NATION

PASSWORD

Under the Walls of Night [OOC|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:52 pm

Prusslandia wrote:Here is what I'm thinking for my Dark Mechanicum outfit. I'd appreciate feedback and help.

Archmagos Prime, with Conversion beamer, Mandati legio. 120 cost.

Hypaspist Maniple- Tribune equipped with Power Sword, two Hypaspiss are equipped with Meltas. 115 cost.

Defiler- Lascannon and Heavy Bolter. 215 cost.
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:52 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote: Army Name: Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, I guess.
Army Bio: Feared and respected in equal measure, the Inquisition is responsible for maintaining the integrity of Mankind, by any means necessary. Without them, the forces of humanity would stand little chance against the corrupting influence of the enemy within. It is a thankless task, yet one Inquisitor Anastasia von Liese toils at with relish.

When news came of a combined Chaos and Greenskin incursion, she was sent to investigate the source of the treason in Imperial ranks. Bringing with her a sizable force of Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, she is currently en route to the planet, ready to cleanse it of its heretical filth or baptize it in the Emperor's name.
Experience with WH40k: Mostly fluff and vidyagames, but I get the rules well enough.
Army List:
Hereticus Inquisitor: ML1 Psyker(rolls on Divination, Warlord trait is from Faction list), Force Sword, Bolt Pistol, 3 Servo Skulls, Liber Heresius(73 pts)
-Crusader(15 pts)
-Ministorum Priest with Bolt Pistol and Chainsword/Meltabombs(31 pts)
-2 Arco-Flagellants(30pts)
-Acolyte with Carapace and Storm Bolter(11 pts)
-Chimera with Heavy Bolter and Psybolt Ammo/Searchlight(61 pts) This is a dedicated transport that isn't really a dedicated transport.

Allied Detatchment: Tempestus Scions

Tempestus Scions Squad: 2 Volley Guns, 1 extra Scion, Bolt Pistol on Sgt.(122 pts)

Tempestus Scions Squad: 2 Volley Guns, 1 extra Scion, Bolt Pistol on Sgt.(122 pts)

Command Squad: 3 Plasma Guns, Medkit, Bolt Pistol on Sgt.(145 pts)
600 pts Total

Not the best bio, but I spent most of the time coming up with an actual competitive-ish list. It can kill cultists all day, that's for sure.

Gotta love those Servo Skulls. They'll help with the Scions immensely. Happily accepted.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:54 pm

G-tech I think I will be tyranids then, however i'm a fluff/book guy so im not to versed in the actualy tabletop game

I did buy the chaos codex and a small army of CSM/cultists

do I really need to know a lot about the rules of the tabletop to play?
Government: Romanist Ceasarist Dictatorship
Political Themes: Nationalism, Romanticism, Ceasarism, Militarism, Social Liberalism, Cult of Personality
Ethnic Groups: American, Latino, Filipino

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:55 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:Not the best bio, but I spent most of the time coming up with an actual competitive-ish list. It can kill cultists all day, that's for sure.

Gotta love those Servo Skulls. They'll help with the Scions immensely. Happily accepted.

Honestly, they're more useful for filling up points, since I don't have enough bodies to rely on deep-striking right now.
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:56 pm

North Calaveras wrote:G-tech I think I will be tyranids then, however i'm a fluff/book guy so im not to versed in the actualy tabletop game

Oh good- Genestealers are fun.

Nah, not a lot. I'm a very forgiving OP. You'll probably want to at least have a rudimentary understanding of how to play tabletop though (which I assume you do).
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The Soviet Union of Mother Russia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Soviet Union of Mother Russia » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:00 pm

I updated the Ork roster for the initial 700 points, and including the reserves.

Army Name (Allegiance): Red Skull Kommandoz - Blood Axes

Army Bio: Boss Snikrot, being the vicious and skilled Ork Kommando, leads the company of Ork special forces known as the Red Skull Kommandoz within the equatorial jungles of the Imperial Hive World of Armageddon. Summoned by Warboss Baddfrag to partake in the latest WAAAGH!, they vow returned to seek vengeance upon the Imperial defenders, which they encountered upon many times in the Armageddon Sector. Under the banner of Snikrot, they been experimenting with guerrilla warfare, and special tactics which they mimicked from the hummies.

Experience with WH40k: Greenhorn, yet know the basics of the trade.

Army List:

Initial force : 700 points

HQ

Warboss - 'Eadwoppa's Killchoppa , 'eavy Armor, BP, kombi-skorcha, attack squig, cybork body : 125

Elites

1x15 Kommandos, Snikrot, Nob w/PK, 2xBurnas, 2x Rokkit Launchas: 270

Troops

1x20 ´Ard Boyz, Nob w/PK, 'eavy Armor, 2xBig Shootas, BP: 125

Heavy Support

1xBattlewagon - Open Top, Big Shoota x2, Armor Plates, Red Paint, Deffrolla, Kustom forcefield, Wreckin' Ball, Grot Rigger: 130

1xLooted Wagon - Boomgun, Armor Plates, 'ard Case:, Reinforced Ram : 115

Reserves

HQ

Big Mek - 'eavy Armor, KFF, Cybork Body, kombi-rokkit, Ammo runt: 108

Troops

1x20 Boyz, Nob w/PK, 'eavy Armor, 2xBig Shootas BP: 125

2x19 Grotz, Runtherd: 134

1x4 Nobz, all w/'eavy armor, 1xKombi Rokkit and Ammo Runt, 1xKombi-Skorcha, 1xBP: 118

1x4 Nobz, all w/'eavy armor, 1xKombi Rokkit and Ammo Runt, 1xKombi-Skorcha, 1xBP: 118

Deff Dread - Skorcha, DCCW, Armor Plates, Riggers: 110

Heavy Support

X7 Flash Gits w/ More Dakka, 3x Ammo Runts + Kaptin Badrukk : 300

3x Big Trakks - 1xSupa-kannon, 1xBig lobba, 1xFlakka Gunz, 3x Rokkit launchas, 3x Big Shottas, ´Ard case, Stikkbomb chukkas, Red Paint job, Grot riggers, Deff Rolla, 6x Grott Sponsors : (115 each )350 points.

1xBattlewagon - Open Top, Big Shoota, Armor Plates, Red Paint, Deffrolla: 115

2xLooted Wagon - Boomgun, Armor Plates, 'ard Case: 230

1x3 Killa Kanz - KMBs: 165

2x Dakkajet 130 - Supa Shoota, Fighta Ace
Last edited by The Soviet Union of Mother Russia on Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 12 times in total.

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:04 pm

North Calaveras wrote:G-tech I think I will be tyranids then, however i'm a fluff/book guy so im not to versed in the actualy tabletop game

Nah, not a lot. I'm a very forgiving OP. You'll probably want to at least have a rudimentary understanding of how to play tabletop though (which I assume you do).

not really other than reading the fluff of my codex lol

but here it goes

Army Name (Allegiance): Splinter Fleet Dracula(genestealer cult)
Army Bio: This genestealer cult is the remnant of a small splinter fleet that was crushed during a Astartes patrol of the sector, the surviving genestealer cult barley survived in the underhive before propgating to a larger force. The partent hive fleet of the splinter fleet was an offshoot of hive fleet leviathan.
Experience with WH40k: fluff/lore mostly, very small tabletop experience
Army List: just going to use initial troops
Initial Forces:
500 pts of Genestealer Cultists, deployed at the Great Viaduct
Reinforcements:
1+ units of Genestealers, Escalation 9+
1+ units of Tyrannids, Escalation 11+
Political Themes: Nationalism, Romanticism, Ceasarism, Militarism, Social Liberalism, Cult of Personality

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:08 pm

By day, in terms of between reinforcements, how long does each last IRL?
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:11 pm

Hmmm. I may not go with the Dark Mechanicus. How would y'all feel about Nuns with guns, or Dark Eldar ?
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:11 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:By day, in terms of between reinforcements, how long does each last IRL?

Largely depends. Day 1? Probably going to be a few hours, since nobody is going to be starting battles then. Later though, when multiple battles are kicking off with each new day.. well, it may take some time.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:13 pm

The Soviet Union of Mother Russia wrote:I updated the Ork roster for the initial 700 points, and including the reserves.

Army Name (Allegiance): Red Skull Kommandoz - Blood Axes

Army Bio: Boss Snikrot, being the vicious and skilled Ork Kommando, leads the company of Ork special forces known as the Red Skull Kommandoz within the equatorial jungles of the Imperial Hive World of Armageddon. Summoned by Warboss Baddfrag to partake in the latest WAAAGH!, they vow returned to seek vengeance upon the Imperial defenders, which they encountered upon many times in the Armageddon Sector. Under the banner of Snikrot, they been experimenting with guerrilla warfare, and special tactics which they mimicked from the hummies.

Experience with WH40k: Greenhorn, yet know the basics of the trade.

Army List:

Initial force : 700 points

HQ

Warboss - Power Klaw, 'eavy Armor, BP, kombi-skorcha, attack squig, cybork body: 125

Elites

1x15 Kommandos, Snikrot, Nob w/PK, 2xBurnas: 270

Troops

2xBattlewagon - Open Top, Big Shoota, Armor Plates, Deffrolla: 230

Reserves

HQ

Big Mek - 'eavy Armor, KFF, Cybork Body, kombi-rokkit, Ammo runt: 108

Troops

Deff Dread - Skorcha, DCCW, Armor Plates, Riggers: 110

Heavy Support

2xLooted Wagon - Open Top, Boomgun, Armor Plates, 'ard Case: 250

1x3 Killa Kanz - KMBs: 165

2x Dakkajet 130 - Supa Shoota, Fighta Ace

I like them. Happily accepted.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:15 pm

North Calaveras wrote:

but here it goes

Army Bio: This genestealer cult is the remnant of a small splinter fleet that was crushed during a Astartes patrol of the sector, the surviving genestealer cult barley survived in the underhive before propgating to a larger force. The partent hive fleet of the splinter fleet was an offshoot of hive fleet leviathan.
Initial Forces:
Reinforcements:

So, how are you going to deploy your points within the Cultists?

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:16 pm

North Calaveras wrote:

but here it goes

Initial Forces:
Reinforcements:

im not sure what exactly you mean, like i said im brand spanking new to tabletop rules.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:17 pm

Er G-Tech I'm using an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor.
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

The Soviet Union of Mother Russia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Soviet Union of Mother Russia » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:21 pm

The Soviet Union of Mother Russia wrote:I updated the Ork roster for the initial 700 points, and including the reserves.

I like them. Happily accepted.

Time to ram some tanks ;)

Imperial City-States
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial City-States » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:40 pm

Will have an App up shortly.
http://www.broomdces.com/nseconomy/nations.php?nation=Imperial+City-States
"The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion, but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
"Stand in the ashes of a million dead souls and ask the ghost if honor matters."
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell
"No advance in wealth, no softening of manners, no reform or revolution has ever brought human equality a millimeter nearer."
George Orwell

Unapologetically American
U.S Army

Imperial City-States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial City-States » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:43 pm

Army Name (Allegiance):
D-99 Tempestus Scions ; Imperial

Army Bio:
Initially transported to Mordian for some "Relaxed Training" after a fairly extensive purge of a nearby Argri-World in which Detachment 99 was forced to cleanse ancient underground tunnels from Nurgle Cultist where the unit endured heavy casualties. Following the purge the Detachment is also in a 'waiting period' to check for corruption, typical of units that have fought Chaos. During this time they're expected to receive reinforcements prior to their next deployment.

Experience with WH40k:
I've played the Table Top since 2010, read immense amounts of the books and played many of the games as well as taken part in several RP's on NS.

Army List:

Militarum Temptus Platoon:540

Militarum Tempestus Command Squad:135
Vox Caster
x3 Melta Guns
Plasma Pistol (PL)

Militarum Tempestus Scions:135
Vox Caster
x2 Melta Guns

Vox Caster
x2 Melta Guns

Vox Caster
x2 Melta Guns
Last edited by Imperial City-States on Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion, but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
"Stand in the ashes of a million dead souls and ask the ghost if honor matters."
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell
"No advance in wealth, no softening of manners, no reform or revolution has ever brought human equality a millimeter nearer."
George Orwell

U.S Army

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:52 pm

North Calaveras wrote:

im not sure what exactly you mean, like i said im brand spanking new to tabletop rules.

Ah, hmm. Well, in tabletop units consist of models, and have to be deployed in squads/formations/platoons/whatnots. Your 500 points of Genestealer Cultists will be split up into a multitude of infantry squads and whatnot, in order to fight on the battlefield.

Here's a short list, for instance.

Genestealer Cult: 600 pts
HQ - Broodlord Lord Squad: 4 Genestealers + Broodlord, w/Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands, and Toxin Sacs, Broodlord w/Scything Talons, Implant - 165 pts
Troops - Cultists Blob A: 19 Cultists + Cultist Champion, w/Heavy Stubber and Flamer, Champion w/Shotgun - 105 pts
Cultists Blob B: ^ - 105 pts
Repeat A -> B to taste, adding a Genestealer blob whenever desired.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warpspace
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Warpspace » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:53 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:That's about 1700 total, yeah?

Normal armies are 1850, but we should wait on G-Tech to let us know exactly how much we should start with.

Orkz will be landing on turn two wherever they wish- they'll be getting 700 points, as I stated earlier. If you have larger lists that will make reinforcements easier, but you won't have everything to start with.

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:I don't know if I should start crying or not.

Sorceror lists with summoning can be remarkably fun.

Probably one of the most fun things about the 7th Edition is how fluffy Daemosn are now. They actually do exponentially increase in size, so over the course of a single turn your Daemon army can double in size for absolutely free. Also though, what would be the best place to gather a list of cultist forces? IA13? Cultist army led by a Chaos Sorcerer of Nurgle?
If we affirm one moment, we thus affirm not only ourselves but all existence. For nothing is self-sufficient, neither in us ourselves nor in things; and if our soul has trembled with happiness and sounded like a harp string just once, all eternity was needed to produce this one event—and in this single moment of affirmation all eternity was called good, redeemed, justified, and affirmed.
- Friedrich Nietzsche -

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Imperial City-States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial City-States » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:55 pm

If you guys want information on assorted Armies go ahead and ask, i can dig up the Army list.
George Orwell
George Orwell

U.S Army

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:57 pm

Imperial City-States wrote:Army Name (Allegiance):
D-99 Tempestus Scions ; Imperial

Army Bio:
Initially transported to Mordian for some "Relaxed Training" after a fairly extensive purge of a nearby Argri-World in which Detachment 99 was forced to cleanse ancient underground tunnels from Nurgle Cultist where the unit endured heavy casualties. Following the purge the Detachment is also in a 'waiting period' to check for corruption, typical of units that have fought Chaos. During this time they're expected to receive reinforcements prior to their next deployment.

Experience with WH40k:
I've played the Table Top since 2010, read immense amounts of the books and played many of the games as well as taken part in several RP's on NS.

Army List:

Militarum Temptus Platoon:540

Militarum Tempestus Command Squad:135
Vox Caster
x3 Melta Guns
Plasma Pistol (PL)

Vox Caster
x2 Melta Guns

Vox Caster
x2 Melta Guns

Vox Caster
x2 Melta Guns

Ah, Militarum. Shall I categorize you as IG, or Inquistion for purposes of Reinforcement? Also- which Warlord table would you like me to roll for your commander on?

Warpspace wrote:Probably one of the most fun things about the 7th Edition is how fluffy Daemosn are now. They actually do exponentially increase in size, so over the course of a single turn your Daemon army can double in size for absolutely free. Also though, what would be the best place to gather a list of cultist forces? IA13? Cultist army led by a Chaos Sorcerer of Nurgle?

Whatever works for you, really. The Renegades and Heretics are good place to start, but if it makes sense, I'll likely take it.

Imperial City-States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial City-States » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:00 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Ah, Militarum. Shall I categorize you as IG, or Inquistion for purposes of Reinforcement? Also- which Warlord table would you like me to roll for your commander on?

Well Scions are technically apart of the Imperial Guard (i despise the fact that you refer to them as Astra).

As for the Warlord table, the Actual Scions one from their codex.

1: Dauntless Commander - Warlord gets Fearless.

2: Grenadier - Any frag and krak grenades the Warlord throws get twin-linked. Meltabombs and krak genades used in combat get Tank Hunters.

3: Intrepid Leader - All Tempestus units within 12" of Warlord gain Stubborn. Alright for a trait.

4: Grav-Chute Commandos - All deep-striking units can re-roll reserves. Also, the warlord and his detatchment only roll d6" when deep-striking.

5: Drill Chief - Any Tempestus units firing Hot-Shot Lasguns/Laspistols within 6" of the Warlord gain 6" extra range provided they didn't move in the last movement phase.

6: Inspired Commander - Warlord gets +1 Leadership.
George Orwell
George Orwell

U.S Army

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:05 pm

Imperial City-States wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Ah, Militarum. Shall I categorize you as IG, or Inquistion for purposes of Reinforcement? Also- which Warlord table would you like me to roll for your commander on?

Well Scions are technically apart of the Imperial Guard (i despise the fact that you refer to them as Astra).

As for the Warlord table, the Actual Scions one from their codex.

1: Dauntless Commander - Warlord gets Fearless.

2: Grenadier - Any frag and krak grenades the Warlord throws get twin-linked. Meltabombs and krak genades used in combat get Tank Hunters.

3: Intrepid Leader - All Tempestus units within 12" of Warlord gain Stubborn. Alright for a trait.

4: Grav-Chute Commandos - All deep-striking units can re-roll reserves. Also, the warlord and his detatchment only roll d6" when deep-striking.

5: Drill Chief - Any Tempestus units firing Hot-Shot Lasguns/Laspistols within 6" of the Warlord gain 6" extra range provided they didn't move in the last movement phase.

6: Inspired Commander - Warlord gets +1 Leadership.

Astra Militarum, my right teste. The Guard stand. Sure, I'll use that table- I'm offering folks the choice between their faction table, and the generic Warlord tables.

Imperial City-States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial City-States » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:06 pm

George Orwell
George Orwell

U.S Army

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:11 pm

Ill just take however many genesteLer cultists i cam get

Im more of a make a good story giy then raw stats

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse