NATION

PASSWORD

Infinite Justice: Beyond (Marvel,DC,DBZ X/Over, IC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:55 pm

Dulce et Decorum

Pain surrounds this world, all worlds. It is, ironically, a common bond. And one thing mankind is very good at is the spilling of blood. And where does all this spilt blood, this pain, the maladies that blight the Earth go?

They weight, their remembrance seeps into the Earth, creeps into the sky. Battlegrounds always have a feel to them, after the battle as if...they had souls. As if they were weeping. Pain occurs everyday; the pain of loss, of hunger, of wounds, of headaches, all these things afflict humanity. Some say that pain, when released, makes us stronger.

But all that pain has to go somewhere. It does not fade into oblivion, but lingers...

Washington D.C

If there was one thing he was good at, it was running. He had always enjoyed the exertion that came with running, the gasps that came from his mouth as his muscles teared and then broke themselves, the wind at his back, urging him on. Kandor had been little good at anything else.

Kandor Breckenridge ran through the streets of the capital of the free world, but today, he was not enjoying running. Because he was not running to a finish line, but running away from something. His t-shirt was laden with sweat stains, the white fabric also tainted by blood stains and various rips and tears.

"Excuse me!" he shouted as he vaulted above a stroller, the woman directing it shrieking as she ducked, Kandor's feet flailing in the air for a second, before he landed on his feet stumbling a bit.

He dared to look back and wished that he hadn't. Three black-suited men strode through the ground with purpose, as several black vans honked and sped their way through the D.C traffic towards him. He looked up, and paled even further as his heart began to beat further and further, the young man seeing 2 more black-suits coming his way.

And so he did the only thing he could: run. He screamed for help occasionally, but no one would listen. The police wouldn't help him, and he had no friends, no supplies and nowhere to hide. All he had was the Box: and he looked at it now, gazing down at the light blue cube that slightly hummed in his hand, a wave a pain coming over him as he did so. Tearing his eyes away from it, he looked around for something he could use, as his pursuers came ever closer.

And there, he saw something, a statue of some person he could not recognize. Nevertheless, he raced to it, and placed a palm on it, ignoring the cries of outrage from the tourists that he would desecrate such an old statue---Kandor noted that it had been sculpted in 1904. But he was not touching the statue for its aesthetics, or any other feature, he was using it as an anchor, to look into the past of this statue, and of D.C, to see if there was anything he could use.

And when he opened his eyes again, he viewed 1904. He perceived the building of the statue, and though everything was in white, black, or grey, he gained greater understanding of D.C's streets, for all the good that would give him.

He opened his eyes to see a giant hand grasping for him, and he automatically kicked out, hearing a hiss of pain with satisfaction, before he began to run again, now going through the streets of D.C with ease, taking detours and short cuts as he hoped to make his way to a Metro station. But as he turned a corner, there they were, waiting for him, at least 10 black vans blocking his passage, his exit out being blocked by some black suits. Surrounded, he shouted out "Help!" as loud as he could, hoping some hero would come and help him.

But, he reflected, they had not come to rescue him when he had really needed it, four years ago...

Four years ago

Kandor looked out the car's window as his mom pulled up to her workplace. It was raining hard, and the radio had told the two of them that thunder would be on its way, nevertheless, his mother took the only umbrella and refused to share it as she got out, Kandor, sighing, followed, the rain quickly infiltrating the light blue jacket that he was wearing. Grumbling, in his mind, he followed her in, pausing at the clean, smooth white walls, and the huge stature of a woman with a box in her hand. Above the statue, a plaque read Asimov Technologies.

Kandor's mother, seeing him staring, smiled slightly and then dragged him along, saying, "You'll have plenty of time to stare later, Kandor. Let's go to my lab."

There were myriad twists, turns, and elevator rides, so that Kandor could not remember the way that they came, until they finally came to a small door which read, "Annabeth Breckenridge."

Kandor pushed the door open, to reveal, a large lab with beakers, a blackboard covered with writing, and several mysterious boxes. His mother, adjusting her glasses, putting on a lab coat and pulling on some strange gloves, pulled a key out of her pocket, and unlocked a small cabinet, then lifting a locked metal chest onto the lab bench. From there, she selected another key from an innumerable selection of them on her key chain, and carefully twisted it into the lock, a click being heard.

An expression of awe grew on her face, which was illuminated by what ever was in the chest, and then, unknown to Kandor, who was looking at the blackboard in confusion, a malicious smile. She abruptly said, "Oh yes, I have a meeting now," and she made a show of checking her watch. "I'll show you what I've discovered." Without another word to Kandor, she walked out, the boy not minding the click of the door's lock. He would soon regret that action. Just outside of the room, several other scientists in lab coats approached Annabeth, the Breckenridge widow giving a kiss to one beared man. "He'll do it. All we have to do is wait."

"Good," said the man, caressing Annabeth's cheek. "We might as well watch through the mirrors." And so the Asimov scientists proceeded to a windowless room adjacent to Annabeth's lab, all of them standing, looking through the one-way mirrors at the boy.

Meanwhile, Kandor continued to look at the chalkboard in confusion. He was no rocket scientist, but it all seemed like Greek to him, so he proceeded on to other objects in the lab, flipping through one of his mother's lab journals, he found it to be mostly empty, however, the last page had the word SUCCESS written in all capital letters and underlined. He wondered at what this was all about, but moved on, until he finally came to the chest, which had been left unlocked. Peering in, he observed a blue, humming cube in the chest, quite like the pictures of the Cosmic Cube that he had seen on the superhero fansite he moderated. Shrugging to himself, he reached inside, and grasped the cube, hoping that something would happen.

But what he did not expect was pain. Aching, obliterating pain which wiped any other thoughts from his mind. He convulsed, feeling something crawl over him, and then he began to scream, letting go of the cube but still feeling the pain. This was nothing like the time he had stuck his hand in a fireplace when he was 3. The pain was not from heat, but...it was indescribable anyway, so Kandor stopped trying. He ran to the sink and poured water on his hand, to no avail, and blowing on it only aggravated his pain. And so, he ran to the door and began screaming, banging on the door as the pain continued.

But there was no answer. He turned, then, to see the cube right in front of his face, and another wave of pain engulfed him. Whimpering, and not knowing what to do, he curled into a ball, crying out for his mom. Little did he know that his mom was cheering as he did so, opening a bottle of wine and sharing drinks with the other scientists. "It worked!" she exclaimed, with a radiant smile. "Now, if he learns to harness it, imagine the potential. All the pain in this world, gone forever. And if one boy should suffer for billions, then that sacrifice is worth it." She looked at Kandor again, without a hint of regret in her eye. "Finally, boy, you will be of some use to me. My pain is the first that you will take, and then, I will be free."
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

New Rnclave
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 18, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rnclave » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:52 pm

Hiroshi:

" So let me get this straight." Hiroshi responded finally, stroking his chin with a single finger. The whole idea was entirely insane in his head. The idea that some random demon, born of maybe, millions of years of negative energy? Had defeated every single warrior within this Tomia's universe, along with annihilating every life form he came across. It was more than insane, it was down right ridiculous.

But what was more insane? A demon strong enough to breach dimensions, or a pathetic demon stealing his daughter after he achieved power using seven mystical wishing orbs? Or the fact that he was one of the Legendary Super Saiyans?

" Janemba is a demon born of people's negative energies, and he's going to be here pretty fucking soon?"

Sighing, Tomia nodded sheepishly." That's the jist of it I suppose. I don't know how reassuring it'll be, but I'm staying here to fight Janemba with you."

Nodding, Hiroshi turned aqua eyes away as Lucien spoke, asking about their future counterparts, which brought an awkward question to the front of his mind. How was he in the future? Which was technically the past for him, since he had died following his battle with the Legendary Super Saiyan.

" Well." Tomia responded carefully, looking around awkwardly." The Lucien of my time traveled with me for the longest time following the destruction of Earth. He helped me master my own Super Saiyan transformation. I don't know if the Tomia of your timeline has ascended to the mantle yet, but I ascended after the Hiroshi of my time died. Mr.Popo was forced to knock me unconscious before I charged to the battlefield."

Smiling shyly for a moment, a dreamy look crossed Tomia's face for a moment as she clearly walked down memory lane." As the only other living Saiyan, Lucien understood a lot of what I was going through, especially when I... Uh... entered womanhood, what with all the mood swings and such. He was a very close friend of mine, before he disappeared one day. I still don't know where he is."
Finland SSR wrote: Sex is a form of competitive martial arts, after all.
Hate. HATE. Were I Human...
I Think I Would Die of It.

Beat it, Toots. These Streets Ain't What They Used to Be

New Rob Halfordia
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Rob Halfordia » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:54 pm

Since Frost's defection, Arcos had been plunged into terror. Military crackdowns occurred as the Council of Arcos took absolute power in the Emperor's absence. Children were rounded up, taken by the military force which now governed the planet, and never seen from again. This was all preparation by the Council, as they prepared for the day of reckoning. Frost would return, and in their eyes, he would seek the blood of not only the council, but all the Arcosians who inhabited the planet. However, they had a contingency...

A lone Arcosian Councilman walked into a laboratory, where, an obscured figure floated in a glass tank of regenerative fluid. This being was, in the eyes of the council, a final bid at survival. And, along with that, it was one that could be trusted. A familiar voice suddenly spoke from inside the tank, feminine in nature, but still distinctly male, "Where... where am I?" it asked, as if just having woken up.

The councilman dropped to one knee, bowing before the being inside the tank, "My lord, you are on your homeworld, Arcos. You sustained heavy injury during your battle, and nearly perished, as did your brother. We have, however, managed to save you both." the kneeling Arcosian said, respectfully, "However, without a strong leader, I'm afraid the Organization is not what it once was, the empire is in shambles."

Two eyes slowly opened on the silhouetted Arcosian in the glass tank, "And what of my father?" it asked, slightly irritated, "Where has he been in my absence?"

"He was slain by Lord Frost, in an attempt to usurp the throne for his son." the councilman said, causing the Arcosian in the healing pod's eyes to widen with anger.

"Release me from this pod." it said, suppressing its anger as the glass began to crack and the ground shook.

The councilman rushed to the release switch, slamming it down. As the fluid drained from the tank, and the door opened, a white foot and tailed slammed into the floor, denting the metal surface. The ground continued to shake as the figure walked, and the councilman attempted to calm the Arcosian he had just freed, "My lord, we've made vast improvements to your body during your regeneration! Your power level is almost incalculable now! If you're not careful, you could cause irreversible damage to Arcos!" the councilman beckoned, running to follow the Arcosian, "Save your anger for Lord Frost!"

The figure simply continued to walk though, uncaring in the moment of whatever damage its anger might cause. Walking outside, there was no sunlight, as storm clouds symbolically floated overhead, thunder booming in the distance. The being lifted it's hand, balling it into a fist in anger, as rocks began floating around it, "I assure you councilman, I have enough rage to go around." he said, turning his gaze to the one who seemed to have revived him, "Where is he now?"

The councilman gulped momentarily, before spitting out an answer, "We don't know my lord, but we're working on it. We have no doubt he'll return to exact revenge upon this planet and its people."

The Arcosian shifted his gaze out into the distance, "Then he will know the wrath of Lord Frieza."
Siliarba wrote:I stayed out of his way and let him do his thing, but the guy is a monster, a thing worse than cancer that needs to be removed and destroyed.

Kiris the korrupter wrote:Article 1 yb REMOVE new rob halfordia for being annoying cunt new rob halfordia toxic poster rob interaction like injecting toxic into eye

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:57 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:---

Nelli was disappointed that the King didn't seem to know any way to get them back, though she had suspected that things wouldn't be so easy, and so, she said nothing as Arthur's servant led them out of the war room and towards a different chamber, with the winged girl looking all around during the trip there, curious about her surroundings, unfamiliar as they were. When they eventually arrived at the dressing room and were handed fancy outfits appropriate for the era they were in, Nelli spent quite a bit of time simply observing the dress she was handed, admiring it even, before Kylie pulled her towards the back of the folding walls so that they could change with some privacy.

The changing process was rather difficult for her, for various reasons, among them the fact that she was not at all familiar with this type of clothing, though the most prominent issue was a rather obvious one: these dresses were not made for people with large butterfly wings, such as hers. After an eventful couple of minutes full of "Where does this go?" and "I think it doesn't fit", however, Nelli emerged from behind the folding walls, clad in a dress that would be normally worn by a lesser noble's scion, which served to accentuate her fairytale appearance, large holes cut on the back in order to allow for her wings to go through.

"...I am not looking forward to a repeat of this experience." She commented.

"What experience?" Kylie asked, as she too was being dressed up in one of the fancy dresses. She emerged from behind the screen with a similarly fancy dress, but minus the holes for wings. She still wore three rings, and refused to let the ladies alter her hair. She waited for the men to emerge, dressed as well, but hopefully not forced into a corset like she was. It was like a bra, but significantly tighter and forced around her breasts to her midsection. Supposedly, she wouldn't fit in the dress without one, and Kylie blushed profusely as the servant girls explained this concept that was simple to them. Reluctantly, she donned the restrictive clothing, if only to not be lynched by townsfolk again.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:58 pm

New Rob Halfordia wrote:- Snip -

The Unsung Brother
Part 2.5: The Arcosian Mole

He was not as blind as the Councilmen of Arcos thought he was, Lt. Xero had eyes and ears all around Arcos, he kept count at how many children went missing on a daily basis, the Council of Arcos was up to no good and he knew that for a fact, he may have been elected interim emperor of the Arcosian Empire, but most of his power had been taken away by the council, making him nothing more than a mere figurehead in the eyes of the Military Dictatorship. After a brief deliberation with himself, Xero's blood red eyes calmly opened, his face having a frown plastered on it "It's time..." Lt. Xero, the closest friend that Arctico had, one of the members of the Arcosian Elite Guard swiftly made his way towards a set of doors that hissed open, allowing the Interim Emperor to make his way swiftly into the dimly lit room "I fear that my cover is about to be compromised, I can't allow that to happen." Xero remarked subconsciously, the Adamantium-reinforced Blast Door closing with a hiss before a slight whirring sound could be heard.

As soon as the lights flashed to life, what surrounded the Lieutenant was an advanced Telecommunication Room that was fitted with a large circular holographic projector that could transmit conversations around the known Universe. But it also had another, more clandestine purpose, It would allow Lieutenant Xero to contact his benefactor, the one who had tasked the Interim Emperor with his mission of maintaining observation in the Northern Galaxy. The Red Eyed Arcosian walked directly towards the circular table "Enter Authentication Code Zero-Delta-Niner-Zulu-Sierra-Omega-One, enable long communications device with Benefactor: Genesis, disable all potential communication loggers and empty Communication Log at the end of this conversation." Xero boomed, the numerous computer screens beeping in response to Xero's commands, who then proceeded to take a knee, lowering his head as soon as the Holographic Projector burst to life revealing a distorted image of something that resembled a ordinary human face.

"Lieutenant Xero..." The voice calmly and ominously stated, intentionally keeping it's tone low "We assume that this is your status update, for you have not given any update for quite some time, and we also assume that your usage of Code Zero-Delta-Niner-Zulu-Sierra-Omega-One means that this is an update of top priority, please speak so that we may assess your situation at this current time."

"Genesis Command, this is Lieutenant Xero, Mole of the Northern Galaxy..." Xero began. his head rising to face the distorted image of this human-like being "I am requesting an emergency evacuation off of Arcos along with Lord Arctico's Personal Army, I fear that my cover is soon to be exposed, the Council of Arcos has been performing a number of questionable actions that suggest that a Coup D'etat is soon to take place as numerous children on Arcos have mysteriously disappeared, I repeat, my cover is soon to be exposed and I would like to enact the Equinox Contingency."

The Distorted Image ceased speaking for a few moments before speaking once more "Lieutenant, your information is of great value, we have also determined that your assumption of the situation is most wise, we have been recording Arcosian Military and Civilian Chatter and have come to the conclusion that a Coup D'etat is soon to begin, rendezvous at Genesis Gate Omega Eight and await the arrival of Task Force Beta Twelve..." The holographic projection began to fizzle away slowly, before it spoke four words "Glory to Lord Ximen."

"Glory to Lord Ximen." Lieutenant Xero repeated.
Last edited by The Fallen Jedi on Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:56 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:-Snip-

Salis watched the proceedings around him with an air of disregard and contempt. As someone who had grown up on the streets, stories of King Arthur and the Round Table weren't anything within the norm for him, and the King's reputation eluded him. If anything he was unimpressed by the man. Finely dressed, of stature, and an entire kingdom at his beck and call. Yes, he did carry himself with a sense of purpose and experience, but the trappings of a cushy lifestyle since his days of battle simply negated any respect the man might have curated from Salis. He may have once been a warrior, but now he was just as foolish and weak as any other government or authority. Finally the man and Kylie finished their talk and they were able to get on with getting back to their own time. While other's bowed before exiting, Salis simply gave the King a look of scorn before disregarding him completely.

It didn't take long to make it to their temporary dressing room. Ignoring Kylie's warning, Salis quickly found the most mundane and functional outfit he could before unabashedly unzipping his prison jumpsuit and swapping it out for his new clothing. Undergarments were suitable enough coverage for him and anything the others saw besides that didn't matter. Done swapping out garments, Salis picked up his sword again and walked out and to the nearest guard. With a quick swing of his blade, he managed to slice the man's sheathed sword from his belt. Catching the weapon, he then slammed his sword into the floor where it stayed upright in between the man's feet.

"I'll be needing this," he said as he strapped his new sheath and sword to his hip before going back to the others, leaving the stunned guard to try and make sense of what had just happened. Now back with the group, Salis leaned on a door frame and impatiently waited for the others to finish changing. "Hurry up," he said, "We're burning daylight, and form the sound of Arthur back there it's not going to be a short trip."

IJ4K

Del watched the various crew members with various degrees of indifference. They all seemed fairly normal, at least by this time's standards. Garnet seemed to take her absence in stride. Part of Del's profile, no doubt, which she would have looked over given her experience in such matters. Officers with more notches in their belt soon learned the advantages of knowing their subordinates before even meeting them. The captain also appeared to be doing things by the books. Standard behaviors such as creating relationships with her crew and asserting what type of captain she was were being undertaken. Nothing to be alarmed by. The first officer of the ship could prove to be troublesome given her relationship with the captain. Any sort of impartial behavior would have to be documented, and, given it interfered with the mission, dealt with accordingly.

Meanwhile several other crew members lounged in the ship's bar. Nothing surprised her there. The bartender was where he was meant to be and Roy was relaxing off duty in the way most military men did; getting drunk and flirty with pretty women. If experience told her anything it was that bars tended to be trouble spots when it came to brawls, and the ship therapist catching eye's wouldn't help any problem of that sort. Extra testosterone and the audience to impress that she provided would only make things worse.

And there lay the problem Del viewed with the most disdain. The ship therapist. Shrinks, psychologists, doctors, and anyone with an interest in how minds both biological and artificial were always fascinated by Del. A sentient being who's behavior resembled a human's and lived with processing power far greater than any supercomputer, while surviving through over 4000 years of never forgetting anything. She was unique case to say the least. Most tried to analyze her like their many other patients. Some were tactful and patient, others were blunt and straightforwards, but they all tried to pry open her mind at some point. It was pitiful how quickly the tables turned though. The last shrink who had tried his hand in analyzing her had been left crying and shaking after she had found some very interesting details about a certain deceased family member of his on the military's database. It didn't take long for her to manipulate it and his psych eval to break him. A slap on the wrist and new encryption software were the only measures taken against her, and she proceeded to bypass both within the week. If this therapist knew what was good for her she would stay away from her and any sort of research on the effects of immortality on the brain.

Satisfied that nothing internally would be threatening the ship anytime soon, Del let the part of her in the surveillance systems of the ship go into the background. She would continue to watch and monitor the crew, but there were other things for her body to take care of. It didn't take her long to walk across the ship to her own quarters. They were bare, even by the staunchest war veteran's standards. Absolutely nothing adorned her walls, everything was the same as the way it was put when the ship was first furnished. Everything except one item. While nothing visible was out of place, there was one thing that she had left there. Crawling under the bed, she opened a small compartment on it's underside that she had fashioned shortly after being allowed on the ship. From it she pulled a frame, a picture. The smallest of smiles flashed across her face as she looked at it. Her only possession, a picture of her and everyone who ever mattered to her. Dalton, Hughes, Valancy, and all the Justice Queens. They had been everything to her, and together they had faced the world like nothing was impossible. But that was a long time ago. Their time had passed, and they either died defending the world they had loved or aged past their world saving years. All except her.

Her sense of duty and sadness washed back over her as she came back to the present. Nothing was left now, nothing except the next mission. With a resigned neutrality, she put the picture back into its hiding place and replaced the cover. Moving back towards her post at the security room. People would be looking for her soon and it would be better to get it over with and stay somewhere they could find her. As she passed the bar she noticed the trio drinking together, bright and as happy as she used to be. For a moment, just an instant, she considered joining them. Looking for that spark of happiness and companionship one last time. But she didn't. What was the point? They would all rot away eventually, and leave her the way she was now. Cold, hurt, and above all, alone.
Do you want freedom? Well too bad, you won't get it here. All hail the Flaming Almighty!
"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives"
-Anonymous

"All quotes on the Internet are true"
-Abraham Lincoln

"I pee hard. I pee with force. I pee to win."
-Reddit
Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos wrote:
Lingria wrote:Off the grid? Nobody goes 'off the grid'
Even right now your on a list for possible terrorist. They track your every move, know where you eat. Who you hang out with, why you do certain things, that one time you picked your nose in the bathroom. They know.

It's like the NSA! Oh, wait... *puts on tin foil hat and hides under table*

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:20 am

New Rnclave wrote:Hiroshi:

" So let me get this straight." Hiroshi responded finally, stroking his chin with a single finger. The whole idea was entirely insane in his head. The idea that some random demon, born of maybe, millions of years of negative energy? Had defeated every single warrior within this Tomia's universe, along with annihilating every life form he came across. It was more than insane, it was down right ridiculous.

But what was more insane? A demon strong enough to breach dimensions, or a pathetic demon stealing his daughter after he achieved power using seven mystical wishing orbs? Or the fact that he was one of the Legendary Super Saiyans?

" Janemba is a demon born of people's negative energies, and he's going to be here pretty fucking soon?"

Sighing, Tomia nodded sheepishly." That's the jist of it I suppose. I don't know how reassuring it'll be, but I'm staying here to fight Janemba with you."

Nodding, Hiroshi turned aqua eyes away as Lucien spoke, asking about their future counterparts, which brought an awkward question to the front of his mind. How was he in the future? Which was technically the past for him, since he had died following his battle with the Legendary Super Saiyan.

" Well." Tomia responded carefully, looking around awkwardly." The Lucien of my time traveled with me for the longest time following the destruction of Earth. He helped me master my own Super Saiyan transformation. I don't know if the Tomia of your timeline has ascended to the mantle yet, but I ascended after the Hiroshi of my time died. Mr.Popo was forced to knock me unconscious before I charged to the battlefield."

Smiling shyly for a moment, a dreamy look crossed Tomia's face for a moment as she clearly walked down memory lane." As the only other living Saiyan, Lucien understood a lot of what I was going through, especially when I... Uh... entered womanhood, what with all the mood swings and such. He was a very close friend of mine, before he disappeared one day. I still don't know where he is."

Lucien Gediminid

I responded to Tomia's story and explanation with the only word that crossed into my mind at that moment:

"...Cool!"

What now? This Janemba thing sounds really strong, and if all those strong warriors of Tomia's time couldn't beat him, I don't think I'd be able to stand a chance with this little power... I already said how Atiala told me about a place where you can train many times faster than normal. Maybe I can try it out, maybe it'll help me. I focused on the billions of power levels running around the world at the moment, searching for my teammate's ki signature...

I think I found it! It's quite far away, but nothing unreachable.

"Well, if we're going to have to train for Janemba, then what are we waiting for?" I exclaimed, instantly powered up and transformed to Super Saiyan and shot upwards, flying towards the horizon. I wonder if I'll get to meet these people again, and when.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:44 am

New Neros wrote:
Daud and Lisa
In Pursuit of Justice

Charmera wrote:-Lisa, Wikipedia Extraordinaire

Daud happily munched on his sandwich like a monk astute in his faith as Lisa rambled on and on about mundane topics he had no use for nor any real interest in hearing. He was too focused on his food to be of much use, and when he finished his own ruben, he reached over and drug Lisa's one over to his plate as well. Before he began devouring that one as well, he tuned into what Lisa was saying and thought for a moment. Turning his thoughts into speech, he asked the girl, "It's good to parrot things, but do you really want to know who you are and what you were made for?"

Before the girl could answer, Daud was already rising. "If you do, then I can take you somewhere and see someone who might know about you or where you've come from. No true human being can resist a sandwich like that, so I know you're something... Different than a normal person, Lisa. Let's get moving." He said, grabbing the sandwich meant for Lisa and wrapping in a bunch of napkins in order to eat it later. "Anything you need done around here?" He asked, "We'll still be in New York, we're just going to the Lower West Side." Daud explained.

Lisa seemed a bit confused, but followed Daud anyways. "Look! They got a subway!" He said happily, going underground with Lisa in-tow, as if a subway entrance was some miraculous invention Daud had just found out about. The two boarded without much hassle, sitting together as the train flew by underground. Daud would get serious at times, explaining to Lisa, "The people I'm taking you to see, I don't exactly know them personally, but they know my fiance, Sora. They always bother Sora about joining them and Sora says they're a bunch'a man hating femnazis and I don't like arguing with a lady who can vaporize oceans." Daud said, reverting to being weird mid-sentence. "If you hadn't guessed already, I'm taking you to see the Justice Queens."

"...Justice Queens?" Lisa asked, unsure of who or what this group was, beyond whatever Daud described them as.

"They're a team full of ladies who specialize in... I don't know, man hating? Fighting the supervillain organization known as the Patriarchy? Sora says they're a good bunch of people but I've been out of American superhero developments for some years now. Among those girls, there might be someone who can help you. If they can't help you, they probably know someone who can." The subway car ground to a stop, the doors opening and some people moving out into the station. Daud rose and Lisa followed, emerging in Lower Manhatten among several tall buildings. Lisa looked up at them and gawked a bit, but Daud pulled on her hand. "Best not to stare, New Yorkah's hate tourists." He explained in a fake New Yorker accent.

Walking some ways into Greenwich Village, full of buildings and parks in-between on the Lower West Side, Daud and Lisa arrived in front of a tall, newly constructed building known among the JQs simply as The Tower. "This looks like the place." He said, noting a plaque that politely informed him that this was the "Home of the Justice Queens". Entering the building's doors and going into a modern, well-ordered lobby, the Ultra Corpsman walked up to the front desk, politely informing the receptionist of his urgent business. "I need to see the Justice Queens."

The girl gave him a strange look, but relented. "Do you have an appointment, Mister...?"

"Daud. My name is Daud. I don't have a last name. It's not an interesting story as to why, either."

"...Okay, Mr. Daud, I don't seem to have you on file for an appointment with the Queens, would you like to schedule one?" She asked politely, but Daud relaxed his shoulders and sigh obnoxiously.

"Oh my god, what does it take for a young stallion like myself to get some attention?" He leaned in to look at the receptionist's name tag, "Alright, Mindy, you listen close and you listen good, I am a very powerful with very powerful muscles and I demand to see someone about those powerful muscles, understand? Otherwise, I will throw a world-class hissy fit the likes of which this lobby has not - and not ever one it's finished - seen it's short history. I am your worst nightmare, a liberated man ready and willing to express his god-given of oppression."

Mindy cocked a half-smile at the threat. "Mister Daud, I've faced more viable threats from less powerful men." The two held eye contact for a very tense moment, but Mindy proved to be more suave in the situation. "Now, I can call up one of the Queens to see if they're available, would you fine with that, Mister Daud?" She asked, narrowing her eyes at the Ultra Corps Commander, Daud finally relenting.

"Yes. Thank you." He mumbled, moving back to stand next to Lisa as Mindy dialed away and chatted, flashing a look at Daud and Lisa. Leaning in to whisper, he comments, "See, she thinks you're a weirdo. You'll fit right in!" Finally, Mindy hung up her phone and gave the duo a smile, a bright one at Lisa and a less-than perfect one at Daud. The Commander returned the smile with a wide-opened grin, openly mocking Mindy, souring Mindy's face completely.

"Katie Prince will be down any moment now." She said, staring at Daud and Lisa.

Suddenly a bolt of lightning came down from seemingly nowhere, the smell of burnt ozone stinking the air as Katie materialized from the electricity. "Alright. This better be important..." Muttered Katie as she turned to face Daud, an apron on her signifying that she was attempting one of her ill advised baking projects. Katie was a horrible cook and worse baker. She took off the apron and plopped it on Mindy's desk. "Daud? I thought Sora said she wasn't going to join?" She paused and looked at his female companion. "Who are you?"

"Hello. I'm Lisa." Spoke the woman as she offed a hand to shake. She paused at the action, wondering why she did it. It seemed to make sense. Katie smiled at this and took her hand. She shook it. "I'm supposed to join you, I believe."

"Well we're always happy to have new members. Though usually you need some sort of special power to join."

Lisa paused. Special power? That must have been what Daud meant.

"Ah well. We can worry about that later. We'll take you upstairs and see what you can do" Katie spoke. She turned to Daud. "Was... that all you wanted?"

Illica Falki wrote:
Charmera wrote:The cyborg quickly blocked the kick with a parry with her blade, managing to stop the brunt of the force from the foot. Then the cyborg pushed backwards, hoping to put the other fighter off their balance. She then pushed onward to the tenth floor, where she attempted to get to one of the balconies. It seemed the cyborg was going to hack the easier door to the balcony rather than the harder to hack controls for the building as a whole.

Vera, not expecting to be blocked, was put slightly off balance, but recovered as the attack pushed passed her and up the stairs. She looks down the stairs to see her friends just recovering the Cyborgs attack, and she quickly uses her grappling hook to close the distance, getting to the tenth floor just in time to catch the door before it closes.
Quickly rushing into the room, she takes out her folding staff and spins it around to unfold it, making sure to make the sound noticeable, as she rushes after the attacker. As soon as she gets the chance, she swings her staff for the attackers legs, aiming knock her over quickly.

The Cyborg span from the blow, hurtling to the floor, though she managed to recover, getting up swiftly and puting her weapon into a guarding position. She could not afford to turn her back to this new foe again, at least not now. She was going to have to quickly deal with her. To that end, the Ninja quickly hacked her blade downwards at her opponent.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:24 am

Of Titans and Men-Part 3

Daniel Carter/Killswitch-24-Praetoria

Something was wrong, I seem slower than before. Xander took notice as he appeared at my back, delivering a critical blow from behind. Screaming in pain as he sent me crashing into the ground as he stood over me. Speaking to me as I tried to deduce why the serum seem to be fading so quickly. His voice washing over me like a calm wave in a violent storm. "When did I ever claim to be a God?" Picking me up by the armor, he slowly lifted my body off of the ground as I retorted. "It is not what you claim to be. But how the world sees you. With the power you command, if you only willed it. Mankind would bend their knees to your will. But if they ever saw you fall...or feel pain, helplessness, that illusion of your god like power would falter. Then no man would ever concieve one with great power as a God." Xander listened as he looked into the eyes of my cracked mask, he placed his free hand upon my helmet then broke it apart. Allowing him to look his would be killer in the eyes. Seeing me for the first time not as some faceless henchman, but as a very real man. As he observed my pained face, he saw that the pain came not from him, but from within. "That serum you took was indeed imperfect. It actually enhanced you to levels beyond that of the original. But in effect, it was poison. With a lifespan of only about an hour before it fades and in it's place, it destroys your body." He paused, giving me the time to grasp the situation as I grasped at his arms, in a futile effort to break free. Veins starting to crisscross my face as I was starting to struggle to breathe.

"You know what that means right? You are dead. Killed not by me, but the one who sent you. Will you continue to carry the orders and defend one who casts you away like a pawn in Chess? You know what, Killswitch? I actually understand what you say. But in the end, I see that the man who has the power that you fear. The man who has the desire to be a God, is not me. But the one who hired you. That narrows things down. Tell me, is it Lex?" My expression remained unchanged. "Is it Doom?" I continued to struggle against him, clawing at him as I did life. "Or is it Mad-" He never finished his statement, as his face began to resemble my own poisoned look.

Collapsing before me he began to choke, as I gripped in my free hand, the now activated Anti Matter Emitter. While my strength was fading slowly Xander was looking as if a Vampire had just drained him dry. As he began to wreathe on the soft earth beneath me, I set the small device just left of his ear. As I gripped my katana one last time. I stood above him as I prepared to deliver the final blow. "Well Xander, I may be doomed, but I told you from the beginning. That I would kill you. When we begun, you told me that you could not die. Seems we have just broken that theory. In this state, any man could kill you. To be human, is to be vulnerable. To be at the mercy of another. To have no control. Right now, I imagine you feel very human." Just as the blade began to thrust downward at the fallen hero. I cry tore across the battlefield, but Xander could not utter a sound.

My head turned to the sky, with the sun directly behind the figure which hurdled at me, all I could visually make out was a black blur, before being punched hard enough in the gut to drain all remaining strength from my body, as I blasted back into the rock face. My blurry vision tried to adjust itself as I saw that it was Xander's wife who finally came to his rescue. Smashing the Anti Matter Emitter, Xander began to restore his strength as quickly as he had lost it. As Naja picked him up explaining.

"I found the bomb, it was a transmitter of some sort. Meaning that the island was never in danger, this Assassin fooled all of us." But the Golden God was not listening. His eyes were clear enough, vengeance. Naja attempted to calm him, pointing out my condition.

"He cannot fight anymore, you said it yourself. He is already dead. It's over Xander." But still, he said nothing. As he glided over to me, throwing a fist completely through my armor and body. Wiping out flesh, ribs and a lung. Making it impossible for me to speak despite the sheer pain. He then placed his other hand against my chest, charging an energy attack. Not knowing as he prepared to eradicate me, that the world would see his actions this day. As thousands of micro cameras covered my armor. No longer would the world see him as a stainless defender of law and order. But as the face of the very pro registration movement, something to be feared. And the transmitter prepared to send the images worldwide. Just before he unleashed his executing blast, I mouthed two very simple words...

I win.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Siliarba » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:12 am

Lysia
(Takes place right before Killswitch left to fight Xander.)

"I'll work with you, Mad Max, even if it leaves a bad taste for me. You fulfilled my terms so i'll fulfill yours. And don't worry about the bad taste, it just hurts my pride that a man bested my strongest attack, and you can't help the fact that you're a man." I walked away from the office, the nuance of saying I would work with him and not for him together with my second statement was enough to show exactly how strong our bond is. All that's keeping it together is our words and our pride. That alone is strong enough to keep it standing for a long time as we're both people who value honor and pride, but it was important to mention that that was all that would keep it intact.

As I walked out I was ready to head back to the tower when I heard a woman cry out in rage "I hope he kills you!" and walk past the building I was at. She ahd no direction that was clear, all that was forcing her to walk was anger and rage, she ahd no direction and if she had her senses she would realise that. As she walked past I noticed her facial features resembled someone I know, this woman was related to the one who was sent to assassinate me. I grabbed her shoulder, forcing her to stop in her tracks, she'd probably reply angrely but I can take whatever angre she is holding "Hold sister, when blinded with rage you are your own enemy. If you're angry at something you can change then cast off your angre and change it. If you're angry at what you can not change either accept it or train to beat it. And if you have no way of training then follow me."

To prevent her from leaving I grabbed her shoulder with a firm grip, not strong enough to harm her but with enough strength that she could not move until I would let go.

Confederation of imperial states
Senator

Founded: Nov 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:40 am

Guardian 3

Connor Morales straightened out his tie as he walked into the city hall, holding a file between his right arm. Connor proceeded to walk up to an elevator, climbing in alone, he turned and pressed the top floor key. The elevator doors closed, as it rose and climbed the man floors of the town hall. Connor discretely used his superhuman vision to see through the floors above, Jonas, Cellina, and many of his other co-workers were already present on the top floor. Once the elevator stopped at the top floor, Connor walked out, carrying the file in his right hand, proceeding to walk to his office.

Before he could reach it, Connor was stopped by Cellina, who placed her right hand on Connor's chest. "Connor, we need to talk" she said in a concerned, but calm tone, Connor then proceeded to follow her into her office, she closed and locked the door. "Make sure no one's around" she said, Connor then used his Supervision to see through the walls, everyone was either busy in their offices, or in the break room on the far side of the office. Once he made sure, he turned back to her, nodding and giving a thumbs up. Cellina then sat down at her desk, she then turned her Laptop around with a News report.

San Andres' Guardian Sighted in Chicago

Yesterday, hours after the Chicago Yearly Arts festival, the superhero known as "Guardian" from the west coast city of San Andres was spotted in the city. Cameras captured the thunderous boom, and the speeding figure in the sky as he flew away from a refinery planet. In another development, sightings of the vigilante "Dark Knight" were made, as what is believed to be his armored and monstrous vehicle leaving the refinery as well.

More developments will be reported as they're found.

Twitter Feed: @Anna_Lawson This can't be good / @NicholasFurry #DarkKnightofChicago totally kicked his ass / @Donald976 #SanAndresGuardian can just throw DK into the sun

"Are you Out of your Mind!?" Cellina stated to Connor,
"he needs to be stopped Cellina" Connor said bluntly,
"It doesn't matter if you have a problem with him, it doesn't matter if you don't like his methods. You don't just go halfway across the country threaten a Decade old Vigilante",
Connor crossed his arms "Cellina, this guy has been terrorizing his city, hell even their Billionaire Tech guru believes he's doing the right thing. He needs to be stopped",
Cellina shook her head "Connor, let me tell you something. I've been peering at the news of Dark Knight recently, and this guy is a Maniac. He drives around in a Military Grade tank, has put more than 7 THOUSAND criminals behind bars, and regularly takes on 50 guys on his own, at ONCE",
"he's just a man" Connor said coldly,
"And you believe you're above him? because you have the powers of a God?" she asked dumbfounded,
Connor stayed silent, staring at Cellina,
"What is a God, to a Non-Believer?" she asked Connor coldly.

'We're done here" Connor said, unlocked and walking out of the office, Cellina simply sighed and sat back in her chair. Walking down the hall, Connor muttered to himself, "Overrated Vigilante, who does he think he is, Detective and crimefighter, sure". Connor took out the key to his office, "it's not like he knows where I liv-.....". Connor stopped as he opened his door, to see a Knightdart stabbed through the stop half of his chair, pinning up a note that read.

I Know

New Rnclave
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 18, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rnclave » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:03 pm

Hiroshi:

It was obvious the other Saiyan was itching to go train, given how he'd rocketed off, or he was as nervous about this as everyone else was. He could understand the feeling, given he felt the same way.

The Hybrid could only stare at the ground as the time traveler talked about the other warriors of her time, failing to see that every word only furthered the damage on the Saiyan-Kaioshins dignity. Bringing his hands up, his fingers rubbed across his eyes as a sigh escaped him. It always came back to him, even in entirely different universes.

" Hey, I'm going to go tell Claudia about what's going down, can't leave her hanging again." Nodding slowly at Tomia and Nakasan, Hiroshi smiled tiredly as his frame blinked from existence, flat plains and scorched ground being replaced by trees as his world snapped back together.

Looking out over the expanse of trees, the Saiyans smile disappeared as he slowly began walking through the forest.

The day he met a little girl, stolen from the only family she'd ever known and thrown into a battle she couldn't help to comprehend, both their lives had changed forever... Perhaps more had changed for him then her in the grand scheme of things. He had discovered a power locked deep within himself, pushing through fatigue and mortal injuries for the sheer purpose of protecting the ones close to him. Even now, it sounded almost silly to hear these words in his own mind, especially after everything he had learned about the Saiyans.

But Tomia had finally found the father she'd never known, and built some semblance of a stable family, at least for awhile. Hiroshi couldn't fault her for her anger against him. Fuck, he'd be livid if he'd lived through what she had. Her father had abandoned her multiple times to be a battle junkie, allowing her to be kidnapped and thrown into the space equivalent of a Roman coliseum. Perhaps he was taking everything Tomia had said to close to heart, but given how his own timeline had turned out, how could he not?

All of this stemmed through something he had been struggling with for years. He failed. Even in alternate timelines he couldn't find it within himself to protect the ones he loved, at least not until he'd been beaten once and received a Zenkai. The Saiyan had seemingly moved past his failures when he ascended to the mantle of Super Saiyan III, but the time travelers arrival had reopened the wound, laying the issue on the table once more. How could he help save an entire universe when he couldn't save his own child?

Doubt was never an entirely foreign feeling for Hiroshi, but it had never been as rampant until he had been defeated by Freiza so easily, and even then he could mask it behind determination and anger. But now, he could feel doubt creeping up on him, like it had against Broly when he had killed Tomia.

Stepping over a downed tree, the Saiyan-Kaioshin opened the door of the small capsule house he had bought for him and Claudia, a familiar figure coming into view as he looked up. Smiling tiredly, Hiroshi kicked the door closed behind him.

" Hey Claudia."
Last edited by New Rnclave on Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finland SSR wrote: Sex is a form of competitive martial arts, after all.
Hate. HATE. Were I Human...
I Think I Would Die of It.

Beat it, Toots. These Streets Ain't What They Used to Be

The Silhouette of Adventure
Minister

Founded: Feb 14, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Silhouette of Adventure » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:56 pm

Torch

"Rhodey, I've got a top priority mission for you."

The Iron Man and War Machine were flying through the air above New York, doing their patrols. "Let it wait, Tony. Just got a distress signal from the New York financial district. Apparently, a bunch of C-List Bat-baddies decided to change their scenery." He turned, banking off from their regular path and towards the scene of the crime.

Iron Man rolled his eyes inside his suit, following War Machine quickly. "Really? Just because they're C-list doesn't mean I'm letting you take care of this alone."

"Letting me, Tony?" War Machine stopped, hovering above a bank and looking down, scanning the building. "You aren't my boss. We're a team, on good days. Civilians are already out of the building, only the perps left."

"Eh, think want you want, Rhodey." Tony chuckled as he caught up with his friend. "I designed the armor, therefore I am your de facto king and master."

War Machine sighed, diving through the roof of the building and landing in a small crowd. "Ethan Bennett. The forgotten Clayface. John Marlowe, the Everywhere Man. The Cluemaster. Punch and Judy, former Joker goons. The Kabuki Twins, former Penguin goons." He glanced around. "Well, who's going down first?"

Punch and Judy, two large musclemen, glanced at each other before charging in, only to be knocked back by repulsor blasts from the hole in the roof. Iron Man sighed as he floated down behind War Machine. "Really, Rhodes? Couldn't have waited for me? Really? Honestly, I have to say I'm insulted and irritated by how rude you were." He raised his hand, catching a punch from Judy. The muscleman blinked for a moment. "Hi, nice to meet you." Tony quipped, before blasting his repuslor, sending the man flying backwards. "I'm Iron Man."

"Showoff." Rhodey sighed, raising his own hands and blasting Punch in the face. As the two musclemen fell, the Kabuki twins sharpened their blades and the five Everywhere Men clones brought up their fists. The Clayface simply tilted his head before his fists morphed into maces. "Listen, Tony, we need to talk about this Avengers Infinite thing you've got going on."

The Cluemaster glanced at his minions. "What are you waiting for? Get them!" The blob-sized man scowled, waving his arms desperately and with vigor. The Twins and the Everywhere Men charged forward, while Clayface hesitated.

Iron Man sighed. "Really? Cliches abound, Arthur Brown." He raised his hands, blasting two of the Everywhere Men, only for one of the Kabuki Twins to slice her blades into his arm. The two locked eyes for a moment as the twin tried, and failed, to pull her blade out of the metal. "Super-Criminals now, Rhodes, moral debates later."

"Stop playing with your food, Tony." Rhodey blasted the two twins backwards as the Everywhere Men wailed on his suit, not doing a dent of damage. He turned towards Bennett. "Weren't you a cop, Clayface? And reformed? What are you doing here with this thug?"

"I am no mere thug!" The Cluemaster began to rant. "I am the King of criminals! I am the smartest man on Earth! I am-" He was stopped by a clay-fueled blunt blow to the back.

"Really bad at mind control." The Clayface sighed, using his powers to trap all of the other criminals. "Sorry, Stark. The fat Cluemaster pulled some favours from the Hatter to get me under his control. I was on my way to get registered."

Iron Man smiled inside his suit. "Come with us, we were on our way there now." Tapping a button on his wrist, he alerted local authorities that several supercriminals were arrested at his location.

The two of them flew upwards, with Clayface hitching a ride, and soon arrived at Avengers Tower. "Jarvis, open the roof entrance. Set up the registration forms for Ethan Bennett, one of the first Clayfaces. Fill it out for him."

"Of course, Sir."

Stark popped his helmet open, revealing a serious expression. "Alright. I won't be able to join you, but long story short- We found the remnants of the Fantastic Four. With Reed on our side, and now Trophy behind bars, the Human Torch, Invisible Woman, and Thing have been underground since the SRA first went into effect. The plan was to have you and two of our other agents take them out, but with Clayface here-" Tony nodded towards the newcomer. "-It should be a cinch." He breathed deeply. "Never thought I'd be giving these orders. Take out the Fantastic Four, gentlemen."

Clayface and War Machine took an elevator to the top of Avengers Tower, where two SHIELD agents stood. "Thomas Raymond and Jim Hammond, Agents of SHIELD." The first smirked.

"And also the first two Human Torches." The other piped up, igniting his hand.

"That too. We've got a Quinjet waiting for us. Let's go."
The Republic of Atria wrote:You've done a good job at setting up the fact that lots of shit is fucked.

The Republic of Atria wrote:You crazy. But it was great.

Winner of Most Improved RPer, Best of P2TM for 2015!

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:08 pm

Craig Thomsen
A Good Man Goes to War

Ad Finem

2 Hours Before Registration Deadline
Travenios

They assembled in the island nation. Not the Avengers, and that famous battle cry of “Avengers Assemble” would not be heard for quite awhile, Craig suspected. There weren’t too many of them, but he was confident that their numbers would grow. “Welcome, gentlemen, to Travenios.” He said to Captain America, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Patriot and Wolverine. “Let’s get started, if you’ll follow me.” He said, talking as he walked. “I suppose, here, we start the movement. I am almost certain that there are other movements, the struggle will be to find all of them and unite, while remaining organized. I’ve run some simulations,” he said, as they entered the Imaginarium, Craig’s lair, passing the security measures, Craig pressing a few buttons, a panel of faces popping up via a holographic projector. “And these are the people most likely to side anti-Registration. As we speak, I’m creating fake identities for all of us, so that we can travel more easily. Captain,” he said grinning, “You’re Steve George, a policeman, but if you all have any preferences, let me know.”

“Enough of your blabbering, bub," said Wolverine. “Let’s find where Stark is, and rip him a new one.” His adamantium blades flashing out of his fist.

“Avengers Tower, 22nd floor, talking to a cyborg.” Craig said, crossing his arms. “If you want to go there alone, sure, but after you rip Stark into shreds, what next? Stark is only the face of the movement, but chopping off the head of the snake doesn’t get rid of the snake. We need to get the acts repealed, and for that, we need the people. We haven’t yet seen the extent of Stark’s plan, and with Reed and Hank with them, it’s no doubt that they’ve got something planned. We’ve got to be proactive, not reactive. But let’s talk action.” Craig said, sitting down at a circular table.

“Captain, what are your thoughts?” Asked the Artificer.

“We need plans within plans. I assume you have some, and I do too, so we can compare notes and combine. But Stark is a problem. We cannot ignore Stark. I know him. We’re going to have to be ready to fight. I also assume you’ve got some tech goodies for the rest of us. Say goodbye to that technological pacifism, Craig,” Captain said, Wolverine nodding his head enthusiastically. “We’re going to need weapons. This is not going to end with words. But we have to make them into the bad guys. Hit them quick, get out fast. Make the cost of this Civil War unignorable and too costly.”

“And we need a leader.” Said Luke Cage. “No spats about who’s in charge, a simple chain of command to be followed.” All eyes turned to the Captain, who sighed. “Craig, I thought you might be interested.”

“No, Captain, you’re the war expert. Besides, the battleground is America. And to some there, I look like a traitor, or like I’ve abandoned America because of Travenios. But you? You’re a symbol. You’re more than just a man, you are the best of America. Their moral leader, one could say. You’re Captain America. And when that name is mentioned around the world, it gives people pause. People pipe up and listen. Not Craig Thomsen.”

“Very well then,” said Rogers, looking around, seeing committed nods. “To the end, then, gentlemen. “Ad finem,” he said in Latin. “Ad finem,” he murmured, looking at his hands. And then his voice heightened once more. “Anyway, Craig, your response, please.”

“Alrighty,” said the mutant. “First, Stark. Leave him to me. His suits outclass mine, most likely, because I haven’t put the love and care that he has into his bazillion models of them,” Craig said, smirking, “But technopathy is on my side. We can use that to our early advantage. Knowing Reed, he’ll find a way to negate that, because he’s Reed Richards, the smartest man in the world. But I’m developing a plan for Stark, I plan to put it in action right after this, actually. Tech goodies, my favorite. This is the Imaginarium, gentlemen,” said Craig, gesturing to their surroundings. “Basically, my version of Asgard’s Vault. Any super dangerous things, or weapons I create go here. Some of it will be need to be adapted a bit, but I’ve got Builder and Kryptonian tech here, powersuits, energy and shield generators, matter converters and more. I can design specific stuff for each of our members, and right now, I can give you all teleporters. I haven’t perfected the anti-tracking systems on them,” the wrist teleporters floating off the wall and flying to the table, “so you’ll need to be careful about that. Also, they’re nuclear, so please don’t drop them. But that allows us nigh-instantaneous transportation. As for tracking, Reed and Stark know that I’m here, and they probably know that Antis will assemble here. However, they have no legal basis to attack Travenios, as we’re not a part of the UN, thankfully. Also, there’s a World-Dragon who will come to smack them.”

“About that, Craig, what about Hadrimmelis? Will she fight with us?” Asked Patriot. “And what about your other powerful friends, like Xander, Max, and Valka?”

“I’ve spoken to Hadrimmelis and Valka, and both of them are staying out, expressing concern about the world’s safety, or more accurately, that of the galaxy. Even though the Pros seem to have most of the Justice League, they’re legitimately worried, Hadrimmelis and Valka, that their presence would escalate matters and partaking in a fight might destroy the very Earth.”

“Fair enough.” Said Patriot.

“As for the other two, Max is with us. Xander, however, is going pro. And none of us can take him. So if Xander pops up, we run, until we get some more powerful fellows on our side. Same for the Justice League. Now, going back to Cap’s question...I agree about the technological pacifism. But I’m not creating lethal weapons, that’s non-negotiable. The Builder War was an extreme situation that threatened the universe, and I don’t feel much regret over those buggers’ ends. As for how we end this, we can talk more extensively, but that’s another of my ideas. Words. We all have quite some influence, at least over our respective communities. So let’s not just fight, let’s talk as well. If we simply oppose the Acts without providing our own solution, we look like anarchists, or something like that. We can express those ideas through talking, or, through essays. As for the latter, I’m beginning to form an idea. But,” Craig checking the time, the Registration deadline has officially passed. Pick a few names from the list, go find your friends, and talk to them. We’re going to need a lot more people.”

“What about you?” Said Iron Fist, in his first words of the meeting.

“Me?” Craig grinned. “I’ve been invited to a forum about Registration, and I’m going to stroll right in. Let the whole world see me. Then I anticipate Mr Stark will show up, either during the forum, or after, and then, we will have more than words. This has been long in coming, and honestly, I’m looking forward to our meeting. After that, I think I need to talk to some Bats.” Craig smiling cryptically.

“Don’t be reckless, Craig. It’s too risky. You, openly on American soil, messing around in the backyard. Stark is going to come in fast and furious.” Said Cage.

“That’s exactly what I’m counting on. Well, one of the things. But mad people make mistakes, Luke. But I’ll be careful. You be the same, “ said Craig, walking to the printer and handing out forms with their new identities. “There you guys go. Memorize your new selves, and then go pick up some plainclothes.”
Call me Star
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:18 pm

Valancy soon stood in front of the JQ tower, looking up at the silver monolith of glass. She was, she supposed, home. It was a home most unsuited for her help, with the lack of nature around the megalopolis, but here was her family. She didn’t count Gaea as family, not after all that her mother had done, and her father was long departed from this world. And so, she peeped in, seeing Katie and immediately ducking out, but not before Mindy saw her. Using the plant by Mindy’s desk to explain that she wanted to surprise everyone, she teleported up to their main, collective floor, and sat by the TV, hoping to surprise anyone who was there, or returning. The news hadn’t yet gotten to them, that she was out of her coma. Sniffing the air, she smelt something burning. Deciding to try out her new abilities, she flipped through her mental nature encyclopedia, she located an animal with an acute sense of smell, the bloodhound, and then thought about it. It took a few minutes, but there, all of a sudden, she could smell everything. Where Kylie had sat a few hours ago, the smell of pizza crusts, and Katie’s burning food. Following her nose, she made her way to the kitchen, and, being in the mood, re-prepared Katie’s dish, sneaking back into the living room to wait.
Call me Star

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:08 pm

Madworld
Indominus Rex

The world lies on the cusp of a Civil War, and tensions are flaring globally as a stand off is made between Registration Forces and those opposed to them. The Deadline was days away, and the Mad King had already begun his plans to reign in Xander and secure a solid six-months of domestic peace on Madworld in order to facilitate a global war, gearing his nation to that goal. With regretful eyes, the greatest inventor ever known was to pay his ally a visit, to ensure Max's loyalty to the Anti-Registration cause. Well-prepared for the visit, Craig was met with only mild fanfare. "Maxwell, it's good to see you once more." Thomsen said, shaking the man's hand polite.

"The same." Maxwell nodded, "We spoke briefly, but I think you deserve to see what Madworld has been up to since your last visit."

Craig sighed a bit, wishing Maxwell would forsake his weapons program and rely on his own soldiers and powers rather than war machines. "From what I understood, you have ordered the construction of several ships?" Craig asked, following Maxwell through his immense palace, Cathedral Terra. "I can't say I'm enthusiastic, Maxwell. War machines only lead to bigger and deadlier war machines, I know that better than anyone."

As Maxwell walked, he continued to speak. "I didn't ask for your approval, Craig, nor to impress. Simply put, I want my ally in this endeavor to know what's on his side. These ships are made from technology acquired from the Ultra Corps, who were armed with several interesting pieces of information and materials. We've even designed a new synthetic metal for them, based on Nth Metal isotope shipments we've managed to receive. SyNth Metal, we call it." Maxwell explained, confusing Craig slightly.

"Wouldn't Nth Metal make the ships float? Into the sky, I mean." He said, exiting onto a large balcony, one where Maxwell can overlook a massive field and a sizable set of mountains in the distance. Craig's eyes drew wide for a moment, and the muscles on his face tightened. This isn't what Max was implying at all, Craig had envisioned a set of ships capable of carrying Forever Knights to Praetoria's shores. This was... This was simply an armada of flying vessels, meant to cause untold amounts of destruction across landscapes near and far. Craig turned to look at Maxwell, who beamed with pride at the sight of his fleet.

"Maxwell... This isn't what I had in mind for the Movement." Craig spat, "You have these flying death machines, and you intend to take them to Praetoria? They look like space battleships!"

"They are." Maxwell calmly replied, "I realized threats can come from this world and beyond it. Praetoria has had contact with the Acrosians, Kree, Skrulls, and many others at different times. They could intervene, and we need to be ready for such an event. These ships are technological wonders, Craig. Perhaps not for you, but for nations like Madworld, for her scientists and myself. Their hulls both act as anti-gravity systems and absurdly powerful defenses from kinetic impact. They have a shielding system that works by absorbing energy, their automated systems mean her crew number only in the hundreds, they can each jump vast distances with this." Maxwell said, bringing forth a rectangular emerald and showing it to Craig.

"Where... Where did you get that?" Craig snapped, "That's a Siege Courageous. And you armed each of these ships with one?!"

"The X-Men have little use for it and it's technological wonder. Instant teleportation between any fixed points in space-time, Craig, that's something we need if we must prevail. I took the Siege apart and was able to replicate it, also. Here, take one." He said, pushing towards Craig, but the Artificer would not take it.

"I don't need it, Maxwell, and you don't, either. This armada doesn't need it. In fact, this war doesn't need this armada!" He declared, "Why can't you rely on your own merit and the abilities of your people? Parahumans are gifted in ways that can exceed mutants and Kree alike, so why do you feel the need to make such mighty death machines? Are you not confident in your own ability?" Craig asked, Maxwell narrowing his eyes at the man. A tense stare down was under way as Max clutched the Siege Courageous to nearly the point of breaking.

"Because not all of us have the comfort and protection of a World-Dragon, Craig." Max slowly replied, some venom and envy in his voice. Craig turned to look away from Maxwell, closing his eyes a bit, but still holding a deep frown. "It may not even be used now, as I have a plan underway to eliminate Xander."

"I'm meeting with several Anti-Registration heroes on Travenios the day of the deadline, but I want you to promise me something, Max." Craig said, looking the Mad King directly in the eye, "I know I can't ask you for my approval to launch this fleet, but I want to be informed of when you do. My understanding is that you intend to use it against Praetoria, so I don't want to be surprised when I see it besieging the Eastern Seaboard. Do you see my concern?"

"I do, Mr. Thomsen, and I will inform you of her movements. I will take care of the finishing touches and get in contact with you after the Deadline and your meeting." Maxwell said, turning away from Craig and looking at his armada. "My Godbreakers are readying themselves and the Forever Knights are beginning the first steps to mobilization. You may not have the greatest of trust in me, but rest assured, I'm here for victory and freedom." Maxwell smiled, "Indominus Rex." Craig nodded, turning from Maxwell's side, and leaving him to admire his devastating creation, knowing that he may be able to count on Mad Max for some time, but the man was simply unhinged and unpredictable. Max could very well turn on the movement, but Craig had little time to think about such a notion, an ally was an ally even if for the time being.
Last edited by New Neros on Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:23 am

Lucien Gediminid

Flying west at speeds of thousands of kilometers per minute, I raised my head and watched as the Sun started to rapidly move backwards, soon hiding behind my back and then the horizon, changing the skies back to a pure bland black. Huh. Even though I used to fly around the planet all the time, I never actually noticed the rapid day-night change. Usually, the flights were on a mission of some sort, so I had no time to watch what happening in the sky. The only source of light nearby was my Super Saiyan aura... I yawned a little. For the last few days, I haven't had any good rest. I would usually sleep in a comfy and large bed around this time, but all I had last night was a pile of cold, worm-ridden leaves I had to collect for myself. According to Frank, 'you Earthlings are weak - you're so used to everything being done for you. If you were stranded on an alien planet, where would you find a bed there?'

When I replied with 'I would get it from a capsule', he slapped me.

The endless oceans below suddenly changed to an urban midnight landscape, with a few patches of farms, forests and hills sticking in between. I had to fly up a little to avoid the towering skyscrapers in my way. Everything looked so calm... all the signatures were in their houses... only a few flashing street lights told me I was still above a city. Atiala's power level was over here somewhere - it would be tough to miss it. It's really unique - both Saiyan and not - and really powerful. Even without becoming a Super Saiyan, she would easily be able to beat me and put up a big challenge to my master.

After going back to my black-haired base form, I landed atop the roof of one of the dull grey buildings. She is right under me. Maybe this is where she lives? Or maybe-

...Huh? A loud and dreary sound of an alarm going off suddenly rang across the streets. I quickly ran up to the edge of the rooftop and watched the scene unfold - a broken window in one of the prettier houses, lights turned on inside and two masked men pulling out a gilded and encrusted statue, with a van standing nearby, ready to drive out. A burglary? Those still exist? With the security in my home nation tightened to extreme amounts, I haven't seen one in years! Perhaps not all countries can enjoy having such a cold-blooded emperor. I was about to leap down and stop this petty crime myself, when a shout suddenly echoed across the streets, saying:

"STOP RIGHT THERE!"

What is even going on? A few seconds later, the person in question showed up, standing in front of the confused burglars with hands on hips. It was her, it was Atiala, but now she was wearing sunglasses and a different costume. And she looked far more confident than before.

"Hit Super Saiya's music!" Atiala then pressed on the tiny watch on her wrist, and it started playing a music soundtrack. Hey, I played that game! Yeah, my dad bought it for me last year! Atiala continued:

"You there! You think that just because all other heroes are sleeping, you can freely break havoc in the streets? Steal hard-earned personal property from innocent people just because you think that you will get away with it? You think you can use the current Civil War and the confusion to get rich off other people? What capitalist nonsensical thinking! You think you can justify your actions with the "strongest wins" attitude? Well, you have to remember that all true superheroes are SOCIALIST! And there is a new comrade in town! Her name is SUPER SAIYA! And you will pay for your crimes, like everyone else!"

While Atiala was boasting and speaking with music in the background, the two robbers had almost finished loading the statue into the back of their van. They were seemingly not paying attention to what any loud-mouthed girl said to them.

"Hey! Notice me, evil-doers!"

One of the robbers sighed, pulled out a pistol and fired a bullet towards the Super Saiya's forehead. She caught it rather easily, then zipped in front of the shooter and, before he even had a chance to register what was going on, unleashed her Freeze Breath. In a few moments, the poor guy became coated in a block of ice.

"Enjoy the year 3016!" Atiala commented, then blocked the other thug's jab at her nose by catching the fist. He should've just ran away - he knows he can't fight her. The superhero soon exclaimed "SUPER JUSTICE PARALYSIS PUNCH!" and slammed her fist in the burglar's stomach, immediately knocking him out. Atiala then pulled out a sticky note, wrote something on it with her Heat Vision and placed it on the ice block. I then leaped off the building, landing on the now empty street, and spoke:

"Wow, Atiala. Nice costume."

"What Atiala? Who are you?" Atiala replied, looking back at me.

"You're Atiala. I'm Lucien. We fought Buu together, remember?"

"I don't know who you're talking about. I'm Super Saiya! Now, excuse me, I have to go." Atiala then ran behind a building faster than light, only to come back behind me a few seconds later, this time in her normal wear, walking towards me from an alleyway and opening with:

"Hey, Lucien! What are you doing here?"

"Atiala?" I turned around. "I'm confused. Why did you just act like you don't know me?"

"What are you talking about?" she laughed, then looked at the incapacitated burglars. "Did you do that?"

"No, it was you."

"What do you mean 'it was me'? I just came here! Who knows, maybe it's that new superheroine, Super Saiya, again?"

I sighed. There's no arguing with her - she'll keep her split personality stance until I accept it. "Perhaps. Atiala, I was searching for you - I need to find out something."

"What's the problem?"

"You see... I want to know what you used to get this much stronger in less than a day."

"Oh, I am NOT going there again!" What, is it something bad? "But if you really want to know, it's called the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, and it's up on Dende's Lookout."

"Where's that?"

"Search for a giant floating island with a tower below it. You can't miss it."

"Okay, thanks. I'll see what I can do." I was about to leap up and start searching, but Atiala continued:

"What's it about? Are you just there for training or..."

"It's a long story, Atiala. Basically, we met someone from another universe, who told us an evil monster is coming from there, and we have only a bit of time to prepare for his onslaught. Or something like that."

"Ah, well, good luck with that."

"Are you going to train, too?"

"Oh, me? I'm not a fighter. But I do know a friend whose friend is a friend of the Super Saiya - I think she will gladly help you."

"Atiala, please don't make a habit of that..."

"A habit of what?"

I sighed, then powered up and tapped into my Super Saiyan form, then shot back towards the horizon, leaving the dark and dim city with Atiala in it's center behind my back.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:36 am

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:
Charmera wrote:---

Tomia wrote:---

"This is definitely not Florida, Sam, but I don't see why you're so surprised. This is Kano we're talking about, remember?" The eldest of the Grimm sisters told Samantha, before looking at the landscape surrounding her. Whereas they had previously been in a partially ruined urban landscape, with a limousine wreckage not far from them and rows of tall buildings all around them, the three sisters now found themselves surrounded by nature on all sides, the greenery in the landscape present everywhere except for the large japanese manor next to them. The beauty of nature was worthy of admiration despite being beneath her own, but at the moment, the pale woman was in no mood to sightsee, and so, she merely walked after the nine-tailed kitsune, figuring that listening to her couldn't hurt. "And you may be right, Sam, but... Kano said that she might help us. If she really has a way to do so, then the least we can do is play along." Sarah spoke, evidently less than enthusiastic about stopping for some tea time when the wizard and his captive were still missing.

"Oh, we're still in florida, in fact we've only moved about 400 feet away from where we once were in terms of direction. What I did was... take us to another plane." She paused, leading all of them to a small table within the giant house as she put on the kettle not far from all of them. She then frowned as she turned to the group, a face of seriousness on her as she walked towards them. "Time moves more slowly here. And the Wizard intends to use John as bait. He wants all of you, why exactly I'm not entirely sure, but he wants you to recklessly charge in so he can ensure you wont escape." She spoke.

"What I want to do is to arm you. I can give you training, spells and weapons which should keep you alive. His power has increased dramatically so you will need every bit of help you can get." She spoke. "Of course, if you wish I can put you back in the mortal world if you do not wish to take up this offer. But that might not be the wisest choice. Especially considering how easily he defeated you before."
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Krytonus
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:17 am

G R A V I T Y

The home of Rebecca Carter

I raised my gloved hand up to push the doorbell, but faltered, and my hand dropped to my side again. I stared down at my feet. It had been almost a week, and still I hadn't struck up the courage to tell her that I was back to square one. She'd probably seen the news of my brawl with Deathstroke on the news, but then again with all of the stuff about the registration act going on, it was just as likely she had missed it all. I had texted her, to let her know I was heading over, but I hadn't received a reply.

I sighed. I imagined her face, her expression when I told her that more than a year on I still had nearly nothing. She wouldn't be angry, she was too calm for that. No, she would just be disappointed. A part of me had always known I wouldn't find him. Had known it was a weak, futile dream. It wasn't even any of my business.

No.

I clenched my fist. I wasn't going to give up yet, I'd gone too far. This was just another setback. I just needed to talk to Rebecca, and get back to work.

Easy.

I pressed the doorbell.

After about a minute, I pressed the doorbell again.

And again.

Her car was in the driveway, and the lights were on. I moved over and looked through the window. The TV was on, but I didn't see anybody in the house. It was on some news channel. I squinted to see what was going on.

BREAKING: EMPEROR XANDER IN DEADLY BRAWL WITH ASSASSIN "KILLSWITCH" IN PRAETORIA.

I didn't waste a moment and launched myself into the air. I began to rise in the air, but suddenly stopped. I pulled out my phone.

"Siri, what direction is Praetoria?"
Last edited by Krytonus on Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Irishman who doesn't drink, nursing a Pepsi in the corner of The Pub.

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:34 pm

The Starlight wrote:-Snip-

Del arrived back at the JQ tower still pondering the events of the day. So much had happened, and there was so little time to process it all. HYDRA was still after her, a cop had seen her face, and a whole building had collapsed because she didn't want to go back. A lump caught in her throat as she thought back to the woman who had been killed. That smile of pure joy that was on her face right before being shattered by a sniper's bullet. And the child. Who knows what that experience will do to her. Watching her mother die right in front of her. Nothing would be the same after that. Del's face hardened as she wiped the tears from her eyes. It had to stop. Too many people had died because of what HYDRA was doing, and she would make sure it never happened again.

For now though, she would have to sneak back into the tower without letting the Justice Queens know about her most recent escapade. Laying low was what she was supposed to be doing and she didn't want to drag any of them into the mess she had made for herself. Accessing the tower's security systems, Del checked the cameras for where everyone was. It seemed that they were all either out doing something or in rooms away from the service stairway she had started using to get in and out. People rarely used it and she could easily alter the tapes to make it look like she had never been there. After entering through one of the many service entrances, Del started her long ascent to the top of the tower. To some it would have come as an inconvenience to take the stairs, but she didn't mind. Fatigue wasn't something she knew and it gave her time to think about the mess she was in. Numbers, probabilities, and percentages flew through her mind as she thought of the different ways of approaching her situation. The most simple one would be to simply hand herself over, but she wasn't prepared to do that. Not after what they had put her through. Her other options were rather slim. A direct attack on HYDRA was another possibility, but anything she destroyed could be replaced and there was no way she could find all of their hideouts in New York. Another was to simply play defensive and just focus on saving people from whatever HYDRA decided to do in order to lure her out. At this point it seemed to be the most appealing one that was actually possible. It would be hard without a good assessment of HYDRA's resources within the city and exactly how far they were willing to go with this.

Del was so preoccupied with these thoughts and the multiple calculations going through her head that she failed to check the living room for any teleporting JQ members as she finished her climb. "Valancy!" she said, startled that someone was actually there. "Uh, you're back! I wasn't expecting you. Well, um, you look great," she stammered out as her mind looked for a good excuse for why she was out and about that wasn't fighting off HYDRA on her own or almost getting caught by police.
Do you want freedom? Well too bad, you won't get it here. All hail the Flaming Almighty!
"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives"
-Anonymous

"All quotes on the Internet are true"
-Abraham Lincoln

"I pee hard. I pee with force. I pee to win."
-Reddit
Empire of the Siberian Flaming Eskimos wrote:
Lingria wrote:Off the grid? Nobody goes 'off the grid'
Even right now your on a list for possible terrorist. They track your every move, know where you eat. Who you hang out with, why you do certain things, that one time you picked your nose in the bathroom. They know.

It's like the NSA! Oh, wait... *puts on tin foil hat and hides under table*

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:10 pm

Little Sister
Leslie Strauss|Denver, Colorado

There Leslie sat, in her family's living room, watching TV with her mom. "Leslie, you're going to love Addison." Her (step-)mother Josephine said to her. "She's gonna be your new little sister, so be sure to be nice when she shows up with Daddy."

"OK Mommy," Leslie replied, happily watching cartoons on the television. Her parents had told her a few times for the past two weeks that she might be getting a new sister, and today was finally the day she would get to meet her. She was quite excited, Leslie never had a sister before, and this one wouldn't ever be a baby, just a big girl! Well, bigger than babies, at least. But not as big as Leslie was. During her wayward train of thought, the cartoon had gone to commercial. Leslie was annoyed that the show was being delayed by paid sponsors, and mumbled something to the effect of:

"There shouldn't be so many commercials... The cartoon should be back now..."

All of a sudden, the current commercial ended in the midst of the "Call now!" The television flashed back to the cartoon show Leslie was watching, and she smiled back at the screen with glee. "When there's trouble you know who to call..."

When suddenly, there was a knock at the front door.
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:43 pm

Tomia wrote:---

Jamie frowned slightly when a boy slightly younger than her approached her with a bleeding girl. Despite what she said, she had been hoping that nobody would have to step forward, both because she hoped nobody had been hurt during the attack on the facility, and because, ignoring the fact that these children were the people they had come to rescue, they were all strangers and she felt slightly uncomfortable around them, the heroism she'd displayed during the battle wearing off. The fact that the boy told her that the girl was injured during the explosion didn't help matters, as the explosion had been caused by Jamie, from which she could easily infer that this was all her fault. Casting her gaze down, she began rummaging through her jacket's inner pockets once again.

"U-um... S-sure thing, just give me moment..." She said a bit awkwardly as she finally managed to pull yet another red flask. Approaching the girl, the heroine warily poured the liquid into the girl's mouth. "I-it might not taste great, b-but it's for your good..." She mumbled as the girl drank the red fluid, the gaping wound in her stomach magically patching itself up as a result. A part of her mind mused with disgust about how similar she sounded to a dentist or a doctor, but she ignored that part and simply discarded the now empty flask before stepping back, nodding at the boy and the girl before walking up to Cora.

"Can we go now?" She asked quietly.

The Dark Brotherhood of Deros wrote:---

Black Sun listened to Prototype tell her that he was alright and then smile at her, and she simply smiled back, trusting him to tell her the truth. "Oh, you seemed a bit down, but if you say you're good then I guess I'm nobody to say otherwise. Even if I'm still more advanced than you." She said with a grin, quickly ruffling his hair and then floating back to where Conundrum was before sitting on one of the many chairs around once again, the orange glow in the soles of her shoes dying down as she ceased to fly. She then looked at the various consoles Conundrum was handling, trying to make sense of what was going on in them.

"So, since you're getting us on board in this whole space police business, do you mind telling me what's up? Like, where are we going, or what's the emergency?" The female cyborg asked, once more floating, this time over to Conundrum, peeking over his shoulder. "Oh, I know that system. I went there to pick up my sister a few days ago." She commented, remembering how battered Black Nova had been at the time of her arrival. "Although to be honest there was nothing interesting in the planet I visited." She said with a small shrug, before staring at Conundrum, curious.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:54 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Jamie frowned slightly when a boy slightly younger than her approached her with a bleeding girl. Despite what she said, she had been hoping that nobody would have to step forward, both because she hoped nobody had been hurt during the attack on the facility, and because, ignoring the fact that these children were the people they had come to rescue, they were all strangers and she felt slightly uncomfortable around them, the heroism she'd displayed during the battle wearing off. The fact that the boy told her that the girl was injured during the explosion didn't help matters, as the explosion had been caused by Jamie, from which she could easily infer that this was all her fault. Casting her gaze down, she began rummaging through her jacket's inner pockets once again.

"U-um... S-sure thing, just give me moment..." She said a bit awkwardly as she finally managed to pull yet another red flask. Approaching the girl, the heroine warily poured the liquid into the girl's mouth. "I-it might not taste great, b-but it's for your good..." She mumbled as the girl drank the red fluid, the gaping wound in her stomach magically patching itself up as a result. A part of her mind mused with disgust about how similar she sounded to a dentist or a doctor, but she ignored that part and simply discarded the now empty flask before stepping back, nodding at the boy and the girl before walking up to Cora.

"Thank you" The boy said, clearly relieved as the girl's wound began to recede and the bleeding stopped. The girl herself nodded weakly, speaking very slowly, clearly exhausted and nearly asleep. "Th...ank you"

Cora heard Jamie's question, and nodded, they needed to get out of there and fast. Before she could reply however, the whiring of helicopters could be heard above them, as well as the blaring sirens of police cars. Soon the heroes were surrounded. From above two helicopters circled them, machine guns aimed down towards the heroes. On the ground, four police cars surrounded the group, officers using the vehicles as cover as they aimed their weapons at the Justice Queens, one of them speaking out through a megaphone. "Freeze! You are under arrest! Put your hands in the air!" He shouted at them.

Cora sighed, this was exactly what she had been trying to avoid. They had to save the girl though, they couldn't have just left her to die. Still, how the hell were they going to explain their way out of this one, and what would their teammates think? What would Katie think?

They could easily resist, but Cora didn't want that. If they fought now, they'd be just as bad as the people they try to stop. She turned to the Jamie and Marybeth. "Stand down, don't fight." She told them as she raised her hands above her head in surrender.

Charmera wrote:"Oh, we're still in florida, in fact we've only moved about 400 feet away from where we once were in terms of direction. What I did was... take us to another plane." She paused, leading all of them to a small table within the giant house as she put on the kettle not far from all of them. She then frowned as she turned to the group, a face of seriousness on her as she walked towards them. "Time moves more slowly here. And the Wizard intends to use John as bait. He wants all of you, why exactly I'm not entirely sure, but he wants you to recklessly charge in so he can ensure you wont escape." She spoke.

"What I want to do is to arm you. I can give you training, spells and weapons which should keep you alive. His power has increased dramatically so you will need every bit of help you can get." She spoke. "Of course, if you wish I can put you back in the mortal world if you do not wish to take up this offer. But that might not be the wisest choice. Especially considering how easily he defeated you before."

Sam frowned at those words as she took a cup of tea for herself, the heating warming her hands. "It wasn't our fault. Something was different about him this time. He was so strong. We couldn't even hurt him." Sam told the Kitsune.

"We need to stop him though, to save John. And for that we need to get stronger. So yes, you can train me." Sam said, speaking for herself but hoping that her sisters would join her.

Galnius
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Galnius » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:14 pm

Tomia wrote:
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Jamie frowned slightly when a boy slightly younger than her approached her with a bleeding girl. Despite what she said, she had been hoping that nobody would have to step forward, both because she hoped nobody had been hurt during the attack on the facility, and because, ignoring the fact that these children were the people they had come to rescue, they were all strangers and she felt slightly uncomfortable around them, the heroism she'd displayed during the battle wearing off. The fact that the boy told her that the girl was injured during the explosion didn't help matters, as the explosion had been caused by Jamie, from which she could easily infer that this was all her fault. Casting her gaze down, she began rummaging through her jacket's inner pockets once again.

"Thank you" The boy said, clearly relieved as the girl's wound began to recede and the bleeding stopped. The girl herself nodded weakly, speaking very slowly, clearly exhausted and nearly asleep. "Th...ank you"

Cora heard Jamie's question, and nodded, they needed to get out of there and fast. Before she could reply however, the whiring of helicopters could be heard above them, as well as the blaring sirens of police cars. Soon the heroes were surrounded. From above two helicopters circled them, machine guns aimed down towards the heroes. On the ground, four police cars surrounded the group, officers using the vehicles as cover as they aimed their weapons at the Justice Queens, one of them speaking out through a megaphone. "Freeze! You are under arrest! Put your hands in the air!" He shouted at them.

Cora sighed, this was exactly what she had been trying to avoid. They had to save the girl though, they couldn't have just left her to die. Still, how the hell were they going to explain their way out of this one, and what would their teammates think? What would Katie think?

They could easily resist, but Cora didn't want that. If they fought now, they'd be just as bad as the people they try to stop. She turned to the Jamie and Marybeth. "Stand down, don't fight." She told them as she raised her hands above her head in surrender.

Rolling her eyes, Marybeth thought about protesting, even if only half-heartedly. In the end, however, she complied....in a way. She put her hand behind her head as if relaxing, looking around. Were they planning on arresting all of these kids? Or perhaps...they are working for the scientists. The van DID come from a prison after all. If they try to shoot me, I swear, I'll knock them out in 10 seconds flat. And I won't be pretty about it. She whispered to her teammates, keeping anyone else from hearing with her abilities and spoke through the corner of her mouth. "Let me guess, fingerprinting, checking DNA, looking up our track records if we have them, and interrogation? Seems like a good way to end a day."
I've read your Sig! I've read your soul

Before you complain, remember, Kangaroos can't hop backwards. Really makes your problems seem small don't it.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:49 pm

Maria Anastasna Zhukova

Approaching Denver, Colorado

The flight Moscow-Denver was a long and rare one, but almost always crowded with passengers. Wealthy Russian tourists with plans to drive across the entire United States, oligarchs with business or illegal intentions, or just political emigrès fleeing from Augustin's oppressive regime - all of them sought a place in the plane. And despite the trip taking over 11 hours, everyone was still busy and had something to do: memorizing English phrases, having a snack, reading books or just chatting with one another. In this flight, the attendants could never get a rest - this person wants a drink, that person spilled coffee on his shirt, everyone is talking loudly and nobody is willing to let the few individuals who want to sleep to do so.

All this noise and bustle grew more and more tiring to the green-haired teenager sitting next to a window and gazing towards the ground with no emotion present in her eyes. She took out a small paper from her right pocket and glanced at it for the fiftieth time:

Maria,

When you land in Denver, make sure to contact one of my employees, who should be waiting for you in the airport - he will drive you to the industrial convention. The number is 861155012. Have a nice day!

Sincerely, Dad

Maria sighed and put the note back in the pocket. She would definitely prefer something less boring to pass the day - chatting with her friends on Facebook, playing video games or fighting crime - anything but driving to a meeting she isn't even interested in. Her father mumbled something about important trade deals and expanding to the United States, but even if she overheard it all, she wouldn't really care. But perhaps that's supposed to be the life of the daughter of one of the most powerful and wealthiest magnates on the planet - always busy, always traveling to help expand Dad's empire.

The teenager moved in her seat a little to reach the only thing she took for the trip - an ancient Egyptian gilded yellow-colored cube attached to a chain. Even though she has had and worn it for four years, it still looks brand new, without even a single scratch on it. Maria tried breaking it to see what's inside - it didn't go so well for the table. After all, it's anything but a normal piece of jewelry - it's the so-called Cube of Dreams, and the object Maria soon named herself after.

The girl closed her eyes, pressed on one of the tiles to push it like a button, then spoke in Russian:

"There is a small bowl of salt and vinegar flavor Pringles chips in front of me."

Maria then opened her eyes to see her wish granted, then sank her hand into the bowl and took out a large heap of chips. It's a neat trick of the Cube - being a genie 2.0. It doesn't try to screw you over, it has infinite wishes and it grows stronger every time you use it. Maria chewed up a heap, then another one, and another one, before the voice of the flight attendant echoed across the plane, speaking in broken English:

"We approaching at Denver International Airport. Put seat belts of your on."

Well, looks like this session of torture is over. Onto the next one.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse