NATION

PASSWORD

The P2TM Times (A P2TM Newspaper) Discussion Thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:01 am

New Jordslag wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:

What? Never played Yu-Gi-Oh?

Actually, I have, but it was years ago. I forgot most of the rules.

I did played Yu-Gi-Oh.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:51 am

Ayreonia wrote:
Vancon wrote:My piece is good and underway, but it is not done. Have a look if you're interested.

You might want to know that people have been warned for the attack helicopter meme before.

Hm? After a quick google, the "I identify" one?

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:55 am

Alleniana wrote:
Ayreonia wrote:You might want to know that people have been warned for the attack helicopter meme before.

Hm? After a quick google, the "I identify" one?

Yus
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:51 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Actually, I have, but it was years ago. I forgot most of the rules.

I did played Yu-Gi-Oh.

I did gud Yu-Gi-Oh.

Now I do gud MTG.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:43 am

Ayreonia wrote:
Vancon wrote:My piece is good and underway, but it is not done. Have a look if you're interested.

You might want to know that people have been warned for the attack helicopter meme before.

Mhmm. I mean, even if it's not meant to be serious, the attack helicopter meme is in poor taste, and usually considered trolling.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:58 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:
Ayreonia wrote:You might want to know that people have been warned for the attack helicopter meme before.

Mhmm. I mean, even if it's not meant to be serious, the attack helicopter meme is in poor taste, and usually considered trolling.

I mean, I know Van doesn't mean anything by it, but every time I see it, I literally do an eye roll.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:43 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:
I did played Yu-Gi-Oh.

I did gud Yu-Gi-Oh.

Now I do gud MTG.

I've never understood trading card games.

@Van

Good article. I look forward to reading the whole thing.
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:53 pm

Well, I hate to say this, but it looks like I won't be submitting anything this issue. I got to work on my article a bit, but it's still not what I'd like it to be: most everything's there, but I've been unable to write a good conclusion, and I still think that it's missing something. Fatigue, writer's block, and RL obligations have held me back from giving it the attention it really deserves. I'm sorry.

That said, I will definitely be able to submit it by the next deadline (probably by the end of next week), and I have several ideas for future articles written down. If everything goes as planned, I'll have a sequel to my in-the-works article for the issue following this one -- and I'm thinking that it could become a longer series, too. :)

Altogether, I feel bad for letting you down again, Star, but from here on I should start whipping articles out either every issue or every two issues.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:03 am

Nature-Spirits wrote:Well, I hate to say this, but it looks like I won't be submitting anything this issue. I got to work on my article a bit, but it's still not what I'd like it to be: most everything's there, but I've been unable to write a good conclusion, and I still think that it's missing something. Fatigue, writer's block, and RL obligations have held me back from giving it the attention it really deserves. I'm sorry.

That said, I will definitely be able to submit it by the next deadline (probably by the end of next week), and I have several ideas for future articles written down. If everything goes as planned, I'll have a sequel to my in-the-works article for the issue following this one -- and I'm thinking that it could become a longer series, too. :)

Altogether, I feel bad for letting you down again, Star, but from here on I should start whipping articles out either every issue or every two issues.

No worries, whenever you think it's good enough.

Alleniana wrote:Hm, well I'll be submitting in a few mins.

Got it and thanks.

Fellows, deadline was yesterday, but I've only got two articles besides my own. One more article and it'll go up, as I'd like some diversity in authorship. No one wants to see a newspaper with only one author.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:56 am

I was going to work on my article... but then I realized I had no idea for an article.

Ideas would be appreciated.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:58 am

Finland SSR wrote:I was going to work on my article... but then I realized I had no idea for an article.

Could I just add your How a Roleplay Dies article?
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:21 am

The Starlight wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:I was going to work on my article... but then I realized I had no idea for an article.

Could I just add your How a Roleplay Dies article?

Maybe.

You can write about me yourself.

...I know! For Issue 6, a yet another essay!
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:44 pm

If anybody wants to interview me, I'm here, but I can't be bothered writing a set of questions to interview someone else. :P

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:08 pm

Alleniana wrote:If anybody wants to interview me, I'm here, but I can't be bothered writing a set of questions to interview someone else. :P

Oh, I could do that! I mean, I couldn't do it until later this evening, but it doesn't require a whole lot of creativity on my part, and I'm still feeling bad about not being able to finish my article....

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:34 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:
Alleniana wrote:If anybody wants to interview me, I'm here, but I can't be bothered writing a set of questions to interview someone else. :P

Oh, I could do that! I mean, I couldn't do it until later this evening, but it doesn't require a whole lot of creativity on my part, and I'm still feeling bad about not being able to finish my article....

It's morning for me, so sure, TG me and we can do it whenever.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:35 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:Oh, I could do that! I mean, I couldn't do it until later this evening, but it doesn't require a whole lot of creativity on my part, and I'm still feeling bad about not being able to finish my article....

It's morning for me, so sure, TG me and we can do it whenever.

Perfect. Expect a TG within the hour.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:33 pm

Alright, I can have the interview in tomorrow (i.e. within the next 24 hours). Today's been a long day, so I'm too tired to do a proper job of it, but I'm working out the outline, and I can type it all out when I have the chance to sit down for a couple hours and just write. Sound good?

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:53 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:Alright, I can have the interview in tomorrow (i.e. within the next 24 hours). Today's been a long day, so I'm too tired to do a proper job of it, but I'm working out the outline, and I can type it all out when I have the chance to sit down for a couple hours and just write. Sound good?

Yep, for me at least.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:00 am

This is the first time I've ever turned in a written project before it was supposed to be due, and I'm not even getting graded for it. :P
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:07 am

Grenartia wrote:This is the first time I've ever turned in a written project before it was supposed to be due, and I'm not even getting graded for it. :P

:lol:

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:24 am

The P2TM Times

Issue X: Page X, Since 2015
Day of the Week, Month Day, 2015

Merchant on the Silk Road
An interview with Alleniana

By Nature-Spirits
Alleniana — or Allen — is fairly well known to those of us who frequent the Restaurant and the Café. That said, those who don’t know him well might wonder why, if he’s so well known, they haven’t encountered him in any roleplays.

In fact, he’s a fairly accomplished roleplayer. However, he doesn’t engage in character roleplays; he prefers nations.

He first got involved in roleplaying in 2012, when he first found NationStates. “I didn’t quite understand the concept at first,” he said of his beginnings, “but … I quickly got into the swing of things, albeit with one-liners”. He soon abandoned his previous hobby and became involved in several roleplays. “I’d never come across a game that could be social, and competitive, and creative.”

Allen has a passion for history: along with roleplays on P2TM, he enjoys playing historical strategy games, and studies chiefly pre-WWII history in his spare time, along with related pursuits, such as politics, vexillology, and human geography. He is responsible for the creation of P2TM’s Historical RP Group — which is home to many nation roleplayers — and Historical Population Reference Resource. He is also interested in languages, having developed several constructed languages, and he is the founder of the P2TM Translation Service Thread.

When asked about the separation between the character and nation roleplaying communities and his role as a member of both, he said, “It’s interesting [being] significantly involved in both communities, as ordinarily, they’re not going to have too much interaction due to their RPs’ differences.” Interesting indeed; most of P2TM’s residents are firmly entrenched in one group or another, and rarely stray from the community that they know. “[It’s] less of a genre difference as a difference of modality.” As an example, he mentioned post-apocalyptic roleplays, saying that, while there are both character and nation roleplays of that genre, “the two tend not to cross over, because RPers … are going to either be looking at it from the top down or the bottom up.”

He elaborated that “[t]his isn’t necessarily a bad thing”, citing that “different people prefer different topics, themes and styles for RPing”.

That said, “[he] would encourage further interaction, to enable the spread and trade of ideas and concepts, and mutual understanding.” Allen’s unique perspective on the issue seems to have impacted his views on P2TM, and has given him ideas on how to improve the community as a whole. “At the moment,” he said, “it’s almost a sort of dualism; what would work better is something more like a spectrum”. He emphasised that both the character and nation roleplaying communities could benefit greatly, arguing that further interaction could enable the “best of both worlds” and allow roleplayers to approach their craft “from whatever point, and find what they’re enthusiastic about from it.”

In an analogy that showcases his interest for history, he compared P2TM to medieval Eurasia: “one side the east, one side the west; trading, exchanging and becoming more linked, but not merging. And I guess I’m a merchant on the Silk Road, then. Anyway, both are good, if a bit disconnected.”

It is clear that P2TM has a long path of community development ahead. Each year, players come up with new ideas and we advance as a community; and while we have come a long way since the F7 days, further improvement is bound to happen as new perspectives and fresh ideas come about. Allen’s vision for the future of the character and nation roleplaying communities of P2TM is compelling, and perhaps it is time that there is more collaboration and networking between the two.

Nature-Spirits serves as an editor for the P2TM Times. They can be contacted via TG.

I didn't like what the TG did with the BBCode when I previewed it, so I thought it'd be best to just drop this in here.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:26 am

Alleniana wrote::D I like it, good working of it

I'm glad. :)

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:08 am

I'm amused at how people think RPers do one or the other- there are plenty of us that walk both sides of the divide.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse