NATION

PASSWORD

The Birth of Aegis [Superhero] (OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:02 am

Anowa wrote:
Serah wrote:
Oh wow. Shit politicians all around. Woobeedeedoo.

rule of thumb. Politicians = assholes

Murphy's law too.

The Krogan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:23 am

Anowa wrote:
Serah wrote:
Yep. Still wondering what the fuck is wrong with you guys. I know I'm foreign and don't get much stuff, but still.

welcome to Canada where we have too much room, spare time, and are cooped up inside for 8 months a year.

The truth
The perpetual lurker of NS, trudging through the desolate winter.

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:11 am

Anowa wrote:
Serah wrote:
Oh wow. Shit politicians all around. Woobeedeedoo.

rule of thumb. Politicians = assholes

Dude, I hail from the UK and only a series of working holiday visas are keeping me from having to go back. When you have David Cameron royally shafting your country with less than a third of the vote, I feel like the only people allowed to complain louder than us are Aussies and that's only because Tony Abbot's a complete...well, I'm sure Dyelli will finish this sentence for me ;)

Suggested adjectives include 'wanker', 'cunt' and, because I'm Scottish, 'bawbag'!
Last edited by Ularn on Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:12 am

Anowa wrote:
Serah wrote:
This man looks like he has truly seen it all. He has seen things the human eye was not meant to see.

Like a laser!

He's Stephen Harper AKA our Prime Minister AKA the guy who's bending Canada over the table and fucking it's ass non-consensually.
He's made it illegal to talk shit about him, like a narcissistic assclown.

Even more of the truth.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:57 pm

Hey TU, you know a few pages back Laurel gave Creele a blood transfusion...

Outside, since nobody had tried to stop her, Laurel had plugged the line into Creele, juicing him up with a healthy dose of Fairy blood. The first thing he would notice was a slight burning sensation around the site of the injury, though it would fade within moments to be replaced by the dull ache of muscles and bones knitting together. It would take about 20 minutes for him to be whole again, which included healing existing scars and injuries. Creele would probably have never felt so good before in his life.

Unplugging the line, she went to work on the others, friends and foes alike. While Laurel hadn't taken the Hippocratic oath, she knew the duty of a combat medic was to both sides... plus she knew Alice would blow a fuse if she didn't. It was curious, seeing the woman in charge was revealing a whole different side to her. She was much more interesting that Laurel had first thought.

Also, Alice and co are at the bottom of the lift shaft.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:04 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:Hey TU, you know a few pages back Laurel gave Creele a blood transfusion...

Outside, since nobody had tried to stop her, Laurel had plugged the line into Creele, juicing him up with a healthy dose of Fairy blood. The first thing he would notice was a slight burning sensation around the site of the injury, though it would fade within moments to be replaced by the dull ache of muscles and bones knitting together. It would take about 20 minutes for him to be whole again, which included healing existing scars and injuries. Creele would probably have never felt so good before in his life.

Unplugging the line, she went to work on the others, friends and foes alike. While Laurel hadn't taken the Hippocratic oath, she knew the duty of a combat medic was to both sides... plus she knew Alice would blow a fuse if she didn't. It was curious, seeing the woman in charge was revealing a whole different side to her. She was much more interesting that Laurel had first thought.

I don't think that'll fix a dislocated hip. A shattered tibia and fibia, maybe.
Last edited by Anowa on Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:05 pm

Anowa wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:Hey TU, you know a few pages back Laurel gave Creele a blood transfusion...

I don't think that'll fix a dislocated hip. A shattered tibia and fibia, maybe.

Well it is magic!... but the way I've been writing it, it will make a dislocated hip harder to fix.

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:21 pm

Sorry for not posting. Had a busy few days and given Scott's stuck in the bunker without an NBC suit right now there didn't seem much he could do. I'll get to reading the backlog now and try to have something up by this evening.

EDIT: So is everyone currently in the bunker right now or just outside it?
Last edited by Ularn on Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:46 pm

Ularn wrote:Sorry for not posting. Had a busy few days and given Scott's stuck in the bunker without an NBC suit right now there didn't seem much he could do. I'll get to reading the backlog now and try to have something up by this evening.

EDIT: So is everyone currently in the bunker right now or just outside it?

Everyone but Laurel, Dima and co., NATO soldiers, and Mother are in the bunker.
I think there are a few right at the entrance but idk until Tallion responds.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:16 pm

Serah, how far in the future is Heamet from?
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:18 pm

Anowa wrote:Serah, how far in the future is Heamet from?

Two hundred years in the future, however, by the time Mother was created he wasn't in the mechanics anymore, more like a new Alrick.

What he said was purely to confuse the AI.

Why do you ask?

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Serah wrote:
Anowa wrote:Serah, how far in the future is Heamet from?

Two hundred years in the future, however, by the time Mother was created he wasn't in the mechanics anymore, more like a new Alrick.

Why do you ask?

Anowa wrote: Background:Mother was a product of a program with two purposes, to protect the lineage of Humanities greatest hero and the current head of the United Terran Dominion in 23407 AE (after Earth)...

This is from her app.
Unless Heamet is actually Jeebus, he shouldn't know what Mother is.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:32 pm

Anowa wrote:
Serah wrote:

Why do you ask?

Anowa wrote: Background:Mother was a product of a program with two purposes, to protect the lineage of Humanities greatest hero and the current head of the United Terran Dominion in 23407 AE (after Earth)...

This is from her app.

He isn't, but he knows what a sentient AI is. He's seen that before. Two hundred years in the future Finland has become a dominion, Metas and humans are mostly peaceful towards each other thanks to the work of Aegis, time travel has been made possible because of him. Although the first that worked was six hundred years in the future with Màen Caerwyn.
But sentient AIs have been made. Still with Asimov's laws, but sentient AIs.

By the way, Finland is basically the Nordics, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Germany and Finland itself are all the same country technically.
And their technical prowess rival America's.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:38 pm

Serah wrote:
Anowa wrote:

This is from her app.

He isn't, but he knows what a sentient AI is. He's seen that before. Two hundred years in the future Finland has become a dominion, Metas and humans are mostly peaceful towards each other thanks to the work of Aegis, time travel has been made possible because of him. Although the first that worked was six hundred years in the future with Màen Caerwyn.

By the way, Finland is basically the Nordics, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Germany and Finland itself are all the same country technically.

And I've noticed a few other things in the post as well, Heamet gets shot, who shot him? Isn't Alice, and therefore Heamet in the bunker unable to be shot at? Shouldn't there be mention of an nigh-Earth shattering kaboom somewhere as well?
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:43 pm

Anowa wrote:
Serah wrote:

And I've noticed a few other things in the post as well, Heamet gets shot, who shot him? Isn't Alice, and therefore Heamet in the bunker unable to be shot at? Shouldn't there be mention of an nigh-Earth shattering kaboom somewhere as well?

True. But Heamet had to get out of the Bunker as Creele had the magnificent idea to stay OUT of the bunker when everyone was IN. So he had time to get shot, then say his line and depart in badassery.

Also, it's still normal that he didn't mention it, after all, he just got back his senses and has no idea where he's going since he's blind and half deaf from the kaboom as you call it.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:25 pm

Anowa wrote:
Serah wrote:

I have mentioned the earth shattering kaboom.

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:27 pm

What happened to the two guys I was with in San Fran?

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:31 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Anowa wrote:

well... I think Alice is gonna be numb for a while. (depending on where her tailbone broke.)
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:43 am

Can Heamet go and heal Alice? Human medicine will have a lot of trouble helping her. Plus she won't be put back fully if human doctors manage it.
Last edited by Serah on Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:11 am

Anowa wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

well... I think Alice is gonna be numb for a while. (depending on where her tailbone broke.)

Er, not sure what you're thinking of, but tailbone injuries generally just hurt, a lot.

Serah wrote:Can Heamet go and heal Alice? Human medicine will have a lot of trouble helping her. Plus she won't be put back fully if human doctors manage it.

Heamet just left. I would say no. It would be a horrible deus ex machina. In any case, without giving too much of the plot away, it is an important part of her 2.0 back story that she gets more or less destroyed at this point.

With modern medicine a normal, healthy adult would pretty much fully recover from that kind of damage if they didn't die from internal bleeding or lack of oxygen before the medical team got them stabilized. Alice, however, has enhanced healing (on the app). She will definitely fully recover... if she doesn't die from internal bleeding or lack of oxygen before the medical team gets her stabilized.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:13 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Anowa wrote:

Er, not sure what you're thinking of, but tailbone injuries generally just hurt, a lot.

Serah wrote:Can Heamet go and heal Alice? Human medicine will have a lot of trouble helping her. Plus she won't be put back fully if human doctors manage it.

Heamet just left. I would say no. It would be a horrible deus ex machina. In any case, without giving too much of the plot away, it is an important part of her 2.0 back story that she gets more or less destroyed at this point.

With modern medicine a normal, healthy adult would pretty much fully recover from that kind of damage if they didn't die from internal bleeding or lack of oxygen before the medical team got them stabilized. Alice, however, has enhanced healing (on the app). She will definitely fully recover... if she doesn't die from internal bleeding or lack of oxygen before the medical team gets her stabilized.

Okay then, no problem.
I thought injuries like that were pretty much fatal.

Syrixces
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Syrixces » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:25 am

Can I still apply?

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:48 am

Syrixces wrote:Can I still apply?

Yes.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:22 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Anowa wrote:

Turns out the Coccyx is rather small, I was thinking tailbone (Coccyx and Os Sacrum) if your Os sacrum is broken in the right place it'll pinch a small part of you spinal cord. Sorry for the confusion.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Syrixces
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Syrixces » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:24 pm

Super Identity: The Monument

Identity Known ?: Yes

Hero, Villain, Or Neutral: Neutral, leans towards hero

Appearance: Black super suit, with gold full elbow to hands gloves, a gold cape that covers his shoulders, back, and front part of upper chest, gold fringe along all lines of suit, gold mid section, curving up under pecs, over abs, with a black 'M', gold full knee length boots, Caucasian skin, golden eyes, long, shoulder length golden hair.

Affiliation: None

Legal Sanctions: Entity, above the law

Alignment: True Neutral

Powers: The Monument is what he is called, a Monument. He is almost indestructible, able to withstand a near nuclear strike. He has immense strength (Max Has yet to be found), has strong speed (Max 50 mph), flight, and is capable of emitting solar energy as a weapon.

Equipment: None

Weaknesses: The Monument's abilities rely upon solar rays, and can exhaust him quickly. If he uses his powers for more than two days straight, without at least 24 hours of recharge, he becomes extremely weakened, up to three days, and he may die. Not only that, but The Monument has an extreme phobia of water. The thought or threat of drowning can cause him to loose focus, and his powers to violently erupt, draining him very quickly. characters with water or darkness manipulation have an extreme advantage against him.

Personality: The Monument believes in one thing, balance. He is delusional, believing that he must bring balance between good and evil. Which ever side is loosing, he joins them. He believes that he must keep the balance between the two, and will aid whichever he believes is at a disadvantage. He is very logical, and callous, and has to be reminded sometimes of his morals. He does not completely understand his strength, and can inadvertently kill someone.

Background: Robert was a nueroscientist, working with optogenetics for the government. His project was to use light, to stimulate latency evolutionary change. However, due to a recent budget cut, his program was cut. In a last chance test, Robert used his light reactionary system on himself, and unlocked 10 million years of lost evolution. Robert unlocked marvelous powers, at the cost of his scientific mind, and now has one purpose: balance. Little else is known about Robert's past. Other than his name, Robert has forgotten everything, and has no desire to recover his past.

RP Past: I'm on academy of heroes and villains relaunched

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse