NATION

PASSWORD

The Birth of Aegis [Superhero] (IC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:52 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:"very well, Lets go." Shade then opened up a portal and said" Your chariot awaits, my lady." He also thought back "Nice Dresden reference by the way." out loud he said " just step through, it may be a little disorienting."

"You probably have no idea how happy I am to find someone who got one." Alice grinned broadly, then stepped through.

It was disorientating alright, enough that she was left dizzy and slightly nauseous. She fell out of the other side and probably would have given herself another concussion if Laurel hadn't stepped up to catch her, helping her to one of the bench seats in a booth at the bar before asking, "I know I'm not always up to play with local fashion, but isn't that a hospital gown you are wearing."

"It's the traditional uniform for those who have had a recent near run in with the reaper. You know I had this funny dream, I'm pretty sure I saw him there. Shade? Where is Shade? Can we talk about my amnesia now?"

After Shade let Alice go through he closed the portal, Then ShadowTraveled to the bar. He appeared in time to here Alice ask about her Amnesia. " Well, as I said, it will depend upon how your mind and powers react to my presence up there." gesturing to her head, he then continued " the only reason I was able to be up there before was because you were pretty much dying at the time."
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:58 pm

Hussar
I gazed at the small assortment of friends, out of view from all. I felt sad for them, that they will be forced to carry the weight that will be cast upon them in due time, but it is unavoidable. My gaze lingered on the girl in the hospital gown, I 'spoke to her a final time, 'I tried child, I tried to make you desensitized to it, but you wouldn't listen. I just hope you are prepared for when the time comes.' with that I left the realm of Earth. That meeting would be the last time Hussar and Alice would meet under friendly circumstances.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:24 am

Anowa wrote:Hussar
I gazed at the small assortment of friends, out of view from all. I felt sad for them, that they will be forced to carry the weight that will be cast upon them in due time, but it is unavoidable. My gaze lingered on the girl in the hospital gown, I 'spoke to her a final time, 'I tried child, I tried to make you desensitized to it, but you wouldn't listen. I just hope you are prepared for when the time comes.' with that I left the realm of Earth. That meeting would be the last time Hussar and Alice would meet under friendly circumstances.

I always listen. I just don't always agree. You can rely on me to do the right thing. The cost is immaterial.

In fact Alice didn't really know what Harvey was on about, but the statement was true for all that. She didn't want to be desensitised. Pain kept her human.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:00 pm

Shadowwell wrote:After Shade let Alice go through he closed the portal, Then ShadowTraveled to the bar. He appeared in time to here Alice ask about her Amnesia. " Well, as I said, it will depend upon how your mind and powers react to my presence up there." gesturing to her head, he then continued " the only reason I was able to be up there before was because you were pretty much dying at the time."

"So if I was dying you might be able to help out?" Alice laughed, "Well as tempting as it is to shoot myself, I might pass on that one for now."

"I have a feeling I might be fairly receptive to all manner of mind meddling stuff. Some of this could be my own imagination, but I am fairly certain you were the fourth person to get inside my head since getting blasted down that lift shaft." she pursed her lips, "I'm not expecting miracles, but if there is anything you could try I would be eternally grateful."

"Harvey said that he thinks I am deliberately blocking my memories, so I'm guessing there is something pretty nasty back there." She didn't explain who Harvey was though... hopefully not a giant rabbit.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:13 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:After Shade let Alice go through he closed the portal, Then ShadowTraveled to the bar. He appeared in time to here Alice ask about her Amnesia. " Well, as I said, it will depend upon how your mind and powers react to my presence up there." gesturing to her head, he then continued " the only reason I was able to be up there before was because you were pretty much dying at the time."

"So if I was dying you might be able to help out?" Alice laughed, "Well as tempting as it is to shoot myself, I might pass on that one for now."

"I have a feeling I might be fairly receptive to all manner of mind meddling stuff. Some of this could be my own imagination, but I am fairly certain you were the fourth person to get inside my head since getting blasted down that lift shaft." she pursed her lips, "I'm not expecting miracles, but if there is anything you could try I would be eternally grateful."

"Harvey said that he thinks I am deliberately blocking my memories, so I'm guessing there is something pretty nasty back there." She didn't explain who Harvey was though... hopefully not a giant rabbit.

Shade responded Dryly " Im not sure if the spirit of an Angel, A Greek Goddess, and the Inheritor of a voodoo god exactly count as people. Well atleast you have Harvey and not Frank from Donnie Darko. I will see what I can do regarding your amnesia, I cant make any promises though. Do you want to do it here or somewhere else?"

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:48 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

Shade responded Dryly " Im not sure if the spirit of an Angel, A Greek Goddess, and the Inheritor of a voodoo god exactly count as people. Well atleast you have Harvey and not Frank from Donnie Darko. I will see what I can do regarding your amnesia, I cant make any promises though. Do you want to do it here or somewhere else?"

"Maybe somewhere more private? We can light some candles, put on some Barry White." she grinned, presumably that last bit was a joke...

"If it will make concentration easier, we could go back to my hotel room? It is not far from here. I warn you though, I will need to use you as a crutch and people will probably think I've just escaped from a psych ward."

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:13 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Shade responded Dryly " Im not sure if the spirit of an Angel, A Greek Goddess, and the Inheritor of a voodoo god exactly count as people. Well atleast you have Harvey and not Frank from Donnie Darko. I will see what I can do regarding your amnesia, I cant make any promises though. Do you want to do it here or somewhere else?"

"Maybe somewhere more private? We can light some candles, put on some Barry White." she grinned, presumably that last bit was a joke...

"If it will make concentration easier, we could go back to my hotel room? It is not far from here. I warn you though, I will need to use you as a crutch and people will probably think I've just escaped from a psych ward."

Shade chuckled at the innuendo and said "ok well sit down ssomwhere then, Well im not sure whether to take you up on that which sounds like an offer or do body shots with Laurel. Anyways, this may be a little disorienting, so please bear with it." He then cloaked himself in shadow and did the same to Alice and entered her mind.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:38 am

Shadowwell wrote:Shade chuckled at the innuendo and said "ok well sit down ssomwhere then, Well im not sure whether to take you up on that which sounds like an offer or do body shots with Laurel. Anyways, this may be a little disorienting, so please bear with it." He then cloaked himself in shadow and did the same to Alice and entered her mind.

"I don't think Laurel is the kind who gets jealous." Alice said with a smirk. She dragged herself up into a sitting position in the booth then nodded, "Lets see what happens."

Alice's mind was... probably as unique as any mind, though most were probably not as full of vividly detailed mental constructs. Shade appeared in a patch of woodland. The trees looked old anfd gnarly twisting into and around each othee in bizarre and often geonetrically impossible angles. Despite this the light seemed to have no trouble getting through, "Stop!" Came a voice from above - Alice, it turned out, dressed in rather fetching black leather, like some kind of medieval biker. She wad sprawled languidly on a thick branch, "Who would cross the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see."

It probably would have worked better if there was an actual bridge...
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:05 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Shade chuckled at the innuendo and said "ok well sit down ssomwhere then, Well im not sure whether to take you up on that which sounds like an offer or do body shots with Laurel. Anyways, this may be a little disorienting, so please bear with it." He then cloaked himself in shadow and did the same to Alice and entered her mind.

"I don't think Laurel is the kind who gets jealous." Alice said with a smirk. She dragged herself up into a sitting position in the booth then nodded, "Lets see what happens."

Alice's mind was... probably as unique as any mind, though most were probably not as full of vividly detailed mental constructs. Shade appeared in a patch of woodland. The trees looked old anfd gnarly twisting into and around each othee in bizarre and often geonetrically impossible angles. Despite this the light seemed to have no trouble getting through, "Stop!" Came a voice from above - Alice, it turned out, dressed in rather fetching black leather, like some kind of medieval biker. She wad sprawled languidly on a thick branch, "Who would cross the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see."

It probably would have worked better if there was an actual bridge...

After Shade arrived and the Biker Alice said that he chuckled and yelled through Alice's mind " Even your subconscious is obsessed with references, Can't one of you give it a rest at least?" He then faced toward Alice and said"Very well what be the three questions? and why does your statement assume I am a guy?"

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:26 pm

Shadowwell wrote:After Shade arrived and the Biker Alice said that he chuckled and yelled through Alice's mind " Even your subconscious is obsessed with references, Can't one of you give it a rest at least?" He then faced toward Alice and said"Very well what be the three questions? and why does your statement assume I am a guy?"

"Of course I am, I am her and she is me." the leather clad Alice dropped down from the branch, landing with unnatural grace considering the height, "But she won't hear you right now. I'm afraid she is out of the picture."

"The questions are, 'what is your name?', 'what is your quest?' and 'what is the air speed velocity of a fully laden swallow?' But you already know that, and I already know what your quest is which is really the only question that matters." she snapped her fingers and the scene changed.

They were suddenly in a bunker c.1918. Alice was now dressed as a French officer in a blue uniform with a kepi. Shade, if he did look at himself was now a Doughboy. Shellfire overhead brought down trails of dirt and sent the whole structure rocking. Alice spread a map out on a camp table, weigh "We are here." she produced a baton, slapping it down, "We are here. Friendly forces are here." she slapped the baton down at a point opposite, before dragging it through the middle of the field, "This, this is the bad part."

"If you want her to be whole, you need to drag me through it, even though I don't want to see the things in there. There is madness in there..." she paused for dramatic effect, then pointed the baton at a corner of the room, "And by me I, of course, mean her."

There was another Alice in the corner of the room, this one dressed like a civilian with a a long skirt and shawl wrapped tightly around herself. While the first subconscious Alice seemed cool and unflappable, this one looked positively terrified.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:11 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:After Shade arrived and the Biker Alice said that he chuckled and yelled through Alice's mind " Even your subconscious is obsessed with references, Can't one of you give it a rest at least?" He then faced toward Alice and said"Very well what be the three questions? and why does your statement assume I am a guy?"

"Of course I am, I am her and she is me." the leather clad Alice dropped down from the branch, landing with unnatural grace considering the height, "But she won't hear you right now. I'm afraid she is out of the picture."

"The questions are, 'what is your name?', 'what is your quest?' and 'what is the air speed velocity of a fully laden swallow?' But you already know that, and I already know what your quest is which is really the only question that matters." she snapped her fingers and the scene changed.

They were suddenly in a bunker c.1918. Alice was now dressed as a French officer in a blue uniform with a kepi. Shade, if he did look at himself was now a Doughboy. Shellfire overhead brought down trails of dirt and sent the whole structure rocking. Alice spread a map out on a camp table, weigh "We are here." she produced a baton, slapping it down, "We are here. Friendly forces are here." she slapped the baton down at a point opposite, before dragging it through the middle of the field, "This, this is the bad part."

"If you want her to be whole, you need to drag me through it, even though I don't want to see the things in there. There is madness in there..." she paused for dramatic effect, then pointed the baton at a corner of the room, "And by me I, of course, mean her."

There was another Alice in the corner of the room, this one dressed like a civilian with a a long skirt and shawl wrapped tightly around herself. While the first subconscious Alice seemed cool and unflappable, this one looked positively terrified.

"ok so I am supposed to drag a manifestiont of your collective subconscious, through your subconscious in order to unlock what is hidden in your subconscious? god this is almost as confusing as that time I entered someone's mind in Tijuana let me tell you it was like watching the teletubbies meet donni darko, with some candyland and clue thrown in anyways, is my first idea about right?" Shade waited for the pseudo Alice to respond.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:51 pm

Shadowwell wrote:"ok so I am supposed to drag a manifestiont of your collective subconscious, through your subconscious in order to unlock what is hidden in your subconscious? god this is almost as confusing as that time I entered someone's mind in Tijuana let me tell you it was like watching the teletubbies meet donni darko, with some candyland and clue thrown in anyways, is my first idea about right?" Shade waited for the pseudo Alice to respond.

"Oui!" French Officer Alice clicked her heels together and saluted, "Think of me as the potential Alice - the one who is whole. The one you must lead is the the Block."

"This map" she waved the baton at it, "Is time reflected in space. As you travel the path you will be going backwards through time... but there is only one part she." she pointed at the other Alice who frowned sullenly, "Is unwilling to face. It is a week of her life that happened five years ago."

"I can't make her face it. We are exactly evenly matched in strength. You can, but I warn you, you will see and it is not a happy time in our life."

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:59 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:"ok so I am supposed to drag a manifestiont of your collective subconscious, through your subconscious in order to unlock what is hidden in your subconscious? god this is almost as confusing as that time I entered someone's mind in Tijuana let me tell you it was like watching the teletubbies meet donni darko, with some candyland and clue thrown in anyways, is my first idea about right?" Shade waited for the pseudo Alice to respond.

"Oui!" French Officer Alice clicked her heels together and saluted, "Think of me as the potential Alice - the one who is whole. The one you must lead is the the Block."

"This map" she waved the baton at it, "Is time reflected in space. As you travel the path you will be going backwards through time... but there is only one part she." she pointed at the other Alice who frowned sullenly, "Is unwilling to face. It is a week of her life that happened five years ago."

"I can't make her face it. We are exactly evenly matched in strength. You can, but I warn you, you will see and it is not a happy time in our life."

Shade responded saying "Eh we all have things we aren't proud of Alice" he then turned to the Alice in the corner and said " so will you come with me willingly or will I have to force you along within your own mind no less?"

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:22 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

Shade responded saying "Eh we all have things we aren't proud of Alice" he then turned to the Alice in the corner and said " so will you come with me willingly or will I have to force you along within your own mind no less?"

"I will come willingly... to begin with. You will understand soon enough." the civilian Alice said, her head held high.

"Good luck soldier!" the other Alice said, flicking a salute, "And try not to get eaten... oh, and please don't let her get eaten either. The Alice you know might not recover."

The route for them to take led through trenches filled with Alices in Adrian Helmets and French uniforms, up, over the top and into an ominous dark cloud that shrouded everything about them. As they cleared the top of the trench there was the ominous chatter of machine-gun fire accompanied by tracers marking the path of fire which came close to hitting Shade, without actually touching him.

Then they hit the cloud, or more accurately, wall of black fog. They stumbled along blind for a few moments before, abruptly, a light appeared to their side, bearing down on them like a runaway train. There was no time to avoid it, no chance to escape it. It bore down on them like a force of nature, striking Shade and the reluctant Alice a second later...

Alice was... naked. Though there was nothing even remotely erotic about the picture. Every inch of her body was covered in cuts and bruises. Rough hands were drawing her to her feet, forcing her into a grey uniform. She barely resisted as she was dressed, her eyes blank and unfocused. Someone stepped in front of her, his face and body veiled in shadow, "Agent Kosa, I would like to say it has been a pleasure." without any warning the voice drew a pistol and smashed it into her jaw, slamming her head to one side, breaking her jaw bone and knocking out a couple of teeth. Then someone else smashed her across the back of the head and everything went dark.

The world ,slowly came back along with a throbbing pain in her head and a blazing pain in her jaw. She gave a choking whimper, though the hands that were dragging her down a back alley, two sets of hands, one under each elbow, did not seem to care. They shoved her into a chair, forced her into a sitting position, then the man from earlier spoke again, "What you are staring down the barrel of is a 'Disintegrator Mark 1. No fuss, nothing left behind... which is not to say it won't hurt."

There was a green light and it did hurt, hurt like every molecule in her body was tearing itself in half...

Abruptly the vision ceased, "It isn't that I'm not proud of what I'm done." the subconscious Alice replied, "Its that I don't want to remember what was done to me. Can we go back now please?"

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:46 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Shade responded saying "Eh we all have things we aren't proud of Alice" he then turned to the Alice in the corner and said " so will you come with me willingly or will I have to force you along within your own mind no less?"

"I will come willingly... to begin with. You will understand soon enough." the civilian Alice said, her head held high.

"Good luck soldier!" the other Alice said, flicking a salute, "And try not to get eaten... oh, and please don't let her get eaten either. The Alice you know might not recover."

The route for them to take led through trenches filled with Alices in Adrian Helmets and French uniforms, up, over the top and into an ominous dark cloud that shrouded everything about them. As they cleared the top of the trench there was the ominous chatter of machine-gun fire accompanied by tracers marking the path of fire which came close to hitting Shade, without actually touching him.

Then they hit the cloud, or more accurately, wall of black fog. They stumbled along blind for a few moments before, abruptly, a light appeared to their side, bearing down on them like a runaway train. There was no time to avoid it, no chance to escape it. It bore down on them like a force of nature, striking Shade and the reluctant Alice a second later...

Alice was... naked. Though there was nothing even remotely erotic about the picture. Every inch of her body was covered in cuts and bruises. Rough hands were drawing her to her feet, forcing her into a grey uniform. She barely resisted as she was dressed, her eyes blank and unfocused. Someone stepped in front of her, his face and body veiled in shadow, "Agent Kosa, I would like to say it has been a pleasure." without any warning the voice drew a pistol and smashed it into her jaw, slamming her head to one side, breaking her jaw bone and knocking out a couple of teeth. Then someone else smashed her across the back of the head and everything went dark.

The world ,slowly came back along with a throbbing pain in her head and a blazing pain in her jaw. She gave a choking whimper, though the hands that were dragging her down a back alley, two sets of hands, one under each elbow, did not seem to care. They shoved her into a chair, forced her into a sitting position, then the man from earlier spoke again, "What you are staring down the barrel of is a 'Disintegrator Mark 1. No fuss, nothing left behind... which is not to say it won't hurt."

There was a green light and it did hurt, hurt like every molecule in her body was tearing itself in half...

Abruptly the vision ceased, "It isn't that I'm not proud of what I'm done." the subconscious Alice replied, "Its that I don't want to remember what was done to me. Can we go back now please?"

Shade shrugged and replied " We all have things we would rather forget, unfortunately the active you wants to remember to we shall have to go forward." he then covered the civilian Alice in shadow and Dark clothes appeared on her and started to make her walk forward. "Here I have power much like you do, I would rather we do this with you wanting it to happen, but it needs to be done regardless."

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:46 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Shade shrugged and replied " We all have things we would rather forget, unfortunately the active you wants to remember to we shall have to go forward." he then covered the civilian Alice in shadow and Dark clothes appeared on her and started to make her walk forward. "Here I have power much like you do, I would rather we do this with you wanting it to happen, but it needs to be done regardless."

The Alice construct planted her feet in the mud, folding her arms belligerently. Thick blag fog curled around her like it was alive, "She only says that because she doesn't know what is in here. There is every chance she will not be sane at the far end. Some things are better not known."

It was clear she wasn't, willingly, taking another step forward.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:42 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Shade shrugged and replied " We all have things we would rather forget, unfortunately the active you wants to remember to we shall have to go forward." he then covered the civilian Alice in shadow and Dark clothes appeared on her and started to make her walk forward. "Here I have power much like you do, I would rather we do this with you wanting it to happen, but it needs to be done regardless."

The Alice construct planted her feet in the mud, folding her arms belligerently. Thick blag fog curled around her like it was alive, "She only says that because she doesn't know what is in here. There is every chance she will not be sane at the far end. Some things are better not known."

It was clear she wasn't, willingly, taking another step forward.

Shade said " you think I want to do this, if I do the wrong thing her I could render you braindead, see I am not just here through my power I am here physically in a sense using the shadow as a conduit, anything I do here using my powers will have serious consequences, so unfortunately you will have to come with me." he then used his power on the Shadow clothes and lifted Alice up and started moving her that way.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:32 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Shade said " you think I want to do this, if I do the wrong thing her I could render you braindead, see I am not just here through my power I am here physically in a sense using the shadow as a conduit, anything I do here using my powers will have serious consequences, so unfortunately you will have to come with me." he then used his power on the Shadow clothes and lifted Alice up and started moving her that way.

"Then do nothing!" the Alice construct hissed, flailing uselessly in his grip. The bubbles of insight began to descend on them then, one by one, piecing together the story of the patchwork of injuries that been revealed in the first bubble. There were burns, from a car battery, further cigarette burns, water boarding and beatings. They had started out looking for information, but apparently stubbornness had always been one of Alice's traits, though in time the attacks had been out of sheer malice and amusement. Though one other thing became clear as they moved through the memories. Alice had believed she deserved what had happened to her...

Finally they returned to the start, to a memory of Alice crossing a dark carpark, fumbling for keys in her handbag when a gloved hand had clamped itself over her mouth, seemingly from nowhere as a blade was jammed against her neck, close enough to draw a trickle of blood. The, by now, familiar voice of the man who would later be her (attempted) executioner her hissed in her ear, "Officer Kosa. It is time for you to face justice."

Alice had been a cop. As if on queue the fog around them suddenly drew back a few yards, spinning and forming into the shadowy forms of soldiers... Russian Revolution era Bolsheviks made of pure darkness. They held no weapons, though it was probably safe to assume they didn't need them to do harm. Then they charged.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:11 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Shade said " you think I want to do this, if I do the wrong thing her I could render you braindead, see I am not just here through my power I am here physically in a sense using the shadow as a conduit, anything I do here using my powers will have serious consequences, so unfortunately you will have to come with me." he then used his power on the Shadow clothes and lifted Alice up and started moving her that way.

"Then do nothing!" the Alice construct hissed, flailing uselessly in his grip. The bubbles of insight began to descend on them then, one by one, piecing together the story of the patchwork of injuries that been revealed in the first bubble. There were burns, from a car battery, further cigarette burns, water boarding and beatings. They had started out looking for information, but apparently stubbornness had always been one of Alice's traits, though in time the attacks had been out of sheer malice and amusement. Though one other thing became clear as they moved through the memories. Alice had believed she deserved what had happened to her...

Finally they returned to the start, to a memory of Alice crossing a dark carpark, fumbling for keys in her handbag when a gloved hand had clamped itself over her mouth, seemingly from nowhere as a blade was jammed against her neck, close enough to draw a trickle of blood. The, by now, familiar voice of the man who would later be her (attempted) executioner her hissed in her ear, "Officer Kosa. It is time for you to face justice."

Alice had been a cop. As if on queue the fog around them suddenly drew back a few yards, spinning and forming into the shadowy forms of soldiers... Russian Revolution era Bolsheviks made of pure darkness. They held no weapons, though it was probably safe to assume they didn't need them to do harm. Then they charged.

Seeing that the figures were made of darkness and shadow Shade waved his hand experimentally and a few flew away under his influence. He turned to the Alice close to him and said "You are no longer alone, there are plenty of us who have had bad things done to us, you can share your burden." after saying this he went back to fighting against the Bolshevik figures.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:49 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Seeing that the figures were made of darkness and shadow Shade waved his hand experimentally and a few flew away under his influence. He turned to the Alice close to him and said "You are no longer alone, there are plenty of us who have had bad things done to us, you can share your burden." after saying this he went back to fighting against the Bolshevik figures.

Alice shook her head, slumping down onto the ground as if unaware of the presence of the Bolshevik constructs, "You don't understand. I deserved it."

"How am I supposed to make anyone believe in a better world when I was part of what made mine evil?" she asked, "Why am I the one with these gifts? I don't deserve them."

The constructs ignored Shade bearing down on Alice with menacing intent, and the more distressed she sounded, the harder they pressed. This was probably some kind of metaphor for a nervous breakdown...

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:52 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Seeing that the figures were made of darkness and shadow Shade waved his hand experimentally and a few flew away under his influence. He turned to the Alice close to him and said "You are no longer alone, there are plenty of us who have had bad things done to us, you can share your burden." after saying this he went back to fighting against the Bolshevik figures.

Alice shook her head, slumping down onto the ground as if unaware of the presence of the Bolshevik constructs, "You don't understand. I deserved it."

"How am I supposed to make anyone believe in a better world when I was part of what made mine evil?" she asked, "Why am I the one with these gifts? I don't deserve them."

The constructs ignored Shade bearing down on Alice with menacing intent, and the more distressed she sounded, the harder they pressed. This was probably some kind of metaphor for a nervous breakdown...

Shade exerted his full power and lifted the figures up and blew them out of site. he then said "Who says the gifts were meant for you alone, they could be meant to be shared, It doesn't matter if you deserved it. Obviously that means you would just have to try to not do that again. Evil is a perspective and a point of view no more no less Alice."
Last edited by Shadowwell on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:26 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Shade exerted his full power and lifted the figures up and blew them out of site. he then said "Who says the gifts were meant for you alone, they could be meant to be shared, It doesn't matter if you deserved it. Obviously that means you would just have to try to not do that again. Evil is a perspective and a point of view no more no less Alice."

"No it isn't." she replied angrily, there creatures came harder and faster, pressing from all sides, "Good is what gives people happy, safe, contented lives where they do what they like so long as it does no harm to others. Evil is the other. Evil breeds fear and hatred and turns neighbor against neighbor. Men, women, children died because of me. I did it because it was my job and I thought I was doing the right thing, because fear breeds obedience which gives us security. Just because I thought it was right doesn't make it so."

"Every action must be judged by its merits alone, removed from the surrounding circumstances." she declared, "Is it okay to kill a child? The answer is the same no matter who the parents are, no matter who the child grows up to be and no matter what the death might achieve. None of these matter."

The creatures were pressing harder and harder, though, bizarrely as Alice argued she seemed to become... bigger. She was definitely taller and starting to glow ever-so-slightly.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse