NATION

PASSWORD

World On Fire: Shadow Ops [OPEN] (OOC/Fantasy WW2)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:24 am

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:Player Character App (Shadow Ops Operative)

Name: Li Wengxiang
D.O.B.: Shanghai, 17th January, 1912.
Physical Description and/or Picture:
Species : Human/Mage
Nationality: Republic of China
Ethnicity: Chinese
Religion (if any): Buddhism
Powers/Magical Specializations (Only if Mage, Witch or Esper): Ki-Based Martial Arts
Bio:

Born in Shanghai, Li was raised in an orphanage whose at that time was controlled by the Republic of China's government. However, due to the budget constraints the orphanage was closed and the children inside were distributed to various factions and/or nations. Li was fortunate enough to be sent to the Shaolin monks.

There, he was raised as in the way of Shaolin teachings, before long mastered the Shaolin martial arts when he was 19, although still the basic non Ki-based and the basic Ki-based. At the same year, the Communist insurgency had gained popularity and strength in the following period to asserted their power and ruling as a Communist government in China. Shaolin enlisted the aid of their martial artists to bolstered the KMT's military ranks, while Li was entrusted with training sessions to proved himself worthy of more than just the basic ones. Eventually he learned marksmanship with KMT's weaponry, and eventually proved to be experienced enough for deployment. Perhaps a selection in process was already begun for his placement.

Psychological Profile: One of many Shaolin-based monk, dutiful, disciplined, and loyal. What makes his liability is the fact that he is not the kind of person who is going to disobey orders and command easily, not easily swayed by things that could make people swayed.

Why do you fight?: Set to defend his homeland from both Japanese occupation forces and the Communists. And to preserved the Shaolin traditional culture.
Defining Quote: "Shaolin for the Chinese!"
RP Sample:
viewtopic.php?p=32286304#p32286304
viewtopic.php?p=32304680#p32304680

Seems ok to me, though the part about joining the Ki corps in 1931 is a quite iffy. Magic was a closely-guarded secret then, so there wasn't any Ki corps until at least the Second Sino-Japanese War. If anything, the communists didn't have anything equivalent to combat that until they created Gun Kata themselves (Stalin trusted the KMT more than Mao's CCP, and on hindsight, he's not exactly wrong about that).
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:58 pm

Wolfenium wrote:

Powers/Magical Specializations (Only if Mage, Witch or Esper): Ki-Based Martial Arts
Bio:

Born in Shanghai, Li was raised in an orphanage whose at that time was controlled by the Republic of China's government. However, due to the budget constraints the orphanage was closed and the children inside were distributed to various factions and/or nations. Li was fortunate enough to be sent to the Shaolin monks.

There, he was raised as in the way of Shaolin teachings, before long mastered the Shaolin martial arts when he was 19, although still the basic non Ki-based and the basic Ki-based. At the same year, the Communist insurgency had gained popularity and strength in the following period to asserted their power and ruling as a Communist government in China. Shaolin enlisted the aid of their martial artists to bolstered the KMT's military ranks, while Li was entrusted with training sessions to proved himself worthy of more than just the basic ones. Eventually he learned marksmanship with KMT's weaponry, and eventually proved to be experienced enough for deployment. Perhaps a selection in process was already begun for his placement.

Psychological Profile: One of many Shaolin-based monk, dutiful, disciplined, and loyal. What makes his liability is the fact that he is not the kind of person who is going to disobey orders and command easily, not easily swayed by things that could make people swayed.

Why do you fight?: Set to defend his homeland from both Japanese occupation forces and the Communists. And to preserved the Shaolin traditional culture.
RP Sample:

Seems ok to me, though the part about joining the Ki corps in 1931 is a quite iffy. Magic was a closely-guarded secret then, so there wasn't any Ki corps until at least the Second Sino-Japanese War. If anything, the communists didn't have anything equivalent to combat that until they created Gun Kata themselves (Stalin trusted the KMT more than Mao's CCP, and on hindsight, he's not exactly wrong about that).

Alright, I'll edit it.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

New Antonalia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Antonalia » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:34 am

Finished

New Antonalia wrote:Player Character App (Shadow Ops Operative)

Name: Franklin J. Weaver
D.O.B.: June 28th, 1919
Physical Description and/or Picture: (Image)
Species : Werewolf with dark brown fur and deep yellow eyes
Nationality: 3rd Generation American with German roots
Ethnicity: Caucasion, with Jewish Ancestory
Religion (if any): Lutheran
Powers/Magical Specializations (Only if Mage, Witch or Esper):
Bio: Franklin Weaver is the grandson of the first German Werewolf to be sighted in Michigen and is proud of that fact, though he hid it for the longest time. He was born in Horstburg, Michigen three hours after WW1 ended, and got his first glimpse of his father when he was one month old. He experienced a very normal childhood and was unaware of the town's secret until his first transformation on his 13th birthday. When this happened the town of 250 celebrated the following night. It was then that Frank realized that the village was a haven for people afflicted by Lycanthropy and he was the first in a new generation as most were killed in WW1. As a werewolf, Frank was able to keep his personality but was blessed with heightened senses and superior strength. It wasn't until the onset of WW2 when problems started arising, the scent of war had carried over from Europe and had sent the town into a blood lust. Farmers started reporting missing animals and people all over started reporting large canine like creatures attacking deer and even killing grizzly bears. Frank was called up in the draft and the night before, the "Pack" gathered in the town square and held a vigil for him, and bid him farewell. After he left, reports died down to an occasional sighting by hunters. Frank went to basic training and was selected for ranger school. He ended up with the 2nd Ranger battalion and was selected by the SOE to serve with the French Resistance in Western France. Here he earned the nickname "Rodeur nocturne" after successfully tracking a group of SS who had butchered the residence of Gevaudan that had sheltered a family of Jews. It was there that his condition as a werewolf was outed as villagers watched in horror as he butchered the SS outside the town before he collapsed out of exhaustion after running them down.

Psychological Profile: "Shows signs of enhanced aggression, possibly due to traumatizing experience as a child and uses the word 'Werewolf' when describing himself. Other than that, he falls within healthy parameters for Military Service, there is no need for a Section 8 at this point, but further monitoring is recommended."
Why do you fight?: Was drafted and is currently working to ensure the weakening of the "Old Blood" European Werewolf Packs, more specifically, the ones that serve Adolf Hitler.
Defining Quote: "Why would I weep for those I eatl? Would a wolf weep for killing and eating a rabbit or a deer? No, he'd lick is lips and move on, happy that his belly is full."
RP Sample: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=358577
[/quote]
A, probably less than successful, model of what a Post Soviet Eastern European nation can be

Pixel Designer: https://thearmsdealer.deviantart.com/

Yes, I use JG Scale. No, Franscale is not better.
1 pxl : 1 inch is better than 1 pxl : 1 cm

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:32 pm

TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:50 pm

Bio:

There, he was raised as in the way of Shaolin teachings, before long mastered the Shaolin martial arts when he was 19, although still the basic non Ki-based and the basic Ki-based. At the same year, the Communist insurgency had gained popularity and strength in the following period to asserted their power and ruling as a Communist government in China. Shaolin decided to be more vigilant, and proved the vigilance by giving training of using modern-day firearms as part of their training regimen, rifles, handguns. While it is not perfectly on the line with the traditions, it may be last-resort weapons when needed.

RP Sample:

Looks good to me. I'll let Agri confirm, but I can accept it.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates

Arcanstotska
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 19, 2016

Postby Arcanstotska » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:16 pm

Can I have a German soldier character?
Yo

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:10 pm

Arcanstotska wrote:Can I have a German soldier character?

My Axis side-RP died from inactivity, so no.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:12 pm

Wolfenium wrote:
Arcanstotska wrote:Can I have a German soldier character?

My Axis side-RP died from inactivity, so no.

Wolfen, any ETA on the reopening date?

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:43 am

Wolfenium wrote:My Axis side-RP died from inactivity, so no.

Reopening of this or reopening of Axis side RP?
In case of the latter, I'd be interested as well.
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:44 am

Wolfenium wrote:My Axis side-RP died from inactivity, so no.

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:

Reopening of this or reopening of Axis side RP?

No plans for reopening at the momemt.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:03 pm

Wolfenium wrote:

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Reopening of this or reopening of Axis side RP?

This RP, sorry. Should have been clearer.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:05 pm

Wolfenium wrote:

This RP is long open. Just that it's Allied characters only. :3

Not that I don't want to continue my Axis RP. It's just that it stalled tremendously from inactivity.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:10 pm

Wolfenium wrote:

Not that I don't want to continue my Axis RP. It's just that it stalled tremendously from inactivity.

Reactivation of the IC and OOC, to be precise. Sorry, again. I mean, Agri is in the making of the new plot or OP, right?

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:26 pm

Wolfenium wrote:

Reactivation of the IC and OOC, to be precise. Sorry, again. I mean, Agri is in the making of the new plot or OP, right?

He's making a new IC, timeskipped from our last mission. The OOC is still right here.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:36 am

How's that summary coming, Agri?
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:37 am

Monfrox wrote:How's that summary coming, Agri?

Good, but I've had some troubles in juggling it with uni work. Coming soon though.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:06 pm

Coming soon - The RPTM

:rofl:
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:48 pm

While I do my best to jot down this damned summary, I think a very short essay on my condition would help getting things a bit into focus.

Writing when Anxiety is Patological

This year I was diagnosed with an OCD-derived form of generalized anxiety. It didn't come as a surprise: I had felt it ever since high school, where big tests didn't make me sleep at night and I feared the end year marks every summer. It exploded in university and sent me to the strongest depressive state I had ever felt (and still fill the aftershocks of) in my life. My self esteem and will to live were sapped for months. But I made out of it alive and mostly well, when I opened up about it to my parents and they helped me get therapy (which I ended just before August, very happy with the results but not closing it off completely as a path) and regularly prescription meds, which I have been taking since January and will be scaling back soon, hopefully.

I still feel some aftershocks of anxiety and my OCD shows. My neurologist says it is duty-oriented and given that I put study on the highest place in my personal scale, it leads me to forget about or withdraw from activities that haven't got to do with it. Often noxiously.

I often force myself to start writing and fail anyways, because my mind cannot stop urging me to keep reading my textbook for the upcoming exam and throw all 'useless' hobbies away. I often procrastinate because it shuts these thoughts away, but in the back of my head I still constantly think about chapters to do, requirements to fulfill, study days to plan out and painfully respect even in the weekend.

I loathe it all. I want to write more about my dear Abe, Poli and Heim (even if the last one is hilariously enough a likely creative product of my anxiety) and a new character I will introduce in chapter II, but sometimes, this thing just makes it so hard.

I apologize for all the time lost or wasted.

Back to work.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:10 pm

No problems Agri, I know you've got it rough and I feel for you. I supported my best friend (we're now practically brothers) through one of the worst depressive states in his life and was one of the only friends he could count on, if not the only one he could count on, through it all. Depression at any point is not fun, I've felt a mild version of it when going through Army training, but then again that could have just been misery from certain conditions at the time. Regardless, keep up the good work, I'm not bothered by the delays, it suits my schedule perfectly and even better? Well, I know you're a capable writer and I appreciate the work you do put out when you put it out. Don't worry about us too much, just do what you can to get what you need done. We're all still here for a reason, if it's not to support your RP, then it's in a weird sense to support you... in spite of knowing nothing more of your character or persona save for what we've seen represented through you here, in NS.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.

Cybraxia
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Cybraxia » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:14 pm

I'm trying to make a return on Nationstates, and saw this was re-opening. Any chance I can rejoin (and do what I was going to try to do with my Axis character and have him defect)?

Represented in the WA by:
Ambassador General Flash Quint
General Peter Van Doorn
Lieutenant Major Glenn Friendly
"When an entire world changes, there are no innocent bystanders. Only those who turn the wheels and those who let them be turned."

— Doug Fetterman

Chronically Ignored
Nation takes inspiration and is based on many things:
Mega Man
Ghost in the Shell
X-COM
Eclipse Phase
And others!

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:01 pm

Agritum wrote:While I do my best to jot down this damned summary, I think a very short essay on my condition would help getting things a bit into focus.

This year I was diagnosed with an OCD-derived form of generalized anxiety. It didn't come as a surprise: I had felt it ever since high school, where big tests didn't make me sleep at night and I feared the end year marks every summer. It exploded in university and sent me to the strongest depressive state I had ever felt (and still fill the aftershocks of) in my life. My self esteem and will to live were sapped for months. But I made out of it alive and mostly well, when I opened up about it to my parents and they helped me get therapy (which I ended just before August, very happy with the results but not closing it off completely as a path) and regularly prescription meds, which I have been taking since January and will be scaling back soon, hopefully.

I still feel some aftershocks of anxiety and my OCD shows. My neurologist says it is duty-oriented and given that I put study on the highest place in my personal scale, it leads me to forget about or withdraw from activities that haven't got to do with it. Often noxiously.

I often force myself to start writing and fail anyways, because my mind cannot stop urging me to keep reading my textbook for the upcoming exam and throw all 'useless' hobbies away. I often procrastinate because it shuts these thoughts away, but in the back of my head I still constantly think about chapters to do, requirements to fulfill, study days to plan out and painfully respect even in the weekend.

I loathe it all. I want to write more about my dear Abe, Poli and Heim (even if the last one is hilariously enough a likely creative product of my anxiety) and a new character I will introduce in chapter II, but sometimes, this thing just makes it so hard.

Back to work.

It's ok. We're still here for you. :)

Cybraxia wrote:I'm trying to make a return on Nationstates, and saw this was re-opening. Any chance I can rejoin (and do what I was going to try to do with my Axis character and have him defect)?

I think you should just make a new one. Truth be told, it's very strange to have your chara defect, and I'd much rather you make a new one for the Allies or at least retcon the chara so he has no presence in the Axis RP. Hell, it's strange to have characters defect at all (those usually don't end well).

As for your writing ability, I hate to say this, but based on the past RP with you, it's actually quite lacklustre. I honestly don't think I can approve your application this time, since this is will be for Agri's thread and not mine, unless you can do better than what you did last time.
Last edited by Wolfenium on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cybraxia
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Cybraxia » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:16 pm

Wolfenium wrote:
Agritum wrote:While I do my best to jot down this damned summary, I think a very short essay on my condition would help getting things a bit into focus.

Back to work.

Cybraxia wrote:I'm trying to make a return on Nationstates, and saw this was re-opening. Any chance I can rejoin (and do what I was going to try to do with my Axis character and have him defect)?

I think you should just make a new one. Truth be told, it's very strange to have your chara defect, and I'd much rather you make a new one for the Allies or at least retcon the chara so he has no presence in the Axis RP. Hell, it's strange to have characters defect at all (those usually don't end well).

As for your writing ability, I hate to say this, but based on the past RP with you, it's actually quite lacklustre. I honestly don't think I can approve your application this time, since this is will be for Agri's thread and not mine, unless you can do better than what you did last time.

I suppose I can try to do a better RP sample (that last one was cringy, I admit). I've been trying to learn to write, well, better. I have an idea for an app, but I must ask if there's any holes in the Allies' needs that need filled.

EDIT: Two Ideas now, after rereading the OP.
Last edited by Cybraxia on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Represented in the WA by:
Ambassador General Flash Quint
General Peter Van Doorn
Lieutenant Major Glenn Friendly
"When an entire world changes, there are no innocent bystanders. Only those who turn the wheels and those who let them be turned."

— Doug Fetterman

Chronically Ignored
Nation takes inspiration and is based on many things:
Mega Man
Ghost in the Shell
X-COM
Eclipse Phase
And others!

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:19 am

Cybraxia wrote:I suppose I can try to do a better RP sample (that last one was cringy, I admit). I've been trying to learn to write, well, better. I have an idea for an app, but I must ask if there's any holes in the Allies' needs that need filled.

>Clever Inside Joke here

Anyways, looking forward to the ideas.

bloody hell, mate.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:00 am

Cybraxia wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:

I suppose I can try to do a better RP sample (that last one was cringy, I admit). I've been trying to learn to write, well, better. I have an idea for an app, but I must ask if there's any holes in the Allies' needs that need filled.

Not that I know of. Just make the app, and we'll see.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:49 am

Work in progress...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse