NATION

PASSWORD

Athena IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shyluz
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:14 pm

Generailia wrote:Oosterscheldekering Dam Base
Barracks
Chris Ackermann

Chris was surprised by the man and even more so by what he said and once he finished and started grabbing his gear Chris then replied. "Yea..it's pretty obvious isn't it? Well shit then I guess I should put on my own uniform shouldn't I?" Chris then pulled the things he thought he needed out of his bag and put them on..having only the standard BDU and gear that he was given of which had nothing personal or significant added to it. Then once he put the things on he looked down at himself and he asked. "This will not be an easy thing to get used to will it?" He then picked up his HK-45T and placed it into what he believed to be a holster for a sidearm as he then picked up his G36C and held it somewhat awkwardly in his hands as both the handgun and the carbine where completely naked of any attachments at all as he looked up at the man in front of him as he said. "Thanks for helping me out..I honestly would have made an ass of myself being how my personal knowledge is pretty limited compared to your own and most others here." Chris then fumbled around with his carbine till he held it in a somewhat comfortable position as he looked back up at the man in front of him and said with a confident grin across his face. "Ready whenever you are. But don't worry about me getting lost I'll just follow you even if I need to damn well sprint in order to do so." Chris then waited for the man's response as he stood in front of him while he still moved around slightly in an attempt to get used to the uniform and gear he currently had on.

Surprised by the man's enthusiasm, Artem went off jogging towards the Armory, which was a fair distance away. occasionally glancing behind him to make sure the man was following, or if the man needed a break. He then said, "My name is Artem Yurivich, I'm helping you because I've seen enough death in this world, and I wouldn't enjoy it if your the first name on the wall." With that, he increased the pace.
Otherwise known as Nornsmark for official, region-ey things.

Congreveopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:23 pm

Oosterscheldekering Dam Base
Rec Lounge
Yves Bilodeau

Yves had been getting into a good mood. His coffee was delicious, and he might have just found another person from France here, but he was brought back to his former worried state by the person walking up and asking him to switch back into English. He couldn’t see a mark of rank on the person’s clothes, but they might outrank him nonetheless. Had he just been given a request or an order? He couldn't tell. Were there rules about only speaking in English? Had he been out of line enough for someone to have to walk over and correct him?

“Sorry, yeah, I can speak in English.” said Yves. He shook the man’s hand with a smile, but decided to keep his distance socially until he knew what the guy’s rank was. “I’m Yves, Combat Engineer. Came here from the French Army.”

Yves knew he’d asked a question to the girl who’d been speaking in French a minute ago, but didn’t want to rudley drop conversation with someone who might be an officer and get off on the wrong foot the first day, so he turned to continue conversation with Tom and hoped Emilie wouldn’t take offence.
"Close air support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
Equator Confederation wrote:Congreveopia has spoken. Do it now.
Vancon wrote:Enter Cong, the smartest of our bunch.
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Generailia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Generailia » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:27 pm

Chris Ackermann

When the man went jogging Chris thought. Shit the one time I try to sound like a badass he takes it literally. Chris then jogged after the man easily being how compared to what he used to do jogging was the slowest could travel in order to do what he needed to without failing. Then when the man spoke Chris responded after chuckling slightly. "Even if you never showed me anything I wouldn't be the first name on that wall. I am a lot harder to kill then you seem to think. But I am sorry for your loss..I have both seen and done things that involve death myself. I guess this is my punishment for such a thing." Chris then thought back on a few drug deals gone sour that he went through with a few friends..he had killed before yet none as skilled as a soldier and he has lost friends before..in such events he rather not think about. Hell he even quiet literally beat a few people to death..which out of everything that he did he was the least proud of himself. Then Chris shook his head as he stopped the train of painful memorys as he followed the man at a slightly slower speed then Artem did and after the short silence Chris said. "My name is Chris Ackermann by the way..sorry I forgot to mention that earlier." Chris then continued to follow the man as he waited for either him to stop or for him to speak again..as he silently began to regret what he did ever so slightly since this was one of the few times in his life that he ever looked back on the things he did.
Last edited by Generailia on Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:35 pm

Artem Yurivich, L/Cpl.
Corridor 803 - Armory

Chris Ackermann

When the man went jogging Chris thought. Shit the one time I try to sound like a badass he takes it literally. Chris then jogged after the man easily being how compared to what he used to do jogging was the slowest could travel in order to do what he needed to without failing. Then when the man spoke Chris responded after chuckling slightly. "Even if you never showed me anything I wouldn't be the first name on that wall. I am a lot harder to kill then you seem to think. But I am sorry for your loss..I have both seen and done things that involve death myself. I guess this is my punishment for such a thing." Chris then thought back on a few drug deals gone sour that he went through with a few friends..he had killed before yet none as skilled as a soldier and he has lost friends before..in such events he rather not think about. Hell he even quiet literally beat a few people to death..which out of everything that he did he was the least proud of. Then Chris shook his head as he stopped the train of painful memorys as he followed the man at a slightly slower speed then Artem did and after the short silence Chris said. "My name is Chris Ackermann by the way..sorry I forgot to mention that earlier." Chris then continued to follow the man as he waited for either him to stop or for him to speak again.

As they arrived at the Armory, Artem said, "Before we do anything in the breach sim, we're going to kit you out." Artem said with a touch of excitement as well as annoyance. Artem held up his customized ACR and handed it to Chris, saying, "If you put your finger slightly in front of the magazine well, it will balance perfectly. We plan to do this with your rifle. You favor a G36C, yes?"
Last edited by Shyluz on Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Generailia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Generailia » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:44 pm

Chris Ackermann
Corridor 803 - Armory

Chris was somewhat tired by the time he reached it as he thought. Shit..this guy must be battery run or something I fucking swear. Then when the man moved to hand his rifle to Chris he then set his carbine on the floor gently before he took the rifle handed to him. Chris then did as the man instructed as he held the barrel side of the gun aimed towards the floor and the Chris responded. "Hmm..it does feel more steady then it did before. But yes I do favor that carbine..wait so that's the name of my gun?" Chris then looked down at the thing and back up at Artem as he said. "I never looked..just picked it up because it looked cool and kept it because I shot it decently. Hmm..I might check to see what the name of my handgun is after we do this. But never mind so what's next?" Chris then waited for Artem's reply as he was eager to learn what he had to show him.

Exantos
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Exantos » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:52 pm

“My name’s Tom, Special Forces and Special operations here. From the American Seals initially, but I’ve also served with the British SAS. Since you’re from the French Military I assume you partook in the Egyptian Crisis?” Tom said while taking Yves hand and noticing that he wasn’t gripping very hard. "I was wondering if you knew where the troop bunks are. I sort of need to find where to place my stuff."
Last edited by Exantos on Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well."-Alfred Adler

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:55 pm

Chris Ackermann
Corridor 803 - Armory

Chris was somewhat tired by the time he reached it as he thought. Shit..this guy must be battery run or something I fucking swear. Then when the man moved to hand his rifle to Chris he then set his carbine on the floor gently before he took the rifle handed to him. Chris then did as the man instructed as he held the barrel side of the gun aimed towards the floor and the Chris responded. "Hmm..it does feel more steady then it did before. But yes I do favor that carbine..wait so that's the name of my gun?" Chris then looked down at the thing and back up at Artem as he said. "I never looked..just picked it up because it looked cool and kept it because I shot it decently. Hmm..I might check to see what the name of my handgun is after we do this. But never mind so what's next?" Chris then waited for Artem's reply as he was eager to learn what he had to show him.

"Next is your aim, hold your carbine, does your forearm hurt after a while?" Asked Artem, with a twinge of frustration with the novice. 'It looks cool' isn't a valid reason to select a firearm. With a sigh, Artem retrieved his ACR. He then proceeded to show Chris, the proper way to hold a rifle or carbine. He showed him how to aim down the sights properly and adjusted the sights for better accuracy.

Generailia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Generailia » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:15 pm

Chris Ackermann
Corridor 803 - Armory

When Artem took back his ACR Chris was slightly irritated as he thought. If your going to take it away pretty much as soon as you gave it to me why did you give it to me in the first place? Then he noticed that Artem was trying to show him something so he quickly and awkwardly picked up his carbine and mimicked what the man was showing him so that he could show Artem that he was listening and help himself remember to do it himself. Then once Artem finished Chris pointed at Artem's ACR and asked. "Where did you get all that cool shit to put onto your rifle? Because I kind of want to put some of those things on mine..but you can show me if you want once we do this breach sim thing. But if not it'll be awesome if you point me in the right direction once we finish...sooo..what now?" Chris then waited for the man's response as he began to daydream of the things he would put on his own carbine.
Last edited by Generailia on Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:37 pm

Chris Ackermann
Corridor 803 - Armory

When Artem took back his ACR Chris was slightly irritated as he thought. If your going to take it away pretty much as soon as you gave it to me why did you give it to me in the first place? Then he noticed that Artem was trying to show him something so he quickly and awkwardly picked up his carbine and mimicked what the man was showing him so that he could show Artem that he was listening and help himself remember to do it himself. Then once Artem finished Chris pointed at Artem's ACR and asked. "Where did you get all that cool shit to put onto your rifle? Because I kind of want to put some of those things on mine..but you can show me if you want once we do this breach sim thing. But if not it'll be awesome if you point me in the right direction once we finish...sooo..what now?" Chris then waited for the man's response as he began to daydream of the things he would put on his own carbine.

"Now, Chris, now we go to the Armory, and we kit out your carbine." Artem said, slightly childishly, giddy with excitement. "You may be interested in a under-barrel 40 millimeter shotgun. Maybe a drum magazine would help too..." as he began to ramble about firearm attachments. "Come, we must hurry for the good stuff, if you know what I mean." he said with a huge grin on his face.

Generailia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Generailia » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:51 pm

Chris Ackermann
Corridor 803 - Armory

After Chris heard his first sentence he grinned and the grin only grew and kept growing as he rambled on about the attachments. Then once he said his last sentence Chris noticed his face as he thought to himself. Kind of like this guy. He knows what he his shit. Not only that but the things he mentioned sounds fucking amazing. Then Chris said with a grin to rival Atrem's in size. "Ready when you are..hell I will even fucking sprint if it means just getting even one of those things you mentioned." Chris then waited for Artem's response as he was damn well ready to run a mile if even one of those things laid at the end of it.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:21 pm

Artem Yurivich, L/Cpl.
Armory

Chris Ackermann
Corridor 803 - Armory

After Chris heard his first sentence he grinned and the grin only grew and kept growing as he rambled on about the attachments. Then once he said his last sentence Chris noticed his face as he thought to himself. Kind of like this guy. He knows what he his shit. Not only that but the things he mentioned sounds fucking amazing. Then Chris said with a grin to rival Atrem's in size. "Ready when you are..hell I will even fucking sprint if it means just getting even one of those things you mentioned." Chris then waited for Artem's response as he was damn well ready to run a mile if even one of those things laid at the end of it.

"Well, then, shall we?" said Artem, who was now almost trembling with excitement, and promptly walked into the Armory. Inside, the dim light hid the glorious weaponry everywhere. Firearms lined every wall, and in the center of the heavily industrialized room, was a table with every kind of attachment you could imagine on it. Under-barrel shotguns, grenade launchers, grips, magazines, sights and scopes, stock modifications, slings and others even Artem didn't know about. Artem moved quickly, grabbing a drum mag and tossing it over to Chris, then a laser sight, saying: "On the rail on the side of your gun, unscrew the bolts on the laser, slide it on, and tighten it." An under-barrel MMASS, then a red-dot sight. "Fit those on their and you'll at least look proffesional." He said with a smile.

Congreveopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:36 pm

Rec Lounge
Yves Bilodeau

“Pleased to meet you, Tom.” said Yves, relaxing a bit. An officer would have almost certainly mentioned their rank. “And yeah, I was in Egypt. Troisieme régiment du génie. My group mainly did force mobility work around the North end of the Suez Canal. We cleared IEDs, fixed roads, built bridges, etcetera. Anyways, I’d love to help you find the barracks, but I got lost looking for it myself.”

He turned towards Emilie, satisfied that Tom was not about to have him court martialed for breaking base rules. “I’m sorry.” he said “I had asked you a question before, and then got distracted. Who are you, where are you from, and if I may add another question, do you know where the barracks is?”
"Close air support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
Equator Confederation wrote:Congreveopia has spoken. Do it now.
Vancon wrote:Enter Cong, the smartest of our bunch.
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Generailia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Generailia » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:10 pm

Chris Ackermann
Corridor 803 - Armory

Chris looked around in complete awe of what he saw. He could hardly recognize some of the guns yet when he came to the middle and saw the the attachments his mouth nearly fell open in awe as he thought. If I even had half these fucking attachments or a third of these guns I would have never been caught I fucking swear. Then he saw Artem moving around like a predator in it's own territory as he picked up certain attachments and threw them at him before he could say a word. Then once all was done he was standing there with a shit load of things in his hands and a completely dumbfounded look on his face and after Artem finished talking his face became a look of determination as he switched his normal magazine with a drum mag as he thought to himself. It's heavier then usual..should I gain ammo but gain a heavier and harder to hold gun? While the second option is let it stay as it currently is..those mags might be heavy also..fuck it I can hardly fire this damn thing without the extra weight. But maybe when I get better with this weapon I'll come back here. Yea that sounds like a plan. He then placed the drum mag back where the man picked it up as he said. "I can hardly shoot this gun anyway..I might come back for this when I get better." He then attached the red-dot sight and the under-barrel MMASS as he examined it and after awhile he thought. Kind of resembles a shotgun. Chris then unloaded the thing as his mouth nearly dropped as he saw shotgun round and Chris then thought. A fucking shotgun under my gun? That I never even knew this shit existed in the first place! Chris then attached the MMASS and the red-dot sight as he aimed the weapon and saw in shock that it sure as hell made shooting easier. Then Chris followed the man's instructions as he attached a laser-sight and once he finished he looked through it again and moved his rifle as he saw the laser move he then thought. The laser likely helps the shooter find out where his bullets are going to hit! That's pretty fucking amazing! He then looked over to the slings and started trying them on his G36C and was happy to find one that did and after quiet a bit of struggling he was able to set it up and once he let go of the weapon he saw that the thing was held in front of him by the sling..so when Chris grabbed it again and set his hand so that he was able to hold the gun upright comfortably..though it felt odd he fumbled his had around and was able to find a moderately comfortable way to hold the weapon upwards. Then when he let it go it fell back to the same position it was held in previously before he lifted it again with ease. Then once he was done and the weapon hanging in front of him from a sling with a red-dot sight, laser sight, and a under-barrel MMASS he looked up towards Artem with a joyful smile as he said. "I have never created anything so gorgeous in my entire life. Thank you for making this weapon and myself a shit load more dangerous." Chris then grinned as he asked. "So where is this breach sim thing you talked about? Because I am sure as hell ready to test these new attachments and the things you taught me in it. So I guess I'm ready whenever you are." Chris then eagerly awaited the Artem's response as a confident grin came over his face.
Last edited by Generailia on Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:38 pm

Exantos wrote:“My name’s Tom, Special Forces and Special operations here. From the American Seals initially, but I’ve also served with the British SAS. Since you’re from the French Military I assume you partook in the Egyptian Crisis?” Tom said while taking Yves hand and noticing that he wasn’t gripping very hard. "I was wondering if you knew where the troop bunks are. I sort of need to find where to place my stuff."

Chloe Hath
Recreation Lounge

Chloe figured it was time to start mingling, having just finished her drink, so she stood up and approached the three soldiers that were speaking French. She figured a shared language would be a good icebreaker with some foreign troops.

"Beaucoup de francophones, on pourrait penser qu'ils nous la station en France." Chloe said, as way of introduction. "Sergeant Hath, Chloe. formerly of the Van Doos and JTF2. You said you're looking for the barracks? I can walk you there, if you'd like; they were my first stop on the way down."

They were two men, one woman. They all looked to be about her age, and by the way they carried themselves it was clear that they had seen combat. All three would no doubt be excellent assets in the field, and from her first impression she would have no problem trusting them to watch her back while they fought off alien invaders. Of course, there was every chance she could be proven wrong, but that was why she was talking to them. Better to find out now than when they were in the thick of things.
Last edited by Camicon on Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Romic
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romic » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:52 pm

Indoor Gun Range
Ethan Cole

Since his time at the rec center was more displeasing then anything else he headed to the gun range to test out some of the equipment. As he approached the sounds of guns fireing and the smell of gunpowder put a smile on his face. He looked down and realized he had no sidearm either. All he had was the Athena Standard BDU on. He opened a nearby door and retrieved ear protection, a helmet, and tac vest. He slid on an American Flag patch and one signifying he was ranked Sergeant.

He looked over at the rack of weapons on the wall. He immediatly picked up the SCAR-H "You are mine now presious." He loaded a mag in and walked over to a firing pad. He fired one round. The recoil bounced him back a bit. He squeezed off three more. "Hell Ya!" He yelled
TG me Anytime, I enjoy them :)
TET's Chosen Mush Mind

Westeastern Dicantia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Westeastern Dicantia » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:22 pm

Scott MacPhearson
Canteen

Scott had finished his sandwich, and wasn't sure where to go next. He pondered the possibility of an indoor range briefly, decided it made sense, and went searching through the base. He passed the barracks, the rec lounge, several side hallways, and a bathroom before locating the indoor range. He walked in, grabbed hearing protection, and decided on a spot to set up.

With an M240 now on the bench, he found an ammunition box and fed a belt into the weapon, cycling the bolt a couple of times to make sure the gun was primed. He took a quick look around to make sure he had a target, and wasn't going to throw anyone off before he sent a large target downrange to a little less than the maximum distance. Shouldering the hefty machine gun, he got a sight picture, and ran through his little routine again, carefully making a couple of head shots before sending short bursts through the target, which eventually turned into a suppressive stream of hot lead that even the hulk of a man behind the gun had trouble controlling.

Tired of that, he left the bench and grabbed a different gun. As he walked to the back of the range, he noticed someone new had walked in and started to shoot. He wanted to talk to someone, just to get to know people, but they were both wearing hearing protection, so he picked up an M27 and took it back to his bench.
Call me Annika!
| she/her | 22 | Ill-informed transfemme socialist | leftvalues link
| check out the canon version of the lore here Dicantia (wip)

A relatively new, future tech, not empire that is totally the size of and acts a lot like one. Assimilation is voluntary and your territory has been pre-approved! The United Dicantia Directorate will be in contact soon!

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:07 pm

Generailia wrote:
Shyluz wrote:Oosterscheldekering Dam Base
Artem Yurivich, L/Cpl.
Armory

"Well, then, shall we?" said Artem, who was now almost trembling with excitement, and promptly walked into the Armory. Inside, the dim light hid the glorious weaponry everywhere. Firearms lined every wall, and in the center of the heavily industrialized room, was a table with every kind of attachment you could imagine on it. Under-barrel shotguns, grenade launchers, grips, magazines, sights and scopes, stock modifications, slings and others even Artem didn't know about. Artem moved quickly, grabbing a drum mag and tossing it over to Chris, then a laser sight, saying: "On the rail on the side of your gun, unscrew the bolts on the laser, slide it on, and tighten it." An under-barrel MMASS, then a red-dot sight. "Fit those on their and you'll at least look proffesional." He said with a smile.

Chris Ackermann
Corridor 803 - Armory

Chris looked around in complete awe of what he saw. He could hardly recognize some of the guns yet when he came to the middle and saw the the attachments his mouth nearly fell open in awe as he thought. If I even had half these fucking attachments or a third of these guns I would have never been caught I fucking swear. Then he saw Artem moving around like a predator in it's own territory as he picked up certain attachments and threw them at him before he could say a word. Then once all was done he was standing there with a shit load of things in his hands and a completely dumbfounded look on his face and after Artem finished talking his face became a look of determination as he switched his normal magazine with a drum mag as he thought to himself. It's heavier then usual..should I gain ammo but gain a heavier and harder to hold gun? While the second option is let it stay as it currently is..those mags might be heavy also..fuck it I can hardly fire this damn thing without the extra weight. But maybe when I get better with this weapon I'll come back here. Yea that sounds like a plan. He then placed the drum mag back where the man picked it up as he said. "I can hardly shoot this gun anyway..I might come back for this when I get better." He then attached the red-dot sight and the under-barrel MMASS as he examined it and after awhile he thought. Kind of resembles a shotgun. Chris then unloaded the thing as his mouth nearly dropped as he saw shotgun round and Chris then thought. A fucking shotgun under my gun? That I never even knew this shit existed in the first place! Chris then attached the MMASS and the red-dot sight as he aimed the weapon and saw in shock that it sure as hell made shooting easier. Then Chris followed the man's instructions as he attached a laser-sight and once he finished he looked through it again and moved his rifle as he saw the laser move he then thought. The laser likely helps the shooter find out where his bullets are going to hit! That's pretty fucking amazing! He then looked over to the slings and started trying them on his G36C and was happy to find one that did and after quiet a bit of struggling he was able to set it up and once he let go of the weapon he saw that the thing was held in front of him by the sling..so when Chris grabbed it again and set his hand so that he was able to hold the gun upright comfortably..though it felt odd he fumbled his had around and was able to find a moderately comfortable way to hold the weapon upwards. Then when he let it go it fell back to the same position it was held in previously before he lifted it again with ease. Then once he was done and the weapon hanging in front of him from a sling with a red-dot sight, laser sight, and a under-barrel MMASS he looked up towards Artem with a joyful smile as he said. "I have never created anything so gorgeous in my until life. Thank you for making this weapon and myself a shit load more dangerous." Chris then grinned as he asked. "So where is this breach sim thing you talked about? Because I am sure as hell ready to test these new attachments and the things you taught me in it. So I'm ready whenever you are." Chris then eagerly awaited the Artem's response as a confident grin came over his face.

Oosterscheldekering Dam Base.
Anthony Flint, Sgt.
Armory.

"Breach sim's outside. Wooden construct, hard to miss." Said a voice from the darker corner of the armory, behind a rack of rifles. Anthony Flint was picking out his own choice of weapons, since he arrived a bit after everyone else. What could he say? A Marine send-off is no ordinary going-away party.

"Anthony Flint. Sargeant. How are ya?" The Texan spoke, pulling a SCAR-H battle rifle, minus the mods, bringing it to the table, and selecting the preferred attachments.

One of the best parts of the SCAR are the modular barrel lengths, though Anthony preferred the 16" standard barrel. He slid an ACOG scope onto the top rail, a laser light/flashlight dual light device onto the right, and a forward grip on the bottom. The grip was there because the buttons for the lights could be attached to the grip, and that's exactly what Anthony did. He hefted it to his shoulder, aimed down, and lowered the rifle, satisfied. The same gun he used as a corpsman.

"Teaching the rook how to mod himself? I guess everyone has to learn sometime." Anthony chuckled, placing the SCAR on the table and returning to the racks for a sidearm. He quickly found what he was looking for: a little .45 beauty you might know as the M1911. Or today, the Colt .45. Anthony grabbed one, a holster, and strapped the gun to his side with a laser on the bottom. He returned to the table with a shoulder strap for the SCAR, and started hooking it up.
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Exantos
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Exantos » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:38 pm

Camicon wrote:Chloe Hath
Recreation Lounge

Chloe figured it was time to start mingling, having just finished her drink, so she stood up and approached the three soldiers that were speaking French. She figured a shared language would be a good icebreaker with some foreign troops.

"Beaucoup de francophones, on pourrait penser qu'ils nous la station en France." Chloe said, as way of introduction. "Sergeant Hath, Chloe. formerly of the Van Doos and JTF2. You said you're looking for the barracks? I can walk you there, if you'd like; they were my first stop on the way down."

They were two men, one woman. They all looked to be about her age, and by the way they carried themselves it was clear that they had seen combat. All three would no doubt be excellent assets in the field, and from her first impression she would have no problem trusting them to watch her back while they fought off alien invaders. Of course, there was every chance she could be proven wrong, but that was why she was talking to them. Better to find out now than when they were in the thick of things.

Rec Lounge
Thomas Melford

Tom turns towards whoever was speaking to him and stepped back noticing that it was a female talking to him. He thought, "Yeah all the ladies want to talk to me."

Then he said, "Yes, maam.(As he saluted) Corporal Thomas Melford Special Operations. I do need directions to the Barracks and the Firing range. I also need to go to the command center to learn of my objectives while I'm here. If you could lead me to them I would be eternally grateful. In any case shall we procede?" As he steps forward he motions with his hands for her to take the lead and show him where to go.
"The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well."-Alfred Adler

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:42 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:Oosterscheldekering Dam Base.
Anthony Flint, Sgt.
Armory.

"Breach sim's outside. Wooden construct, hard to miss." Said a voice from the darker corner of the armory, behind a rack of rifles. Anthony Flint was picking out his own choice of weapons, since he arrived a bit after everyone else. What could he say? A Marine send-off is no ordinary going-away party.

"Anthony Flint. Sergeant. How are ya?" The Texan spoke, pulling a SCAR-H battle rifle, minus the mods, bringing it to the table, and selecting the preferred attachments.

One of the best parts of the SCAR are the modular barrel lengths, though Anthony preferred the 16" standard barrel. He slid an ACOG scope onto the top rail, a laser light/flashlight dual light device onto the right, and a forward grip on the bottom. The grip was there because the buttons for the lights could be attached to the grip, and that's exactly what Anthony did. He hefted it to his shoulder, aimed down, and lowered the rifle, satisfied. The same gun he used as a corpsman.

"Teaching the rook how to mod himself? I guess everyone has to learn sometime." Anthony chuckled, placing the SCAR on the table and returning to the racks for a sidearm. He quickly found what he was looking for: a little .45 beauty you might know as the M1911. Or today, the Colt .45. Anthony grabbed one, a holster, and strapped the gun to his side with a laser on the bottom. He returned to the table with a shoulder strap for the SCAR, and started hooking it up.

"Ale samozřejmě, Sarge. Every soldier must look intimidating before they become intimidating. I see you prefer the FN SCAR-H SI model, a fine choice, I used one a while back in the 601st during the Egypt Crisis. Would you like to accompany me and the rookie to the sim? Artem Yurivich, Lance Corporal, by the way." Artem said as he calmly loaded his ACR magazines with ammunition, one by one. Artem cut an odd figure, a man wearing the standard BDU with a shemagh covering his neck, a pair of square-rim glasses perched on his nose, a vest of mostly MOLLE on his chest, a well-worn tactical hatchet on his leg, the most kitted out rifle in the room, a tactical headset hanging onto the shemagh for dear life, and a glint like a kid in a candy store in his eerily emerald eyes. The set of four patches down the length of his arms spoke of his experience, the chevrons of a lance corporal, the emblem of the Czech 9th JFO, the emblem of the 601st SKSS, the Czech spec ops group, and the Athena Skull.
Last edited by Shyluz on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Generailia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Generailia » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:49 pm

Chris Ackermann
Corridor 803 - Armory

Chris burst out laughing and once he finished he said. "I swear you are starting to make me feel like a mouse surrounded by cats. But ya I'm Chris Ackermann, Recruit, and I'm fine as I hope you yourself are. Thanks..also for telling us where we can find the breach sim thing." He then frowned as he heard Atrem's response and after deciding it would do him best to remain silent. Since they have good intentions..or at least he hoped they did. Then Chris said with the confident grin still across his face. "I think it's time to stop talking and kick the sim thing's fucking ass. So are you guys with me? Because I seriously want to see if these new attachments have some bite to their bark." Chris wasn't worked up enough to yell but he was excited enough to say those words. While he patiently awaited their answer as he also hoped that the things he learned and all the attachments would prove useful being how he was really not in the mood to make more of an ass of himself then he already did today.
Last edited by Generailia on Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:56 pm

Chris Ackermann
Corridor 803 - Armory

Chris burst out laughing and once he finished he said. "I swear you are starting to make me feel like a mouse surrounded by cats. But ya I'm Chris Ackermann, Recruit, and I'm fine as I hope you yourself are. Thanks..also for telling us where we can find the breach sim thing." He then frowned as he heard Atrem's response and after deciding it would do him best to remain silent. Since they have good intentions..or at least he hoped they did. Then Chris said with the confident grin still across his face. "I think it's time to stop talking and kick the sim thing's fucking ass. So are you guys with me?" Chris wasn't worked up enough to yell but he was excited enough to say those words. While he patiently awaited their answer as he also hoped that the things he learned and all the attachments would prove useful being how he was really not in the mood to make more of an ass of himself then he already did today.

Oosterscheldekering Dam Base Armory
Armory - Corridor 803
Artem Yurivich, L/Cpl.

"Shall we the Cadet Ackermann?" said Artem as he gestured towards the door. "Join us if you wish Sarge. More hands on rifles is always a plus." he spoke as he exited the room, loading a magazine into his ACR, about halfway down Corridor 803, he broke into a jog, singing some Czech marching song happily.

Generailia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Generailia » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:05 pm

Chris Ackermann, Rct.
Corridor 803 - Armory

Chris was beginning to daydream again so he accidentally ignored what Artem said. When Chris came back to his senses he saw Artem leave as he quickly moved towards the door with his G36C still hanging in front of him due to the sling he had on and once he saw the man jogging down the hall he yelled. "Hey wait up!" Then Chris ran for a bit and once he reached Artem he broke into a jog slightly slower then Artem's own yet easily able to keep pace with the man as he thought to himself. Shit he moves like he has no time to fuck around at all. Wait..what the fuck is he saying? Chris then listened to the man's song but he then noticed there was no way in hell he could understand what he was saying so he stopped trying as he then silently followed the man while occasionally looking to see if Anthony was following them.
Last edited by Generailia on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:08 pm

0700 Hours
Radar Operator Jose Sanavez
Athena HQ Command and Control Center (Triple C)

The command center had been quite. The lights were at their normal brightness, and the operators were sitting down in their chairs. Some had coffee, others had not. It would be good for them though, since for one poor officer, he was about to get nice and hot. As he sipped his coffee and spun up his monitor, the unthinkable happened, causing him to spit out his coffee in a heartbeat. He slammed down a button to his right with his Mug and the Base's lights all dimmed orange. He shouted at the top of his lungs in the heart of the Triple C, ''Unknown enemy contact, coming in off the South-East coast of New Zealand!' At 80 000 feet and descending!''

The Commander, who had just been about to drink his own coffee froze. He hadn't so much as gotten into his chair before he got back up again and pointed outward.

''Put it on the main screen,'' said the Commander in a booming voice.

''Main screen, Aye, sir!''

In front of him a screen not unlike one you'd see at a movie theater flickered to life, showering the room with a pale blue light. The whole room could see the blip on the screen as it flashed near the little green pocket of land.

''Scramble a pair of Mantas. Get them on that UFO's ass as soon as possible. Meanwhile, bring me the list of active soldiers. I need to put together a team.

Throughout the base, a low female voice spoke:
''General Alert. Code Orange. All soldiers be at the ready,''

The voice repeated itself ad nauseam, until it was a little devil on the soldiers shoulder. Or angel, for those who'd prefer it.

2100 Hours Local time
New Zealand's South-East Waters.
Enemy Vessel
Unknown

The ship was a bit strange. It didn't follow most of the standard rules of flight, nor did it look aerodynamic in the least. It was coloured a strong blue, and had some kind of purple and green particle mixture coming out of the rear. The blue vessel descended from space like a snowflake in the middle of winter. It was not descending into a winter wonderland though. There were storms raging like wildfire, and the waves were incredible. Not to mention that fact that it was darker then the deepest darkest caves of the earth.

The alien ship didn't care though, and flew along without any thought to the outside world. It flew down and down; closer to the waves. It wasn't long before it spotted a small shipping vessel, rocking in the waves and in a state which would not be fun for anyone, not even intergalactic lifeforms. It was no longer then a pair of football fields set back to back, with a large command center in the rear. Not that these aliens knew this either, but they could tell that it was more developed.

The alien vessel skirted around the side of the ship and passed a blue light throughout the ship. The crew woke up. Light kept going through the ship. The ship's crew went to the source. They looked at the big blue ship. The ship looked back. The crew looked at each other.

It would be the last thing they knew. They had been pelted by some kind of green laser fire, and their remains littered the top floor of the container ship. The wholes had been clean, but the edged were fried. It was like someone took an apple core coated in fire to them. the aliens didn't care though, and the large vessel hovered above the deck. It proceeded to land, and then it just sort of shut down.

0715 Hours
Commander Leon Peir
Athena HQ Command and Control Center (Triple C)

The Commander span in his chair. He had his list of troopers, and was ready to go. Throwing down a stack of papers, he pointed to an aide, and said,

''Make the call,''

''Make the call, Aye, sir!''

The aide went to the closest phone he could find and proceeded to read off a list.

''All hands, all hands, Operation orders have been given. The squad will consist of 6 soldiers and one officer. Once called, you will acquire the arms that you will be told to get and head to the launch pad. The fighters are already on their way; we need to catch up.

Corporal Valentin Ivanov, you will be grabbing a Shotgun.

Private Scott MacPhearson and Lance Corporal Lei Chen, you will both be grabbing SAWs.

Sergeant Anthony Flint, you will be grabbing a Battle Rifle.

Recruit Chris Ackermann, you will be grabbing an Assault Rifle

Lance Corporal Artem Yurivich, you will be grabbing a Carbine

You will all be led by Lieutenant Marloes de Ruyter, who will be grabbing an Assault Rifle.

Move it people!" said the aide.

0810 Hours Home Time/ 2200 Hours Local Time
FO John Salim 'Manta 2-1'
XF-44 Manta

''Bogey locked. Athena, permission to open fire?,'' said the pilot over the intercom. He was just at the extent of his missiles' ranges, and was about to fox two all over this enemy plane's ass. It was currently landed on top of some container ship in the deep sea. Had something happened to the crew? His thought was cut short, as Athena gave him the go ahead.

''Fox 2, fox 2. Missiles away. Banking right,'' said Salim as he let his AIM-9 Sidewinders loose on the enemy.

''Enemy does not seem to be avoiding the missiles. Time to target, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, What the hell?''

Athena HQ went silent. When one is engaging extraterrestrial life, they don't like hearing 'what the hell?''

''HQ, the enemy ship is now, awake. It was staying still, but now she's rising into the sky. Firing missiles three and four,''

This time, the rounds hit and caused massive damage. The ship's wing had been blown to smithereens, and the vessel plummeted into the ocean.

Except it didn't. She careened into the Container ship with such vigor that the rear of the ship had been lifted up. Smoke billowed from the wrecked spacecraft, and as the Manta flew overhead, Salim looked out of his window. He could see something down there, but he wasn't sure what.

''HQ, missiles 3 and 4 crippled the enemy ship and caused it to crash into a civilian container ship. There is something moving down there,''

''Roger that 2-1. Stay in the area for as long as you can before you return to base. A ground team is in route, and they're only a few hours behind you. Watch for AA fire and/or other vessels,''

1010 Hours Home Time/ 0000 Hours Local Time
Ground Team
V-44

''Commander Peir, this is Lieutenant de Ruyter. Our team is on station. We can see that there was some kind of engagement. The alien ship is somehow still smoking. Permission to go aboard?''

The ground team had been flying for three hours now, and finally they had something to look at. The rear of the V-44 had showed up at the rear of the Container Ship. The ramp had been lowered, and now the dead of night was being illuminated by the flight lights of the dropship.

''Lieutenant, this is the Commander. You are go for Operation Blue Night,''

''Aye, Aye Commander,'' said she. ''Come on you bastards, let's show these little green men who they're dealing with!''
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:40 pm

Vancon wrote:
''Lieutenant, this is the Commander. You are go for Operation Blue Night,''

''Aye, Aye Commander,'' said she. ''Come on you bastards, let's show these little green men who they're dealing with!''

Artem was the first off the dropship, and he was suprised by how dark and grim the container ship was. They had had a view from the V-44, but only enough to get a general idea of where everything was. Artem was used to fighting on ships, but never on one in a storm.

In the distance, he saw the smoke rising from the other end of the ship where the craft had, eh, 'landed.' The sight made the already ominous position on the ship even more nerve wracking. So like any good soldier, he clutched his SCAR-L carbine tighter, and flipped the safety to '2-Round Burst.'

The helipad was matte gray, with all the usual markings of a commercial helipad, the big, comical 'H' in the center, all the extra borders and such for added 'safety.' Safety would've been handy for the crew about an hour ago. The ship groaned ominously as he swung the carbine to either side, before proclaiming that the LZ was clear over comms, saying, "This is Hatchet-4, LZ is secure, come on out."
Last edited by Shyluz on Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Icrum
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Icrum » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:43 pm

January 5th, 2020
0520 Hours
VF-1 Valkyrie Test Flight

“Flight Officer Elizabeth Wellington, you may begin test flight of the "VF-1 Valkyrie Alpha Test". Please engage engines.” The Flight Tower ordered of the radio. Lizzy turned on the engine systems of the VF-0 Mjolnir, the alpha design of the jet. It was the first attempt by the Arms Manufacturing company Veritech Industries to create a fighter jet. If this design was successful, then Veritech Industries was prepared to begin working on the actual Valkyries. That is, if the design was effective in combating the aliens.
"Engines are engaged, permission to begin taxing down runway." Lizzy asked the Flight Tower.
"Permission granted. You have permission to take off as well. Test the plane's flight systems, weapons systems, and any other systems that might play a pivotal role in combating these alien bastards." The Flight Tower ordered as Lizzy began to taxi down the highway.
"Roger that, beginning to take off." Lizzy said as she increased the speed of the jet. Within a couple of seconds, she began to pull up and take off into the sky. She then increased the speed of the jet to it's maximum, just to see it's maximum speed. Within seconds, she heard the all too familiar sound of a sonic blast. She just broke the sound barrier and began to reach max speed.
1,400 MPH? Holy shit, that's fast! Lizzy thought with her breath taken away. She'd been in planes that reach 1,000 MPH, and some got up to 1,190 MPH, but 1,400? That was crazy. In fact, she doubted if she really liked it.
"Engine systems are fine. Moving onto weapon system." Lizzy said into the radio.
"Roger that." The Flight Tower said through the radio. Lizzy than slowed down to a proper level for testing weapons and fired the main cannon. The TB25MM Cannon fired it's practice rounds, but it still felt powerful. Even if they weren't the HEAT rounds it was going to come equipped with. She then fired two of the SRHEMs and watched them detonate.
THIS IS BLOODY AWESOME! Victoria yelled in her head as she pulled up.
"Weapon systems are good Flight Tower." Lizzy said in a giddy voice.
"Good. Finish up Elizabeth. It's almost breakfast time." The Flight Tower ordered to Elizabeth.
"Roger that." Lizzy said with some laughing still in her voice. She then banked and flew back to base, still enjoying flying the Valkyrie.

April 7th, 2015
0620 Hours
Hangar

"Hey, that was the coolest alpha test for a plane ever! Why didn't we have this before?" Lizzy asked one of the mechanics, still enjoying the thrill of what happened.
"I dunno, all I know is that we have to send a report to High Command to see what they think. I personally think this should be adopted. Faster speed, tougher armor, more powerful weaponry, this thing's got everything we need. Besides a cup-holder." The mechanic joked filing out the flight test form.
"Well, I'm off to go get some food. See you soon Lopez." Lizzy said, jumping out of the plane and walking towards the cafeteria.
"Adios." Lopez said.

January 5th, 2015
0700 Hours
Cafeteria

Lizzy entered at the wrong time. While she was showering and changing into her base clothes, the PA announced that there was a mission. And it didn't sound like she was called.
"Excuse me sir?" Lizzy called to a passing officer, "Why wasn't I called?"
"You didn't get the orders?" The officer asked as both Lizzy and the officer started walking.
"No...." Lizzy said confused.
"You were ordered to stay on the base until the finalized VF-1 Project is finished." The officer said leaving the now dumbfounded Lizzy behind.
Son of a fucking bitch.... Lizzy thought angrily. She then shoke her head and walked to the gym to shoot some hoops.

Shit, another rebound. Lizzy thought as she saw the basketball bounce off the rim. She was attempting some shoots from the freethrow line, but it clearly wasn't going well.
This is going worse than my first D&D match. Holy shit. Lizzy thought as she walked and grabbed the ball.
"You don't seem to be doing well. Want some pointer?" An unfamiliour voice called out.
"I'm fine, I don- who are you? You don't look familiar." Lizzy said as she walked towards the new man.
"The name's Aaron Johnson. What's yours young lady?" Aaron said as he held out his hand to shake Lizzy's.
"Uh... Elizabeth Welington." Lizzy said.
"That's a beautiful name. Anyways, I used to play BBall back in High School. I know a couple of tricks." Aaron said as he grabbed the ball. He then walked over to the Free throw line and took a shot at the basket. It went in with a swish.
"How? I tried just about everything but I only got two." Lizzy asked in shock.
"It's pretty easy actually." Aaron said to Lizzy. They then began talking about different ways to shoot hoops.
Some kind of dessert involving ice cream, hard liquor, and a blow torch
Main wrote:A petition to redesign the flag incites violent riots that eventually destroy the entire nation.

-Ebola- wrote:I don't want to kill you all. I want primates, humans included, to stay around so my descendants will have the same variety of hosts to choose from as I do.

Washington Resistance Army wrote:Not being able to buy an AR most certainly is a travesty.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse