NATION

PASSWORD

World On Fire: Shadow Ops [OPEN] (OOC/Fantasy WW2)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:33 am

Just finished reading all the lore. Agri, I am genuinely, seriously impressed. You were right to claim copyright on this for future use. This is tremendous work.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:36 am

Reverend Norv wrote:Just finished reading all the lore. Agri, I am genuinely, seriously impressed. You were right to claim copyright on this for future use. This is tremendous work.

Thank you Norv :hug:

I also wrote this in a somewhat rocky period of my life. Turns out that researching about Nazism gives you such a righteous rage that you can't do anything but soldier on.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:28 am

You asked for a vampire, I give you a sexy-person-who-sparkles-in-sunlight vampire.
Player Character App (Shadow Ops Operative)

Name: Jannie de Daněk von Waldstein, Countess-in-exile of Liberec-Zittau
D.O.B.: January 27, 1777 / Vampire since 1796
Physical Description and/or Picture: A physically unassuming black-haired woman one would assume to be in her mid-20s, prior to the war Jannie would have been nearly invisible among any gathering of European women, though the observant would likely be hard-pressed not to notice her paleness. But excepting the pallor of her skin, she was possessed of features that could only be described as ‘plain’, and held no objection to being categorized as such. Though tall for her birth period at almost 170 centimeters, the passage of time has resulted in even this once distinguishing feature becoming utterly unremarkable and unimpressive.

The annexation of the Sudetenland and the corresponding expansion of the German vampire Countships, ended her lack of physical distinction rather abruptly however, and not in a manner Jannie desired. The subject of rather harsh treatment by a particularly enthusiastic vampire of the SS, a mishmash of scars now run across Jannie’s face and body. It would be difficult for her not to be noticed for more than her paleness at a gathering of European women now.
Ethnicity: German-Czech
Religion: Vaguely Roman Catholic
Powers/Magical Specializations: Sparkling in the sunlight She’s a real vampire
Bio: Born into the noble Waldstein family, Jannie was destined for an easy life of luxury where her desires were catered to by any number of retainers. No one would have blamed her, least of all her father who spoiled her immensely, if she were to take full advantage of this until she would be married to the appropriate suitor he chose for her. However, the insistent demands made on her brothers to commit to some form of public service, be it in politics, religion, or the military, infected her with the same deeply-held feeling of responsibility to do more than merely cement an alliance between them and another royal family of the Habsburg Empire.

The chaos of the French Revolution, and the Revolutionary Wars that rocked Europe in its immediate aftermath, provided Jannie with an outlet. Disguising herself as a man, she joined the Austrian military after they suffered a series of humiliating defeats in the first years to the contemptible revolutionary army of the French Republic.

She would have died from wounds at the Battle of Amberg, if not for the intercession of a vampire, the Count of Liberec-Zittau. The vampire’s sense of duty, not to mention his contempt for French political and social ideals, rubbed off even more on Jannie as he nursed her to full health in her new role. She was the first of what would come to be nearly a dozen children the Count would sire. To every one for the next century, he would stress the importance of remaining discreet and upholding the Masquerade.

1910 saw Jannie granted the title of ‘Countess’ when her sire was killed by werewolves inhabiting the Sudetese mountains while on a hunting trip. The title was not as simply claimed as one might assume, but she enjoyed broad support from all but three of her ‘siblings’. Those siblings opposition was withdrawn, obviously, after they were dead. Ever-cautious just like her Sire, Jannie steered the Countship well through the disintegration of the Austro-Hungarian Empire following the end of the human ‘Great War’.

But tensions quickly built alongside of the rise of Adolf Hitler in Germany just north of them. This was made even worse by the questioning of the state of the ‘Sudetenland’ where they made their home by the German leader. The vampires quickly shattered along similar fault-lines to humanity on the question. The Countship of Liberec-Zittau became a contested issue between those who increasingly shared the ideology of the vampires in Germany and those, like Jannie, who emphasized the traditional continuation of the Masquerade. It might have been a purely political split, the Countship and its vampires had survived the extremism of the immediate aftermath of World War One without violence, after all. But the issue was forced however by German supernatural creatures and organizations revealing themselves, as well as the Sudeten crisis and, eventually, the Munich Agreement.

Jannie was ousted by a single discontented sibling with the assistance of the German Reich days before German forces occupied the Sudetenland. Turned over by her brother to the new authorities, the hospitality of the rival German vampires whose care she was placed into left much to be desired. They did, however, determine that low concentrations of silver or iron placed on a vampire’s skin for a long period of time, besides being excruciatingly painful for the vampire suffering such, would also create scars that wouldn’t heal even with the ingestion of copious amounts of blood.

Escape can be surprisingly easy for a vampire when provided the right circumstances, and Jannie was provided such. Thus began an intensely long bat-flight from Germany to France (and boy when she got to Paris were her arms tired!). The disorganization and lack of decisiveness by government in the late 30s and 1940 made the years very dull for Jannie, though the excitement of abandoning continental Europe at the end of them provided more than enough for all the time together. Jannie fled to the UK, with the British Expeditionary Force and smaller elements of other beaten Allied forces following close behind.

There, after a good deal of initial resistance to the idea immensely diminished by the presence and participation of Czech air force units during the Battle of Britain, Jannie eventually was accepted into Shadow Command.

Psychological Profile:
A steam locomotive in an age of flight, Jannie is a product of nobility and retains a strong sense of duty to those she was born above that was supposed to characterize those in such rarefied status while simultaneously demanding deference from them. Perhaps surprisingly, this sense of duty was only amplified with her conversion into a vampire and the passage of time that came with it, and her demands actually became less extreme than they may have been otherwise. Time was more than capable of smoothing that particular personality trait to some degree, though it is still present. The duty, however, is an ironclad feeling for Jannie. Tempered only by an intense calmness that could almost be called a lack of passion. Jannie rarely gets ‘worked up’ over anything, up to and including her own mutilation, and quite enjoys acting the cold contrarian to even points-of-view she agrees with. While a motivator for herself as one of her own principles, she is not about to be so foolishly principled as to allow others to exploit her sense of 'duty' in order to turn her to their purposes.

Jannie holds on to a lingering antipathy towards Protestantism of any form despite her almost purely ceremonial Catholicism, and she is still largely dismissive of the ideals of the French Revolution. 'Democracy' and 'freedom' to her are merely bywords for mob rule and chaos that has slowly been overtaking Europe since her childhood as those less and less worthy of being involved in the decision-making of State become more and more involved. Alongside this prejudice, she retains a self-assuredness and confidence that is either easily confused with or actively is arrogance, depending on perspective. She knows her own capabilities and is comfortable with gauging others as well, and that carries into her everyday activities. But perhaps most problematically, she enjoys testing others capabilities and confidence in themselves and their beliefs in whatever ways she can. Not by directly undermining them, by any means, but instead offering the kind of critical commentary and questioning that can either inspire additional confidence or break it down completely.

It bears mentioning that Jannie is utterly unbothered by periodically sucking the blood out of a living creature's veins in order to provide sustenance for herself.
Perhaps that has some relevance to her psychological profile.
Why do you fight?: **Excerpted answer from MI5 debrief—VERY CONFIDENTIAL--**
“An interesting question. I suppose the answer you think I am going to give you is ‘vengeance’? I think you may be disappointed. I will not say it is not an aspect of my thinking. Such would be foolish. But there are more important things in this world than petty vengeance. Perhaps ‘justice’ would be the word? The Masquerade should never have been broken. The German Lodge and the Schwarzwald clan, not to mention the pet Counts of Hitler’s ‘Deutsches Reich’, should suffer some punishment for ending that beneficial state of affairs. They owed it to their own, not to mention my own, future children to guarantee the safety of the status quo as it was, with us relegated by the Mundane to mythical stories they did not believe themselves. At the very least they should have taken more pains to ensure it was not the Mundane giving them their marching orders. But, I seem to have spoken a bit beyond the question. I enjoy the--how do you say it in English?—‘esoteric’ discussion a bit too much. Perhaps I should be asking you the question, human. My homeland was occupied in a deal brokered by your country, after all. I imagine you would be capable of assuming an equally accurate answer as to ‘Why I fight’ just as well as I could actually answer such a question. Though, if you wish to question my loyalty by this direction of questioning, I would appreciate it if you would do it more directly next time. I am not amused by veiled accusations.”
**End excerpt**
Defining Quote: "Eugh. So much unwashed humanity." [Upon first witnessing downtown London]
RP Sample:[/b] Here, here, you can refer to others...

Holler if I made an oops anywhere that doesn't jive with the worldbuilding, and at some point I may make up something about Czechoslovakia similar to the country expositions in the OP, but no commitment on that...
Last edited by Occupied Deutschland on Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

WolFina
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby WolFina » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:32 am

Occupied Deutschland wrote:Jannie

This sounds kinda familiar.
Last edited by WolFina on Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
P2TM's not-so-favorite-but-we-don't-have-anyone-to-replace-her Fascist otaku catgirl
The Templar High Council wrote:Wolf, why you got dem eyes? I don't like dem eyes...
Gaiserin wrote:/Puts cat ears on you.
( •̀ω•́ )
Rupudska wrote:I bet you'd look cute in a miniskirt and thigh highs.

The East Marches wrote:That is a new level of hate tbh. You can take the title of Italy hater from me in that case.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:36 am

Wolfina wrote:
Occupied Deutschland wrote:Jannie

This does not sound familiar at all.
I'm General Patton.

WolFina
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby WolFina » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:38 am

Occupied Deutschland wrote:
Wolfina wrote:

No, it definitely sounds familiar.
P2TM's not-so-favorite-but-we-don't-have-anyone-to-replace-her Fascist otaku catgirl
The Templar High Council wrote:Wolf, why you got dem eyes? I don't like dem eyes...
( •̀ω•́ )

The East Marches wrote:That is a new level of hate tbh. You can take the title of Italy hater from me in that case.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:42 am

Wolfina wrote:
Occupied Deutschland wrote:

No, it definitely sounds familiar.

I am certain you misremember.
Or, if you don't misremember, that it's a coincidence.
Or, if you don't believe that it's a coincidence, that you're being paranoid and making connections where there are really none.
Either that or maybe I reused the name a little.
I'm General Patton.

WolFina
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby WolFina » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:45 am

Occupied Deutschland wrote:Either that or maybe I reused the name a little.

Ahahaha!
( •̀ω•́ )

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:50 am

I am writing my whole app in the first person.

This may take a little while.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:05 am

Occupied Deutschland wrote:You asked for a vampire, I give you a sexy-person-who-sparkles-in-sunlight vampire.

Name: Jannie de Daněk von Waldstein, Countess-in-exile of Liberec-Zittau
D.O.B.: January 27, 1777 / Vampire since 1796
Physical Description and/or Picture: A physically unassuming black-haired woman one would assume to be in her mid-20s, prior to the war Jannie would have been nearly invisible among any gathering of European women. She was possessed of features that could only be described as ‘plain’, and held no objection to being categorized as such. Though tall for her birth period at almost 170 centimeters, the passage of time has resulted in even this once distinguishing feature to become very average and unimpressive among other European women. The annexation of the Sudetenland and the corresponding expansion of the German vampire Countships, ended her lack of physical distinction rather abruptly however, and not in a manner Jannie desired. The subject of rather harsh treatment by a particularly enthusiastic vampire member of the SS, a mishmash of scars now run across Jannie’s face and body.
Ethnicity: German-Czech
Religion: Vaguely Roman Catholic
Powers/Magical Specializations: Sparkling in the sunlight She’s a real vampire
Bio: Born into the noble Waldstein family, Jannie was destined for an easy life of luxury where her desires were catered to by any number of retainers. No one would have blamed her, least of all her father who spoiled her immensely, if she were to take full advantage of this until she would be married to the appropriate suitor he chose for her. However, the insistent demands made on her brothers to commit to some form of public service, be it in politics, religion, or the military, infected her with the same deeply-held feeling of responsibility to do more than merely cement an alliance between them and another royal family of the Habsburg Empire.

The chaos of the French Revolution, and the Revolutionary Wars that rocked Europe in its immediate aftermath, provided Jannie with an outlet. Disguising herself as a man, she joined the Austrian military after they suffered a series of humiliating defeats in the first years to the contemptible revolutionary army of the French Republic.

She would have died from wounds at the Battle of Amberg, if not for the intercession of a vampire, the Count of Liberec-Zittau. The vampire’s sense of duty, not to mention his contempt for French political and social ideals, rubbed off even more on Jannie as he nursed her to full health in her new role. She was the first of what would come to be nearly a dozen children the Count would sire. To every one for the next century, he would stress the importance of remaining discreet and upholding the Masquerade.

1910 saw Jannie granted the title of ‘Countess’ when her sire was killed by werewolves inhabiting the Sudetese mountains while on a hunting trip. The title was not as simply claimed as one might assume, but she enjoyed broad support from all but three of her ‘siblings’. Those siblings opposition was withdrawn, obviously, after they were dead. Ever-cautious just like her Sire, Jannie steered the Countship well through the disintegration of the Austro-Hungarian Empire following the end of the human ‘Great War’.

But tensions quickly built alongside of the rise of Adolf Hitler in Germany just north of them. This was made even worse by the questioning of the state of the ‘Sudetenland’ where they made their home by the German leader. The vampires quickly shattered along similar fault-lines to humanity on the question. The Countship of Liberec-Zittau became a contested issue between those who increasingly shared the ideology of the vampires in Germany and those, like Jannie, who emphasized the traditional continuation of the Masquerade. It might have been a purely political split, the Countship and its vampires had survived the extremism of the immediate aftermath of World War One without violence, after all. But the issue was forced however by German supernatural creatures and organizations revealing themselves, as well as the Sudeten crisis and, eventually, the Munich Agreement.

Jannie was ousted by a single discontented sibling with the assistance of the German Reich days before German forces occupied the Sudetenland. Turned over by her brother to the new authorities, the hospitality of the rival German vampires whose care she was placed into left much to be desired. They did, however, determine that low concentrations of silver or iron placed on a vampire’s skin for a long period of time, besides being excruciatingly painful for the vampire suffering such, would also create scars that wouldn’t heal even with the ingestion of copious amounts of blood.

Escape can be surprisingly easy for a vampire when provided the right circumstances, and Jannie was provided such. Thus began an intensely long bat-flight from Germany to France (and boy when she got to Paris were her arms tired!). The disorganization and lack of decisiveness by government in the late 30s and 1940 made the years very dull for Jannie, though the excitement of abandoning continental Europe at the end of them provided more than enough for all the time together. Jannie fled to the UK, with the British Expeditionary Force and smaller elements of other beaten Allied forces following close behind.

There, after a good deal of initial resistance to the idea immensely helped by the presence of Czech air force units during the Battle of Britain, Jannie eventually joined Shadow Command.

Psychological Profile:
A steam locomotive in an age of flight, Jannie is a product of nobility and retains a strong sense of duty to those she was born above that was supposed to characterize those in such rarefied status. Perhaps surprisingly, this characteristic was only amplified with her conversion into a vampire and the passage of time that came with it. Tempering this sense of duty, however, is an intense calmness that could almost be called a lack of passion. Jannie rarely gets ‘worked up’ over anything, up to and including her own mutilation, and quite enjoys acting the cold contrarian to even points-of-view she agrees with.

Jannie holds on to a lingering antipathy towards Protestantism of any form despite her almost purely ceremonial Catholicism, and she is still largely dismissive of the ideals of the French Revolution. Besides this, she retains a self-assuredness and confidence that is either easily confused with or actively is arrogance, depending on perspective.
Why do you fight?: **Excerpted answer from MI5 debrief—VERY CONFIDENTIAL--**
“An interesting question. I suppose the answer you think I am going to give you is ‘vengeance’? I think you may be disappointed. I won’t say it isn’t an aspect of my thinking. Such would be foolish. But there are more important things in this world than petty vengeance. Perhaps ‘justice’ would be the word? The Masquerade should never have been broken. The German Lodge and the Schwarzwald clan, not to mention the pet Counts of Hitler’s ‘Deutsches Reich’, should suffer some punishment for ending that beneficial state of affairs. They owed it to their own, not to mention my own, future children to guarantee the safety of the status quo as it was, with us relegated by the Mundane to mythical stories they didn’t believe themselves. At the very least they should have taken more pains to ensure it was not the Mundane giving them their marching orders. But, I seem to have spoken a bit beyond the question. I enjoy the--how do you say it in English?—‘esoteric’ discussion a bit too much. Perhaps I should be asking you the question, human. My homeland was occupied in a deal brokered by your country, after all. I imagine you would be capable of assuming an accurate answer as to ‘Why I fight’. Though, if you wish to question my loyalty, I would appreciate it if you would do it more directly next time. I am not amused by veiled accusations.”
**End excerpt**
Defining Quote: "Eugh. So much unwashed humanity." [Upon first witnessing downtown London]
RP Sample:[/b] Here, here, you can refer to others...

Holler if I made an oops anywhere that doesn't jive with the worldbuilding, and at some point I may make up something about Czechoslovakia similar to the country expositions in the OP, but no commitment on that...

The World of Darkness-vibe I'm getting here is excellent. Accepted.

Reverend Norv wrote:I am writing my whole app in the first person.

Don't worry.

This is Doorstopper: The Roleplay afterall.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:00 am

Agritum wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:I am writing my whole app in the first person.

Don't worry.

This is Doorstopper: The Roleplay afterall.

By the end of this we'll have enough material to stop the doors at Cheyenne Mountain.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

WolFina
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby WolFina » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:37 am

Name: Carrie Thompson
D.O.B.: June 20th (totally not a reference to anything)
Physical Description and/or Picture: Left
Species: Werewolf
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Scots-Irish
Religion (if any): Pantheist
Bio: always a tomboy, Carrie was used to coming home at night covered in scrapes & cuts, bleeding and dirty, since she was at least six years old. Her sense of adventure and desire to see the world was much stronger than her sister's, who was more timid and preferred to stay at home. When she was nine, Marcie fell in a creek while looking for her. Their father rescued her, and after that, Carrie became fixated on protecting her sister, never leaving her side since.

Her father being a coal miner who worked in a mine the next town over, and her mother passing away before she was born, meant he often had to leave them alone for days on end. Like most men of the era, he was uncomfortable discussing womanly issues, meaning Carrie often had to deal with and figure them out on her own. One night, after getting into bed, she showed Marcie a way she had learned to "feel good." the experience left Marcie blissful, but gradually gave way to guilt. The two continued with their initially harmless experiments, which began to morph and become less and less innocent. Carrie saw it as confirmation her sister was more than just her sister, and began to grow romantic feelings for her. While she had previously teased Marcie about boys, or joked around whenever one approached her, she now became paranoid and snappy when they did.

When they were fourteen, Marcie accidentally killed her father after transforming into wolf form for the first time. After a tearful confession to Carrie, the latter helped her bury his body and erase any evidence from the house. The stress was too much, and Marcie began to transform regularly, Carrie used an old shed to keep her from being discovered during her transformations. The stress added to that awakened Carrie's own latent inner wolf, and the two realized neither would be able to live their old life.

After Carrie stole enough for them to live a few weeks on, they ran away from home and started living in the West Virginian hills, transforming into wolf form and coming down to hunt deer, squirrels, and any other wildlife they could find. Marcie came across a moonshiner who had set up a still, and Carrie made short work of him.

Around a year later, they accidentally entered into a Armstrong clan's territory. Carrie being her brash self, ended up losing a paw and part of her snout (although they regenerated once she reentered human form). The thing that kept them from being killed was the clan leader recognized their scent as similar to his daughter's, and found out they were the children of his daughter. He accepted them into the clan, making their lives much easier. Carrie took to the new life like a duck to water, pleased to know that now she did not have to depend solely on herself or Marcie.

When WW2 broke out, Carrie was largely apathetic, although she became more excited when she figured out it would mean a chance to sink her teeth into some humans. A discovery she had kept secret from Marcie, she had developed a liking for human flesh since eating the moonshiner. After Pearl Harbor struck, Marcie announced she wanted to enlist, and Carrie went along. Partially to help her sister, and partially to make a meal of some humans.
Psychological Profile: psychopathic and amoral, Carrie is mainly kept in check by her sister, who she's developed unhealthy feelings for.
Why do you fight?: mainly because she wants to satiate her bloodlust and sink her teeth in a few Axis soldiers. It makes no difference to her whether Germany wins and overruns remaining Europe, or whether the Allies win and march to Berlin, she'll get to sink her teeth in no matter what. But also because her sister is determined to see the war through, and she can't bear to abandon her.
Defining Quote: "You'll lose the hand that touches my sister."

Name: Marcie Thompson
D.O.B.: June 20th (if you're looking for a reference, you're going to be disappointed -whistles innocently-)
Physical Description and/or Picture: Right.
Religion (if any): Christian (Baptist)
Bio: the opposite of her sister, Marcie was a sweet and sensitive child who preferred to stay home and sew or make tea. However, she regretted she didn't spend enough time with her sister, who was fond of going out and playing in the woods. Marcie decided to put aside her sensitivity and go out and find her sister. While searching, she ended up tripping on a root and falling into a creek. Luckily her father heard her cries and rushed to save her. She lost consciousness, but she vaguely remembered in a half-conscious state, lying in a warm bed while her crying sister hugged her and declared she'd never leave her again. Marcie never discovered whether the experience was real, but true to it, Carrie did as she said, becoming incredibly protective of her.

When she was twelve, her father went the next town over to work. The night was cold and she kept tucked under the covers. Carrie got into the bed with her, not unusual since their house had only a few rooms. Then she propositioned "I know a way to feel good and warm." the experience left Marcie blissful, but gave way to guilt. She didn't know what it was that she felt, but something told her it wasn't right, or would be looked down upon, so she shouldn't say anything to her father, schoolmates, or teacher. Carrie seemed to change after the experience, becoming more attached to her, now becoming suspicious and ready to snap at boys who approached her.

The worst day of her life was a month after her fourteenth birthday. She had started menstruation, school had become harder and her teacher stern, her father more demanding, and she constantly worried her relationship with her sister would be uncovered. Without knowing what fully happened, when her father smacked her, she transformed into wolf form and killed him, wrecking much of their kitchen due to her size. When Carrie came home, Marcie tearfully confessed and broke down about how she was going to jail. Her sister responded by burying the body, cleaning up the house, and trying her best to erase all evidence.

After the experience, Marcie began to transform regularly. Her sister responded by using the old family shed to keep her contained during transformations. In a few weeks, her sister started transforming too, and they both realized they couldn't live their old life with no room to hide their wolfish secret.

For two weeks, Carrie stole supplies for them, something Marcie was initially reluctant about, but accepted since there was no alternative. She constantly worried about her transformations, until they finally managed to make their departure. After stealing a map from school, the duo traveled east and began living up in the hills of West Virginia. While lonely, Marcie took comfort in having Carrie with her. When transforming into wolf form, they would come down to hunt deer, squirrels, other wildlife, and possibly some cattle. She came across a moonshiner who had set up a still, and Carrie made short work of him. The experience brought back Marcie's guilt, and she swore never to eat human flesh.

A year later, while moving to new hunting ground after their old one began to see a decrease in wildlife, they were countered by members of the Armstrong clan informing them they were on their territory, and if they did not leave, they would face consequences. Marcie tried being diplomatic, while Carrie got into a fight and paid for it by having her paw torn off and a good portion of her snout mauled. Fortunately, the clan leader appeared, and they were saved by the fact he recognized their scent as similar to his daughter's. It was then that Marcie learned her mother was a werewolf. They were let into the clan due to this blood relation, and Carrie took to it like a duck to water, forgetting her previous enmity towards the Armstrong's, and enthusiastically joining them on the hunt. Marcie, on the other hand, still harbored guilt and doubts.

When WW2 broke out, Marcie began to read the newspapers, hating what was happening in Europe and Asia, and desperately wanting to help. She decided she wanted to help people, and had plans to join the French Foreign Legion, before Pearl Harbor. After that, she decided to fight in the American army, and told her clan she planned to enlist. Carrie was reluctant at first, but accepted and went with her.
Psychological Profile: empathetic and kindhearted, to the point of having a Messiah complex. Constantly cheerful and optimistic, although slightly unnerved around her sister, especially with the prospect of being alone.
Why do you fight?: out of desire to help the subjugated people of Europe, who are being oppressed by the Nazi forces.
Defining Quote: "If I don't help save the world, who will?"
RP Sample: I wasn't invited?

I don't think I did it well enough, but I tried to present their individual bios from their own perspectives and feelings.

Pls Agri, if you reject, I will commit Sudoku.
( •̀ω•́ )

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:55 am

Nice RP Agri.

Question, do I able to play as a character fron colonies? Like British India or Dutch East Indies?

If not I can settle well with glorious Soviet.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

WolFina
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby WolFina » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:00 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:Nice RP Agri.

Question, do I able to play as a character fron colonies? Like British India or Dutch East Indies?

Agritum wrote:I feel like I should remind that you ca totaly play as Dutchmen, Belgians and other "minor" WW2 nationalities.

Just make good characters.
( •̀ω•́ )

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:06 am

Wolfina wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:Nice RP Agri.

Agritum wrote:I feel like I should remind that you ca totaly play as Dutchmen, Belgians and other "minor" WW2 nationalities.

Just make good characters.

There are differences between colonies and minor nationalities.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:09 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Wolfina wrote:

On the basis there's a WIP section for India in the OP, I'd say yes.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:44 am

Wolfina wrote:

Bio: always a tomboy, Carrie was used to coming home at night covered in scrapes & cuts, bleeding and dirty, since she was at least six years old. Her sense of adventure and desire to see the world was much stronger than her sister's, who was more timid and preferred to stay at home. When she was nine, Marcie fell in a creek while looking for her. Their father rescued her, and after that, Carrie became fixated on protecting her sister, never leaving her side since.

Her father being a coal miner who worked in a mine the next town over, and her mother passing away before she was born, meant he often had to leave them alone for days on end. Like most men of the era, he was uncomfortable discussing womanly issues, meaning Carrie often had to deal with and figure them out on her own. One night, after getting into bed, she showed Marcie a way she had learned to "feel good." the experience left Marcie blissful, but gradually gave way to guilt. The two continued with their initially harmless experiments, which began to morph and become less and less innocent. Carrie saw it as confirmation her sister was more than just her sister, and began to grow romantic feelings for her. While she had previously teased Marcie about boys, or joked around whenever one approached her, she now became paranoid and snappy when they did.

When they were fourteen, Marcie accidentally killed her father after transforming into wolf form for the first time. After a tearful confession to Carrie, the latter helped her bury his body and erase any evidence from the house. The stress was too much, and Marcie began to transform regularly, Carrie used an old shed to keep her from being discovered during her transformations. The stress added to that awakened Carrie's own latent inner wolf, and the two realized neither would be able to live their old life.

After Carrie stole enough for them to live a few weeks on, they ran away from home and started living in the West Virginian hills, transforming into wolf form and coming down to hunt deer, squirrels, and any other wildlife they could find. Marcie came across a moonshiner who had set up a still, and Carrie made short work of him.

Around a year later, they accidentally entered into a Armstrong clan's territory. Carrie being her brash self, ended up losing a paw and part of her snout (although they regenerated once she reentered human form). The thing that kept them from being killed was the clan leader recognized their scent as similar to his daughter's, and found out they were the children of his daughter. He accepted them into the clan, making their lives much easier. Carrie took to the new life like a duck to water, pleased to know that now she did not have to depend solely on herself or Marcie.

When WW2 broke out, Carrie was largely apathetic, although she became more excited when she figured out it would mean a chance to sink her teeth into some humans. A discovery she had kept secret from Marcie, she had developed a liking for human flesh since eating the moonshiner. After Pearl Harbor struck, Marcie announced she wanted to enlist, and Carrie went along. Partially to help her sister, and partially to make a meal of some humans.
Psychological Profile: psychopathic and amoral, Carrie is mainly kept in check by her sister, who she's developed unhealthy feelings for.
Why do you fight?: mainly because she wants to satiate her bloodlust and sink her teeth in a few Axis soldiers. It makes no difference to her whether Germany wins and overruns remaining Europe, or whether the Allies win and march to Berlin, she'll get to sink her teeth in no matter what. But also because her sister is determined to see the war through, and she can't bear to abandon her.

D.O.B.: June 20th (if you're looking for a reference, you're going to be disappointed -whistles innocently-)
Bio: the opposite of her sister, Marcie was a sweet and sensitive child who preferred to stay home and sew or make tea. However, she regretted she didn't spend enough time with her sister, who was fond of going out and playing in the woods. Marcie decided to put aside her sensitivity and go out and find her sister. While searching, she ended up tripping on a root and falling into a creek. Luckily her father heard her cries and rushed to save her. She lost consciousness, but she vaguely remembered in a half-conscious state, lying in a warm bed while her crying sister hugged her and declared she'd never leave her again. Marcie never discovered whether the experience was real, but true to it, Carrie did as she said, becoming incredibly protective of her.

When she was twelve, her father went the next town over to work. The night was cold and she kept tucked under the covers. Carrie got into the bed with her, not unusual since their house had only a few rooms. Then she propositioned "I know a way to feel good and warm." the experience left Marcie blissful, but gave way to guilt. She didn't know what it was that she felt, but something told her it wasn't right, or would be looked down upon, so she shouldn't say anything to her father, schoolmates, or teacher. Carrie seemed to change after the experience, becoming more attached to her, now becoming suspicious and ready to snap at boys who approached her.

The worst day of her life was a month after her fourteenth birthday. She had started menstruation, school had become harder and her teacher stern, her father more demanding, and she constantly worried her relationship with her sister would be uncovered. Without knowing what fully happened, when her father smacked her, she transformed into wolf form and killed him, wrecking much of their kitchen due to her size. When Carrie came home, Marcie tearfully confessed and broke down about how she was going to jail. Her sister responded by burying the body, cleaning up the house, and trying her best to erase all evidence.

After the experience, Marcie began to transform regularly. Her sister responded by using the old family shed to keep her contained during transformations. In a few weeks, her sister started transforming too, and they both realized they couldn't live their old life with no room to hide their wolfish secret.

For two weeks, Carrie stole supplies for them, something Marcie was initially reluctant about, but accepted since there was no alternative. She constantly worried about her transformations, until they finally managed to make their departure. After stealing a map from school, the duo traveled east and began living up in the hills of West Virginia. While lonely, Marcie took comfort in having Carrie with her. When transforming into wolf form, they would come down to hunt deer, squirrels, other wildlife, and possibly some cattle. She came across a moonshiner who had set up a still, and Carrie made short work of him. The experience brought back Marcie's guilt, and she swore never to eat human flesh.

A year later, while moving to new hunting ground after their old one began to see a decrease in wildlife, they were countered by members of the Armstrong clan informing them they were on their territory, and if they did not leave, they would face consequences. Marcie tried being diplomatic, while Carrie got into a fight and paid for it by having her paw torn off and a good portion of her snout mauled. Fortunately, the clan leader appeared, and they were saved by the fact he recognized their scent as similar to his daughter's. It was then that Marcie learned her mother was a werewolf. They were let into the clan due to this blood relation, and Carrie took to it like a duck to water, forgetting her previous enmity towards the Armstrong's, and enthusiastically joining them on the hunt. Marcie, on the other hand, still harbored guilt and doubts.

When WW2 broke out, Marcie began to read the newspapers, hating what was happening in Europe and Asia, and desperately wanting to help. She decided she wanted to help people, and had plans to join the French Foreign Legion, before Pearl Harbor. After that, she decided to fight in the American army, and told her clan she planned to enlist. Carrie was reluctant at first, but accepted and went with her.
Psychological Profile: empathetic and kindhearted, to the point of having a Messiah complex. Constantly cheerful and optimistic, although slightly unnerved around her sister, especially with the prospect of being alone.
Why do you fight?: out of desire to help the subjugated people of Europe, who are being oppressed by the Nazi forces.

I don't think I did it well enough, but I tried to present their individual bios from their own perspectives and feelings.

Fine enuff.

Accepted.

WolFina
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby WolFina » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:46 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Wolfina wrote:

Well, the Netherlands is just a colony for Saxons who weren't cool enough to come to Britain.
( •̀ω•́ )

WolFina
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby WolFina » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:54 am

Agritum wrote:
Wolfina wrote:

Fine enuff.

Accepted.

Prepare your soul for flashbacks.

For there will be many.
( •̀ω•́ )

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:55 am

Wolfina wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

Well, the Netherlands is just a colony for Saxons who weren't cool enough to come to Britain.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 36.svg.png

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:12 am

Finally finished my first Character app. Agri, if you have anything you want to talk about in regards to my chars, we can take it to Rizon when we have time. :P

Name: Terrence ‘Terry’ Brooks
D.O.B.: 1st April 1839 (Yeah, I know that day is April fools~)
Physical Description and/or Picture: Linky
Species (if Human, specify if Mundane, Mage, Witch, Minuteman or Esper): Vampire
Ethnicity: Mixed Anglo-Saxon and Irish descent
Religion (if any): Raised Protestant but now Non-denominational Christian overall.
Powers/Magical Specializations (Only if Mage, Witch or Esper): Vampire powers (Maybe).
Bio: Born in New York to the Middle-class family, his father is a successful shopkeeper and his mother is an ordinary housewife who loves to dote on him. Terrence is your average nice guy who dreams of great adventures as a hero and would love to go exploring the world one day. But these are the days before he was bitten and became a vampire. According to him, his ‘normal’ days are over when he unwillingly became a vampire and the beginning of his ‘new’ life. Adding his words, it all started when he joined the Union Army during the American Civil War.

Young Terrance first got bitten when he fought with Confederate Vampiric auxiliaries during the heat of the battles. And later on, he expectably becomes a ‘bloodsucker’ to his despair. Terrance was finally discharged after the war as an aimless, miserable wanderer, angered at his different turns of his life. Until in 1878, he met the love of his life, Colette Gerard, a New Orleans woman with the big heart of gold. Meeting her has made a great impact on him for the rest of his life. Despite his vampiric status, the coupled eventually become happily-married and live ever after.

Sadly, nothing lasts forever; Colette grew old and died. And Terry didn’t because of his long-lived status as a vampire to his grief. The fact cannot escape him that he outgrew his beloved wife. Before he despairs any further, he finally remembered their days together as a couple and his late wife’s wishes for him to be happy, he moved on…at bitter pace. Eventually he got over it. Terrance then went on to travel around the world as an adventurer and mercenary for hire, fulfilling his old dream since he was a young human. Until he returns back to United States in 1910, settling in New York City.

However, World War 1 came. Terrance joined the American Army and fought in Europe, witnessing the horrors of war unlike anything he’s seen in his past. When the Great War ends, he returns home, feeling slightly jaded and guilt of witnessing his comrades dying in the war. At the same time, strengthening his resolves to help the innocents when he became a vigilante against gangsters in his hometown during the Great Depression years, even it hurts his well-being. Terry mellowed out somewhat into an easy-going guy today.

Looking past his jovial personality, he’s a hardened veteran of many battles from the early days of Civil War to the bloody trenches of World War 1 and as well his days as a travelling mercenary. His past military records shows Terrance as a promising soldier who serves with honours as patriot, putting aside his occasional recklessness. Now the time of World War 2, he returns back to the military, joining as a volunteer once again. However, the Vampire New Yorker is ordered by American High Command to be transferred at Shadow Command in Great Britain. His skills and experience as an ‘old’ soldier may have come in handy for the Commando team.

Psychological Profile: Outwardly, Terry is a very laid-back goofball and likes to tease people. When on the mission, he’s serious, diligent and level-headed individual based on his life experiences as a soldier and adventurer. But this doesn’t stop him from cracking out jokes on the way, inappropriate or not. However, deep down, he’s a man with guilt complex, haunted by his dark past.
Why do you fight?: "To fight for my country, maybe. Actually I want to help people by fightin’ bad guys. As far as my miserable life goes and all my sins committed, I want to do something good - a big, meaningful one at least one last time I do before I die. Then I have no regrets~."
Defining Quote: “Life is beautiful. It’s just that not everyone sees it, nor appreciates the worth of it. What bad things happen today is because we screwed up or we make mistakes happen or perhaps...inevitable. The most important right now is it’s up to us to fix it or how we cope.”
RP Sample: You read mine~.
Last edited by Minroz on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

WolFina
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby WolFina » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 am

Agritum wrote:
Wolfina wrote:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 36.svg.png

Fascism, now with triple Dutch!
( •̀ω•́ )

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:16 am

I really like the depth of this. Like, holy shit. This is good.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:25 am

I am so being a werewolf. There aren't many of those thus far, right?
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:29 am

Illan wrote:I am so being a werewolf. There aren't many of those thus far, right?

I can count Rup and Grey Wolf as those who decided to make werecreatures.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse