NATION

PASSWORD

A War in the Shadows (Cold War Espionage RP,OOC,Semi-Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:43 am

Australian Antarctica wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Better than no cookie.

It totally doesn't have cyanide...

How about an exploding cigar?

Working on a post, should have it up soon. I'll be home most of the day, so I'm going to try and hit up all of my RPs.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:44 am

New Grestin wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:It totally doesn't have cyanide...

How about an exploding cigar?

Working on a post, should have it up soon. I'll be home most of the day, so I'm going to try and hit up all of my RPs.

You better not pull a Sarah...
Last Edited By George S. Patton on December 21, 1945 edited 3 times in total

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Neutral: Democrats, UN, NATO
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form
Male, 18, Like a Hick, but also very Leftist
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
INTJ Personality "The Architect"
Deramen wrote:Cause if anything im a MOTHERFUCKING T-REX!

Creative Director for The Pub

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:48 am

New Grestin wrote:How about an exploding cigar?

You better not pull a Sarah...

I make no assurances. Sarah is just an anti-hero, I'm pretty sure Justine will be more of a femme-fatale.

I like how nobody noticed the reference in the app, though. Redwood Falls was the name of the town I used for the Small Town RP, which I may or may not reboot.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:49 am

New Grestin wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:You better not pull a Sarah...

I make no assurances. Sarah is just an anti-hero, I'm pretty sure Justine will be more of a femme-fatale.

I like how nobody noticed the reference in the app, though. Redwood Falls was the name of the town I used for the Small Town RP, which I may or may not reboot.

Nice, I didn't notice because I never participated, sadly.

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:52 am

New Grestin wrote:I make no assurances. Sarah is just an anti-hero, I'm pretty sure Justine will be more of a femme-fatale.

Nice, I didn't notice because I never participated, sadly.

It really didn't work. The RP flew off the rails when people started introducing paranormal elements all willy nilly, which was not at all the point of the RP. I'm going to reboot it someday, along with doing the Fascist America RP, but I think I'm going to lurk and pick up a few more tricks before I OP again.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:53 am

New Grestin wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Nice, I didn't notice because I never participated, sadly.

It really didn't work. The RP flew off the rails when people started introducing paranormal elements all willy nilly, which was not at all the point of the RP. I'm going to reboot it someday, along with doing the Fascist America RP, but I think I'm going to lurk and pick up a few more tricks before I OP again.

That is my only fear for this RP, people will start throwing twists and traitors whenever they want.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:56 am

New Grestin wrote:It really didn't work. The RP flew off the rails when people started introducing paranormal elements all willy nilly, which was not at all the point of the RP. I'm going to reboot it someday, along with doing the Fascist America RP, but I think I'm going to lurk and pick up a few more tricks before I OP again.

That is my only fear for this RP, people will start throwing twists and traitors whenever they want.

You'll just need to put your foot down occasionally, when it's necessary. Sometimes you just can't let certain things derail the plot.

That was my problem, I was a little too soft touch, rather than making sure the plot didn't get too ridiculous.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:58 am

New Grestin wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:That is my only fear for this RP, people will start throwing twists and traitors whenever they want.

You'll just need to put your foot down occasionally, when it's necessary. Sometimes you just can't let certain things derail the plot.

That was my problem, I was a little too soft touch, rather than making sure the plot didn't get too ridiculous.

Yeah, I'ma put my foot down when necessary.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:11 am

Guys my char is actually a vampire and a quadruple agent working for both the CIA, FBI, KGB, and Waffen SS all at once. And he's 1000 years old. Oh and he can teleport.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:12 am

Sanabel wrote:Guys my char is actually a vampire and a quadruple agent working for both the CIA, FBI, KGB, and Waffen SS all at once. And he's 1000 years old. Oh and he can teleport.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:15 am

Sanabel wrote:Guys my char is actually a vampire and a quadruple agent working for both the CIA, FBI, KGB, and Waffen SS all at once. And he's 1000 years old. Oh and he can teleport.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:23 am

New Grestin wrote:

Dang. yours works better.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:24 am

New Grestin wrote:

Dang. yours works better.

Fun fact: I literally have an entire folder of reaction gifs on my computer.
Last edited by New Grestin on Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:25 am

New Grestin wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Dang. yours works better.

Fun fact: I literally have an entire folder of reaction gifs on my computer.

You must upload them so we may enjoy them...

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:26 am

Be back in a couple hours, gotta go mow the lawn.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:55 am

The IC is moving slow.

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:56 am

Sanabel wrote:The IC is moving slow.

I'm working on my post at the moment. It's almost done, though.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:12 am

Short post. Not much time to dedicate to any substantial post at the moment.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:17 am

Posted. It's a bit big, but I think it's pretty solid.

Cormo
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormo » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:17 am

Nation Name: Cormo
Character Name: Ole Carlson
Appearance: Image
Bio: Born to a Icelandic father (Jónas Ólafsson) and a Norwegian mother (Agnetha Carlson.) in Bellingham, Washington. He lived there until he was 3 years old when he moved to Vancouver, Canada. He was 6 years old when me moved Durban, South Africa with his mother to escape from his abusive father. He stayed there until he was 14 when he was sent to Prince Edward boarding school in what's now Harare, Zimbabwe. Aged 18 he went to study Russian at the University of Toulouse. He graduated aged 23 and went back to the US to work for the CIA in Washington DC. He shares an apartment in the Adams Morgan neighbourhood of Washington DC with his "friend" (Boyfriend.) Adam.
Personality: He is a shy introvert. He has Aspergers but doesn't know about it, due to the period that this RP's in. He is obsessed with learning languages and Charlie Chaplin. He has a bad temper and gets angry frequently. He is mentally scarred from the abuse he suffered as a young child. He is also a closet homosexual.
Skills: He speaks English, Norwegian, Afrikaans, French, Russian and Latin. He can understand Swedish, Danish, Spanish and Italian.
ID Code: 1886 (DO NOT REMOVE)
RP Examples: I have been away for a good bit of time.
I was Bandwagon, now I'm Cormo.

Cormo is an island nation in the Adriatic Sea of around 2.5 million. It's capital is Atlantis Nova. It is between Albania, Montenegro and Italy. More info in my factbook.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013

Postby Alouite » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:32 am

John will be contacting anyone willing to be more loyal to President Kennedy than the CIA director. Anyone interested.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:32 am

He speaks Latin? To whom? The new char whose only abilities include speaking southern African and European languages, I mean. Who would be chemically castrated if his gayness was discovered.
Last edited by Sanabel on Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:33 am

Alouite wrote:John will be contacting anyone willing to be more loyal to President Kennedy than the CIA director. Anyone interested.

Why didn't he go into the secret service then?
My char may be willing. But he's pretty loyal.
Last edited by Sanabel on Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013

Postby Alouite » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:37 am

The house of cards intro should be the theme for this RP.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:37 am

Alouite wrote:The house of cards intro should be the theme for this RP.

OMFG YES.

I LOVE THAT SHOW!

After all, my char is the pic of an actor from that show.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse