar Aksa'a was once again plunged into the physical plane. His target whirled around and ushered a scream before Aksa'a crashed into him, sending them both rolling. Recovering quickly, Aksa'a stood, once again bipedal, and began to walk towards the man. The target cowered, crawling back away from Aksa'a and drawing a petty handgun. He aimed it shakily, still attempting to flee. Aksa'a threw his weight to the side, lashing out with his tail. It struck the man's wrist, knocking the pistol out of his grip. Aska'a growled, and the man looked at him with eyes filled with horror. Then, with a press of a button on the small pad on his wrist, Aksa'a activated his combat armor. The suit deployed from the spinal implant on his back, and left his head exposed.

Aksa'a wanted this man to see the face of his executioner. It was one of the only respects that could be paid to this doomed soul.

"You stand trial for murder, for rape, and for thievery. Your name is Avara Kelnett. I, Aksa'a Vistho, find you guilty of these crimes. In the light of the Holy Thirteen, I condemn you to the punishment of death. I hope that whatever gods you believe in will have mercy upon you, because I will not." Aksa'a stated, solemnly. Closing his eyes, Aska'a called out to the Aether once again.

Ysatha.

From the hilt in his grip emerged a blue blade, springing forth into existence with a dull hum. Ysatha was a brutally efficient blade, and now its Blade Soul hungered. Aksa'a would sate it. Raising the weapon, and pointing it downward, Aksa'a spoke,

"Zakita a'zum, naku'ol, ssvitha."

Almost immediately, the frenzied and ragged reply of the condemned reached Aksa'a's ears. A desperate call, one meant to prolong the inevitable, but a cry nonetheless,

"The Aether can't save you! It comes, it comes for all of us!"

Aksa'a did not pause, and plunged the blade downwards. There was barely a sound as the tip pierced through the man's shoulder and kept moving, travelling all the way through until it lodged itself into the dirt. The dead man ushered forth one gurgle, and then was silent. Withdrawing the blade from his body, Aksa'a let it retreat back into its sanctuary in the hilt. Its work was done for the day. But Aksa'a's was only beginning. Kneeling down, the morose executioner laid his prize flat, and crossed the arms over the chest. If he was to kill, Aksa'a would respect the dead. Now, standing, he let a grin slip from his maw. It would be a long run home, and Aksa'a relished the thought of rigorous exercise to clear his mind of the barbaric thoughts that now clouded his coherence. Retracting his armor from his body, Aksa'a idly felt a spot on his upper thigh. There laid a glyph, its purpose quite simple, and its name short. He called out to it in its dimension.

Celeri Ssevi.

Immediately, Aksa'a felt raw power course through his veins and clear his mind, and he felt as if he could run for years on end without stopping. With a shout - equal parts triumph and anticipation - he sprinted forward, back towards home. He ran fast, and he ran hard, dropping to all fours after a short time. He ran so fast he became a whooping blur in the wind, a streak across the forests and plains of Thenadice and its surrounding towns.

Aksa'a felt invincible, as if nothing would touch him. And surely, nothing ever would. He was too fast, too strong.

He was a warrior.

Several Hours Later

Aska'a was exhausted by the time he skidded to a halt in front of the large tent he and his brother called home. Breathing hard, Aksa'a stood on his hind legs and took stock of the situation. It was dusk, the sun settling down to hide its luminescence below the horizon. Inside his tent, however, a faint glow was lighting the area around it. Once he had caught his breath, Aksa'a adjusted a loose pad on his clothing, and stepped inside silently. He ducked his head in respect as soon as he saw his brother, Akaro, was in the midst of a prayer. While Aksa'a was just as spiritual and reverent as his brother, Akaro was much more theological than Aksa'a. He was more likely to analyze the wonder of the gods, to predict where they will grace Uasa with their touch, than to honor their name in combat as Aksa'a did. However, to say that made Akaro any less proficient in the art of battle was entirely untrue. He was a fair match for Aksa'a, and the pair's combined power was a swirling typhoon of death.

Approaching the altar with his eyes still cast downwards, Aksa'a knelt at the foot of the display and let his eyelids slide shut. After muttering a greeting incantation, Aksa'a spoke directly to his brother.

"Brother, I have killed today. I seek humbly seek repentance. Will you grant me this honor, under the light of the Holy Thirteen?"

Aksa'a knew, with some confidence, that the absolution he sought would be granted. However, to assume without first proceeding through the proper approach was both sacrilegious and extremely disrespectful to both Akaro and the gods above, and Aksa'a was entirely sure he did not inflict the wrath of any of the Thirteen.

"Forgive me, Father. Forgive me, Mother. Forgive me, Shield and Sword. I have violated the sacred pacts to which I swore myself over to on my day of birth. I beg your absolution, for today Uasa has been made safer. I beg you see the means, and not the end." Aksa'a whispered faintly, barely perceptible to even Akaro. Prayer was a silent affair in Draconid religion, as it was meant to be a personal commune between oneself and the Holy Thirteen. To disrupt ones prayer with your own was to tangle their link to the gods and terminate the connection they may have made.

Aksa'a waited silently, letting his message travel to whatever plane the divine lived on, and sat absolutely still.

To pray was to subsist to Aksa'a and Akaro. Their very lives depended on it.

Silence filled the tents for a number of minutes; Akaro scarcely stopped his prayer for anything, save for the worst (or best) of situations. A devout man in nearly every sense of the word, his whole life seemed to be a long journey to redemption now. And he would have it no other way now - even with his Clan's death, he preferred his journeying lifestyle. Looking back....his clan was terrible. Morally terrible. They were murderers who killed in the bastardized name of their gods, which Akaro truly wished for nothing of the sort.

Akaro knelt in silence still, clutching his idol as his brother sat beside him. With a brief sigh of relief escaping his scaly lips, he spoke.

"Aksa'a, I was aware, at least in a slight sense, that the deed you would be committing was the slaying of an uncouth soul. I was aware of this, and I prepared myself for it. I prayed for thine safety, as I always did, and I prayed for your guidance. And it does seem such has been delivered."

Akaro looked up at him with a slight, proud smile.

"The fair Maiden of Justice smiles upon your plight, my brother. Llisiana has guided your hand to serve in its divine glory, and you have delivered upon it. The man you slayed was no man of honor, and his gods - or lack thereof - will sort out his destiny. You have yet again guided yourself to a higher one, and brought yourself closer to the divine thirteen. And by asking for forgiveness, you show humbleness....I am proud brother." Akaro smiled, standing slowly and presenting the small shining stone idol of Llisiana, the Maiden of Light and Justice to his brother Aksa'a.

"Here, please take my idol, brother. We should be moving."
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:41 pm

Ignus was busy preparing tools to fix the internal damage, while he spoke, "There are no real problems with you switching out cores with a newer Warmind in terms of software, in fact, I believe the B.I.O. series traces some of its origins from the Imperator line... Though not by much."

He put some of the tools onto the table, and began collecting more. "But, there are some new features in the state-of-the-art cores, which include a... Personality function. You may have had a human-like personality before, but these things will develop extremely well to the point you may not be... 'Robotic' anymore, so to speak."

He put the last object down, and rested his hands on the table. "I come from a line of Draconids who put Warminds together. It's not really a popular task for our kind, due to our... Bulk, so to speak. But we did it." He then picked up a bolt drill, pulling the trigger a few times to test its spin. "But the generations before that line... They knew how to take them apart." He looked at Loken curiously. "I have no evil intentions, do not worry. Let's just fix that leakage first, yes?"

Koro nodded, remembering stories of a Warmind race going to war, though she didn't know the exact details of it. He must be a veteran of it...
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:01 pm

Loken wasn't so sure about this, especially when Ignus said that the new core would make him more..Organic, and the part about him coming from a line of Draconids that had worked on Imperator's made him uneasy. Once you go to the repair shop you never come back, you just disappear and they tell your friends that you've been reassigned elsewhere or needed more extensive long term repairs.... No one ever saw you again.. Never.. , Loken figuratively shook his head before he took a trip down memory lane, he needed to get himself fixed and quick, before his processes became to messed up. He only needed to ask one more thing though before they started, and though he promised to himself not to lose control if the answer confirmed his fears, he wasn't sure what he'd do,

"Errr just one question about your ancestors sir... I doubt if you know, but did they happen to work in any of the military repair centers by chance?" Loken asked, his hand twitching slightly.

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:06 pm

"Really, I don't know about that. I just know they took robots apart, not where they did that exactly. I don't do that, and neither had my father or grand-father, so I won't bite. Or shoot fire, if that's what scares you," Ignus replied reassuringly, "But I did know they served in our forces back then, just not what they did. Grandpappy never said anything about it."

"Loken, do you need any repairs on that hand?" Koro asked, "I thought everything else was fine."
Last edited by Sonitusia on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:21 am

Brusia wrote:Galen stopped and laughed a little, then said "Thanks but no thanks, I think I'll be needing my kneecaps intact for this investigation. Besides, you should probably save your strength for fighting whatever destroyed this town." He then finished walking back to Meravynn and shook his head quietly saying "Unbroken..."

"Aye, don't you worry about me. I have enough strength to fight 20 town destroying menaces!"

He pulled a flask from his hip, taking a quick drink.

"Speaking of, where's the thing in need of beating and/or killing? I didn't drive all the way Teglah for nothing."
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:03 am

Sonitusia wrote:"Really, I don't know about that. I just know they took robots apart, not where they did that exactly. I don't do that, and neither had my father or grand-father, so I won't bite. Or shoot fire, if that's what scares you," Ignus replied reassuringly, "But I did know they served in our forces back then, just not what they did. Grandpappy never said anything about it."

"Loken, do you need any repairs on that hand?" Koro asked, "I thought everything else was fine."

Loken nodded, Well at least I don't have to worry about him terminating me while I'm under the scalpel, so to say, he thought to himself. When Koro asked him about his hand though, he looked at her quizzically before looking to his hand, which was twitching crazily. What the... Loken stopped the twitching immediately, and slowly closed his hand into an iron fist.

"My hand is fine... Must be the leak.. Or your losing it.. Now, what do you need me to do while you fix these problems?" Loken asked.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:14 am

Ruins of Teglah, Uadas
Meravynn

Meravynn watched the conversation between Galen and the Unbroken play out, amused and annoyed at the same time. When the Warlock came back, she merely shrugged. "Eh, don't talk to me about 'em. There's why I stayed here." The Nisse sat herself down on a rock, watching the Unbroken taking a drink from a flask he had taken from his hip. "Probably best to spare the poor Colonel having to explain everything again to those new arrivals." The Nisse gestured to the three that had just arrived with her hand, motioning for them to come over.

"Alright," she began, "here's the deal. This down was just perfectly fine a day ago. Last night, something destroyed it, changing it into what it is now. That's why we are here. The Arch-Regent will pay us gladly for finding out who or what did this. So far, we know there's been some massive Aether activity last night - bigger than ever seen before, I believe?" The Nisse looked towards Galen, before continuing. "There's also a single survivor, who hasn't been able to tell us much before erupting into terrified screaming again - however, whenever he speaks he speaks about some sort of ghost riders in the sky, with burning eyes and hair. That's all we've got."

Meravynn paused for a second, looking around. "However, I believe I may have something worth checking out. Last time I was in the area - which, granted, was quite a while ago - I heard some people speak of some sort of haunted cave, only an hour or two of walking to the north of here. It's probably some superstitious local folklore, and it'll most likely turn out to be nothing, but I don't believe there's anything else that could possibly be a lead. The man did speak of ghosts, after all, and a haunted cave could be related to that." Again, the Nisse looked around. "Anyone got some other suggestions, or questions? I'll be going to that cave tomorrow, anyone who wants to do so can come with me."
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:19 am

Ignus pushes Loken inside with a grin on his scaly face. "Nothing, just sit down here-" he puts the warmind down onto a comfortable chair (can warminds feel how soft it is?) "-and just chat with Koro." Koro looked at the Draconid quizzically. "I have to... Converse with him?" The smith nodded in return. "Yes, just do that. This won't hurt to make me shut him down, and I'd rather not have him asking anything while I open up his chest."

"Uhm... Alright..." Koro looked at Loken curiously, not knowing how to start a conversation. How is it that you usually start a conversation to a human male?... She began to ponder, and just decided to ask, "Do you like girls?" She wanted to know if he'd like to have her in his presence, which would be awkward if he didn't want that.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:00 am

Loken looked at Koro for several seconds confusedly, trying to work out what she meant by "Do you like girls?". What does she mean by that?... I guess I like females in general, there's no logical reason as to why I wouldn't... Heck I even had a connection to one.., Loken snaps himself out of his revere and says.

"Ummm yes Koro I like females, though I'm not quite sure what you mean... I have no ill will against females in general, organic or warmind... I presume you have no problem with males, as you would not have helped me" He said.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse