NATION

PASSWORD

The Pub: Highway to the Flavor Zone (P2TM RP Group)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How many RPs are you Involved in?

One
32%
Two
14%
Three
18%
Four
8%
Five
6%
Six +
22%

Total votes : 50

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:05 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:Ooh, is that the Imperial Civil War?

No that was against the New Repbulic. One of the Super Star Destroyers was captured by the New Republic, and that smaller one on the middle is a New Republic design.

It's from the Essential Guide to Warfare. That book has lots of great artwork.

RIP Zsinj, he died too young.

Though I love the name "Imperial Remnant", which arose indirectly from Zsinj's death.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Len Hyet » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:36 pm

The Shrieks of the Innocent, as they are slaughtered for the glory of the Emperor of Man.

The Shrieks of the Innocent

Innocent

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.
Last edited by Len Hyet on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.
American 2L. No I will not answer your legal question.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:40 pm

Len Hyet wrote:
The Shrieks of the Innocent, as they are slaughtered for the glory of the Emperor of Man.

The Shrieks of the Innocent

Innocent

[ PROMOTED TO THE RANK OF HIGH INQUISITOR OF THE ORDO HERETICUS ]
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Galdius
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:48 pm

Imperial Idaho wrote:Any thoughts on what I have?

Its kinda cool, although its faction based so It isn't my cup of tea.

Although there are a few points that I'd argue with, mainly the whole no guns things. considering that its been three hundred years and that the technology is there, how has no group managed to reverse engineer a firearm to the point in which they can make basic smooth bore weaponry? sure, more advanced weapons require machined parts and industrial equipment which is a total no go, and I'm not saying that it would common place, but it certainly wouldn't be rare for most armies to have a number of crude smooth bore weapons. Gunpowder would likely be the biggest issue, but even then, its not even that that hard to produce some sort of propellant.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Postby Len Hyet » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:48 pm

Anowa wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:

[ PROMOTED TO THE RANK OF HIGH INQUISITOR OF THE ORDO HERETICUS ]

=][=
=][= Founder, 1st NSG Irregulars. Our Militia is Well Regulated and Well Lubricated!
On a formerly defunct now re-declared one-man campaign to elevate the discourse of you heathens.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:51 pm

Len Hyet wrote:There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

You know, my Ordo always said that heresy is like a tree...
Last edited by New Grestin on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Len Hyet
Postmaster-General

Postby Len Hyet » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:07 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

You know, my Ordo always said that heresy is like a tree...

Heresy is like a tree, its roots lie in the darkness whilst its leaves wave in the sun and to those who suspect nought, it has an attractive and pleasing appearance. Truly, you can prune away its branches, or even cut the tree to the ground, but it will grow up again ever the stronger and ever more comely. Yet all awhile the root grows thick and black, gnawing at the bitter soil, drawing its nourishment from the darkness, and growing even greater and more deeply entrenched. Such is the nature of heresy, and this is why it is so hard to destroy, for it must be eradicated leaf, branch, trunk and root. It must be exorcised utterly or it will return all the stronger, time and time again, until it is too great to destroy. Then we are doomed.

I'm familiar.

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:08 pm

Alinora wrote:
Deramen wrote:I personally think we should all wait until the group is free to do another OUTBREAK RP.

True enough, but that depends on whose all tied up.

We actually have OUTBREAK: Homecoming planned for the future. It'll essentially be the first OUTBREAK, but revamped because we're all better writers now. Same setting as the first OUTBREAK, probably the same characters, maybe the same events depending on what we write. This however probably wont come out for a good long time since Gres still needs to finish THE ZONE, and then we're doing THE FACILITY. Don't want to force too many great RPs at once.

Also, anyone seen Aussie lately?
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:10 pm

Vacif wrote:
Alinora wrote:True enough, but that depends on whose all tied up.

We actually have OUTBREAK: Homecoming planned for the future. It'll essentially be the first OUTBREAK, but revamped because we're all better writers now. Same setting as the first OUTBREAK, probably the same characters, maybe the same events depending on what we write. This however probably wont come out for a good long time since Gres still needs to finish THE ZONE, and then we're doing THE FACILITY. Don't want to force too many great RPs at once.

I think he's dead, m8. Last RP I saw him in crashed and burned pretty quickly.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:11 pm

Galdius wrote:
Imperial Idaho wrote:Any thoughts on what I have?

Its kinda cool, although its faction based so It isn't my cup of tea.

Although there are a few points that I'd argue with, mainly the whole no guns things. considering that its been three hundred years and that the technology is there, how has no group managed to reverse engineer a firearm to the point in which they can make basic smooth bore weaponry? sure, more advanced weapons require machined parts and industrial equipment which is a total no go, and I'm not saying that it would common place, but it certainly wouldn't be rare for most armies to have a number of crude smooth bore weapons. Gunpowder would likely be the biggest issue, but even then, its not even that that hard to produce some sort of propellant.

600 years, not 300, I should've made it clearer. It just took 300 for humanity to develop immunity to the disease.

You do make a good point though. I guess in some areas at least crude muskets would be used, pre-calamity firearms would still be rare as hell though.
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:12 pm

Vacif wrote:
Alinora wrote:True enough, but that depends on whose all tied up.

Chuck Norris actually got him sadly.

Funeral is closed casket.
Last edited by Deramen on Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:16 pm

Anowa wrote:I think he's dead, m8. Last RP I saw him in crashed and burned pretty quickly.

That's unfortunate. It's always a shame to lose a longtime member.

Aussie and Terran are the only ones from the Original RP that have gone MIA, though.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:18 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Anowa wrote:I think he's dead, m8. Last RP I saw him in crashed and burned pretty quickly.

Aussie and Terran are the only ones from the Original RP that have gone MIA, though.

Terran signed up for Bei's XCOM RP a week or two ago. Haven't seen him since then, though.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:19 pm

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Terran signed up for Bei's XCOM RP a week or two ago. Haven't seen him since then, though.

He was around for quite some time, but tended to disappear for long stretches.

In my experience, when people disappear for months at a time, they tend to not come back after a while.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:20 pm

New Grestin wrote:

Its because they were heretical.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:25 pm

Deramen wrote:Its because they were heretical.

Something Something Exterminatus.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:26 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Deramen wrote:Its because they were heretical.

Something Something Exterminatus.

Purge them all.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:48 pm

Benuty, I still like the idea of your RP but I lost some interest because of too much AH. It's just personal preference I guess, but I don't really do AH unless the RP begins at the point of divergence. Also someone(sorry can't remember who) suggested a drug cartel RP set in 90s Latin America. I would volunteer to help with or even co-op that one if OP wants if it was set in modern South America, because there's so much interesting stuff happening there right now that could become involved in the plot.

As for my own RP plans, I want to try something where a group of people are cut off from everyone else in the world. I already suggested something based on Under The Dome but it might have activity problems because it would have a whole town as an open world, so there wouldn't be anything forcing everyone to interact. My alternate idea is some kind of dark sci fi where Earth falls to aliens and a colony ship is sent into deep space to find a new planet to settle. Except instead of heading straight to a planet, we'd all be crew members who have their own ideas and there would be ship politics going on as we fight for supplies. I guess I'm really interested in the isolation theme because isolation brings out the worst and weirdest in people and makes for interesting character interactions.
don't tread on me

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:50 pm

So I have the idea of a holy bastard child of Fallout, Dredd, Blade Runner, an CSI.

Would anyone be interested?
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:54 pm

Anowa wrote:So I have the idea of a holy bastard child of Fallout, Dredd, Blade Runner, an CSI.

Too much.

Best if you just borrow ideas that you like and make a original RP.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:55 pm

Anowa wrote:So I have the idea of a holy bastard child of Fallout, Dredd, Blade Runner, an CSI.

You have my attention.

I also think I have our new signature thing.

"You could stop at five or six RP groups, or just one."

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:57 pm

Deramen wrote:

Too much.

Best if you just borrow ideas that you like and make a original RP.

That's exactly what I'm doing, just got inspired ideas from those 4 IPs.

Think Police Procedural, meets Shadowrun without the Fantasy races.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:58 pm

New Grestin wrote:

You have my attention.

Why not "The Pub: This Sig Says You're A Heretic"?
don't tread on me

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:00 pm

New Grestin wrote:

You have my attention.

I dont know about it. Just dosent capture the eyes. Should look something like;

YOU COULD STOP AT FIVE OR SIX RP GROUPS, OR JUST ONE.

Perfect! Now you have the perfect group sig to annoy those who dont care about the group and turn off those with colorblindness! Everyone wins!
Last edited by Deramen on Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:00 pm

Forest State wrote:
New Grestin wrote:You have my attention.

Why not "The Pub: This Sig Says You're A Heretic"?

Or just "The Pub".
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse