NATION

PASSWORD

DO NOT POST HERE

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should we make a new OOC to attract new players?

Yes
77%
No
23%

Total votes : 13

WHYYYY
Senator

Founded: Feb 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:33 pm

Shadowwell wrote:can I make some slight changes to my app, I will be going more indepth about his pocket dimension and add something for his gear and add another sub power.

Go ahead. It'd be good if you could repost it so I can know the current one.
Sorry moderators.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:35 pm

ok
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:47 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:can I make some slight changes to my app, I will be going more indepth about his pocket dimension and add something for his gear and add another sub power.

He's not OP enough already? Lol

Say the guy that can shut off the neurons in peoples bodies.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:53 pm

yay defense from someone who has a character with similar powers darkness for the win!!!!!!!

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:54 pm

I am working on my character app as we speak. :)
Sorry moderators.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:56 pm

improved app, added to appearance gear powers and added a new area describing his pocket dimesion.
Name: Erebus Diedrich Williamson
Appearance: he is 6 foot 2 with an athletic build, he has White hair and Sea-green eyes which can turn to Pure black, this is the result of a science experiment done on him going haywire. he usually wears black clothes as the color suits him best. he has naturally tan skin which is pale as a result of the sun not liking him too much.

Powers/gear: Darkness and shadow manipulation. He can condense shadows into solid objects taking various shapes. He can also travel to a Pocket dimension made of Darkness that he calls DarkSpace. He can create simple minded constructs out of the shadows and darkness. He is more powerful during the night as there is more shadows and darkness to use and fuel his power. During the night he is stronger and faster than the average Athletically built adult male, while during the day in the sun he is weaker than if he was in the shade. He can also Shadow travel. He can see and hear through his constructs as if he was there. He can only shadow-travel to places he currently sees or has been to before. By linking with someone's shadow he can Communicate with them and they can respond, when he does this he is also able to skim their thought slightly. The more he uses his powers the more it starts to effect his personality, i.e. if he uses it for a long time continuously then his personality will become dark for a long period also. If he remains in the DarkSpace for too long it has the same effect. He also has True night vision enabling to see as good as if not better in the dark of night. He can heal himself and in certain cases others but his corruption advances quicker and lasts long this also depends on how bad the injury is, if the injury is too bad i.e. internal bleeding and equally serious things he has to go to the DarkSpace which can heals serious injuries like those but at a cost he can't use his powers for 2 days after he is healed. Darkness and shadows that he has poured his power into can occasionally act of their own will in defense of him during a fight or similar situations. He can will his eyes to be Black but it turns that color if he is seriously angry.

Gear: Most of his gear is stuff he makes using his powers, He has a pair of Ray Bans that he wears to cover his unique eyes. He also has a Cane that he found in his DarkSpace, which can channel and amplify his powers, the Cane can only amplify his powers during the day and only until he is about 3/4 as strong as he is during the night. The cane is about 3 ft. tall and black, so black it seems to draw light towards it. the head piece a sun partially corrode by darkness, signifying the Symbol of The Greek God Erebus, which was Darkness encroaching on the light.

The DarkSpace: a pocket dimension of darkness, when people or beings enter it they start to be corrupted rather quickly except for those with Darkness related powers they get corrupted at a much slower pace, The area he shows others (a 2500 sq. ft. room) is but small portion of the DarkSpace outside the room there are many varieties of terrain but no living creatures, however some plants can grow here. he has been able to map a portion of it.

Personality: normally a good person, slightly rebellious, but good. If he is influenced by extended use of his powers then he becomes very malicious. He Has slight trust issues as a result of being taken by the government. he Is a loner but strangely enough ,can fit into almost any group. He is also a very sarcastic individual, he is a pacifist who avoids confrontation but if it comes to a fight he relishes it.

Bio: Erebus was born to a family of greek and german ancestry, when he was 4 he started displaying his powers and was then shortly afterwards taken to a government facility where they experimented on him to try to replicate his powers to create assassins that could blend into and escape into the very shadows themselves. When he was 10(subject to change) an experiment was performed on him that went haywire and his powers went out of control and destroyed the majority of the facility he was in. he took this opportunity to escape and had been on the run until he was approached by some individuals when he was 15 who told him about the school and tried to grab him when he refused but, its not so easy to catch a shadow. He decided to give it a shot recently in the face of the ever present anti super faction.
EDIT: I fixed some mistakes and clarified some other things.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:57 am, edited 5 times in total.

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:00 pm

Shadowwell wrote:yay defense from someone who has a character with similar powers darkness for the win!!!!!!!

I mean, he thinks we're on the level of gods but it's note really that hard to... go on the super power wiki and find a power you like with picking something completely OP.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:13 pm

I know what he meant , but most superpowers were created to be op so theres not much we can do except for our best. and the best is to lessen what our characters can do with them, sanabel had to do that as well.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:31 pm

Name: Ethan Pierce
Age (most likely 14-16 range): 15
Appearance (image or detailed paragraph): Caucasian, around 6'1", short black hair that sticks straight up from the electricity. Has electric blue eyes (pun!) That get brighter when he has more charge. He is of a fairly lean build, with multiple large burn scars across his chest and back from when he lost control of his powers.

Positive looks similar, but his eyes are a blinding blue that can hurt to look at.

Negatives eyes also glow, but not nearly as much as Positive, and it can be difficult for others to notice.

Powers/Gear: NEUTRAL STATE:
Electrical Manipulation-Sending electrical pulses of adjustable strength. Can only be used in contact with a conductor or person. Strength can go high enough to knock an adult unconscious.

Magnetism-Electrical currents in the body gives Ethan manipulation of magnetic fields. Normally it is only strong enough to move fairly small objects (about the size of a shoe).

Temperature-Ability to produce heat and light from a small area of his body (such as hands). Can heat up enough to melt metal, but this is very tiring for Ethan.

Mental Enhancement-Extra electricity in the brain gives Ethan excellent skills in memory and calculating and planning very quickly. He also has very fast reaction times.

Electrical Immunity-Ethan does not feel pain from electric shocks, and they can even make him feel better if he is low on power (he carries 9V batteries with him at all times just for a quick jolt of he needs it.) He produces his own electricity, but can store outside power. While small shocks do not hurt, extreme build-up of power, or extreme power loss can be excruciating for Ethan, so he always tries to stay charged.

POSITIVE STATE:
Electrical Manipulation-same thing but much stronger. Pulses can be strong enough to shut off power in an entire building.

Speed-Electricity in muscles increases running speed.

Fast Reactions-can react to and dodge attacks very fast.

Electrical Immunity- see above

NEGATIVE STATE:
Ranged Electricity-can shoot electricity from a distance, 40 feet max. Slightly less strength than neutral states pulses.

Muscle Control-can control muscle movement and speech of a target. Precise control must be through physical contact, though targets can be controlled from at most ten feet away with less precision (clunky movements, stuttering speech

Speech Mimicking-Can fake the speech of somebody he's heard frequently.

Electrical Immunity-see above

Personality:Ethan is nervous and twitchy, partially from the massive amounts of electricity running through his veins, and partially because of crippling shyness he's had throughout his life. He stutters when nervous or flustered. He finds it difficult to get to know people, but is very polite, caring, and protective of his friends. He likes tinkering with circuit parts and building machines.
Due to the electricity running through his brain, Ethan sometimes switches between different personalities. Two of them, Positive and Negative, appear when large amounts of electricity enter his body in a short period of time. He does not know what determines which one takes control each time, it seems to be random.

Positive does not have much personality. His only goal is to get rid of the excess power, through whatever means necessary. Past memories have small influence, so he won't shock Ethans friends and may dump the electricity on enemies, but mostly tries to find exposed metal. These massive pulses are very inconvenient, since they can blow out power grids. Positive only stays in control for at least a few minutes and at most several hours before he runs out of charge.

Negative is different. He knows that losing excess power will mean he loses control, so he chooses to use power sparingly, relying on deceit than force. While not evil, Negative is clearly self-loathing, and will try to make Ethans friends hate him, as well as distance himself from others. There has been at least one case Ethan remembers where Negative tried to kill himself and thus kill all the personalities. Negative, if careful, can remain for weeks at a time before natural charge decay returns Ethan to normal.

There is at least one more personality. Not much is known about him, but he comes out when Ethan loses dangerous amounts of power very quickly, and is bad news when he does come out.
There could be more personalities that Ethan hasn't discovered.

When another personality takes control, Ethan remains conscious and can see what is happening, but has no control.

Bio:Ethan was born in Massachusetts, where he was bullied for much of his early school years due to his stutter. He knew he was different from other people, and knew he had electrical powers, but didn't test them much. One day in 7th grade, he was being harassed by bullies when he lost control of his powers. One boy was killed, another one badly burned.

Police couldn't explain the incident, but the students had a pretty good idea of what caused the death. Everyone, including his friends, stayed away from Ethan after that. Ethan became so nervous he lost even more control of his powers and another incident happened freshman year where a teacher burned her hand and was knocked unconscious by him on accident.

In this descent into loneliness, Ethan believes that was the time his alternate personalities were created. Eventually, there was one more incident where Ethan stumbled across a downed power line on his way to a school basketball game. He touched it and Positive took control, running into the gym and releasing the extra electricity. Five students were killed and dozens more injured. It was the next morning agents from the Academy kidnapped him from his room.
Last edited by WHYYYY on Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sorry moderators.

Arstotzkas
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzkas » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:32 pm

Alright, here we go.

Name: Oliver Lockhart
Age (most likely 14-16 range):: 15
Appearance (image or detailed paragraph): http://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/8/8b/Ignis_FFXIII-V.png/revision/latest/thumbnail-down/width/340/height/340?cb=20110128073303
Powers/Gear: : Extreme intelligence that allows him to see all possible paths that the future holds. However, most of the time he cannot understand them. Also, his glasses let him scan his surroundings and cross-link it to other information.
Personality:: Oliver is a quiet, smart person who feels saddened due to his ability to see into the future. In battle, he remains cool and quick as well as lending some sarcasm every once in a while.
Bio:: When Oliver was born, his parents died. Sent to live with his Grandfather, he quickly learned of his abilities one day when he saved a cat from getting run over. However, he couldn't save his grandfather from dying of old age. Sensing that there was only one possible good future, he ran away just before he would have been sent to an orphanage. By deducting information and overhearing things, he learned of the Academy. Oliver, although he wasn't invited managed to sneak his way into getting there. Hopefully he would be able to influence something before his path went the darkest way. Oliver does not plan on making friends and has only one mission, stopping the cataclysm that he foresee up ahead.
behold, a signature.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:33 pm

If all the chars are op, no one is op!
Yeah I can manipulate neurons, but I can't teleport, use my hands as drills, freeze time, or manipulate darkness, hell I dont even have a pocket dimension. My point; we all are op, need to be op, to keep things balanced. So its ok.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:34 pm

Arstotzkas wrote:Alright, here we go.

Appearance (image or detailed paragraph): http://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/8/8b/Ignis_FFXIII-V.png/revision/latest/thumbnail-down/width/340/height/340?cb=20110128073303
Powers/Gear: : Extreme intelligence that allows him to see all possible paths that the future holds. However, most of the time he cannot understand them. Also, his glasses let him scan his surroundings and cross-link it to other information.
Personality:: Oliver is a quiet, smart person who feels saddened due to his ability to see into the future. In battle, he remains cool and quick as well as lending some sarcasm every once in a while.
Bio:: When Oliver was born, his parents died. Sent to live with his Grandfather, he quickly learned of his abilities one day when he saved a cat from getting run over. However, he couldn't save his grandfather from dying of old age. Sensing that there was only one possible good future, he ran away just before he would have been sent to an orphanage. By deducting information and overhearing things, he learned of the Academy. Oliver, although he wasn't invited managed to sneak his way into getting there. Hopefully he would be able to influence something before his path went the darkest way. Oliver does not plan on making friends and has only one mission, stopping the cataclysm that he foresee up ahead.

Care to elaborate on these glasses? Are they basically Google glass?
Sorry moderators.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:36 pm

WHYYYY in case you didn't see I reposted the app for you to check.

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:40 pm

Shadowwell wrote:WHYYYY in case you didn't see I reposted the app for you to check.

I saw it, and its good.
Sorry moderators.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:42 pm

ok just checking and thank you.

Arstotzkas
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzkas » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:43 pm

WHYYYY wrote:
Arstotzkas wrote:Alright, here we go.

Yes, except better.
behold, a signature.

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Arstotzkas wrote:
WHYYYY wrote:

Yes, except better.

...better how?
Sorry moderators.

Arstotzkas
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzkas » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:49 pm

WHYYYY wrote:
Arstotzkas wrote:
Yes, except better.

...better how?

Pretty much like this

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Scan_Visor
behold, a signature.

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:51 pm

Arstotzkas wrote:
WHYYYY wrote:
...better how?

Pretty much like this

Does it find these things via internet?
Sorry moderators.

Arstotzkas
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzkas » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:53 pm

WHYYYY wrote:
Arstotzkas wrote:

Pretty much like this

First, it has a massive database. Second, it cross-references to make sure it is correct. Third, if it finds something not in database, it searches the web and adds it.
behold, a signature.

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:56 pm

Arstotzkas wrote:
WHYYYY wrote:

First, it has a massive database. Second, it cross-references to make sure it is correct. Third, if it finds something not in database, it searches the web and adds it.

Alright, thats probably impossible but screw it. Accepted. Have fun with the pokedex glasses.
Sorry moderators.

Arstotzkas
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzkas » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:58 pm

WHYYYY wrote:
Arstotzkas wrote:

Alright, thats probably impossible but screw it. Accepted. Have fun with the pokedex glasses.

It is actually. Watson, the computer.
behold, a signature.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:01 pm

not to seem like im trying to rush you but when do you think an IC will be set up.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fiery Armageddon
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fiery Armageddon » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:01 pm

Been waiting for a new Superhero RP :D
Name: John Alfric
Appearance (image or detailed paragraph): John stands at 6'1 and has Brown hair as well as grey eyes. John normally wears a Dark blue hoodie and jeans. John has a rather slim build and pale, white skin.
Powers/Gear:
Telekinesis -What is most likely John's most mastered power (As of yet.) is his ability to manipulate objects: Telekinesis. John has been known to do surprising feats with ease, weather it be lifting a large group of smaller rocks to being able to lift objects the size of a car with some stress.
Electrokinesis-While treated as more of an "experimental" power right now, John has the ability to manipulate electricity, however he is quite a bit less experienced with this power, however he is still able to manipulate it quite nicely. He can maintain a current of electricity into a target for some time, however he hasn't mastered the ability fully.
Telepathy John has the ability to use minor telepathy, only being able to communicate with others through the mind.
[Healing Ability John's body has the ability to naturally heal itself far more quickly than a normal human being, able to regenerate lost skin, tissue, and organs, and depending on the heal, could last seconds, minutes, hours, or even days.
Personality: Normally, John is quite friendly to his friend and allies, however, in combat, if pushed too far, he may go a bit "overboard" with his powers. He is still able to communicate with his enemy, it's only if they push him way over the edge.
Bio: John wasn't the subject of a sick science experiment or accident, nor is he an alien of any kind. John was just blessed, or cursed if you believe that, with a special set of genes that allowed him to access the incredible powers that he had. However, not all believed so. When he finally revealed his powers to his parents, they rejected him, thinking him to be some sort of freak. He was cast out of his own home. Out of his education. Out of his normal life. John was forced to make shelter where he could, trying to survive on his own, and getting tiny jobs to help pay for food, all while using extreme secrecy of his powers, for he knew of the hatred humanity had towards his kind. However, in light of this, John tried to remain positive, and he knew that holding a grudge on humanity could leave his life as a negative stain on the world. He knew what he could hold off on, and he lived humbly, trying to give back what he had been given. Soon, as he was on his way back to his makeshift home, he was ambushed, mugged. As the gunman demanded what he wanted, John was forced to do what he never thought he would need to. He forced the man back, telekinetically pushing him away, throwing him into a wall. The man moaned in pain. John then used his one power he was always unsure of: Electrokinesis. He electrocuted the man, however only briefly, as he knew what the loud noise would create. He ran, as fast as he could.

The man was shown on the news, still alive, having reports of "Strange injuries" despite there being no struggle, and the man had completely forgotten, according to the news.

However, the Academy already knew what had happened, and John had been taken from his makeshift home within the next few days following the incident.
Last edited by Fiery Armageddon on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
You're average kind fellow, who secretly runs an oppressive dictatorship on a brilliant website. Love it.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:02 pm

Name: Samantha Valori (Nicknames include: Sam, Sammy, Sammich, etc. :3)
Appearance (image or detailed paragraph):
Samantha stands at 5'7", and has a thinner-than-average body frame.

Powers/Gear:
Shapeshifting- Samantha has the ability to change her form into any animal on Earth. This, however, can be extremely painful, and can take a lot of energy. When in a form long enough, it may cause temporary amnesia, dizziness, and even loss of emotional stability. She cannot change into any fictional animal, and is still learning the skill of changing her appearance.
Telekinesis- Samantha can lift objects with her mind. These objects, however, have to be lighter than the average human, and the power requires immense concentration. If she tries to lift anything heavier than her limit, she will get migraines, and if she continues to try, it may lead to brain damage, and then to death.
Telepathy- Samantha can communicate with others with her thoughts. To do so, she must be able to see the person she is communicating with, and cannot have any mental disturbances during the process.
Personality: Samantha is a kind, friendly person, and is always willing to help those in need. She also has more of a tough, tomboy-like personality, never afraid to get dirty or wet. She's brave, and she's extremely defensive over her friends. In that sense, if her friends are insulted by another, she isn't afraid to break a few noses.
Bio: Samantha was born on May 3rd to two ecstatically happy parents. From a young age, Samantha knew of her powers. In her room as a child, she would grow small bird wings, fly a small distance, and land. She would also grow a long tail and big ears and play pretend with her dolls. As she got older, Samantha began to grow more mischievous and rebellious, talking to boys telepathically to convince them they were insane for hearing voices. She would throw aluminum cans at some of the boys in her school, leaving them confused on who threw the can in the first place. No one knew she was at the center of these tricks and pranks, and no one suspected. To students, she didn't seem the type to do pranks or the like. To her close friends, however, they knew better than most. None knew of her powers though, not even her parents. On
one specifically rainy evening, though, two boys had cornered her into an alleyway. They'd wanted her to do some...unsavory...things, and when she refused, they wanted to do so forcefully. In fear, Samantha grew her hands into large, birdlike claws, and sliced them. She'd never meant to, of course, but it killed them. Both, sliced across their faces. She ran with her hands the way they were through the streets, through tons of people, her clothes bloodied. That's when the Academy came for her. She was sent on a boat to the island, and that's where she is now.
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse