NATION

PASSWORD

World On Fire: Shadow Ops [OPEN] (OOC/Fantasy WW2)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:35 pm

You didn't invite me, but I intend to involve myself in this.
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:11 pm

Fine, I will join.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Fascist Republic Of Bermuda
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Republic Of Bermuda » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:18 pm

Wow, this lives again! Count me in in... whatever's happening. Might drop Kowalski for another char though.
N U T S !

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:49 pm

Good to see all you guys back again.

Anyone seen OD though?

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:16 am

Agritum wrote:-snip-

He's been quiet, here recently.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:51 am

Agritum wrote:Good to see all you guys back again.

Anyone seen OD though?

Just to let you know, I'm still in the game. Ready when you are~. :3

Well. Like Cylarn said, he's quiet lately. Not sure if he's still active on NS.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:31 am

MInroz wrote:
Agritum wrote:Good to see all you guys back again.

Anyone seen OD though?

Just to let you know, I'm still in the game. Ready when you are~. :3

Well. Like Cylarn said, he's quiet lately. Not sure if he's still active on NS.

Hello there!

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:47 am

Is this really coming back?
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:49 am

Sonitusia wrote:Is this really coming back?

Apparently so.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:02 pm

It better, or I'll track Agri down irl and give him a very stern talking to.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:46 pm

Yep, I'm likely writing the summary tomorrow.

WolFina
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby WolFina » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:09 pm

Lesbian Appalachian werewolf twins dropping in to say they hope this RP starts up again.
P2TM's not-so-favorite-but-we-don't-have-anyone-to-replace-her Fascist otaku catgirl
The Templar High Council wrote:Wolf, why you got dem eyes? I don't like dem eyes...
Gaiserin wrote:/Puts cat ears on you.
( •̀ω•́ )
Rupudska wrote:I bet you'd look cute in a miniskirt and thigh highs.

The East Marches wrote:That is a new level of hate tbh. You can take the title of Italy hater from me in that case.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:19 pm

Wolfina wrote:Lesbian Appalachian werewolf twins dropping in to say they hope this RP starts up again.

Knew it.

But srsly, please make different characters.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

WolFina
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby WolFina » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:33 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Wolfina wrote:Lesbian Appalachian werewolf twins dropping in to say they hope this RP starts up again.

Knew it.

> be me.
> be trying to learn a new language.
> be studying subjects in preparation for college.
> cannot help posting on this blasted forum.

Even my patricidal lesbian monsters have more dignity than me at this point.

I might make new ones, Carrie and Marcie feel rather cliche.
P2TM's not-so-favorite-but-we-don't-have-anyone-to-replace-her Fascist otaku catgirl
The Templar High Council wrote:Wolf, why you got dem eyes? I don't like dem eyes...
( •̀ω•́ )

The East Marches wrote:That is a new level of hate tbh. You can take the title of Italy hater from me in that case.

Malshan
Senator

Founded: Sep 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:35 pm

Rupudska wrote:

Knew it.

ET IN ARCADIA EGO
A certain therianthropy thing.
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
You catch on quick. That's why I like you. :)
I'm kidding of course you aren't a thing. You're a person.

Dude, don't insult the werefurry.

Rupudska wrote:RP Sample: Let me in, or we take another third of Mexico.
Rupudska wrote:You're NS's Wolfman, therefore your argument is negated due to bias.
"Sarcasm works so much better when you can look down your fire-breathing nose at someone." -Callistan Sairias
"Lupus magnus est, lupus fortis est, lupus deus est."
I'm an atheist, transhumanist, asexual, cladotherian (Canini) male.
Also known as Canarius, your friendly-ish dog person Lycanthropic American.
Kshrlmnt wrote:Malshan

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:37 pm

Malshan wrote:
Rupudska wrote:Knew it.

She just wants to get all homosex with my character. Don't let her tell you any different.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:40 pm

Malshan wrote:
Rupudska wrote:Knew it.

I wasn't talking to you, Wolfman, I was talking to the world's cutest fascist.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

WolFina
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby WolFina » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:46 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Malshan wrote:

I wasn't talking to you, Wolfman, I was talking to the world's cutest fascist.

Untermenschen! I will turn you all into beasts of burden!
( •̀ω•́ )

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:56 pm

Rupudska wrote:

Knew it.

Speaking of this, I'll be taking a slightly different tack with Beecher this time around. He got very navel-gazy in the last IC. That made sense, considering the novelty of the experience: first time behind the Masquerade, first time in combat, first time witnessing war crimes, first time in a real position of authority, etc. Anybody would end up feeling like a raw nerve - oversensitive, overexposed, working in overdrive to make sense of what's going on.

But it made for melodramatic and repetitive writing, and I expressed it mostly in speechifying. After a successful mission and a chance to recover psychologically, it makes sense that Matt would be a little harder-edged, a little less sensitive, a little quieter, a little more genuinely confident. Same essentially good man, just toughened up some, less of a (giant, super-strong) babe in the woods - which is plausible, and will make for less overwrought writing as well.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

WolFina
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby WolFina » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:11 pm

For a new character, would it be alright to make a homunculus who is the "daughter" of a German mage who fled his country when the Nazis came to power?
( •̀ω•́ )

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:05 pm

I'm unsure about my character. The natural temptation is to make a kabbalist, but I'm in the place of knowing exactly how little I know about kabbalah and how much there is to learn about it, which scares me off the thought a bit. Might go with a garden-variety witch, which could also be more fun.
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:43 pm

Astrolinium wrote:I'm unsure about my character. The natural temptation is to make a kabbalist, but I'm in the place of knowing exactly how little I know about kabbalah and how much there is to learn about it, which scares me off the thought a bit. Might go with a garden-variety witch, which could also be more fun.

I think you could pull off either, but I understand the concern about the amount of research necessary. I find that the more essential something is to a character, the more important it is to know that thing really well, and to feel comfortable with it. Write what you know, and so forth. It's why most of my characters are white American Christian men with some overseas experience. I can write other characters, but it takes a lot more work to do so without feeling like I'm creating a crude caricature.

Anyhow: I'm happy to see you involved. Did you have a country of origin in mind?
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:48 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:
Astrolinium wrote:I'm unsure about my character. The natural temptation is to make a kabbalist, but I'm in the place of knowing exactly how little I know about kabbalah and how much there is to learn about it, which scares me off the thought a bit. Might go with a garden-variety witch, which could also be more fun.

I think you could pull off either, but I understand the concern about the amount of research necessary. I find that the more essential something is to a character, the more important it is to know that thing really well, and to feel comfortable with it. Write what you know, and so forth. It's why most of my characters are white American Christian men with some overseas experience. I can write other characters, but it takes a lot more work to do so without feeling like I'm creating a crude caricature.

Anyhow: I'm happy to see you involved. Did you have a country of origin in mind?

Yeah. It's why most of mine have been gay and had a passing knowledge of Latin. Even when I try to write straight characters, they invariably end up not entirely straight, but then, I suppose it's not that important in the context of a NationStates roleplay.

As to nationality, American if I go with the kabbalist -- probably based loosely on my great-great-grandparents, who came over in the late 20s but insisted ever afterward that they fled Germany in the dead of night with the SS on their heels --, English if I go with the witch, I think.
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:04 pm

Astrolinium wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:

Yeah. It's why most of mine have been gay and had a passing knowledge of Latin. Even when I try to write straight characters, they invariably end up not entirely straight, but then, I suppose it's not that important in the context of a NationStates roleplay.

As to nationality, American if I go with the kabbalist -- probably based loosely on my great-great-grandparents, who came over in the late 20s but insisted ever afterward that they fled Germany in the dead of night with the SS on their heels --, English if I go with the witch, I think.

In your ancestors' defence, 20s Weimar Germany wasn't a very pretty place either. People were already fingering Jews for blame by then. They just didn't have a charismatic megaphone that could put their bigotry into policy.
Last edited by Wolfenium on Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

WolFina
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby WolFina » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:59 am

Astrolinium wrote:Even when I try to write straight characters, they invariably end up not entirely straight,

Kind of relieved to hear somebody else does that too. Thought I was just being an awful writer.
Wolfenium wrote:
Astrolinium wrote:

In your ancestors' defence, 20s Weimar Germany wasn't a very pretty place either. People were already fingering Jews for blame by then. They just didn't have a charismatic megaphone that could put their bigotry into policy.

Weren't the brownshirts beating up Jewish people (and other minorities) well before coming to power in the 1930's?
( •̀ω•́ )

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse