NATION

PASSWORD

World On Fire: Shadow Ops [OPEN] (OOC/Fantasy WW2)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fascist Republic Of Bermuda
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Republic Of Bermuda » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:26 pm

Heard more minor Allied nationalities were needed, so here's somebody from Wales-in-the-South-Pacific New Zealand.

Player Character App (Shadow Ops Operative)

Name: Cynthia Marshall
D.O.B.: May 20th, 1914
Physical Description and/or Picture: Chur cuz
Species: Human (Mundane)
Nationality: New Zealander
Ethnicity: Pākehā (that is, European New Zealander)
Religion: Anglican
Bio: Cynthia Marshall was born on the South Island on a sheep ranch, a family property dating back to 1850. The Marshall family’s celebrating ended quickly. In June 1914, the Great War broke out, bringing New Zealand as a Dominion of the British Empire into the war. Cynthia’s father enlisted to serve for King and Country. In early 1915, the unit Cynthia’s father was in departed to participate in the Great War. Specifically, the troopships departed to Gallipoli. By December, right around Christmas, Cynthia’s father returned to the ranch. Missing one leg, blown off by an Ottoman shell in the failed offensive.
With her father crippled, Cynthia was almost raised by her older brother four years her senior. As Cynthia grew, the two did everything together. When they were young, they played together, disobeyed their mother together, and went to school together. As they grew older, their responsibilities turned to maintaining the ranch, caring for the sheep, and exploring the countryside. They stayed close into adulthood. They became avid hunters, Cynthia using an old Martini-Henry that had been in the family for generations, while her brother used a substantially newer Browning Auto-5.
However, the growing shadow of crisis in Europe eventually exploded into full-out war. On 3 September 1939, New Zealand declared war on Nazi Germany. A week later, Cynthia’s brother signed up for the military to their father’s chagrin. After a heartfelt goodbye, he was shipped first to training and then to Europe. A couple of months later, Cynthia couldn’t just sit and tend to the sheep. She cut her hair short, dressed herself up as a boy, and departed the farm to join the military under the name “Robert Marshall”. By spring of 1940, Cynthia and her new unit were shipped out to Egypt to join the North African Front.
In June of that year in Egypt, a special forces unit was formed of New Zealander volunteers: the Long Range Desert Group. Cynthia was one of those volunteers. The premise was simple; a light fast-attack squad to harass enemy supply lines. She fought in the LRDG for over 2 years, serving as sharpshooter, spotter, machine-gunner, driver, and guide as needed; harassing the Italians and later Rommel’s Afrika Korps. However, in September of 1942, the LRDG raided Barce and a nearby airfield during Operation Caravan. In the ensuing engagement, Cynthia was struck in the leg. When she was admitted to a field hospital after the successful conclusion of the raid, the fact that she was a woman was revealed. She was honorably discharged shortly thereafter. After her discharge from the Eighth Army, she was approached by Shadcom with an offer to join a unit after her former CO recommended her.
Psychological Profile: Cynthia’s passion bubbles very near to the surface. Perhaps a bit overconfident, and prone to a bit of theatrics (partly the reason she got shot; she was quite the target with all her waving and shouting), she nonetheless is competent enough. She is intensely loyal, first to her brother, second to her unit, and third to Crown and Country. Not especially religious, but disregards magic in favor of conventional means that she believes are more reliable.
Why do you fight?: To serve the Crown and New Zealand, but also to try to find her brother.
Defining Quote: “It’s gone balls-up, but bugger it, keep firing!”
RP Sample: Chapter One.
N U T S !

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:19 am

Fascist Republic Of Bermuda wrote:Heard more minor Allied nationalities were needed, so here's somebody from Wales-in-the-South-Pacific New Zealand.

Name: Cynthia Marshall
D.O.B.: May 20th, 1914
Physical Description and/or Picture: Chur cuz
Species: Human (Mundane)
Nationality: New Zealander
Ethnicity: Pākehā (that is, European New Zealander)
Religion: Anglican
Bio: Cynthia Marshall was born on the South Island on a sheep ranch, a family property dating back to 1850. The Marshall family’s celebrating ended quickly. In June 1914, the Great War broke out, bringing New Zealand as a Dominion of the British Empire into the war. Cynthia’s father enlisted to serve for King and Country. In early 1915, the unit Cynthia’s father was in departed to participate in the Great War. Specifically, the troopships departed to Gallipoli. By December, right around Christmas, Cynthia’s father returned to the ranch. Missing one leg, blown off by an Ottoman shell in the failed offensive.
With her father crippled, Cynthia was almost raised by her older brother four years her senior. As Cynthia grew, the two did everything together. When they were young, they played together, disobeyed their mother together, and went to school together. As they grew older, their responsibilities turned to maintaining the ranch, caring for the sheep, and exploring the countryside. They stayed close into adulthood. They became avid hunters, Cynthia using an old Martini-Henry that had been in the family for generations, while her brother used a substantially newer Browning Auto-5.
However, the growing shadow of crisis in Europe eventually exploded into full-out war. On 3 September 1939, New Zealand declared war on Nazi Germany. A week later, Cynthia’s brother signed up for the military to their father’s chagrin. After a heartfelt goodbye, he was shipped first to training and then to Europe. A couple of months later, Cynthia couldn’t just sit and tend to the sheep. She cut her hair short, dressed herself up as a boy, and departed the farm to join the military under the name “Robert Marshall”. By spring of 1940, Cynthia and her new unit were shipped out to Egypt to join the North African Front.
In June of that year in Egypt, a special forces unit was formed of New Zealander volunteers: the Long Range Desert Group. Cynthia was one of those volunteers. The premise was simple; a light fast-attack squad to harass enemy supply lines. She fought in the LRDG for over 2 years, serving as sharpshooter, spotter, machine-gunner, driver, and guide as needed; harassing the Italians and later Rommel’s Afrika Korps. However, in September of 1942, the LRDG raided Barce and a nearby airfield during Operation Caravan. In the ensuing engagement, Cynthia was struck in the leg. When she was admitted to a field hospital after the successful conclusion of the raid, the fact that she was a woman was revealed. She was honorably discharged shortly thereafter. After her discharge from the Eighth Army, she was approached by Shadcom with an offer to join a unit after her former CO recommended her.
Psychological Profile: Cynthia’s passion bubbles very near to the surface. Perhaps a bit overconfident, and prone to a bit of theatrics (partly the reason she got shot; she was quite the target with all her waving and shouting), she nonetheless is competent enough. She is intensely loyal, first to her brother, second to her unit, and third to Crown and Country. Not especially religious, but disregards magic in favor of conventional means that she believes are more reliable.
Why do you fight?: To serve the Crown and New Zealand, but also to try to find her brother.
Defining Quote: “It’s gone balls-up, but bugger it, keep firing!”
RP Sample: Chapter One.

ACcepted.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:21 pm

Excited to see this back, and will be reading and (hopefully) participating soonest. This landed during a bit of a time-crunch for me as I'm pushing through a mess of other stuff, so I can't say anything'll come from me for a while, but I'll be keeping up as I can and rumble in, should it be alright, when I can.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:50 pm

Occupied Deutschland wrote:Excited to see this back, and will be reading and (hopefully) participating soonest. This landed during a bit of a time-crunch for me as I'm pushing through a mess of other stuff, so I can't say anything'll come from me for a while, but I'll be keeping up as I can and rumble in, should it be alright, when I can.

Patton's back!
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:54 pm

Occupied Deutschland wrote:Excited to see this back, and will be reading and (hopefully) participating soonest. This landed during a bit of a time-crunch for me as I'm pushing through a mess of other stuff, so I can't say anything'll come from me for a while, but I'll be keeping up as I can and rumble in, should it be alright, when I can.

Yay! Good to see you back.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:33 pm

Get on Discord.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:26 am

Kassaran wrote:Player Character App (Shadow Ops Operative)

Name: Jerome Paul Gasteaux
D.O.B.: March 4, 1916
Physical Description and/or Picture: Taken just off of his families restored plantation in Georgia, prior to World War II.
Species: Human
Nationality: French-American
Ethnicity: European/Caucasian
Religion: Orthodox Templar
Powers/Magical Specializations: Knight
Bio: Jerome Paul Gasteau was born to two members of the Franco-American population in the American South, more specifically Georgia. Raised from a young age in rather traditionalist studies, Jerome was ultimately unaware of the Mascarade until he was eighteen -the summer of 1939- when all hell broke loose in England and his family began to get worried. It was long since a known fact among his family that he was the last in a line of potential heirs for the title of Chosen Hand of the Weyland Blade, Durendal, but he'd not yet been tested. By 1940, the trials had been set up and Jerome was finally introduced to the world of the New World Order of the Knights of the Temple of Solomon... better known colloquially as the Knights Templar.

As he passed each trial set before him, he was allowed to bond with the Enchanted Blade Durendal, and likewise approached a level of synchronicity with it not known since the advent of its original wielder Roland, the legendary French Paladin of Charlemagne. In the aftermath of the Pearl Harbor ambush and the onset of US involvement in WWII, it became obvious that the old order would once again be called upon to defend its ancestral homeland against the ancient threats it once fought. With the Order at his back, supporting the new Chosen Hand of Durendal, he has been given the ancient Blade and all the responsibility that comes with it. More so, rumors of armor once worn by the Paladins of Charlemagne are to be recovered from crypts across the New World, hidden many years ago in the wake of the Templar Diaspora. Now the old lion rears its head, as young blood is destined to lead the ancient order, to help liberate the land of his fathers, and to destroy the forces that would see it serve evil. Now is the time for the Templars to fight.

Psychological Profile: Selected by the family Gasteaux to be the wielder of the blade, he is the final hope for the Templars to once again regain their former glory and with it he has developed a degree of self-entitlement and complacency to certain hardships. The last in a long line of descendants of the legendary French Paladin Roland, he is seen to be the only one worthy to wield Durendal, but it has been noted that the blade can even turn on its wielders. Many have proclaimed its dissatisfaction with certain chosen and even more have been struck down in its annoyance and anger. By comparison, Jerome has only been cut once, a mild sliver of a scratch because he mishandled the blade in an inspection. Hardly grounds for something considered to be chronic, but definitely significant given the near lethal results more practiced Templars have had with the blade. In the end, it has been determined Jerome is a confident, duty-bound soldier, loyal to family and creed, and most importantly of all, willing to risk everything to protect the homeland which would have seen his forefathers hunted and slain.

Known in his childhood for being the chivalrous type, he was raised on traditional Southern family values, and while he withholds a deceptively French accent, let it be known his mannerisms and lexicon of choice are American, his semi-fluent state in the French language goes back only enough to converse with Durendal on the battlefield and to give it orders. Beyond that he is quite illiterate in the French language. His devotion to his studies has always come second to his love for swordsmanship and it appears his love for his blade also extends to something reminiscent of the ancient warriors of the Crusades and back. Whether it be for good or bad, he will always stand beside Durendal and rise up to any occasion he deems worthy of his attention, which is nothing short of saying any and all fights he could join in, regardless of restriction.

Why do you fight?: Set to retake his order's homeland (France), he stands for the Gasteaux Family Name, the name of the Templar Order, and most of all he stands for the fighting spirit of the French and the indomitable will of his Blade, Durendal.

Defining Quote: "Durendal! Venir!"

RP Sample: I believe I'm rather quite well-known, and I've provided one already, must I provide another?

Changes made, the armor is coming, but has not yet arrived. He's got the clothes on his back, a wrap for Durendal, and a willingness to get stuck in.
Last edited by Kassaran on Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:24 pm

To be implemented upgrade to the Iron Weasel Universal Carrier.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:04 pm

Name: Jean Leopold Emmanuel Beyens
D.O.B.: 23rd of June, 1918
Physical Description and/or Picture:

Species: Mundane human
Nationality: Austrian
Ethnicity: European
Religion (if any): devout follower of the Roman Catholic church
Powers/Magical Specializations (Only if Mage, Witch or Esper): -
Bio: Jean was born into the wealthy "Beyens" dynasty on their Estate in East Flanders. His father had participated in the great war as a communications officer in Belgium's tiny army. Émile Beyens served with the 3rd artillery regiment stationed in Liège, and witnessed the German shelling of the city. He got wounded during the attack, and lived out most of the war on his estate under German occupation. His 3rd son, Jean, was eventually born in the summer of 1918. Jean was a modest child, showing sings of justice and honesty during his early years. Although Jean didn't hear any stories about it, he understood from a young age onwards that the Liège bombardment had taken a heavy toll on his father. His family was a chaotic one, with Émile beating up his wife, Jean being the only son in a catholic family, and the entire dynasty nearly collapsing due to Émile and his wife having but one son. Jean started disliking "The Hun" from a young age. It was popular to hate the Germans, and the he'd frequently listen to stories portraying the Teutons as barbarians and uncivilised brutes, marching into villages and enslaving the women. This anti-German sentiment has been stalking him for his entire childhood, and the resentment to anything German was also a reason why Jean enlisted to be in the Belgian army.

When he eventually did enlist, he was 17 years of age. His father had reluctantly allowed him to enter the military, and because of his prestigious family background, Jean started training at a military academy near Bruges. He was eventually drafted to fight as a second lieutenant at the age of 21 when the war broke out. Jean did what he could, but eventually lost more than a quarter of his troop during a German air raid. His platoon eventually reached the Westerschelde bay from which they set off to England. His post as a commanding officer was respected and recognized by his new British supervisors, and he was assigned to the 2nd Fusilier Battalion under collective command of the famous brigadier general Jean-Baptiste Piron.

Jean witnessed the "Blitz", the strategic firebombing of British cities and industrial quarters by the Germans. His garrison even saw some action after aerial observatories spotted Heinkel bombers above British soil. The bombers weren't targeting Jean's position, so he felt relieved after the bombers passed him by. With his time in South-east England, Beyens got loads of war correspondence. He heard of the German attack on Russia, of British attempts to clean the Mediterranean, or even about the battle of the Atlantic. He didn't lose his enthusiasm, and decided to fight on. In early 1942, Jean got the chance to volunteer to be in a parachute regiment. His request was approved, and he was reassigned to the Belgian Independent Parachute Company, rapidly climbing the ladder to succes. He assisted his commanding officer, Captain Edouard Blondeel. He trained with Belgian companions at Inverlochy Castle, a prominent parachute academy for European commando troops located in Scotland. He hasn't been ordered elsewhere, so he's still stationedin Inverlochy castle, testing tactics and weapons.

Psychological Profile: Jean is an optimist at heart, hoping the find light in the darkest situations. The gruesome war that he's seen on Flander's fields and above England haven't knocked him down, and he's genuinely believed in a stern victory over the nazi's. Jean was raised in an aristocratic Christian household, and adopted catholic teachings from a young age. This religion shaped his identity in a way that Jean reacts very preserved towards non-catholics, and especially to non-Christians. He's been taught to block out strangers to his pillarized ideas, and he does that occasionally.
Why do you fight?: To preserve freedom in Western Europe, especially Belgium, and to reinstall king Leopold III.
Defining Quote: "Eendracht maakt macht" ("Unity makes Strength")
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=438552, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=437224, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=435171
Last edited by Vrijstaat Limburg on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: 8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.74

AmericanValues results

My personal voting record:
- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR
DOT JET JOTS VEUR ET VOADERLAN

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:57 pm

Kassaran wrote:
Kassaran wrote:Player Character App (Shadow Ops Operative)

Name: Jerome Paul Gasteaux
D.O.B.: March 4, 1916
Physical Description and/or Picture: Taken just off of his families restored plantation in Georgia, prior to World War II.
Species: Human
Nationality: French-American
Ethnicity: European/Caucasian
Religion: Orthodox Templar
Powers/Magical Specializations: Knight
Bio: Jerome Paul Gasteau was born to two members of the Franco-American population in the American South, more specifically Georgia. Raised from a young age in rather traditionalist studies, Jerome was ultimately unaware of the Mascarade until he was eighteen -the summer of 1939- when all hell broke loose in England and his family began to get worried. It was long since a known fact among his family that he was the last in a line of potential heirs for the title of Chosen Wielder of the Blade of Durendal, but he'd not yet been tested. By 1940, the trials had been set up and Jerome was finally introduced to the world of the New World Order of the Knights of the Temple of Solomon... better known colloquially as the Knights Templar.

As he passed each trial set before him, he was allowed to bond with the Enchanted Blade Durendal, and likewise approached a level of synchronicity with it not known since the advent of its originally wielder Roland, the legendary French Paladin of Charlemagne. In the aftermath of the Pearl Harbor ambush and the onset of US involvement in WWII, it became obvious that the old order would once again be called upon to defend its ancestral homeland against the ancient threats it once battled. With the Order at his back, supporting the new Chosen, he has been outfitted with top-tier armor, brought up from the crypts in the New World, hidden many years ago in the wake of the Templar Diaspora during the waxing years of the French Revolution. Now it is time for the old lion to rear its head, and for the ancient order to gain a hold in the world that had forsaken it, to help liberate France from the forces that would see it serve evil. Now is the time for the Templars to fight.

Psychological Profile: Selected by the family Gasteaux to be the wielder of the blade, he was the final hope for the Templars to once again regain their former glory. The last in a long line of descendants of the legendary French Paladin Roland, he is seen to be the only one worthy to wield Durendal, but it has been noted that the blade can even turn on its wielders. Many have proclaimed its dissatisfaction with certain chosen and even more have been struck down in its annoyance and anger. By comparison, Jerome has only been cut once, a mild sliver of a scratch because he mishandled the blade in an inspection. Hardly grounds for something considered to be chronic, but definitely significant given the near lethal results more practiced Templars have had with the blade. In the end, it has been determined Jerome is a duty-bound soldier, loyal to family and creed and willing to risk everything to stand up for his Family name.

Known in his childhood for being the chivalrous type, he was raised on traditional Southern family values, and while he withholds a deceptively French accent, let it be known his mannerisms and lexicon of choice are American, his semi-fluent state in the French language goes back only enough to converse with Durendal on the battlefield and to give it orders. Beyond that he is quite illiterate in the French language. His devotion to his studies has always come second to his love for swordsmanship and it appears his love for his blade also extends to something reminiscent of the ancient warriors of the Crusades and back. Whether it be for good or bad, he will always stand beside Durendal and rise up to any occasion he deems worthy of his attention, which is nothing short of saying any and all fights he could join in, regardless of restriction.

Why do you fight?: Set to retake his order's homeland (France), he stands for the Gasteaux Family Name, the name of the Templar Order, and most of all he stands for the fighting spirit of the French and the indomitable will of his Blade, Durendal.

Defining Quote: "Durendal! COME!"

RP Sample: I believe I'm rather quite well-known, and I've provided one already, must I provide another?

There will be changes made, but I'm pulling back out this guy for hopes of being accepted in. There will be some changes, such as he will no longer be fielding armor with the blade (there is armor, but it likely won't be brought over all at once. There is a likewise attunement process he must undergo as the armor isn't to protect him from harm, but to help him further control Durendal).

Accepted.

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:Player Character App (Shadow Ops Operative)

D.O.B.: 23rd of June, 1923

Bio: Jean was born into the wealthy "Beyens" dynasty on their Estate in East Flanders. His father had participated in the great war as a communications officer in Belgium's tiny army. Émile Beyens served with the 3rd artillery regiment stationed in Liège, and witnessed the German shelling of the city. Although Jean didn't hear any stories about it, he understood from a young age onwards that the Liège bombardment had taken a heavy toll on his father. His family was a chaotic one, with Émile beating up his wife, Jean being the only son in a catholic family, and the entire dynasty nearly collapsing due to Émile and his wife having but one son. Jean started disliking "The Hun" from a young age. It was popular to hate the Germans, and the he'd frequently listen to stories portraying the Teutons as barbarians and uncivilised brutes, marching into villages and enslaving the women. This anti-German sentiment has been stalking him for his entire childhood, and the resentment to anything German was also a reason why Jean enlisted to be in the Belgian army.

When he eventually did enlist, he was 17 years of age. His father had reluctantly allowed him to enter the military, and because of his prestigious family background, Jean started his training as a second lieutenant, commanding men who were older, stronger and wiser than he was. It was going to be a tough job, but Jean did what he could, and he succesfully led his platoon around the Germans, eventually reaching the Westerschelde bay from which they set off to England. His post as a commanding officer was respected and recognized by his new British supervisors, and he was assigned to the 2nd Fusilier Battalion under collective command of the famous general Jean-Baptiste Piron.

Jean witnessed the "Blitz", the strategic firebombing of British cities and industrial quarters by the Germans. His garrison even saw some action after aerial observatories spotted Heinkel bombers above British soil. The bombers weren't targeting Jean's position, so he felt relieved after the bombers passed him by. With his time in South-east England, Beyens got loads of war correspondence. He heard of the German attack on Russia, of British attempts to clean the Mediterranean, or even about the battle of the Atlantic. He didn't lose his enthusiasm, and decided to fight on. In early 1942, Jean got the chance to volunteer to be in a parachute regiment. His request was approved, and he was reassigned to the Belgian Independent Parachute Company, rapidly climbing the ladder to succes. He assisted his commanding officer, Captain Edouard Blondeel. He trained with Belgian companions at Inverlochy Castle, a prominent parachute academy for European commando troops. He's now stationedin Inverlochy castle, drilling his platoon and awaiting orders.

Psychological Profile: Jean is an optimist at heart, hoping the find light in the darkest situations. The gruesome war that he's seen on Flander's fields and above England haven't knocked him down, and he's genuinely believed in a stern victory over the nazi's. Jean was raised in an aristocratic Christian household, and adopted catholic teachings from a young age. This religion shaped his identity in a way that Jean reacts very preserved towards non-catholics, and especially to non-Christians. He's been taught to block out strangers to his pillarized ideas, and he does that occasionally.
Why do you fight?: To preserve freedom in Western Europe, especially Belgium, and to reinstall king Leopold III.
RP Sample: My internet's bugging out and I'm very busy at the moment - I'll add this in if it's absolutely necessary.

Yeah, I'd need an RP sample. Also I think you should correct the nationality & being a 17 year old commanding officer seems quite a bit weird.

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:08 am

D.O.B.: 23rd of June, 1918

Bio: Jean was born into the wealthy "Beyens" dynasty on their Estate in East Flanders. His father had participated in the great war as a communications officer in Belgium's tiny army. Émile Beyens served with the 3rd artillery regiment stationed in Liège, and witnessed the German shelling of the city. He got wounded during the attack, and lived out most of the war on his estate under German occupation. His 3rd son, Jean, was eventually born in the summer of 1918. Jean was a modest child, showing sings of justice and honesty during his early years. Although Jean didn't hear any stories about it, he understood from a young age onwards that the Liège bombardment had taken a heavy toll on his father. His family was a chaotic one, with Émile beating up his wife, Jean being the only son in a catholic family, and the entire dynasty nearly collapsing due to Émile and his wife having but one son. Jean started disliking "The Hun" from a young age. It was popular to hate the Germans, and the he'd frequently listen to stories portraying the Teutons as barbarians and uncivilised brutes, marching into villages and enslaving the women. This anti-German sentiment has been stalking him for his entire childhood, and the resentment to anything German was also a reason why Jean enlisted to be in the Belgian army.

When he eventually did enlist, he was 17 years of age. His father had reluctantly allowed him to enter the military, and because of his prestigious family background, Jean started training at a military academy near Bruges. He was eventually drafted to fight as a second lieutenant at the age of 21 when the war broke out. Jean did what he could, but eventually lost more than a quarter of his troop during a German air raid. His platoon eventually reached the Westerschelde bay from which they set off to England. His post as a commanding officer was respected and recognized by his new British supervisors, and he was assigned to the 2nd Fusilier Battalion under collective command of the famous brigadier general Jean-Baptiste Piron.

Jean witnessed the "Blitz", the strategic firebombing of British cities and industrial quarters by the Germans. His garrison even saw some action after aerial observatories spotted Heinkel bombers above British soil. The bombers weren't targeting Jean's position, so he felt relieved after the bombers passed him by. With his time in South-east England, Beyens got loads of war correspondence. He heard of the German attack on Russia, of British attempts to clean the Mediterranean, or even about the battle of the Atlantic. He didn't lose his enthusiasm, and decided to fight on. In early 1942, Jean got the chance to volunteer to be in a parachute regiment. His request was approved, and he was reassigned to the Belgian Independent Parachute Company, rapidly climbing the ladder to succes. He assisted his commanding officer, Captain Edouard Blondeel. He trained with Belgian companions at Inverlochy Castle, a prominent parachute academy for European commando troops located in Scotland. He hasn't been ordered elsewhere, so he's still stationedin Inverlochy castle, testing tactics and weapons.

RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=438552, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=437224, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=435171

AmericanValues results

- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:39 am

Fix your bolding man.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:49 am

Lunas Legion wrote:Fix your bolding man.

The "bolding" is not my work, I'm simply following the application code.

AmericanValues results

FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:54 am

Agritum wrote:Player Character App (Shadow Ops Operative)

Name: Abraham "Abe" Van Helsing II
D.O.B.: 10th February 1917
Physical Description and/or Picture: Redhead.
Species (if Human, specify if Mundane, Mage, Witch, Minuteman or Esper): Mundane Human
Nationality: British
Ethnicity: Anglo-Dutch
Religion (if any): Roman Catholic, in theory.
Powers/Magical Specializations (Only if Mage, Witch or Esper): N/A
Bio: If you're deeply embroiled with the occult and have never heard the name Van Helsing, it's probably time to re-evaluate your knowledge of the other side of the Masquerade. A generational clan of vampire hunters, the Van Helsings hold their heritage in the Netherlands, where they had been in activity since the 17th Century. The vampire-hunting tradition of the Helsings first started when patriarch Jan Van Helsing, an esteemed military leader in the independence war against Spain, in which he fought in spite of his Catholicism, witnessed disturbing happenings on the battlefields which eerily resembled the unsettling folkloristic lore and tall tales he had heard from Bohemian and Russian merchants back in the day: after particularly bloody battles, shadowy individuals would descend upon the abandoned battlefield, and seemingly feast on the blood of dead soldiers and peasants, biting corpses on their neck, some of which proceeded to stand up and shamble away in the distance. Troubled and obsessed by such horrific visions, Jan and his men eventually recovered a cache of ancient books from a captured Spanish stronghold, which included several secret texts made by the Inquisition which detailed encounters with and attempts to exorcise or interrogate these beings known as "vampires". Using the knowledge gained from the books, Jan and a maniple of trusted soldiers seeked out the lairs where the nocturnal voltures dwelled, and when they came in contact with their sleeping forms, Jan himself staked their hearts and cut off their heads before burning the remains, as he had learned from the book.

After the war had been won, Jan returned home and began to discreetly but stubbornly try to divulge his discoveries, only to be thought of as a madman or as a veteran who had suffered from too much shellshock in his career. Not refusing to back down in his personal crusade against the creatures which apparently preyed on men while hiding in their midsts, Jan began training his sons and some trusted friends and colleagues in the vampire-killing arts. In the ensuring years, Jan's descendants generated a small scale exodus of vampires from the zone, tacitly welcomed by the Magi Lodges of Batavia, which covertly aided the efforts of the hunter clan. The Van Helsings also entered the service of the Catholic church for a sizeable period, protecting its influence in the Netherlands from supernatural threats. Even then, the clan became influent only in Holland itself and in neary provinces.

The start of the Enligthenment age would however gradually weaken the influence of the clan: with less vampires to hunt, and with the public and the establishment growingly becoming hostile to superstitions and the belief in the supernatural, the Van Helsing's own credibility began to dwindle, up until they retired from any hunting endeavours in the last quarter of the century. Their hunting records and knowledge locked in the family vault, the Van Helsing would resume being an upper middle class, mundane Dutch dynasty, up until the late 19th Century, when it lived an absurd resurgence thanks to the incident known as the "Harker Affair".

In 1892, English solicitor Jonathan Harker was unknowingly tricked by Count Vlad Dracul A.K.A. , recognized as one of the most ancient and influential Vampire Counts of Europe, into travelling to his castle in Transylvania to negotiate his acquisition of a sizeable estate in London. After taking Harker prisoner, Dracula travellled to London, planning to silently take over Britain by creating a numerous net of vampire children to infiltrate in the British high society. In doing so, he became entranced with Harker's fianceè Mina Murray, and in an effort to get closer to her, the Count vampirized Murray's close friend and confidant Lucy Westenra. Lucy's suitor Arthur Holmwood, worried about her quickly decaying health followed by her sudden disappearance, called in the help of an old mentor: Dutch professor, doctor and lawyer Abraham Van Helsing.

Relying on the arcane knowledge contained in his family vault, Van Helsing quickly recognized Westenra's condition and sudden apparent death as the symptoms of a vampiric embrace. After taking down a vampiric Lucy, Van Helsing succesfully led a returned Harker and Westenra's former suitors into a campaign to destroy the various lairs and vampiric offsprings which Count Dracula had disseminated in London, and eventually chased him and a kidnapped Mina to Vlad's castle in Romania, where after a pitched battle against Dracul's ghouls and terrifying wives, Van Helsing finally put him to eternal rest with the aid of Jonathan Harker and the American Quincey Morris, who was mortally wounded during the confrontation.

News of Dracula's death sent a ripple through the occult underground of Europe, as the vampiric covens descended into power struggles to take up the void left by the demise of the Son of the Dragon, and the Great Lodge of Albion approved to Helsing's actions, eventually making contact with him and offering him support in other endeavours of his fledgling vampire killing career. Embarking on an half religious, half-political crusade against the most fearsome and ruthless Vampire Counts of Europe, Van Helsing travelled the whole continent accompanied by his young adult son Robert, while training him into the skills of a perfect hunter, just like his ancestor Jan had done to his sons. After Abraham's death in the late 1900s, a grown up Robert would continue his father's enterprise, while toning down their scope by a bit (Abraham had attracted the ire of various vampires with his all out campaigns of purge). Partially transferring his home estate to Britain, Robert would go on to travel around the entire world, this time exerting a much more moderate brand of anti-vampiric justice, hitting only known vampiric murderes and also conducting paranormal research in various exotic localities. He would be soon joined by his child Abraham II, who would tag along with him since an early age.

Abe lived a lively if a bit too dynamic childhood, which was sharply ended when his father sent him to boarding school in the UK after growing too much worried of the risks of bringing his young son along for dangerous adventures. Abe's stay in Britain would be also charactized by his first encounters with the Grand Lodge of Albion and his members, which had always been quite close to the Dutch-borne Van Helsings. He would soon be joined by his adoptive sister Elektra, the daughter of the prestigious Von Himmeltor family of German Magi, famous for their mastery of gate magic and their open dissidence towards the growingly pro-Nazi Germania Lodge, who had been sent to the Van Helsing family as a protegè. After ending school, Abe would join his father again in the Netherlands, receive further training and depart in other voyages to exotic places, only to understand that he probably preferred finishing his studies rather than keep up grandpa's legacy and lifestyle of vampire hunting.

After graduating in Biology at Cambridge, Abraham was eventually invited to work in a Lodge Albion Academy as a researcher and adjutant professor in Cryptobiology and Occult History, partly due to his merit, partly due to the importance of his family, and partly due to having to accompany Elektra in her further magical studies. However, Abraham's period of bliss would soon come to be marred by the rapid precipitation of hostilities in Europe, which ended with the annexation of the Netherlands and the loss of Abraham's ancestral estate, and the mysterious disappearance of Robert Van Helsing during an expedition to Tibet, allegedly on a mission for SoE. Left alone in Britain with Elektra, Abraham was clueless on what to do.

Soon, SoE came knocking on the door for him too. The Baker Street men told the new de facto head of the Van Helsing family that his expertise and knowledge of the supernatural and of vampires in particular was vital for the allied war effort, and that he would've fared well into one of the newly created Shadow Ops teams. Elektra too was enrolled by the program, with the promise that, unlike Abe, she would've never been deployed on the frontlines.

Grudgingly understading the situation, Abraham couldn't do anything but pack up and go to London.
Psychological Profile: Abraham is a tranquil, or some would say meek, individual who certainly prefers intellectual pursuits and an humble but wise lifestyle to a life of costant peril and the excitement deriving from it. Even then, his loyalty to his family and friends is unquestionable, and it is capable of unleashing his usually hidden bravery. Due to his peculiar status as a mundane who is almost perfectly integrated with the world of the occult, Abraham has got quite unique, progressive perspectives on the mutual co-existence of the species of the world, including a fairly tolerant of vampires and werewolf that is much uncommon among hunters. He understands that violence is necessary to win the war, but prefers to take cautious approach both before and during an armed struggle. Sometimes, Abe can come off as a bit of an eggheaded geek.
Why do you fight?: "Dad once said to me: 'The good Lord gives us his gifts, with which we can either bring good of evil upon his earthly realm. If one takes the former path, he's giving his talents and will in service of something that, as vain or fruitless as it could seem, is the essence of the Christian spirit'. Now, I'm not as practising as he was but I can certainly....share the message, I'd guess."
Defining Quote: "I shouldn't fear those things. Dad trained me to fight them, I studied how they live and die in university, and Elektra would probably make fun of me if she discovered how...scared I currently am. Oh, gosh."
RP Sample: Well...

This is OPs application. I didn't get anything wrong. I'm not going to bother changing it.

AmericanValues results

FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:40 am

Nah, he's right Lunas.
I was also surprised with the code when I read it and then later just added in all the [ b][ /b]
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:46 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:

Nah, he's right Lunas.
I was also surprised with the code when I read it and then later judt added in all the [ b][ /b]

Wait, really?

Huh. I guess I'm just so used to only the original stuff being bolded and everything else not being bolded. My bad.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:55 am

Lunas Legion wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Nah, he's right Lunas.
I was also surprised with the code when I read it and then later judt added in all the [ b][ /b]

Wait, really?

Huh. I guess I'm just so used to only the original stuff being bolded and everything else not being bolded. My bad.

All good, no worries :)

AmericanValues results

FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:36 am

Bump for apps.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:24 am

I command this thread to rise from the grave!

Name: Dmitry Dmitryevich Zhdanov / Дмитрий Дмитриевич Жданов. Nickname Dima.
D.O.B.: January 6th, 1918
Physical Description and/or Picture: Height - 6'1"; Picture - This, just with white hair instead of golden due to the side-effects of the ESPer program.
Species: Экстрасенсо́рик / ESPer
Nationality: Soviet
Ethnicity: Russian
Religion: Openly atheist, as is expected of a good Soviet citizen.
Powers/Magical Specializations:
  • Psychic Constructs: As an ESPer, Dmitry specializes in the ability to create tangible extensions of his mind and psionic abilities, such as various shapes, psionic shields, weapons, constructions, etc. As they are creations of his mind, they are not subject to forces such as gravity, nor do they have any weight, although they contact with other physical objects normally. Though, in theory, the versatility of this power means that the only limit to it is his imagination, in reality, other physical limits apply. For one, the more complicated a construct is, the more stamina and focus it requires and the longer it requires to create, leaving him vulnerable. Creating city-sized or continent-sized constructs is also way out of his league, even building-sized ones are a problem. Still. Pretty useful.
Bio: Dmitry Dmitryevich Zhdanov was born in the city of Veliky Novgorod on Orthodox Christmas of the year 1918, to the family of a proud Red Guard, also named Dmitry (as you can tell from his patronymic), one of the many followers of Vladimir Lenin who participated in the July Days and the October Revolution. Young Dmitry was born in the midst of the chaos of the Russian Civil War and thus generated plenty of trouble for his parents - however, he did not remember any of that, not the battles with the White forces, not the years of War Communism, mass requisitioning of food and widespread famine, not his father's death somewhere in the depths of Northern Caucasus, where he remains in an unmarked grave to this day.

No, all Dmitry remembers is the Soviet Union and all the optimism and promises of a bright tomorrow that came with it. Though his mother's widow pension was nothing extraordinary, the fact that her husband used to be a loyal Bolshevik meant that their life was actually pretty nice - quite a lot better than the starving peasants in the Volga region or the thousands being sent to the first concentration camps in Solovki, that's for sure. Dmitry was one of the first members of the Young Pioneers organization, joining at the age of nine as expected, starting his path of indoctrination into the Soviet ideology. The young boy's years of membership in the Pioneers were marked by important changes across the Soviet Union - Stalin had established himself as the undisputed dictator of the massive nation, the first Five Year Plan had begun, and with this, the introduction of the tenets of the New Soviet Man. Work harder, work smarter, and all for the Communist Party! Dmitry, already a supporter of the Soviet regime, was growing completely enamored.

However, that's not to say that he was a blind follower, a part of the grey mass that the Soviet society was turning into. He was doing his best to become that New Soviet Man, too. Dmitry's academic success was staggering, he was consistently ranked as among the most hardworking and competent Pioneers in the Novgorod region, and his teachers even took a liking at calling him "the little Stakhanov of Novgorod". (Alexey Stakhanov was one of the first Soviet citizens to be pushed through the Esper program due to his high Kirlian aura even by Esper standards, and as a publicity stunt, he was given a single shift in a Donbass coal mine and mined over 200 tons of coal by the end. He was also one of Dmitry's idols). This didn't just draw the interest of his fellow students and teachers - the NKVD, while screening the Pioneers in Novgorod region, caught notice of Dmitry's unnaturally high Kirlian aura, designating him (without his knowledge) as a candidate for the Esper program. This candidacy ended up approved when the target turned 18.

It wasn't hard to remove Dmitry from the Zhdanov home - all that was needed was to inform his single mother that her prized son has received a grant to study in the prestigious Leningrad State University - and thus, five years of training, testing and experimentation in the Esper program began. In a secret facility in the closed research city of Pushchino, Dmitry and about 100 other recruits were slowly, but surely, grinded into loyal psionic warriors of the people. Even here, however, Dmitry found ways to stand out - for one, there was little the NKVD had to do to indoctrinate the young man into Marxism-Leninism, as he had practically indoctrinated himself. Though he definitely did not lack the willpower usually present in Espers, the difference was that his willpower was directed towards serving the Union rather than finding ways to oppose it.

As expected of Espers, Dmitry was required to take up on gymnastics, defense arts and combat training as well as on some sort of scientific field to keep both his mind and his body as sharp as a blade. The young man chose rocketry, owing to his childhood and teenage fascination with aeronautics just like millions of his fellow Soviet children. It turned out to be useful in combat, too - generating small psionic rickets soon became one of his favorite way of employing his psychic construct powers.

After five years of training were complete, Dmitry's trial by fire, alongside a platoon of other Espers, was the Battle of Moscow.

Preparing for war was exciting, but war itself was hell. People dying every minute, shivering and collapsing in the deep cold of the Russian November. Vril-operated German weaponry easily ripping through entire brigades of Soviet conscripts without as much as slowing down, the only things able to stand against them toe-to-toe being the Red Army's own bizarre superpowered weaponry and their psionic warriors. And that's just what the average soldier would have to experience - imagine what an Esper, a soldier designated for countering the supernatural that the Wehrmacht employed, would have seen. Knowing that any minute, any second now, you could end up smeared against the nearest wall, was taxing even for an Esper, and this battle, lasting for months, began to lay the first cracks in Dmitry's generally consistent personality. Every single comrade he would witness ripped apart fueled his bloodlust against the German invaders more and more, striking at his initially flawless discipline.

By the end of the defense of Moscow and the subsequent counterattacks, half of Dmitry's platoon was dead and the other half wounded either physically and emotionally. Although they couldn't compare to the exploits of Ivan Panfilov's Esper Guardsmen (a widely publicized, though not actually confirmed story of 28 Espers led by Ivan Panfilov, who were faced with 54 Vril-powered tanks alone, shot two of their comrades who wished to surrender and ended up taking out 18 of the enemy before dying to the last), the NKVD designated them as a success. The first half of 1942 saw reorganization in his platoon. Dmitry was assigned out of it and chosen for a different task in the war, while the rest of his fire-forged comrades were assigned to Operation Uranus, which would later be known in the West as the Battle of Stalingrad.

What happened to Dmitry, then? As an Esper with high potential and a satisfactory battle showing, he was assigned to the multinational Shadow Ops organization to represent the Soviet Union, fight alongside their allies in missions against the Axis worldwide and maybe, just maybe, get a clue on what the Allied supernatural capabilities are.

A new page in Dmitry's life is about to begin.
Psychological Profile: Dmitry lives his life to fulfill the ideals of the New Soviet Man. To be selfless, learned, healthy, disciplined and enthusiastic to spread the socialist revolution. To not be driven by crude impulses of nature, but by conscious self-mastery. Though he puts a lot of effort in achieving that and has been hailed by his commanders as a good example to their other men, sometimes cracks do show up in his facade - especially after his experiences in the Great Patriotic War, which filled him with fury towards anything German, even if the New Soviet Man ideal would shun the thought of being commanded by emotion and instead demand discipline.
Why do you fight?: "For the glory of the Soviet Union, the defense of the Rodina against the fascist reactionary menace and for carrying the torch of the socialist revolution!"
Defining Quote: "I have sacrificed so much blood and so many lives for the Rodina that I can't just draw a line in the sand and call it a day."
RP Sample: I can post the moment when my character kissed Agri's in a truth or dare game in another RP, would that count?
Last edited by Finland SSR on Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:49 am

Finland SSR wrote:I command this thread to rise from the grave!

Name: Dmitry Dmitryevich Zhdanov / Дмитрий Дмитриевич Жданов. Nickname Dima.
D.O.B.: January 6th, 1918
Physical Description and/or Picture: Height - 6'1"; Picture - This, just with white hair instead of golden due to the side-effects of the ESPer program.
Species: Экстрасенсо́рик / ESPer
Nationality: Soviet
Ethnicity: Russian
Religion: Openly atheist, as is expected of a good Soviet citizen.
Powers/Magical Specializations:
  • Psychic Constructs: As an ESPer, Dmitry specializes in the ability to create tangible extensions of his mind and psionic abilities, such as various shapes, psionic shields, weapons, constructions, etc. As they are creations of his mind, they are not subject to forces such as gravity, nor do they have any weight, although they contact with other physical objects normally. Though, in theory, the versatility of this power means that the only limit to it is his imagination, in reality, other physical limits apply. For one, the more complicated a construct is, the more stamina and focus it requires and the longer it requires to create, leaving him vulnerable. Creating city-sized or continent-sized constructs is also way out of his league, even building-sized ones are a problem. Still. Pretty useful.
Bio: Dmitry Dmitryevich Zhdanov was born in the city of Veliky Novgorod on Orthodox Christmas of the year 1918, to the family of a proud Red Guard, also named Dmitry (as you can tell from his patronymic), one of the many followers of Vladimir Lenin who participated in the July Days and the October Revolution. Young Dmitry was born in the midst of the chaos of the Russian Civil War and thus generated plenty of trouble for his parents - however, he did not remember any of that, not the battles with the White forces, not the years of War Communism, mass requisitioning of food and widespread famine, not his father's death somewhere in the depths of Northern Caucasus, where he remains in an unmarked grave to this day.

No, all Dmitry remembers is the Soviet Union and all the optimism and promises of a bright tomorrow that came with it. Though his mother's widow pension was nothing extraordinary, the fact that her husband used to be a loyal Bolshevik meant that their life was actually pretty nice - quite a lot better than the starving peasants in the Volga region or the thousands being sent to the first concentration camps in Solovki, that's for sure. Dmitry was one of the first members of the Young Pioneers organization, joining at the age of nine as expected, starting his path of indoctrination into the Soviet ideology. The young boy's years of membership in the Pioneers were marked by important changes across the Soviet Union - Stalin had established himself as the undisputed dictator of the massive nation, the first Five Year Plan had begun, and with this, the introduction of the tenets of the New Soviet Man. Work harder, work smarter, and all for the Communist Party! Dmitry, already a supporter of the Soviet regime, was growing completely enamored.

However, that's not to say that he was a blind follower, a part of the grey mass that the Soviet society was turning into. He was doing his best to become that New Soviet Man, too. Dmitry's academic success was staggering, he was consistently ranked as among the most hardworking and competent Pioneers in the Novgorod region, and his teachers even took a liking at calling him "the little Stakhanov of Novgorod". (Alexey Stakhanov was one of the first Soviet citizens to be pushed through the Esper program due to his high Kirlian aura even by Esper standards, and as a publicity stunt, he was given a single shift in a Donbass coal mine and mined over 200 tons of coal by the end. He was also one of Dmitry's idols). This didn't just draw the interest of his fellow students and teachers - the NKVD, while screening the Pioneers in Novgorod region, caught notice of Dmitry's unnaturally high Kirlian aura, designating him (without his knowledge) as a candidate for the Esper program. This candidacy ended up approved when the target turned 18.

It wasn't hard to remove Dmitry from the Zhdanov home - all that was needed was to inform his single mother that her prized son has received a grant to study in the prestigious Leningrad State University - and thus, five years of training, testing and experimentation in the Esper program began. In a secret facility in the closed research city of Pushchino, Dmitry and about 100 other recruits were slowly, but surely, grinded into loyal psionic warriors of the people. Even here, however, Dmitry found ways to stand out - for one, there was little the NKVD had to do to indoctrinate the young man into Marxism-Leninism, as he had practically indoctrinated himself. Though he definitely did not lack the willpower usually present in Espers, the difference was that his willpower was directed towards serving the Union rather than finding ways to oppose it.

As expected of Espers, Dmitry was required to take up on gymnastics, defense arts and combat training as well as on some sort of scientific field to keep both his mind and his body as sharp as a blade. The young man chose rocketry, owing to his childhood and teenage fascination with aeronautics just like millions of his fellow Soviet children. It turned out to be useful in combat, too - generating small psionic rickets soon became one of his favorite way of employing his psychic construct powers.

After five years of training were complete, Dmitry's trial by fire, alongside a platoon of other Espers, was the Battle of Moscow.

Preparing for war was exciting, but war itself was hell. People dying every minute, shivering and collapsing in the deep cold of the Russian November. Vril-operated German weaponry easily ripping through entire brigades of Soviet conscripts without as much as slowing down, the only things able to stand against them toe-to-toe being the Red Army's own bizarre superpowered weaponry and their psionic warriors. And that's just what the average soldier would have to experience - imagine what an Esper, a soldier designated for countering the supernatural that the Wehrmacht employed, would have seen. Knowing that any minute, any second now, you could end up smeared against the nearest wall, was taxing even for an Esper, and this battle, lasting for months, began to lay the first cracks in Dmitry's generally consistent personality. Every single comrade he would witness ripped apart fueled his bloodlust against the German invaders more and more, striking at his initially flawless discipline.

By the end of the defense of Moscow and the subsequent counterattacks, half of Dmitry's platoon was dead and the other half wounded either physically and emotionally. Although they couldn't compare to the exploits of Ivan Panfilov's Esper Guardsmen (a widely publicized, though not actually confirmed story of 28 Espers led by Ivan Panfilov, who were faced with 54 Vril-powered tanks alone, shot two of their comrades who wished to surrender and ended up taking out 18 of the enemy before dying to the last), the NKVD designated them as a success. The first half of 1942 saw reorganization in his platoon. Dmitry was assigned out of it and chosen for a different task in the war, while the rest of his fire-forged comrades were assigned to Operation Uranus, which would later be known in the West as the Battle of Stalingrad.

What happened to Dmitry, then? As an Esper with high potential and a satisfactory battle showing, he was assigned to the multinational Shadow Ops organization to represent the Soviet Union, fight alongside their allies in missions against the Axis worldwide and maybe, just maybe, get a clue on what the Allied supernatural capabilities are.

A new page in Dmitry's life is about to begin.
Psychological Profile: Dmitry lives his life to fulfill the ideals of the New Soviet Man. To be selfless, learned, healthy, disciplined and enthusiastic to spread the socialist revolution. To not be driven by crude impulses of nature, but by conscious self-mastery. Though he puts a lot of effort in achieving that and has been hailed by his commanders as a good example to their other men, sometimes cracks do show up in his facade - especially after his experiences in the Great Patriotic War, which filled him with fury towards anything German, even if the New Soviet Man ideal would shun the thought of being commanded by emotion and instead demand discipline.
Why do you fight?: "For the glory of the Soviet Union, the defense of the Rodina against the fascist reactionary menace and for carrying the torch of the socialist revolution!"
Defining Quote: "I have sacrificed so much blood and so many lives for the Rodina that I can't just draw a line in the sand and call it a day."
RP Sample: I can post the moment when my character kissed Agri's in a truth or dare game in another RP, would that count?

ACCEPTED

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:01 am

Agritum wrote:ACCEPTED

HUZZAH
Last edited by Finland SSR on Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:08 am

We really don't use OOCs a lot nowadays, do we?

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:15 am

Agritum wrote:We really don't use OOCs a lot nowadays, do we?

Yeah, I find it rather sad.
I got so used to the nice and active OOCs back when I started out on NS.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:19 am

Name: Morgan Holloway
D.O.B.: 1/20/19
Species: Mundane
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: American
Religion (if any): Lutheran
Bio: Morgan was always a quiet girl in her school because she had learned to take lives at a young age. Her father was a World War 1 veteran and had brought his rifle home after the war. With it, he taught his only child how to hunt the land like his father had taught him. Morgan never objected when they set out. Rain, snow, night, it was all the same. Up in the untamed wilderness, they caught and ate most of their food from their hunting grounds. Morgan's mother was worried that the girl had become desensitized, but her father wouldn't hear of it. He trusted his daughter and she was quickly becoming a worthy sharpshooter. Morgan would go on to hone her skills with the rifle to the point where her father had taken her down to Camp Perry for the National Matches, where she scored well one her first few matches in her adolescence, and won more as her years went on. It was quick to see that she was evidently the best shot in the US as far as the competitions were concerned. It was that fame that drew eyes from those who feared that the shadows of war would soon loom over America as they did France and Britain.

Since then, Ms. Holloway has gone through rigorous training with the 34th Infantry, from which she was later plucked from to form the 1st Ranger Battalion of the new US Army Rangers unit. Her rifle she carried since then went back home to her father when she found out she was going to war and not just being on the sidelines. She quickly established herself as a fearsome sniper, unmatched by anyone in the unit. Her first action was her participation in the ill-fated Operation Jubilee which solidified her resolve. Having her first battle lost convinced her that she should use her rifle to protect her squadmates as well as eliminate the enemy. But Shadowcom saw more opportunity for a woman of her caliber, and managed to swindle her posting from the 1st Ranger Battalion who, very reluctantly and under certain conditions, let them have her for extended periods of time.

Psychological Profile: Morgan is very reserved and not talkative by any real means with people she only just met. Her rifle gets most of her attention. There does appear to be a prejudice against werewolves but she isn't giving the reason as to why. She also strives to be self-reliant, which is understandable given where she grew up.
Why do you fight?: Some things just need to be done
Defining Quote: "Go on. I'll watch over you."
RP Sample: Ha, you fun guy like mushroom
Last edited by Monfrox on Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Malshan
Senator

Founded: Sep 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:48 am

Agritum wrote:We really don't use OOCs a lot nowadays, do we?

Certainly seems that way.
I don't suppose this is still alive? I've got an itch to revive my werewolf. ^_^
ET IN ARCADIA EGO
A certain therianthropy thing.
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
You catch on quick. That's why I like you. :)
I'm kidding of course you aren't a thing. You're a person.

Dude, don't insult the werefurry.

Rupudska wrote:RP Sample: Let me in, or we take another third of Mexico.
Rupudska wrote:You're NS's Wolfman, therefore your argument is negated due to bias.
"Sarcasm works so much better when you can look down your fire-breathing nose at someone." -Callistan Sairias
"Lupus magnus est, lupus fortis est, lupus deus est."
I'm an atheist, transhumanist, asexual, cladotherian (Canini) male.
Also known as Canarius, your friendly-ish dog person Lycanthropic American.
Kshrlmnt wrote:Malshan

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse