NATION

PASSWORD

The Last Colonies - Sci-fi TBS/RP - OOC / Always Open

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Air base, missile base, Intelligence center got destroyed. Now what.

Everything withing gets destroyed.
23%
Everything within is rendered inoperable until facility is rebuilt.
35%
Whatever
15%
Aircraft/spies can survive if there is another base to accomodate them.
23%
other option 2
4%

Total votes : 26

Shyluz
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:04 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
Shyluz wrote:Part I.
Faction Leader Name: Navigation and Operations Intelligence (NOI) technically, but prefers to be called Weiss, his chosen name.
Faction Leader Appearance (optional):

Faction Leader Biography: Weiss was never born, he was made to be the Harmony's navigator and maintenance intelligence responsible for keeping the ship running while the human crew was asleep. He was treated by the bridge crew as a normal human, likely due to his appearance, and was regarded by the Captain as a son. Unfortunately, as you can imagine, the apparent suicide of the Captain hurt Weiss greatly.
Part II.
Faction Name: Order of the Knights Titanium
Faction Color: Red
Faction Logo:

Faction Ideology: Feudalism
Faction Theme Music: This
Faction Landing Site: Map has yet to be seen.
Part III.
Faction Architecture:

Faction Fashion: Well, I can't find an image. Sorry. But, I think of them as wearing very sort of generic 19th century clothing, with the upper class (Counts, etc.) wearing long red coats to denote rank. As most use an android chassis of some variety, male units and female units don't have much of a distinction in dress.
Info on Faction Population: Meh, I'll work on this later...

OOH YEAH!
A full app!

An AI leader however, would leave a smaller huge plot hole in the story so far, but don't worry, I'll figure something out.

Sorry if I caused you inconvenience. I've wanted to make a faction like this for years. This is the first actual chance I've gotten to.
Otherwise known as Nornsmark for official, region-ey things.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:07 pm

Shyluz wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:
OOH YEAH!
A full app!

An AI leader however, would leave a smaller huge plot hole in the story so far, but don't worry, I'll figure something out.

Sorry if I caused you inconvenience. I've wanted to make a faction like this for years. This is the first actual chance I've gotten to.

So, your AI is running in a human-like android, yes?
Last edited by Harkback Union on Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:07 pm

Yah.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:10 pm

Shyluz wrote:Yah.

Then, how about, you're the navigator AI but some other AI?

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:12 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
Shyluz wrote:Yah.

Then, how about, you're the not the navigator AI but some other AI?

FTFY

Sure. I can edit to allow your accommodations for my glorious titanium knights.

Edit -- Fixed. Also I have LEET posts. :p
Last edited by Shyluz on Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dixmix
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dixmix » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:17 pm

Part I.
Faction Leader Name: Jerimiah Burke

Faction Leader Biography: Formerly one of Humanity's famous historians and also is a collector of retro-futurism novels that he believes that we had the technology to make a city of the past-future come true but he wouldn't wanted to risk his career on it. He was among the first historians to go on the ship to the new world in order to preserve Humanity's history for the future generations on an alien world. He wanted to try and make the idea come true even if it means to manipulate history to do it.
Part II. (can wait until prelude is over)
Faction Name: The Imperium of Yesterday
Faction Color: Gold
Faction Logo (optional):

Faction Ideology (the more radical, the better): Autocratic Imperialism with Lazze-fare capitalism in the radical since
Faction Theme Music:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhuqGt4LSLQ
Faction Landing Site (first come, first served): I don't know, just put me anywhere
Part III. (can also wait and optional)
Faction Architecture (image preferred):http://media.battlestarwiki.org/images/d/df/Caprica_City.png
Faction Fashion (image preferred): http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/1f/fa/37/1ffa37d0ef7f008994ad2315a17d79a0.jpg
Info on Faction Population (their daily lives, their classes): Many people live in the Roaring Twenties but are much more tolerant of things like Homosexuality and other Human races for they know that they all need to work together. The society is very meritocratic to the core and individualistic unless they are part of gangs or corporations. The rich-poor cap is as high as the skyscrapers but the choices of freedom to change your standing is s wide as the horizon. The people believe that the technology of the present can bring out the innovateness of the future and many of their androids, weapons, vehicles, and lifestyle.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:27 pm

Dixmix wrote:Part I.
Faction Leader Biography: Formerly one of Humanity's famous historians and also is a collector of retro-futurism novels that he believes that we had the technology to make a city of the past-future come true but he wouldn't wanted to risk his career on it. He was among the first historians to go on the ship to the new world in order to preserve Humanity's history for the future generations on an alien world. He wanted to try and make the idea come true even if it means to manipulate history to do it.
Faction Logo (optional):
Faction Ideology (the more radical, the better): Autocratic Imperialism with Lazze-fare capitalism in the radical since
Faction Landing Site (first come, first served): I don't know, just put me anywhere
Faction Architecture (image preferred):http://media.battlestarwiki.org/images/d/df/Caprica_City.png
Faction Fashion (image preferred): http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/1f/fa/37/1ffa37d0ef7f008994ad2315a17d79a0.jpg
Info on Faction Population (their daily lives, their classes): Many people live in the Roaring Twenties but are much more tolerant of things like Homosexuality and other Human races for they know that they all need to work together. The society is very meritocratic to the core and individualistic unless they are part of gangs or corporations. The rich-poor cap is as high as the skyscrapers but the choices of freedom to change your standing is s wide as the horizon. The people believe that the technology of the present can bring out the innovateness of the future and many of their androids, weapons, vehicles, and lifestyle.

I'm also big fun of retro-sci-fi!
Also, did you really compose that music?

Dixmix
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dixmix » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:32 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
Dixmix wrote:Part I.
Faction Logo (optional):

No, it was just something that ran with the theme I was trying to create for my faction.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:35 pm

So we have :
1920s Sci-Fi Mafia
Feudal Robots
Unknown

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:38 pm

Dixmix wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:

No, it was just something that ran with the theme I was trying to create for my faction.

Oh wait, I wasn't supposed to put the word "really" in that sentence. I red the youtube description and for some reason thought you wrote that.

By the way, I did compose some music myself, this minimalist track would be especially fitting this RP:
https://soundcloud.com/nowherenews-1/aether
But for some reason, every time I listen to it my ears hurt.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:39 pm

Shyluz wrote:So we have :
1920s Sci-Fi Mafia
Feudal Robots
Unknown

You forgot about Grim!

Part I.
Faction Leader Name: Professor Leon Salvador da Venici

Faction Leader Biography: Professor da Venici is one of the most prominent theorists in 'creative education', as well as a practicing psychiatrist. His contributions to varying fields, based in his knowledge of educational and biological psychology, made him a clear fit for Harmony's science and medical crew. Born in Melbourne, to an Italian family, he moved to Italy after completing high school. With a BSci and Masters in educational psychology, he completed his PhD. Incorporating the work of prominent xenobiologists and Renaissance Italian philosophy, he discussed the potential implications to education onboard a generation ship, isolated from Terran culture and exposed to the hardships of extraterrestrial life.

It was through this thesis that he first explored creative education on a practical level. Teaching complex concepts and theory through music, art, and creative fiction, he is considered a radical educational theorist. In many senses, he views Harmony as his personal petri dish.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:41 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
Shyluz wrote:So we have :
1920s Sci-Fi Mafia
Feudal Robots
Unknown

You forgot about Grim!

Part I.

Faction Leader Biography: Professor da Venici is one of the most prominent theorists in 'creative education', as well as a practicing psychiatrist. His contributions to varying fields, based in his knowledge of educational and biological psychology, made him a clear fit for Harmony's science and medical crew. Born in Melbourne, to an Italian family, he moved to Italy after completing high school. With a BSci and Masters in educational psychology, he completed his PhD. Incorporating the work of prominent xenobiologists and Renaissance Italian philosophy, he discussed the potential implications to education onboard a generation ship, isolated from Terran culture and exposed to the hardships of extraterrestrial life.

It was through this thesis that he first explored creative education on a practical level. Teaching complex concepts and theory through music, art, and creative fiction, he is considered a radical educational theorist. In many senses, he views Harmony as his personal petri dish.

He's the Unknown. We don't know what kind of faction he has.

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:42 pm

Shyluz wrote:

I have a pretty good idea of what it will be, but I quite like being called the Unknown, frankly. :P

I would, however, like to reserve the color black, or if black doesn't work well, purple.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:43 pm

Shyluz wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:
You forgot about Grim!

Part I.

Ah, yes, I thought you meant Pac.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:44 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
Shyluz wrote:

He's Unknown V2

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:45 pm

The Grim Reaper wrote:
Shyluz wrote:

I have a pretty good idea of what it will be, but I quite like being called the Unknown, frankly. :P

I would, however, like to reserve the color black, or if black doesn't work well, purple.

Dark Purple?

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:45 pm

Shyluz wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:

He's Unknown V2

Unknown: Electric Boogaloo
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Dixmix
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dixmix » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:54 pm

So, robotic Knights Templar? How are Humans treated?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Look, a WIP App

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:56 pm

Part I.
Faction Leader Name: Arch-Fabricant Garasov Mas'drameral
Faction Leader Biography:
Faction Name: The Sons of the Stars
Faction Color: Deep Blue
Faction Logo (optional):
Faction Ideology (the more radical, the better):
Faction Theme Music:
Faction Landing Site: Coastal Hills, yknow
Faction Architecture (image preferred):
Faction Fashion (image preferred):
Info on Faction Population (their daily lives, their classes):
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:58 pm

Dixmix wrote:So, robotic Knights Templar? How are Humans treated?

Okay. The Knights Titanium's (See what I did there?) goal is to show the world that synthetics are an acceptable form of life. But if furious warfare is required, your processes will be terminated. :twisted:

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:08 pm

If anyone is looking for cool faction themese:
Warlike/Wicked: https://soundcloud.com/soulima-1/zoomor ... se-tse-fly
Everything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WdWGyI ... LW11_ejKGU
Listening to these will be obligatory when interacting with other factions.

Greater Mobile
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 19, 2014
Capitalizt

Postby Greater Mobile » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:56 pm

This is open, right?
Last edited by Greater Mobile on Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This post made possible by a public-private partnership with the Greater Mobile Coalition of Big BusinessTM. GMCBB: It’s our Republic, you’re just living in it!

Skappola
Minister

Founded: May 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skappola » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:01 pm

Harkback Union wrote:If anyone is looking for cool faction themese:
Warlike/Wicked: https://soundcloud.com/soulima-1/zoomor ... se-tse-fly
Everything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WdWGyI ... LW11_ejKGU
Listening to these will be obligatory when interacting with other factions.

I've always Zakharov's Character, and the University of Planet in general.
Last edited by Skappola on Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Compass: Economic: 1.63 Social: -6.72
Political Ideology: Neoliberal Civil Libertarian
I Enjoy: Blues, Paradox Games and Sci-fi

Farsview
Envoy

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Farsview » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:00 pm

Tag. I'm interested in joining but have no experience RPing.

Dixmix
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Dixmix » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:31 pm

Shyluz wrote:
Dixmix wrote:So, robotic Knights Templar? How are Humans treated?

Okay. The Knights Titanium's (See what I did there?) goal is to show the world that synthetics are an acceptable form of life. But if furious warfare is required, your processes will be terminated. :twisted:

Huh, two empires in the past being mortal enemies? Medieval Robots vs Dieselpunk Gangsters in space sounds weird and fun to do.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse