NATION

PASSWORD

Infinite Justice: Beyond (Marvel,DC,DBZ X/Over, IC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:47 pm

Courtney Dawes/Scarlet Archer-19 Yrs-Los Angeles
I was on my way back to my apartment when a knife flew right past me and embedded itself into a light pole. I fell backwards in surprise and landed right on my backside. I sat there stunned for a few seconds, but collected myself. If someone was trying to kill me, I could not waste time staring off stunned. I stood up and drew my bow, pulling a arrow from the quiver and circled around, scanning the immediate area. I then realized that whoever had thrown that knife, had missed. I aimed down my sights, but saw no obvious assassin. The more I thought about it, the more the thought that even have my own assassin did not make much sense. I mean, it is not as if I have made any major enemies, actually the police likely dislike me more than the criminal underworld for my inability to actually accomplish anything, and normally seem to be in the way. My eyes then shot back to the knife, while I lowed my bow ever so slightly.

Should I grab the knife? Perhaps there is some clue on it to identify my attacker...

But if I turn my back, I will be vulnerable. I could be killed easily.

Maybe it would prompt another attack, where I could pin point the location of the assassin.

No, it is surely a trap. How else could he have so conveniently missed when he came so close to gutting me with the knife.

I was beginning to wish I could see in the dark now. The man was obviously skilled, as I could see no trace of him. I could not just charge in blindly, and just as I was about to give up and run, I finally found something. On another rooftop, one darker than my own but still by moonlight I was able to make out a dark figure.

That must be my target.

I then began to pull the bow back as I prepared the blunt non lethal arrow and with some surprising accuracy even in the darkness I fired a warning shot that missed only by a few feet from the unknown enemy. I then loaded another arrow this one pointed rather than blunt and aimed it at a higher building. I then rapidly shot off three arrows each one slightly higher than the last to serve as a makeshift way to scale the side of the higher building, two stories taller than the one I am on. So that I can gain a height advantage over my opponent.

Way to think smart Courtney. I congratulated myself prematurely as I dashed to the makeshift arrows and leapt up, planting my foot on the lowest one and my hands on the highest one, then using what upper body strength I had to pull my feet up to the middle arrow and then use that to give me the footing I needed to claw my way to the higher rooftop.

Finally reaching the top and rather impressed with myself I began breathing heavily, as I tried to calm myself and prepared another non lethal arrow which I fixated on my enemy below. Gritting my teeth, I let the arrow fly loose and soar at the villain. Eager to apprehend my first bad guy.

Just like the Green Arrow.
Last edited by The Rebel Alliances on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:31 pm

Courtney Dawes/Scarlet Archer-19 Yrs-Los Angeles
The man countered far too easily, he summoned a massive blade from nowhere and deflected the arrow with ease, I have never seen that done before, certainly not so easily. I even let loose a startled yelp in the humid LA night. My eyes struggled to track him as he also seemed to have a unnatural speed. The man even used my own improvised ladder to gain access to my rooftop and before I knew it, the man was right before me. I was hoping that my nervousness did not show too much on my face, with my eyes and upper nose painted a deep red to serve as a mask. I took several small steps back, as I tried in vain to place some distance in between us, I have no hand to hand skills at all. A bow to my ability is only useful from a distance. Something I will have to remedy later.

Just as I was about to turn and run though, the man rather than killing me, actually began to speak to me.

"That's quite the shot you have. but what brings such a weapon user to the rooftops?"

I was taken by complete surprise. Does he not intend to kill me? Then why throw the knife at me? Is he only trying to catch me off guard? And here I am arguing inside my own head again.

I then shook my head. No, from what I had just seen this man, this...mutant do. He could have easily killed me with that blade had he wanted to. Perhaps this was his form of a joke or simply testing me. The way he sliced clean through my arrow, then he deflected the large blade away from me, which would have killed me had he not done that. No, he is not trying to hurt me. I took another look at the man, as he stood on the hilt of a blade that was embedded deep into the side of a building and his form against the back drop of the moon. I then spoke, trying to maintain all sense of authority in my voice I likely lost.

"I should be...asking the questions here. I was on patrol when you attacked-" I stopped myself. "Startled me. I thought you were trying to kill me with that knife at first." I then placed my bow upon my back signalling the fight was over. "I am Scarlet Archer, a Super-" I again stopped myself. "Well, a hero never the less. Not quite super....yet. " I then tried to turn the tables on him.

"So, who are you? And what are you doing here in Los Angeles? The way you fight would make you at least a mutant, no normal human could move that fast with such precision." I questioned, trying to subtly pry into just who this masked man resembling a ninja was.
Last edited by The Rebel Alliances on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:05 pm

Edit: Sophia will from now on be known as her original name of Corinna Erastos, sounds more Spartan to me. :)

Corinna Erastos-2,187 Yrs-Unknown Location in China
It was a moment, and as I stood upon the Gothic sky lines of Gotham, I was now standing about a hundred paces outside of some ancient monastery, where I was not really sure. The deep red walls of the monastery had a peaceful feeling about them. The golden painted scenes of celestial dragons decorated the exterior walls and a large wooden gate provided the entrance. I looked up into the sky, looking past my own helmet and could tell I was high up in the mountains. It was then that Ares appeared before me once more. "The time has finally come Corinna. Once more the world will know War. The world will know Ares, the will know your and they will know you." I paced to his left side and turned to him. "What do you mean by this?" Ares seemed to think I told a hilarious joke. "My dear Corinna." He said laughing, then growing dark. "You have been alone for far too long. Your people corpses have sated the soil beneath their once proud city. And then world has forgotten not only my legacy, but that of the Spartan's as well. I can bring them back, Corinna. But not now, I am too weak. Gods are different than mortals. We can be all powerful, but our strength is tied to those who believe in us. As you know, mankind prays to a new God now. One who chooses to remain absent from their affairs. I am far more interested in mankind. But, I need them to know me once more. They know warfare, and for this I have not completely faded away. But that is not enough. I need shrines and praise of fear or love it matters not." His tone then softened.

"And if you do this...I will grant you the one gift we stole from you. The one you desire the most of anything in this mortal world." My eyes then shot open, as I stared at him.

"You mean to say?" He simply nodded and confirmed.

"Yes, Corinna...I will restore your mortality. Disease and age will come to you again. You now appreciate the beauty of being mortal dont you? It is like that of the Butterfly, so beautiful and pleasant, but so fleeting. They are temporary, and so there sight is more precious. It is more beautiful, because it is doomed to death. You have been blessed with many things but it has recquire much sacrifice. And your service to me more than warrants your rewards."

I fell to my knees before him. In all of my time, I have resigned myself to wondering the earth for eternity. To living through every war, every plague and every tragedy but knowing I would never see an end to it. The burning of Sparta, the Crusades, the Black Death, the Hundred Years War, the genocide of the Native Americans, the rise of Fascism I have seen it all. But most of all....

I have been utterly alone.

The voices and commands of the Gods were my only comfort for ages, but even their voices grew distant with the passage of time.

I then heard Ares' voice give the final command to me.
"Rise, Spartan and do your God's work."

I rose to my feet, and walking quickly with purpose to the gates of the monastery. I know what I must do here, Ares must have brought me here to acquire a new form. That of the Celestial Dragon. A form that will be essential in bringing these oriental cultures in line.

I stood before the gates my arms wide open as the guard asked me in chinese what it was that I desired here.

"Knowledge." I informed him in Chinese, not lying. Having learned countless languages in my time on earth. How that knowledge would be acquired though, is another story.

The gates opened and the warrior monks welcomed me. I walked among them as the man who seemed to be the highest of their order approached. An older man with a bald head and red robes covered in the insignia of the ancient dragons. We spoke in his own language.

"How good it is to greet someone who could reach this place, to seek the essence of the Celestials." I then nodded myself and responded.

"I have not come empty handed, I would not be so cheap as to seek what this place offers without giving something in return. I am ready to bestow the greatest gift a Spartan can offer." I said, bowing politely.

"Ah, what is that?" The man asked.

And with a single tear falling from my eye, In a swift motion I unsheathed my short sword and placed it through his chest, pulling him close I whispered in his ear.

"A warrior's death."

I then summoned my spear to my hand and hurled it with such power and precision that a large guard upon the steps of the central building in front of me, the spear impaled him and clung his dangling form to the wall behind him firmly. Finally kicking the elder's body away from me I drew my shield and effortlessly deflected glancing blows with the large Spartan shield, cleaving through body parts and sending arms flying.

These monks are skilled, but they are men.
I have Ares on my side, couples with two thousand years of combat experience.

I used the least amount of movement for each kill, seemingly gliding through the bodies and blood that now decorated my body. One of the more agile monks launched himself into the air and attempted an overhead kill, but the most prized piece of equipment I have, the Spartan shield prevented his blow, and I smashed it into him sending him flying back as I then used my short sword as a projectile weapon and thew it at him, the blade finding the man's skull.

As I appeared disarmed, the monks quickly surrounded me.

"You foolish bandit! You have no way to defend yourself now!" I then turned and looked at the man who said that with almost pity in my eyes as I imagined I was looking at a child.

"Foolish? You will see the error in those words soon, as you cannot hope to triumph against a God."

"You call yourself a God, such hubris." The man spat.

"Not me...Ares. And I, am his messenger!" I bellowed, as my form began to change and where once a woman stood, now rose a fire spewing European Dragon.

I shall make this quick. I thought, bestowing the only mercy I could.

As I instantly incinerated all the remaining resistance to me with the dragon's breath.

It was done. Returning to my normal form I walked through the heat of the flames and over the burning bodies as I made my way to the central chamber of the monastery. There, I found a simple shrine, which began to illuminate as I approached it. This is what they were defending to the last. As I moved ever closer, a light engulfed me and was gone just as fast.

The knowledge of the very being of their celestial dragons was now within me, granting me the power to take their form.

And bring this ancient creature to devastating life.

Courtney Dawes/Scarlet Archer-19 Yrs-En Route to Gotham
My experience with that man, has shown me one clear thing, that I am not prepared. I want to be a hero, but I need so much more. More training and certainly more effective arrows, non lethal of course. So, I am now driving my rental car, wearing simple blue jeans and a Sega hoodie. My 'Hero Equipment' in the trunk. Going to the only city where I know I can find expertise in street level heroes. Gotham. Rain began to fall as I drove during the night passing by a highway exit. I began thinking about all of the possible arrow types I could use. Electric Stun Arrows, Tracking Arrows, Explosive Arrows, Rope Arrows, EMP Arrows and fireworks arrows and those are just a few concepts. I also need to really improve my hand to hand combat. I have heard rumors of a new Batgirl in Gotham. I may not be able to find Batman, but I am sure someone like Batgirl could help me get started.

I read the next sign that I approached.

Gotham City, 127 Miles

Great almost there. I thought to myself and my phone rang, interrupting me. I picked it up and was surprised to hear my Boyfriend's voice on the other end. "Scott, what a surprise? Listen, when was that social event you wanted me for?" I asked, steering with my left hand while talking on the phone with my right. "Two hours ago Courtney." He told me, obviously disappointed. Shit! I began to apologize. "Sorry babe, something came up last minute I am actually on my way to Gotham now and-" He stopped me. "Gotham? What the hell are you doing going to Gotham? Nevermind, listen it does not matter. I am just calling to tell you we are through." I was shocked, although I suppose I should not have been, ever since I began this vigilante quest I have really been driving my social and family life right off of the metaphorical cliff. I was just about to say I was sorry until I heard the dead tone, he hung up. Lightly tossing the phone into the passenger seat, I leaned my head back against the seat. Now talking to myself.

"Well, now I wont have anything distracting me I suppose." I mumbled, just as I pulled off of the highway to fill up on gas.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:04 pm

Corinna Erastos-2,187 Yrs-Ruins of Ancient Sparta
I was now standing upon the rocks of ancient Sparta. My mind flashing back to the destruction I had caused in parts of China and East Asia. Doing Ares dirty work so that the world will once more believe in his name. The waves crashed upon the rocks as the drops of salty ocean water began to drip on my feet. I had not been here since that night, the night the Roman Legions were storming into the streets. Our people have bested the Athenians. We have held the line against the Persians, and not even the fabled Trojans could best us. But, one always meets it's match and this has happened with us so long ago. Ares appeared once more behind me, but not saying anything I simply stared out at the sea, my form standing resolute on the outskirts of our once great civilization. Until I finally broke the silence in which only the howling winds could be heard. "Why have you brought me here Ares?" I questioned, a little annoyance showing in my voice. He then spoke deeply but almost as if he was sympathetic. "Does it still hurt you to be here, you have run so far from this place. But you can never escape it, can you?" He asked me, as he stepped out in front of me. Hovering above the crashing waves. "Remember, you did not just lose a city, I lost as well. My prized people in which praised me, and which I led to victory. We have both suffered from their loss and the world is lesser for it."

I then wanted to know why he did not save us, but I knew I would not like the answer. So, I again asked why I was here. To which he responded almost immediately.

"You have grown in power, quite so, but their is one more form you will need to gain. That of the mythical Hydra. A sea beast of almost unrivaled power. These creatures were the bane of the natural world in your day. All but extinct, except for one who has dwelled here for a thousand years. Normally you dont have to kill a creature to understand its essence, but the Hydra is a beast of such violence that is the only way you can truly understand it's existence and once you understand that, you will gain their power." I then stepped off into the water, a brave move after what was said.

"So, that is it then? Kill a Hydra?" Ares then warned.

"Do not act so dismissive, this is no easy task and I wont be able to aid you, this is something you must do yourself." And with those words, Ares disappeared into the wind. I stood there, waiting for this Hydra to arrive. The spray of the sea assailing my face as I waited, and with a screeching howl, a tidal wave erupted as I gazed on, and saw the beast that has inspired fear into the hearts of ancient greeks and according to Ares, the very last of his kind. The Hydra.

The shrieking beast wasted no time, and one of it's so far seven heads came crashing down at me. I dodged behind a rock formation in which it crashed through too easily with no ill effects on the monster. I drew my spear and shield and then dashed upon a large rock and leaped from it, falling upon the head that was still hovering around ground level, as it searched for me. I landed atop of it and stabbed the spear into it to provide a way to stay on top, and something to hold onto as the spear provided a stable anchor as I embedded it into the Hydra.

I had expected some form of howling from the beast, but heard no such thing as it appeared that the pain was so insignificant that it was as if a bug had bitten a human. Another of it's heads quickly found me, and hovered just out of reach, eyeing me as if it was inspecting it's meal. Then, it let out a shriek so powerful that it's breath had me clutching to the spear for fear of being blasted away by sheer sound waves, as pieces of half digested meat was expelled from it's belly and a couple pieces smashed into me.

But that was only a distraction, as a third head moved in from behind me and attempted to swallow me whole. I spun around just in time to jam my short sword into it's mouth but it made no difference. The Hydra had forced me into it's putrid mouth and I was standing upon it's tongue as I braced the shield above me preventing the fangs larger than most land mammals from tearing into me. But, the Hydra then moved it's tongue as it swallowed me, forcing me down it's throat as I descended into darkness. Now resembling the tale of Jonah and the Whale.

However, falling deep enough in, I forced my arms and legs out and despite the slimy interior managed to hold myself at what I guessed was halfway down it's throat and racked my brain on what to do next. My eyes burning bright my form began to change again, once more into the form of the Phoenix as fire erupted from the inside of the beast, and I spewed flames so hot that I melted the flesh and forced my way back outside. The other heads reacted in excruciating pain, each one howling for vengeance but even more, the flesh was burned so badly, that no head could grow back from it.

It was then, that the real battle had begun.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:19 pm

Courtney Dawes/Scarlet Archer-19 Yrs-Gotham City
I had been in town for a couple weeks now, and had managed to rig up some new arrows. Nothing to complicated, but I do now have an arrow with a rope attached to the back end allowing me to shoot and latch the arrow so that I can use the rope to swing to other platforms. Aside from my standard pointed and blunt arrows. My eyes once more painted a deep red, matching my short cut hair I was now searching for some wrong to right. Not as easy as one would believe in Gotham City, as the Bat Family manages to keep most of the major stuff under wraps anyways. I was once more on my favorite hunting ground, the roof tops where I could look down on the city below me in the narrows of Gotham, the most poverty stricken part and thus infested with small crime, normally motivated by want of money such as muggings and purse stealing.

I am however, coming up empty handed. With a police scanner attached to my belt, something I had picked up recently in hopes that I would get a tip for a chance to finally get something done.

I do plan to get rid of it as soon as I know my way around well enough though, as I must look like a total novice with it. But, not worrying too much about self image, I paced the length of a roof top, plumes of chimney smoke I finally was able to make out a figure not far from me. I raised my bow and scanned the target, as it was obvious that this costumed, girl from the looks of it was no civilian. But upon closer inspection I lowered the bow, realizing I just aimed it at The Batgirl.

Forgetting all protocal I began dashing across the roof tops and making my way closer to her, and to be honest she was not what I expected. She was too bright, a costume of white in the shadows of Gotham did not seem to fit. She was a bit lower than me as I was standing on a higher building, I looked down at her and called, breathing slightly heavily.

"Hey there! I am Scarlet Archer!" I motioned, introducing myself. I then hopped down to her level.

"I know this is your turf and the Bats. But, I have been needing some real experience to further myself as a hero. To be honest with you, since I can imagine you are training yourself..." I said, trailing off. "My only real skill is in my bow, I am very accurate. When I am not under stress." I confessed. "But, using that skill when people tend to shoot at me puts me under some stress. Although, I have gotten better. Just the other day I was able to slow down a mugger long enough for the GPD to make the arrest. I even started learning boxing in a local Gym." I informed her, not realizing I was rattling on.

My face then brightened up.
"Why dont I tag along with you? I have this police scanner to monitor activity and since you are the senior hero here, I will follow your lead! So, you at the same time can show me how it is done and I can learn from you." I offered, just as the scanner rang out.

"All units, Subways are reporting train number 007 is not responding. Target is picking up speed to dangerous levels and is estimated to be approaching a closed tunnel for collision. ETA until impact is fifteen minutes, out"

And with that the enthusiasm began to leave my face and I just gazed over at Batgirl. As I knew that this could be a dangerous call.

"So, you lead the way then. The report did not mention the suspects, unknown I suppose, but time is running out fast if there are any hostages aboard. Seems strange for a train to just go off the charts like this."

Rebecca Phillips-20 Yrs-Gotham City
My eyes slowly opening and scanning up, as I took in the form of a tall and slender man, dressed in a purple suit, which seemed an odd color. But it was once I saw his face, his harrowing face as if it was being warn as a mask. The eyes behind it, had nothing human left in them. I was absolutely terrified, for I now knew who this man was in question. I had seen him distantly on television and his antics have caused suffering to thousands. Known only by the name of...The Joker. He was carrying what seemed to be a box of chocolates which he had scribbled on close to his chest. I tried to shrink away from him, but there was nowhere for me to go. My voice abandoned me, and so I could not scream. My stained face from my eye shadow, ruined by my tears mixed with whatever terrified expression I could form. To his left stood a woman of slightly above average height holding a almost candy cane colored baseball bat. I also knew her name, that of Harley Quinn. It was then that I tried to utter some form of begging.

"P..p...p..please...d..d...hurt me.." The man then placed a bleached finger to my lips to hush me.

"Oh, NO, NO, NO my dear girl! How could I harm you on what it seems as if by the way you are dressed...on your wedding day!?" He then began to throw his arms in the air in overly exaggerated ways. "Why, this is a time of celebration, of jokes and humor and of SMILING!" He then bent down, placing his hidious face so close to mine, and then whispering but almost in the tone of a threat.

"So, why arn't you smiling?" He then sprung up. "Oh did your beloved tragically fall to his DEATH! Or perhaps I ran him over on my way here, my goodness I was running late, my girl did I KILL your beloved?" It took several moments to answer.

"N...n..no." He then feigned confusion. "Oh, then what could it be then." He began to pace around me, as if pondering a riddle. He turned to Harley and asked her.

"My dear Harley, you have the mind of a woman, and the frame to match, what could this girl be troubled about, hmm?" The woman piped up in a cheerful voice.

"I believe she was dumped Mr J!" The Joker must have thought it brilliant.

"Ahahh! That must be it! So tell me, did you Prince turn out to be nothing more than a fairy tale?"

"Y..yes." I answered, but by now I was almost begging to be let go.

"Well, I know just the thing to put a grinning smile on that face, the one thing a girl cannot turn down, a box of chocolates." He then placed himself on a single knee and held up the box as if he was proposing. Harley Quinn just smirked behind him. Too scared to deny the 'gift' I placed my hands on it and then dropped it in my lap.

"Well, go on...open it." The murdering clown tempted. My fingers shaking, I undid the ribbon around it, and finally lifted the top off of it. And then like a 'Jack in the Box' a severed hand holding a collection of flowers burst from the box and I was sent flying off the seat, startled by the gift. The Joker began slapping his knees laughing, and acting as if wiping a tear in his eye.

"Oh, one can never have too many laughs. But I should tell you, this is all being done for you, why look around. You are going to go on the ride of your life!" Just as he picked me up and started escorting me through the other cars, I could see they were wired with bombs, enough to blow a hole into the sub structure of Gotham and cause a cave in large enough to take out a city block.

"Why if you look out this window you can see the...well you cannot see the thousands of screams yet, but trust me soon, this whole city will be screaming for you. But let us move on with our tour." I was moved from car to car until we finally reached the lead cabin, where the train driver was sitting, petrified and with a unnatural grin on his face.

"Oh, your chauffeur was not so willing to take this last joy ride. So, well, we set him on course with a smile. Now, stay here and enjoy the ride..." And with that they shut me into the lead car. Locking it from the other side. I began to panic, as I frantically looked around and saw that the cockpit was filled with gas tanks, and a timer on them. Less than five minutes...and...and I will die here, with the same grinning look on my face from the deadly 'Laughing Gas'.

I could do nothing but bang on the locked door, hoping for the Batman to save me.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:52 pm

I listened to everything Batgirl told me intently, as she scooped me up with surprising strength and flew us both off to the subways as we skated above the skies of Gotham. I was really outside of my comfort zone, I am always on the ground and not used to flying, in this manner. The lights from the cars below passed by so quickly but as I noticed something about this city I felt disturbed. This city, like any other had no shortage of lights. However, no matter how many there were, the shadows seemed darker here than any other place, as if all of the lights in the world could not penetrate the black heart of this city. I closed my eyes, partially to try and block out the thought and partly to keep the sharp wind from bringing tears to my eyes. It had taken us about seven minutes flying to get there, leaving us little time to get the job done.

Batgirl had flown us right into the subway tunnel and had managed to get me onto the train. However, I still had to make my own way to the control car on top of the train while Batgirl took the low route inside the train. I kept my body low, as to not fly off the deadly train flying at incredible speeds. Looking ahead, I could see nothing blocking my way apart from the lack of stability. I kept my center of gravity low, as I made my way across the top of the train. Counting the passing time in my head, I was estimating just over five minutes until this thing flies straight into the blocked off tunnel and something VERY bad happens.

I was making my way across the top of the train, and was actually almost to the control car. This is far too easy. I thought to myself as a series of fireworks went off in front of me accompanied by circus music coming from the train speakers. I almost fell off the side of the train in being startled, but managed to gain a hold of the runaway machine.

Only to look up and get a glimpse of Harley Quinn. Her white pained face sporting a sly smirk as she wagged a finger at me.

"No, no, no honey! I cant let you poop on Mister J's Party!" She exclaimed, making one of the worst puns on Party Poopers. I have heard.

I drew my bow knowing I do not have time for this. I took aim at Harley as a explosion in the back of the train knocked my aim off. I fell atop of the train as I looked back in panic, but reasoned that Batgirl must be much farther ahead on the train, as I doubted she would be so far behind. Hostages however...no, there could not have been any...I hope...

It was then that I noticed that Harley Quinn was right above me, baseball bat in hand. As she forced it down I rolled out of the way and prepared a rope Arrow which I aimed just behind her as I fired. The arrow flew past her and embedded itself into the ceiling of the train tunnel, as Harley peeked over her shoulder to confirm it's miss she the looked back at me.

"Shame for you to miss your target so close hun." She taunted, just as this end of the rope wrapped around her ankle and the moving train jerked her up as she was forced from the train and she was now hanging by her ankle upside down in the train tunnel, harmless while she awaits for her police escort.

I did not say anything, but I congratulated myself on the small triumph, as I continued my way to the control car. I looked for a hatch in which to force open, but they were all hopelessly rigged closed. I finally maneuvered myself to the front windshield, the only thing keeping there the enormous g-force.

I could see that the only way into the cabin was through the windshield, and that there was one terrified girl in a wedding dress locked inside. Upon closer inspection, I could see several tanks of some kind of gas each one with a joker face etched into them. I picked up my communicator, as I contacted Batgirl.

"Batgirl, I found a hostage! Trapped in the control cabin, the emergency switch is..." I then looked inside the cabin, to see the switch destroyed with a note taped to what is left of it written in green crayon reading 'Bonne Voyage' The Joker's idea of a joke I guessed, as I had could now see that is who we are up against. Only I have not seen him, so that means that Batgirl will encounter him.

"The switch is useless, the train wont stop! If you dont know by now, its the JOKER in there! Watch yourself." I closed, as I tried to brace an arrow, but with the g-force behind me, I could not do I.

I instead pulled an arrow from my quiver, and began to slam the pointed end against the glass.

Never knowing that the gas would detonate should the windshield be destroyed.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:28 pm

The Starlight wrote:
The Rebel Alliances wrote:-snip-

Elena Galadera/Batgirl

One VERY bad day.

Rebecca Phillips-20 Yrs-Gotham City
I was waiting for almost ten minutes before I could see any hope of escaping this nightmare. My tears had dried up, as I had no energy left to waste on tears. But the evidence was all over my make up stained face. The black smudges cascading from my eyes as I saw a red haired girl who resembled a red Robin Hood land on the windshield, as she began to hammer away at the glass hoping to break me free. It was only far too late when she cracked the glass, the gas began to flow from the tanks. Thick green fumes filled the cabin as just after the Red Archer backed away. I collapsed as I began choking on the thick smog, clawing my way back to the door. I hammered away at the window on it as my fingers began to bleed from the assault. It was then that I saw her. The woman who was trying to be my salvation.

At first I thought she was the Batman, as my eyes were filled with water and my vision blurred I soon realized it was a woman. And her costume was white. Our eyes met and for a moment time seemed to stand still. On her face a look of determination and a strong will. On my own a involuntary grin and wide eyes, still filled with some humanity as my eyes contrasted the increasingly mad look on my face. My eyes, plead for my life.

I did not have to struggle long, as Batgirl was able to somehow break the door down. I dont really know what happened next, as she grabbed me up and flew me from the train and onto the platform. Landing hard I rolled from her arms and could make out nothing at all as teams of doctors, police and even the Batman had finally arrived. All standing around the aftermath of the whole tragedy. But the one sound I can hear is the laughing, the endless laughing. With no reason to it, no jokes told. It was just simple, and as the EMTs placed a mask over my mouth and began pumping oxygen into me. The laughing stopped.

Only then did I realize, that it was me. I was the one laughing.

And it was the first time I had laughed in years.

Several Hours Later-Gotham General Hospital

Rebecca lay peacefully in her patients bed. Asleep as she had been for the past 4 hours. The last moments of peace her life would have today. Batman and Batgirl both stood only feet away from the woman who was nothing more than a pawn in the Joker's latest scheme, his latest victim in a list growing far too long. Again, she is dressed in white, but now not that of a bride to be. But of a medical patient. Her doctor walked in carrying a file in which he opened and scanned over. Deep bags under his eyes from the work. As he pulled up a seat and sat down, presenting the medical case to the protectors of Gotham. He began by placing one hand on his temple in a massaging motion while he held the file in his other hand, sighing deeply.

"Rebecca Isabella Phillips, age twenty no significant history of illness. Physically, she will be fine. She wont suffer any blindness or any other physical handicap from the incident." His voice began to trail off, and Batman knew why. The Dark Knight then cleared the air.

"The Joker Gas always kills its victims. It targets the brain's controls on humor and facial expressions, putting them into overdrive. Victims are unable to stop laughing and eventually suffocate. Literally laughing themselves to death. Such a condition can have...severe implications on the mind and psyche, right doctor?" The man looked through his thick frame glasses and nodded.

"Precisely. The problem is, no one has ever survived and therefore we have nothing to check her odds of recovery against. It is only by God's Grace she is even alive. She should have been dead on the platform long before she got here." The doctor then looked at Batgirl.

"We all know you did the best you could, but she was exposed before you freed her. There is nothing you could have done." It was then the doctor stood up and walked over next to his patient as the machine beeped next to her.

"She will likely wake up in a couple hours. She is not in a coma. However, we have no idea exactly who will wake up. We have learned a little about the patient from her ID she carried on her. She was dressed in a wedding gown, as if she believed she was getting married today. The problem is, there are no weddings that happened today in which she was liscensed or even on a guest list. So, the police did some some asking around. They found that apartment neighbor believed her to be engaged to a Mathew Morris. Turns out he married a Rachel Kelly today. But, reports from Rebecca's neighbors have made clear that the two had some relationship, only she never knew that she was actually the one being used. Could you imagine showing up at what you believe to be your wedding only to find out the last several months were a lie? And then this happening less than two hours later?" The doctor went quiet for several minutes, then turned around to face them both. Then looking at the table next to the bed, where one would expect a get well letter or flowers from loved ones, only...it was empty.

"No significant living relatives. No close friends. Not even a pet. I know this may sound harsh, but as her doctor I want her to live. But if I were in her shoes...I am not even sure I would want to wake up. The woman she works for as a waitress is Rachel Kelly, so she is out of a job now. The only notable possession that was found in her apartment was a postcard of Metropolis, seems like she planned on moving there eventually.

It was then the doctor finished his assessment.
"Bottom line is, her own possible social and family issues, combined with severe PTSD and the Joker Gas could have and very likely made her crack. And I wont hold my breath for a recovery."

He then walked past Batgirl, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm so sorry." He said as he left Batman and Batgirl alone with Rebecca in the room.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:48 pm

Corinna Erastos-2,187 Yrs-Ancient Spartan Ruins

Still in my Phoenix form, the Hydra howled in rage and pain as it began to thrash its heads at me, attempting at every corner to ensnare me within it's fangs. The missing head still unable to come back from the seared flesh, rendering it's regeneration useless. My form however was far too agile and nimble to be captured by the overbearing beast. I weaved in and out between its heads as I swept upon another one and spewed flames into the eyes of the head. Blinded, the creature bellowed again as it swooped around and tried to catch me from behind like a clever predator. The creature made contact but I was able to recover before I fell into the angry ocean beneath me. It would not have mattered much, as normal water cannot extinguish the flames of the Phoenix, it still hurts. Trails of fire betrayed my position as I zoomed around the creature, I left behind evidence as fire trailed in my wake.

I began to realize that I could indeed hurt the Hydra, but I cannot kill the Hydra in this state. At least not yet, I will need to further weaken it. And so, I contemplated my other various forms, before I quickly confirmed that the only beast at my disposal was my newest one. The one in which I had slaughtered so many men to gain access to, I will ensure they did not die needlessly. As I began to transform, the clouds began to darken and the seas grew far rougher, nearing small tidal waves and rapidly rising as lightning split the sky. Slowly at first, the flames of the Phoenix began to die out as my form grew very long and serpentine. Unlike western dragons, no scales covered my body as a light teal fur began to grow and long horns protruded from my new cranium. As I became a beast in which many ancient Chinese would pray to.

A Celestial Dragon.

The new body is not a whole lot more tougher than that of a Western Dragon, but this creature of ancient myth is said to have god like powers over the weather, bringing rain in a drought and typhoons to cursed lands. I would turn the very nature against the Hydra, for if it can triumph over any force of man. It will not defeat any force of nature. The Hydra tried to retaliate but I was far too high above it. It can only rise so high, and I now ride the clouds. Directing lightning down upon it, the Hydra shrieked as it was electrified as unnatural tidal waves and even a typhoon battled against it. Soon, the very seas in which it depended had become a curse to it, as in time, the massive sea plague was washed ashore on the rocky coasts, whose rocks were sharpened by the sea to be like that of razor blades.

The fight was over, as the defiant cries of the Hydra began to die down and its massive soon to be carcass littered the shore, unable to return to the sea I finally had a sense of how large it was. Most of it's body was indeed normally submerged in water as it was easily larger than several Empire State Buildings. I set myself down next to it, returning to my human form with my armor magically returned to me. I had my weapons embedded in this creature in some places as I just followed there magical pull to find them, taking me well over an hour just to recollect my sword, spear and shield from the flesh of this creature. It's moanings the only background sounds as I made my way to it's central head...the only one still alive as all the others had died now. Not from being severed, so they could not simply sprout new ones. But from organ failures and mortal wounds.

I paced up to the last living head, raising my spear at the point of one of its eyes. Prepared to give the beast the mercy it deserved.

"My people believed a beast like you to be mythical, almost....god like. But there is nothing mythical about you, is there? You have a mind, a heart and a liver. If I were to take down one of these, I bring down a beast, dont I? The only solace I can offer you is this. With your death, your kind will live on...in me." I then thrust the spear deep into the creatures eye and piercing the brain, killing it instantly.

"Just like my people." I hushed while withdrawing my spear, Ares appearing next to me.

"You have done well Corinna, you are almost ready to herald my return." I did not face him as I spoke.

"What would you have me do?" I asked, tired of the endless plotting.

"Use this new form you have, with the Hydra and strike terror into the world. Declare that Ares exists, and he is returning. That to be saved, they must pray to me for salvation. Do this, and you will have your reward, and I will be strong enough to return."

"Then I suppose I do not have time to waste." I grunted as Ares seemed to smile.

"That is how a Spartan does it. Do not fail me, do not fail your people." He said finally before leaving once more. Alone once more with nothing but the Hydra carcass to accompany me, I was about to leave the area when I had a strange feeling inside of me, something in my gut telling me to wait.

I looked up in the dark sky, still storm ridden from the battle. As I ventured a short distance away from the corpse of the beast I rested myself upon a large stone. AS I had a feeling I was awaiting someone to arrive.

Courtney Dawes/Scarlet Arrow-19 Yrs-Gotham city

Due to the news coverage of the incident, making international news as anything regarding the Joker does. Oliver Queen tracked me down. I was sitting upon a roof top as I pondered what had happened. How we were unable to save the hostage, she was alive to be sure. But she will never be the same. I did not even hear the Green Arrow approach from behind me. He knelt down as I finally noticed him. "Not so easy to escape is it, Scarlet Archer?" I was surprised, I did not even stay long enough after the fact for the press to get my name. "You know-" He stopped me. "I know you." He chimed off in a noticeable accent. "I have been keeping tabs on you, a vigilante who uses the properties of a bow is rare. And I also have an idea of who you are, of course such information can be unsaid." I had actually tried to avert my gaze, as I was not really flying high on success right now. I had imagined he was ready to berate me.

"You have talent, but you need training. But you have been frankly quite stupid." I turned to defend myself but stopped, he was right. "You are not ready, and you have been out in the streets acting as a hero half equipped and even less trained. I know you believed you could get on the job training but that is simply dangerous and places lives at risk. So, I am going to give you an offer. Because I know you truly want to help, and you do have the capability to." He the stood up and motioned for me to do the same, and face him.

"This is the deal, you will either allow me to train you, and you wont so much set foot on these streets acting as a hero until I deem you ready. Or, you hang your bow up for good and return to your life."

I knew he was right, I have screwed up and now I need to make sure those mistakes dont happen again. I met his eyes.

"Alright, I will train with you." He looked down on me, and nodded in confirmation.

"I will be staying in Gotham for a while, and we will conduct a portion of your training here. Take some time and think about it to make sure this is what you want. I will find you tomorrow night." And with that he was off.

Alone with my thoughts I sat myself back down as I stared out at the city. Contemplating my future as Scarlet Archer.

Rebecca Phillips/The Jester-20 Yrs-Gotham City

My eyes, they feel so heavy. I thought to myself as I drearily woke myself up. I blinked hard several times, as I scanned my surroundings. A curtain around a not so comfortable bed. I am in a hospital. No one seems to be around at the moment, but someone cannot be too far away. I payed no mind to it though as I forced myself out of bed. The hospital gown exposing my backside as I stumbled around and used my hands to support myself on whatever I could lay them on. I eventually made my way to a window, as I stared into it, it is well beyond midnight, as I could tell by the moon in the sky. However, it was my own image that bothered me. The reflection in the mirror. It was not...me. My face was not defaced in any way, no hideous scars or burns. My eyes...they were...different...alien....these are....these are not my eyes! My hands explored my face as if something was changed, but the more I looked into them, the more I liked them. They were no longer sad or dependent...no longer mournful or helpless. They were, fierce and confident. They are mine now. They showed me who I truly am.

I began to crackle with laughter. Slowly at first, but with each passing minute I grew louder and louder. I soon attracted the attention of a nurse after I shattered the glass with a vase from a table, spilling shards of glass anywhere. The woman approached me from behind as she put a hand on my shoulder. "Mam, you need to return to your bed and rest-" I clutched a piece of sharp glass in my hand as I turned on her and placed it near her throat. She began to tear up as I shushed her.

"Shshshshshhhh, dont cry, smile and tell me something...." She nodded as I placed my lips right next to her ear and whispered almost in seduction. "Have you ever danced with a jester in moon's bright light?" And with that I began to lead her as we waltzed around the patient room. I was humming in her ear as she was choked up unable to say anything.

After several minutes I seemed to let her go. As she slowly backed away, scared to silence she took several steps from me, refusing to turn her back. I simply smiled at her as I waved with a finger. She then saw her chance to run, but as soon as she turned I grabbed her by the throat and began choking her. She struggled frantically, trying to force me off but it was helpless. As her body went limp in my arms and the color left her face I stood over her. I then kneeled down next to her, humming a cheerful song, knowing but somehow oblivious I just killed a woman. I began to remove her clothes, her name tag and placed the clothes on myself. I was about to leave but then turned around to see her, her final look was one of fear and despair.

"Well that wont do." I said to myself as I walked back over to her and began to mold her features into a smile, a soft one. But making the body appear as if she left the world with a laugh.

"There, there...my dancing was not that bad now was it?" I asked, speaking to the still warm body.

I stood up and excused myself from the room. Paying no attention to any of the few doctors and nurses who were patrolling the halls. Pacing right past a security guard, I finally walked out of the exit and into the warm Gotham night. People walked past me left and right, even at this hour. None of them seem to notice anything but themselves. However, I recognized some of the faces, they reminded me of myself. Just a day ago. However, not anymore as I began dancing down the side walk. Humming my own tune as I got myself lost in the city. Heading farther and further into the narrows of Gotham. Eventually I found a closed down carnival. I stopped in front of it, as I looked over the small gates.

My face cracked with an unnatural grin as I forced my way over the fence and did cartwheels into the Carnival. Briskly prancing past the dusty cotton candy stands and malfunctioning games. Getting ever closer to a large tent in the center of the carnival. I burst into the tent and dashed into what appeared to be a large circle where lions and clowns would put on performances to laughing and jeering crowds, a place of joy. Something I have only recently found in my own life.

I catapulted my way around the center ring and gave animated poses. However, growing bored I made my way to the dressing room, as I entered I saw racks of costumes and make up with hats and various dressing supplies. Mirrors of various shapes and sizes were scattered around as I found myself in a trick mirror in my nurses outfit. The mirror made me look short and round.

I then placed a hand on my backside.

"I knew these clothes made me look fat." I giggled as I spotted a pair of scissors on the counter, as I saw my long black hair I placed the scissors to them and began carelessly slicing and cutting. After the haircut I found myself some green hair dye and treated myself as I continued my transformation. I pulled some clothes from the racks and placed the oranges, purples and greens on me. Next I applied white make up to my face, red lip stick to my lips and black eye shadow around my eyes. But something was missing. I frantically threw things around the dressing room to find out what it was.

After a minute of searching, I found it. A beautiful purple top hat and a cane. I placed the hat to my head and finally looked at myself in the mirror. I was very pleased as I began to laugh at myself in the mirror.

Rebecca....Rebecca was dead....however who I am now needs a name. As I looked myself over I knew who I was now.

"The Jester..." I told myself. I then looked around my carnival again quite pleased with my new home.

"This place needs some life, but a little elbow grease wont kill me, cant promise it wont kill others though....hahahaha." I then caught sight of a sign, with a few alterations would be perfect.

"Welcome ME, to Jester's Lair of Laughs! And soon, Gotham will have VIP tickets to the zaniest ride around! However, it could not hurt to give a lucky few a sneak peak of what I am doing here, now would it? Mwahahahahaha hohohoho hahahahaha!" I unleashed a array of laughter into the dead of the Gotham night, as I made plans to introduce my beloved to the new me.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:47 pm

I was not dancing very long when someone had found me here. A somewhat taller woman with longer silver hair. She seemed to be dressed in a classical maids outfit. At which I allowed a cooed facial expression to appear, with which I slid next to her. "Oh, let me guess....the White Maid? Or is it the Silver Cleaner? Ya know, this place here could use some dusting!" I exclaimed with a giggle, as I seemed to forget about her while I went digging through some old machinery, trying to bring then some of the machines to life. "Oh well, what can I say a girl has to get her hands dirty before a show!" I announced as I never showed the slightest hint of being afraid of being discovered by someone, odd considering I just killed a woman. But, I then moved on to a shoot out game where I picked up a broken BB rifle and pretended to shoot pellets at the targets complete with "Pew, Pew" sounds. Then, I gleefully smiled as I picked up a stuffed teddy bear, as I handed it off to the stranger.

"Here, take this, I just cannot bear to have it anymore." I chimed with a dreadful dramatic voice at my own awful pun. But then turned to her, this time with a more serious face, or the best I could display at the moment.

"The gas, oh...yes. I suppose the Joker was all gassed out. Jokes on him now!" But at the mention of his name, a uncontrolled anger seem to take over as I slammed my cane against a stuffed animal display.

"But I WILL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH!" I screamed. "I will make HIM experience the KILLING JOKE!" I continued to wail. As it was now clear I wanted him dead as my cane smashed into a glass container spilling old candy all over the ground. It was clear I am highly unstable. He created me, he made me like this.

But it seemed reason had returned to me.

"So, why have you come here? You must have found me for a reason." I said, stroking the metal cane I was carrying.

"I KNOW! We can be the ENCORE for a BRILLIANT circus for Gotham! We can make this entire city flow with laughter!" I exclaimed, dancing around her.

"It is soo dark and gloomy, the people are so depressed and colorless here. It really is painful for an artist." I called, as I knocked over cans of paint and began slinging them across some of the tents. Painting them various reds, pinks and blues and greens.

"Ah, but one thing though!" I placed the cane over my shoulder as I skipped over to the woman.

"I have an...ex who needs to get a message. I need to drive him as CRAZY as he has me! I want him...." I then began pointing around the carnival, and then directed my left index finger at a broken roller coaster where a section had fallen off, spelling a terrifying death for any who ride it. "I will drop him off right there! Drive him right off that edge! I am sure he will enjoy the trip." I rambled, then turned with a questioning eye and holding out a hand to shake.

"So, you seem a fun sort, with a sense of humor. How about you help me make a real ex out of my ex and then we can do grand things in this city!? Think of what we can build! Or destroy! Oh, it will be so much FUN!" I said, awaiting for the woman to accept my offer.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:28 pm

Rebecca Phillips/The Jester-20 Yrs-Gotham city

After finding out my new partner's name I placed a hand of mischief over my mouth as if I had just learned a secret. "Queeny, I like the sound of that." I murmered as I did a court jester's kneel in front of her as I removed my top hat and held my cane behind my back. "You may call me, your Jester." I said, as I promptly rose to my feet and spun the top hat on the tip of my finger before returning it to my head. "Oh, this will be fun." I exclaimed, as I began running towards the exit in a zig zagging manner with my arms outstretched like that of an airplane, minus the sounds. I danced and hummed my way all the way to my ex fiance's home. Sure my antics caused endless amusement for Silver Queen. Once outside their door however, I looked around, confirming no one was around at this time of night, then pulling a bobby pin I picked the front lock and let myself in, opening the door for Silver Queen.

"Take what you please." I said in no effort to whisper when Matthew was sleeping with his new bride upstairs most likely. Or..not considering it is there wedding night. "What is mine is yours and what is his is yours." I chimed as I skipped up the stairs and slowed my humming down until I eventually stopped, as I could clearly hear, they were not sleeping.

The moans and breathing was growing quite rapid and louder as I identified his room. I then pulled a pocket full of firecrackers, and began stuffing them around the doorknob, less to open the door as I am sure it was unlocked, more for well....laughs. As I it them with a match, I stood back and pressed my fingers to my ears as they went off, smoke and fires beginning to start as I kicked the door in and threw both arms out like the cool aid man breaking through a wall.

Matthew was on top and had threw himself up after the commotion, not recognizing me at all at first.

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU! I'll, call the police!" Said the man who was only partially covered by bed sheets as his hand reached for a phone, where I slammed my cane into his hand breaking it. He yelled in pain as I almost climbed on top of him planting my hand on his mouth.

"Now dont tell me a groom does not recognize his bride on their wedding night?" His eyes then grew wide with fear as he realized who I am. I placed the curved handle of the cane around his neck and pulled him closer to me. He was visibly crying now, would be begging If I had not shut him up. I then shoved him to the wall and threw some clothes at his naked body.

"Cover yourself doll, me and you...are going on a ride tonight." His wife, my former boss on who he was actually cheating on while he was with me, without me knowing was curled up at the head of the bed. My eyes then connected with Silver Queen's.

"Queensy, why dont you take Rachel here and give her the punch line, wont ya hun?" Then we can both he ad back to the carnival before it closes with Mr. Spade here and have some jolly good times." Matthew then tried to beg for his life.

"Oh my god, Rebecca, I'm sorry, just...just-"

I violently slammed my foot into his shin and beat him with the cane.

"Dont you DARE interrupt ME! Do you know how hard it is to concentrate on the ACT when the audience wont SHUT UP!" I then gazed over the the whimpering man as I waited for Silver Queen to finish with Rachel so we could leave and move on with our lives. After removing the last anchor on my past.

Green Arrow had just left when the mysterious man appeared once again. This was bordering on stalking. I sighed heavily as he berated me, but I was in no mood for it. Last time a hostage was not harmed when we met. My eyes flashed at him, and in a manner very unusual for me I lashed out verbally. "And WHO are YOU, to speak that way to me!? What have you done, EVER DONE to make those powers of yours meaningful in ANY way? Huh!" With some fire in my eyes the assault continued. "You track me down over several hundred miles and presume to lecture me in anything? Well, at least I, someone with far less capability than you am actually trying to make a difference! What do you do with all of your power, and all of your strength? You do nothing! You, dont even deserve you skills and powers, what you have is meaningless if you dont use it. And you ignore all of the details around you, details that could need your help, details you can help. And all you have accomplished sense I met you is following me like a lost puppy! That all the people around you are to you, right, just details you cannot be bothered with." I then turned my back on the man. Showing I was done with him.

"The next time you decide to remove the splinter from their eye. Make sure you damn well have removed the tree from yours." AS I finished, I caught my breath. I never lose control like that, and I dont even know how it happened really. My face turned red, for the blood rushing to it from anger and humiliation. So, I kept my back turned. I wanted so badly to apologize. Even though I thought I was telling the truth, but I figured that I had said enough. I just need some time alone, and this man seems quite bent on denying that. I finally turned around though, preparing to leave.

"So, if you have anything else to say now...say it. Otherwise, dont bother coming to find me again. I will train with Green Arrow, and I will use what abilities I have to help people. So, did you only come here to insult me?" I asked, my eyes still appearing somewhat hostile, even if my tone had returned to normal.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:34 am

As Queensy restrained Rachel, I crept over to her with the cane firmly in hand. As I unhanded her and motioned to the door with a 'Shoo' hand motion. Rachel stood there, confused for a moment, but then believed I was letting her go, as she turned around. I cracked the metal cane hard against her head, leaving some brain matter on the cane and blood spatter on the walls. She fell to the carpet in a lump and then I bent down to her, and grabbed her up from behind and as I stoop up, I was holding her up like a puppet. With one arm attached to hers and my other arm handling the other one. Made easier that she was not a very tall woman despite her curved figure. I then began to control her body movement like that of a puppeteer, acting out some old time tragedy, I placed her hand gently on her bloody forehead as I imitated to the best of my ability the recently deceased's voice.

"Oh, another arrow through thy heart! For a Swan sings it's song, and a dreary note it is." It was then that I drastically switched up the style and directed her rolling head at the petrified man. Then moving my hands to her skull and jaw, to open and close her mouth rapidly as I made her talk.

"Well, this is farewell love. Not that there is much to miss." I then turned and hurled the dead body outside of a window sending her crashing about thirty feet to the pavement below. I stepped up onto the window sill and peered over at the pool of blood forming around the body. Then, turned my attention to Queen and the hostage.

"Well, I suppose she was just trying to see us to the door." I shrugged then laughed. "I guess that is our cue to leave." I lead the cast out back onto the street, still looking around and seeing only a homeless man a good ways down, asleep on the pavement. Electing not to steal the car as I did not want it traced to me, I simply commanded that Matthew 'Act Natural' as we lead him back to the carnival. Well as natural as one could look being escorted by a maid and a clown on a night that is not Halloween.

We eventually made our way back, with Matthew silently sniveling the entire way. I escorted him to one of the, barely functioning, roller coasters with a section of it missing a ways up ahead. I forced him to sit down in it as I strapped him in and jammed the restraints so he would be unable to escape. He had given up all manner of begging by now. Seemingly resigned to his fate. I then sat down in the seat next to his.

"Now, just as we always talked about!" I exclaimed. "A day at the carnival, a day just for us with rides, candy and laughs and oh those non existent memories, bleh." I said, pretending to throw up.

"Well, never too late for that one last ride now is it?" I then looked over at Silver Queen.

"Send us off darling, I want to see him off on his trip!" With Queen activating the ride. The car ride car began to jerk and shriek as the ride came back to life. Slowly starting to pick up speed. I then slapped Matthew on the back as we could look over the carnival. "Oh, look around! The lights, the joy and the crowds! Isn't this fun!" Of course, almost none of that was actually there, and the car began to move faster and faster as we weaved and turned around the rattling track, which seemed as if it was about to fall apart at any moment. But, I could begin to see the drop off which meant it was time for me to bail, and leave the man to his fate. As we came ever closer and closer, I stood myself up on the moving car, as I began to laugh at the adrenaline rush, of being right on the edge of safety and likely to die in a horrifying accident.

"Well dear, we must part! I shall bid thee farewell, and enjoy the ride!" I yelled at him over the sound of the noisy machine. Then, I leaped from the car and used the curved handle of my cane to snare a metal pipe and I glided down the rail all the way back to the carnival floor, landing somewhat roughly on my feet and turning just in time to see the rail car fly over the edge of the roller coaster. I then began to stroll back to Silver Queen and leaned up against her, placing an arm around her neck.

"Ouch, I hope he had collateral insurance." I mused, and chuckled with a laugh.

I then turned my head towards hers while placing a gentle hand upon her chin and turning her face to meet my gaze.

"So, Queensy, lets not get bored. I have had my fun, what would you like to do now?" I asked, satisfied with the work we had done so far.

Hector Gage/Dragoon-28 Yrs-Gotham City

"Graaagh..." I moaned as I began to wake up. A rattling on the door had stirred me as I scanned the remarkably rather empty and yet unclean apartment. My eyes caught sight of a digital alarm clock as I could see it was 3:27 in the morning. I began to shuffle under the sheets, as I was reminded of the woman in the bed next to me, a little drool escaping her mouth as she slept deeply. Too wasted from last night to wake up. The woman was my....girlfriend, if that is even the right word for us. I would just describe it as repeat hook ups. I lifted my feet off of the bed and set them down on the apartment floor. Knocking a empty bottle of beer under the bed. Not all habits are so easy to get rid of. Then, the knocking came again. And I willed myself up, turning a lamp on and sliding some dirty pants on and a wrinkled white t-shirt. "Aaargh, I am coming. Hold on..." I growled at the door as the woman between the sheets began to stir.

"Hector, who the hell is it...." I ignored the comment and simply opened the door, only to be greeted by the sight of two children. somewhere between the ages of 8 and 11. I am really bad at guessing ages. A boy and a girl(The two in the center), the boy wore a black t shirt with a long sleeve grey undershirt beneath that and matching shorts with a pair of dirty Nike shoes. The girl was about his same height, perhaps four feet...something and wore a pink top with a dark patterned skirt and black shoes. Both had raven black hair and brown eyes. "Dont the cub scouts stop selling cookies at like, midnight?" I asked the two in a smart @$$ manner and then continued. "Look, whatever you are wanting. You have the wrong room, there is a nice old lady about seventy who will buy whatever just three rooms down-" It was then that I was cut off by the boy, who I just noticed had a large that cascaded down his right eye. "We dont have time for this old man, mom dropped us off here and said we would be staying with our dad for a while." I took a step back. I was about to protest when his sister, a tough as nails looking girl handed me a note.

"She said to give this to you." She said in a rather commanding tone, holding the note outstretched as I took a hold of it. The woman who was occupying my bed was now dressed, and after hearing the conversation was sliding out of the door. Saying nothing, she wanted no part of the kids, and honestly. I wish I had an alternative. I stood there, blocking the entry while I read the note, and how it seemed that a girl I had dated in high school had gotten pregnant, and decided to not tell me about it. I mentally sighed, and then stood aside so they could enter.

"What a dump..." The girl trailed off as the boy scoured the fridge, taking a pizza box out and throwing a couple slices in the microwave. I then pretended that I was capable of taking care of two kids, even for a limited time. Sat myself down on my bed and asked their names. The boy allowed his sister to do the talking while he was content to eat the heated a;most twelve hour old pizza.

"I am Melody and he is Michael. We are twins, and mom says you are our dad. She said that you would take care of us for a while, while she went away. Whatever that means. She called you Hector?" The last part in the form of a question. "Yeah, thats my name." I confirmed as I yawned loudly and started to rub my eyes. "So, what do you do...for a living. Sell drugs?" I then gave a sarcastic laugh as responded to the girl's bad joke. "I am a garbage man, and I cook at a fast food chain." It was the boy's turn next. "Well, just keep your garbage hands off my pizza." He demanded before taking another bite.

I just may kill these kids.

I then did my best to direct the pair to sleep. "Listen, there is a bed in the back room with a television. Watch whatever you want but keep it quiet and go to bed. You will have to share a bed and I have work in a few hours. The two of you also have school tomorrow." Both kids gave me a disgusted look.

"Are you joking? Share a bed?" The girl challenged. I looked up confused.

"What? Your twins. Dont the two of you share everything?" The girl, who I could tell was going to be a pain in my @$$ answered quickly. "Oh yes, we just filmed a movie where we even share the same spot on a soccer team, and before that we made a film about switching places between two estranged parents to make a big happy family."

I then raised my voice. "Look, your mom left you with me so listen to your dad and go to sleep!" I ordered, regretting it afterwards. The two began to shuffle off, Michael already finished with his pizza as he had the last words.

"Mom may have left us with you, but you are not our dad." As the duo left me alone, I plumped myself down on the bed. Shifting my hand through my hair and rubbing my unshaven face I dropped myself back onto my bed. Thinking about the balancing act I would have to do.

Two jobs, patrols as Dragoon and now two spoiled kids who I am not even convinced are mine. Way to go Hector, way to fucking go.
Last edited by The Rebel Alliances on Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:33 pm

My lips drifted a little closer to hers as she said the word exciting. But before anything happened, I simply spun myself around and began walking away. Making grand gestures to the carnival around us. "This place is AMAZING! If we are going to be here, why not fix it up?! This place needs some color after all." I mentioned as I grabbed a bucket of paint and a brush as I began making random strokes on the equipment and various tents in bright green. "We needs lights, rides, candy and explosive fun!" I then made my way along with Queen as we went about adding our own touches to the carnival. I began to hit the light switches and smash into some candy containers, not eating them, just throwing them around like rice at a wedding.

I continued this little escapade as my mind drifted to my new partner. Something about her struck me as fascinating. The fact that she can even be around my loony behavior is reason enough to find her amiable but I began to think it was a little more than that. Alone all of my life, I have finally caved in and descended into madness. Although, I had still expected to be alone, only this time for more comfortable with myself. Only now, I realize that I dont have to be alone, that we were both together in madness. Both living the same bad joke, and laughing at it.

A smile crossed my face. As the realization hit me. I began to sing, with her just in earshot.

"We are two of a kind, violent, unsound of mind. Your the yin to my yang can't you see?
And if I were to leave you would grumble and grieve, face it Queensy you'd be lost without me."

As the tone of my voice carried louder I stopped messing with the wires and danced my way over to Queensy. Continuing my little song as the stereos in the carnival came to life. The music playing in the background I sang the song to flow with the carnival music.

"I'm just trying to show you just how well I know you, I understand just how you feel.
Threw you're reason away, cause you had one bad day and your mind let go of the wheel!

And you wont let this end, cause I'm your only friend, we are opposites but were the same."
As the music continued to play on I allowed my voice to trail off. As now I was curious about my friend. So, I naturally asked.

"You must have had a bad day you know, why else would you dress in a maid's outfit and play with knives?" I asked coyly. Then I sat myself down on a bench as I crossed my legs as I looked up at her.

"Why dont you tell me about you're bad day? I will show you mine if you show me yours ya know." Letting her mind take that however she pleased I rested myself as I decided to get to know my partner a little more intimately.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:07 am

Corinna Erastos-2,187-Spartan Ruins

After waiting in the rain for a while, a man had finally emerged and had shown himself. Not at all what I could expect though. As I looked him over, he seemed well, too casual. At least in his dress. His manner was something far different. He almost carried himself as one from centuries past. Although something about him seemed...familiar. But once I made eye contact, my mind flashed and I knew instinctively who he was. Yes, this man is a self made King. A real fairy tale. Born a typical citizen and rose to great heights. I kept my weapons sheathed as I approached him. "King of Ur, Mad Max they call you. One such as you cannot find the comfort of not being known." I then stopped, surprised by his kneeling and referring to me as the greatest warrior in the histories of the Gods. I was quite amused. "Being the Last does not always make one the Greatest, Max, however I do appreciate the sentiment." I then drew my sword and watched as the rain pelted it.

"You wish me to grant you knowledge of the Spartan ways of warfare?" I then motioned that he could rise. "I will assume you know the history of my people, our customs as well. To learn how a Spartan fights in battle is not simply knowledge. Or skill, you must understand the essence of what a Spartan is. It is not like karate or kung fu, something you simply train yourself to learn. It is a way of life, a Spartan was a warrior. The fight was to breathe, to battle, to live and to die by sword was more than duty but an honor." I then sized up the mountain of a man, clearly fit and physically able to learn any skill I am sure.

"I can see you are fit and strong. And your mind is as sharp as my blade. But, you are a king, a man above all others. And if you are like any king in history, you have the mentality of a king that it comes with. But, you have done an odd thing for someone of your rank and title. You have bowed before another and for that alone, I will attempt to instill in you what it means to live, and die as a Spartan." Finally, I drew a little closer.

"I will ask that you grant me one, of two things in return for this service, King." My voice then dropped as my tone darkened considerably. "I have lived for a long time. I have seen kingdoms rise and fall, and through all of it I have been adrift with out purpose. Alone, so I ask that if it is within your power, for you to gift me with purpose. Ares, has...attempted to do so. But I find it lacking to say the least. But if you cannot grant me a purpose for which to continue my cursed life. I will ask that you grant me the death worthy of my heritage. Am I understood?" I questioned the man. Certain that the cost was not too high for him.

But almost certain that he would be unable to grant me a purpose in which I find satisfying. After all, if my own God of War cannot find a cause that lights my heart and must bribe me with mortality, then what could this man offer me in return for my skills?

I listened to the comforting sound of Queen's laughter. Rolling my head back as she mentioned that she had not even shown me crazy yet I stated nonchalantly. "Oh, I doubt you could show me anything that, that man, has not." I could not even speak The Joker's name now, I found it so infuriating. Although it was, odd. As much as I despise him, and as much as I want to end his miserable life. I found myself in his debt, for freeing me from the madness that is sanity. I then began to drone to answer her question, as she so nicely put it I needed more than one bad day to get to where I am at. "Oh, I am not even sure I remember anymore. Sometimes I believe it happened one way, and then I consider another. Things like memories are always more fun in multiple choice." I said crackling with a giggle.

"But it really is strange isn't it? I mean, I was exposed to the Joker's gas but it did not kill me. I awoke and realized how mad life was. Billions of people waking up and doing the same things every day...with no thought to any of it. Or they keep themselves buried by society's rules and suffocate trying to remain 'normal' or starve to death by working for scraps when they could simply take what they need. My dear queensy, we are not the crazy ones. At least not any more." I then stood up in front of her and shot my arms out into the direction of Gotham.

"They are the ones who are INSANE!" I then turned around to face Silver Queen again.

"Of all I remember living in their world life was dull and grey. Terrifying even. I lived everyday in fear and alone. Hoping that someone would come and take me away. Well, the man who showed up in hindsight was...really unimpressive. The point is, I dont live in that world anymore. Now everything is music and color and endless gags and fun. Anything we want!" I then began to quiet down, as new possibilities opened up in my mind.

"What if we could free them from their madness, expose them to how life is meant to be lived? Free from all restraints and open to all whims! They are so like zoo animals, locked in a cage and scared to go into the unfamiliar. I then grew excited, sliding back onto the bench and pressing right up against the Silver Queen.

"We can do it. We can be the heroes of this city and rescue all of them from their dull and miserable lives! Let them see through our eyes, is it not so much more preferable? Dont you love who you are now compared to who you used to be?" I asked, now sliding my head onto her lap and looking up into her eyes.

"I know I do. I believe we are meant to do this forever." I said, closing my eyes but remaining very much awake. As I awaited Silver Queen to take her turn.

I seemed destined to not be able to sleep tonight. As I began to wake up just as the sun was rising. Stirring from my slumber I stood up, partially dressed after sleeping in my clothes and plodded off to the bathroom, letting out a groan as I relieved myself I brushed my teeth and had some coffee. Only after drinking half the cup did I remember the kids, as I picked myself up and wondered down the small apartment and to the back room, as I found them sleeping, both on the bed, but seemingly so afraid of accidently touching each other in their sleep that they were both near falling off the opposite ends of the bed, and the blanket was stretched to it's limit. Still, I have no idea what I will be doing with them, part of me wanted to hand them over to a foster home. But, something in the back of my mind told me that they needed to stay here.

Or that I needed them to stay here.

I knocked on their bedroom wall as I woke them up. "Wake up, your late for school." I mused as they began to complain under their breaths. I sat back down in the living room and dressed myself for work. Placing my cooks uniform on as I saw them exit the room, both dressed in wrinkled clothes but seemed clean. I sighed and led them out the door as I thought that I would now have to send their clothes to the cleaners. Walking out into the parking lot, armed with my sunglasses and the sun beating down on my unbrushed hair covered with my work hat. I passed by the lot and began walking them in the direction of the school when they stopped. Growing annoyed I turned around and inquired as to why they were waiting.

"Where is your car?" The boy quipped, looking around. While his sister chimed in. "Probably at the shop, I doubt he can afford to get it fixed though." I was now growing impatient.

"I dont have a car. But if the two of you keep messing with me I will be picking you up from school in the garbage truck I use at work, understood?" Not wanting to call the bluff the both of them hurried up and dashed on ahead of me. I was not worried, as long as I could keep them in sight. The quiet was a big help anyways.

As we walked on, I spotted a local school bully up ahead. Who began to tease Melody about her teddy bear backpack. However, he began to retreat away once he saw I was approaching. The fact that I looked like a recently released inmate likely helped. But at the steps of the school I looked over the both of them and wished them a good day and began to walk away.

"Wait, is that it?" I turned around, honestly confused.
"What? Do I have to walk you in?" I asked, blinking from behind my sun glasses.
"Well, you could act as if you gave a jelly bean crap and come inside to meet our teachers and wish us luck and all." I sighed and pressed my hand against my temple.
"So, what I am your dad now?" I questioned.
"No, but you are the man who is responsible for taking care of us until mommy gets back." I then grunted and turned around.
"I am going to take care of the two of you, and to do that. I need to keep my crappy jobs. The one where I am half an hour late for. How about this, I will let you go in now by yourselves and when I pick you up today, I will meet your teacher's then OK?" It was phrased like a question but had the tone of a statement.

The two of them shuffled their feet and mumbled an 'OK' and walked inside. I turned around as I looked at my watch. Seven twenty five in the morning. It would take me another fifteen minutes to walk to work, less than ten if I jog.

I began to break off into a light jog down the street, as I thought to myself. The morphing stone still settled in my pocket as I began to think about what my activities were costing me. My occasional patrols do not pay the bills and I with my recently discovered kids I cant risk losing my jobs.

Finally arriving at my destination I removed my sun glasses and prepared to cook meals far more expensive than most clothes I own. Moving into work I kept an ear open as the fine dining establishment was actually owned by a local crime boss. But even that, does not stop me from being reamed before work by my boss like any other employee.
Last edited by The Rebel Alliances on Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:53 pm

Corinna Erastos-2,187 Yrs-Spartan Ruins

This man, speaks like none I have ever met before. He truly is unique among mortals. I let a soft smile crease across my face but let it fade just as quickly. "Not many speak as you do, perhaps you have the essence of a Spartan within you already. It still must be molded however, a man of your age would have been trained in the ways of warfare since he were but a boy. As you know our history, battle and glory in war was our culture. All were soldiers and the women were expected to be athletes strong enough to be the envy of Greece." I then grew more serious in my tone. As I could feel Ares appear once more. "Corinna, what are you doing with this mortal. You have commands from your god to carry out. Have you forgotten our accord?" I then communicated with him via thought, as an attempt to hide the conversation from Max.

I have forgotten nothing. Do not tell me this man does not interest you. I have heard awe inspiring things of him, would you not desire to see how your last Spartan fares against this man? Possibly the greatest champion humanity can produce?

He then seemed to relent with some frustration. "Very well, you will have three days reprieve to do as you wish. On the condition, that once the time comes. The Kingdom of Ur is the first to feel the wrath of the God of War. Am I understood?"

Perfectly.

I then relayed the offer to the King of Ur. Hiding nothing as I told him everything. Ares now gone, he would not know I am betraying his trust to keep the order secret. He may be a God, but he is a weakened God and he cannot be omnipresent. Aside from that, I have feelings that he is behind the absence of Artemis, my true Patron God.

"I will train you, for three days to learn the ways of the Spartan warrior. But, I have been commanded by Ares that once that training cycle is done, that Ur be the stage which feels his wrath." I then let the words sink in. "By my hands." But as I took a step closer it was my turn to show a sign of friendship. So, I removed my helmet and spoke once more.

"I have thought about what you have said, that a man or woman must forge their own purpose. Well, for as long as I could remember I have resigned that role to the Gods, Artemis and Ares. But Artemis has long passed and Ares is desiring a War Path. So, I will take my first step into choosing my own purpose. And I dont know what it is yet, but I have a feeling that it is connected with you." A look f some concern crossed my face.

"But, once Ares learns I have chosen a new course. One that he has not set before me, he will retaliate. I am not his only weapon. So, I will train you, and you will lead me. And maybe, we can find a way to restore my mortality." It was then that we were approached by a woman who also seemed to be dressed as if she was from a similar time as me. With weapons and armor adorning her. As she introduced herself as Valka of Asgard, I returned the pleasure.

"I know not of Asgard. My...abilities" I am hesitant to call them gifts anymore. "Come from my people's patron Gods, Ares the God of War and Artemis Goddess of the Hunt. Only Ares still lives though." I then motioned to Max indicating to Valka who I am referring to. "I was just inclining myself to train this one in the ways of Spartan Warfare. But first tell me, where is Asgard? I have lived a long time and it is no place upon this earth." I said, as this started to become quite the gathering.

As I allowed Queen to speak to me with my eyes closed I listened to the words. Gently humming as we bonded. The more I considered it, the more I realized that she was a person in which I could connect with. More than simply understand, but actually feel connected to. My eyes opening, we locked gazes for a minute before a whim entered my mind. I leaned myself up to where our faces were only inches apart and I used my cane to pull her neck in for a kiss, my other hand starting at her shoulder. Then moving to explore the rest of her figure. Invading her mouth with my tongue my heartbeat began to move faster and I grew rapidly more excited. Feeling quite electrified at the moment, the only thing better would be to...well, actually be electrified.

Moving my hand from her shoulder, to her side and then circling her chest I became more aggressive as I continued to meld myself to her. Finally, I parted my face from hers and exhaled. "Better than a good punch line." I breathed. I was just about to go for a second round bringing my lips back up to hers as my stomach began to growl loudly. I then mused seductively. "Looks like it's time for a bite to eat." Then, pressing my lips to her ear I whispered a hint for later. "Lets savor each other later, shall we?" I tempted as I finally pulled myself away from her and dusted myself off. Then turned and offered a hand.

"Why my lady, we dont want to be late to supper now do we? I am feeling like....something far more expensive then we can afford." Leading her by the hand we exited the carnival and made our way down the various sidewalks until we came upon a fine dining establishment. A wide grin spread across my face.

"Now, that looks like something I can sink my teeth into." I said, pulling her towards the door. "C'mon, I am sure they have cheesecake that is to die for." Barging into the door I had begun to spin the cane around in my hand like a someone from dance line or something.

The man behind the counter almost turned his nose to us when we were spotted. Before I could even speak he tried to turn us away.

"Madams, I am afraid your....attire, is unsuitable for this establishment." I then stuck out my tongue.

"How rude, we have come all this way to eat and I am sure we can compensate you." The man continued to protest.

"It is not a question of money-" However, the stopped after noticing the blood on my cane. I then raised it slowly.

"Oh, whoever said anything about money? Queensy, compensate the gentleman for me doll." I said with a insidious dark tone just as the man realized just how much trouble he was in.

The work day passed slowly, every hour it seemed I would check the clock, only to lower my head once I learned that only fifteen minutes had passed. I finally got a break when hell froze over and spent it in a back room with a small television on a designated channel as I popped open a Pepsi. Turning the television on. As I leaned into a chair, I saw a news program about some charity organization started by Wayne Enterprises. At first I was uninterested, but the content quickly ensnared me, as Wayne Enterprises, Bruce himself in particular had promised the city of Gotham that his company would fund a program to put paroled citizens back to work and even education. As he said, part of the vicious cycle in Gotham, is criminals being released and then being forced to return to the same actions to sustain themselves that landed them in prison in the first place. Needless to say, I was interested. I took careful mention to take the information down and follow up on this the next chance I get. But a quick buzzer later, and I am reminded of how my break is over. And with that I left the television and returned to my work.
Last edited by The Rebel Alliances on Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:00 pm

I was rather amused by Queen's compensation, even if I was surprised she did not kill him immediately. She seemed the type, but I dont think she wanted to get blood on her outfit on a first date. I pranced over to a table as the man, quite against his will and under extreme duress found us a candle lit booth. By this time, we had everyone's attention in the building, but no one dared made a sound. No one moved at all. Sliding into the booth, I sat across from the Silver Queen and scanned a menu upside down. As I settled on the one thing I had wanted since I arrived. "Lie is short, so I will have dessert first." I then turned to the man and clapped my hands together as if summoning a servant. "I have been hearing a rumor that you cheesecake is to die for...well, I will be the judge of that. Bring me several slices of your finest slices and the most expensive bottle of wine you have." I then looked over at the table locking eyes with Queen. "And be sure to get my date here whatever she desires." Then with a quick wink after Queen ordered I sent the waiter off.

Still swinging the bloodied cane in my hands. I began to scan around as the band playing music had slowed down considerably and everyone seemed to be quite pale. This is something that will have to be remedied. I then stood up and approached the band slowly clasping my hands together. "Nononononono, this cannot be. We need life in this place, lets bring some life into this place! Lets ROCK this joint!" That alone was more than enough to get the band playing a far more upbeat tune. Something would could dance to, but that would have to wait.

I next made my way over to the cash register and pushed the cashier away with the cane as I opened the drawer and began scooping up the money, but rather than stuff it into my own pockets. I began to throw the money around the dining room. "Come on fellas, live it up, take what you want! No one will stop you! Ya see, me and my date here are running this club today which means everything here is ours! And that means everything here is yours as well! Take whatever you desire to your own content." I announced, expecting a roar of a response, instead I got silence. Not having any more of it I smashed the nearest vase with my cane.

"WELL GO ON!" That was enough, and men and women alike began taking what they wished, the band almost stopped playing until I pointed my cane at them, warning them to keep the music going. I the strutted over to Queen and jumped up on the table. Holding a hand for her to join me.

"So darling, shall we dance while we await our entrees?" I asked with a satisfied smirk on my face.
Last edited by The Rebel Alliances on Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:25 am

Charmera wrote:
The Rebel Alliances wrote:

I was rather amused by Queen's compensation, even if I was surprised she did not kill him immediately. She seemed the type, but I dont think she wanted to get blood on her outfit on a first date. I pranced over to a table as the man, quite against his will and under extreme duress found us a candle lit booth. By this time, we had everyone's attention in the building, but no one dared made a sound. No one moved at all. Sliding into the booth, I sat across from the Silver Queen and scanned a menu upside down. As I settled on the one thing I had wanted since I arrived. "Lie is short, so I will have dessert first." I then turned to the man and clapped my hands together as if summoning a servant. "I have been hearing a rumor that you cheesecake is to die for...well, I will be the judge of that. Bring me several slices of your finest slices and the most expensive bottle of wine you have." I then looked over at the table locking eyes with Queen. "And be sure to get my date here whatever she desires." Then with a quick wink after Queen ordered I sent the waiter off.

Still swinging the bloodied cane in my hands. I began to scan around as the band playing music had slowed down considerably and everyone seemed to be quite pale. This is something that will have to be remedied. I then stood up and approached the band slowly clasping my hands together. "Nononononono, this cannot be. We need life in this place, lets bring some life into this place! Lets ROCK this joint!" That alone was more than enough to get the band playing a far more upbeat tune. Something would could dance to, but that would have to wait.

I next made my way over to the cash register and pushed the cashier away with the cane as I opened the drawer and began scooping up the money, but rather than stuff it into my own pockets. I began to throw the money around the dining room. "Come on fellas, live it up, take what you want! No one will stop you! Ya see, me and my date here are running this club today which means everything here is ours! And that means everything here is yours as well! Take whatever you desire to your own content." I announced, expecting a roar of a response, instead I got silence. Not having any more of it I smashed the nearest vase with my cane.

"WELL GO ON!" That was enough, and men and women alike began taking what they wished, the band almost stopped playing until I pointed my cane at them, warning them to keep the music going. I the strutted over to Queen and jumped up on the table. Holding a hand for her to join me.

"So darling, shall we dance while we await our entrees?" I asked with a satisfied smirk on my face.

Silvey had left the man alive for much the reason Rebecca suspected, though also because she was in a good mood. She sat down with the Jester, perusing the menu. “I’ll have what she’s having, though hold the alcohol.” She herself was of the belief that it dulled the senses, and she couldn’t stand that. “Oh, and get me as much of your silverware as you can carry…” She wanted plenty of ammunition.

She then found herself watching as the Jester moved, almost hypnotized by her energy. She smiled, then frowned slightly as she noticed one of the waiters trying to pick up a phone, likely to call the police. With a deadly, yet casual flick of her arm, a blade was sent flying into the mans neck before he could dial a single number.

She then returned her focus to her date, smiling as she was invited to dance. She hopped on the table as she took her hand, drawing herself close to the Jester. “We really shouldn’t dance on the table, I would be a poor maid if I was so ill mannered.” She quipped sarcastically, she couldn’t care less about manners.

As I pulled her up onto the table to dance I began to laugh out loud. While music played behind us and crowds stole what they wished I knew this was only the beginning. The band was really doing an excellent job on the song. As I listened to it my body began moving in a animated way to the beat of the music. I spun her around on the table and then lowered her down before drawing her back up as we both seemed to throw all reason away I caught the sight our food approaching the table and so I pointed it out to Queens and then leaped from the table and sat back down in the booth. The cheesecake arriving along with the wine I ordered. Clasping the bottle of wine I shook it up violently before popping it's cork and spilling it's contents on the waiter. "Lighten up buddy!" I jeered as the man did not even make a move to wipe himself off, again likely to afraid to do so. He just slowly backed away while wishing us a good meal. It was then that I had failed to get a reaction from the man that I took a bite form the cheesecake.

"Mmmmm, this cheesecake really is to die for." I exclaimed, taking several more greedy bites as I finished the slice. I was about to start on a second slice when I saw a wealthy woman who had somehow managed to remain calm and sitting in the chaos scattered around her. "Hold on just one moment Queensy. I will be right back." I assured her as I scooped up a piece of cheesecake in my hand while I walked over to the woman. Who had managed to remain calm the entire time. I then jeered at the lady. "What has you so bored it seems." I then noticed her plate. Which was almost full. "By my goodness, you have not even eaten your food. Tell me, have you tried the cheesecake?" She crossed her legs. "No, I have not." I wicked grin spread across my face as I pressed the cane against her throat.

"Oh, I really must insist you do, its to die for." I informed her. I then used a hand to force her mouth open and began to shovel the cake into her mouth, it falling all over face. "Oh, dont worry bout gaining wait, you'll never have my figure anyways." I mused as she began choking on the cake. Finally finishing with my fun, I backed off as she began to cough up the cake and hunch over. "Well, dont like the cake huh." I then pointed at her. "We have a food critic over here!" But, deciding to leave it there I returned to my booth and to eating my own cheesecake.

"So, are you having as much fun as I am?" I asked, wondering if I managed to entertain Queensy as well as I entertained the club.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:12 pm

Corinna Erastos-2,187 Yrs-Spartan Ruins

The presence of the Asgardian did not last long as she left once trading words with Max. I kept out of it, while I found her interesting, I did have an accord with the King. After she was away I turned to the king. "Well, we should get started then." I stated as I gripped my spear in hand, the Hydra's blood still clinging to it. However, the rain still falling and no signs of it letting up I began to wonder if we should relocate before we began. I then voiced the opinion to the King. "Of course, there must be a more suitable place to start your training. Someplace secluded where you will be free of distractions." I recommended, but not for the cause of the poor weather. Every time I glance around these ruins, I see the destruction as if it was yesterday. I would not have come back here today had Ares not commanded it. As I awaited a response I did my best to block out the memories of that day. The burning fires, the screaming families and the rivers of blood down the streets. I then turned to Max. "So, do you have a place that fits the description?" I asked eager to escape this place.

I had left the man with his own thoughts. As I was found by Oliver Queen and began my training the next day, he led me through the halls of a large warehouse he owned in Gotham, as he was going to equip me with the weapons I need in my training. There were large cases stacked all around, I was not really sure how they were organized, but we were not dressed in our 'uniforms' per se and were instead dressed in civilian clothes. "You will need a lot more than the arrows you have if you plan to be successful. Me and you, we dont have the advantages of someone like Superman or Wonder Woman. We must make do with agility, stealth and some...improvising. We cannot afford to hesitate or make mistakes." He explained, as he uncovered a case and revealed the arrows within. "We have EMP arrows, Rope arrows, Boxing Glove arrows, explosive arrows, taser arrows and smoke screen arrows. Anything you could ever need." I picked up a famous boxing glove arrow and held it between my fingers. I actually did not see the boxing glove and all that was at the end of it was a round cylinder which popped off after I shook it from which erupted a boxing glove.

"Amusing isn't it?" Oliver asked me with a chuckle. "It is." I said in some admiration. He then told me to collect an arsenal of arrows and after I did so he closed the case and escorted me to a large room with an obstacle course. He then turned to me as I let the sight of the course hit me like a truck. "You will use what you have to complete this course in less than five minutes and wont stop until you do." As I contnued to gawk at the course, I asked why we were not starting with something simpler. "Why not begin with marksmanship or something?" I questioned. He then sharpened his tone.

"Normally I would start that way, but you do not need it. You are already an expert marksman and so that is not your problem. Your problem is maintaining composure under stress, simple inexperience. But inexperience cannot be allowed in the real world. And so, you will gain that experience here. Understood." I nodded. "Of course." I said, as I began placing the bows in the quiver across my back. Then preparing the bow I held in my hands, it's warm red cherry surface was satisfying to hold. Almost comforting.

I moved over to the start of the course, as I looked ahead at what obstacles awaited me. There was a long and narrow 'bridge' over a rapidly shifting array of platforms as well as a high wall on the other side with boxing gloves randomly jabbing out of it to foil any attempts to scale it and beyond that I cannot see what lies in store.I dashed on to the course armed with my bow and desire as I set about proving that I could become more.

Hector Gage/Dragoon-28 Yrs-Gotham city

The school day was finally wrapping up and I was on my way up the steps of the learning facility as I opened the door crowds of kids began to file out into the hallways as I scanned the sea of faces for my own two kids. Now dressed in my for now clean garbage man uniform I finally found there room and their teacher. Once they saw me I could see on their faces that they could not believe I actually brought the work truck to pick them up. "Relax, I did not bring the truck." I informed them both to their relief. The teacher, a woman in her mid thirties about approached me. "So, you must be Mr. Gage." I shook her hand. "I am." I confirmed as we exchanged formalities. I then looked over at Michael and Melody as she sat me down. "Go wait outside the classroom. This will only take a minute." I assured them, as the shuffled out of the room.

The teacher was a rosy lady with red cheeks and pale skin. Her red hair was quite curly and her face decorated with freckles. "Mr. Gage, I do have some concerns for your children." She started off saying. It was easy to see I was displeased already, as I would now actually have to convince her I know what the hell I am doing.

"Your kids are very bright." She predictably began. Great, the standard crap. Bright kids but pains in the ass, at least I am not the only one. I thought as she continued. "But they are already displaying some behavioral concerns which can really hurt them. Michael has a problem disrupting the class and does not seem to take authority very well. He has seen the Principal today and it is only the first day. He was using...foul language and was written up. Has he picked this up from home?" She asked as her eyes narrowed. And then she looked around. "I am sorry, but could there mother not attend?" I shuffled in my seat.

"There mother is, gone. I am there sole caretaker now and I work two jobs. To be honest, I dont have the time to oversee all they watch on TV or who exactly they associate with. But, I will speak to him about his language and I assure you this wont be a problem in the future." She did not seem convinced, as she seemed to be reminded of a student of hers giving an expected answer to avoid being here longer. In a way.

That is just what it was.

"Ok...about Melody, her issue is not the same, but she seems entirely uninterested in doing her work. She has not even put her name on a piece of paper today. Also, she has drawn this in class, I would like you to tell me what you see here." She handed me a very well drawn picture, and I was very surprised at the skill of the drawing. But the picture was disturbing.

It was of her falling from a cliff.

"Needless to say you need to talk to her. And Michael." She then rose from her seat. "These are two very bright kids, a couple years ago they were much different in the lower grades. I knew there mother back then, and she did the best she could. They were all happy. I dont know who you are or what happened to their mother, but if I dont see a change in their behavior soon, and if I feel like they are not being properly cared for. I will ensure that they are moved to a safe location by notifying the authorities. I have never seen you with these kids before, but if you actually are their dad. You need to start doing your job." I was about to say something when she made clear the meeting was over. And so I left the room and she closed the door behind me. Looking down at Michael and Melody, I nodded and signaled that we were leaving, the halls now empty.

"Come on, we can talk when we get home." I said as I tried to convince myself that I was a better option for these kids than the system was.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:41 pm

The rest of the date went as well as holding a entire building hostage could go. we were on our way out as I was greeted by the cool air of the early morning. Although having been up for about twelve hours now, I was not all that tired. And so we headed back to the Carnival. "You know, I must admit I am surprised we have not encountered any of the native Gotham wild life." I said as I began flapping my arms in a bat like motion. "They say the native bats here are quite large, hideous too I am sure." I giggled as we returned to what was becoming our home in the Carnival. Our stomachs full from the meal earlier. But as I considered what we would need, I knew that we would need some more muscle. "you know Queensy, we could really use some hired help around this place. It is not lady like to do the heavy lifting ourselves ya know." I added. "Perhaps we could convince one of the local gangs around here to give us a hand?" I suggested. "We will need some more firepower to take on the Bats, but I can make use of anything in a pinch. Knives, explosives and gasoline all work nicely but having some real firepower behind you just feels reassuring." I really wanted to make sure we had enough to accomplish whatever we set out for.

I then turned to Queen. Knowing that she has been in the mad world longer than me and guessing she has been on the other side of the law far longer than I also. So, I should turn to ask her opinion on how she wants to proceed. "So my dear Queen, do you have any resources you have acquired? What do you think we should target first or try to secure?" I then rolled my head. "I am normally not one for plans, things are so much more exciting and fun when you just go with the joke. But, I suppose that is why you are here right?" I then gave a crazed grin. "To make sure I dont blow myself up in the process of putting on a show." I mused, as I found a dusty chair and sat myself down upon it.

I then turned my cane over in my hands.

"Yeah, I do have this. But I have a feeling I will need some knives, guns, bombs and lots of flammables. I am a little on the low side of cash as well. We could always take a bank and purchase what we need. Or just steal it directly. Either way should be fun." I thought out loud.

I then finally locked my eyes with Queen while resting my head in my hand.
"So, how will we proceed with the show my Queen?"

Corinna Erastos-2,187 Yrs-Meditation Room

I grabbed on to the man as instructed as we were transported to a large room in which I felt it was too bright. Lined along the walls were a array of devices and trinkets which were alien to me. I must have seemed quite out of place here, the lights everywhere and cutting edge inventions caught my attention. I approached a device and began to marvel at the technology. Finally beginning to understand how Ur has become such a powerhouse in the world today. I then began to lose myself in thinking, although I was thinking out loud as I spoke to Max. "I believe I am finally understanding the significance of you kingdom. Living for so long and seeing so many nations rise and fall I have become detached from world affairs, as they seem so fleeting to me." I said, as I put the device down. I then laughed to myself. "The world really has changed in two thousand years." I said as I began to analyze other devices.

"In my day, Sparta was far past it's era as a Superpower in our world. We were declining and Rome was on the rise. The greeks were divided, as they have been since the dawn of time. And weary from battling among themselves, we were unable to effectively resist the Roman Legions. Although, like Ur, they were a technology wonder, while we withered away. I had visited Rome as a attache to a Spartan diplomat. While our culture, our history, our very being was dedicated to glory in battle. It was not enough to surpass the superior technology and tactics of the Romans. And so Sparta was doomed to fall into the abyss of history. A footnote of which people pay no mind to." I then turned to him.

"Ares has even offered to bring my people back if I were to succeed in his mission. I had believed that to be my purpose. But to be honest, I do not believe..." I then closed my eyes, remembering my days before my immortality. "My people would not fit in this modern world. We have truly become obsolete, meta human and mutants aside. A world where technology is the law, and that is the measure of power, rather than the defense of a shield or a resolve of a spear. Now, cities can be blasted into nothing more than a memory with a push of a button. Modern firearms can kill a man from miles, and supers can wipe out entire legions with a thought." I then walked over to the center of the room.

"There is no place for the Spartans in the world of today. A people defined by honor, physical capability and courage in battle. Such notions have died off. I suppose it is better for my people to remain in the past." I commented, sliding my hand across the smooth surface of one of the displays. My mind then flashed back to why we are here in the first place.

"That is right, instead of rambling I should be training you." I then turned to him, trying to redirect the conversation. "So, where is the meditation room you were describing to me. We should start immediately, three days will pass quickly. I should know, I have seen too many days go." I smiled at my rather bad joke. Awaiting to be shown to the room we will be using.
Last edited by The Rebel Alliances on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:14 am

As I listened to Queen, I knew she was more experienced in these things, but I was really not liking the thought of robbing a bank. It is just sooo...typical. So damn boring. I tried to think back, to the days before becoming the Jester, as I remember hearing about a local Mafia Boss, one they say has more strength than Maroni. The more I thought about it the more I liked the idea. Yes, something far more exciting. And far more fun, mostly dangerous but still will be fun. I spawned a wicked smile on my face as I eagerly informed Que en about my plan. "Ya know, I have heard rumors about a new head of the Falcone Family. They hold a lot of power in the underworld of Gotham. Perhaps-" I trailed off for a dramatic affect as I began to lick my lips in anticipation. "Rather than rob a bank and then try to purchase weapons and resources form the underground, why dont we just cut out the middle man and...take the Falcone Operation for ourselves?" I then sprung to my feet as I began to laugh. "Think of it, we would have everything we would need to do whatever we want, and not have to buy anything! Plus, taking on the Falcones will be good practice before we go up against the Bat and the Joker." I said, as I stuck my tongue out at the mention of Joker.

"After that we can use the Falcone's resources and convince the other major crime bosses to fall in line. Pretty soon, we will have an army to do our will. We could then use that army to spread joyful chaos around Gotham, while we locate the Joker. I want his recipe for that Joker gas, if I am going to make a variant of it." I informed her. "And once that is done and Joker and Harley are..." I allowed my voice to drop as I began to smash a case of stuffed prizes. "TERMINATED!" I howled as I began to exhale deeply and recollect my breath I started again. "Then we can focus on the Bat, and this city." I stated simply. I then began to strut around in front of Queen as I spoke. Making overly grand gestures.

"Ambitious, I know. But me and you babe, we have talents." I said placing a hand on her shoulder and propping my chin on her. "You have a way with knives and metal. Meaning you are never without a weapon. And I..." I then jolted up and struck a match against the bottom of my shoe and then dropped it on the ground in front of me. The match landed in a trail of kerosene which I had poured while I was just strutting around moments ago, disguising action with slide a hand. "I improvise." I smirked as the river of fire engulfed a small tent ahead of us, quickly burning ablaze as I sat down next to Queen and watched it.

Finishing the proposition, I sat back and peered over at her.

"So, what do you think my Queen? Between you and me, this will be a class performance." I stated with confidence. Feeling as if there was nothing in the world that could stop us.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:24 pm

Corinna Erastos-2,187 Yrs-Somewhere in Ur

New Neros wrote:The Mad King looked around his own technology room, one of many more around the complex, but this particular one more like a workshop than anything. However, his eyes trailed over the Spartan woman. Seeing her in this sort of light was rather...strange though. Something was tugging at Mad Max's physical and mental well-being, something primal and instinctive as well. He looked down. almost ashamed of himself - he was attracted to Corinna. Something about her admiration and appreciation of his inventions and devices, his nation, and even himself. He was conflicted, though, as this feeling was much the same he had for Valerie. However, he brushed them aside completely, and piped up as Corrina spoke to him.

"Ah, yes." He said, "Right around the corner." He said, gesturing for Corinna to follow as he left the room. True to his word, Mad Max rounded a corner and walked directly to a door - it sliding out of the way as he approached in a glorious fashion. Within the door was yet another series of doors, but these seemed more intricate and filled with technological buttons, lights, and such. The entire room was just those two doors, and he turned back to Corinna. "My Meditation Chamber. In here, I can simulate the effects of days passing by in mere minutes, even seconds if needed, as well increase and decrease gravity. It contains stores of my own energy reserves as well, meaning I can visualize past opponents and even conjure ones up for physical exercise."

Maxwell moved over the wall and placed his hand on it firmly, a control screen flipping around as he did so. "Three days, correct? We can be provided with all we need, or absolutely nothing should we choose." He further declared, pressing some more buttons briefly. "There we go. All set up and ready." He approached the twin doors and they too slid open, a bright white light and some fog emerging from within. "After you, my teacher."

I paced around the room as I finally entered the area in which we would be training. The large and rather clear room was empty of decorations or distractions. I gave a slight smirk as I took in the sight. Finally arming myself with a spear and shield in hand. I have never actually trained anyone in the ways of Spartan combat. As they say, there is a first for everything. As I prepared my weapons, I turned to him, wanting to give a final warning before we started. "This training will not be soft or kind, such is not the way of a Spartan. Injury is not a possibility, but a certainty." I stated as a matter of fact. "Spartan training was not known to be kind, and a focus on the regimen was to ignore pain." I continued to explain as I moved on to the topic. "Regardless, the fighting style of the traditional Spartan soldier, may be obsolete today, but it has its uses. I doubt you will be carrying a shield and spear into battle, and so you will instead be learning principles of Spartan fighting, rather than a strict teaching of Spartan Styles. Even my own combat style is altered heavily combing my abilities granted by the God's along with fighting techniques. Your's will be much the same. To focus you raw talents and teach you a fighting style that is raw power and brutal technique personified." I then raised my spear in his direction. "Well, then, arm yourself if you are prepared, King." I ordered, anxious to begin the first lesson.

But, I had caught a familiar glint in his eye, one that over the time I had become far too familiar with. The type of look in which one soul connects with another, and most would call such a look one of affection. But I know such a thing cannot exist between us, in fact, this is part of my curse in being immortal. Love, cannot exist for one such as I. Doomed as I am to see my friends, allies and lovers wither and waste away. "I do trust you know that it is best if we keep this, professional, as they say. I dont need to remind one such as you of the fool's quest of falling for one doomed to eternity." I then gave a sarcastic smile and shifted my hips ever slightly, in a unusually feminine body movement for myself. "Of course, eternity may may be very long if you are unable to provide a purpose worthy of a warrior as old as I." I giggled. But when the moment for a laugh passed, I returned to my stance.

"So, let us begin." I announced, as I immediately lounged forward and into the attack, thrusting the spear at what would seem like an effort to mortally wound my opponent.

I grinned sharply. "It is settled then, a PLAN! EXPLOSIONS! SCREAMS! CHAOS! LAUGHS!" I then rolled my head back as I howled with laughter as I gripped the cane in my hands. Then turned sharply to Queen. "Well, let us not delay, excitement awaits!" I tempted as I dashed off into the distance. Leaving the carnival behind, I could not help but notice how people began to actively avoid me on the sidewalks. I made a couple fake outs at a few people, where they would jump back on reflex and I would respond with wild laughter. "Every time I tell ya." I was making my way, with queen behind me rather oddly through the city, no real sense of direction, as I took odd turns which seemed to be random. But I knew exactly where we were going.

I passed by a few of the homeless of Gotham in a alley way huddled around a fire trying to stay warm at night. Taking a peek over in their direction I quipped off to Queen. "Do you see what I mean? The people of this city go along with their comfortable lives as if all is well. But the Bat does little to help these problems. All of this, everything that they believe their rules uphold, their precious laws..." I then placed my face in my hands. "Its all a monstrous gag, a demented joke. These people see through the illusion, but why are they not laughing? This city's people would not know a good joke if it bit them in the funny bone." I claimed. As I continued on down the path. Until passing a establishment in which caught my eye.

An animal shelter. The place was closed but, that has not stopped me recently. "Lets take a look at what is in here." I mentioned, as I smashed a window before allowing myself in. My steps sounded quite loud in the rather quiet building, but things soon livened up as the screeching and barking of various animals sounded, warning any security guard unlucky enough to be working this shift to my presence. But, as my eyes centered on one cage, I payed no mind to any of it.

"Oh Oh Oh, I have to have him!" I piped up as I skipped over to the cage, with a very depressed monkey inside. While every other animal barked away, the monkey remained rather silent, that is until I opened his cage, and he jumped at me, or I thought he did. Instead he targeted a security guard behind me with whom he assaulted mercilessly. I turned to look at the monkey with glee. But before the beast could harm the man fatally I moved over to him and shoved him in a large cage, in which he seemed to believe I had saved him.

But, the truth soon dawned on him as he heard the snarls of the lions behind him and the clank of me locking the cage. I then turned and shot a wink at Queen while the screams of the man being ripped apart by captured zoo animals behind me painted a great musical score. The now freed monkey rapidly climbing upon my shoulder as I showed him off.

"So, Queen, what do you say? Can I keep em?" I asked with a spark in my eye.

Hector Gage/Dragoon-28 Yrs-New York City

New York, I had not been here in a long time. It actually reminds me of Metropolis somewhat. In fact, I am surprised to be here at all. I walked the streets by myself, but I was not alone in the city. Michael and Melody were here as well, as I could not leave them alone in my home and I still need to speak to both of them. Walking down the sidewalk, I heard sounds of fighting in the distance. Having just left the twins at a tour guide before dismissing myself, I began to dash down the street as I moved myself closer to the sounds of the struggle. Embracing my Morphing Stone, my armor encased me as I flew off into the air, easily tracking down the source of the battle, seeing a group of three, two woman and a man take on a demon. Hovering nearby, I shot off two energy blasts at the demon or alien, whatever it was. Enough to make my presence known, but I withheld on actually saying anything for now. Needing to wrap this up so I can get back to the twins.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:12 pm

Corinna Erastos-2,187 Yrs

As my spear sank into the Mad King's shoulder I could feel the tearing of flesh against the man as I inflicted the flesh wound. But, this man continues to surprise me. As I had expected he was able to avoid a death blow armed with his own skill and instinct, but that will not be enough. Spartan training is not intended to guide by the hand but to learn and adopt quickly, or be killed. His enemies will not use restraint, and neither should his teacher. One learns most and adopts best, when their life is at stake. For without fear of death, what will drive us forward? This also goes for myself, as it is possible, however unlikely that he will kill me as well in this exorcise.

To be killed teaching another, now that is not how a Spartan is meant to die.

The man in front of me, as large as he is I was prepared to be able to out maneuver him. His girth has belied his speed. The man rocketed at me and was advancing with a powerful possibly fatal blow in a direct attack. However, he is sorely mistaken. I will instruct him in a fundamental in combat. I lowered my bodey and center of gravity and tucked myself behind the large sanctuary of my shield. As I waited until he was directly atop of me I sharply raised my form and used his own speed and momentum against him. As I used the shield as a fulcrum to propel him quite literally over me, as he was sent flying overhead behind me as he landed roughly behind me.

The warrior to be did not have much chance to recover through, as with natural instinct I placed myself behind him and drove the edge of my shield into his back as it's own weapon. Throwing him violently on his stomach and onto the ground, his arms displayed out to both sides as he struggled to regain himself. I then handled my spear firmly in hand as I saw Max turn his head for his eyes to meet my own, as if he was trying to verify if I had ceased my attack.

I had not, I then thrust the spear upon him at a fatal position, but stopped the strike just as the point of the weapon broke the skin. As I uttered one word.

"Dead." I then drew the weapon back as I backed up several paces, allowing him to regain himself.

"Again." I said simply. As I wont bother explaining the lesson he should have learned form the last bout. I will not baby sit a king. He will learn or he will die. The warrior's way. Also, I will not insult his intelligence. As he stood up and collected his breath, and as well rearming himself with another summoned weapon. I do not have to explain that you should never directly attack a shielded enemy, not now anyways. I trust he has learned the lesson through the failure of the attack, but we shall test it now.

Without signalling a 'Go' we began again. I maintained a more defensive posture as I once again allowed Max to make the next opening move. He seemed still, calm as the shock of the failure seemed to wash away. Like a chess player who simply moved on from one failed tactic and considered his other options. It was then that the man summoned a katana. A...odd move. But I could sense what he must be thinking. He will attempt to outmaneuver me, and work around my defense to bring me down up close. The man charged once more but propelled himself to my right flank, where my spear hand was, as he quickly stepped in and took a single slash in which he cleaved right through the spear. The man then continued his drive and launched a flurry of slashes with the katana in which I was forced to retreat tactically as I drew my short sword.

By our own weapons, it was clear I was at a disadvantage and we glanced several blows in which sparks flew from our blades as we danced around each other. His blade curved its way around my far shorter sword and slashed open the top side of my right hand. To seeming no effect, I stepped to the side as he made another slash as I let it pass underneath my arm and then closed myself around his arms, trapping them. Then, I splashed my own blood upon his eyes blinding him as I swept his thigh with my blade as he dropped down to both knees and enclosed my sword upon his throat.

"Dead."

The simple lesson here? A man cannot defend himself if he cannot breathe, see nor stand. And thus he dies. And I, with very few moves managed to disable all of the factors in seconds, effectively making most men living casualties. However, such would not be enough alone to keep Max down. I backed away from him and motioned for him to stand.

"Again." I muttered, as Max slowly stood up, strangely not the slightest hint of rage upon his face or frustration. In fact, a seeming look of enjoyment seemed to replace his thoughts. His eyes closed for several moments as we both stood several paces apart. The man spat blood from his stained lips as he pondered what to do next. Which only took a moment when I saw the form of a boisterous mace form within his hands.

He seeks to remove my shield from the equation, once again logical but...well...we shall see how it goes. A simple mace has never destroyed a Spartan shield. Not even one of the size this man wields. However, once more the man wasted no time, even with his injured leg he blasted into the attack as the mace hung above me, but he did not aim for me.

No, the man simply aimed upon the ground around me, slamming the mace down with such inhuman force that the ceiling above me immediately collapsed. My eyes shot up as I quickly dodged backwards but being forced to remove my eyes from him, he blitzed my left flank, plowing into the shield and grabbing it with a firm grip, before forcibly removing the ultimate defense from me and the immediately plowing a powerful kick into my gut.

I was sent flying backwards as I slammed into a wall and once more the mad king launched into the attack. This man seems to like to maintain the momentum. Armed only with the short sword now, I forced myself up as I thrust the blade in the direction of his chest. Stopping the attack just short of his beating heart and he, ceasing with the mace hanging over my own face.

A draw.

At first my eyes remained sharp and locked on his own as blood and sweat poured form both of us. But with all of that done. A smile emerged, and then some laughter. I lowered my weapon as I stood straight once more.

"You truly do possess the spirit of a Spartan, perhaps you were in a past life? You have effectively used diversion, speed, power and cunning to gain an advantage over a opponent who is your tactical superior and that, is what you have learned. That is the Spartan essence in which you must grow. That failure will be your teacher, that need will be your arsenal. You must hold nothing back, not your strength your cunning or your arsenal. End fights as quickly as possible, target the vitals either with deadly force or a more...disabling touch. If you do this, I will either assure you victory or the most glorious death." I then sheathed my sword and used the magical properties of the spear to reform it whole again as I collected the shield, but removed my helmet.

"So, is there anything else here for you to show me or anyone else to meet? As far as I am concerned, you have learned what you need from me. For you have not gained the spartan fighting style, but something far more valuable. The essence which drove our armies to victory."

Hector Gage/Dragoon-28 Yrs-New York City

After the demons and dragon that spawned had left the area, and the alien pursued them, I touched down atop of the building within my armor and approached the woman. I inspected her from behind my mask, to see if she had suffered any major wounds, rather than just ask her. To her mind it may have seemed as if I was ogling her. But, with me quickly deducing she had no serious wounds I decided to introduce myself, as I know she will not recognize me. I am no Batman after all. "I am Dragoon. Saw the disturbance a mile away...so to speak." She was attractive, but that was lessened by the sheer amount of obvious stress upon her face. I saw her as if she had been through a train wreck right after her house burned down and her dog was run over. In short, a very bad day. It was when I was examining her, I noticed her I noticed her strange arsenal. A otherworldly gun and gauntlets. "Those are very...unique weapons miss?" I started as my mind began to ponder exactly what this woman had gone through.
Last edited by The Rebel Alliances on Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Fri May 08, 2015 5:59 pm

Daniel Carter/Sentinel-32 Yrs-Gotham City(Universe 7's)

I hovered over the various lights and monitors of the display. Another world has somehow emerged over our own. Only it was our world. The only logical explanation was that this was another 'Earth' from the multiverse. This is creating a convergence event which will threaten both of our worlds. The largest threat since the Blackest Night, and I died then. Right before I willed myself to life. My helmet sat upon the terminal, it's bright white and gold visage sparkled gently in the low lights of my Batcave. I gazed over the different monitors which displayed several scenes that were underway on this new Earth. The view in the upper left had shown me a scene in which was alien to me. Daud, utterly defeated. However, it looked as if he and his opponent were coming to terms. Dapp was again a handicap for starting a useless battle from what it seemed. Why Daud kept him around, was beyond me. I have clashed with Dapp several times, although I do not really remember it, I seem to have defeated him outside of my base in Brazil. However, my gaze found itself transfixed upon the screen in the center. Utter chaos in Gotham. Only this is not My Gotham. And it is in dire need of aid, as it seems as the convergence has not been kind to it. Scenes of anarchic crowds pillages shops while the Rouges Gallery took advantage of the chaos.

But through all of this, I was searching for two very specific individuals. Who are somewhere on this world.

My own family.

When these worlds began to orbit each other, certain individuals dropped off the grid. My hypothesis is that the balance between both worlds is beginning to crumble. And in doing so, anomalies began to unravel, such as persons from one world warping into their opposite, but that is just the beginning.

I had planned for this.

I paced across the floor as I entered a lit area in which my armor glistened in the light as I approached a large device which looked like a massive computer mixed in with some time traveling sci-fi features, of course it was neither of these. The hulking machine was a monitoring device for our planet. Drawing in samples from the environment but rather than looking for things like pollution it monitors instead, the world's very spatial fabric.

Essentially the threads which ensure this world continues to exist in reality. And...it is weakening. The process is slow. We have, perhaps a week. But if our worlds do not separate soon, then neither will survive the tears in the very fabric of space and reality.

I finally took a hold of my helmet, looking at my own reflection within the glossy black visor. I placed the helmet upon my head as I finally prepped to leave finally covered within my armor.

"Computer, locate my identical position on this new world." The computer began to cycle through programs before informing me of it's findings in a electronic voice.

"Position located, known as Gotham City to the locals of the alien world." I mused under my breath.
"Thought so." I uttered as I began to step closer to a craft that would allow me to travel to the point of contact as I flipped a series of switches which illuminated the Bat Wing in light. The sleek design of the craft shone with the glossy black. I did not have much time to admire it however.

I pressed a button on my forearm in which my armor began to shift and alter itself but the change was only cosmetic. A simple ploy to keep my multiple identities secret. In moments my armor had the same black overlay as the craft I was about to fly. I had no cape however, no obvious bat insignia upon my chest and two bright blue lights shone through my visor as my visual display, a advanced HUD displaying all sorts of critical information.

Placing myself into the craft I secured myself within it and activated a exit which allowed me to pilot the craft out of the Batcave.

"Computer, locate Sabrina and Mayla's vitals." The search was quite short.

"Their location remains unknown." I sighed in displeasure as I had to focus. I will find them, but I need to ensure the survival of our world first. My wife knows how to take care of herself and my daughter is Kryptonian.

The craft lifted itself higher and higher as I sped to the world that seemed so alike my own, and so different. Because the geography and layout of cities were identical, I simply used my own memory to travel to the Gotham of this world.

I arrived after some time in the center of the city. There was a mass of armed criminals beneath my craft, which was hovering silently about forty feet above them in cloaking technology which hid it from sight. If I had learned anything from Bruce before he died in my world, is that theatricality can accomplish a lot. And so I deactivated the cloaking device and opened the canopy of the craft. I then raised myself so that I could be seen completely by the mass of crooks beneath me.

The display worked as planned. The small line of Gotham PD looked above, as the criminals took in the sight, and almost as one being the collective small army began to flee yelling.

'Its Batman! RUN' The mob began to scatter, I would need to bring them in soon, but for now they are not the priority. They will be taken down soon enough. I then pressed a series of buttons on my suit and leapt from the craft as it began to chase down the various criminals in a auto pilot.

As I landed on the Gotham cement beneath me, a officer approached and seemed quite relieved and distressed at the same time.
"About time you showed up Batman, although the change of clothes is something to get used to. The whole city is tearing itself apart, and Batgirl has been trying to keep a lid on it for days, but we have not heard from her lately."

I blinked beneath my mask.

They believe I am the Batman of their world, of course the do, that is who they want to see most right now. I nodded in confirmation but said nothing. As I began to patrol the streets here, bringing my own talents to the Batman name, and soon to introduce this world to Sentinel as I race to not only save my own family. But the fates of two worlds.
Last edited by The Rebel Alliances on Fri May 08, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sat May 09, 2015 5:38 pm

Hector Gage/The Blue Lantern-28 Yrs-New York City

tick...tock...tick...tock.The sound from the clock on the wall was the only one that broke the silence in the apartment in the motel room in New York City. I was sitting on the edge of my bed, fingers crossed as I used them to support my jaw as I hunched over. Observing both Michael and Melody sleep in the second bed a few feet away. Their silent breathing my only focus as my own thought rose to the surface. The events of today atop that roof top with that blonde woman ended rather abruptly and while they left, I could not leave these two behind, and I had the idea that the woman could look after herself. I had spoken with both of my children about their behavior in school, they shrugged me off. But I feel like they are finally getting the picture that our situation wont be changing for a while, that I was here to stay. And to be honest with myself, it gave me hope. I had not felt completely hopeful in years. I had expected the power stone I acquired to give me hope for my future, to become the man my Aunt had wanted for me. However I found it lacking, just another job. But with these two, a new beginning.

Tomorrow I will take them back to Gotham and see about using that Wayne program to find some better employment. I have to face it, Dragoon time does not pay. Simple as that. I closed my eyes, beginning to meditate as I sat there, unable to sleep. I stayed in that position for a good fifteen minutes, and would have been longer had it not been for a light beginning to shine in the room, disturbed by it I opened my eyes to see what had disturbed me and would hopefully not awake the kids. Hovering, mere inches in front of me, was a small blue ring with a strange insignia on the front end of it. Placing a hand in front of my eyes to shield myself from it, I heard something speak.

Hector Gage of Earth
You possess Great Hope
Welcome to the Blue Lantern Corps

I was enveloped by the great light and the ring found itself on my left hand, as the transformation occurred I found myself in some blue alien uniform, similar to what I have seen the Green Lantern wear on television, complete with costume mask and all. The light died down and as I peeked up at the kids, I was surprised to no end that they somehow remained asleep. Sighing gratefully I took a step back, admiring the suit in a mirror above a budget and harshly chipped dresser. I saw myself in it, and finally knew that this, combined with my new found purpose in being a father. Was just what the doctor ordered. As this new form was a literal personification of the hope that had been instilled in me by rediscovering my own children.

But in an instant my ring alerted me to a danger, and somehow and in a way I cannot explain, I understood everything. A Green Lantern needed my help, and I was called to aid.

With the ring guiding me, I rocketed away and into the black sky. A blue trail of light flowing behind me. I must have traveled light years, but it seemed to happen so quickly, I had found the besieged Green Lantern, a martian, how I know that is still a mystery, under siege by what seems to be a yellow ring clone of her, using her deepest fears to weaken her very will.

I descended closer to her, eventually being enveloped in the flames as well, protected only by my ring and it must have appeared to the yellow clone that she was succeeding. I knew that the Martian's shield construct was beginning to break. Lifting my left hand, a blue glow began to coincide with her feint green one. At first barely noticeable but slowly grew fiercer in light.

I then began to recite the oath, lending my own strength to the Lantern, fighting so bravely to hold on, despite her deepest fears. Providing the one thing that can strengthen a weakened Will, when faced with absolute Fear.

Hope.

"In fearful day, in raging night"

My ring formed a shield around me, protecting me as a blue aura began to surround the Green Lantern Martian.

"With strong hearts full, our souls ignite"

The aura encased her own construct, repairing all the damage inflicted by the Yellow Lantern.

"When all seems lost, in the war of light"

By now, it was becoming obvious to any around that the tide was turning, as the Yellow Ring's affect began to weaken. The flames began to retreat from the enhanced energy between the two of our rings.

"Look to the Stars, for Hope burns Bright!" And with my battle cry finished, a brilliant burst of blue and green energy exploded, throwing the Yellow Lantern back. The two rings, fueled by both will and hope, empowered each other. Showing that Will, and Hope are formidable.

Together, Fear is no match.
Last edited by The Rebel Alliances on Sat May 09, 2015 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Sat May 09, 2015 6:14 pm

Corinna Erastos-2,187 Yrs-Off the coast, Outside of Ur

The day had finally come, where I would find my purpose...or I would find death. But not in the way Ares, my God believes. With his power finally collected, we both hovered above the raging ocean as the crusted waves crashed beneath us. Floating about ten paces apart he held his arms outstretched in congratulations. "You have done everything I have desired and more, through the centuries you have proven yourself to be the true legacy of our people. Now, as promised, I will restore your mortality. I will take back the gift in which you find yourself cursed by." I stepped closer, as if we were both standing on solid ground. And my face went from a smile, to a scowl. Speaking words that would not resonate well in the ears of Ares. "That is what I have asked from you. But...things have changed." I told him, as my hair was blown widely to the side by the howling winds around us. "I have found purpose, but it is not for your benefit. I will not allow you to harm the people of Ur, or of this world, for your own ends Ares. I may no longer me immortal, but all things must end." I then raised an open palm calmly, and then clenched it into a fist. "Even your reign."

The God gave a bellow of laughter. "And what do you intend to do? I am the source of your power. I can take it all away, and I assure you. Nothing you can hope to do will stop me from unleashing the wrath of a God long ignored by mankind, and make them pay for their hubris." The God then shot forth and grabbed me, hurling my form across the ocean and crashing painfully on to the shores of Ur, smashing straight through a boulder, pain shot through my body. And I felt it, for the first time...a broken arm. And I...feel normal...

My immortality, and all of my powers, were gone. I hissed in pain as I forced myself to stand, and turned my gaze into the sky over the raging waters at Ares who looked down upon this man as a God would ants. Lifting his arms slowly, I knew fear for the first time, as I knew what he was summoning. And that I no longer had his blessings to empower me. My legs shook, but I remained standing as I watched the horror of ancients past arise from the sea.

The Kraken.

Rain pelted me as if it itself was artillery. I somehow managed to wield my large shield, it's enchantments now lost with my broken left arm. I raised the spear ahead of me, forcing my good arm to be steady, blood seeped into my helmet and dropped from cuts upon my legs as I was now armed, with nothing more than ancient weapons.

And the will of a Spartan.

I locked eyes with the beast ahead of me, as it began advancing at a impossible pace, intent on crashing into the shore.

"And so....this is the purpose I had found for myself....the fate of the last daughter of Sparta."

A weak smile began to crease across my bloody lips.

"Well then...Kraken, scourge of the ancient seas....you must be grateful for my condition." I said aloud, as if I was having a conversation with the monster. As I began to advance into a jog, my spear readied at the monster. My eyes wide with anticipation.

"Ares has seen fit to make this fight a fair one..." I uttered as I ducked underneath a enormous tentacle as I dashed up a slippery rock face and threw myself into the air, right on a collision course with one of the lower tentacles of the monster as I bellowed like a warrior.

"FOR YOU!" I screamed as the battle began with my spear seeping deep within one of it's rampaging tentacles as I collided with the legendary beast.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Mon May 11, 2015 6:53 pm

Daniel Carter/Sentinel/Batman-32 Yrs-Gotham City

The Starlight wrote:
Elena Galadera/Batgirl

Running off a building's rooftop, Elena flung her arms in the air, pressing the button on a wrist that would send the electric shock through her cape, creating her classic rigid wing shape. She glided with it, letting the wind carry her, the white outline of a bat being visible to those below. Landing on a building as the breeze began to falter, she listened to the police frequency with some confusion. Batman? Back, and just like that? It seemed odd to her, but perhaps she had suspected too much. But she had her doubts, and would have to see him to believe.

Continuing on her way to Arkham Asylum, seeing below a contingent of GCPD officers, she raised a hand as she glided over them, the officers opportunistically looking up as she made the gesture. Indeed, she was back. Spotting a dark figure with her enhanced view of colors and Stormlight, she flew and glided there, landing softly in front of the man. Indeed, he looked like Bruce, but he was not. Using her eidetic memory, she brought an image of Bruce in his suit and compared it to him. It was definitely not her Batman, the suit was all wrong, along with the physique. "You are not my world's Batman." she said, stating it, rather than questioning it. "Batman loves his suit, and especially the cape, which is missing on you. So who are you? From that other world I presume. But what makes you worthy of it, the title, presuming that you are Batman on your world, and not another vigilante. Gotham is overrun, chaos rules here. Can I trust you?" she asked, looking at him.

A Batgirl, in white? Different. We were just outside of Arkham Asylum as the chaotic scene around us, filled with flashing blue and red lights as well as scurrying officers as they attempted to seal off the infamous Asylum. Even if the structure of this Gotham is much like that of my own, I would be wise to make use of it's local defenders, and there was something about this girl...well I have an eye for talent. However, my reasons for being here are different than what she may imagine. I am trying to find a way to find a way to save two worlds, not a single city on one of them. But, I am in Gotham for a reason, it's just a guess but I am certain that if I had planned for the possibility of this event, than the Bruce of this world could have done the same. Who knows, perhaps he has even found a solution. If I know anything, preparing for the impossible is simply in a Batman's nature, no matter what their world. I looked down upon the young heroine as I responded to her. "Suspicious and direct, you must have been trained by Bruce Wayne." I mused as I moved on to more important matters.

"I am from another world, one similar, but different than your own. I wont tell you why you should trust me. But I will show you." I stated, as my eyes peeked up behind her at a rampaging Bane who effortlessly plowed through a barricade and was charging straight at us both. I leaped into action as I placed myself on a collision course with the giant. With only paces in between the two of us I gripped a grapple gun in one hand as I dropped myself and skidded on the ground between the wide legs of the man sliding into position behind him. I then recovered and planted myself onto his back as I used a plasma blade of two feet in length, a personnel upgrade to the suit and severed the tubes in which the chemicals was being injected into his body, with the fluid gushing out I then launched myself into a back flip off of him and then used the grapple gun, which could fire cables from its front and back side and attached one end to his feet with the other end to a high tower.

Then, letting go the Asylum escapee was dragged across the ground and then lifted high above us both as he dangled upside down from a tower, effectively caught. Walking back over to Batgirl I finished our conversation.

"This is not just happening in Gotham, but right now both of our very worlds are threatened. I am here because I believe that your world's Bruce would have prepared for an event like this. Or at the very least have some insight. And so I am in your Gotham to prevent everything from being lost. Not only that but I have lost things, important to me. That I am also searching for." I then took a step back from her.

"Given all of that, you can trust that I wont allow us to fail." I said flatly, as if it was a personnel pledge.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse