NATION

PASSWORD

The Birth of Aegis [Superhero] (IC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Talion Union
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:41 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Talion Union wrote:"He should be done talking to your friends soon."

Ferguson came in five minutes later. "So, you're the one I've heard so much about. You've got quite a bit of reputation around here, Ms. Kosa. We've kept a close eye on you. I have received orders from my superiors to commend you on your assistance of Cerberus Operators in the field, which I will gladly do." He saluted Alice, and the doctor and guards followed his example. "At ease. I am also to present you with this." It was a medal, a shining Silver Star. "The Silver Star is for your bravery in the field, Ms. Kosa. Wear it with pride."

Alice looked baffled as she was commended and given a medal. It was... not at all what she had expected. In fact, this wasn't a scenario in her wildest flights of fancy, "I..." it would be an internal Cerberus medal, not the 'Silver Star' of the US Government, but even so, someone had noticed her actions and thought it was worth acknowledging. It felt good, and she smiled, "Thank you." she said simply, "Though I was only doing what was right."

"I will wear it." she added, "But not out of pride, to remind myself that I need to continue to do the right thing. Always."

She paused, Cerberus, okay that made sense. She had never heard of them before, but she had gone some way to assist their operative, "Can you tell me what happened to the nanites?" she asked, "I am worried about the man in that life support pod. He wasn't looking too well."

Shade... I think I'm okay. You're in my head... do you think your powers could extend to helping me clear the blocks hiding my memories away?

"The Nanite Swarm will be well taken care of, as will its host, especially now that it is no longer in the hands of ADS." He paused. "Now that I bring it up, what can you tell us about your mission with Apex? What did Verso offer you?"
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:45 pm

Talion Union wrote:"The Nanite Swarm will be well taken care of, as will its host, especially now that it is no longer in the hands of ADS." He paused. "Now that I bring it up, what can you tell us about your mission with Apex? What did Verso offer you?"

"Just money... unless I was not paying attention." Alice smiled apologetically. She looked relieved though, that there was a promise the nanite swarm would be cared for, "He, basically just asked me to retrieve it. Did not give any details about the guy in the box or how angry the swarm was. I was suspicious though, I asked for too much money and to hire a team of Meta-humans and he said yes without too much hesitation. I knew it wouldn't be a simple parcel collection like he was making out."

She paused, "I planned for an angry swarm, I planned for an attack on our position outside the bunker, but wow did I underestimate how big that attack would be. I never expected that damned robot from the battle of DC... and I had hoped my surface team would handle diplomacy a bit better. Admittedly I was not on the surface so I can't really criticize, but things escalated too quickly."

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:58 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Talion Union wrote:"He should be done talking to your friends soon."

Ferguson came in five minutes later. "So, you're the one I've heard so much about. You've got quite a bit of reputation around here, Ms. Kosa. We've kept a close eye on you. I have received orders from my superiors to commend you on your assistance of Cerberus Operators in the field, which I will gladly do." He saluted Alice, and the doctor and guards followed his example. "At ease. I am also to present you with this." It was a medal, a shining Silver Star. "The Silver Star is for your bravery in the field, Ms. Kosa. Wear it with pride."

Alice looked baffled as she was commended and given a medal. It was... not at all what she had expected. In fact, this wasn't a scenario in her wildest flights of fancy, "I..." it would be an internal Cerberus medal, not the 'Silver Star' of the US Government, but even so, someone had noticed her actions and thought it was worth acknowledging. It felt good, and she smiled, "Thank you." she said simply, "Though I was only doing what was right."

"I will wear it." she added, "But not out of pride, to remind myself that I need to continue to do the right thing. Always."

She paused, Cerberus, okay that made sense. She had never heard of them before, but she had gone some way to assist their operative, "Can you tell me what happened to the nanites?" she asked, "I am worried about the man in that life support pod. He wasn't looking too well."

Shade... I think I'm okay. You're in my head... do you think your powers could extend to helping me clear the blocks hiding my memories away?

Shade replied back saying " eh, That is doubtful, the only reason I knew about that other stuff was because their is a fundamental connection between the shadow and a persons very mind and soul, that and your mental defenses both conscious and otherwise were down for the most part at the time. I could try later but there is no telling what kind of action your subconscious mind will take when it senses me rustling around up there. its good that you are fine,haha Laurel and Alrick were actually arguing about whether you were very lucky or unlucky before you awoke."
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:05 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Talion Union wrote:"The Nanite Swarm will be well taken care of, as will its host, especially now that it is no longer in the hands of ADS." He paused. "Now that I bring it up, what can you tell us about your mission with Apex? What did Verso offer you?"

"Just money... unless I was not paying attention." Alice smiled apologetically. She looked relieved though, that there was a promise the nanite swarm would be cared for, "He, basically just asked me to retrieve it. Did not give any details about the guy in the box or how angry the swarm was. I was suspicious though, I asked for too much money and to hire a team of Meta-humans and he said yes without too much hesitation. I knew it wouldn't be a simple parcel collection like he was making out."

She paused, "I planned for an angry swarm, I planned for an attack on our position outside the bunker, but wow did I underestimate how big that attack would be. I never expected that damned robot from the battle of DC... and I had hoped my surface team would handle diplomacy a bit better. Admittedly I was not on the surface so I can't really criticize, but things escalated too quickly."

"That's why the government cannot be trusted to handle such matters. It's always gung-ho bravado and firepower. Brute force tactics are all they know. That's why we're here. To handle these matters before they attempt to 'solve' them."

"He cleared his throat. "Gentleman, please leave the room." The other agents looked at each other, then left. Ferguson sat down in a padded chair. "Under normal circumstances, all captured Metas are to be put in a designated containment area. But......I make a call and have the guards stationed there to leave the room for 30 minutes, and the cameras in that area can be under repairs. But, this does not leave this room. Understand, Ms. Kosa?"
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:48 pm

Talion Union wrote:"That's why the government cannot be trusted to handle such matters. It's always gung-ho bravado and firepower. Brute force tactics are all they know. That's why we're here. To handle these matters before they attempt to 'solve' them."

"He cleared his throat. "Gentleman, please leave the room." The other agents looked at each other, then left. Ferguson sat down in a padded chair. "Under normal circumstances, all captured Metas are to be put in a designated containment area. But......I make a call and have the guards stationed there to leave the room for 30 minutes, and the cameras in that area can be under repairs. But, this does not leave this room. Understand, Ms. Kosa?"

Alice nodded, "Yes." then paused, "It might be easier though if you just switched my drugs for a saline drip. I'd get access to my powers and I doubt I would have much difficulty overpowering the guards. And if you know me, you know I do not harm people if there is any way I can possibly avoid it and I do not use lethal force."

She paused, then added seriously, "Though if I ever go off the rails, I want you to know you take me down with a bullet from long range. If I don't see or hear it coming there is nothing I can do to stop it. Do not let me see it coming. Obviously if it comes to that I will have taken precautions against any attacks I can foresee, so you will need to be cunning."

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:57 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Talion Union wrote:"That's why the government cannot be trusted to handle such matters. It's always gung-ho bravado and firepower. Brute force tactics are all they know. That's why we're here. To handle these matters before they attempt to 'solve' them."

Alice nodded, "Yes." then paused, "It might be easier though if you just switched my drugs for a saline drip. I'd get access to my powers and I doubt I would have much difficulty overpowering the guards. And if you know me, you know I do not harm people if there is any way I can possibly avoid it and I do not use lethal force."

She paused, then added seriously, "Though if I ever go off the rails, I want you to know you take me down with a bullet from long range. If I don't see or hear it coming there is nothing I can do to stop it. Do not let me see it coming. Obviously if it comes to that I will have taken precautions against any attacks I can foresee, so you will need to be cunning."

Ferguson chuckled. "I might understand a few guards being roughed up, but the rest of this Facility and this agency would not be as understanding." He stood up. "And don't worry, if it comes to the worst, we'll make it quick and painless." He smiled. It was impossible to tell if he was joking or not. "I would hurry. The shift change won't take forever. And in sure you'll want your goodbyes with the Swarm. It seemed to take an interest in your well being when we found it."
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:08 pm

Talion Union wrote:Ferguson chuckled. "I might understand a few guards being roughed up, but the rest of this Facility and this agency would not be as understanding." He stood up. "And don't worry, if it comes to the worst, we'll make it quick and painless." He smiled. It was impossible to tell if he was joking or not. "I would hurry. The shift change won't take forever. And in sure you'll want your goodbyes with the Swarm. It seemed to take an interest in your well being when we found it."

Alice gulped, she would try, but the odds of her getting out of here were little above zero, "I can barely sit up... but I will try. Where do I find the swarm, and where do I find the exit?"

Shade! She called desperately for the shadow man, I need your help, pretty much right now. I need someone to get me out of here and I need a zero casualty extraction. I should have a clear path, but I'm not going to be able to walk it without support. Please come alone.

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:20 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Talion Union wrote:Ferguson chuckled. "I might understand a few guards being roughed up, but the rest of this Facility and this agency would not be as understanding." He stood up. "And don't worry, if it comes to the worst, we'll make it quick and painless." He smiled. It was impossible to tell if he was joking or not. "I would hurry. The shift change won't take forever. And in sure you'll want your goodbyes with the Swarm. It seemed to take an interest in your well being when we found it."

Alice gulped, she would try, but the odds of her getting out of here were little above zero, "I can barely sit up... but I will try. Where do I find the swarm, and where do I find the exit?"

Shade! She called desperately for the shadow man, I need your help, pretty much right now. I need someone to get me out of here and I need a zero casualty extraction. I should have a clear path, but I'm not going to be able to walk it without support. Please come alone.

He furrowed his brow. "I can see the panick on your face. You still don't trust me?" He took out his service pistol and took out the magazine, then popped the bullet in the chamber. "You have my word as High Officer no harm will come to you." He then reached out his hand. "I'll even lead you the Nanite Swarm personally, no tricks, no funny business."
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:49 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:

Shade sent back " are you connected to any machines? I need to know. I can pull you through a shadow portal to us here in the bar, but it could cause you harm if you are connected to anything on that side. Or I could show up there and then disconnect you forcefully and bring you back, please answer quickly."
He then turned to the others in the Bar and said " soon I may or may not be bringing Alice here do be prepared." after he said this he poured more power into his link to Alice to prepare for her safety.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:57 pm

Talion Union wrote:He furrowed his brow. "I can see the panick on your face. You still don't trust me?" He took out his service pistol and took out the magazine, then popped the bullet in the chamber. "You have my word as High Officer no harm will come to you." He then reached out his hand. "I'll even lead you the Nanite Swarm personally, no tricks, no funny business."

Alice shook her head, "You misunderstand me. I don't doubt your integrity, I doubt my ability to walk out of here unaided... My leg was shattered. If I was not drugged up I would be able to fly. I have called for another Meta-human who might be able to transport himself in here and help me walk out, though if you are not putting yourself at risk, you might be able to help me the same way. Please though, don't be too alarmed if he appears out of the shadows."

She took Ferguson's hand, then smiled, saying earnestly, "I trust you to protect me when I cannot protect myself."

Yes... I am hooked up to all manner of gizmo. There is someone with me, a friend. If you could please come here there is one thing I need to do, the maybe we can shadow portal away... also, have you thought at all about whether you can help fix my amnesia?

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Talion Union wrote:He furrowed his brow. "I can see the panick on your face. You still don't trust me?" He took out his service pistol and took out the magazine, then popped the bullet in the chamber. "You have my word as High Officer no harm will come to you." He then reached out his hand. "I'll even lead you the Nanite Swarm personally, no tricks, no funny business."

Alice shook her head, "You misunderstand me. I don't doubt your integrity, I doubt my ability to walk out of here unaided... My leg was shattered. If I was not drugged up I would be able to fly. I have called for another Meta-human who might be able to transport himself in here and help me walk out, though if you are not putting yourself at risk, you might be able to help me the same way. Please though, don't be too alarmed if he appears out of the shadows."

She took Ferguson's hand, then smiled, saying earnestly, "I trust you to protect me when I cannot protect myself."

Yes... I am hooked up to all manner of gizmo. There is someone with me, a friend. If you could please come here there is one thing I need to do, the maybe we can shadow portal away... also, have you thought at all about whether you can help fix my amnesia?

Shade covered himself in shadows and appeared inside the Room where Alice was located. the cameras would only see a black mass, not any specific details about the black mass. HE then spoke to Alice saying "well I am here, I could make something to enable you to walk. Don't worry about any cameras, they wont be able to tell what I am exactly. About your other question Possibly but we should discuss that after you have recovered."

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:38 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:

"Very well, Ms. Kosa. Let me help you."

Shadowwell wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

Shade covered himself in shadows and appeared inside the Room where Alice was located. the cameras would only see a black mass, not any specific details about the black mass. HE then spoke to Alice saying "well I am here, I could make something to enable you to walk. Don't worry about any cameras, they wont be able to tell what I am exactly. About your other question Possibly but we should discuss that after you have recovered."

Several armed guards rushed in, assault rifles pointed at this figure. An alarm sounded, detecting the arrival of Shade. Ferguson shook his head. He held out an arm. "Stand down. He's with Ms. Kosa." He turned to Shade. "Isn't that right, Mr.....?"
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:48 pm

Talion Union wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

"Very well, Ms. Kosa. Let me help you."

Shadowwell wrote:

Several armed guards rushed in, assault rifles pointed at this figure. An alarm sounded, detecting the arrival of Shade. Ferguson shook his head. He held out an arm. "Stand down. He's with Ms. Kosa." He turned to Shade. "Isn't that right, Mr.....?"

"You can call me Erebus. now I would suggest you have your people stand down before I lobotomize them, Im not allowed to kill at the moment." Shade waited for them to respond while he poured his power into the shadows of the guards and Ferguson, just in case.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:58 pm

Shadowwell wrote:"You can call me Erebus. now I would suggest you have your people stand down before I lobotomize them, Im not allowed to kill at the moment." Shade waited for them to respond while he poured his power into the shadows of the guards and Ferguson, just in case.

"I'd actually rather you didn't do that either." Alice said with a frown, "Seriously, if things get hairy, you get out, leave me if you have to, but you get out. The people in this facility are friends."

It wasn't exactly right, but close enough, "Shall we see the nanites? Then it is time for me to go."

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:05 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:"You can call me Erebus. now I would suggest you have your people stand down before I lobotomize them, Im not allowed to kill at the moment." Shade waited for them to respond while he poured his power into the shadows of the guards and Ferguson, just in case.

"I'd actually rather you didn't do that either." Alice said with a frown, "Seriously, if things get hairy, you get out, leave me if you have to, but you get out. The people in this facility are friends."

It wasn't exactly right, but close enough, "Shall we see the nanites? Then it is time for me to go."

Shade sighs then says " Alice why do you have to ruin the fun, fine I wont Kill or render anyone brain-dead, gosh, I wasn't actually going to do it, besides if anything happens I could just sink this whole facility into My pocket dimension then sort everything out while all the beings are in stasis. I am not going to leave you here, I already had to leave you in the bunker, Its not happening again. Although it was fun watching Laurel get drunk off boilermakers while waiting, anyways. Lead on Macduff.

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:15 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

Shade sighs then says " Alice why do you have to ruin the fun, fine I wont Kill or render anyone brain-dead, gosh, I wasn't actually going to do it, besides if anything happens I could just sink this whole facility into My pocket dimension then sort everything out while all the beings are in stasis. I am not going to leave you here, I already had to leave you in the bunker, Its not happening again. Although it was fun watching Laurel get drunk off boilermakers while waiting, anyways. Lead on Macduff.

"Shadow manipulation....interesting. We have a special wing for people like you." He chuckled. "I joke. We don't have a reason to lock you away."

He lead the way to a large containment unit. The Nanites were in the center of the room, surrounding the pod, where many scientists and technicians stood, watching over the pod. "Right this way, Ms. Kosa."
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:37 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Shade sighs then says " Alice why do you have to ruin the fun, fine I wont Kill or render anyone brain-dead, gosh, I wasn't actually going to do it, besides if anything happens I could just sink this whole facility into My pocket dimension then sort everything out while all the beings are in stasis. I am not going to leave you here, I already had to leave you in the bunker, Its not happening again. Although it was fun watching Laurel get drunk off boilermakers while waiting, anyways. Lead on Macduff.

"Most Meta-humans I have met are pretty blood crazed." she replied, "Power corrupts and we have a lot of it." she smiled though, evidently placated by Shade's response, "Anyway... I have to pull you up again for a far greater crime - misquoting the Bard of Avon! I believe the line you were looking for is 'Lay on, Macduff, And damned be him that first cries, 'Hold, enough!''" she grinned cheekily. Alice loved a good quotation.

"But speaking seriously - thank you." It was nice to hear that someone was ready to back you up.

She patted Fergusson's arm, she was leaning quite heavily on him, trying not to put any weight on the broken leg, "Let us speak to these nanites, then, Shade, lets go home."

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:05 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Shade sighs then says " Alice why do you have to ruin the fun, fine I wont Kill or render anyone brain-dead, gosh, I wasn't actually going to do it, besides if anything happens I could just sink this whole facility into My pocket dimension then sort everything out while all the beings are in stasis. I am not going to leave you here, I already had to leave you in the bunker, Its not happening again. Although it was fun watching Laurel get drunk off boilermakers while waiting, anyways. Lead on Macduff.

"Most Meta-humans I have met are pretty blood crazed." she replied, "Power corrupts and we have a lot of it." she smiled though, evidently placated by Shade's response, "Anyway... I have to pull you up again for a far greater crime - misquoting the Bard of Avon! I believe the line you were looking for is 'Lay on, Macduff, And damned be him that first cries, 'Hold, enough!''" she grinned cheekily. Alice loved a good quotation.

"But speaking seriously - thank you." It was nice to hear that someone was ready to back you up.

She patted Fergusson's arm, she was leaning quite heavily on him, trying not to put any weight on the broken leg, "Let us speak to these nanites, then, Shade, lets go home."

The Nanites paused, then took a human shape once more. "Al....IcE?" The Nanites stepped forward. "FRiEnD."

Ferguson smiled. "We've had a teacher come in to expand its vocabulary. It's quite a fast learner."
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:57 am

Talion Union wrote:The Nanites paused, then took a human shape once more. "Al....IcE?" The Nanites stepped forward. "FRiEnD."

Ferguson smiled. "We've had a teacher come in to expand its vocabulary. It's quite a fast learner."

"Yes, I am Alice." she smiled, reaching a hand out towards the swarm, "And yes, I am a friend."

"How are they treating you? Are you happy?"

Shade probably hadn't seen it, but this was what they had been supposed to retrieve. She had just about gotten herself killed trying to protect it too...

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:03 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Talion Union wrote:The Nanites paused, then took a human shape once more. "Al....IcE?" The Nanites stepped forward. "FRiEnD."

"Yes, I am Alice." she smiled, reaching a hand out towards the swarm, "And yes, I am a friend."

"How are they treating you? Are you happy?"

Shade probably hadn't seen it, but this was what they had been supposed to retrieve. She had just about gotten herself killed trying to protect it too...

"SpECiAl MeN TaKE CaRe oF MaRcUs. GhOsT lEaRn SpeEch." A technician walked up to them. "It took a bit of work, but we managed to get it working with the system. Should be working just fine."
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:43 pm

Talion Union wrote:"SpECiAl MeN TaKE CaRe oF MaRcUs. GhOsT lEaRn SpeEch." A technician walked up to them. "It took a bit of work, but we managed to get it working with the system. Should be working just fine."

Alice looked relieved, happy at the response of the swarm to whatever Cerberus was doing with it, "That is great news. I am truly glad that you are happy here. Hopefully, at peace."

"I have a feeling." she added, "That we might cross paths again one day. Remember, if you need me to, I will watch your back."

"You said Laurel was getting smashed at a bar?" She asked Shade, "If she is about, then hopefully she can finish fixing the things that Cerberus have started to put right in me."

She looked between Ferguson and the nanites, "Would this be a good time to, in the immortal words of Snagglepuss, 'Exit, stage left!'"

Talion Union
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Talion Union » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:13 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Talion Union wrote:"SpECiAl MeN TaKE CaRe oF MaRcUs. GhOsT lEaRn SpeEch." A technician walked up to them. "It took a bit of work, but we managed to get it working with the system. Should be working just fine."

Alice looked relieved, happy at the response of the swarm to whatever Cerberus was doing with it, "That is great news. I am truly glad that you are happy here. Hopefully, at peace."

"I have a feeling." she added, "That we might cross paths again one day. Remember, if you need me to, I will watch your back."

"You said Laurel was getting smashed at a bar?" She asked Shade, "If she is about, then hopefully she can finish fixing the things that Cerberus have started to put right in me."

She looked between Ferguson and the nanites, "Would this be a good time to, in the immortal words of Snagglepuss, 'Exit, stage left!'"

Ferguson and every member of Cerberus personell saluted Alice. "Good luck, Ms. Kosa!"
The Geneva War
Talion Civil War
Petrokovia
Dorhaven
Geneva

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:49 pm

It hurt to stand upright, but Alice forced herself to do it, despite the screaming protest of partially healed bones. For whatever reason these people believed in her and they deserved that small effort on her part. It was humbling to see that, and she would damned well make sure she lived up to their expectations.

She glanced over at Shade, maybe he would be someone who would work with her through all the madness? She wasn't sure, but he seemed like a decent man, someone who might have her back. She shifted to lean on him, taking the weight off her recently broken limb, "Time to go, my friend."

She realized also that her attitude to life would get her killed. Maybe not today, but one day... Here lies Alice Kosa, she died doing the right thing she thought to herself, accidentally projecting the thought to Shade. She wondered if he'd get the reference.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:25 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:It hurt to stand upright, but Alice forced herself to do it, despite the screaming protest of partially healed bones. For whatever reason these people believed in her and they deserved that small effort on her part. It was humbling to see that, and she would damned well make sure she lived up to their expectations.

She glanced over at Shade, maybe he would be someone who would work with her through all the madness? She wasn't sure, but he seemed like a decent man, someone who might have her back. She shifted to lean on him, taking the weight off her recently broken limb, "Time to go, my friend."

She realized also that her attitude to life would get her killed. Maybe not today, but one day... Here lies Alice Kosa, she died doing the right thing she thought to herself, accidentally projecting the thought to Shade. She wondered if he'd get the reference.

"very well, Lets go." Shade then opened up a portal and said" Your chariot awaits, my lady." He also thought back "Nice Dresden reference by the way." out loud he said " just step through, it may be a little disorienting."

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:42 pm

Shadowwell wrote:"very well, Lets go." Shade then opened up a portal and said" Your chariot awaits, my lady." He also thought back "Nice Dresden reference by the way." out loud he said " just step through, it may be a little disorienting."

"You probably have no idea how happy I am to find someone who got one." Alice grinned broadly, then stepped through.

It was disorientating alright, enough that she was left dizzy and slightly nauseous. She fell out of the other side and probably would have given herself another concussion if Laurel hadn't stepped up to catch her, helping her to one of the bench seats in a booth at the bar before asking, "I know I'm not always up to play with local fashion, but isn't that a hospital gown you are wearing."

"It's the traditional uniform for those who have had a recent near run in with the reaper. You know I had this funny dream, I'm pretty sure I saw him there. Shade? Where is Shade? Can we talk about my amnesia now?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse