NATION

PASSWORD

Gods among Us [Superhero] (OOC/Signup/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Scotatrova
Senator

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:40 am

Name: The Acquainted Six / The Six
Operational Range/Jurisdiction: Southwestern United States
Headquarters: No permanent HQ
Membership: Membership is open to anyone willing to join and stick with the group
Leader: Thunder
Members: Thunder, Stealth, Apex, Livewire, Techno and Velocity.
Mission: To destroy all superheroes they encounter and cause destruction.
Brief History: The Acquainted Six is a elite group of unique supervillains who are dedicated to destroying superheroes and causing mayhem and disarray. The group was formed in Las Vegas, Nevada by team leader Thunder, who is joined alongside Apex, Furtim, Livewire, Velocity and Techno to form the Acquainted Six.
432 This is for tracking applications easier
The Scotatrovian People's Republic
La Repuvlia eh’Oneix Scotatrofina

Official Factbook

Xanatau
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Xanatau » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:33 am

Finished all apps now.

Acadeshia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Acadeshia » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:53 am

So here I'm going at ask it again. My introduction Arc is finished, so is there anyone I can interact with, like, anyone? Or maybe another Arc I can join?
"To teach is to touch a life forever."
"If there was ever an evil in this world that good could not defeat, what would you do? Would you stain your hands with evil to defeat that evil? Or would you keep to your own justice, and succumb to that evil?"
"Only those prepared to die, should kill. Only those prepared to sacrifice everything, can expect anything. Only those prepared to lose everything, can achieve anything."

Roleplay:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=334502
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=335385

Xanatau
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Xanatau » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:08 am

Martian military

Cerberi are the elite infantry of the League of Mars, serving as the Dragonhead's personal bodyguard on the battlefield. They are well equipped with the most advanced weapons and vehicles of the Martian Armed Forces. The average soldier is armed with an Icar battle rifle which fires ionized bolts of nyx that can incinerate flesh and lesser steels in mere seconds. As a result of their Martian physiology, they are considerably stronger than the average human, they can crush bone and they are very adept at hand to hand combat. They are well disciplined and will retreat orderly, they are fearless and will risk their lives to save their superiors. Each one is equipped with a HADES full body suit that renders most modern arms useless against them. That said, they are not invulnerable, they bleed like humans and they can die like humans.

4,500 of them were present for the Battle for Earth

Xanatau auxiliaries

The Xanatau, once a proud people are now shadows of their former selves after their subjugation at the hands of the 'new' Martians. They are primarily used as cannon fodder, given minimal training and obsolete equipment. However, they are still capable fighters in their own right and are experienced at guerrilla warfare.

Xanatau Chieftans

The Chieftans of the various Xanatau tribes are afforded the (second) best equipment in the Martian military. They are armed with energy staffs and power armor. They prefer to fight at close range.

Mk.VIII 'Gargoyle'

The Gargoyle unmanned aircraft is the main space superiority fighter of the Martian aerial forces. Due to the fact that they were intended for space combat, they are far faster than any current human aircraft. They are armed with duel pillum cannons near the nose of the craft.

Nemean War Droid

The Nemean War Droid is 3.6 meters tall, is armed with six Tricar cannons for anti-personnel action and a 160mm Solcrum main cannon for anti-armor. The droid is unmanned and is operated with sophisticated Martian-developed A.I.

Chariot class frigate

The frigate's main armament is its complement of Mk.VIII Gargoyle star fighters, each one has 26. The ship is 200 meters long and its hull is reinforced with Iritius steel and radiation shield, which combined, is strong enough to withstand a nuclear strike. There are 104 of this class in the invading Armada.

Xanatau
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Xanatau » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:11 am

Acadeshia wrote:So here I'm going at ask it again. My introduction Arc is finished, so is there anyone I can interact with, like, anyone? Or maybe another Arc I can join?

I'm overseeing my invasion of Earth, my rp'ing will continue when the main phase begins. Sorry. Maybe you could join that?

Acadeshia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Acadeshia » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:31 am

Xanatau wrote:
Acadeshia wrote:So here I'm going at ask it again. My introduction Arc is finished, so is there anyone I can interact with, like, anyone? Or maybe another Arc I can join?

I'm overseeing my invasion of Earth, my rp'ing will continue when the main phase begins. Sorry. Maybe you could join that?

Might be a possibility. What is the goal of the Martians? They might align with my own, in which case I might join their side.
"If there was ever an evil in this world that good could not defeat, what would you do? Would you stain your hands with evil to defeat that evil? Or would you keep to your own justice, and succumb to that evil?"
"Only those prepared to die, should kill. Only those prepared to sacrifice everything, can expect anything. Only those prepared to lose everything, can achieve anything."

Roleplay:

Xanatau
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Xanatau » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:49 am

Acadeshia wrote:Might be a possibility. What is the goal of the Martians? They might align with my own, in which case I might join their side.

The Martians, more accurately, the House of Mars's goal is to spread the will of the Vessel of Mars, an ancient entity as old as the planet itself. The entity is the embodiment of war and subtlety enslaves mortal beings by granting them god-like powers, in return they must spread his will throughout the Galaxy. The League of Mars are given the illusion they have free will but in reality are willing slaves to the Vessel. In order to spread his will, they need to build a vast empire by conquering planets and whole star systems. They also need slaves and resources to meet that end. In reality, the driving force behind this invasion is the Vessel itself, the true God of War. There is no depth he isn't willing to sink to in order to accomplish his goal.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:12 am

Xanatau wrote:
Acadeshia wrote:Might be a possibility. What is the goal of the Martians? They might align with my own, in which case I might join their side.

The Martians, more accurately, the House of Mars's goal is to spread the will of the Vessel of Mars, an ancient entity as old as the planet itself. The entity is the embodiment of war and subtlety enslaves mortal beings by granting them god-like powers, in return they must spread his will throughout the Galaxy. The League of Mars are given the illusion they have free will but in reality are willing slaves to the Vessel. In order to spread his will, they need to build a vast empire by conquering planets and whole star systems. They also need slaves and resources to meet that end. In reality, the driving force behind this invasion is the Vessel itself, the true God of War. There is no depth he isn't willing to sink to in order to accomplish his goal.

So you can, basically, either sign up for the Martian WayTM, temporarily decide to aid the earth defenders due to intersecting goals, or start trying to whack heroes/villains over the head and drag them into your reeducation facility.

Xanatau
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Xanatau » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:24 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Xanatau wrote:

So you can, basically, either sign up for the Martian WayTM, temporarily decide to aid the earth defenders due to intersecting goals, or start trying to whack heroes/villains over the head and drag them into your reeducation facility.

There is no benefit whatsoever in aiding the Martians, so yeah. But this goal is obviously not yet know to the humans. The nature of the Martians is almost completely unknown.
Last edited by Xanatau on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:53 am

Is the martian invasion planned as a secondary thread?

Just thought it might be a good idea to let folk who aren't talking part continue playing in the Los Santos sandbox/destroying the city :P

Plus shorter ICs are more likely to draw in new players, who we will need eventually to replace folk as they drop off.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Xanatau
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Xanatau » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:59 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:Is the martian invasion planned as a secondary thread?

It could be, it's not decided yet.

Acadeshia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Acadeshia » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:16 am

Xanatau wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

There is no benefit whatsoever in aiding the Martians, so yeah. But this goal is obviously not yet know to the humans. The nature of the Martians is almost completely unknown.

Well, Shojiro's goal is simply to end all war, he doesn't particularly care by what means. So I'm thinking he joins your side, at least until he figures out that once you have conquered earth you'll simply just move on to another war with another planet, and then switch sides since unifying earth under the Vessel will only lead to more war.

Roleplay:

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:28 am

Xanatau wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:Is the martian invasion planned as a secondary thread?

It could be, it's not decided yet.

I'd appreciate it that you didn't invade until later this afternoon, I have an app that isn't with me I was planning on using during the invasion.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:28 am

If Alice gets to meet the President she will make an elevator pitch on why he should bring her on as an Advisor on meta-human affairs.

The mages
Spokesperson

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The mages » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:33 am

Super Identity: The Dragon
Real Identity: Pyron Drake
Is the true identity public knowledge or private?: known to most government agencies but not street knowledge.
Hero, Villain, or Neutral?: Neutral
Age: IC he doesnt know but its estimated hes around 60 though his lifespan as the dragon is unknown
Appearance: A great golden dragon with a 5ft wingspan, his eyes are a piercing crimson with his body mostly resembling that of a human but with parts that resemble a dragon (i.E Dragon wings, an jaw that protrudes forwards, claws etc.) but mostly remaining bipedal, humanoid and retaining his sentience etc. but having no knowledge of his past.

Group Affiliation:Neutral
Legal Sanctions:Vigilante
D&D Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Powers: can breathe a spout of golden flames and has the ability to effortlessly fly unless pushed to very high speed limits, can use a short-range magical blink though cannot set where to blink to and this may often end him up in dangerous situations. if he chooses he can release a very strong punch able to knock a man through a building though immediatley after he will be KO'ed due to the energy required to pull of such a feat of strength.
Equipment: equipped with literally nothing, unless you count the fact his horns are pretty good at stabbing or they would be if they werent on his head
Power Origin: something of a mix between mutation and magic (he was changed by a magical spell and permanently mutated)
Weaknesses:The dragon is highly susceptible to attacks from magic weapons or from spells, technology that can replicate this is also sufficent, he also cannot swim.
Personality: Detached, unforgiving to the immoral,paranoid(especially noticeable when asking about his past), attempts to awkwardly joke to make a situation seem less dire, constantly strives for perfection even to the detriment of others though he also strives for moral perfection as well whilst remaining oblivious to this philosophical hypocrisy.
Background:the dragon was the name he adopted after being taken from his old life forever, a man robed all in crimson came to his house one day burning everything he owned and destroying everything he knew all with that one quote that remains in his head to this day "it was never yours, nobody ever owns anything or anyone, im just having fun" and from that point onward his memory fades to blank with the Dragon only remembering waking up a day later to find he had the features of fabled dragons and with how long he has gone on for he doesnt care about being a hero he just wants to die with the truth.

Theme song: Waking up by julien-k

RP experience: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=340550 https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=330832 https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=327920
423 this is to make tracking easier
Last edited by The mages on Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:27 pm

The mages wrote:Super Identity: The Dragon
Real Identity: Pyron Drake
Is the true identity public knowledge or private?: known to most government agencies but not street knowledge.
Hero, Villain, or Neutral?: Neutral
Age: IC he doesnt know but its estimated hes around 60 though his lifespan as the dragon is unknown
Appearance: A great golden dragon with a 5ft wingspan, his eyes are a piercing crimson with his body mostly resembling that of a human but with parts that resemble a dragon (i.E Dragon wings, an jaw that protrudes forwards, claws etc.) but mostly remaining bipedal, humanoid and retaining his sentience etc. but having no knowledge of his past.

Group Affiliation:Neutral
Legal Sanctions:Vigilante
D&D Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Powers: can breathe a spout of golden flames and has the ability to effortlessly fly unless pushed to very high speed limits, can use a short-range magical blink though cannot set where to blink to and this may often end him up in dangerous situations. if he chooses he can release a very strong punch able to knock a man through a building though immediatley after he will be KO'ed due to the energy required to pull of such a feat of strength.
Equipment: equipped with literally nothing, unless you count the fact his horns are pretty good at stabbing or they would be if they werent on his head
Power Origin: something of a mix between mutation and magic (he was changed by a magical spell and permanently mutated)
Weaknesses:The dragon is highly susceptible to attacks from magic weapons or from spells, technology that can replicate this is also sufficent, he also cannot swim.
Personality: Detached, unforgiving to the immoral,paranoid(especially noticeable when asking about his past), attempts to awkwardly joke to make a situation seem less dire, constantly strives for perfection even to the detriment of others though he also strives for moral perfection as well whilst remaining oblivious to this philosophical hypocrisy.
Background:the dragon was the name he adopted after being taken from his old life forever, a man robed all in crimson came to his house one day burning everything he owned and destroying everything he knew all with that one quote that remains in his head to this day "it was never yours, nobody ever owns anything or anyone, im just having fun" and from that point onward his memory fades to blank with the Dragon only remembering waking up a day later to find he had the features of fabled dragons and with how long he has gone on for he doesnt care about being a hero he just wants to die with the truth.

Theme song: Waking up by julien-k

RP experience: mild (so far ive roleplayed in around 3 maybe 4 roleplays and hosted 2 of my own which so far havent seen to much success but i can be a good player)

any links to the RPs you've been in would be great.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Confederation of imperial states
Senator

Founded: Nov 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:44 pm

Everyone is freaking out about an invasion, meanwhile Dark Lord is building an army underground.

Asterdan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:00 pm

Super Identity:
Real Identity: Damien
Is the true identity public knowledge or private? Private
Hero, Villain, or Neutral? Villain
Appearance:

Group Affiliation: None
Legal Sanctions: None
D&D Alignment: Chaotic
Powers: Teleportation, Dark Arts, Hell-Fire and Dark Fire, Dark Element Manipulation, Contract Bestowal and Summoning
Equipment: He has a staff which fire dark energy. It's essentially just for looks though.
Power Origin: Magic
Weaknesses: Holy weaponry is the only kind of weapon that can affect him, and Holy Water can hurt him greatly.
Personality: He feels himself above humanity, so talks down to every human he comes into contact with.
Background: Damien's true name cannot be pronounced in any human tongue, so he chose it for himself when he came up from the underworld. Damien isn't truly a demon, but he's close. He's more akin to a dark spirit, a very dangerous dark spirit. Damien was sent to cleanse the world of the only forces that could stop an invasion from the underworld. His first job was the Order of Spirits of Christ. It took centuries to find the right group to do his dirty work, but finally he settled on the Knights of Allah. For two hundred years, Damien manipulated the Knights, giving them power until they were able to attack the Order. They did, and he insured that they were destroyed as well.

It wasn't long after this attack that he discovered his son, Tenebris, had aided a Legion in escaping. Now Damien must track the monk down himself and kill him, as well as any other threats to an invasion by the underworld.

Theme song: N/A

RP experience: *points at other apps*
You can call me Aster. Yes, I did revive this nation... Again...

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:07 pm

Asterdan wrote:Super Identity:
Real Identity: Damien
Is the true identity public knowledge or private? Private
Hero, Villain, or Neutral? Villain
Appearance:

Group Affiliation: None
Legal Sanctions: None
D&D Alignment: Chaotic
Powers: Teleportation, Dark Arts, Hell-Fire and Dark Fire, Dark Element Manipulation, Contract Bestowal and Summoning
Equipment: He has a staff which fire dark energy. It's essentially just for looks though.
Power Origin: Magic
Weaknesses: Holy weaponry is the only kind of weapon that can affect him, and Holy Water can hurt him greatly.
Personality: He feels himself above humanity, so talks down to every human he comes into contact with.
Background: Damien's true name cannot be pronounced in any human tongue, so he chose it for himself when he came up from the underworld. Damien isn't truly a demon, but he's close. He's more akin to a dark spirit, a very dangerous dark spirit. Damien was sent to cleanse the world of the only forces that could stop an invasion from the underworld. His first job was the Order of Spirits of Christ. It took centuries to find the right group to do his dirty work, but finally he settled on the Knights of Allah. For two hundred years, Damien manipulated the Knights, giving them power until they were able to attack the Order. They did, and he insured that they were destroyed as well.

It wasn't long after this attack that he discovered his son, Tenebris, had aided a Legion in escaping. Now Damien must track the monk down himself and kill him, as well as any other threats to an invasion by the underworld.

Theme song: N/A

RP experience: *points at other apps*

Accepted.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Scotatrova
Senator

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Scotatrova wrote:Name: The Acquainted Six / The Six
Membership: Membership is open to anyone willing to join and stick with the group
Brief History: The Acquainted Six is a elite group of unique supervillains who are dedicated to destroying superheroes and causing mayhem and disarray. The group was formed in Las Vegas, Nevada by team leader Thunder, who is joined alongside Apex, Furtim, Livewire, Velocity and Techno to form the Acquainted Six.

In case this was missed...
The Scotatrovian People's Republic
La Repuvlia eh’Oneix Scotatrofina

Official Factbook

Videssos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Videssos » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:19 pm

Hmm, I'm thinking of potential stuff my new character (Koschei) can get involved in. Any ideas?
|Now a member of Mirakai's harem|
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?
"Winter is coming" - Stark motto.
Syrio Forel- "What do we say to the god of death?"
Arya Stark- "Not today"
Syrio Forel- "All men are made of water, do you know this? If you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die."
My Underworld RP ----> Here <~~~ My RP

Confederation of imperial states
Senator

Founded: Nov 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:36 pm

Scotatrova wrote:
Scotatrova wrote:Name: The Acquainted Six / The Six

In case this was missed...

I approve, but I'll let the OP have the final say

United States of Conner
Minister

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Conner » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:39 pm

So, can someone let me know when the invasion is about to go down, say, maybe a few hours before they enter the atmosphere? I've got a thing going with Pruss, but I can pause it, finish it over TG, and have Adonis and Specter in DC.

I've got some fun toys to bring.
Guns are tools, not toys.

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:57 pm

Super Identity: Adonis.
Real Identity: Adonis.
Is the true identity public knowledge or private? N/A.
Hero, Villain, or Neutral? Neutral.
Age: Biologically, he is 25. Chronologically, he is 5 years.
Appearance:

Group Affiliation: Akira International/ U.S. Military (Pending.)
Legal Sanctions: Bioweapon.
D&D Alignment: Lawful Evil.
Powers:
Able to lift 2,000x weight at highest capacity.
Able to reach and sustain speeds of up to 90 mph on average.
Can heal minor wounds within seconds, and regenerate organs and limbs within hours, or days, depending on energy level.
Can enter a hibernative state, in which his heart rate lowers to a one beat per hour, and the fat stores within his form are used for food. Upon leaving this state, Adonis requires his daily caloric intake multiplied by his days in hibernation.
Adonis' teeth are rather sharp, able to gouge steel and backed up by an insanely powerful jaw muscle. He also has a secondary layer of smaller curved teeth in his throat, in order to keep prey that has been eaten whole within.
Adonis can attain flight.
Sight in the ultraviolet and infared spectrums.
The ability to see within the bodies of others.
Wolf like senses.
Doesn't need sleep for three days.
Retractable five inch long talons.
Invulnerability to standard ballistic munitions and most weaponry.
Night vision.
Mild chameleon like ability, in which he can mimic the coloration and texture of a surface. Only sustainable for a short amount of time.
Inability to get sick.
Highly dense bone structure. A sledgehammer won't break anything without several hits, though he may get a sprain ir a hairline fracture.

Enhanced intelligence, on par with that of a genius.
Mild telepathic ability, in which he renders the will of others useless as he projects his own will upon them. Causes paralyzing fear, allowing him to kill them without incident. Untested on Keter class metahumans.

Equipment: Nano fiber bodysuit that can withstand standard, sustained, munitions fire.
Power Origin: Mutant/Technology/Alien.
Weaknesses: Adonis requires a massive amount of calories to survive- equal to an entire cow a day. If he doesn't eat at least half of that amount per day, he enters the aforementioned hibernative state.
Personality: Wolflike. He isn't human, or meta human, he is simply something else. He has no need for morality, or any sort of real emotion. He is cold, ruthless, and utterly inhuman.
Background: Adonis wasn't born. He was made. He is the end result of many trials by Akira International, to create a being capable of eliminating metahumans unkillable by conventional means.

Theme song: Moonlight Sonata.

RP experience: Would you mind if my first post serves as my example ? I usually don't do character rps, so I don't have any recent examples.
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Togeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:02 pm

RL stuff is keeping me from really doing anything, gonna have to pull out the RP.
I love telegrams please by all means telegram me!

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
Revolution in Sharphats-Stalemates
2nd Russian civil war-indecisive
Parazal Civil War-Support wasn't active militarily
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse