NATION

PASSWORD

Fallout Equestria: Worries in the Windy City (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Babylonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Babylonia » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:33 pm

New Babylonia wrote:App:
Name: Silent Thunder
Gender: Male... or maybe female. You won't be able to tell, so you'll have to ask.
Description: Poor pony creator simply will not do here. Physically looking at Silent, it is completely impossible to tell their gender without 'checking' or asking. Even their voice varies from sounding male, to female, to in between. Silent has a dark, jet black goat, a lighter shade of the same color is the primary for their mane/tail color scheme, with a secondary bright, 'lightning' yellow parting the seas of black. The eyes follow this scheme, being primarily a black iris, with a small section of yellow in both.
Species: Unicorn
Special Talent: Seduction
Personality: Flirtatious, promiscuous, intelligent, playful, happy, devious, mischievous, semi-sociopathic/tsundere and caring and protective after time, and also tends to be shy at first.
3 Tag Skills: Speech, unarmed, guns.
Gear:
Two knives
A 9mm pistol firing hollow points, 5 12 round magazines (+1 loaded)
Several suspicious drugs totally not used for knocking people out.
Roughly 2000 caps totally not stolen/seducted/other things out of ponies hooves.
A canteen of water.
Several candy bars or something.

Bio: Born in a town which Silent no longer remembered the name to, they were never very much like other ponies. Sure, a unicorn was nothing special, but being completely indistinguishable by gender certainly was. Even at birth, doctors had trouble telling from looking at the body structure of Silent whether he was a colt or a filly. When Silent began to speak, it helped not a bit to the world who could not physically check in distinguishing which hormone reigned supreme. A trait which grew only stronger with time. It was ignored as a minute, unimportant problem, as it surely was during the young ages of the pony. When reaching teenage years, however, the problem of hormones kicked in, an issue not only for Silent, but for all those in the town, as many still were unsure or completely clueless as to the actual gender of the unicorn. The theories ranged, some believed Silent to be a mare, as a large majority of their figure was very similar to or identical to that of a mare. Despite a small frame however, Silent had rather surprising strength, a strange contradiction to a very mare-like body, and one which caused others to speculate that Silent was merely a stallion, and a very submissive-like and effeminate one at that. Many never found the truth, but those who did, would never give an answer.

Whether it was from the way they learned, or perhaps the somewhat seductive and implying wink given after they did, is just a mystery as Silent's true gender. And in teenage years, the theory of the unicorn which raised several questions to being a mare was only helped by the starting habit of intentionally crafting themselves to look more feminine then they already did. The sexiness of a slim, curved frame combined with the thrill of a mystery, one only enhanced when intoxicated, added further to very intentional seductive acts began seeing many ponies, especially stallions, learning just what the truth was. And also learning later that morning, that their money was missing, and when Silent was investigated, no proof could be found of the unicorn being guilty of it. For those who were truly convinced the seductive pony was a thief, attempting to follow them into private rooms and do something about it was met with yet another surprise.

However, rather than being finding out who they really were, it was often a hidden knife plunging into them, or the body dropping pain of 9mm hollow point rounds tearing into them, all likely purchased with money cleverly stolen through the always faithful method of seduction, and occasionally, a few 'date rape' drugs. Perhaps it was the idea of being tricked by a pony like Silent, or perhaps they enjoyed it and saw fit to further the confusion of one of the towns most well recognized, and simultaneously unknown ponies. It had started as a silly joke by Silent to see what would happen, now turned into a well refined art, and one certainly capable of other hired jobs. Stealing things other than money, personal details, documents, and other things. Or extracting information, confessions, sensitive knowledge. Even used to bait traps, leading them into room filled with armed ponies to kill their lured target. A profitable practice for Silent, now saw bits flowing their way in ever increasing amounts. With a small circle of ponies secretly loyal to the unicorn always around in the bar where the transactions occurred, it ensured no one tried to get out of paying their dues, and created its own sphere of criminal influence. When Silent finally decided to leave, the unicorn decided to leave a large majority of the amassed wealth behind to a trusted associate, who would take over commanding those loyal the pony to do as he wishes with them and the money.

Keeping a healthy amount for themselves, which added up to 2000 bits - more than enough certainly - to get out of most troubling situations. Of course assuming the ability to talk smoothly and allure with graceful movements had failed to do so before a single bit was ever presented. It would turn out, though, that neither would really be of much need on the journey to somewhere new, a small skyline now visible in the distance. To Silent there was no question if there would be success, but rather, how much more would there be to had than in his old home.
App Finder

Annnnd bio. I changed a few stuff, as you may notice. Switched the special talent and some gear, to better reflect the bio story i decided to use. I just added a '0' to the 200 because it was quick, i'm not entirely sure if it is too much, but i am well prepared for believing it may be, in which case my first drop point would be roughly 750 if that's okay. Or maybe 200 was right all along, i'm not too sure.

Im sure you'll tell me though :P
Last edited by New Babylonia on Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The power of self is unlimited and ultimate, an unending wave of pure energy and being that could never be stopped, apart from time and forever ingrained into the fabrics of all being, this is the truth of Korrelian Existentialism.

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
Pronouns? Just use whatever, it's all the same to me :P
You will always have your friends, with your friends, you will never be alone. There will always be a light. Friendship is Magic, its the magic that brings the most glimmering lights of hope to the darkest of worlds. And as long as you have it, you will never have to be afraid of the dark. - Me, New Babylonia ^^

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:35 pm

New Babylonia wrote:Annnnd bio. I changed a few stuff, as you may notice. Switched the special talent and some gear, to better reflect the bio story i decided to use. I just added a '0' to the 200 because it was quick, i'm not entirely sure if it is too much, but i am well prepared for believing it may be, in which case my first drop point would be roughly 750 if that's okay. Or maybe 200 was right all along, i'm not too sure.

The Fallout universe doesn't have bits, or dollars. The currency in both regular Fallout and Fallout Equestria is bottle caps.

New Babylonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Babylonia » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:36 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:
New Babylonia wrote:Annnnd bio. I changed a few stuff, as you may notice. Switched the special talent and some gear, to better reflect the bio story i decided to use. I just added a '0' to the 200 because it was quick, i'm not entirely sure if it is too much, but i am well prepared for believing it may be, in which case my first drop point would be roughly 750 if that's okay. Or maybe 200 was right all along, i'm not too sure.

The Fallout universe doesn't have bits, or dollars. The currency in both regular Fallout and Fallout Equestria is bottle caps.

I dunno i thought read bits somewhere or something in here...
Then again i am somewhat exhausted from being outside, so i should probably check that before i look more silly.

Annnnnd yeah, i derped :P
Oopsie.... i'll uh, just fix that...
Last edited by New Babylonia on Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The power of self is unlimited and ultimate, an unending wave of pure energy and being that could never be stopped, apart from time and forever ingrained into the fabrics of all being, this is the truth of Korrelian Existentialism.

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
You will always have your friends, with your friends, you will never be alone. There will always be a light. Friendship is Magic, its the magic that brings the most glimmering lights of hope to the darkest of worlds. And as long as you have it, you will never have to be afraid of the dark. - Me, New Babylonia ^^

Das Metro
Senator

Founded: Sep 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Das Metro » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:43 pm

New Babylonia wrote:
New Babylonia wrote:App:
Name: Silent Thunder
Gender: Male... or maybe female. You won't be able to tell, so you'll have to ask.
Description: Poor pony creator simply will not do here. Physically looking at Silent, it is completely impossible to tell their gender without 'checking' or asking. Even their voice varies from sounding male, to female, to in between. Silent has a dark, jet black goat, a lighter shade of the same color is the primary for their mane/tail color scheme, with a secondary bright, 'lightning' yellow parting the seas of black. The eyes follow this scheme, being primarily a black iris, with a small section of yellow in both.
Species: Unicorn
Special Talent: Seduction
Personality: Flirtatious, promiscuous, intelligent, playful, happy, devious, mischievous, semi-sociopathic/tsundere and caring and protective after time, and also tends to be shy at first.
3 Tag Skills: Speech, unarmed, guns.
Gear:
Two knives
A 9mm pistol firing hollow points, 5 12 round magazines (+1 loaded)
Several suspicious drugs totally not used for knocking people out.
Roughly 2000 caps totally not stolen/seducted/other things out of ponies hooves.
A canteen of water.
Several candy bars or something.

Bio: Born in a town which Silent no longer remembered the name to, they were never very much like other ponies. Sure, a unicorn was nothing special, but being completely indistinguishable by gender certainly was. Even at birth, doctors had trouble telling from looking at the body structure of Silent whether he was a colt or a filly. When Silent began to speak, it helped not a bit to the world who could not physically check in distinguishing which hormone reigned supreme. A trait which grew only stronger with time. It was ignored as a minute, unimportant problem, as it surely was during the young ages of the pony. When reaching teenage years, however, the problem of hormones kicked in, an issue not only for Silent, but for all those in the town, as many still were unsure or completely clueless as to the actual gender of the unicorn. The theories ranged, some believed Silent to be a mare, as a large majority of their figure was very similar to or identical to that of a mare. Despite a small frame however, Silent had rather surprising strength, a strange contradiction to a very mare-like body, and one which caused others to speculate that Silent was merely a stallion, and a very submissive-like and effeminate one at that. Many never found the truth, but those who did, would never give an answer.

Whether it was from the way they learned, or perhaps the somewhat seductive and implying wink given after they did, is just a mystery as Silent's true gender. And in teenage years, the theory of the unicorn which raised several questions to being a mare was only helped by the starting habit of intentionally crafting themselves to look more feminine then they already did. The sexiness of a slim, curved frame combined with the thrill of a mystery, one only enhanced when intoxicated, added further to very intentional seductive acts began seeing many ponies, especially stallions, learning just what the truth was. And also learning later that morning, that their money was missing, and when Silent was investigated, no proof could be found of the unicorn being guilty of it. For those who were truly convinced the seductive pony was a thief, attempting to follow them into private rooms and do something about it was met with yet another surprise.

However, rather than being finding out who they really were, it was often a hidden knife plunging into them, or the body dropping pain of 9mm hollow point rounds tearing into them, all likely purchased with money cleverly stolen through the always faithful method of seduction, and occasionally, a few 'date rape' drugs. Perhaps it was the idea of being tricked by a pony like Silent, or perhaps they enjoyed it and saw fit to further the confusion of one of the towns most well recognized, and simultaneously unknown ponies. It had started as a silly joke by Silent to see what would happen, now turned into a well refined art, and one certainly capable of other hired jobs. Stealing things other than money, personal details, documents, and other things. Or extracting information, confessions, sensitive knowledge. Even used to bait traps, leading them into room filled with armed ponies to kill their lured target. A profitable practice for Silent, now saw bits flowing their way in ever increasing amounts. With a small circle of ponies secretly loyal to the unicorn always around in the bar where the transactions occurred, it ensured no one tried to get out of paying their dues, and created its own sphere of criminal influence. When Silent finally decided to leave, the unicorn decided to leave a large majority of the amassed wealth behind to a trusted associate, who would take over commanding those loyal the pony to do as he wishes with them and the money.

Keeping a healthy amount for themselves, which added up to 2000 bits - more than enough certainly - to get out of most troubling situations. Of course assuming the ability to talk smoothly and allure with graceful movements had failed to do so before a single bit was ever presented. It would turn out, though, that neither would really be of much need on the journey to somewhere new, a small skyline now visible in the distance. To Silent there was no question if there would be success, but rather, how much more would there be to had than in his old home.
App Finder

Annnnd bio. I changed a few stuff, as you may notice. Switched the special talent and some gear, to better reflect the bio story i decided to use. I just added a '0' to the 200 because it was quick, i'm not entirely sure if it is too much, but i am well prepared for believing it may be, in which case my first drop point would be roughly 750 if that's okay. Or maybe 200 was right all along, i'm not too sure.

They sounds like they'd be good buddies with Opium.
Just call me Metro OOC
New Willow wrote:I can't stop laughing right now, my sides hurt so much right now! Bravo you have reached the rank of professional comedian.

Member of NS' Hoofington Reapers

New Babylonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Babylonia » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:45 pm

Das Metro wrote:
New Babylonia wrote:

They sounds like they'd be good buddies with Opium.

Considering the minor lack of empathy and mischievous nature, as well as the whole seduction thing, yes, that is EXACTLY what i was thinking as well.

Also the hilarity of Silent acting like a stallion, then a mare, then like neither, then switching to one again.

Das Metro
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Metro » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:56 pm

New Babylonia wrote:
Das Metro wrote:They sounds like they'd be good buddies with Opium.

Considering the minor lack of empathy and mischievous nature, as well as the whole seduction thing, yes, that is EXACTLY what i was thinking as well.

Also the hilarity of Silent acting like a stallion, then a mare, then like neither, then switching to one again.

Opium does like an androgynous pony.
Just call me Metro OOC
New Willow wrote:I can't stop laughing right now, my sides hurt so much right now! Bravo you have reached the rank of professional comedian.

New Babylonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Babylonia » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:58 pm

Das Metro wrote:
New Babylonia wrote:Considering the minor lack of empathy and mischievous nature, as well as the whole seduction thing, yes, that is EXACTLY what i was thinking as well.

Opium does like an androgynous pony.

Silent is very very very androgynous. And of course can change how much of which gender he looks depending on who he wants to catch. Which is technically anyone, because no inhibitions based on gender.

Also may or may not try to seduce Opium too, although that won't end anything like they usually do when they do it. If it even happens at all lol.

Das Metro
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Metro » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:04 pm

New Babylonia wrote:
Das Metro wrote:Opium does like an androgynous pony.

Silent is very very very androgynous. And of course can change how much of which gender he looks depending on who he wants to catch. Which is technically anyone, because no inhibitions based on gender.

Also may or may not try to seduce Opium too, although that won't end anything like they usually do when they do it. If it even happens at all lol.

That would largely depend on the setting, and his mood, which probably changes more than Silent's gender identify :p
Just call me Metro OOC

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:11 pm

I don't get Opium. He's a sexist who hates mares, and yet he likes ponies who could possibly be female for all he knows. If he hates females, then wouldn't he stick to stallions, and ponies he knew were male, or just be celibate? It really is odd for a complete and utter sexist character like Opium to have a thing for gender neutral ponies.

He definitely plays the part of a drug abusing psychopath pretty damn well, though, I'll give him that.

Das Metro
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Metro » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:18 pm

I don't get Opium. He's a sexist who hates mares, and yet he likes ponies who could possibly be female for all he knows. If he hates females, then wouldn't he stick to stallions, and ponies he knew were male, or just be celibate? It really is odd for a complete and utter sexist character like Opium to have a thing for gender neutral ponies.

He definitely plays the part of a drug abusing psychopath pretty damn well, though, I'll give him that.

It's not so much that he's a sexist, but he see's his mother in every mare he meets. With how much he absolutely despises his mother, he tends to project those feelings onto mares. He likes the androgynous look because either they're a feminine stallion, whom he believes to have all the fair looks, but also the emotional sensitivity that he claims mares don't have, or the androgynous pony is a masculine mare, which he simply hates a little less. If he figures out Silent is really a colt, then all those feelings of animosity dissappear.
Just call me Metro OOC

Felkesjud
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Felkesjud » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:25 pm

Good bio, and accepted. :)
2000 is quite a bit of caps, though I'm fine with it. Anyway, bits, even though not a currency of their own, are worth something in the Equestrian wastes--just not much :P

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:33 pm

Felkesjud wrote:Good bio, and accepted. :)
2000 is quite a bit of caps, though I'm fine with it. Anyway, bits, even though not a currency of their own, are worth something in the Equestrian wastes--just not much :P

Going by New Vegas standards, two thousand caps equals Jack shit. Seriously, getting anything worthwhile in New Vegas can cost upwards of well over five thousand caps; it costs more than twelve thousand caps to repair power armor, even with maxed out barter, and most other remotely decent armors cost over three or four thousand caps to get repairs on. Good weapons, too, cost an absolute fortune to buy and repair.

Two thousand caps is chump's change in New Vegas.

Das Metro wrote:It's not so much that he's a sexist, but he see's his mother in every mare he meets. With how much he absolutely despises his mother, he tends to project those feelings onto mares. He likes the androgynous look because either they're a feminine stallion, whom he believes to have all the fair looks, but also the emotional sensitivity that he claims mares don't have, or the androgynous pony is a masculine mare, which he simply hates a little less. If he figures out Silent is really a colt, then all those feelings of animosity dissappear.

Well, that makes sense, kinda. Anyway, if Opium likes to fuck stallions, do you think he'd maybe try and get into bed with Redeeming Grace?

Das Metro
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Metro » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:41 pm

Das Metro wrote:It's not so much that he's a sexist, but he see's his mother in every mare he meets. With how much he absolutely despises his mother, he tends to project those feelings onto mares. He likes the androgynous look because either they're a feminine stallion, whom he believes to have all the fair looks, but also the emotional sensitivity that he claims mares don't have, or the androgynous pony is a masculine mare, which he simply hates a little less. If he figures out Silent is really a colt, then all those feelings of animosity dissappear.

Well, that makes sense, kinda. Anyway, if Opium likes to fuck stallions, do you think he'd maybe try and get into bed with Redeeming Grace?[/quote]
Most likely. Opium always has been a bit of a playboy.
Just call me Metro OOC

Fralinia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fralinia » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:44 pm

Marvelous character, Babylonia. I'm looking forward to their exploits, there's certainly a lot to work with there.
John Rawls wrote:Justice is the first virtue of social institutions, as truth is of systems of thought. A theory, however elegant and economical must be rejected or revised if it is untrue; likewise laws and institutions no matter how efficient and well-arranged must be reformed or abolished if they are unjust.

Che Guevera wrote: At a given moment it appears that there may have been a great commotion and a single great change. But that change has been gestating among men day by day, and sometimes generation by generation.
History buff, anti-imperialist. Small horse aficionado. Big fan of Paradox games and almost-state-champion debater.
I read the news.
This poster is a known communist sympathizer.

Felkesjud
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Felkesjud » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:45 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:Going by New Vegas standards, two thousand caps equals Jack shit. Seriously, getting anything worthwhile in New Vegas can cost upwards of well over five thousand caps; it costs more than twelve thousand caps to repair power armor, even with maxed out barter, and most other remotely decent armors cost over three or four thousand caps to get repairs on. Good weapons, too, cost an absolute fortune to buy and repair.

Ah, I've never played New Vegas. I played Fallout 3 a couple times, though. In that game, 2000 caps is a pretty decent sum: good quality combat armour and a strong (ballistic) gun with plenty ammo. But, I guess it's up to Fan which system we go with. It personally doesn't matter to me.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:49 pm

Das Metro wrote:Most likely. Opium always has been a bit of a playboy.

Well, then, I think it's time for some seduction and some hot stallion on stallion action.

I'll be working on a post fairly shortly. I'll probably be done somewhere in the frame of an hour, maybe a little more, depending on how much I decide to write.

Felkesjud wrote:Ah, I've never played New Vegas. I played Fallout 3 a couple times, though. In that game, 2000 caps is a pretty decent sum: good quality combat armour and a strong (ballistic) gun with plenty ammo. But, I guess it's up to Fan which system we go with. It personally doesn't matter to me.

Then stop posting on this thread, go to Steam, buy the Fallout New Vegas ultimate edition, and spend the next seventy hours playing it nonstop. Fallout New Vegas is fucking awesome, you really ought to go and play it.

New Willow
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Willow » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:52 pm

Felkesjud wrote:Ah, I've never played New Vegas. I played Fallout 3 a couple times, though. In that game, 2000 caps is a pretty decent sum: good quality combat armour and a strong (ballistic) gun with plenty ammo. But, I guess it's up to Fan which system we go with. It personally doesn't matter to me.

Then stop posting on this thread, go to Steam, buy the Fallout New Vegas ultimate edition, and spend the next seventy hours playing it nonstop. Fallout New Vegas is fucking awesome, you really ought to go and play it.

And after that, start at least five modded playthroughs.
Bula durah shtik malakem, & Pulya - Dura; Shtyk - Molodets, are the same thing as far as my ears are concerned. ~♥
Follower of the Apocalypse & proud member of Duty. ~♥
Queen of the Bat ponies
Fralinia wrote:Turning out well? You're bloody fantastic! I have developed a new sort of "Yes!" moment for myself whenever I see that you've posted. You are set to be a great roleplayer in the near future.
I believe that old soldiers don't die, they just fade away. Their souls are still in my heart. -Syngman Rhee
President Vladimir Putin has been nominated for a Nobel prize in Medicine for his work on clinical depression.
Apparently he can predict who will commit suicide the next week in London by just picking up his phone.

Felkesjud
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Felkesjud » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:53 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:Well, then, I think it's time for some seduction and some hot stallion on stallion action.

I'll be working on a post fairly shortly. I'll probably be done somewhere in the frame of an hour, maybe a little more, depending on how much I decide to write.

Make sure to keep it PG-13. We don't want this thread getting shut down ;)

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:Then stop posting on this thread, go to Steam, buy the Fallout New Vegas ultimate edition, and spend the next seventy hours playing it nonstop. Fallout New Vegas is fucking awesome, you really ought to go and play it.

Haha, if I had money to spare, I totally would. But, as life would have it, I don't :c

Fantrum
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:44 pm

Felkesjud wrote:Good bio, and accepted. :)

Going by New Vegas standards, two thousand caps equals Jack shit. Seriously, getting anything worthwhile in New Vegas can cost upwards of well over five thousand caps; it costs more than twelve thousand caps to repair power armor, even with maxed out barter, and most other remotely decent armors cost over three or four thousand caps to get repairs on. Good weapons, too, cost an absolute fortune to buy and repair.

This is not New Vegas, this is Fallout Equestria. While you have a point in that in NV caps are much easier to come by, this is a totally different universe with a different economy described in the books. Caps are worth much more here, in that 2000 caps will go a long way, but Felke supports the App, so I've added Babs to the OP, welcome aboard.
"I expected you to be an eggplant." - Felkesjud
"I think this entire role-play should just be turned into a dating simulator." - Violante
"I imagine Fantrum as Flippy." - Danz Herlmon

Felkesjud
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Felkesjud » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:28 pm

Er, Rus, I don't mean to be a killjoy, but where did you get the info that Changelings don't need water to survive? I understand feeding on love replaces their need for physical food. But, I don't understand not needing water. Everything that lives needs water.
Other than that, nice post :)

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:43 pm

Felkesjud wrote:Er, Rus, I don't mean to be a killjoy, but where did you get the info that Changelings don't need water to survive? I understand feeding on love replaces their need for physical food. But, I don't understand not needing water. Everything that lives needs water.

Changelings are magical parasites that leech off love, not normal creatures. I think the show has made it very apparent that Changelings have a very much so different internal anatomy than normal ponies and that they have their own radically different set of physical needs.

Das Metro
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Metro » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:51 pm

Felkesjud wrote:Er, Rus, I don't mean to be a killjoy, but where did you get the info that Changelings don't need water to survive? I understand feeding on love replaces their need for physical food. But, I don't understand not needing water. Everything that lives needs water.

Changelings are magical parasites that leech off love, not normal creatures. I think the show has made it very apparent that Changelings have a very much so different internal anatomy than normal ponies and that they have their own radically different set of physical needs.

I hope he's not thinking of trying to get love out of Opium. I'm not sure if he's capable of feeling anything other than bittersweet amusement.
Just call me Metro OOC

Felkesjud
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Felkesjud » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:51 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:Changelings are magical parasites that leech off love, not normal creatures. I think the show has made it very apparent that Changelings have a very much so different internal anatomy than normal ponies and that they have their own radically different set of physical needs.

Yes, it was made rather obvious they were different: they can feed off of a non-physical emotion for sustenance.* As depicted in the show, they can also all change their appearance (hopefully within reason). But, being a living organism, they would still need water--just as real life insects still need water, even with their vastly different body structure to mammals and other animals. And, there is nothing to suggest the opposite is true for Changelings.
So, it would be vastly appreciated if you remove the statement saying Changelings don't need water.
*Edit: Well, technically emotions are physical, if you count the chemicals involved as the emotions. In that case, they would have a very minor physical presence.
Last edited by Felkesjud on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Babylonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Babylonia » Fri May 01, 2015 3:31 am

Das Metro wrote:
Fascist Russian Empire wrote:I don't get Opium. He's a sexist who hates mares, and yet he likes ponies who could possibly be female for all he knows. If he hates females, then wouldn't he stick to stallions, and ponies he knew were male, or just be celibate? It really is odd for a complete and utter sexist character like Opium to have a thing for gender neutral ponies.

It's not so much that he's a sexist, but he see's his mother in every mare he meets. With how much he absolutely despises his mother, he tends to project those feelings onto mares. He likes the androgynous look because either they're a feminine stallion, whom he believes to have all the fair looks, but also the emotional sensitivity that he claims mares don't have, or the androgynous pony is a masculine mare, which he simply hates a little less. If he figures out Silent is really a colt, then all those feelings of animosity dissappear.

I have a feeling Opium of all ponies will be learning what Silent really is verrryyy quickly.

Fralinia wrote:Marvelous character, Babylonia. I'm looking forward to their exploits, there's certainly a lot to work with there.

I had to edit him ALOT. The real Silent, as they were made for a fanfic, is an Alicorn. And, well, since they are the antagonist, very very very overpowered :P
About the only thing that didn't change about Silent is the color scheme, physical gender, and the fact that by nature even the 'canon' version is very playful and mischievous.

Also, i have to keep rereading my posts to make sure i use gender neutral pronouns. It is so difficult to remember. I've almost given away the 'surprise' like 4 times in this post alone. This is all Slorch's fault. *nods*
Last edited by New Babylonia on Fri May 01, 2015 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slorch
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Slorch » Fri May 01, 2015 5:04 am

New Babylonia wrote:

I have a feeling Opium of all ponies will be learning what Silent really is verrryyy quickly.

Fralinia wrote:Marvelous character, Babylonia. I'm looking forward to their exploits, there's certainly a lot to work with there.

I had to edit him ALOT. The real Silent, as they were made for a fanfic, is an Alicorn. And, well, since they are the antagonist, very very very overpowered :P
About the only thing that didn't change about Silent is the color scheme, physical gender, and the fact that by nature even the 'canon' version is very playful and mischievous.

Also, i have to keep rereading my posts to make sure i use gender neutral pronouns. It is so difficult to remember. I've almost given away the 'surprise' like 4 times in this post alone. This is all Slorch's fault. *nods*

Hey!...
"... Ultramarines never have to deal with shit like that. Then again, they are the Ultramarines. Rebels don't surrender out of fear of them, they surrender because the last they want is another lecture about their prowess in battle."- AETEN II
Slorch wrote:click the 'wrote' button.
Nua Corda wrote:click the 'wrote' button.

Fluttershy is Best pony

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse