NATION

PASSWORD

Infinite Justice: Beyond (Marvel,DC,DBZ X/Over, IC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:34 am

Sabrina El Carter/Star Girl-18 Yrs-Siberia

My eyes were set firmly on the opponent in front of me, as I tightened my fists, watching as he began to glow with a purple aura. As I was about to bring myself to him, I watched as he disappeared. Seemingly showing the ability to teleport. In a flash the armored man appeared on my left flank, and the only warning I received was in the form of him naming his attack. "Psycho Cannon!" The blast hit me head on, but the only result was me being knocked back a few feet. Less in response to his own attack, and more for my own being caught off guard. As I fired a barrage of heat beams at the man, I was careful to control the amount of power I used, as I did not intend to kill him. Simply keep him away from Rin. But in doing so, I was miscalculating exactly how much force was needed, and ended up low balling myself, as this M Bison teleported once more and this time appeared right in front of me. Charging a blast of Psycho power in the palm of his hand which he pressed against my chest and exclaimed as he expelled the concentrated energy through me.

"Psycho Punisher!"

I was blow backwards, as I pressed my own hand against my chest. Looking down, feeling that the attack had actually hurt somewhat. But my uniform, was without a scratch. Its not simply clothing, it's armor. Where did my father get this thing anyways? It was then that my eyes scanned the man approaching the girl. In a instant I had flown from where I was to him and snatched him up by the cape, spinning him around several times and then releasing him with such force as he blasted through several trees and into a large hill side, throwing snow all around as his impact had made him a near cave. My vision zoomed in to near telescopic levels as I watched him slowly emerge from the crater.

His clothes clearly torn and ripped, the cape completely gone, in fact, I still held a piece of it within my right hand. His hat was now gone and he was obviously injured. But the troubling part was...I did not see the first sign of blood. It is...strange...

"You possess great strength girl...but even that which you wield, fails in comparison to my Psycho Power!!!"

His body erupted in a dark energy as he propelled himself at me. throwing a barrage of punches which I blocked and avoided. The man's power having grown exponentially, but I could see the toll it was taking on his body. As I slugged him with a uppercut, he fell away only to resume the battle once more.

I could not seem to piece it together. Is he human? is body is rapidly falling apart, and yet, I dont see the slightest sense of pain from him or the first sign of real injury hindering him. As his body was entirely engulfed in a deep violet energy, then he positioned himself like a spinning drill and crashed into me. In what I assumed was his most powerful attack.

"Psycho Crusher!"

I actually winced in real pain as he impacted me like a drill before teleporting above me and planting both feet upon my face, slamming me into the earth beneath us. I moved my finger first, simply to check to see if I could. I would not lie, that actually hurt me, but as my eyes blinked open, I could tell that the battle was already over.

Only not in this would be dictator's favor.

He proudly crossed both arms and hovered above me in the air, his skin rapidly tearing away and his physical body suffering immense damage from his own...Psycho Power.

"You must see it now dont you? The hopelessness of it? I cannot die. Should this body be destroyed I will only find a new and perhaps more powerful body to inhabit. That...is why I desire your friend over there, to use as a vessel for my soul...which cannot be destroyed as I seek ultimate power."

As he made the announcement, I pulled myself up and used my X-Ray Vision, as I solved the mystery. He would not bleed, or tire...because his body...is like that of a doll. It is empty, holding only his soul within it. My face twisted into a defeated look at the news.

I then stood up, speaking as I rose.

"Is it true...that no matter how strong I am...I cannot kill you?" I asked, his own cockiness shown even more, as he triumphantly confirmed it.

"That is correct." My frown, then transformed instantly to a grin as my eyes shone a crimson.

"Then I have no reason to hold back!" I bellowed.

I blitzed the failed conqueror and plowed my fist right through his chest. Then, my heat vision incinerate what remained of his form. Overkill? Perhaps...but is it really when the man will simply possess a predetermined body?

As the dust settled, I allowed myself to relocate the lost girl, and making my way over to her. I could see various pieces of a stereo around her. Broken.

I began to mentally analyze the pieces and use my computer like mind to piece them back together. After all, I think I deserve some music for what has just happened. After I see about getting this thing to work, I will bring her body back to whoever I believe can help revive her.

After a few moments of toying with the pieces, I had a almost as good as new stereo now playing some of my favorite music as I tried to relax. Never knowing the affect it would have on the girl.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:08 am

Ralph the Rat-16 Yrs-New Mobius

The stone shattered as it contacted my gloved hand, as pieces scattered around everywhere. I continued my training on the floating island, high above the ground on New Mobius. My friends had all gone to pursue their own desires. Solar running endlessly around the new planet, exploring it's every facet and gaining a new appreciation for our new world. While Trix the Linx worked alongside the humans and Overlanders to ensure our races could thrive peacefully together. She was rapidly becoming a important figure for our cooperation. As for myself, I am testing my new found abilities, as I work to become stronger to defend the Master Emerald as well as our world, from anyone who would harm it. And to do so with my own power, without needing to borrow from the Chaos Emeralds. Discovering that I can enhance my physical strength with psychic energy. Allowing me to compensate somewhat for my normally frail body. A talent I was not aware I had. As I sensed one of the many trees behind me, I focused my psychic power into my left leg, as I swiftly rotated and threw a powerful side kick at the tree, enhancing my kick with telekinetic power, breaking through the trunk and seeing the massive plant creak and fall over, it's pieces snaking across the small floating island.

As I observed the results of the latest training. I was not quite satisfied. Certainly, it is far and above what I believed I could do just days ago. But it seems so insignificant against the threats I recently faced. If indeed there are beings like Perfect Chaos, or Maelstrom Claus out there, then this level of ability is meaningless.

Of course, all begin somewhere, but the feeling of being completely outclassed is hard to shake. I was able to calm the spirit of Chaos. But that was with all of the positive power of the Chaos Emeralds.

I was able to wound Maelstrom, but had Max and Mir not been there, I could have never defeated him.

Surely, I will not achieve that level of power in a day. But it gives me a goal to reach. Even if I never have to use such power. I then decided to test another way to use my abilities, as I was content with seeing what I could do in close range combat. So, I figured that the next logical step was ranged combat. I had some experience throwing rocks back on Mobius, however, I dont think that will always be an option or maybe there is just a better way.

I mentally grabbed a hold of four small stones around me, and slowly had them ascend into the sky above me. Until they were about thirty yards out, and I was content with the distance. I then had them simply hold their position in the sky, as I focused on them. Mentally firing what could only be called telekinetic bullets at the stones, and seeing them turn to dust.

A feint smile provided evidence for my satisfaction. As I knew that I was only groping at the basics of what I could achieve. However, my training was interrupted as my stomach protested it's emptiness. Sighing to myself, I resigned my training early so as I could take a break. I sat myself down indian style right beside the large hovering green emerald. Gripping a large and yellowish colored fruit from a nearby tree, I pulled it off and took a bite from it without ever touching it with my hands.

Simply biting it as I held it with my psychic powers I enjoyed my mid day meal as I enjoyed the ambient sounds and solitude to my new homeworld. Not expecting any of my friends, or anyone else to show up for some time.

Of course, I had been wrong before.

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:50 am

August Carter/Ranger-13(20ish Years)-Devil's Den

Even with my helmet on, it was hard to contain my nervousness around this girl. This girl has had more girls than I did? How does that work? As she named off a guest list worth the names I simply plopped myself back down as I realized just how out of myself I was. I know what she is talking about...after all, I am 13. But beyond the general theme of behind closed doors, I dont know much about it. I was reaching for my half full glass of milk when she even said that had she liked boys, she would even give me a pass. Or whatever that meant, the comment worked me up so much I dropped the glass all over the counter, spilling the milk everywhere.

The one important thing that I picked up was that she was helping Chorus look for someone. Presumably the one who stole her voice. If I could help Chorus find this person...and get her voice back. She would fall in love with me...right?

Yeah, thats how it works. In my video game RPGs the hero always has to do something BIG to impress the princess. Man I miss playing my Sega Spectrum.

And if it comes to a fight, I sparred with my dad, so I should be fine. It was then that the bartender had responded to Deedee's order to get me something with alcohol in it. I was still wearing my helmet, actually forgetting I had it on. As I just star ed blankly at the substance through my visor.

"My parents dont have alcohol. It's not allowed in our home. And I am not legal age anyways..." I droned on to no one in particular. Also forgetting how old I appear to the two ladies. It was then that I finally noticed through the reflection in the beverage, that I was still wearing the helmet, so I once more removed it. As I slowly picked the drink up.

Well....I suppose one drink wont hurt right? After all...as long as NO ONE tells mom....I will live.

As I brought the drink to my lips, ignoring the strong smell as I slipped a sip in between my lips, and the spurted it in front of me.

Horror then spread across my face as I saw who it was in front of me.

I just spit alcohol all over the crush of my life....

I completely froze, unable to say anything, but silently cursing Deedee in my mind. As I frantically tried to dry Chorus off with the napkins, I realized...that Deedee is the type of girl my mom warned me about.

And mom was right.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:32 am

Daniel Carter/NightBlade-38 Years-Joker's Fun House, Gotham City

The things that go on in this girl's mind. Staring a poisonous toxin in the face and she cannot let go of the Princess Peach comment. I mentally sighed, although Mia has a very...unique...perspective on things, she can handle herself well enough. Proving that in this last fight. I reattached my weapons to the harness on my suit, as I stood straight and directed her into the Factory, as we were walking in the front door, I briefly turned around, to give a second look at the dead men decorating the parking lot entrance. There still bodies growing cold in the Gotham Night, most of them murdered not by our hands, but by the Joker himself. Joker has no regard for lives, even for ones which follow him. Me and Mia both descended into the factory, and at the entrance was a hallway where we were passing by several office spaces. Most of the doors were painted with random splashes of paint, and sometimes the walls, were decorated with a shade of red...that was not artificial paint.

But just like the approach to the factory, it was far too quiet. I dont like it. I know there had to be more to his gangsters than the few posted at the entrance. That being said, it is possible that they were killed by the Joker, or someone else already. I stepped around a overturned office chair, as I ignored my image being reflected in a dull window. Had I been paying attention, a deep part of me would not have recognized the man anyways.

We had finally entered a factory floor, where equipment and boxes and piles of broken toys were scattered everywhere. The disuse in this place, was very real. As the evidence was everywhere. Mia had grown impatient with the search, and was about to suggest we move on to another level.

“Sent – I mean Nightblade – we haven’t seen a single Clown since the entrance, are you sure that we’re going in the right direction? Maybe we should be trying on another floo –“

Just then, the factory exploded as the speakers and intercoms ignited with a piercing and very high pitched scream. The voice, was obviously a woman, and it was even more clear which woman.

Ceecee was in trouble.

I was about to calm Mia, but I never had the chance, she burst ahead of me, sprinting all out. Calling after her, my futile attempt at reigning her in was...well...futile.

But she did not make it very far. Up ahead, she had fallen through the weakened floor, and tumbled down to the basement level. Now, we are all separated. Just as I set a foot forward to go and collect Mia, the lights in the factory all turned on in a rather violent flash, but my own cowl protected me from the sensation of being blinded.

Taking a new look at the factory room, I could see that it had been converted, into what looked to be a manufacturing plant for the Joker's Laughing Venom. It's the same old performance, honestly, I am surprised. Normally the Joker is far less predictable than this. And then, as if in defiance of my judgment for his show's performance. The Joker had several spot lights appear over him, as he revealed himself on the catwalk above me.

"Ta-da!" Joker exclaimed. Doing a stage pose as I peered up at him. His green hair shining in the light, scars upon the sides of his mouth and cheeks in the shape of a smile. Purple suit pristine and clean and pressed. the Clown Prince then gleefully pranced over to some cables, and cut them with a swift swipe of a knife.

I had braced myself for some sort of an attack, clutching my blade between my gloved fingers as I scanned my surroundings, however, what I had witnessed was a far more terrifying sight than a simple attack. From the rafters of the factory, a torn and ragged cape and cowl soared. The cape billowing behind it as the cable lurched it toward me, with the Joker, actually appearing rather...regretful. Of course, it was likely a staged face.

But perhaps he was, as the cape and cowl lurched forward...I recognized what it was, even with it's torn and bloody appearance.

The cowl and cape...belonged to the Batman.

I snatched the cable in which the gruesome display hung, and delicately cut the rope. As Joker did his own version of the 21 gun solute...or so I believed.

Sticking his pistol out into the air, he gave a sloppy solute as he issued a brief speech for the fallen Dark Knight.

"Oh, how the memories we created shall be dear to old Uncle Joker. The man never knew a good joke if it bit him in the cape. I did all I could for him before the Batsie passed...I sent him off with a smile!" I then heard the loud crack of a gun, and as my eyes flashed up, I could see that the pistol he wielded and was now twirling had a 'Bang' flag hinging from it.

The Batman's mask held in my hand, I could see where the Joker, had used blood to mark a smiling face on the cowl. I gently set the mask on the ground, as I looked up, once more at the Joker, elevated on his catwalk. I did not say anything, rather I simply loaded my machine gun.

Joker, responded himself, bringing the joke pistol down to aim with me. And with a second pull of his trigger, the joke flag shot forth like a spear, beginning our battle.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:32 pm

Ralph the Rat-16 Years-New Mobius

My time in quiet has finally ended. As a red furred Hedgehog on what appeared to be extreme gear landed on my isolated island in the sky and began to barrage me with questions, as she somehow seemed to replicate my ability to eat fruit, without physically touching it. I however guessed that she was manipulating air currents, as I could feel the winds shift in her favor as she manipulated the fruit. I finished my snack as I stood up, my duel colored eyes, both yellow and blue scanned the sight as I brushed myself off. Starting with my name properly. "I am Ralph, I cannot really be too bothered by moving here. After all, I witnessed the battle which changed our planet." It then occurred to me, that this woman may not understand how we all arrived here, after all, there was no time for an explanation. I began to address her questions in the order I felt like she wanted to know. Meaning my own abilities were first.

"What you saw earlier was me practicing my own psychic abilities. I recently found myself to possess powers which are based in my own mind. I dont know how much I can do yet, but I have discovered that I can push and pull objects without touching them. Enhance my own physical capabilities. And use a rock like a cannon. Not to mention fly. Although, I have a feeling that this is only the surface of the power I can command." My eyes then shifted from Ashley, to the Master Emerald, which rested peacefully on a large rock formation as it hovered just over it, and rotated perfectly as it's emerald color glistened in the sunlight.

"I need to know exactly how much power I can command so that I can defend the Master Emerald. And this world." I added, as I turned back to her.

"For that matter, you seem to possess talents yourself." I then walked slowly past the Hedgehog, as I stood on the ledge of the floating island, paying no mind to the fact I could fall over.

"There is a world, no....a universe beyond our new home. A universe filled with threats and beings who could end our life on New Mobius just as they did on our old world. And they lost that battle. I am starting to believe, that I need to be more than the protector of the Master Emerald, I need to create my own destiny. Our world will need a defense against another such threat." I went silent for a moment. As the thoughts of leaving this world came to mind.

"Eventually, I will need to see what is out there. There is so much more than this new world. I intend to make sure anything out there never threatens our people again." I was starting to speak to myself more than to my new company now, as if trying to convince myself I could achieve my goal of protecting my world.

There is always so much left to do.

August Carter-13 Yrs-Devil's Den

Alissa did not seem to be too upset over me spilling my drink on her. In fact, she did not seemed fazed at all. Oh, great....she does not hate me. Although as I looked at her, calming myself down. I could see she was at her lowest point that she has ever sunk in her life. Sure, she has a cool sword and all, but she has lost her voice. Thats like...if I lost my dad, or big sis....or mom. Maybe my Justice League Action figure collection. But something needs to be done, as Deedee left us both alone.

I call myself a hero, but here I am, with someone desperately needing my help in front of me. I cant call myself my dad's son if I dont help her.

"OK, well I have decided." I said flatly.

"I will help you get your voice back. Whatever it takes." I said, trying to convince myself more than her as I smiled sheepishly.

I then stood up, my helmet layed upon the counter as I stretched. As a flash of light hit me, and forcing me to realize that she was looking taller than I remembered. My eyes then passed my reflection, in the mirror behind the bar. As I was just high enough to see into it, as my eyes widened in shock.

I look 13 again. The armor now gone and replaced with my blue jeans and red Robin hoodie.

As Chorus now saw me as I actually am. I, from some source I could not really explain, presumably from whatever entity revived me. Had given me the power to alter my physical form. To an extent. Although I have no clue as to how I woke up as a 23 year old man, and now reverted to a 13 year old child. Perhaps it runs on a time limit?

But mental flashes appeared in my mind, as I began to remember my own revival process. It was broken, and in pieces so hard to understand. As I began to understand the method of my revival, and the results. I learned from the flashes that I can will myself into a sort of, 'Hero Mode' when I need to. Resulting in my adult and armored persona which I recently named 'Ranger'. But I am still a child, and I revert back to my normal state and age when not in danger.

It's confusing to say the least, and I still cannot remember who resurrected me, and by what means. Still leaving questions. But I suppose they will come in time.

I then scratched the back of my head in a embarrassed manner as I finally came clean about who I actually am. Age and all.

"Sorry for misleading you Alissa. But...I did not mean to, honestly I thought I was stuck looking like I was a grown man just a few minutes ago." I then shoved both hands in my pockets as I tried to brace myself for her reaction.

"I am August, I died a little while ago. Not sure how long...and I dont remember who killed me. I will likely remember in time. But somehow, as a side effect of being revived...I can make myself older and stronger. I guess as a defense against being killed again I suppose." I then smiled at her.

"I may be 13, but I am still your biggest fan." I claimed. Before finally asking the big question.

"So, would you still allow me to help you get your voice back?" I asked, still blushing from the prospect on it.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:38 am

Daniel Carter/NightBlade-38 Yrs-Joker's Funhouse, Gotham city

I dodged the shot from his weapon, as I knew how it functioned already. First pull of the trigger reveals what appears to be a joke flag, and then he catches his victim off guard when they are suddenly impaled by it. I weaved under the shot and hurled my blade at him on the catwalk, but rather than aim for him specifically, I aimed for the cables supporting the catwalk, as I drew my machine guns and fired a burst of bullets further destroying the structure holding it above me. As the catwalk began to creak and shift the Joker slammed across the railing and tumbled downward, landing atop of a stack of wooden crates. The Joker gave himself a chuckle as he pulled himself up, but as he did so I was already using smaller formations of crates as a jumping platform to get myself to him, as I threw a powerful left kick into his gut. Sending him finally down to the cold concrete beneath us, removing his height advantage.

But as he dusted off his purple suit and smiled, I could not help but think that something was off. He is...smiling. Strange, it does not fit the Joker profile. He lives to temp and torment the Batman, not to kill him as others that the Batman fights. Something is, wrong, if it is true that Joker has killed the Batman, even by accident, he should be visibly depressed. Morose, the opposite of laughing joy.

I grabbed the Joker up by his collar, lifting him several inches off the ground as I thrust him against the wall. Attempting to confirm my suspicions.

"The Batman, where is he! You did not kill him, you would not have. We both know that is not your MO." His expression changed to one of a feigned sadness.

"Oh, it was a loss, I did not mean to crack the egg to make the omelet. But what can I say NightFluke, the man just died of laughter." The clown jeered as he then placed his hand to the flower upon his suit.

"You know, a nice flower is proven to help lift the spirits after a tragedy. Have a smell!" The howled as the green acid spurted and scorched my suit, as it spilled onto my left shoulder. The burning sensation was there, and I dropped the mad clown, but the suit was tailored and reinforced to resist such acids.

As the scampered away to place some distance and recover, I slowly walked after him in my pursuit.

"Congratulations Joker. I was here to kill you. I am still here to kill you. However you have postponed your execution. I cannot get Batman's location from a corpse. So how many rounds will it take clown?"

He then jumped up and placed his fists in exaggerated boxing formation. In a dramatic 'put up your dukes' stance.

"Oh you'll find that Uncle Joker can go many rounds." Then with a couple pathetic jabs, he pulled a loaded boxing glove from seemingly nowhere and with a press of the button, I felt the spring loaded gag weapon slam into my face. Throwing me off balance and giving the Joker and opening to slam my right leg with a crowbar. Instantly dropping me to a knee.

As I looked up, I could see the mad man caressing the iron weapon taunting me.

"Oh, come on is that all you got! Even Batgirl put up a bigger fight when I crippled her! AHHAHHAHAAA!" His echoing laughter was only interrupted by a explosion in the factory. "Oh well, I suppose I am gonna need to find a new Jester, God good help is hard to find these days, dont you agree?" As he craned his neck I took advantage of the opening and lept up and planted a powerful punch into his gut, instantly sending him kneeling over, as he coughed up blood.

I looked down on him as he rolled over, and climbed back up. Knowing I was not aiming to kill him, but cause injury instead. However, we both know that is a very poor way of getting information from the Joker. Pain is not really a factor for him, not that he does not feel it.

He simply does not care.

As he stood back up, once more and wiped the red blood from his lips, his messy green hair falling all over his eyes. "You are just like all the other capes. None of you know a good joke if it smashed you in the face. And yet, you only see what the performer wants you to see. The larger show eludes you...." I stopped briefly, as I faced him. Deciding to see what exactly he was playing at.

"Enlighten me." I commanded, and the Joker placed his face in his gloved hand, madly chuckling.

"You still dont get it NightFluke. Oh well, even if it spoils the fun, I suppose I am just gonna have to be the one who tells the kiddies Santa Claus is not real." He then shot his arms out as if in illustration.

"Do you truly believe, that I went though all of this!? All of this glorious chaos I created, all of this murder and mayhem I have created by capturing the bat? Sure, you were right. The rodent is not dead, but he refuses to see my reason. And so does his city. This city has limped along on the efforts of the Bat's annoying teenage vixen side kick alone. But after tonight, I will release a new Joker Toxin, one in which has been developed and prepared for since all of this began. The new toxin will not be fatal, but it will have a similar affect as it had on that one wedding damsel I discovered a couple months ago. When I heard about the crazy cook she had turned into, she had given me an idea. To engineer a new toxin that will turn this entire city Batsh*t insane! Once the Bat witnesses this, I am certain he will finally crack. And realize that he and I...are not so different. As a matter of fact, all of Gotham will be a haven for the insane! Hoohoohaahoo." The man voice then lowered considerably.

"The Batman would have already discovered my plans. In fact, he has. I have even been showing my face at every location where the gas has been planted. Hoping someone would catch on, provide some sport for me. But because I have to spoil the whole show for you, it really takes the fun out of it. For that, I am sorry you wont see the encore. Just know, Gotham City is always in good hands with Uncle Joker..."

As the Joker brandished a knife I lunged at him I realized that it was my desire for vengeance which had clouded my judgement, and allowed me to miss the details of his plan.

A problem that I will now remedy.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:42 pm

Ralph the Rat-16 Yrs-Emerald Island, New Mobius

This girl, seems almost strangely nonchalant for someone who was just warped to a new world with no explanation. As her head peered over the edge of her board I locked eyes with her, and sighed with a small smile. "Well, there is much to talk about." I conceded as my features became more serious at the mention of her question. "What happened?" I asked rhetorically. I then approached her floating board, where we are about eye level. "I am assuming you desire the short version. In that case, I will tell you."

My eyes seemed to look past her, as I remembered the events of earlier. The battle with Scourge the Hedgehog, his sacrifice against Chaos. The arrival of Max, and the final battle against Maelstrom Claus.

"To answer simply, our world was rendered uninhabitable because of a battle against two forces of nature. The first, Chaos, or Perfect Chaos I know much about. His soul corrupted by the malevolent negative power of the Chaos Emeralds. He commanded the oceans and seas and flooded much of the land on Mobius. Wiping out islands and forever changing the landscape of continents. I battled him just outside of Station Square. Using the positive energy of the Chaos Emeralds, I was able to calm his spirit. Had that been it, then we could have perhaps survived and stayed on Mobius. But then, a new demonic force, I dont know where he came from. His very presence poisoned our world, I..." My thoughts then went back to Solar the Hedgehog, Max and Mir. "We could not defeat him fast enough to reverse the damage he had caused." As I finished the story, I locked eyes with the Hedgehog and unfolded my arms.

"It was then, that Max used the powers of Chaos Control to warp our people here. To a new and unspoiled world, where we can rebuild and live. As in time, all of us would have died if left on Mobius." I explained, the not very exciting or pleasant story this Hedgehog may have wanted.

"So, what else could I tell you?"

Sabrina El Carter/Star Girl-18 Yrs-Siberia, Russia

The music was sharply interrupted by the shrieking of the seemingly suspended animation girl next to me. It is clear now, she is definitely alive. The shock of her suddenly sparking to life, and crying like a siren, I jumped up and backed away a few steps. At first, it was loud, but nothing I could not handle, but that was changing fast. Her cries were reaching levels that was physically affecting the environment. The ground began to crack, snow began to cascade down the slopes and trees were ripped from their roots. Within moments, I was beginning to feel physical pain from her assault.

I was not even sure if she was doing this intentionally or was simply a impulse. But I was certain of one thing.

She needs to shut up.

Normally I would be rather interested in her power, but now all I can do is try to put her back down. I almost violently grabbed her shoulders and peered deeply into her eyes, my own starting to change to a crimson red. But, it was then that I saw it. In her eyes, she was afraid.

I frantically dove through my own mind, trying to find a way to quiet her down before she causes serious damage. To the environment, and me. I even considered dragging her in to the cold of space. But I was not certain that she could survive that. My mind then flashed to the music player I had turned on, and how all of this had started when I turned it on.

Scooping it up in my hand, I crushed it easily between my fingers. The music dying out as the electronic pieces fell back into the snow. Then, almost as if turning off a light switch, she immediately became unresponsive again.

As she went limp, I held her ensuring she would not fall back into the snow. Whatever it is that keeps her...active. Music seems to be the key. But then what caused her to lose control? Interference? From what? Maybe....sensory overload?

I then got an idea. Perhaps she needs, only music to function. As any other sound is simply interference that gets in the way and crowds her senses. Its only a theory, but it does not make sense otherwise.

I then held her as I lightly touched off of the now silent snow and flew us both back to my own home in Metropolis.

August Carter/Ranger-13 Yrs-Devil's Den

So, I can go with her? Thats awesome. I tried to contain my excitement as I looked around nervously, not even sure if I am allowed to be here now that I look like a kid. But then a couple of her responses struck me, and my eyebrows dropped slightly at the mention of her protecting me. "I dont need your protection, I am going to protect you after all! I mean, all celebrities have to have super cool body guards. And I accept the job. We can talk about payment later. I like strawberry milk, and video games." I then stopped myself. Realizing how childish I was sounding right now.

So uncool.

It was then that I thought about the other thing she said. I may not like some things she does? I dont get it. Why would I not like what she does? She makes an awesome show. It was then that a girl who seemed to match the description walked into the club, I noticed rather quickly. Dad always taught me to be aware of my surroundings. Thats hard to do sometimes though, but someone Alissa needs to find? I tend to keep an eye out.

I then obliviously pointed the person out in the crowd to Alissa.

"Hey Chorus, that lady seems to resemble the one you are looking for...is that her?"

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:48 pm

Daniel Carter/NightBlade-38 Yrs-Joker's Funhouse, Gotham City

I need to learn how he plans to release the gas. A time bomb? Or a manual trigger? Hell knowing Joker it could be a combination of both. As I prepared to finish this battle tonight, I removed my mask, knowing that I would presumably be protected from any of his toxins by the antidote I have pumping in my veins, that is assuming the new toxin is similar enough to the old. As the Joker slashed back and forth at me with a four inch knife, I deflected the attacks and disarmed him, about to thrust the blade into him just as we were both taken by surprise by the appearance of Ceecee, I could hear the Joker chuckle at the falling Ceecee, turning my head to meet her, I could see that she had trouble even standing. A flood of panic seemed to enter her expression and I filtered through my game to guess what it was that was afflicting her. I then cast the thoughts aside as she seemed physically fine, and I guessed it had to be something...else. Perhaps she has some connection or limitation I am unaware of.

I waited until I could see that she had made her way out of the factory and to safety. But, the Joker was not so willing to put our fight on pause. As my attention was not focused on him, for a brief moment he managed to secure himself a machine gun which resembled the old Thompson machine guns from the prohibition. The maniacal clown leaped up on top of a crate as he unleashed a barrage of chattering bullets which shred around me as I evaded but I could not out maneuver the blazing gun forever, and a couple rounds tore their way through my suit, the first through my right leg and the second bullet into my lower back on the left side.

The wounds slowed me down, and would have stopped dead in their tracks any normal man. As Joker confirmed that he had scored a hit, I could hear him howl with laughter.

"Ohhooho. Not even the NightFluke is bullet proof is he, well, not so from that blood trail you are leaving behind." As I ducked behind a steel toy press. I could see Joker, from around the corner skip down and nonchalantly follow the trail I left behind while whistling a cheery tune. As he dusted himself off and picked up his crow bar once more.

I needed to stop my own bleeding, if for no other reason then to prevent me from bleeding everywhere. Which in of itself was a great reason. I picked out a heated torch from my utility belt, and pressed the searing heat against my bleeding wounds, instantly sealing them up. With the side effect of pulsing and flaring pain.

It was then that I saw Joker get ever closer to my position, and with the bleeding stopped, i kept low, and relocated myself. Retrieving my own blade, I knew that the battle was drawing into a crescendo.

With the blade in hand, I spotted a rope that was hoisting a large crate above us, which was right above the Joker. With a quick slash, I severed the rope and dropped the crate atop of him, or attempted to. The Joker sidestepped the trap but the opening was made, as he brandished his crowbar against my sword, and as the two crossed, the results were rather anti climatic.

The blade cut clean through the crowbar. Sending the top half clanging down to the floor as the echoes bounced off the walls. Joker looked puzzled as he held the half of his iron bar up.

"This blade is made from an allow which can essentially cut through almost anything, there are very few metals in the world which can resist it. Sorry, but you will need a Adamantium skeleton to survive a cut from this."

The Joker seemed unfazed, quickly retaliating with a retort.

"Well, if only I had a bigger budget I could work with, I could afford the props worthy of actor such as myself." With that I slammed the hilt of the sword into his forehead, knocking him backwards to which a scowl spread across his face as he pulled another pistol. This time, it was not a bullet he fired, but rather a dart of some kind, which punctured my chest.

I picked the vial out of me, and held it between my fingers, it was small and had a small amount of some yellow liquid inside of it, the rest was within me. I grabbed my head as my balance began to fail. It was some sort of poison as it became obvious, my vision began to blur, and I saw doubles as the images of the Joker in front of me strapping a small device to his hand.

"Well, well....I suppose it has been some fun. It almost makes me remember the glory days. But tell be NightFluke, you look tired, weary even. Can you tell me why? It's because you have been poisoned NightFlop. Well, I suppose you need a rest, but before that. Tell me, have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?" Erupting into laughter, the Joker then slapped his hand on my back, sending violent electrical shocks throughout my body, as I realized that device on his hand was the 'Joy Buzzer'.

As he removed his hand from my back, visible heat from the shock therapy could be seen, as the Joker picked up a large hose of some sort, and began to adjust some knobs.

"Well, it's time for the finale. This acid will be sure to reduce you to a cellular level. Wont be a body left to bury. If only I had a good punch line now, oh well, you cant have everything you know." With the end in sight, I forced my strength to return as I lunged up, no longer desiring to beat the information from him, as I plunged a fist deep into his gut. He dropped the hose and fell backwards, as I picked it up in his place, and turned it on him.

"It's a waste of time to get the information from you. I will just vaporize you with your own acid, and tear this place apart until I find the Batman. And then stop your plans around the city."

The Joker seemed to say nothing, but a smile crept across his face as I assumed he had just resigned himself to the fate. I was proven wrong, when one of his allies, had assaulted me from behind. As I collapsed from the blow, I recovered from one knee and stood up again, only to see that the Joker's savior was not one of his own henchman.

But the Batman.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:46 pm

Ralph the Rat-16 Yrs-Emerald Island, New Mobius

I could see the wind which she controlled as she asked new questions. The first one was a excellent question, nothing useless like what my favorite activity was or how old I am. I actually blinked in surprise when she asked how I intended to both protect the Master Emerald and explore the new universe. I stayed silent for a moment, not to consider an answer but to contemplate what had happened, and how exactly I would accomplish the task. But the answer was ready, if not simple.

"Aurora has tied my being to that of the Master Emerald. I cannot take it with me, but I can sense it's power. If it is threatened, harmed or destroyed. It is essentially a part of me, and me it. Also, there are few in this universe who know of it's power, let alone existence. Even among our own people, most believe it is only a legend. It is safe for now, hidden among these floating islands." I then took several steps back and faced the radiant emerald.

"But you are right, I wont be able to leave for long. In time, I will need to return to this place. I can never leave this island for long." My eyes closed as my tone dropped a little.

"That is my burden."

As I turned to face her once more, she shot forth another question. My appreciation for her curious nature dropped some when I realized I spoke too soon.

Asking me how old I was. Strange, the purpose of a question is to gather useful knowledge, why are such questions so common, when they serve no useful purpose? I shook my head and shrugged my shoulders as i admitted I was not entirely sure, but not very old.

"I dont know exactly. I never celebrated a birthday. Nor kept track of the years. But I am not very old, somewhere between sixteen or eighteen. Something like that. I never really cared to know myself."

As I approached the edge of the island, I used the link between myself, with the power of the Master Emerald to track Max. Possible only because he carries the essence of the Chaos Emeralds, and they are linked to the Master Emerald. This would allow me to warp near his relative location. Meaning the same world, as I am not so precise yet.

I then turned to Ashley.

"Tell me, do you want to come with me? I can answer more of your questions then. And you seem like the type to enjoy seeing new things."

August Carter/Ranger-13 Yrs-Devil's Den

As the red haired woman approached us, I quickly noticed she was pretty cute too. I mean, whats going on here? Why are all the women prettier than the ones I go to school with? However, as she spoke to Chorus, her tone seemed one more threatening. As she explained something about Chorus wanting her voice back, which I already knew. But then began to explain things like how our powers were limited here, and then insulted chorus by accusing that she may need to cheat to win.

As her new body guard, I could not let that slide. I stood up on my toes and stuck my chest out to make myself appear taller, but it did not help very much.

"HEY! Chorus does not need to cheat! She would not to that! She does all of her own shows and writes her own songs! She has far more talent than a girl like you!" I then crossed my arms in my attempt to act tough forgetting I was wearing a Robin hoodie which only added to my already childish appearance. Despite the fact the symbol was the design my mother used when she was robin.

They call me a mama's boy.

"Besides, I am her body guard. So, if you threaten her, you have to deal with me. And if this place limits our abilities, then we can take this...." I trailed off as I had no idea where to go. I just kinda woke up here. I then looked confused and turned to Chorus.

"Ummmm....where do we go?"

Sabrina El Carter/Star Girl-18 Yrs-Metropolis

It had only taken me about fifteen minutes to fly this girl from Siberia to my own bedroom. I had a theory to test, and I was pretty certain that it would work. Back in Russia, the girl came to life when I began to play music, but she freaked out as if she could not process any information. So, if it takes a 'input' of sorts to wake her up, she must have been receiving 'multiple inputs' being from the music and everything else around her. So, the solution was simple I thought as I opened up a drawer in my dresser and pulled out the specific tool I needed.

Headphones.

If music is what she needs, and anything else simply makes her confused. Then you make it to where all she can hear is music, and she should be fine. In my own theory. The house is empty, as my mom went away for a while, and dad is off....somewhere. And August is...well. The fact is that if something happens, she wont be able to harm my family, so I should be able to keep her under wraps.

I placed the headphones on her as I searched for my IPod, picking a certain song I liked, I started it up and locked my eyes on her just waiting to see if my plan would work, or if I would need to put her under again.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:08 pm

Daniel Carter/NightBlade-38 Yrs-Gotham City

The emergence of Batman seemed to solve one of my problems, but in this case, it also presented one. The caped crusader was now verified to be alive, but now he must be subdued in order to ensure his safety. As predicted, he has no intentions of letting me end the Mad Clown's life. "This battle is over." He tried in vain to convince me. But I could hear the weakness in his voice. I broke my fist loose from his and took a couple steps back. Moving myself into a combat position. "The two of us should be allies Batman. But you simply wont allow that, will you?" The Dark Knight pulled no punches, going straight in for several strong jabs, as he was now noticeably without his utility belt, and I was not going to use any weapons against him, so this was purely a hand to hand contest. I was not in prime condition myself, but in far better shape than him. So I deftly blocked the jabs as he delivered his retort.

"I dont ally with murderers." Then, as I grasped his wrist I verbally countered.

"Good, I have not killed anyone...yet."

As he broke away and threw a spinning kick, which knocked me back several feet despite blocking it. He quickly followed up.

"Then it's not too late, Daniel." I actually left myself open as he caught me off guard knowing my name.

"So, you know who I am?" He answered with a firm fist to the nose, spilling blood down my face as he hit me.

"Daniel Carter AKA Sentinel. Formerly wanted on charges for the murder of Deathstroke, charges dropped after Slade was confirmed alive. Former Batman of your own world, If the Bruce of that world was anything like myself, then he saw something in you. Why didn't you kill Slade when you found him alive? Why after already serving prison time did you not end him?" I then gave a answer of my own, throwing a side kick into his knee, dropping him on a single leg and then delivering a strike to his cheek.

"Because I had something to lose if I did. I had a family, a full family I wanted to see outside of a cage." I then towered over the fallen and weary hero. Whose fist then cut sharply into my chin with a devastating uppercut, sending my entire body flailing backward onto the pavement.

As I slammed down on the hard pavement, he picked himself up and walked over to me.

"You still, have much to lose if you go through with this Daniel. I learned about you, just days before I was captured." The blood began to rush to my head, as I forced myself up, and threw myself into a full tackle of the dark knight. Plowing into him, and sending blow after blow to his rib cage.

"That's too easy for you to say! You lost both of your parents! What do you have to lose?! A butler! A estranged son! His even more distanced mother!" The Batman's strength was failing him, what little he had left was just not enough, and as I lost my own cool, I hit him. Then I hit him again. And again. Before finally he slumped down in front of me, and I realized what I had done, as he spat blood in front of me. I then looked over to the crippled Joker, who was all too amused by this.

I then backed away from the Batman. Exhaling deeply.

"How much are you willing to sacrifice to save him?" I questioned. As his eyes looked weakly up. I felt my heart drop as he answered.

"Not to save him. Not tonight....to save you. From breaking her heart." At first I had no clue what he was saying, but as I heard a silent whimper. My eyes scanned behind me.

Mayla, who had just found me. Had both hands cupped over her mouth. Tears welling in her eyes. Her figure, shaking ever so slightly, as she choked, trying to keep the emotion in. Trying to grasp what she was seeing. Why her husband, who she had defended when the world cursed. Who she had stood beside when he was given the metaphorical sign of 'murderer' to wear.

To see me now, in my midnight black uniform, decorated in blood. With weapons obviously meant to take life. Eyes filled with a anger, but quickly shifting to regret. She could not say anything, but she never needed to. The hurt on her face was evident. To go through all of the pain, not just the recent troubles of the trial, imprisonment and losing our son. But our entire marriage, had been a strained one. She carried everyday, while I missed valuable time at all the birthdays, class meetings, re unions and game nights because of my work, or being out on patrol.

It was then that I heard the voice of a certain clown near me.

"Hey...you, NightFluke...weren't you going to kill me?" I then faced the mad clown, and stepped ever closer to him, bending down to pick up my sword once more. Mayla closed her eyes, unable to watch what I was about to do. The person I was about to become.

Now standing over him, as a executioner. I held the sword out, and as a smile crept across his face. I flipped the blade around, as I slammed the hilt of the weapon into his temple. Knocking him out immediately.

"It's over." I said, as I backed away from the knocked out, but alive body of the Joker. "NightBlade...is done." Batman did not smile, but I could tell he was relieved. As I walked back over to him, I knew he could not finish the fight in Gotham in his condition. Someone would need to do so in his place until he could recover.

"It is over, I wont be able to trust myself on patrol, knowing how far I am willing to go. But one more night for the Sentinel. One more battle, to bring one more city back up from the ruins. After this, I will find a new way for Sentinel to help this world." As Mayla opened her eyes, she slowly began to walk closer to me. Still staying silent, but her speed picking up until it was a run when I caught her in my arms.

She now saw that her sacrifices for me, were not in vain. That I was still the man she married, rather than a corrupted copy. As the two of us helped Batman back up, I passed one more look at Batman, as I now fully understood why he never brought himself to kill the Joker.

For one, it would be just too damn easy. To kill anyone he believed of harming his city. Too easy to fall ever further down a self destructive path. But more than that. As far gone as the Joker is, as much pain as he has brought.

He is still a part of Gotham. Just like Poison Ivy. Two-Face and Mr. Freeze. Batman does not just fight to save some of Gotham.

But he fights to save, all of it.

And now soon I will need to find a new way to do the same thing.

For the world.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:13 pm

Ralph the Rat-16 Yrs-Central City, Earth

Passing through the portal, leaving our new world and the Master Emerald behind, I arrived in a city which was a lot like Station Square on Mobius. There were tall and large skyscrapers around us, streets of grey pavement and vehicles of various colors and sizes speeding and stopping up and down the streets. The Sun's heat was reflected off of the hot pavement as we stepped around a couple small groups of humans who had turned and gave us a more than strange look. Eyeing us as if we were an abnormal sight on their world. As if they have not seen sentient rats and hedgehogs before. I looked to my left, seeing a four way intersection which appeared to be a shopping center. I am sure that Ashley would not mind heading in that direction. And then I glanced to my right. A wide avenue where it lead to the outskirts of the city, as per the street signs revealed.

The problem was, I had no idea where I was. Apart from being on a planet or world somewhere near Max. As the portal would have brought us our somewhere near him. 'Near' is a term used very loosely here.

That being said, I have no real sense of direction to follow. We could either attempt to leave immediately. Or spend some time to get our bearings. I contemplated the question for a moment, leaving Ashley in a awkward silence for a moment. Before I opened my eyes and began to walk ahead of her in the direction of the shopping center. Even without currency for this civilization, we can look around and see exactly where we are. That would be wise.

"I imagine you would like to take a look around here. Lets see if we cannot find out where we are Ashley."

August Carter-13 Yrs-Gotham City

This woman....I could not believe her. I mean, who would want to fight Chorus? Well, to be fair, it seems as if Chorus wants to return the favor. I cannot blame her though, I mean...this lady in the hoodie is acting like such a....that 'B' word I am not allowed to say. Although Sabrina says it pretty often, just not within earshot of our parents. Following Chorus' lead, I was led out of the club along with the others and we exited some type of Portal and ended up in Gotham.

They mentioned we could not fight inside of Devil's Den, and so when we left, that strange hoodie girl led us all to a series of alley ways and eventually inside a large and empty storage building. She then turned to both me and Chorus.

"We can settle the score here if you like. No holds barred, just what any girl could want. So, what will it be? Will I be crushing your wind pipes or stepping on a little boys dreams first?" My face began to turn santa claus red with anger. I responded by turning to Chorus.

"I am your body guard, but...." I tried to explain the situation to her. "Mommy and daddy say I cannot hit a girl though." I for a instant, sounded disappointed, before I thrust a finger into her direction in a threatening manner as I yelled.

"But SHE does not count!" I growled as my eyes squinted off in her direction waiting for the fight or battle or whatever we call it to begin.

Sabrina Carter-18 Yrs-Xavier's Institute

the girl I had found was now lying on a table in front of the legendary Professor Xavier. As he looked her over, as if contemplating, trying to remember something from a distant past. But we both knew that he recognized her. What he was thinking about was if she would recognize him. He...contacted, me after he sensed her awaken in Metropolis. And while I had a good mind to drop her from the top of the Daily Planet after her little outburst, I relented and brought her here. After all, trying to be reasonable, waking up after what could have been years would be hard to absorb. As he went about his work, attempting to restore her own memories which for some reason, was proving a challenge even for him. And that, astonished me. He then obviously read my own thoughts, or I assumed he did, but he revealed that my facial expression was more than enough to deduce my inner feelings for his...guest.

"You dont like her much...do you?"

"You read my mind?" I asked passively.

"Of course not. The scowl is more than enough to get a reading." I gave a deep exhale and shrugged my shoulders.

"Just a rough start I suppose. She nearly split Siberia and when I finally get her conscience and not screaming, she insults me and calls me a idiot. You can say we dont exactly see eye to eye." He then leaned back in his chair, seemingly finished.

"Well, it was a big risk." I had to defend myself, despite knowing he was right.

"I knew what I was doing. So, is she...OK?" I was going to say normal but then realized the word did not really apply to her, or Xavier...or me for that matter.

"She is medically fine. But her memories are...complicated. When she wakes up, she may remember her time with the X-Men, but even back then, she had no real idea of who she was. I am curious though, what was your back up plan in case she reacted as she did in Siberia?"

I took a step back as I crossed my arms and shifted my weight to one hip as if to defend myself.

"Put her back to sleep....roughly." But I then tried to dance around the issue verbally. "But I had gathered enough clues in Siberia to make...what I believed, was a safe assumption on how to wake her up safely. You know the blanks so we can leave it there. What is your plan to get her up?" I asked, deflecting by changing the subject.

"Well, she responds to music. So, as you did, I will supply her with a personal headset, but I will use telekinetic barriers to block her other senses. Ensure that she does not get bombarded with too much sensory information, and only has the music. It is a very curious ability, without music she is in suspended animation, but with it, she needs to be careful not to receive any other types of'input' so to speak. So, starting her off slowly with only the music, and my own voice to focus on. She will only sense what I want her to, for now at least." As the Professor began his procedure, I stood in the back of the room, keeping a minimal distance from the girl who was about to wake up.

Although if it was for her own protection or mine, I was not sure yet. As I awaited to see what the third wake up call would turn out like.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:19 pm

Daniel Carter/Sentinel-38 Yrs-Metropolis

We had left Gotham behind, as news flooded in that the Avengers and Justice League had relieved the city alongside Batgirl, and I had temporarily left Mia behind for now. Informing her that I would still train her at her leisure, but she would need to come and see me. As I would not be in the field for a while yet. No, there are matters that must be attended to. As I have forgotten that no matter how capable I may be, I am just one man. As we re entered our own apartment, Mayla had been rather silent for the duration of the trip here. It's not like her, she is almost always hopeful, and normally the one picking me up and dusting me off. As I was about to go retrieve a tool which would help me spread a new light across the Earth, my mind flashed back to Gotham, to that Red Ring which blazed past me. I knew what it was, as I have experience with such Rings, Daud at one time had a red ring back in our world. But my thoughts was interrupted as Mayla lightly grabbed my hand, and guided me to a sitting position. Signalling she needed to speak. Sitting down, I never like it when she behaves this way.

What bothered me more, is that she could hardly look me in the eyes. My mind began to race to find a reason as to her behavior, but she did not let me wonder long.

"August, is alive." The message was simple, but so heavy. At first, I seemed to have no response, as I was absorbing the announcement. But as I began to smile, as a father who had his child returned to him, I saw that Mayla, was not smiling, in fact she seemed distressed. I placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Thats..thats great...is there something else?" I had picked up, that there must have been more to it. I myself, had come back from death, so I did not take this news with any grain of salt. But then a tear fled from her eye, and I already knew, that my own heart would begin to break. Her eyes slowly gazed into mine as she muttered.

"I...made a deal. August, is alive but...I can never see...him. That was the cost..." My heart sunk, my hopes for a restored family, were shattered. I may now be able to have my son back, along with my wife, and daughter. But if Mayla could not possess the same...it...would never be the same.

I pulled her in close, as a moment of celebration was stolen from us. Her tearful eyes upon my chest as I wrapped her up. For an instant, I wanted to tell her that she should not have made such a decision without me, but I held my tongue. Because, it was me, who was wrong. She gave me my own son back, at the cost of the unbearable.

And I was not there. I never was. I am just a man, and cannot wave away the hands of time to fix the past.

But I can be here now.

And one day...I will restore what she lost.

But for now, I must ensure that I am never too far away from her, or my family. That I can continue to help this world, without placing myself to far away.

After mourning with Mayla, she eventually fell asleep on my lap. Sprawled across me, still in my armor. I looked down upon her. The strongest woman I have ever known. Bearing the weight of everything on her shoulders. Never asking for help, or complaining. But now, we have both learned what could break her back. A mother, cannot lose a child. Should never have to, and to do so when saving his life.

It's just...wrong.

I gently lifted her, so that I could remove myself from the sofa in our apartment living room. And placed her upon it so that she could continue her own sleep. My own eyes were heavy, and my wounds only making their urge to close more powerful. But I fought back and resisted, as I traveled into our master bedroom, and retrieved a small bronze ring, one which had a innate glow and a symbol etched into it's front. To be the first step in building my new life. One where I can still protect this world, but simply in a new way.

Placing the Ring upon my finger, I clenched my hand as I contemplated the new lesson I learned in Gotham. This world still needs healing. But it no longer requires me to sacrifice my own body for it. As there are others in their prime, who are rapidly reaching their own potential to surpass me, in that regard.

No, it needs my resources and my will. With those, I can still protect this planet. The ring's glow began to slowly grow brighter, and old memories began to rush back to me. Of my short lived, Bronze Lantern Corp. I will ensure that the Bronze Light shines again, and with it, new bearers for the future of our world, it is time I passed the torch.

Closing my eyes in focus, another ring, formed itself in the bronze light of my own. And then another, and another. When it was done, ten new rings began to orbit around my hand, and with a thought, raced out of my home. As I refounded the Lantern Corp, sending the starting rings to choose new bearers.

"Where Knowledge lacks, and Reason Rare
When Logic's void, We'll bring it there
To Void Ignorance, in Day and Night,
Through power Bronze, The Truth we Light!"

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:34 am

Ralph the Rat-16 Yrs-Central City

Ashley was a clear contrast to myself, as she was obviously excited to be here, and seemed to relish the idea of riding the air, I was my usual stoic demeanor. Moving casually alongside her as we approached a large clothes department in a Shopping Mall Parking lot. We did not plan to actually buy anything, or at least I did not. I ignored the glances we kept receiving as we entered the department. None of the clothes, except for maybe those in the kids section were tailored to fit us, and even then our frames were different than that of a average human child. So, that was yet another obstacle in the rather dull sight seeing mission.

Back on Mobius, we had our own stores run by Mobians for our own needs, as humans overlanders simply have different diets, fashions ect. It was then that Ashley piped up, and asked a question. One I felt was obvious, but I answered regardless.

"Yes, this is a different world. It seems humans are the dominant race here. It would make sense, Max is human. Although he seems more..." I paused as I searched for the word to describe his abilities, and these humans lack thereof. "Unique." I finally settled on.

It was then, as I was about to approach a cashier, and inquire about where we were at. A strangely dressed man in blue winter clothing approached instead and pulled a strange weapon, introducing himself as Captain Cold, and demanding the Jewelry from the small stand. The woman froze up, no pun intended as I stopped several paces behind him, as he seemed to not notice the standing 3 foot rat behind him.

I looked over at Ashley, with a look that asked Do you want to get involved? Although I knew she would, and so I began to focus telekinetic energy in my right palm as I waited for her to react.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:10 pm

Daniel Carter-38 Yrs-Wherever Eldara is

Pyrade wrote:Eldara

A day had passed before I was notified that the first ring had claimed a recruit for the new and resurgent Bronze Lantern Corps. Mayla had just returned home and the two of us had been staying rather close since last night. As she entered the home carrying two large brown paper bags filled with groceries, I stood up and retrieved one from her, and set it upon the counter top. "I will be leaving for a short while, the first ring has found a suitable bearer. I will be home for supper." She muttered a 'ok' and gave a weak smile, but I could see that she doubted my promise. To reassure her, I gently lifted her chin up and kissed her on the cheek. "You will hardly notice." The display had the desired affect, as she seemed to brighten up. "Dont leave me waiting now." She requested, as I placed a Bronze Ring upon my finger. As the glow overtook me and a new uniform appeared decorating my body. One which I had not worn for years. Using the power of the ring to take flight, and to locate and track the newest recruit, I began to sail through the skies in search of the chosen individual.

The individual was not hard to find. There was a android, with Auburn hair and a bronze uniform, which was watching the news from a television in a electronics store. Seems the ring took the logic aspect rather literally, finding a machine rather than an organic to bear it's power. Regardless of that choice, she would do just fine. I was only here to explain the situation to her, there was not really much of a rule book to come with the ring.

I hovered above the new recruit in question, as I slowly lowered myself down to her level. The two rings could be seen responding to each other, their charge growing more powerful the closer we were in proximity. As I finally touched down, several feet away from her I needlessly announced myself, as she had obviously detected me by now.

"Enjoying the new look?" I asked, in a casual opening. Before moving on to more pressing business of actually explaining what she had. I motioned with my hands and took a couple steps toward her.

"What you have is a Bronze Lantern ring, and you...are the first member recruited to the Bronze Lantern Corps. A Corp that once was created to keep peace in my old world. But that is another story, what is important, is that I have recreated that same corp to defend this universe." I then pointed a finger at her ring, as I began to explain its capabilities and functions.

"The ring's power is fueled by your state of mind. The clearer your mind, and ability to use reason. The more powerful your constructs. That being said, powerful emotions that can cloud judgement, will weaken your ring. Such as love, rage, greed, fear or hope. If you become so blinded by emotion, the risks include losing all function, or being abandoned by the ring entirely. The ring, is based off of a Oan design, but is not actually crafted by the Guadians. Where it came from, is not important. But with it, you can create anything you can imagine. Flight, language translators, invisibility and more are all in your command with the ring." I then moved on to the more interesting parts.

"Logic is a force that holds great power. However, it is hard to maintain. Keeping rational, and a clear mind in many of the situations you will find yourself in, will not be easy. Therefore it is hard to maintain control. The power of Logic will stave off Fear, and you can even allow a feral Red Lantern to think logically in close proximity. However, Hope, is a emotion that deny's logic and is far more contagious. So, your ring will weaken around Blue Lantern Rings." I then took a step backwards, as I finished the small briefing.

"Also, you have no superior in the Bronze Lantern Corps, meaning you answer to no one. Because as a user of Logic, you should always be capable of dictating your own path, who needs help, how to act and who to fight and why. You will not answer to me. That being said, Logic is not a strictly positive force. It can like most tools, be abused. You could use the ring to your own gain, or oppress others with logical intentions. Each ring is a trust, that you will show good judgement. I give you warning now, that if you should ever betray the trust, I be there to correct you. Just because you do not answer to me, does not free you from your own actions." I then, only after I had fully detailed what she needed to know, introduce myself.

"My name, is Daniel Carter. There was a time when I would have never told you my name, instead giving a public hero title. But I am...largely retired. So, may I ask who it is I am entrusting the power bronze to?" I asked, tilting my head as I observed the android. Wondering exactly how much like a machine this being thought, or if she had more in common with a human woman.

Well, I was about to find out.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:19 am

Daniel Carter-38 Yrs-Metropolis

As I had returned home, my mind traced itself back to the meeting I had with Eldara. The android, which had surprised me. Perhaps she was the right choice for the first Bronze Lantern. She was correct, material gain is not in the nature of a machine, even one to simulate human emotions, and as a general rule, they are normally quite rational. And with so many androids around the universe these days, perhaps organic members like me will be obsolete. Entering my home again, I was greeted by the sight of Mayla bringing food for two to the table. It worried me, as I had not heard from Sabrina in a while, and August while we know is alive we still have not located him personally. And even if we had, Mayla could not interact with him, as if he was Casper. Mayla seemed to register my concerns, and then layed them to rest. As she placed a plate of sweet potato, country ham and green beans with corn bread on the table. She brushed some of her hair behind her shoulder and turned to me.

"I just received a call from Sabrina a few minutes ago, she was at Xavier's school but is now heading to New York. She mentioned joining a team up there, called the Justice Queens? Said she would be away for a while." Her tone was rather quiet. As she then moved on to August.

"And...about an hour ago, I picked up August's ki signature. It's not something I would forget. He is in Gotham, and with the Justice League and Avengers appearing there, as well as Batman reappearing. He should be fine, his ki is strong, so he is healthy. That is all I know." She left out the part that it is all she could know. As I sat down, She took a seat across from me.

As we tried so hard to take a moment when we could.

"Mother's intuition huh? That is a super power in itself." The joke was stupid, and I knew it. But it had the desired affect.

"Well, if you ask really nicely I will give you my intuition on who is winning the big game tomorrow night." We were not eating for very long however, when the living room television began revealing a story of a man by the name of Craig Thomsen, who I recalled from some various news sources that he was missing and presumed dead for at least several months, but by his own account, was instead taken hostage by the government.

A look of severe disappointment crossed Mayla's face. As she was touched by the story as well as anyone else, but knew what it meant for us. She pushed her chair back from the table a few inches and began to pick up her half eaten plate.

Marching them to the dish sink, she began to rinse them as she spoke to me with her back turned.
"So...when can I expect you back?" She asked. Giving her own answers to the question.

"Tomorrow...next week...next year?" I rose from my seated position as well, as I supplied her the answer.

"Round the same time you get back I suppose." I stated, as I crossed the room and began to equip my old armor. And with the Bronze Lantern ring on my right hand, the entire uniform took on a new glow. As I turned around, Mayla had a feint smile, as she understood what I was implying.

"Well, if only I still had uniform to wear for this trip." I then began to suggest her old Robin one, which she immediately disregarded.

"You mean the one that is now two sizes too small and far more appropriate for a single teen hero trying to get the attention of her partner than a attentive mother?" I then shrugged.

"It has a utility belt-" Her cross stare and folded arms stopped me.

"No Daniel." She seemed content to leave to Virginia in her everyday clothes. As we both took flight I grudgingly mumbled under my breath.

"...no fun."

"What was that?"

"Nothing honey." She gave a crackle of laughter.

"I thought so."

As Chorus punched this...not girl in the face, I was somewhat taken by surprise. As I attempted to catch up with the events. Before realizing a very important fact. I am the bodyguard here! With that I decided rather than steal the show from Chorus, I would instead cooperate with her, after all, me and my dad had practiced coordinated fighting for when working with a partner a couple years ago. While Chorus slugged the girl across the face, I attempted to use a speed blitz and attack her exposed back. As I positioned myself several yards behind her, I did what I normally dont do, I threw a ki blast of moderate power at her, its not that I dislike ki combat, I just prefer to use it to enhance my own physical qualities rather than as attacks of themselves. It's just easier that way, of course mom says that better ki control comes in time.

The attack, did not have the desired outcome. Janice seemed to effortlessly disrupt the attack on some basic level, making it ineffective. Her arrogant smirk then found it's way to me.

"You really are a slow learner are ya brat? Energy attacks cannot hurt me, now, next lesson." She then used my own tactic against me, using speed to catch me off guard and slam her knee into my chin, as my smaller frame did not really require her to lift her leg very high. And I was sent careening into a brick wall, honestly doing a lot more damage to it than me, but the display was a learning experience.

Picking myself up I rubbed my chin.

"Lessons? Hey, I study hard in school! My mom really did not give me a choice..." I mumbled, as I took to the air, flying just over her head. As I adopted a new tactic. I began to assault her with punches and kicks, but from a aerial position. Giving me the height advantage, and allowing me far greater freedom to avoid her counter strikes.

It is a tactic my father taught me for dealing with larger and stronger enemies. Fight them while flying, and they will have to strike upward, weakening their blows and opening their lower sides to counter strikes. This also works ideally with a partner, because it is next to impossible to defend against attack from above and below at the same time.

Keeping my attacks fast and brief, instead of aiming for real damage, I aimed for simply keeping Janice occupied, so that Chorus can take advantage of the openings

Sabrina Carter/Star Girl-18 Yrs-New York City

New York, I recall fighting Carnage in my world's version of this city. But this is the first time I have entered the streets of this world's version. And this is not only the home of the Amazing Spider Man, but of the Justice Queens. For names...I heard better. But it does tell me it is a hero team open to only women, and I am qualified in that respect. Plus, I need something to focus on. My mind traced back to that girl, Rin I recall her name was. She was a member of the x-Men, and despite our...differences I could respect that. I myself can somewhat relate, she cannot remember who she is. And while I have long ago come to peace with being the genetic copy of a legendary hero, I have yet to find a place where I truly belong. My family is great, but it's hard not to feel isolated between my adoptive father normally being absent, and the adopted child rather than like August, who is theirs by blood.

Its not that I feel like they love him more than me. I know better than that, but feeling different just comes natural to me.

As I walked the streets of New York, I was hoping that the Justice Queens will finally be a place where I can stop feeling different. And start feeling like...me. If that makes any sense at all.

I sighed deeply, of course it doesn't.

My eyes then scanned the environment. New York was just as vibrant as it always was, and it did not take long to locate the HQ for the Justice Queens. I was actually somewhat impressed by the set up, but not being here for sight seeing, I simply approached the front entrance, and 'knocked' and with the strength of a Kryptonian, the knocking could be heard throughout the base.

I was not even sure anyone was here, but if the place was empty, I would know soon enough.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:29 pm

Daniel Carter/Bronze Sentinel-38 Yrs-Northern Virginia

The sight of the man called Craig, was just as bad as he appeared on television. Worse even, seeing this in person. The man was probably in his early to mid twenties. However, getting a read on his age was difficult in his condition. As I stood ahead of him, Mayla had turned white. Seeing just how bad things were, and having been retired for some time, she was no longer used to seeing such sights. I removed my helmet, allowing the man to see who he was speaking to, but the armor stayed on, and continued to be decorated in the bronze glow. Here, at the seat of his company, I could see that his company was obviously pleased to have him back, but I was surprised he returned here at all. The location of this place is public knowledge, and it wont be long at all, especially after that address, that they come to break his walls down. I suppose after being trapped so long in the dark, a man would want to return to where it is familiar. I then took a seat in front of him, as Mayla followed my lead in the chair to the immediate left of my own.

"My name is Daniel Carter and this is my wife Mayla, for a time my name and face have been public knowledge in this world, although that is not important." I leaned forward and closer to him as I proceeded to the part that was important.

"Your...address. You have done the right thing, but there will be fallout. A civil war, if you will. I am not originally from your own Earth, but there was a event similar to this in my own world. I will spare you the details, but I was at the center of that conflict, and it engulfed the globe, just as this one seems destined to do here." Mayla could see that my mind flashed back to the events that triggered that conflict.

The break up of Infinite Justice.

The formation of the Ultra Corps.

The genocide of a species...

The memories was reflected in my eyes, as they flashed in front of me. But, awakening from the past. I moved on to why I was here.
"Craig Thomsen, the causes are indeed different. The government's fears are...understandable..." But then if my eyes showed anything, they showed a determination.

"But they have sacrificed too much."

I then stood up, and took a final look around Craig's company, seeing the inventions. The public works, of a good man trying to save his world. The best way he knows how. And I replaced my helmet upon my own visage and spoke to him through it.

"I may not be at the center of this storm, that is where you stand. But I came here to make sure you know. That you have been heard...and we..." I said as I took my wife's hand in my own armored glove.

"Will be right where we should be. And that is between you...the metas and mutants of this world, and all who would seek to abuse them in the name of security." As my voice lowered, I knew that the world would need this man, Craig Thomsen healthy if it is going to make it through this storm.

"You can count on us."

The door opened, revealing the form of a african woman, about 24 or possibly 26. She had a very earth tone color scheme to her clothes and sounded friendly enough, offering a hand to shake. I paused a moment, and then finally shook hands with her in greeting. I actually giggled just barely when she mentioned the strong knock. "Yeah, about that. Kryptonian, strength kinda comes naturally." I explained, as she told me her name was Valancy Stirling, asking what she could do for me. I knew the answer, as I was here to join the team, but for some reason I needed to search for the words. "I well...heard about the Justice Queens here in New York and thought I would throw my name in the roster. Assuming you could use another heavy hitter, otherwise, I can keep looking."

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:40 pm

I listened as the man began to recite his mother's nursery rhyme. I listened to the verse, as it described our situation in detail. As he finished, the weaving words made me think of my own mother. Who in many ways, was the one who inspired my path that led to the figure I am now. After he finished his verse, I could not help to think that his mother sounded like a very wise woman. Craig then began to speak about how we would have to move from here. As she explained his situation, a set of armor, like the which I had never seen, wrapped itself around him. I could only describe the armor as being alive itself, as it seemed to share some sort of link to it's host. Far more advanced than my own Sentinel armor. As if comparing a cave man's spear to a F-22 Raptor. He told me of how he had heard about me, that I was supposed to be the best. A close quarters fighter with no equal. I myself rose from my seated position at this, and accepted his offer.

"If you can physically withstand the instruction, taking into account your current condition. I will show you what I know. Of course, with the limited time in our possession, I am afraid I wont be able to completely prepare you." It was then that Mayla stepped forward, telling Craig that he was right.

"This world has enough men trying to change it and protect it with bombs and weapons systems. It needed a man who would stand up and say that they were wrong. To be strong enough to tell humanity that another weapons system would not make them safer. That they needed a way to combat hunger, drought, disease and conflict. A world as corrupted as ours, does not need the war machines of reasonable men, but the dreams of an idealist. I met such a man..." Her own eyes then passed over me. And then back to Craig as she gently placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "So trust me when I say, I can recognize another."

I did not show it on my face, but Mayla never ceased to amaze me.

Craig then mentioned he needed time to prepare. I took that as my own invitation to leave, and make sure that the evacuation of his company went smoothly. As both me and Mayla left the room, I turned to her and discussed our roles in the evacuation.

"Mayla, you should organize the effort to get these men and women out of here. I will position myself above and keep a watch for any potential strike. If I need you, you can simply use instant transmission to reach me." I then leaned in closer, stealing a kiss before we went about our roles in this Civil War. As Mayla then left me to direct the evacuation, and I used the power of the Lantern Ring to fly above the scene, and see for miles out in all directions.

Watching over the effort as a guardian.

"Yeah, not many have a grip like a being from Krypton." The fact that I was actually never from Krypton, and a clone of another being was left unsaid. Leading me inside, I saw two women making out on the couch, where I gave a very slight and brief surprised look, not expecting that to be the first sight that I saw. Valancy introduced me, and I stated my name for the record once more. "Sorry to walk in like this. Star Girl, I suppose is the name y'all are looking for?" I quizzed, using the obvious southern accent that I picked up from my father. Of course, it did not take me long before the news caught my attention, and a rather attractive anchor woman announced that soon a statement would be released in Washington DC about the new registration act, and that they would be providing news as it came in. It was the first I head about it and I pointed it out to the rest.

"So, does anyone else know anything about registering up as a hero? I am assuming that their jurisdiction would include this little group as well." I said, with the obvious. Wondering if anyone here had an opinion on the current events.

The fact that the woman seemed to be smiling...creeped me out. She seemed to be able to defend and counter despite the two pronged strategy. As even as Chorus slammed into her, she maneuvered mid air and went right back on the attack. Using drum sticks as weapons, I started to wonder if all of Chorus' enemies used musical instruments as weapons, and a conspiracy theory that they were all just less skilled pop stars who could not get the fame Chorus had, so they resort to trying to kill her. Actually made sense to my child like mind. But my own block was not fast enough, and what I assumed were simple drum sticks, slammed into me, with a bone creaking pain that sent be flying through a wall.

Coughing among the bricks and dust, I picked myself up, and climbed my way out of the rubble, embarrassed by how that must have looked to Chorus, her bodyguard being sent reeling so easily. But a strange sight occurred when both Chorus and Janice seemed much...shorter...than I remember. I ignored the feeling and once more charged at Janice, this time moving at a speed far greater than the last time and throwing a wall shattering punch in her direction, as I noticed that my fist, was now covered in a red gauntlet. Revealing the armor I seemed to be wearing when I 'woke up' and the fact that they were not shorter, I was in fact taller.

As Janice seemed to had accidently pushed me back into my....older August mode? Never mind, I will think of a cool name for it after I defeat Janice and impress Chorus I thought as my mind returned to the battle at hand.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:42 pm

The landscape was busy, traffic could be seen in the distance, as the nearest city was in sight, but the land around Thomsen Tech was rather open, with light foliage, making the institution the center of the landscape. It also meant that we were far enough away from the main population center should a battle occur, the battle would be in sight of the city, as we are on the outskirts, but it would not be in the city. There was a very long road which was flanked on both sides by large oak trees which provided shade on the road, which served as a driveway for Thomsen Tech. It was the only paved road leading to Thomsen Tech, so I set my gaze in that direction. Being the most obvious approach for an advance, I was not surprised when a large convoy of military vehicles began to make their own way onto the road, and steadily get ever closer to Thomsen Tech. I lowered myself to the pavement in front of them, blocking the path to the building, the column came to a quick and ordered halt, as the soldiers began to disembark and fan out around me, each weapon aimed at me in unison. I counted...three hundred, all in. But there was one figure who commanded my attention, their commander.

A man not dressed in military dress or a government suit. A seemingly older man, tall and thin but also muscular. With wise and noble facial features, there was no other way to describe it really. His attire was a red, white and blue themed costume which seemed to fit on a war bonds stage in the 40s. The man, was Uncle Sam. Captain America gets most of the cameras as America's first avenger. But this man, is the literal personification of the nation, hard to beat that Cap. His long sleeves were crossed neatly against his chest, as he with a even and fair voice ordered the soldiers to hold their fire.

"We can settle this reasonably men. Lower your weapons." As the soldiers received the order, the weapons began to lower one by one, but each one was still obviously alert and ready for the situation to change. The icon then gazed at me and fell silent a moment. Before he finally spoke.

"I was informed about you. Sentinel, a newcomer to our world and a immigrant to our realities version of America. This is not the best way to build a life in this land. You have committed no crime as of yet, the charges of murder were dropped when Deathstroke was revealed to be alive. You have a home in Metropolis. A wife, and two children Daniel. If you simply register, you can continue your new life as a hero immediately. Doing the same good you have been doing until now? Lets not risk your good standing for a simple misunderstanding, as good of a lawyer Jennifer Walters is, I doubt she will be able to help you should you resist." I allowed a moment to pass, before answering with a question, I already knew the answer to.

"What about Craig Thomsen, Etla and his staff?"

The brow on Sam's face furrowed slightly. "Craig is a fugitive from the United States Government, Etla a accomplice, and the staff will be allowed to return to work as they have been, with a few exceptions perhaps. Tell me, you turned yourself in back in Gotham when you believed you murdered Deathstroke. Why not do so and register now? You dont even face punishment." The question seemed rooted in a genuine desire to know. So I answered simply.

"It was necessary. What I knew at the time led me to believe I willfully stole the life of another man. I knew the punishment and crime and knew that I needed to be tried for that crime."

Uncle Sam then retorted quickly. "And this is different how? Registration is the law, and you are very close to defying and breaking it. This is no different than needing a driver's license to operate a vehicle. When a man can shatter mountains with his fist and a woman can move cities with her mind, it is only natural for a registration to be required."

I then issued my counter. "Except for the torturing citizens part, and the brainwashing of arguably Earth's most powerful hero. To be honest, I am not the idealistic young man I used to be, if it was only the matter of this law. I promise you would have my cooperation, but with the precedents set by your...our government. I am sorry Sam, I cannot abide." the man then sighed passively.

"So, you admit you will not comply with the registration? My friend, I am afraid such is punishable by force." Sam warned, rolling his sleeves up as he prepared to physically enforce the decree. My Bronze Ring began to shine in response, it's glare blinding some of the soldiers nearest me for several moments.

"Then consider this civil disobedience." I stated, as I sent a blast of energy hurling at Uncle Sam as our clash for the future began.

Mayla Carter-34 Yrs-Northern Virginia

Overseeing the evacuation, which would largely take place in underground tunnels and passage ways for the employees, had the advantage of keeping me busy so I did not have to think about the potential danger I was in. As many of the employees filed out, others began to take apart and remove machines that the government could later use when they moved into the building. I was wholly unaware of what was going on until a young woman jogged up to me breathing heavily. "Mam...t..there are..." I placed a hand on her shoulder to calm her down. "Calm down, collect yourself and tell me what you need to say." She then took a couple more moments before standing straight and speaking.

"Your husband is fighting Uncle Sam, and there are several hundred soldiers around the perimeter. But they seemed focused on providing back up for Sentinel." I wanted to rush out and help my husband, but I knew he could handle himself, thinking back to our own civil war, he faced far worse odds defending our base in Brazil against a similar attack. And he is far more powerful now. I assured the woman she had done well in letting me know, and told her to escape while she still could.

I need to find Craig and Etla so we can get out of here. Craig must have a plan.

Ducking and weaving through the battle, I quickly found Etla and Craig. I then warned them of the incoming danger.

"Daniel is fighting Uncle Sam outside, we should get out of here. Me and Etla can handle any soldiers we find on the way out." I then turned to Craig. "So, do you have a plan for where we are going?"
Last edited by The Rebel Alliances on Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:34 pm

Ralph the Rat-16 Yrs-Central City

This would not be much of a challenge, as Ashley swept the Captain Cold off of his feet, I trapped him in a prison of Telekinetic energy. I held him in that prison until my mind got distracted by a tv screen which was showing a news channel that described a registration act was recently passed for heroes. It made little matter to me, as I am not from this world, but I guessed that Max could likely be found here. I was about to suggest to Ashley that we go and search at a registration center for Max, or any other interesting heroes here. But my mind's connection to the prison I formed weakened as I grew deeper into thought. Seeing his chance, Captain Cold used his weapon and blasted through the weakened field. In the shock of the event, I stumbled back as Captain Cold let loose another blast at me, which hit my left arm, the entire limb went numb as I fell to the ground, Captain cold used the diversion to make his escape. Shoveling several people down he bolted to an exit. In a grimace of pain I shot a gaze over at Ashley and ordered her to pursue Captain Cold. "I will be fine! I will catch up with you in a bit, let me deal with this arm first!"

Looking over the injury the ice covered the entirety of my left arm, and I could feel the pain go numb as the blood began to slow down. The injury was certainly slowing me down. And I needed to get up and find Ashley immediately, so that she does not panic. I underestimated the ice guy, and the cost will have to be payed. Pulling myself to my feet, I dragged myself to a wall, and without stopping to brace myself, threw my arm against the hard brick, shattering the ice...and the arm.

Howling in pain I clutched my shoulder where my left arm used to be. But I knew I needed it little regardless. The frightened crowds pointed in the direction the fugitive went, and I followed, moving at a slower pace of course. But using my telekinesis to track Ashely, I was able to catch up in a few minutes. As I found her, I tried to put any concerns she may have over my health to rest. Although I probably did it very badly.

"Its not as bad as it looks..."

Sabrina Carter/Star girl-18 Yrs-New York City

Things...went pretty fast. But the most important thing was what this girl...Kylie said? She seemed to like attention, but she was on the right course. Most around the world, my own family are likely getting dragged in on one side or another. If I know anything about my father, he is likely fighting for the anti registration forces right now. Part of me wanted to say that we should join the anti heroes. But I knew that was my father in me talking, and I am not my father. Although, registering, and being used as a weapon to bring down those who do not does not seem like a train I would like to board either.

This...Lady Lantern...was right.

The best...no, the right course, at least for now was to help contain the destruction caused by both sides.

"Um, I know I am new here. And no one really knows me. But I agree with Lady Lantern. Our actions speak for our allegiance, and our allegiance is to the people of this city...no, the world. I may not know all of you, but I have traditionally not worked well in teams. This is different, we can show the world that there is another way. Sounds dumb, but I feel like it is something a certain hero might say."

The unspecified hero, was my father. Despite our differences, I have always looked up to him. I mean I can lift the largest ship with ease and breathe in space. But my father, a human. Weak by all biological comparisons, has no equal that I have ever seen. A look of a fierce determination crossed my face, as I stole a line from his own words.

"A hero, is never any taller than when they stoop to help those in need." It was cheesy, but daddy is a cheesy guy.

"Lets show everyone how tall we can be." I finally closed, as my hearing caught the sounds of explosions and struggle in the city. A battle was raging and I knew a response would be needed.

"Does anyone else hear what sounds like a invasion going down in Manhattan?"

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:59 am

The blast hit Uncle Sam square in the chest, and apart from knocking him back just slightly, he seem unaffected. The soldiers, for the moment spent their time locking me in their sights, it seems they are content to let Uncle Sam have his try at me before they interfere. And they cannot break into the facility anyways, due to the shields around it. Uncle Sam then gave a burst of speed and charged me, throwing powerful punches, each one blasting like a cannon from a ship, but they resembled strikes from a brawler rather than a hand to hand master. The moves were wide, and predictable, I weaved in and out of attacks, and empowered my own strikes with the lantern ring which made my normally human blows easily rival his own. My goal is not to crush the Spirit of Liberty, but to delay him. I encased my right fist in deep bronze light, as I threw a harsh upper cut into the man, which sent him staggering back. As he recovered, and wiped the place where I had hit with the back of his hand, he saw straight through me.

"You are holding back. You dont mean to defeat me, do you Sentinel?"

I stood about eight paces from him, and looked out from my helmet as I answered.
"I would rather not fight you, and from the shields around Thomsen Tech, and me battling you, all of it is a obvious diversion."

I then used the power of the Lantern ring to begin to hover above him, as I used my own imagination to form a bronze pillar, the size of a nine story building as I held it elevated above me, threatening to drop the massive symbol of architecture on Uncle Sam.

"But to believe that means I wont use all of my power to defeat you, is nothing more than wishful thinking."

Like a hammer to a anvil, I then dropped the pillar atop of America's Avatar, but I immediately noticed that something was amiss. Uncle Sam was beanth the pillar, holding it atop of his shoulders like Atlas held the world in ancient greek myths. And then, his size began to grow to match the obstacle in front of him, the man grew to seven stories high, and swiftly turned the construct against me like a giant baseball bat, as he gripped it and made a wide swing at me.

But the same pattern as before repeated itself.

Uncle Sam, and his weapon were so large, he could only strike with it in two ways. Overhead, or in a wide sweep. A easy maneuver to evade, my small size and flight ability proved so that his strike was unable to hit me, and once more, my small form was positioned in front of the giant's face as I formed a boxing glove of bronze light large enough to slug him across the face, as I had the pillar he wielded vanish.

The man grunted, as we both realized our obstacles. Uncle Sam could not effectively hit me to inflict damage, and with the Ring, my own durability and strength was modestly comparable to his. Unrestrained, it's possible that I may be a league above. However, Uncle Sam is not a typical hero of super strength, his invulnerability stems from the nation's faith in the ideals of freedom and liberty. I can hit him all day long, but to inflict actual damage? That is another story.

"We are at a cross roads Sentinel, you cannot hurt me, and it seems I cannot hit you. So what is your plan? Do we battle until the end of time?" I was quick to retort.

"Or you could simply give up."

But then, Sam signaled his men, the soldiers began to open fire. The blasts felt like I was being slammed with ki blasts which my wife used. The damage was minimal, but it did give Sam the opening he needed. He quickly grabbed me up in his giant hands and hurled me at the earth beneath us.

I collided with a crash sending dust, earth and soil flying, and with almost no time to recover, the boot heel of Uncle Sam descended upon me. With my hands positioned above me, I resisted the crushing force of a patriotic giants boot heel atop of me. With concentrated strength, I battled to keep my mind clear of panicked emotions, if I allowed my mind to be clouded, the ring would give way.

Then, with the ring, I formed two representations of Hercules. Which lifted the heel from me, and as the stunned soldiers all surrounded me. And Uncle Sam, stepped back to re think his attack, I allowed the greek representations to disappear, and slowly, I rose my ring into the sky. It's light shining to blinding levels as the soldiers around me shielded their eyes.

""Where Knowledge lacks, and Reason Rare."

"Where Logic's void, We'll bring it there."

"To Void Ignorance, in Day and Night."

"Through power bronze, The Truth we Light!"

At the end of the oath, the ring had charged itself fully, unlike most Oan Rings, a Lantern is not needed fir a recharge. As the lights died down, and the scene became visible again, the battlefield situation has changed drastically. To oppose the three hundred soldiers around me, a Bronze Representation of 300 heroes from Infinite Justice, stood around me. Bound together through my own powers of the ring, and fueled by logical thought.

That this fight, needed to end. Then, with a single flicker of a thought, the bronze heroes confronted the army, as I sailed up into the sky, clashing with Uncle Sam once more, the true battle now unfolding.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:46 pm

Sabrina El Carter/Star Girl-18 Yrs-JQ Tower, New York City

What happened next, I hardly had the time to comprehend it. A ear splitting crash erupted through the tower as a figure punched into me at break bone speeds, break Kryptonian bone speeds. As my eyes began to flutter open, from the deep crevice I now found myself in, I saw an alien figure of which I did not recognize. Some sort of alien with red and black skin, but one thing was irrevocably clear. Whatever this being was, he was immeasurably pissed. Rubble and debris covered my suit, and the alien fabrics managed to hold together, as the uniform was not composed of earthly elements, in fact, it had more in common with armor than a skin tight suit, despite it's appearance. But this alien, whatever he was, was at this moment far more powerful than I. "Oh....f*ck me..." My reaction was on instinct, and I unleashed a blast from my heat vision in a very uncontrolled manner of self defense. "Were you ever taught to knock first!" I screeched, the blast erupting from my eyes. The being evaded and the beams cut through portions of the tower. As entire levels began to crumble, I quickly realized a obvious truth.

We cannot fight here...

There was no time to explain the situation to my new found allies. I am the only one who has a chance of leading this monster's rampage away from this city. Very well away from Earth. As my head whipped around, I engaged my x-ray vision to quickly locate the alien in the clouds of smoke and debris in the large tower. Finding that he evaded the blast by moving behind me, I quickly shot myself forward.

At speeds as fast as I could manage without causing significant damage to the environment around us. Leaving the skyscrapers of the city behind me, I hastily looked behind me to see if I successfully drew him away, but he was just standing there, in the rubble looking up.

I dont understand...wont he chase after me? He specifically targeted me for some reason in his attack.

But before I could comprehend what was happening, as I began to approach the upper atmosphere at airplane heights, the enraged being slammed a fist into my jaw. It was not teleportation, it was speed.

The punch created a vast shock wave and I broke out of Earth's atmosphere not by flying out, but was literally slugged into orbit. The only saving grace was, that out in the cold of space, my body was absorbing solar radiation without any obstruction aside from distance. My eyes weakly gazed at the spatial ball of fire and plasma, unharmed as a human eye would have gone blind from it's light.

But I looked at it not as a star right now, but more like salvation.

I was already over Venus by the time I had stopped my self from the beasts attack.

The single moment of rest was like dripping water into the mouth of a dehydrated and dying woman, the fleeting moments I had to absorb the sun's energy into my cells. A action completely independent of my own will, was enough to restore a portion of my own energy, and heal some of the injuries that I had received so far.

All good things end though, and despite being fast enough to block the next blow from the being, the sheer force of it was enough to send me spiraling even closer to the sun. As I had positioned my back to it so that any blows that sent me reeling, would bring me ever closer to my source of power.

My brain racked itself for information in overtime, as whoever this person was, he did not seem to act off of logic. In fact, he fought in a very primal way.

But as I grew ever closer to the sun, I was finally starting to feel strong enough to begin to resist, as I tried to go on my own offensive, at speeds just above FTL, and throwing planetary threat strikes in rapid succession. Attempting to use my Kryptonian vision to keep track of the target, I began blasting away with heat beams in combination with my own physical blows.

Not realizing that this battle, was only just beginning.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:03 pm

Sabrina El Carter/Star Girl-18 Yrs-Unknown Galaxy, Unknown Star System

New Rob Halfordia wrote:
As the massive battle continued to rage on in space, the Dark Saiyan noticed the Kryptonian attempting to go on it's own offensive. But, whereas Alex had the advantage of once being Okarot's friend, meaning even subconsciously he held back, this Kryptonian girl was completely unknown to him. That meant it was unimportant whether she lived or died, this was simply a fight for the pleasure of the violence. And, as the Kryptonian attempted to attack, one thing became horribly clear. She was too slow. The Saiyan disappeared, seemingly teleporting behind the Kryptonian, throwing a solar system busting punch straight at the back of the Kryptonian's head. However, she was quicker to respond this time, and was barely able to block the punch, catching it in her own hand.

But, this was much to Okarot's displeasure. The Saiyan suddenly teleported away, about one hundred yards away from the Kryptonian. It's normally white, dot like pupils turned red, while the rest of his eye suddenly turned from black to white. However, his body was still covered in the same red and black energy. The sun shined brightly behind Sabrina, while to Okarot's back was nothing but the blackness of space. The Saiyan's body began glowing, a bright white aura surrounding it, unlike any energy the form had emitted before. This one was more pure than the former energy that had been used. And, it was far less menacing, and almost godly.

Okarot slowly lifted his arms upwards at his sides, raising his open hands slightly above shoulder level, his staring, unblinking eyes locked onto the Kryptonian, never shifting focus. Surrounded by the bright and heavenly white aura, the Saiyan truly had the appearance of a God. That's when Okarot uttered to words, his features still lacking any kind of mouth, the sound of his voice simply emanating from his being.

"Universal Push."

From these to words, a massive, unseen force fired directly at the Kryptonian with nearly untrackable speed, it's pure concentrated energy immense in it's amount and power. But, just by feeling this energy, even somebody with no ability to sense power would know that it's was not one which should be challenged without serious caution. Even when held back, it's potential could be clearly felt. This was no normal power, but instead a some kind of cosmic force. One that's effects could not only span galaxies, but perhaps, if uncontained, the entirety of the universe.

We seemed to settle in on opposing sides, each one trying to gauge the other, and even with the rays of the yellow sun empowering me, I still seemed too slow, too weak and too late to oppose this guy. The feeling of frustration was flooding over me. I could not seem to find a weakness to this man, and I am not sure how much longer I would be able to hold out. The reality of the situation began to drip into my mind, as I knew that I was utterly alone facing this power. Not my mother nor my father, or even my brother would be here to help me. Not the women I met in the Justice Queens, no one. I am outmatched. My eyes attached themselves to this being, as a white aura, one far more controlled began to spill from him, it was not as violent, but I knew that would make little difference to me. His arms which had hung at his sides, now were slowly raised, and his eyes, never left my own. As if he was seeing through me. It was then, when his arms were fully extended. The first time I heard it's voice.

"Universal Push."

The force, could not be explained. The energy which slammed into me, it could not be described. I simply experienced it, as I was sent flying, to where I do not know. Pain flared its way around my body, not simply across my skin, but my organs burned. The feeling was worse than that of Kryptonite, and that is like setting one of us on fire. The uniform, which has so far resisted the signs of battle so far, was now evaporating from my body, although not entirely.

I did not comprehend the passing of the stars, nor did I understand the distance that I was thrown, but the duration of the attack, realistically only minutes, felt as if it were hours. But the pain would not subside, although my form simply continued its slow drift through time and space.

As I began to slow down, I could see the extent of the damage. My leggings were all but gone, and I was now barefoot, all the way to the upper thigh. The fabrics around the waist and gut were mostly gone, exposing my stomach. My sleeves were now tattered and shredded beyond repair, the crest upon my chest managed to endure as I have, as deformed as it was, and only about half of my own cape remained, and in poor condition. But more alarming, was that in many of the exposed, places, my own skin was seared off, and exposing the muscles and tissue beneath. But something, had managed to keep the pain from being overbearing, and more even, after some time...it began to die down.

Never before had I been so wounded, and I have never before began to heal so quickly. As my head began to survey my surroundings, I found the source of my recovery. For the first time in my life, I was somehow, exposed to the rays of a blue sun. My father had told me about them, and their relation to me. Essentially, the most powerful battery to a Kryptonian, these suns provide staggering power to one of my kind who happens to take in their radiation. He was not lying...I could feel the power seep into me at astounding rates as I continued to drift closer and closer to it. On a collision course, where I would eventually be swallowed by it.

Most beings would have to fear such an event, as their bodies cannot even take the pressure and heat of being near a sun, my kind, are among the only ones I know of to be able to harness the power of a sun. This being, unintentionally as it may have been, has just made life far more difficult for it, as my body was finally swallowed up by the Blue Sun.

I did not feel the heat, only serenity. I did not feel the crushing pressure of it's weight nor gravity, only the returning vigor fit for a god. The heat and plasma bathed me in radiation, entirely surrounded my the hot flames of the burning star. If this enemy of mine believed me dead for now, he would sense my presence, very soon. Not only am I recovering the strength I had lost, but surpassing that level with no end in sight, as long as I continue to soak in this power. The scars around my body began to heal, the skin began to reform around the exposed muscle tissue, and within just thirty seconds, any signs of struggle, apart from my tattered clothes were wholly gone.

Three minutes. That was as long as I needed to remain inside of the star. With that, I erupted form the surface of the star as if I was a natural occurrence and instantly found my target, which had just arrived in the solar system. Again the pattern repeated, the darkness of space behind him, and the essence of a blue star behind me.

But things were now different, and the only indicator of that, was that now, my eyes had a entirely blue glow to them. I clenched my fists repeatedly, as if practicing how to make a fist, but feeling as if I could crush a black hole. My gaze locked on the alien being, as I was through playing. If he was going to attack me like that, with force enough to kill me, saved only by stupid luck of landing near a blue sun, then I will respond in kind.

"I, dont know if you are capable of feeling true emotions...whatever you are. Know this however...." I then began to focus huge amounts of energy into my own eyes, as the blue in them began to burn like a star.

"I will ensure your tomb reads..." I then cut loose with the power, holding nothing back, and in place of my line of sight was a surge of heat beams I had never seen unleashed, they were the same sapphire color of the sun, and expansive enough to incinerate half of this solar system as I shrieked my taunt.

"DEATH BY KRYPTONIAN!"

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:59 pm

The battle raged as the bronze constructs began to battle against the Human Defense Corps. As they did so, I prepared to finish the fight with Uncle Sam, as it was clear that I was being held here for too long. The problem was, I could fight him, but defeating a man who is powered by the people's faith in the country and it's ideals. That is another obstacle. To maintain my advantage, I used the ring and sped around him, slamming him hard with a bronze fist as he hit the earth, sending rock and dirt flying. I then linked myself to him, with chains of bronze, and attempted to subdue him, however I had underestimated his strength, and he pulled me by the chains toward him and then began to swing me around, only releasing me once I was flying hard enough to crash violently into Thomsen Tech. The damage was minimal to the building with the shielding, but I knew that this fight had gone on long enough. It was time to bring it to an end.

Using the power of the ring to levitate in the air as I confronted Uncle Sam for the final confrontation, I ducked under another massive blow as he attempted to strike me out of the air once more. With a single hand motion, I constructed a small army of small pygmy sized beings, and just like in the classic book, they each began to restrain the patriotic giant with cords of bronze energy, dragging him down into the earth, and restraining the massive man. As he struggled against the bindings, he soon found out that it was useless.

I walked up next to him, as he shot his eyes over to me, as if to ask what my next move was. With that, I stood to the side, and rather than attempt to finish him off, I simply spoke to him once more.

"We are at a crossroads here. You cannot catch nor detain me. And I cannot defeat you. Craig is long gone, as are the employees of this company. Logic is now showing..." I uttered, as I closed that statement.

"That you have failed." I then turned his attention to the scene around him, and his soldiers had been disarmed and defeated, but unharmed by the constructs of the Lantern Ring.

"That being said, your motive to continue this fight is also gone, and I have no reason to continue fighting you. So, allow a simple proposition..."

I then released all the bindings and restraints on all of the soldiers, as well as Uncle Sam, and then took a step back.

"We now go our separate ways."

Uncle Sam, began to pat himself off as he dusted his clothing, and then straightened himself.

"That simple, just, let you go. What makes you so sure I would not attempt to turn you in?" I then answered honestly.

"Nothing at all, I am trusting you."

Sam seemed to contemplate the situation, and then moved to turn around. A soldier then approached him, as they seemed to be leaving the area.

"So, we just let him go?"

"He was never our actual target, and the longer we waste fighting him, the farther that target gets away."

Satisfied with how the battle ended, I left the field myself via the ring, and then began to think about where Craig would have gone, as I had agreed to train him. I thought of all the places he could have gone, and we had not agreed on a ground before hand. I thought of how he learned of me, about my trial for the alleged murder of Deathstroke, and soon I came to a conclusion, that he would likely head to his abandoned hide out. It is not a place authorities would search, and it is a place we both can find.

With that thought in mind, I flew off in the direction of the hideout, sending a message to Craig through the Bronze Power Ring, hoping he would receive it, as he seems to have control over technology, that I was finally free and able to instruct him.

For a time at least.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:00 am

Charmera wrote:
The Rebel Alliances wrote:

The fact that the woman seemed to be smiling...creeped me out. She seemed to be able to defend and counter despite the two pronged strategy. As even as Chorus slammed into her, she maneuvered mid air and went right back on the attack. Using drum sticks as weapons, I started to wonder if all of Chorus' enemies used musical instruments as weapons, and a conspiracy theory that they were all just less skilled pop stars who could not get the fame Chorus had, so they resort to trying to kill her. Actually made sense to my child like mind. But my own block was not fast enough, and what I assumed were simple drum sticks, slammed into me, with a bone creaking pain that sent be flying through a wall.

Coughing among the bricks and dust, I picked myself up, and climbed my way out of the rubble, embarrassed by how that must have looked to Chorus, her bodyguard being sent reeling so easily. But a strange sight occurred when both Chorus and Janice seemed much...shorter...than I remember. I ignored the feeling and once more charged at Janice, this time moving at a speed far greater than the last time and throwing a wall shattering punch in her direction, as I noticed that my fist, was now covered in a red gauntlet. Revealing the armor I seemed to be wearing when I 'woke up’ and the fact that they were not shorter, I was in fact taller.

As Janice seemed to had accidently pushed me back into my....older August mode? Never mind, I will think of a cool name for it after I defeat Janice and impress Chorus I thought as my mind returned to the battle at hand.

Janice reeled from the strike, surprised by this development and taken off guard, Chorus took this as her opportunity, she sped towards the redhead and swung sideways with her blade. But she wasn’t aiming for Janice. She aimed for the wire of her headphones. She took her by surprise, and before she could even react her headphone wire was cut. And before she could even react to that she was cut completely in twain. Chorus quickly used her wires to lob the pieces away before August could have a chance to have a good look at them. (She didn’t want to traumatise him after all)

Chorus then turned around. She quickly mouthed ‘I can explain’ though she wasn’t sure if August would get that. Suddenly, her eyes turned red and she fell over groaning.

Verse then spoke.
Get her to safety. Spoke the blade. And yes she did just slice that woman in half, but don’t worry, she’s not dead. And yes I am a talking sword. The blade explained.

Emerging from the hole in the wall, it seems that I arrived just in time to witness Chorus hack a woman in half, but...things were not as they seemed. Normally, I would have been rather upset or disturbed by what I saw, but when the sword began to explain the event away, I decided that it was probably more than meets the eye. After all, I am much the same way, I just turned into a grown man for no apparent reason and it seems it may become a habit. Regardless, trying to dissect and understand what had happened, how the woman could be cut in half and still be alive, it just made my head hurt. So, I decided that I would just take it at face value rather than ask about it.

"Well...I trust you, so if you can manage to cut people in half and not kill them, I suppose that...is something." I avoided the word 'OK' as I was not sure if it was fitting. But I then began to wonder about what was next for us, and I voiced the concerns.

"So, what are we doing now?" I looked around kinda nervously, as if not knowing where to go exactly from here.

"Do you know where to get your voice back now?"

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:42 pm

Ralph the Rat-16 Yrs-Gotham City

The loss could have been felt no matter where I happened to be. Max...was dead. And with him the Chaos Emeralds were once more released into the world. The closest one was in a place known as Gotham City, the place is dark, even during the day it seems, and has had its share of trouble in recent months. Although right now, the sun was long gone but it is hard to see the moon through the thick clouds in the sky tonight. The lights did not do much to penetrate the darkness and the defender of this city seemed to use the perfect guise for his job, that of a creature of the night. I stepped through the narrow streets and thought back to how I had parted ways with Ashley the Hedgehog a while back. After running into captain cold, she decided to go back to Mobius and continue racing with her extreme gear. So for now I am travelling alone. Clearing my senses, I focused on the presence of the chaos emerald as I lifted myself off of the ground in a telekinetic flight, rising to the roof tops of the residential neighborhoods.

Touching down lightly on one of the buildings, I could hear a alarm wail off in the distance from what appeared to be some type of Museum. Signalling that something was very recently stolen from the location. Plumes of smoke from chimneys filtered into the air as I made my way lightly across the skyline.

I searched the various directions for anything or anyone out of the ordinary. As I could feel that the emerald was nearby. It was then that I spotted a woman who held up a very bright yellow jewel in her hand, inspecting it in the dim moon light, turning it around softly and delicately as if being careful not to even smear its surface. Her leather clothing was skin tight and she had a pair of violet goggles which were pulled up to her forehead. A whip hung from her side as a black cat purred as it perched itself upon her left shoulder. Her fingers were tipped with what resembled the claws of a cat and her height was obviously far taller than myself, marking her between 5'6 or 5'8.

It was as I got closer to her that I realized that the sun flower colored jewel in her clutches was in fact the Chaos Emerald I had been searching for. Her cat took notice of me and then alerted the woman, where she spun around and at first had to look back and forth before she finally just looked down, as my short stature marked me as harder to spot at first.

"Oh, I thought you were the bat for a second there. Although...I am not sure what you are." The lad remarked as she placed the jewel in a pack which she placed across her back.

"My name is Ralph the Rat, I am a Mobian. And that emerald which is in your possession is a Chaos Emerald, it's dangerous and I will need that back."

She analyzed me before responding.

"Call me Catwoman. You know what they say. Finders keepers and all. So, I think I will just be holding on to this for now. Catch you later." AS she turned to leave, her bag opened up and the Yellow Chaos Emerald was lifted from it, as I used my psychic power to move it away from her.

"You can go wherever you like. Just not with this." I said as I reached out to take hold of the jewel. But her whip cracked out and slammed my gloved hand, I pulled it back in a quick shock.

"Now now, keep those paws where they belong." As I dropped focus on the jewel it fell and Catwoman was quick to retrieve it as she sprinted off of the roof top and out of sight.

I walked to the edge of the roof top and looked across, I could not see her, with her black skin suit and the abundance of shadows and hiding places. But as long as she has the emerald I should be able to track her.

"Well, some things never change..." I sighed, as I levitated off of the building and began my search for the thief.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse