NATION

PASSWORD

"The Great One" WW2 RP OOC thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:36 pm

Elepis wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:Were my posts all right? I think they were pretty good.

Like the Turkish player, you need to describe the events in more detail, eg the march on Beijing

describe the communists planning the march
describe the march itself
describe entering Beijing
describe rounding up the nationalists

I thought that everyone just wanted to know what happened without unnecessary fluff. I like that in other people's posts, I thought you did too. Sorry.

Zatak
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:46 pm

I have been RPing on this site for several years, Have made a reputation in P2TM RPs and have changed the way RL RP are made and at the current moment this RP is failing. You are all good people i do not doubt that but guys i will be honest you are failing at RPing in this setting. For one the average post length for a RL RP is about half of my second post minimum and before you ask every post should be like that no matter what unless you have a good reason such as in character meetings.

Second you guys lack details... I heard someone mention that people only want the basic info and that is not true at all in fact that is wrong on many levels. A RP aint about effects it is about telling a story and as such one must use everything available to them. I often use the role of a character to explain things or multiple characters from different views for example one character may be a simple middle class civilian and the over on the ends of poverty and explain the different views. Next you have to explain how things you do effect your nation and do things in your nation for example say you wanted to make a canal Where would it be? how big is it? why do this? all of these should be five lines and such. Do not do basics do story, construct things, change laws but explain Why you do it, what you want it to do, what it is and how it is viewed from different view points. The same for rebellions as mentioned by Elepis you need to explain about it and write about detailed encounters but also the views from different perspectives such as a view from a member of the rebellion, a average joe and a high class civilian.

The same goes for military. Write in detail your operation plans and how much forces are involved and during the next few posts write about how it went and such but remember to keep it realistic. You will lose men and fail at times along with this the Average operation plan should be at least 6 sets of 5 lines and each phase post 4 sets of 5 lines at minimum. If i see any less i will ignore it if you enter combat with me.

Remember to utilize colors, images and strong words when also posting as it adds to the effect and draws in people. The RP world is limited but remember that basic is never good enough and that "Meaningless fluff" is just as important if not more as it allows for people to get a better view on your nation Keep stories interesting, funny exciting, dark whatever your heart wishes you can do!

As i said before You can RP events but only a certain good few can RP story and human interaction.
want a embassy in zatak just click the link below
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=276378

Contact the Zatakian Government at: zatagovtele@hotmail.com

Follow the Zatakian Government On twitter!!!: https://twitter.com/ZatakGovernment

Previous

Return to Portal to the Multiverse