NATION

PASSWORD

Likely Lads (Neo-Noir, OOC/Signups) [Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:38 am

Rudaslavia wrote:Yeah, I don't know why this has slowed down to such a degree.

Really, we're only waiting on Astro and Rup. In a few more days, I'll put replies up anyway.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2014
Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:21 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:
Rudaslavia wrote:Yeah, I don't know why this has slowed down to such a degree.

Really, we're only waiting on Astro and Rup. In a few more days, I'll put replies up anyway.

Excellent.
Friends call me "Rud."

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:53 am

My post may be a few days -- today is the first day of classes and I'll be busy between that, catching up with everybody I haven't seen all summer, and being an officer in a student org. Additionally, I'm dealing with a (hopefully minor) financial crisis (my financial aid refund - which I need to pay rent - has somehow ended up in my Great Aunt's bank account, which is a problem), so, I'll post if I can, but it's not a priority at the moment.
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:06 pm

Norv, I don't think you're much an anime guy. Neither am I, but I have to say that Black Lagoon is pretty damn awesome. It's not about ninjas or magical adolescents; it's about smugglers in Southeast Asia during the 90s. I think you'd like it, man. Roanapur reminds me of Portocielo.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:19 pm

Norv, if I can help you with this in any possible way, please don't hesitate to let me know. I'd hate to see such a genius RP die.
Friends call me "Rud."

Walabam
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Walabam » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:02 am

Will post fairly soon.
wat.

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:43 pm

I will also be posting soon.
Friends call me "Rud."

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:25 pm

*attempts to defibrillate the RP to prevent it from dying*
Friends call me "Rud."

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:23 pm

Since Cy asked, and I figured some of the rest of you might also be wondering, here are my plot notes for where this RP would have gone had it not died.

The conspiracy at the heart of the story involves Harry Pope. He is working for the CIA. The Russians are actually CIA muscle working for him. Cuba paid the US a huge bribe to come off the state sponsors of terrorism list. The money for that bribe is being laundered through Pope’s contract to build the PS2 highway. The Fronte Nacional are leaving the highway alone in exchange for a guarantee that the CIA will buy all their cocaine at above-market rates. The Goon Squad is involved because Pope had a family of old Spanish landowners horrifically murdered because they wouldn’t sell him their hacienda, which he needed for the highway, and because the appearance of the Russians has destabilized organized crime in New Leiden.

Day One

1) Meeting at Orange Arms. Everyone already there. How’s your week been? Intro posts. TV story about Cuba coming off terror sponsor list, about highway plans, about soccer and theater.

2) Hot call: homicide on north High Street.

3) High Street: it’s a massacre. Entire family murdered. Old Spanish from the countryside. Looks like a robbery. Eyewits finger Green Cobras. Teams talk to Cuypers, case the crime scene, set up perimeter. Perimeter team finds Cobras trying to get away, takes one prisoner. Crime scene team finds plastic-tip bullets. Cuypers is with Don Carlos and Pope, says to destroy the Cobras. Team goes to Cuypers office there, and finds rabbi upset.

4) Back to precinct. Kill Cobra or interrogate? Cobra scared shitless. One team talks to SID about plastic-tip bullets. The other teams move the Cobra to the old orphanage. Ambushed, gunfight with masked men, Cobra gets shot and croaks. End of day.

Day 1 Evening

5) Partners go out drinking. Jamie shows up, talks about Gabriel. Sid Moss approaches someone, says that Cuypers has a lot of money all of a sudden.

6) Mob tells their guy to spy on Cy’s guy. Celestia reports to FBI. Alan sees family, and his wife arrives home late in rental car – says normal car was in accident. Note the license plate on car.

Day Two

7) Next morning. Leads: find out about victims and plastic-tip bullets. One team goes to hacienda, one goes to talk to Comanda Paraiso. Hacienda was bought by holding company right after family death, now run by beautiful Spaniard. Celia and Ricardo Flores are there, too (?). Comanda says that bullets came in on a Brazilian ship but were jacked by Familia Libra, who also stole a girl.

8.) Rendezvous at Café Artemisa for lunch. Floreses are evasive.

9) Ronnie sent to talk to Jamie about hacienda. She knows a lot of coastal property is being bought up, and Cuypers is getting kickbacks from holding companies. Everyone else goes after Familia Libra on day of soccer game. Firefight! Diaz is dead on arrival, girl is gone. Interrogation of Familia goon reveals Russian involvement.

10) Where are the Russians? Team talks to Joao Pedro. Joao Pedro hands them over to Comanda Paraiso, which thinks they stole the ammo and the girl and framed the Familia. They talk their way out. They learn that a Comanda guy in Atabey knows where the Russians are.

11) One team chases down the holding company. Marrano Heights: stakeout. Turns out to be an empty building, cleared out in a hurry. They find the family guy’s partner’s rental car, and a rabbi with his throat slit.

12) The other team goes to Atabey. Convict says Russians are military-trained, one speaks American English. They buy all FN cocaine at above-market rates and work out of warehouse.

13) Whole team chases down Russians at warehouse. Already gone, but they find plastic-tip bullets and Comanda girl. Sole guard takes off – car chase! Ultimately takes poison. Tons of FN cocaine in the car.

Day 2 Evening

14) Deliver girl to Yellow Rose. Dinner at Blue Moon. Jim Broadbent cameo! Family guy has sick child. Partner tries to kill him – she works for holding company, which belongs to Pope. She leaves a card for Pritchard’s.

15) Ronnie heads to Jamie, finds her beat up by Gabriel. Felipe tails him. Ronnie furious. May go after Gabriel and find him dead.

16) FBI asks Celestia for evidence of Cuypers connection – where is his money coming from?.

Day 3

17) Next morning: run down lead at Pritchard’s, find documents in rental car linking holding company to Pope. Interview rabbi’s family, find the same thing.

18) Then to crime scene for Gabriel Lanza, who’s been murdered. Goon Squad finds evidence of themselves: framers have been framed! Appeal to Commissioner, who says to run. Lanzas put out a kill order on them. Shootout at Orange Arms. Flee to dungeon of old fort.

19) Figure out that Pope has motive for the original family’s murder and that the Russians are masked gunmen. Decide to break into Pope Tower.

20) Break-in. Khan cameo. New highway plans – numbers don’t add up. Clearly laundering vast amounts of money. Excess goes right to US government via Larksburg. Pope is going out to the hacienda himself to meet “Mr. Charles”.

21) Break to gear up. Felipe told to kill Mack, Celestia told to report.

22) Out to Hacienda. Catch Pope meeting with CIA (Russians) and El Padre. Catch whole thing on videotape: highway project launders Cuban government bribe money, FN goes along with it because promise of docks control.

23) Climatic shootout. Lanzas arrive with Marines and try to kill team; Celestia makes decision one way or the other. But FBI arrives and makes Lanzas stand down. Team tells all to FBI. Bad guys get arrested. Goon Squad accidentally cleans up entire island.

24) Fin.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:06 pm

So in the end, Celestia's vision of a pure Portocielo becomes feasible. 8) It is a shame this RP died. I really enjoyed both the premise and the characters. I desperately hope that I'll be able to RP Celestia one day again in another Portocielo-based roleplay.

Good to see you back, Norv. In case you're interested, here's a prequel to Likely Lads set during Portocielo's railroad construction era. The RP hasn't begun yet, and it remains open. Check it out!
Friends call me "Rud."

Walabam
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Walabam » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:00 am

Damn, if only it went on.
wat.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse