NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

New Civilizations IC

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:41 am

Foom, Zoom, Wom, Space noises, Boom! You have been thrown through time back to the year 3000 B.C. You do not know where you are, when you are, or even why you are there. All that you do know is that you do not appear to age past your current stage of development... and that you are naked. You are in a strange land, with strange people, in a part of the world you have no idea about. You, and several others you do not know about, have all of history laid out before you. You and the new authors of the past. What will it read...

Green: Segentova
Brown: Mubaru
Pink: Justin
Green: Rhin
Yellow: Osamay
Purple: Malay
Orange: Kheeriin
Blue: Everhall
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:43 am

(OOC, sign ups are here) viewtopic.php?f=25&t=343476

Malay Raya
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Malay Raya » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:41 am

"There, take that. Woa what the heck! Take that! Try to sneak up to me and you'll die!"

There I was, sitting on my chair playing Call of Duty: World at War Zombies mode with my friends. I was really into it and having a blast with my friends. But suddenly....

Foom, Zoom, Wom, Space noises, Boom!

"What the hell... happened..." And there I was, found myself laying on a floor. I felt the tingling sense of being rubbed by plants and leaves. I sat on the ground and saw a thick forest. And... I looked down and I was naked. Crap.

There happened to be quite large leaves on the ground so I tried it on to cover my lower waist front and back area, but evidently it did not stick. I saw trees all around me, and wonder if any of them would have rubber saps running in them. I knew that these rubber saps of the rubber tree were used as a glue, but I did not see any rubber trees. I wondered what even age am I in. I was just so confused. I took a sharp edged rock and began to bash at tree stems, trying to look for trees that have saps.

Fortunately at the 5th try, I found a tree with a running sap in it. I used the shrapnel of wood from the trees that I hit to apply the saps onto the leaves around my waist to create an underwear.

"That should do it... I hope."

As I finished doing that, I saw a couple of weird looking men staring at me. They looked confused, and so was I. I tried to speak at them and I began to blurt out languages that are even foreign to me, but they seem to understand. I said that I don't know where I am and I need a place to stay. They seemed friendly enough and brought me to a fishing village. They also advanced quite well on farming and animal herding with irrigation, animal labor (buffalo) and wooden tools. I was seen as a stranger wearing just my underwear while they all were wearing tops as well, but definitely not full fledged bottoms.

They gave me their standard tops and underwear and they brought me to their leader. I explained that I don't know where the hell am I and that I suddenly appeared here. I also gave my name, and they resorted to call me Budi after some friendly disputes. I was given the responsibility of becoming one of the guards of the village, as a barbarian tribe lives not far from the village. I will prove my worth, and show my tactical skills, as a.... well.... a gamer.... I suppose.
Current RP's
None, just got resurrected

"...and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just.
Be just; that is nearer to righteousness..."

- Quran [5:8]

I'm a Malaysian
Pro: Sunni Islam, Conservatism, Peace & Green
Anti: Extremism, Zionism, LGBT

Rhinumehr
Attaché

Founded: Nov 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhinumehr » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:45 am

I was standing there, in the sushi bar. I had been scooping a lump of wasabi onto a customer's plate, when...

I found myself on a beach. It looked just like the beach at the south of town. Except for one thing. It was empty.
There were no people, no chairs, no umbrellas, and no stairs up towards the restaurant. There wasn't even a restaurant! Or a town! There weren't even boats out on the water. There were always boats on the water!
I felt myself get lightheaded. everything started spinning around me. I saw what looked like a person, a wile down the beach. The beach spun around me, too. Then I felt myself hit the ground.
Random box.
Rhin Language

Justin States
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Justin States » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:14 am

Justin Burns was in his cubical at work. "More paperwork..." He sighed.
"Hey!" His boss yelled. "There's more work to do!" The boss came and dropped a shit load of paperwork. "Finish this by the end of the week, or you're fired!" He then walked away.

"I hate that pile of shit..." Justin murmured to himself. "What the fuck did you say?" The boss replied.
"You fucking heard me! You pile of shit!" Justin yelled at him back. His boss came at him with a knife. Right when he almost stabbed him, Foom, Zoom, Wom, Space noises, Boom!

He appeared in the middle of nowhere. "What..What? What the...what? Where am I?"
"Well, time to figure out." After 2 hours of walking he found a nice spot to make a shelter. He looked down, "What the hell? Why am I naked? Ah, whatever. At least no one is out here, or is there...."
Blekksprutia wrote:I imagine God is partying hard up in Heaven with His cute gay friends because His creations have finally started to get shit right.
Vista Major wrote:God has truly blessed us this day. LGBT Marriage is now legal in the USA, and will hopefully spread to the entire world. Equality and Love rises above hate and ignorance.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:50 am

EDIT: ended up getting moved, for some reason....
Last edited by The Olog-Hai on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam
Senator

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:54 am

Kouta was dreaming. He was dreaming about the one person in the world that cares for him and loves him. This person was his girlfriend Sayu (OOC: I'm sorry, i'm reading HighSchool of the dead.). He was dreaming about them being together, having fun. It was a nice dream, and he didn't want to go from it to the cold world of reality. But after a while, he just couldn't sleep any longer and drifted into wakefulness. Slowly he started opening his eyes, and then closed them against the bright light. What is with this light? did i get drunk and go to sleep in the park again? It could be, but i don't remember drinking last night, and i don't have a headache..... He gathered his energy and sat up. He sat like that for a moment then opened his eyes. In the glimpse he got, he saw a large forest, beautiful and healthy. Why the fuck am i in a forest? he thought. After a bit he frowned and got to his feet. He started swaying, and looked down. "Oh great, i'm naked". Kouta started walking, and thinking. OK. I don't know where i am. I might be near civilization or not. I don't know how i got here, but thats not important to survival. I need to get water and food. Clothes would be good too.
He had been walking for a couple hours in the forest, heading towards the sun. It was almost nightfall when he spotted the shelter. Its someones house. I can go there and ask where i am and get food and water. The house seems kinda... really old fashioned.
He got within 30 feet of the house before the man came out. The man was a oldish man, looking to be a strong and weathered 60. He was wearing a scratchy looking tunic, and held a acceptably made spear.
"Go Away!" said that man in a very odd dialect of chinese
"I don't want to cause any trouble. I'm lost and don't know where i am, and i need food. Could you help me?" Kouta asked hopefully, while walking forward with his arms up.
"Stop moving forward. Go away, i won't help you, you cur." the old man said, raising his spear, which almost touched Koutas Chest (they are like 4 feet away from each other)
"No need to threaten and insult me, old man." Kouta said. He started tensing his muscles, preparing for combat.
"I can do what i want. Go away or i will attack you." The old man said.
He's not going to help me. I will have to deal with him now then.
Kouta whipped his hand out, pushing the spear so it aimed off to his left, and grabbed the shaft. At the same time, he moved forward, and open-handed punched the dude in the throat. The guy moved his hand up to his throat, screamed and started chokeing. Kouta removed his hand from the spear, and punched into the mans nose. He then punched the man in the stomach with that hand. The old man crumpled and fell onto the ground. Kouta sat down on the old mans stomach. He then grabbed the chin and back of the old mans head and twisted. HARD. He heard the mans neck crack and felt the man go limp.
Ok. I've just dealt with this dude. And killed him. Lets see what i can get off of him.
Kouta took the clothes off the old man, and grabbed the spear. He went inside the house and found a girl, around the age of 20, huddling in the corner.
"Food. Water. Make it for me." He said. The girl got up, shaking and made him food. After that, he went to bed with the girl, and had a fun time. He knew he would have to kill the girl. he wasn't saddened by it, but felt it was kinda a shame, cause she was kinda pretty.

He woke up with a stiff back. He got up, and looked around the room for stuff he could use. He ended up with a lot of food and tools. The most important one he could find was a bronze ax. "Who keeps a bronze ax?" he asked to himself. I should probably make a wheelbarrow to carry this stuff
Last edited by In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam on Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Ril Island
Diplomat

Founded: May 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ril Island » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:12 pm

John was sitting in his office, playing Dwarf Fortress, pretending he is working. When suddenly...
-Gandhi

Everything blacked out, and i woke up laying on soft grass, next to a huge, clear river.
I looked around, and realizing i'm naked, tried to walk with legs crossed, but soon gave up after realizing no one is around, and carefully walked around the grassland, next to a forest.
"This is... Weird."
While examining the area, i noticed a native-looking man, wearing some (poorly) cut fur, holding a stone spear, so i reflexively crossed my legs.
He said a few seemingly gibberish words, but i could oddly understand them.
"Who are you?"
"Eeeeh, i'm John. What's going on here?"
"Come"

He ledt me trough a forest, to a small village with a few cottages.
The language seemed to lack a lot of grammar rules, so his sentences we're very short.
"This our village"
There, a several other Indians stared at me, as if im something amazing.
I could hear people whispering to each other things like "how is he so tall?" "Why is he white".

(To be continued...)
Last edited by Ril Island on Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MY NS STATS ARE NOT MY REAL STATS
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.36
Sorta like Gandhi but with slightly more execution
Not dead.

Everhall
Senator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Everhall » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:28 pm

"Damn it!" Ben roared as his character in Crusader Kings 2 was assassinated, but suddenly...

Whosh! Boom! Space Votrex noise

"Ugh.... what the..." Ben groaned looking as the waves crashed against the shore,

"Where the hell am I?..."

Ril Island
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ril Island » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:48 pm

The tribe was jumping around, greeting their visitor.
"What's going on? What year is it?!"
"What is year?"
Hmmm, maybe i could use their stupidity... I thought to myself.
"Well, i can teach you all alot of great things."
"How?"
"So a year is a way to know what time is it"
"Oh"
"Now i'm from the year 2015, probably millions of days after this one"
"What million?"
"That's more than thousand"
"What thousand?"
"That's more than 100"
"Oh"
"And there, we have amazing things"
"Ooh"
"Things that tell you what's hapoening in the world"
"Oooh"
I grabbed a stick and started drawing the solar system in sand.
"See, the sun on the sky?"
"Yes"
"This land you are on, is actually a huge ball, so big you feel like it's flat because it's so big! And it spins around the sun and itself, that's why there is day and night"
"Ooooooh"
Now, time to make real stuff! After some time searching, i managed to make a simple bow and a arrow, and shot a tree for demonstration.
The whole tribe started screaming in excitement, and soon they too started making bows.
A few days later, i finally got clothes (some fur they gifted me) and the tribe was hunting food in no time.

"Hmmm, they didn't even have bows? Interesting.
Alrighty, next ores and agriculture."
My political compass:
Not dead.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:30 pm

Arieh first noticed that he wasn't lying on his bed. It felt..... bristly. He heard gulls. Hmmm. That's odd. I though my walls were thick enough not to hear the birds. Maybe I left the window open. I'll just go close it. He opened his eyes. He didn't see a roof.
"What the fuck? Where the hell am I?" he yells, thinking aloud. "And where did all the buildings go? I was in the middle of the biggest city in Israel, and now I'm in the middle of nowhere."
Arieh spies someone. "Hey! Um.... ?שלום, שבו זה לכל הרוחות"
The person looks at him surprised, and shouts back, in a language that seems weird but he somehow understands, something along the lines of "What are you saying?"
"What fucking language are you speaking, and where am I?"
"You are in Canaan, weird one. Come with me to my leader, he will decide what to do with you."
"Canaan? But its fucking Israel now. It was Canaan a long time ago."
"Stranger, you do not know what you are saying. Follow me before the cats get you."
"What cats?"
"They have large hair around neck, and are big."
"Oh. We call them 'lions.'"
"Lions. Hm. lion. lions. Follow me to Tribe."
Some time later:
"Tribe meet ..... what name?"
"My name is Arieh."
"Tribe, meet Arieh. Arieh, meet tribe."
"May I join the tribe?"
"Only Leader can think that."
"Then show me to Leader."
The native leads him to a muscular looking man. "This is Leader. Leader, this is Arieh. He want to join tribe."
"Hm. He have no tribe?"
"No, I do not belong to a tribe."
"You join."
"Thank you."
"What thank you?"
"Thank you means I felt good because you let me join the tribe."
"Hm. Good. I supposed to make people good."
Arieh turns to his friend. "Do you have any horses?"
"What horse?"
"A Horse... it has four legs, lots of hair on its neck, and big teeth."
"Ooooh. That. I will show you."
The native leads Arieh to the horse. "Thank you," Arieh says.
"Only Leader allowed to be told thank you. He make us feel good."
"Fine. But I will do something amazing."
"What amazing?"
"Amazing is something that makes you feel surprised. Like I am the boss."
"But only Leader do that."
"We'll see about that..." Arieh gathers some horse urine, and puts it into a conviniently located hollowed-out log. He then goes out to look for the other necessary components of gunpowder.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Ril Island
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ril Island » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:56 pm

The tribe gathered around me, interested to see my next breaktrough.
"Today, you will learn to FARM! That's making plant food, without having to leave the village!"
Everyone looked confused, so i just snapped my fingers and said "First, tools!"

(Insert training montage)

Alright, now we have some wheat planted, we need a calendar to organise the production!

(Insert another training montage)

A week passed...
After creating our first little wheat field, the now very trusting tribe went back to their homes to rest.
My political compass:
Not dead.

Everhall
Senator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Everhall » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:12 pm

Soon after arrival

As Ben walked, he came upon a small nomadic villiage by the sea,

"Umm, where am I, and what time is it?" Ben asked

"What is time?" one of the villiagers asked Ben curiously,

"It's how you tell when it is and what to do..."

"OOOh!"

"Really where am I?"

"Our tribe!"

"Wait, tribe?.... Hmmm.... interesting...."
Last edited by Everhall on Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holy Serbia and Montenegro
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Serbia and Montenegro » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:24 pm

Otto woke up in a familiar place, at least it seemed familiar. He quickly realized it was Berlin, but something seemed different... it seemed ancient. He found refuge in a small shack in Western Berlin, alongside a Teutonic tribe. As he used to be an important journalist back, whenever or wherever he came from, he is still looking for answers.
Last edited by Holy Serbia and Montenegro on Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Malay Raya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Malay Raya » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:22 pm

As a guard, I was stationed to guard the farming lands not far from the main settlement where the barbarian tribes usually attacks. Along with me are 4 more guys, with one of them carrying a hollowed cylindrical wood with its front and back side having different hole diameters to make sounds louder. He would blow it on the smaller hole end to warn the villagers.

As I was sitting on the ground, figuring out what the hell I should do, I got a stroke of brilliance. I remembered history lessons in middle school that prehistoric guys have developed inventions that I have not yet seen in this village. One of them is the compass, which was originally a Chinese invention. My teacher did say that the simplest compass were magnetite or lodestones tied a small rope. It would be hanged and it will align itself with the North and South.

I asked permission from the Chief Guard to dump my dung, and he let me. I didn't want to, in fact I was going to make the said compass. The problem is now finding that damned lodestone. I remembered that the lodestone is a quite black rock, with tiny white sparkles on it which are magnetites. I looked closely on the ground, searching for that exact stone. I stumbled upon a large rock with the said characteristics, now I just need to take a small chunk of it. As I went around the rock figuring out what to do, I saw a group of small rocks beside it, and found a slightly bigger than optimal lodestone size.

I took it and threw it repeatedly on the large rock before it disintegrated into smaller pieces. Using the sharp stone that I have on my spear (I'm a guard), I carefully carved the stone to become a needled-like shape. I brought it to the shore and poked a coconut from a not so tall coconut tree. Using my spear, I brute forced it to open and encounter a husk layer that could be used as a rope as i've learnt watching Bear Grylls in his Man vs Wild show. I took the layer and started spinning them into a thin thread. I dropped it in salt water for a few minutes before soaking it to harden it using the salt. I tied it to the rock, and voila! a lodestone compass!

I brought it to the village leader and explained what it is and how it can help the village resource gatherers or explorers find their way back to the village if they are stuck. I explained the orientation of the Sun and what is North, South, East and West and its relation to the compass. For example in the morning, the Sun rises from the east. The right hand pointed to the Sun is east, the left west, the front North and the back South. I then marked on the lodestone which end does points to North to make it easier. By the next week, every guard, gatherer, fishermen and explorer in the village has a compass.
Last edited by Malay Raya on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current RP's

I'm a Malaysian

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:37 pm

A young, beautiful village girl, with dark black hair, was walking from the main village back to her family's farm. She saw Budi sitting and playing with what he called a " L-o-d s-t-o-n c-o-m-p-a-s" It showed the way pointing north where ever it went. It was obviously very powerful magic, which made here wonder 'Why would a sorcerer confine himself to the role of mere guard?' She approached him from behind. He did not hear her. "Where did you learn this magic from?" She asked.

Malay Raya
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Malay Raya » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:58 pm

Republic of the Cristo wrote:A young, beautiful village girl, with dark black hair, was walking from the main village back to her family's farm. She saw Budi sitting and playing with what he called a " L-o-d s-t-o-n c-o-m-p-a-s" It showed the way pointing north where ever it went. It was obviously very powerful magic, which made here wonder 'Why would a sorcerer confine himself to the role of mere guard?' She approached him from behind. He did not hear her. "Where did you learn this magic from?" She asked.

"W-w-wa-- oh. Hello. I didn't realized you were here." Budi replied in the village's language.

He was quite sure the language they were using was Proto-Malay, one of the major languages of the Austronesian people in this time. Judging by that and the fact that the a sea was on his west, he was quite sure he was in Western coast of Peninsular Malaysia. He estimates that he is either in the Neolithic or Bronze Age judging by the village's advancement in agriculture.

He recognized the girl was the daughter of the village leader, and a beautiful one too. He knew her name was Ros. Budi actually had a crush for her, shown by his slightly awkward behavior around her.

"Well, uhh. Ros. Actually, I am not born in your time. I am born way further in the future where this magic is very easy to find and not considered magic, but normal. I think I was sent back from the future to here, so I thought to bring some magic here. I have more magic from the future that I can show, but it is not time yet. I will show it later." Budi talked again before smiling a bit and continued playing with his compass.

OOC: Some new words for my tribe.
Magnetite rock = Megnat
Lodestone compass = Kompas
North = Utar
South = Selata
West = Arat
East = Imur
Last edited by Malay Raya on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current RP's

I'm a Malaysian

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:01 pm

Ros nodded her head. " I See, you come a tribe with many sorcerers. I hope to see much more of your magic in the days to come." She turned back on to her original path and waved back at him.

Conwy-Shire
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Andre Halifax - Chapter 1 (Intro.)

Postby Conwy-Shire » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:16 am

"No, you idiot; look at the goddam blueprint, the girders go from here to here, and if it's a centimetre off the whole storey will collapse."
Andre was looking through the folio for a new highrise development in Princes dock, Liverpool. This building would become the highest skyscraper in Merseyside, if only the chief architect and contractor could agree on the building design itself. The two men had been arguing for weeks, and, as the chief architects personal assisstant, Andre was a party to the whole struggle.

The belligerent men were reviewing the 7th floor today, and since they were going from bottom-to-top, Andrew knew he was in for a long and boring month, listening to two men yell all day made you think with that mindset after all. Truth be told Andre was getting a bit tired, his eyes became disfocused, and before he knew it, he was falling forward towards the blueprints. He kept falling, and falling, when suddenly...

Foom, Zoom, Wom, Space Noises, Boom!

Andre found himself face down on a bed of leaves. The leaves felt nice, but there was a sharp rock protruding into his ribs.

Wait a minute... a rock?

He pulled himself off the ground, only to find it wasn't the carpeted interior of his mentor's office at all. Yes, that was a rock that had been protruding into his ribs; yes, he was standing on what looked to be the floor of a forest; and, with growing dread, he realised he was naked.

Crap

It appeared Andre was stuck in a rut; a really strange, life-or-death rut, and he didn't know how to get out. The problem solved itself, luckily, in the form of a strange man. Clad in rough leather from neck-to-toe, the man sported an impressive beard, what looked like a bone tube, and a menacing spear; which was instantly lowered against Andre's chest.

"Who?" The man grunted in a guttural tone, clearly unimpressed by Andre's lack of a beard

I am Andre. The confused architect tried to say; yet it came out as "Me Ondray".
The man grunted again and asked "Lost?"
Andre, rather confused at his loss of speech, resigned himself to a simple answer of "Very"
The leather-clad man grunted again, for some obscure reason, before lifting his spear away from Andre's chest. He turned around and started jogging back in the direction he came from, muttering to himself in that strange dialect. When he reached the edge of the clearing he turned back to Andre, who hadn't moved a muscle, and said "Night soon; follow". Not one to lose his only point of contact in the world, Andre followed.

Sure enough, the forest started to darken, less light found its way through the leaves, but the bearded man kept on moving, his eyes adjusting to the darkness. The pair finally stopped at the crest of a hill which seemed to mark the end of the Larch forest. Andre followed the native over the crest to find a sprawling valley unfold beneath him, flanked by sheer highlands on either side. A river meandered through the middle, watering what looked to be an extensive variety of uncultivated crops. The bearded man pointed to a bend in the river with a rather curt grunt, most probably indicating where they would stop for the night.

The sun was dropping over the peaks behind them, and to Andre's surprise, a light flared up from the area where the native had pointed, which Andre now surmised was probably a settlement. The pair set off once more, making their way through the shoulder high cereal plants; and Andre came to the realisation that these people, whoever they were, had no understanding of farming whatsoever, they were hunter-gatherers. This scared Andre even more, because by that fact, he estimated he was living 5000 years before his own time, a concept that didn't seem to register with his guide, who made a straight path through the valley for the light.

The pair stepped out of the tall grass as suddenly as they had entered, and Andre found himself looking at what seemed to be artificial hills. About a dozen of these hills were clustered around a night-fire, a burning pyre of logs (no doubt harvested from the nearby forest). More natives were clustered around the pyre, eating red meat in what looked like a communal space in the middle of the artificial hills. Andre suspected that the hills were more than they seemed, and his theory was confirmed when he saw one of the tribes-people stand up and walk towards a section of the hill out of his sight.

Andre had no time to ponder however, his guide motioned for him to follow, and together they walked into the circle; and at once Andre was impressed with what he saw. Carved into the inward fronts of the hills were wooden openings, no doubt entrances to subterranean houses; this was a village, and much more developed than Andre had glimpsed from the demeanor of his guide. Stone tools and utensils were in abundance, along with spears and other items, whilst it was barbaric by Andre's standards, his exposure to this hidden society was grand in its own respect.

Andre was quickly ushered by his guide to a group of extremely long-bearded men who sat apart from the main gathering. They were garbed in leather from shoulders-to-toe much like his guide, but Andre immediately noted the chain of command ended with these elders. Andre talked with the elders until the fire burned itself out a while later. They believed he was some form of traveler from distant lands, on account of his beardlessness, and as such they asked him to divulge whatever he knew, and in return he was supplied with clothing. They even offered him shelter for the night in one of the hill-houses, an offer he gladly accepted. He was drawn into a long conversation with one of the elders in particular, a man Andre singled out as the nominal leader. They talked long into the night, especially on the topic of the cereal plants in the valley; a conversation which was cut short by the death of the fire.

With a weary mind but a new outlook on what would probably be the rest of his life, Andre, now known as Ondray, lay down to sleep on the hard-packed earth of one of the hill-houses. As his eyes closed with finality, his final thoughts for the day were about the possibilities and potential of this community; because for better or for worse his fate was intertwined with theirs.
Last edited by Conwy-Shire on Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurelian Stoicist
Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.

The Real MVP

The New Byzantine II
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The New Byzantine II » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:57 am

Siargao Islands, a new tourist destination of the Philippines that has many rich resources, natural beaches, and yeah..

The communism propaganda is decreasing during the Arroyo administration in the Philippines. Many NPA (New People's Army) rebels were captured, arrested, prosecuted, or leave the communist rebel organization for a better life. The NPA organization isn't focus on the Siargao Islands anymore but there is still rebels remaining.

11:00 AM,

Jake Sison is one of the last NPA rebels and the acting leader of the isolated NPA acting commander that survived in the Siargao Islands. Only 18 rebels were left in the Islands as many of them died from dengue, escaped, arrested, or get killed by police shootouts. They were feel isolated. Their ammunitions were running low. And their weapons were outdated. Jake and his three comrades were going to loot some bananas and they did. It was a success, they go back to their hideout and the rebels swarm them as they were hungry. Jake shouted, "Fall in line comrades, will you!?"" the rebels replied, "YES SIR!" the rebels were falling in line to get some bananas, after that, they eat their bananas, his trusted comrade Andrei said, "Hey Jake." Jake replied, "Hey." Andrei asked, "Jake, we feel isolated here, we are dying here, when will we end this insurgency in this fucking big island!?" Jake stand up and he replied, "What did you say? End this INSURGENCY!? Are you fucking out of your mind!? The government still oppresses their people, they are corrupt! They cant fucking help their own people." Andrei stand up also and he replied angrily, "JAKE, AS YOUR FRIEND, IM GIVING YOU A DAMN ADVICE! NPA INSURGENCY IS DECREASING! ONLY 3,000 NPA REBELS WERE LEFT NATIONWIDE! COMMUNISM IS A SHIT ALRIGHT, IT NEVER WORKS." Jake punch Andrei's stomach and Andrei kicked Jake's balls, they fight each other until the rebels go there to stop the fight. One of their rebels replied, "Sirs, please, stop. We are here to fight corruption right?" the two of them stopped. Jake said, "I'm sorry, man." Andrei replied, "I'm sorry too." and the fight just stopped and two of them became friends.

Minutes later,

Jake was going outside of the hideout to pee with his damaged AK-47 in the back. He zipped his pants and take a piss in a banana tree. He finished his pee, unzip his pants, and then he looked in the blue sky for a moment and then...

And then after he looked at the sky and his piss stopped. All of his clothes were gone, his precious AK-47 were gone, his position was standing like taking a pee,, he was shocked, "What the fuck just happen?". The environment is still the same way but he was shocked as his things were gone. When he go back to the hideout, all the things..were gone, no one was around! Jake was really shocked. Jake shouted, "COMRADES! ANDREI! ARE YOU THERE..?!" and then Jake starts to search them.

An hour later,

Jake still shouts and no one hear him, i think it was..12 noon? Damn! The sun is very hot. Jake is sweating for sure and Jake is now lost because this is different...there were no foddamn roads and houses, there were no damn people! Jake goes further and further and further to the forest until he found a tribe settlement! Jake was swarmed by uncivilised tribes. The tribes were speaking the Suriganon dialect and Jake can understand a bit what they are saying. The sayings were, "Who is that?" Tresspasser!" Invader!" And then..his mind goes dark.
Last edited by The New Byzantine II on Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly The New Byzantine. Your typical NationStates member since late 2014.
Just call me Byzantine/TNB/Byz because no one really calls me The New Byzantine.

Left-wing nationalist, civic nationalist and a social democratic corporatist.

Kumbhalgarh wrote:Shwetang teleported out of the car. He teleported behind of the teacher, and poked a stick into his/her butt, and then Shwetang teleported back.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:11 am

Early in the morning, Arieh goes to retrieve charcoal from the dying fire.
"Why need that?"
"For surprise."
"Why surprise?"
"Because this sort of surprise is fun."
"What fun?"
"Fun means it makes me happy."
"Ah. You make you happy, but only Leader make other happy."
"I know, I know. Have you seen something like this," Arieh says, holding up a piece of broken quartz, "but yellow?"
"That? Yes, I see. Follow."
He leads Arieh to a deposit that looks like quartz but is yellow. Arieh leans down and inspects is closely.
"Yes this is what I want. Thank you."
"Good, very good."
"I call this sulfur."
"Sulfur. Sulfur. Good. Sulfur. Hm."

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:50 am

Kouta finished up making the wheelbarrow. Who thought that making a wheelbarrow would take so long to make? He thought, his mind clouded with tiredness. "What do i need to take to survive?" I muttered to myself. Kouta walked into the house, grabbed all of the food, and water holding devices, and walked that out to the wheelbarrow. He went back inside, grabbed all the tools that he could, and the acceptably made spear and a bow and arrows. "I'm glad i can get away from these rotting corpses and this crap shelter. I will head east again." He said.
It was the middle of the day when he started. He didn't get very far on the first day. should have left at night.
He slept, and again dreamed of Sayu. This time they were watching their favorite movie, on the couch in Sayu's apartment. But right before he woke up, Sayus face changed into the face of the dead woman. This woke Kouta up at dawn, but he wasn't screaming or anything. It was just shocking for him. I should probably get up and start walking. But damn, was i really sleeping on a root? He again started east. He did this for a week, before he meet the tribe. He smelled smoke, a couple of miles outside the tribe ground. A group. Lets see where i am. He walked towards the smoke, and came out into a VERY large clearing. He saw large rice patties, and then in the middle of them all, a large collection of huts. In the rice patties, he saw some workers, one of which looked up, and saw him. He notified all the others, and soon there was a large group of people around him.
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:21 pm

Viktor Nemtsov

My head, ach. A bender for sure. Friday nights always got to you, whether you wanted them to or not- a few hours since lunch, and finally hitting the weekend. What better way to celebrate than a little bit of the social elixir to help the good times roll? I was looking up, at, hmm. The sky, yes. A little bit past dawn or before dusk, by the light. Wisps of white cloud scudded by high above, probably cirrostratus. Nothing to be concerned about. My mouth tasted like the sour of sick, but that was to be expected. A pounding headache, a tender stomach beginning to ache with the first pangs of morning hunger; yep, another night out on the town gone wrong. I checked my faculties as I lay there looking up at the pale blue sky. Fingers, hands, still had them all. Lungs were functioning as normal, not choked or ragged, so I hadn't done that vodka-breathing trick again. Everyone loved it except for my respiratory medico, but party tricks would be party tricks. Dirt under my hands as clenched the nails slightly, covered by what felt like long grass with the occasional stone. Ah, and no clothes. That was a bit of a bother.

Sitting up, I glanced around me. This, hmm, shit. It didn't exactly look like the Midwest. This wasn't good at all. Mountains, erm, at least foothills. The sound of a river, maybe a large stream nearby, and of course nature. No cars, no sirens, no electric hum from generators or the grid. I must have been on some wild dare to drive all the way over to the Rockies. Well, memory would come, in time. The alcohol often took nights or days, but never forever. For now, clothing and a friendly stranger would be good to find. If they were around, that is. I couldn't see any obvious signs of civilization, which only told me I was definitely out in the backwoods. With a resigned shrug I stood- at least my upper body was fairly tanned from the yard maintenance of the summer, and wouldn't burn that quickly under this pallid sun. The rest of me... well, I had better find some pants I chuckled to myself. Indecent exposure charges had a way of haunting people.

Figuring following the stream was a good bet to find people, I walked over to it. It was pretty deep, and cold when I stuck a hand down to grab a drink of water. I was covered in filth and grime, and the day was already warm, so I plunged in briefly to cool off. A slight indulgence, and it would keep my core temperature down if I had to travel for any unreasonable distance. Sticking to mostly the shade of the trees growing along the bank I set out downstream, legs warming up for a steady jog. I wasn't much of a runner, but swimming kept your heart and lungs in good form. Someone would be looking for me, hopefully, and a watercourse was a natural place to check.

As I jogged along beside the glittering ribbon of silver and foam away from the Rockies, the plains eventually flattened out, though the woods seemed to get denser. Human habitation liked wood, and Lord knew how many settlers and homesteaders had changed the face of the continent with their tree planting back during the 1800s. North America was more forested than it had been at any point in recent history, for all the environmentalists liked to complain about deforestation. A scent touched my nose, and it wrinkled almost automatically; manure. Not an unfamiliar smell for anyone from near a farming community, but this smelled worse than most. It was like pig, chicken, and human all rolled together. Probably a wallow near to a particularly cut-rate trailer park or camping site. The Forest Service really did deserve a budget increase one of these years; as I jogged I resolved to look into the upcoming candidates stances on the issue. It wasn't fair to always beat the same old drum about deficits or abortion when there were other matters that could use attention too.

Then I saw it. A small mud and wood hut, built of crude logs and what looked like smeared river clay. Um. My surprise only deepened when I saw a man emerge from it with a beard like an untamed bush and nothing so much as animal hides on his brawny back. He was a little fellow, as I assessed from the distance, perhaps coming up to my vaguely goateed chin. I had meant to shave off the darned thing a few days ago, but there was always something else that had to be done more urgently at work. The best I could say for him was that he didn't look like a serial killer- more just the most Amish of all the Amish. Not inclined to be too picky, being naked and alone out in this wilderness, I approached with a friendly wave and smile.

"Hey!" I hollered in neighborly tones. "I've run into a spot of trouble. Would you mind letting me use your phone?" It was a long shot, I judged, that he actually had a phone given his rather squalid self-imposed state. But it was what I was actually looking for, and would prevent me from spending too much time talking to the strange shit-hobo if he knew someone with more modern amenities about. To my surprise, though, I almost scared myself as the words passed my lips. They were not the English that was my mother tongue, though I had conceived and sent them forth as such. Rather a more guttural language, perhaps like German or the Russian of my grandparents. I couldn't tell which it was, but frowned, and bit my lip. This was somewhat frightening. Mental aphasia was no laughing matter, despite how the old man would soon burst into laughter at my foreign grunts. My eyes seemed to be working fine, but clearly I had a concussion. This was serious.

To my shock though, he answered in the same tongue, unperturbed by my ghastly turn of phrase. He spoke in that language, and I understood him, but I had no idea how such a phenomenon occurred. Something about "cracked head crazy man, here, cover yourself". The old bearded fellow then proffered what looked like some sort of cloth tunic after turning back into his house for a second. I really had no idea why on earth he didn't have some pants, but this overcloak was better than running around naked. I took it with a smile and muttered thanks, and slipped it over my head. It was rough to the touch, and crudely woven, but clearly this was a chap living off of the land like some madcap Survivorman. It was probably the best he could make. I asked again about the phone, to which I got only a puzzled "what do you talk about?". Archaic verbiage. I mentioned wanting to get back to civilization, and he nodded and smiled. A nice old lunatic, at any rate, he waved his hand down the stream.

"I'll pay you back as soon as I can." I said, and he nodded seemingly content. It was a roughspun garment, but better than walking around naked, and it surely took him or his wife much effort to weave. I set off down the stream again, until after about an hour when noon approached I came upon another collection of buildings quite like to the lunatic's mud-thatch hut. This was a strange religious sect, and I had no idea why my head injury made me talk like them. I'm not an unimaginative fellow, and I keep up on the affairs of the world, but I really couldn't tell what on earth was going on. Their roads were packed dirt, and all wore cloth tunics like mine of dun brown or light grays. My repeated questions about a telephone were just met with more shrugs, as were questions about the police or a bus stop.

Eventually after asking about any other towns I gave up for the night. It seemed there was a larger city some ways to the east, but the odd villagers seemed to think it was at least a day's walk, and I hadn't seen any cars, or bikes, or even so much as a horse. Just pigs and chickens and weird tiny people. When I offered to chop wood for a night's stay, as I had done on the Appalachian Trail before, an elderly couple took me up on the author. The axe they handed me might as well have been a British Museum artifact, made of a wedge of stone affixed by dried strips of heartwood to a thick sturdy handle. But it served the purpose. I had a sneaking suspicion, one I did not voice even within the quiet of my mind. But I slept well that night, muscles warmed from hard labor for the simple supper of pork and some root vegetables, despite how my bed was essentially a straw pallet. Those suspicions could wait until tomorrow.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Rhinumehr
Attaché

Founded: Nov 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhinumehr » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:23 pm

I woke up in a grassy patch of land, far above the waterline. Before, the waterline was where it usually was at low tide. But, now, the waterline was even lower down.

A man stood above me, and spoke to me in what seemed like a pre-arabic language. Somehow, though, I was able to understand him. He had asked me If I was alright. I, in quick blurb or speech, said, "Where am I?" But, oddly, it came out in the same pre-arabic language. The man seemed to understand me. He responded, still in pre-arabic, "You are in the village, of course!"
"What village?" I asked, thoroughly confused.
"Los Millares! You are a funny man. You do not even know where you are! And you don't even wear clothing!"
I looked down and my self, and discovered that he was right. I was stark naked! I quickly covered myself with my hands.
"Do you... have any clothing...?" I asked him, awkwardly, while attempting to stand up and keep myself covered at the same time.
"Yes I do! Why don't you follow me into the village? I'll get you some clothes," he proposed.
"Sure," I said, accepting his proposal.
Random box.
Rhin Language

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:22 pm

Reservation for Talking to villagers
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation