NATION

PASSWORD

Infinite Justice: Beyond (Marvel,DC,DBZ X/Over, IC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Silhouette of Adventure
Minister

Founded: Feb 14, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Silhouette of Adventure » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:42 pm

It's strange, isn't it- How disasters always seem to coincide. It's never enough for a celestial dictator to announce himself supreme ruler, there has to be a mad scientist destroying the world and an ancient prophecy coming to pass at once. It's a good thing there's always enough Heroes to go around- The Justice League defeating the dictator, the Avengers destroying the world-destroying device, and the Teen Titans or the X-Men fulfilling the prophecy all simultaneously.

Except when there aren't.

No More Heroes - Scorched Earth, part 1.
Ever since the Hero, Trophy, took Earth back from the Villains, Wakanda has been a safehouse and staging ground for Heroes worldwide. It wasn't uncommon for the streets of the sacred city to be filled with bright and colourful spandex, and it was rare indeed for a day to go by without an attack by a would-be conqueror. The Black Panther and the Goddess of Africa had seen to the fall of Kang, had personally attended the destruction of the Klaw, and had watched over the death of the Kingpin since their new reign of peace and goodwill had began. So when Hank Pym, the self proclaimed Scientist Supreme, had issued an ultimatum, giving Wakanda 24 hours to evict every "Hero" from their lands- Who would bother to listen?

"They should have listened." Pym smirked. "Marko, be a dear and breach the Perimeter wall, would you?" The perimeter wall of the city of Wakanda had not been broken since the current Black Panther took power. Since Trophy's rise, it had been the one constant in an ever changing world.

It was time for it to fall, and with it, this new age of Heroes.

Marko slowly walked forward, arriving at the open gate of the wall. Nobody paid him much mind- It wasn't unusual for a newly restored or created Hero to stare in awe at the mighty city of Wakanda the first time they saw it. Of course, this apathy quickly disappeared when the Juggernaut roared at the top of his lungs, screaming in rage and fury. He turned to the side, and began to charge forward, the once mighty walls shattering before his unbreakable helmet. Many would be-Heroes tried to stop him, but the Juggernaut was the unstoppable force- In quite a literal sense.

From afar, Pym and his team watched the concrete and dust begin to circle the city of Wakanda. By the time the Juggernaut reached halfway around, the entire city had been mobilized to stop him, including the most powerful Heroes in the world- The Army of Justice and the Shattered Avengers. He would be stopped, yes- But by then, it would be far too late. "Astrovik, bring us down to the gates. You and Walker will accompany me to the Palace. Gilmore, kill as many of the Heroes as you can. And Simpson-" He chuckled. "Explode." Nuke simply smiled. As soon as they touched down, Prodigy flew forward to assist the Juggernaut in murdering the Heroes of the world and Nuke leaped high into the air, crashing down on a nearby building and obliterating it. Several pieces of rubble flew towards Pym and the others, but Penitentiary easily stopped them.

Henry Pym, the Equation, gave a broad smile as he and his bodyguards advanced to the palace. "Wakanda finally burns."

No More Heroes - Red Sea, part 1.
"You expect me to settle for the Atlantic? You do not know what forces you deal with, Sub-Mariner!" Orin scowled, bringing the mechanical hook that had long replaced his left hand slamming down on the negotiations table.

Namor's expression remained neutral. "Be glad I am affording you this, Aquaman."

Aquaman's eyes widened, "You dare-!?"

"Yes." Namor interrupted casually. "Just as I dared to murder your Son. Just as I dared to hire an assassin to destroy you. Remember, Aquaman- You called this truce, you called this meeting for peace. You cannot dictate terms when you are losing a war."

Aquaman launched himself out of his chair, floating above the negotiations table. "Losing, Namor? I was not losing the war. I called the truce to give you a reprieve, to let you see just how doomed you are. Do you think yourself above me, fool? None are above Orin of Atlantis- None!" The numerous guards on both sides of the table were tense, weapons at the ready, eyeing their counterparts. Who would make the first move? Who would fire the first shot? Who would start the war to end all wars?

Namor laughed heartily, though without any hint of mirth or mockery. "It amuses me that you still call that pathetic excuse for a city Atlantis. Do you know what Atlantis is, Aquaman?" He rose to meet his counterpart, their eyes meeting. Namor's infinitely neutral face betrayed no emotion, in his eyes was passion enough for a hundred, and in his words was the soul of his people. "Atlantis is a city of Kings, and I, the King of Kings. Atlantis is the currents of the Ocean, and I am their Master. Atlantis is the denizens of the deep, and they bow to Me. You, Aquaman? You and your City of Lies? You are nothing before me. You are a speck of sand on the ocean floor, you are a splash of water amongst a tidal wave. The true Atlantis will end this war-" His eyes suddenly went wide, staring down at his chest, where he saw the hook-blade of Aquaman thrust through his heart.

"You talk too much, Sub-Mariner." Aquaman deadpanned.

Namor gave a weak laugh. "The true Atlantis... Will end this war, with or without.." His eyes slowly glazed over, blood escaping from the wound as the guards of both sides stared on, unbelieving of what had just occurred. "Me..." With his death, he dropped a small vial, shattering it at the smallest impact with stone, releasing a noxious fume and a strange crimson sludge.

"Sub-Mariner.." Aquaman stared on in horror. "What have you done?"

No More Heroes - Empty Sky, part 1.
"What happens on Earth, Uatu?" Acba, the Watcher of the Kree, approached the blue area of the Moon. "Reverberations have been felt all throughout the Galaxy- Perhaps the Universe. Already the Kree search for the source of this."

"A new Hero who calls himself the Trophy, Acba." Uatu replied. "Not too long ago, he began leaving a trail of memory- Memories of a past not of this universe, but of another that was altered by the one who once called herself the Scarlet Witch."

"We would know of this, would we-" Both Uatu and Acba suddenly looked up, silent, eyes peering into the darkness. A star flashed, and then was gone. "What occurs here, Uatu?"

"I do not know."

The Kree Supreme Intelligence
"Captain Mar-Vell, Accuser Ronan, you must find and eliminate the-" The vast intelligence suddenly froze, staring upwards, its face contorting into an emotion it had not felt in many years. "A star just went out, Kree. Find out why. Now."

Annihilus
A swift tilt of the head was all it took to send thousands of drones to the... strangeness.

The edge of the Milky Way
Screaming silently in the space with no sound, Oblivion, in its rage, reached out and eviscerating a Sun with a mere thought. Stunning itself, it realized that its power limitations were not present here, where he had spent so long. Perhaps it was time to use that power. It turned towards the rest of the Milky Way, its mere presence obliterating planets and simply wiping Moons away, as though they had never existed. It reached its hand forward, sending a burst of energy into the Galaxy. Send forth your mightiest defenders, Galaxy. Send then forth- And watch them perish. And wonder why you never sent anyone.
Last edited by The Silhouette of Adventure on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Republic of Atria wrote:You've done a good job at setting up the fact that lots of shit is fucked.

The Republic of Atria wrote:You crazy. But it was great.

Winner of Most Improved RPer, Best of P2TM for 2015!

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:40 pm

Charmera wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Katie might not have wanted to touch Kylie while she was like this, but Kylie certainly needed someone to lean on. She lurched out for Katie, crying into her friend's shoulder. "I'm sorry. I... I don't even know anymore. What to say, what to do. Right now... I just wanna go home." She could taste her tears as she tried to speak. They had finished the mission, so they actually should have been home by now. If it weren't for all this...

Kylie just couldn't stop crying. She just wanted to go home, take off her rings, and cry. It was late, and there would be time to deal with her feelings as she slept.

Katie nodded. She placed a hand on her friends head and then suddenly the two of them were zipping through the electrical system. Eventually she ended up in Katie's room, coming in from the light socket. She took her hand and led her to her bed.

"We can talk later if you want... talking helps." She spoke. "Whenever your ready... I have something to show you."

Kylie nodded, before closing the door behind her. She sat down on her bed, staring at both of her rings. If I didn't have to go help Jamal, maybe Eric would still... She shook her head. No, thinking like that won't get me anywhere. Kylie moved over to the corner of the room, adjacent to the window. This was where she kept her power batteries for her rings. She placed the yellow ring within the battery, not quite feeling like chanting an oath that involved instilling people with fear. And taking her green ring, she began to recite the oath she learned from Ion.

"In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power, Green Lantern's Light.
"

The emerald glow illuminated the room, helping Kylie feel better, at least a bit. With that done, and the green ring placed inside the correct battery, Kylie laid down to sleep. Still in her day clothes, but feeling too content with her green light to worry about it.

The next morning was fairly standard. A shower, brushed teeth and hair, and Kylie dressed in some loose clothes that were made for a lazy day at home. She met Katie in the dining room after breakfast. "What did you want to show me? From... what you said last night."
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:56 am

New Neros wrote:
Charmera wrote:-snip

Darkstar Crisis
Battle of the Nexus
Part Two

Valentine

The young human turned with a sour face, Val's eyes narrowed and her nose flared as Ashy's voice filled her ears. But, that expression turned into relief, and a welcoming smile. Val waited as Ashy asked her questions, responding with, "That's nice." To her comment about reading minds - thoroughly unimpressed as they were about to fight literal Gods who can such feats in their sleep. "If you're looking for Mir, well, just sorta glance behind me and see for yourself." She said casually, moving aside and turning her head back for a moment, revealing an absolutely chaotic, and incredible brutal scene as Mir and Otto were tearing through Green Lanterns and shattering their energy constructs casually, the overwhelming amount of testosterone and bromance between the two almost sickening. "Show offs..." Val said callously, "Shit!" She then yelled, barely dodging a sharp, red-hot blade from a female New God.

"Pitiful that you let an ally distract you," The woman said, "So burn for it." The crazed Apokoliptian then swung her volatile blade towards Val's midsection, but the girls' inhuman reactions were able to save her from the blow by catching her opponent's fist - and in the same motion - slammed her own emotionally-charged fist into her would be attacker's face, impacting the woman's upper lip and nose area, sending her flying back. Val tightened her fists and cracked her knuckles in the process, a burning cascade of anger flooding her body and empowering her further.

"Bernadeth!" Another woman called out, "How dare you lay so much as a finger on a member of the Female Furies! I shall present your head to the Dark God myself, you uncultured swine." The field leader of the Furies, Lashina, called out, accompanied by three other members of the notorious all-girl group under the heel of Darkseid. "Stompa, Artemis, Mad Harriet! Tear that wretch to shreds!" Lashina commanded, throwing a pair of metal strips towards Val as the other three ladies launched forward to begin their assault in unison - Val ready to take on the team on her own, but remembering that she had an unlikely ally, Ashy, along side her.

Val raised her fists in front of her face and breathed steadily, managing the emotions brewing within her and channeling the empathetic energy throughout the battle - focusing on directing that power into her strikes, speed, and durability. The first to get their face smashed in was Stompa, who tried to swing at Val first, but the human consort of the Mad God bobbed and weaved away from the attack effortlessly, like clockwork, and delivered two solid punches to Stompa's facial area, staggering the girl with the first and knocking her back with the second. Blood pouring from the New Goddess' nose, Stompa wiped it away, "Skinny bitch packs a little punch, huh?" She commented, rushing back in to support the Furies.

Val dodged left and right to avoid the metal bands Lashina controlled, backing up in space in order to round out the Furies, but suddenly discovered more sources of emotional energy. Giving quick pause, Val looked beyond her opponents for a moment and saw another group of New Gods standing before them - next to Lashina - who seemed to be cautious about the entire situation. "Do we...do we join them?" One asked skiddishly, looking for support among his peers. "Just pile up on the girls?"

"Yes, you attack them !" Lashina yelled with mild amounts of fury, "Highfather and Darkseid have forged a truce in order to stop Morningstar's advance to the M'Kraan Crystal - and these two witches have decided to help the Mad God destroy this universe and rule the Multiverse. We are temporary allies, and our enemies are one in the same." Lashina further informed the young group, "Now, Forever People," She said with much disdain, "Attack the gorgeous one."

"Oh come on - I already have enough on my plate!" Val yelled, blocking a punch by Stompa but being sliced by Mad Harriet's claws. "...C'mon, it's a joke." She said, still being pushed back, but the sudden and almost unexpected arrival of several Asgardian Valkyries tore away Mad Harriet and Artmeis from attacking Val, pouncing upon them and leaving only Stompa to deal with Valentine. Two other Valkyries appeared next to Ashyandra, giving the Vokornian a silent nod of respect. "Looks like we have some company. They're lacking in dangle-y parts, but hey - us gals need to stick together. Right?" Val quipped, punching Stompa right in the nose, almost ignoring the fact that Stompa, and the Female Furies, were all ladies as well.

Ashy smiled at Val's joke. Then put a hand through her hair. "Of course. Us girls do have to stick together. Especially where there is ass to be kicked and fools to be schooled." She replied, chuckling at her joke. She had said it in the aloof and condescending manner to which she was accustomed. She the turned her head towards her opponents. The Forever People. A group of new gods she knew of, but didn't really know well. "So, I'm guessing you're not exactly going to see reason and the fact we're not actually your enemy?"

A bolt of glowing energy from Mark Moonrider seemed to answer for them. Ashy simply created a personal force field which deflected the bolt. She sighed. "I'm guessing that's a no." She nodded to the Valkyries and gave them telepathic orders.

"The highfather says we have to stop you. So we will." Spoke Big Bear as he banged his first against the forcefield, cracking it. Though Ashy showed no signs of distress. She had her hands folded and a smile on her face. When the forcefield broke and Bear trampled through, her found himself hitting nothing but air. When he turned around Ashy was on the other side of the bubble and had sealed the exit, keeping the New god within the shield. A mischievous smile was on her face. "This one might be a tad harder to crack." Spoke Ashy. And she was right. This was a mental construct now rather than a physical one, and would take mental concentration to break. So with their bruiser taken out of the game she turned to the others.

The Valkyries had been occupying and dividing her enemy as they had been told. And now Ashy merely had to deal with each in turn. Unfortunately unless she took out their telepath quickly the measures put in place to stop bear would be worth nothing. Luckily she was occupied with the telepathic Jam she had imposed on her and the Valkyries. She paused as she thought back to Val and their spar. This wasn't at all like the fight with her. This was not a mere fight or a battle for her. It was surgery. Precise, logical and effective. She had put anesthetics in place and was now keeping her subject unconscious. Now to take out the areas she needed to.

She teleported behind Serafina, who had just gotten away from her Vakyrie foe. The two warriors were putting up a wondrous fight as she had expected of them. But Ashy couldn't let them have all the fun. She telekineticaly launched Serafina into the air, tossing her so she landed away from her. The girl responded well to the Vokornians attack, rolling with the force and shooting at her. Ashy was able to dodge the fire from her guns with little trouble. She was about to attack herself when suddenly something unexpected happened. Mark Moonrider was now attacking her in concert with Serafina. Ashy's eyes narrowed slightly as shse adjusted, quickly the dodging became more difficult. She was going to have to re evaluate her plan. The other two were occupied for now, and the worst thing would be for all of them to focus on her. She would have to seal with these two quickly or she might be back at square one.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Siliarba » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:05 am

Tomia wrote:Samantha Grimm
Sam listened to DeeDee intently, analyzing every word that DeeDee said. She was fascinated by what she was saying and wanted to know more, she needed to more. She would never let that evil wizard hurt either of her sisters again. When DeeDee said she could teach her, Sam was ecstatic. "You can? That'd be amazing, I'd love to learn from you." Sam said breaking from her more reserved personality for the moment.

"I can pay you if you want. We have a lot of money. It'd be worth it to learn from someone who knows a lot about magic." Samantha said, excited by the idea of having a real magic teacher. She couldn't believe her luck that she had been able to find a mentor in a club. She hoped that their chance encounter could prove fruitful, plus DeeDee seemed nice enough, even if she was a bit forward.

DeeDee
The Devil's Den

"I don't need payment, I've never cared for money, my friend is the one who keeps all the financial stuff in order. I just do what I want when I want, that's a good rule for magic you know. If you want something, try to get it by using magic. If you use something a lot you tend to get better with it and develop your own style. Like this, Evomer Reh Trihs" As soon as the words were spoken the shirt of Sam burned away in a blue cold fire and a blue flame in DeeDees hands appeared and in the burn the shirt reappeared. And not a moment later a wicked smile adorned my face as parts of my bodies skin turned blue'ish. It wasn't by choice it was a side-effect of having little control over my demonic half and it wanting to come out.

"Want your shirt back? Use magic to find and get it back. Here's a hint, my magic is weaved inside of it so just taking it back won't work, it wants to be with me now and won't leave easily. In my opinion though, you look even more amazing without the shirt."

Osnil
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:22 am

Quavv wrote:
Osnil wrote:"I'll do what I can," Ara said, "I don't know anything about a Hydra. The leader said something about two heads-at least before the raptors ripped his off. He released the beast on the city before he was killed." She looked at the body of the beast. "T-rex-like, but it seems a little too smart for that. Almost like-a velociraptor. Almost like it was both. But how could they get the power like that?"

"Something about when you cut off one head more will spawn in its place?" asked Demon Blade, "Definitely sounds like Hydra." "My question is," Panda interjected, "Why would Hydra capture our friend Ara here? What were they planning to do with her before she escaped? Also, what was their purpose in releasing that beast here? And how did they create it?" "We've got a lot of unanswered questions," said Bolin, "We'll have to work with the Chinese government to further investigate Hydra's presence here. I know Hydra is mainly focused in Europe so it's possible that Ara here escaped from their only base in China, but we can't be sure. It may be a good idea for us to stay here in China for the next few weeks."

"That's fine with me," replied Panda. "Whatever it takes to rid the region of the disease which is Hydra," said Demon Blade. "Well I'm not going back to Japan by myself," said White Lotus, "So I guess I'm stuck here." "Ara," said Bolin, "How about you stick with us while we figure this situation out?"

"I can already tell you the answer to the first question," Ara said, "they wanted me to tell them how to get more of my friends. I wouldn't tell them one thing. Their feeble attempts at torturing me to get the information availed nothing. They used an element to torture me, but they should know that elements are fruitless against Ara the Undefeated. As for the other questions, I assume that there was some sort prior plan which I interrupted in my escape. I would be more than willing to stay here for the time being, to help you."

The Abel Imaginarium
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Abel Imaginarium » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:18 am

The Journal of a Good Samaritan

July 18th.2015

Dear diary. . . . . . . . . . .

Ah fuck it.

Like as if I'm gonna start writing a diary with some bullshit intro as that. God knows why I'm even doing this at all. But, do it I must, otherwise I've gotta kiss goodbye to my current in-flow of illegally obtained Gurkha cigs. Goddamn Rue for finding the hidden stash and goddamn Isla for being such a fragging careless airhead with it. Now Rue's got leverage on me and with that leverage came this sissy diary of absolute bullshit. Knowing Rue, its also probably going to mean alot more then that. Extra chores to do, more practices on her stupid Right Hand Path of magic and definitely more time spent on everything else except the stuff I wanna do. Blast it!

As if things couldn't get any worse, Rue has officially exiled me from being her partner-in-crime and now I've gotta go join a bunch of costumed teens-in-tights to learn the art of teamwork and the value of being dependable to others. Whatever that means . . .

Honestly though, I can't say that I wasn't curious to see what kind of kids I was suppose to hook up with. According to Rue it was to be a team of teen supers that hasn't even been formed yet . . . . . . . . which would have sounded seriously stupid if I hadn't known about her gift of prophesying the bloody future. Anyways, there I was on the road to Jump City, in a 1969 Ford Mustang along with my trusty trenchcoat and a lit Gurkha ciggy in my mouth. In case your wondering, the mustang belonged to Isla my best pal. Nicked it for awhile as revenge for her getting me into this whole crap in the first place.

While driving, I was hoping against hope that I'll meet a bunch of sensible magically-related fellas like myself and not those typical hit-punch-save-the-day glory-hounding heroes in pajammies you often see on the telly.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not biased over wizards and witches just because I use magic myself. Nope, I just can't stand people dressed in skin-tight leotards who call themselves "heroes" and at the same time show off their powers while making a complete mess of things. Just to be clear, I'm not a "hero" per se. Most people mistake me as such because of my part-time investment in the hero business. But personally, I like to think of myself as a helpful bystander. The type who so often happens to come across trouble like as if its an everyday trend of life. Also the type who can't stand turning his back on another fellow human being in danger. Or any living creature for that matter.

But I'm not a hero. Heroes don't do the things that I do to help keep this shit-ass world safe. At least, as far as I know. . .

While heroes go around knocking out the bad guys and putting them in jail like the goodie-two-shoes they are, I tend to send my bad guys to a more extensive residence like Limbo or Purgatory for example. Gotta look at the bigger picture you see, and think ahead for the safety of the long-term future. As to why I don't just send them straight to Hell, well. That pit is only reserved for those I deem irredeemable in their thoughts & actions. Cuz I've been to Hell once and I gotta say.......Its totally fucked up to be there. No soul should deserve to go down to that stinking shithole of the damned. Not unless they really really deserve it and there ain't no other choice but to send them there. It isn't a rarity to damn some of the baddies into that place of doom but I tend to be merciful enough to give most of the villains I encounter a second chance. Everybody deserves a second chance now & then, I believe.

Afterall, a second chance was what brought me into this wretched world in the first place ( not that I'm not grateful mind you).

In anycase. This will be my first entry in the......yeesh......."Journal of a Good Samaritan". Yeah, yeah, helpful bystander and all that jazz. F.Y.I, Rue was the one who named the book. I just stuck to it cuz she can be so goddamn pushy about the littlest of things.

Hal Augustine out.

Hal Augustine

Jump City Borders

"Hmph.....why am I not surprised."

Those were the first words that entered Hal's head when he saw the hovering spacecrafts ravaging the cityside before his very eyes. He was standing at the outskirts of Jump City at a relatively safe distance from the battle raging across. The wisp of burning smoke filled his nostrils and he snuffed it out hastily before reach into his right pocket to fish out his lighter.

"The stench of destruction and ruin. Same old, same old. A must need to form a new group of heroes I guess. Pity the poor bastards who have been caught in the middle of the fight like lambs for the slaughter."

Lighting himself a new cigar, Hal flipped his lighter closed with a metallic snap before placing it back into his pocket and casually adjusting the collar of his trenchcoat. Sighing, he sucked in deeply & exhaled out before muttering to himself. "Time to get to work then."

Puffing out a huge amount of smoke from his cigar, Augustine reached out a single finger and began twirling the smog in mid-air, instilling magical properties into it as it slowly became a whirlpool of pollution before transforming into a swirling magic portal. Hal thought it best to leave the Mustang outside, seeing as it was much safer to do so and especially since it wasn't his in the first place. Entering the portal, Hal Augustine suddenly found himself in the midst of a carnage.

Charred dead corpses littered the streets as men, women & children scattered here and there screaming in terror while alien figures in orange-colored mech suits and combat armor marched forward shooting plasma beams at them.

"Oh fuck," he cursed, dropping his cigar unfortunately as several of the aliens seemed to have taken note of his sudden appearance and began focusing their attention (as well as their weapons) at him. Hal quickly made a sprint towards the nearest cover area and found one by diving into a 7-Eleven store. Streaks of plasma fire shattered windows, fused machinery & exploded junk food all around him as he crawled further in towards the refrigerators where a variety of cold drinks & other frozen stuff were kept. Amidst all the buzzing of plasmic shots and explosions, Augustine casually sat himself down and leaned back against the cold glass of a fridge before chuckling to himself. Picking up a sharp fragment of a broken bottle, he slit the fleshy middle of his right hand before dropping the piece of glass and reaching deep into the folds of his coat to bring out three black six-sided dices. Cupping both his hands together, Hal watched as his blood engorged the dices and he bent down slightly to whisper a spell that infused the items he held with the black magic of his will. Then giving the dices a firm shake, he threw them out across the floor.

The dices rolled angrily out of the store's entrance and rattled onto the streets as each one of them stopped terrifyingly at the same upturned face as the other.

6 - 6 - 6

The number of The Beast had been formed and the wrathful dead would now arise as one.

With a piercing shriek, the souls of the innocent, who had been unjustly slain during the battle, arose from their withered carcasses as deadly revevants seeking to wreak vengeance upon their slayers. Rantu ground troopers shot desperately at the oncoming dead, but their plasma beams merely passed through their targets' corporeal forms and the revenants seized their killers and tore them apart, armor and all, before consuming their life-forces. As such, the dead began aiding the other heroes in their battle against the Rantu.

Meantime, Hal Augustine stepped out of the 7-Eleven store, nonchalantly holding a beer pack in his left hand while nursing a bandage on his right. Once again he was smoking a newly-lit cigar as he casually strolled towards his future teammates who were fighting the aliens at a central point within the city. Carefully side-stepping the torn body parts of Rantu aliens (as well as dodging the occasional laser blasts) Hal opened a beer bottle just as he reached the nearest approaching person to him. Batgirl. Unknowingly his future team mentor & supervisor.

Oblivious to that fact & believing her to be just another potential teammate, Augustine prodded her with the cold behind of his bottle before taking the cigar out of his mouth between two fingers.

"Oi gorgeous! Beautiful day isn't it?....care to share a nice bottle of cool relaxing beer with me?"

Hal winked & smiled as he lifted up his hand indicating to the beer pack he held.
Last edited by The Abel Imaginarium on Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:55 am, edited 9 times in total.

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:47 am

Siliarba wrote:
Sam listened to DeeDee intently, analyzing every word that DeeDee said. She was fascinated by what she was saying and wanted to know more, she needed to more. She would never let that evil wizard hurt either of her sisters again. When DeeDee said she could teach her, Sam was ecstatic. "You can? That'd be amazing, I'd love to learn from you." Sam said breaking from her more reserved personality for the moment.

"I can pay you if you want. We have a lot of money. It'd be worth it to learn from someone who knows a lot about magic." Samantha said, excited by the idea of having a real magic teacher. She couldn't believe her luck that she had been able to find a mentor in a club. She hoped that their chance encounter could prove fruitful, plus DeeDee seemed nice enough, even if she was a bit forward.

DeeDee
The Devil's Den

"I don't need payment, I've never cared for money, my friend is the one who keeps all the financial stuff in order. I just do what I want when I want, that's a good rule for magic you know. If you want something, try to get it by using magic. If you use something a lot you tend to get better with it and develop your own style. Like this, Evomer Reh Trihs" As soon as the words were spoken the shirt of Sam burned away in a blue cold fire and a blue flame in DeeDees hands appeared and in the burn the shirt reappeared. And not a moment later a wicked smile adorned my face as parts of my bodies skin turned blue'ish. It wasn't by choice it was a side-effect of having little control over my demonic half and it wanting to come out.

"Want your shirt back? Use magic to find and get it back. Here's a hint, my magic is weaved inside of it so just taking it back won't work, it wants to be with me now and won't leave easily. In my opinion though, you look even more amazing without the shirt."

Samantha suddenly saw her shirt catch fire and gave a yelp in surprise as she realized it was a magic fire and was contained solely within her shirt. She was mortified when she realized her shirt was gone and she was left standing in the middle of the cafe in only her bra. "Give it back!" Sam complained to DeeDee, but as she said it she knew it was futile. DeeDee wouldn't give it back, she needed to find a way to get it back.

Sam took a deep breath and tried to calm her mind. If she panicked, she'd never figure out a way to solve this problem. She tried numerous variations of her Latin based spells but nothing seemed to work as the shirt never moved from DeeDee's hand.

Sam struggled for nearly 5 minutes and just when she thought she'd have to leave this place without a shirt an idea came to her mind. She realized she needed to focus on the shirt itself. She needed to speak to it not, about it. She took a deep breath and thought about the Latin pronunciation.

"revertetur ad me" She said with confidence and finally the shirt began to move before it flew out of DeeDee's hand and in to Samantha's. She quickly put it back on and held on to it, as if being afraid to lose it again. She had a relieved smile though, proud of herself that she was actually able to get her shirt back.

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Siliarba » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:56 am

Samantha suddenly saw her shirt catch fire and gave a yelp in surprise as she realized it was a magic fire and was contained solely within her shirt. She was mortified when she realized her shirt was gone and she was left standing in the middle of the cafe in only her bra. "Give it back!" Sam complained to DeeDee, but as she said it she knew it was futile. DeeDee wouldn't give it back, she needed to find a way to get it back.

Sam took a deep breath and tried to calm her mind. If she panicked, she'd never figure out a way to solve this problem. She tried numerous variations of her Latin based spells but nothing seemed to work as the shirt never moved from DeeDee's hand.

Sam struggled for nearly 5 minutes and just when she thought she'd have to leave this place without a shirt an idea came to her mind. She realized she needed to focus on the shirt itself. She needed to speak to it not, about it. She took a deep breath and thought about the Latin pronunciation.

"revertetur ad me" She said with confidence and finally the shirt began to move before it flew out of DeeDee's hand and in to Samantha's. She quickly put it back on and held on to it, as if being afraid to lose it again. She had a relieved smile though, proud of herself that she was actually able to get her shirt back.

DeeDee
The Devil's Den

I couldn't help giggling at the shy remarks and the failed attempts, it was both funny, cute and adorable. Like sir Stabsalot when he realizes his little wheel doesn't actually goes anywhere. When it finally succeeded, a little applause felt required. "I was beginning to wonder if you'd ever get it back, it was really fun to watch though. And it's things like that, that train you to think outside the box and magic in general only exists outside the box. Not sure if what I just said makes any sense but to be honest magic isn't supposed to make sense either." Finishing the most recent bottle I had and not feeling like trying to get drunk any longer it seemed pointless to get another one. This situation was to much fun to get drunk anyway.

I stood up and got closer to Sam, seemingly stretching a bit wile talking. "I'll be happy to try and teach you more, not sure how could I'd be at teaching, never done it before. But I suppose that was a good first lesson." I bent over to her and got remarkably close to her, closer than most people would find comfortable and began whispering "But if it takes that long for you to figure it out next time, then I'll be taking your bra as well." Unaware of it myself, the end of my tail had wrapped itself around Sam's leg and my lips were close enough to hers it seemed like I was trying to kiss her before backing off with a wink and a smile, and sitting down again.
Last edited by Siliarba on Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:00 pm

Jump City
Two thieves had just broken into the Jump City Bank, taking advantage of the chaos in the city. They got to the safe, and, unknowingly were being watched. Without warning, one was pounced on from above. The second pulled a gun and pointed at black figure standing where his partner was. He was cat-like, but a rapier was strapped to his side, he wore a Mexican Wedding Shirt, pants, a cape and he wore a feather hat. After picking up his fallen hat, he said in a thick Spanish Accent, "You banditos take advantage of chaos. You have no honor, Senor. You could at least wait until the city is not in panic." He used his tail to knock the gun from the stranger's hand, then stepped in the way of the criminal and spoke again, "Senor, my honor cannot allow you to pass."

The criminal doubled up his fists ready to fight and said, "Look, I don't know who you are, kitty, but I am going to knock you into next week if you do not step aside."

"My apologies," the stranger said, using his rapier to scratch a 'P' on the safe, then got into a dramatic stance, "You would be wise to pray for mercy from the Panther." He pointed his rapier at the criminal's neck, "Surrender, or I shall introduce you to a world of pain."

"Please-don't hurt me," begged the criminal, falling on his knees.

Panther smacked the criminal over the head with the flat of the rapier, tied him up, and left a note for the police. "Now, I take my leave." He threw the doors of the bank open and strode out. Groups of people were panicking, running away from the zoo. Panther ran towards the zoo, his honor was pulling him towards it.
Last edited by Osnil on Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quavv
Senator

Founded: Dec 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Quavv » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:17 pm

Osnil wrote:
Quavv wrote:
"Something about when you cut off one head more will spawn in its place?" asked Demon Blade, "Definitely sounds like Hydra." "My question is," Panda interjected, "Why would Hydra capture our friend Ara here? What were they planning to do with her before she escaped? Also, what was their purpose in releasing that beast here? And how did they create it?" "We've got a lot of unanswered questions," said Bolin, "We'll have to work with the Chinese government to further investigate Hydra's presence here. I know Hydra is mainly focused in Europe so it's possible that Ara here escaped from their only base in China, but we can't be sure. It may be a good idea for us to stay here in China for the next few weeks."

"That's fine with me," replied Panda. "Whatever it takes to rid the region of the disease which is Hydra," said Demon Blade. "Well I'm not going back to Japan by myself," said White Lotus, "So I guess I'm stuck here." "Ara," said Bolin, "How about you stick with us while we figure this situation out?"

"I can already tell you the answer to the first question," Ara said, "they wanted me to tell them how to get more of my friends. I wouldn't tell them one thing. Their feeble attempts at torturing me to get the information availed nothing. They used an element to torture me, but they should know that elements are fruitless against Ara the Undefeated. As for the other questions, I assume that there was some sort prior plan which I interrupted in my escape. I would be more than willing to stay here for the time being, to help you."

"Luckily I assumed there would come a time where we'd need to operate out of China," said Bolin, "So I had a temporary base constructed a few miles south of here in the city of Hangzhou. Panda, you fly everyone to Hangzhou in the Quinjet. I'm going to fly to Beijing to get things situated with the President. He'll want to know what happened here and how we plan to move forward." "Understood," replied Panda. "It'll be nice to have another girl on the team for a change," said White Lotus as she walked towards the Quinjet. "Ara," said Bolin, "These 'friends' of yours won't tear up the furniture at the base will they?"
Join us in this awesome adventure -------------------------------> World of Gods

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:29 pm

Quavv wrote:
Osnil wrote:"I can already tell you the answer to the first question," Ara said, "they wanted me to tell them how to get more of my friends. I wouldn't tell them one thing. Their feeble attempts at torturing me to get the information availed nothing. They used an element to torture me, but they should know that elements are fruitless against Ara the Undefeated. As for the other questions, I assume that there was some sort prior plan which I interrupted in my escape. I would be more than willing to stay here for the time being, to help you."

"Luckily I assumed there would come a time where we'd need to operate out of China," said Bolin, "So I had a temporary base constructed a few miles south of here in the city of Hangzhou. Panda, you fly everyone to Hangzhou in the Quinjet. I'm going to fly to Beijing to get things situated with the President. He'll want to know what happened here and how we plan to move forward." "Understood," replied Panda. "It'll be nice to have another girl on the team for a change," said White Lotus as she walked towards the Quinjet. "Ara," said Bolin, "These 'friends' of yours won't tear up the furniture at the base will they?"

Ara looked at the raptors, realizing that Bolin was worried about the raptors, "Well, if you have a suitable area outside they won't need to destroy your furniture. The raptors aren't the problem I'd be worried about-the pterosaurs is the thing I'd be concerned with. If this base you mentioned is inside, I would either prepare a suitable area for the pterosaurs and raptors away from your valued furniture or else it might be destroyed. As a matter of fact, I didn't see my T-rex when I released my friends. And a raptor was missing."

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:30 pm

New Rnclave wrote:
Turmenista wrote:
Myosai

Hiroshi... Hiroshi...

Myosai had to remember this name. This guy seemed like such a wonderful person to be playing with, considering how boring it was lazing around in the desert with Tina. She then went into detail on explaining the rules, on how each time they passed the Ball of Doom towards each other, it would increase in size and intensity. Considering her regenerative capabilities, Myosai would likely win, but maybe it would be like with Cell, where he was durable enough to tank an attack of that strength.

Or, even better, it'd turn into a full on brawl. The formations of volcanic Rock Magnus put up during their fight with the Androids provided the perfect, destructible arena, without the risk of unintentionally killing a large amount of civilians. And since Tina was by far the most durable of the group, she didn't have to worry if the ball accidentally hit her. In fact, Tina might not even feel it.

Myosai grinned, but realized she had to add one important note, before she charged the purple ball of ki energy. "If this becomes a full on fight, we don't use weapons. They are unfair." She reached behind her outfit, typically worn by most Majin, and unhooked a rather fancy looking sword sheath from around her belt.

The weapon plummeted towards the ground, planting itself perfectly into the sand. Myosai's own sword, she'd used it in her small encounter with that strange-looking Demon and Cell. Despite having the appearance of a regular sword, hers was powered by her own Ki energy. Should she feel like it, the sword could grant her an amazing advantage if the blade was powered by her Ki.

Myosai didn't really take kindly to unfair advantages in fair fights, despite being able to regenerate. Her sword would definitely give her an advantage over Hiroshi.

"Alright. Here goes!" She squeaked cheerfully, tossing the sphere into the air. It seemed to be emitting a steady pulse of invisible power waves, pushing the sand by and humming with a slight buzz as its light reflected off of the sand. For a moment, it seemed to soar into the air without any stop, or any care in the world.

A flash in Myosai's eye gave the signal for Hiroshi to prepare.

Almost like a volleyball player, the ball of ki began plummeting like a rock, as if it were affected by gravity. Myosai leaped several feet into the air, to a level where she was able to ball her fists together, and spike the ball down towards Hiroshi.

This time, the sphere began emitting intense heat and energy. Fiery purple aura trailed behind it as sand and volcanic rock rose from the floor. Closing in on Hiroshi like a missile, Myosai questioned on whether or not accidentally killing her new friend would be wise or not. She'd nearly killed Magnus and wiped out an entire island the first time she met him, and nearly blew up half of Mars in her game of Death Ball with Cell.

Still, the results would be.. interesting. He seemed to have a power way over Cell's prime. If she could tank her own Death Balls, then Hiroshi could as well.

Hiroshi:

Roaring, Hiroshi brought his power to hear, his skin itself glowing with the power of a Super Saiyan. In a rush of raw power, his aura blasting outwards, the world around him slowed, the already burned and broken landscape around him shakigj with the force. Rubble around him picked up in the air, rivers of magma slowing to a snails pace, and it seemed even the Earth itself slowed. Pointing his hands forward, Hiroshi gave a grunt as the orb impacted his palms.

The ground behind him caved in every direction, and even now, the bolt of energy burned his hands, the top part of his dogi almost evaporating. The already brittle earth around him collapsed, his feet sliding forward as rovers of magma flowed past him, only kept at bay by the sheer volume of his power.

But beyond the pulsing of the orb, and beyond the thrumming energy of his aura, Hiroshi could feel the power this chick was putting out. If she provided this much of a challenge as a Super Saiyan, this was going to be an amazing fight.

Looking into the orb of blinding light, Hiroshi gave a low growl, stretching hsi stength to its limits. With one great motion, and with a heave of his extended arms, Hiroshi built up power in his legs, lunging forward, before thrusting his arms forward, the churning mass of energy spinning on its axis, before rocketing back towards Myosai.

Myosai

Maybe I should put much less power into that next time..

The intense heat of her own attack being sent back at her could be felt even from all the way over at a distance where the Saiyan was. Myosai's own Ball of Doom shined bright purple and pink, as time itself seemed to warp around this single piece of destruction.

Myosai's attack ripped up columns of sand and sandstone around them, moving at a fast enough rate that a Vapor cone appeared around the now massive orb. True to the rules of the Game, Myosai's ki ball grew larger and more intense and stronger energy-wise with every deflection. Even she doubted if she could even take this one on.

Myosai also thrust her arms forth, preparing to catch her attack. The orb closed in on her location, turning the general area around her a deep pinkish purple as most visible light became blocked out by the orb. Upon impact with the ki ball, Myosai's regenerating skin began chipping and peeling away from the intense output of energy in her attack. She let out an audible grunt as the sphere hit her like a truck.

The ground could not take any more of this. Most lava in the area had vaporized, with the nearby sand dunes which the ball passed over partially turned into glass. The towers of rock formation Magnus had built collapsed instantly as the ball had passed by them; the ball itself left a deep, spacious Crater which revealed a massive, elaborate and expansive cave system below- the perfect semi-indoor battleground.

No matter how much Myosai wished to fight this guy down there, she had to remember one thing: NEWSFLASH, MYOSAI, You're gonna be vaporized if you don't push this attack back soon!

The ball had already began to eat away at her forearms, even her clothes were starting to rip and show her undergarments. She would be embarrassed, if her life wasn't on the line. Drawing one right arm away, Myosai held her attack in a vice grip as she waited for her right fist to regenerate. Not too long after, her pink fist had re-assembled itself where it was previously burnt off, good as new. Myosai channeled as much energy as she could into her upper body, not caring about her lower body since the ground really had turned into a crater and the cave. Her fist launched forth, smashing her side of the ball as hard as she ever could.

The intense heat around Myosai zipped from around her as her ball rocketed towards Hiroshi. Or, actually, towards the sky.

Myosai knew that if this happened for any longer, her new friend or even herself would likely be vaporized from the power of the attack. She had to be careful with that- she'd almost severed Africa from Saudi Arabia when she accidentally fired one towards Earth during her small time with Dabra, and she nearly killed herself during her match of Death Ball with Cell, in which case, he won.

So, she had to think of some ingenious excuse on why the ball 'accidentally' exploded in the sky. Her orb traveled up on an upwards slope, trailing upwards at the right moment to completley miss Hiroshi and instead lie right above them, like a Sun. Even at that moment, Myosai could feel the power of the ball triple and the size double. By now, it had to be massive.

"Wait! No!" She begged, holding an arm out in his direction. Her 'hair', or whatever you call it, drooped down by her, some of it even blocking her face. "Don't hit it! It's gonna kill yo-" She stopped. "Wait! Game's over!" She hollered. "I win- We win- wait, there's no winners!"

Myosai's ki ball hovered far above them both. Unstable, lightning cracked around it as its fiery aura licked the tops of the surviving columns of rock. Then, without Myosai's intention, the Ball could not hold any longer, and popped.

------

Magnus's Island

Another rumble echoed across the earth, reaching Magnus's Island.

"Okay. Did you fucking hear that?!" Magnus yelled.

"The only thing I hear is nothing- I'm trying to look for Tyrax. Damn lizard escaped us."

Magnus stared off across the Persian Gulf, towards where Saudi Arabia would've been. A massive, purple-pink flash of light was seen across the horizon, followed by a thick purple haze filling the area. More tremors happened after that, this time, more severe.

Odysseus stopped what he was doing, staring off where magnus had stared off at for the past 30 seconds, like a groundhog. He slowly took off his sunglasses, staring in awe at the sight. "Holy fucking shit." He said in disbelief. "Is that Myosai?!"

"The shockwave on that must be-"

Magnus was cut off as a gigantic, whitish-clear dome appeared into view, pushing away the clouds effortlessly and whipping up waves which splashed against the coast of the Island. The shockwave might've sent Odysseus off of his feet, but it was not strong enough to physically harm Magnus, Odysseus, or the surrounding area.

"What the fuck was that?!" Magnus shouted.

Quavv
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quavv » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:43 pm

Osnil wrote:
Quavv wrote:

Ara looked at the raptors, realizing that Bolin was worried about the raptors, "Well, if you have a suitable area outside they won't need to destroy your furniture. The raptors aren't the problem I'd be worried about-the pterosaurs is the thing I'd be concerned with. If this base you mentioned is inside, I would either prepare a suitable area for the pterosaurs and raptors away from your valued furniture or else it might be destroyed. As a matter of fact, I didn't see my T-rex when I released my friends. And a raptor was missing."

"Yeah...the T-Rex won't even fit in the quinjet," said Panda. "And I'm pretty sure the Chinese won't appreciate a bunch of dinos running around," said Bolin, "Is there any way to...I dunno...send em back? Now that you've got us to help you, I think your dino pals might become more of a burden than a help." "They'd probably be safer back in...wherever you came from anyway," said White Lotus, "Hydra might try to capture them and use them in experiments to create more of those monsters."
Join us in this awesome adventure -------------------------------> World of Gods

New Rnclave
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 18, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rnclave » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:47 pm

Turmenista wrote:
New Rnclave wrote:
Hiroshi:

Roaring, Hiroshi brought his power to hear, his skin itself glowing with the power of a Super Saiyan. In a rush of raw power, his aura blasting outwards, the world around him slowed, the already burned and broken landscape around him shakigj with the force. Rubble around him picked up in the air, rivers of magma slowing to a snails pace, and it seemed even the Earth itself slowed. Pointing his hands forward, Hiroshi gave a grunt as the orb impacted his palms.

The ground behind him caved in every direction, and even now, the bolt of energy burned his hands, the top part of his dogi almost evaporating. The already brittle earth around him collapsed, his feet sliding forward as rovers of magma flowed past him, only kept at bay by the sheer volume of his power.

But beyond the pulsing of the orb, and beyond the thrumming energy of his aura, Hiroshi could feel the power this chick was putting out. If she provided this much of a challenge as a Super Saiyan, this was going to be an amazing fight.

Looking into the orb of blinding light, Hiroshi gave a low growl, stretching hsi stength to its limits. With one great motion, and with a heave of his extended arms, Hiroshi built up power in his legs, lunging forward, before thrusting his arms forward, the churning mass of energy spinning on its axis, before rocketing back towards Myosai.

Myosai

Maybe I should put much less power into that next time..

The intense heat of her own attack being sent back at her could be felt even from all the way over at a distance where the Saiyan was. Myosai's own Ball of Doom shined bright purple and pink, as time itself seemed to warp around this single piece of destruction.

Myosai's attack ripped up columns of sand and sandstone around them, moving at a fast enough rate that a Vapor cone appeared around the now massive orb. True to the rules of the Game, Myosai's ki ball grew larger and more intense and stronger energy-wise with every deflection. Even she doubted if she could even take this one on.

Myosai also thrust her arms forth, preparing to catch her attack. The orb closed in on her location, turning the general area around her a deep pinkish purple as most visible light became blocked out by the orb. Upon impact with the ki ball, Myosai's regenerating skin began chipping and peeling away from the intense output of energy in her attack. She let out an audible grunt as the sphere hit her like a truck.

The ground could not take any more of this. Most lava in the area had vaporized, with the nearby sand dunes which the ball passed over partially turned into glass. The towers of rock formation Magnus had built collapsed instantly as the ball had passed by them; the ball itself left a deep, spacious Crater which revealed a massive, elaborate and expansive cave system below- the perfect semi-indoor battleground.

No matter how much Myosai wished to fight this guy down there, she had to remember one thing: NEWSFLASH, MYOSAI, You're gonna be vaporized if you don't push this attack back soon!

The ball had already began to eat away at her forearms, even her clothes were starting to rip and show her undergarments. She would be embarrassed, if her life wasn't on the line. Drawing one right arm away, Myosai held her attack in a vice grip as she waited for her right fist to regenerate. Not too long after, her pink fist had re-assembled itself where it was previously burnt off, good as new. Myosai channeled as much energy as she could into her upper body, not caring about her lower body since the ground really had turned into a crater and the cave. Her fist launched forth, smashing her side of the ball as hard as she ever could.

The intense heat around Myosai zipped from around her as her ball rocketed towards Hiroshi. Or, actually, towards the sky.

Myosai knew that if this happened for any longer, her new friend or even herself would likely be vaporized from the power of the attack. She had to be careful with that- she'd almost severed Africa from Saudi Arabia when she accidentally fired one towards Earth during her small time with Dabra, and she nearly killed herself during her match of Death Ball with Cell, in which case, he won.

So, she had to think of some ingenious excuse on why the ball 'accidentally' exploded in the sky. Her orb traveled up on an upwards slope, trailing upwards at the right moment to completley miss Hiroshi and instead lie right above them, like a Sun. Even at that moment, Myosai could feel the power of the ball triple and the size double. By now, it had to be massive.

"Wait! No!" She begged, holding an arm out in his direction. Her 'hair', or whatever you call it, drooped down by her, some of it even blocking her face. "Don't hit it! It's gonna kill yo-" She stopped. "Wait! Game's over!" She hollered. "I win- We win- wait, there's no winners!"

Myosai's ki ball hovered far above them both. Unstable, lightning cracked around it as its fiery aura licked the tops of the surviving columns of rock. Then, without Myosai's intention, the Ball could not hold any longer, and popped.

------

Magnus's Island

Another rumble echoed across the earth, reaching Magnus's Island.

"Okay. Did you fucking hear that?!" Magnus yelled.

"The only thing I hear is nothing- I'm trying to look for Tyrax. Damn lizard escaped us."

Magnus stared off across the Persian Gulf, towards where Saudi Arabia would've been. A massive, purple-pink flash of light was seen across the horizon, followed by a thick purple haze filling the area. More tremors happened after that, this time, more severe.

Odysseus stopped what he was doing, staring off where magnus had stared off at for the past 30 seconds, like a groundhog. He slowly took off his sunglasses, staring in awe at the sight. "Holy fucking shit." He said in disbelief. "Is that Myosai?!"

"The shockwave on that must be-"

Magnus was cut off as a gigantic, whitish-clear dome appeared into view, pushing away the clouds effortlessly and whipping up waves which splashed against the coast of the Island. The shockwave might've sent Odysseus off of his feet, but it was not strong enough to physically harm Magnus, Odysseus, or the surrounding area.

"What the fuck was that?!" Magnus shouted.

Hiroshi:

The world exploded into a corona of purple and pink, even the sun being drowned out by the incredible power of the orb. Throwing both hands in front of his face, Hiroshi felt wave after wave of pure energy wash over him, his heels digging deep ruts into the landscape as he was pushed backwards.

Golden energy preceded the Hybrids arrival before Myosai, his green dogi having almost evaporated before the heat of the attack.

" Wow. That was a strong attack." Hiroshi said in awe.
Finland SSR wrote: Sex is a form of competitive martial arts, after all.
Hate. HATE. Were I Human...
I Think I Would Die of It.

Beat it, Toots. These Streets Ain't What They Used to Be

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:50 pm

Quavv wrote:
Osnil wrote:Ara looked at the raptors, realizing that Bolin was worried about the raptors, "Well, if you have a suitable area outside they won't need to destroy your furniture. The raptors aren't the problem I'd be worried about-the pterosaurs is the thing I'd be concerned with. If this base you mentioned is inside, I would either prepare a suitable area for the pterosaurs and raptors away from your valued furniture or else it might be destroyed. As a matter of fact, I didn't see my T-rex when I released my friends. And a raptor was missing."

"Yeah...the T-Rex won't even fit in the quinjet," said Panda. "And I'm pretty sure the Chinese won't appreciate a bunch of dinos running around," said Bolin, "Is there any way to...I dunno...send em back? Now that you've got us to help you, I think your dino pals might become more of a burden than a help." "They'd probably be safer back in...wherever you came from anyway," said White Lotus, "Hydra might try to capture them and use them in experiments to create more of those monsters."

Ara thought for a moment, then sighed, "I shall take them back to the Tribal Lands for their own safety. It is my duty as a Tribal to put those I love ahead of myself." She made a sharp whistle, and the raptors, the sabretooth tiger, and the pterosaurs all swarmed to her. She fingered her necklace and said, "I will return to aid you shortly. I have to make arrangements for their care." She vanished into a cloud of smoke. After fifteen minutes or so, she reappeared. "My apologies for taking so long," she said.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:52 pm

Elena Galadera/Stormlight

While she fought alongside the others, she took the time to study how they fought, Elena mostly providing support and quick attacks for the moment. The one called Mars with his robot Rocket seemed a loner, which had both its positives and negatives. She had a sense that he would be the careful, meticulous one at times, not rushing or charging into the battle. However, he would need to learn teamwork as well, combining his attacks with others. She could see no future problems with Rikki, who could fly very well, and had an interesting range of abilities that would serve her well. However, Elena wasn't quite sure of her defensive capabilities yet. Kirisvala, as most of the teens, was quite powerful in her own way, though she needed more precision with her attacks. Also, she would have to learn to make sure no one her teammates were in the way before using her voice.

Talak was a bit hard to observe, as he was moving so fast. The common problem with speedsters was that they didn't know how to truly fight, they just kicked, punched, grabbed, and ran. Once he learned strategy and more specific fighting techniques, she predicted that he would be nearly unstoppable. Xyrixia's powers of altering her own body and absorption were incredibly useful as well, but Elena wasn't quite sure the extent of what she could absorb. Jake had some of the powers of a Kryptonian, but he needed to control himself, and be less reckless. Van perhaps had the most interesting powers of the young group, and he showed much promise, like the rest of them. However, he would need a more efficient way of long range combat, extending his telekinetic shield had tired him. And as for herself, Elena ducking below a punch and returning one with a Stormlight enhancement, she needed to pay more attention during a battle.

Turning herself invisible, she snuck around the battlesuit and placed a hand on its back, heating it up to unbearable levels, the Rantu inside soon using its eject fucntion to jettison him or herself out, screaming. She took a moment to look at the battlesuit, finding it quite impressive, promising herself to take another look after the battle. They were all fighting alongside each other, but they weren't truly fighting together, Elena thought before leaping back into the fray.

She turned around when poked, seeing another young man, asking her to share a drink. Raising an eyebrow, which he probably couldn't see, she asked, "Aren't you a bit young for those?" nodding to his cigar and the beer before leaping above the stranger to smash a disc that had attempted to sneak up on him.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Quavv
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quavv » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:04 pm

Osnil wrote:
Quavv wrote:

Ara thought for a moment, then sighed, "I shall take them back to the Tribal Lands for their own safety. It is my duty as a Tribal to put those I love ahead of myself." She made a sharp whistle, and the raptors, the sabretooth tiger, and the pterosaurs all swarmed to her. She fingered her necklace and said, "I will return to aid you shortly. I have to make arrangements for their care." She vanished into a cloud of smoke. After fifteen minutes or so, she reappeared. "My apologies for taking so long," she said.

Upon her return, Mecha Sentinel had already left. "Mecha Sentinel headed off towards Beijing to talk with the President," said Demon Blade, "And Panda and White Lotus are already on the Quinjet. Follow me."

Meanwhile...

Mecha Sentinel was flying through the air, on route to Beijing. "Hydra sure is annoying," thought Bolin, "They never seem to give up. I wonder why they're putting so much into this regional operation. I mean, what's so special about East Asia? You'd think they would have put their resources to better use in Europe or North America where the rewards and resistance is greater. What the heck is Hydra up to?" Bolin remained uneasy about the situation. Although it was confirmed that there was a Hydra base in Shanghai, that was about the extent of the information gained. So much still remains a mystery. "I've got a bad feeling about this," he thought, "We'd better keep our guard up."

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:15 pm

Quavv wrote:
Osnil wrote:Ara thought for a moment, then sighed, "I shall take them back to the Tribal Lands for their own safety. It is my duty as a Tribal to put those I love ahead of myself." She made a sharp whistle, and the raptors, the sabretooth tiger, and the pterosaurs all swarmed to her. She fingered her necklace and said, "I will return to aid you shortly. I have to make arrangements for their care." She vanished into a cloud of smoke. After fifteen minutes or so, she reappeared. "My apologies for taking so long," she said.

Upon her return, Mecha Sentinel had already left. "Mecha Sentinel headed off towards Beijing to talk with the President," said Demon Blade, "And Panda and White Lotus are already on the Quinjet. Follow me."

Ara nodded and followed Demon Blade to the Quinjet. Once she boarded, she looked around at everything, taking it all in. This was new to her. She stared at the controls and the seats. She stared through the windows, always keeping her spear in hand thinking that any moment something might come to life and attack her. Her club and rod were strapped to her back by a vine. "This is an unusual transportation system," Ara said out loud, "normally we use pterosaurs, plesiosaurs, or other dinosaurs to get from place to place."

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:37 pm

Jump City
Sancho reached the Jump City Zoo. People were still running. Slews of flying drones were everywhere, shooting at people. A group was already fighting them. A civilian was about to be blasted, and Sancho tackled him, with both barely dodging the blast. He help the man up, bowed, and said, "My apologies, I did what needed to be done to save your life, Señor." He pointed in the opposite direction of the battle and said, "If I were you, I would run that way." The man started, then looked back. "Ahora!" Sancho yelled, "now!" The man began running as fast as possible.

He turned to face the drones, "Now, invaders, you shall pray for mercy from the Panther!" He whipped out his sword and knocked a drone out of commission. Four or five drones came after him, "This is malo, very malo." In a coordinated attack, the drones all fired on him. He collapsed to the ground, then rose up as the Winged Panther. He roared, and flew toward the sky at the drones, swatting them out of commission. He roared again.

Quavv
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quavv » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:09 pm

Osnil wrote:
Quavv wrote:

Ara nodded and followed Demon Blade to the Quinjet. Once she boarded, she looked around at everything, taking it all in. This was new to her. She stared at the controls and the seats. She stared through the windows, always keeping her spear in hand thinking that any moment something might come to life and attack her. Her club and rod were strapped to her back by a vine. "This is an unusual transportation system," Ara said out loud, "normally we use pterosaurs, plesiosaurs, or other dinosaurs to get from place to place."

Everyone in the group chuckled at Ara's curiosity"We may have done that too a couple million years ago," said White Lotus, "But we've invented better forms of transportation now." "So Ara," said Demon Blade, "Tell us a bit about yourself. You say you are undefeated, immortal, and have been adopted into a family from another world. Perhaps you could tell us about these Tribal Lands that you are from and why the fate of our world is any concern to your people."

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:39 pm

Quavv wrote:
Osnil wrote:Ara nodded and followed Demon Blade to the Quinjet. Once she boarded, she looked around at everything, taking it all in. This was new to her. She stared at the controls and the seats. She stared through the windows, always keeping her spear in hand thinking that any moment something might come to life and attack her. Her club and rod were strapped to her back by a vine. "This is an unusual transportation system," Ara said out loud, "normally we use pterosaurs, plesiosaurs, or other dinosaurs to get from place to place."

Everyone in the group chuckled at Ara's curiosity"We may have done that too a couple million years ago," said White Lotus, "But we've invented better forms of transportation now." "So Ara," said Demon Blade, "Tell us a bit about yourself. You say you are undefeated, immortal, and have been adopted into a family from another world. Perhaps you could tell us about these Tribal Lands that you are from and why the fate of our world is any concern to your people."

When Demon Blade asked her about the Tribal Lands, Ara closed her eyes, remembering the Tribal Lands. "It's a beautiful place. There is a lush jungle, a frozen mountain, warm beaches, and a scorching desert. The Tribals make their home in the jungle in Treetop City. Before that, they lived in mud huts in the desert, and before that, they lived in the caves. My father, the Great Chief Unga built the Treetop City after his wife, after whom I am named died, and he could not bear the sight of the desert as it reminded him of her. You see, if one Tribal mourns, the rest mourn with them."

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:16 pm

Charmera wrote:---

The Starlight wrote:---

Tomia wrote:---

Kirisvala was quite happy that her song had managed to cause so many of those orange disc things to back off from her and the rest of the group. She didn't want them to hurt her friends, after all, so this was good news. The holy flames that were summoned thanks to her spellsong were quite effective in destroying the Rantu drones, and so, she sustained it even as the dropships deposited other troops on the ground, as there were still drones to take care of. More and more bolts of white fire shot out from the aura surrounding the Hadrian singer, and more and more drones were shattered, their pieces being set ablaze and falling to the ground.

However, upon seeing someone else arrive, Kirisvala's friendly instincts took over, and she stopped singing for a moment, though the aura of blazing holiness lingered around her, as the music of the spell still reverberated in the air. She looked out towards where Elena was hurling pretty lights and weird-shaped things at the drones, and waved at her with one of her massive claws. "Hello there! I'm Kirisvala, nice to meet you!" She shouted over the sound of battle.

This momentary distraction was unfortunately enough for one of the Rantu to arrive next to her and fire a weapon at her, and it was a miracle that Rantu were apparently not well acquainted with Hadrians, as this one fired towards the one claw that was still covering her chest, instead of aiming elsewhere. The powerful appendage managed to tank the shot, but it caused Kiris to yelp in pain and look towards where the Rantu soldier was. Frowning, she did something rather curious: hopping up a little bit, she fell and bent her knees, before jumping forward, landing on her claws as if doing a handstand. Then, bending her elbows, she pushed herself off the ground with great force, 'jumping' far more than she would've been able to otherwise. The bewildered Rantu looked up, but was unable to spot his target anymore.

"Watch where you point that thing, meanie!" Came the voice form behind him all of the sudden, as the young Hadrian landed just behind him. Before he could even turn around, she took hold of him with her massive claws and then sank her teeth into his shoulder, her powerful jaws and sharp fangs allowing her to easily dig through the armor and into his skin. The Rantu began flailing and his angry shouting soon filled the air.

Tomia wrote:---

"Take care. Don't wander off with a stranger this early." Sarah commented as she heard her sister Samantha excuse herself, looking in the direction she was heading and noticing an attractive woman sitting there. Smiling slightly, very amused at the implications, she shook her head and then turned her attention back to Morgan. He was resisting her innate supernatural influences magnificently, she would give him that much; most people would have given in to her charms by now, or at least cracked a little bit. But John, he seemed perfectly fine despite her flirting, and that intrigued her. She'd seldom met someone with such a strong will, so she was even more determined to make his mental defences go down.

Yet, she knew that it was also not normal. If all he had wanted was to score or simply approach her out of curiosity, then he likely wouldn't be making such a big effort to play it cool. Thus, though she was still interested in seeing how strong his will was, she figured she could also investigate a little.

Pausing, she blinked once, and giggled a little. The mind link she shared with her sisters had many interesting applications, and among other things, it allowed her to glimpse into what her sisters felt. Now, Hanah was understandably hungry, not much to see there. But Sam? Sam was very flustered and very fascinated by something at the same time, and suddenly, embarassment flared up in her, leading the elder Grimm to glance back to where her sister was, noticing that she was all of the sudden without a shirt. Quickly looking away, she shook her head once again. "You're having a lot of fun there, aren't you?" She said to her sister through the mind link, before turning her attention back to John.

"That's very interesting, John. I must say I didn't expect to meet someone who was handsome and rich at the same time so soon. I must be one lucky girl" She teased him. "Me and my sisters aren't from around here, so we don't know much about the situation here. We're just visiting, like I said." She commented. Nothing meaningful, not yet. But then, staring him straight in the eye with her own crimson gaze, she spoke, her words now carrying the weight of her hypnotic suggestion powers. "So, tell me, John, is there any reason you decided to swing by? Aside from checking on your company, I mean." She stated. Now, given his strong will, he could certainly try to resist the influence, which was several times stronger now (though only insofar as it compelled him to answer; her allure was otherwise the same), or even give an evasive answer which 'answered', but didn't tell her much. He could do any of these things, but Sarah was hoping that, by taking him off-guard, she'd get something out of him.

Charmera wrote:---

Hadrimmelis smiled back at her younger sister, though it was a slightly sad smile, not in the least as cheerful as the ones shared during their conversation in the asteroid field. "And I see now that I should have, sister, I should have trusted all of you with this secret, even despite Kazayannú's orders to the contrary. But I did not know this back then. I had no way of knowing." She admitted, clearly not content with having kept the secret from Yamirakkelis, even though she'd spoken to Tarasekannú about it.

However, at her sister's next question, she frowned slightly, standing up and pacing around the great temple they were in.

"The one method that we have available is Addraku. He was designed to combat those who are like Ku." The scarlet dragon spoke, though it was clear that it troubled her to continue speaking about him as if he was a weapon. "Aside from that, however, it is likely that it will take the power of our awakened forms to fight against them. I would advise you all to start concocting planetary evacuation protocols and such, in case our full might is needed to protect the universe." She stated. "Regarding any allies that might be here already, we have little reason to believe Ku's words, and even if he spoke the truth, there are no signs that any such associates are here. We will simply have to do our best to be ready, that is all we can do." She stated.

Of course, that wasn't entirely true. They could also attempt to make other creatures like Addraku, other Demon Slayers to fight back the Nilkin, but she was not willing to say that. She was not willing to cause something like that to happen again.

The Starlight wrote:---

Suddenly, a flash of light engulfed everything, and when the light died down, the room was broken, and molten metal lined the ground, and where there was once a wall, now there was none, and there was no door, and instead, sunlight streamed in through the hole in the building, though it was but the light of a flickering candle compared to the iridescent starlight that had lit up the world just a few moments earlier.

Then, while both Craig and Thaddeus were blinded by the burning flash, they would undoubtedly hear the lonely footsteps that echoed through the broken chamber, filling the smoking air, a pair of heavy metal boots clanking as they repeatedly struck the floor while the lone figure advanced.

The footsteps ceased, and once Ross was no longer blinded by the light, having recovered his sight, he found himself looking at a creature much smaller than his hulking red form, much smaller than Craig's silver-encased body even, a figure clad in an ornate crimson and silver armor, a horned helmet covering the figure's head. However, from beneath this helm, something was easily visible. A strange light, very much unlike the one that had blinded the two men before. They would soon realize that this light was, in fact, nothing more than a pair of glowing eyes, shining brightly with emerald light.

Eyes shining with the Will of the Rain.

"Leave." Came a rasped voice, the words barely making it out, as if there was clearly a struggle to maintain composure and calmness despite an evident inner fury. The voice was one that Ross likely had never heard before, though Craig on the other hand would recognize it with ease.

The Red Hulk ignored the girl's demands and attempted to swat her aside with his immeasureable strength, but he was incredibly surprised when he realized that the tiny frame of the armored warrior did not even move an inch as she held back his attack with her hand rather easily, or at least, it did not seem like she was making a considerable effort in resisting the impact, which was comparable with a massive nuclear explosion. Red Hulk, furious, raised his arms and then sent both of his fists together crashing down towards the girl's head, but the armored woman quickly raised up her sword above her head in a blocking position, and even though the fists caused an enormous shockwave as they smashed against the flat side of the blade, she didn't even flinch, her own strength increased several times by the power of her will, her determination to save the man she loved giving her strength in a way that was much more real than that gained by men and women caught in similar situations, similar stories.

"I said LEAVE!" She screamed out of the blue, sending her free fist barreling into the Red Hulk's gut, sending him through the wall opposite to the one where the girl had made her entrance, causing him to land deeper inside the facility, next to some of the incapacitated soldiers that Craig had weaved his way through. Slowly, Etla walked towards the hole in the wall and stepped through it. She would have loved to be able to just throw the armor away and take Craig into her embrace, away from all the darkness of that place, away from whatever they had done to him during the year he had been missing, but she simply could not do it, not yet. Not until she had made sure that he would be safe.

Ross stood up after being struck down, and charged towards Etla, who understood at last that he would not leave of his own free will. She would have to subjugate him in order to ensure Craig's safety. Raising her palm, she sent a stream of light and fire out towards him, powerful enough to decimate an army. But the red titan would not go down so easily, and though the fire burned, the light was absorbed by the man's power, increasing his strength several times. Not stopping his charge, he delivered a solid punch to the girl's chest, now far more destructive than the previous one. This time, she was sent skidding back along the floor, and at the end of her path, she fell to one knee. Though her body was not organic and she had no inner organs to be crushed bu the titan's fist, the blow had struck rather close to where her Core was, and she could still feel pain.

But the girl did not miss a single moment. Realizing that the blast of light had only made him stronger, she made a mental note not to use that kind of attack again, and instead braced herself as she saw Red Hulk charging once more. This time, instead of attempting to attack her with his fists, he brought his head crashing down against hers, and in response, all she did was respond in kind, their heads clashing violently.

Thaddeus, however, acted faster than her this time, and, while they were locked in a headbutt, he grabbed one of her arms and punched her torso repeatedly, his grip on her preventing her from flying off like the last time. Feeling her senses being flooded with pain, Etla struggled to break free from his grasp, or to find some sort of leverage that would allow her to force him to release her, but the Red Hulk was greatly empowered by the energy he had absorbed from her previous attack, giving him strength now greater than her own, his blows causing her damage that reached her Core, making her feel her grip on reality begin to slip, though her will remained unwavering all throughout this, her eyes still shining with emerald fire. Finally, after grasping at thin air for several moments, she found something that she could use, and, reaching in, she dug with her fingers and then pulled with all of her strength... taking Thunderbolt's eye with her.

The pain caused was enough to make him release her from his grip, and at that moment, she fell to her hands and knees, momentarily dropping her sword, trying to recover from the brutal trauma she had received, which had caused her armor to crack and her Core to begin faltering. But she wasn't about to give up, and as she saw Red Hulk approach once again, she fished her sword from the ground and brought up the blade to block his latest attack. There was something new this time, however, that caused her to realize what she could do in order to bring Thaddeus down. This new development was, quite simply, that her blade had grazed his arm, and his arm was bleeding as a result.

The light of realization dawned upon the shining Rainborn, and she took up her blade and used her superior speed in order to run around the Red Hulk faster than he could follow, creating a myriad of gashes and scars all throughout his body, blood falling from all of them as he flailed around in an attempt to catch the armored girl. Eventually, after several dozen cuts had appeared on his body, he managed to get a hold on her, and tossed her violently to the ground, leaving a crater where she landed. His strength was still greatly augmented, and so, he was about to go in for the killing blow, both of his fists going down with enough force to reduce her to nothing. She could see this clearly, and so, the Rainborn of glowing eyes scrambled to her feet, grasping her sword once again, and rushed forward.

Time seemed to freeze for a moment as both of the fighters came to a halt, the tip of a bloodied blade sticking out from behind Ross' back.

Stepping back, she took her sword out of the crimson titan's body, backing away from him and watching him fall to the ground.

The silence contrasted starkly with the loud noise of the battle that had taken place moments before, giving the scene an air of solemnity. As she stood perfectly still, her helmet seemed to split down the middle, both pieces sliding down to take the place of a pair of shoulder plates, revealing the face of the golden-haired Rainborn beneath. Her eyes slowly stopped shining with green light, the emerald flames steadily dying down until they were no more, leaving nothing more than the girl's usual green eyes, unnaturally glossy and bright, just like Craig remembered them.
Last edited by Zarkenis Ultima on Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Quavv
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quavv » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:21 pm

Osnil wrote:
Quavv wrote:

When Demon Blade asked her about the Tribal Lands, Ara closed her eyes, remembering the Tribal Lands. "It's a beautiful place. There is a lush jungle, a frozen mountain, warm beaches, and a scorching desert. The Tribals make their home in the jungle in Treetop City. Before that, they lived in mud huts in the desert, and before that, they lived in the caves. My father, the Great Chief Unga built the Treetop City after his wife, after whom I am named died, and he could not bear the sight of the desert as it reminded him of her. You see, if one Tribal mourns, the rest mourn with them."

"Interesting," said Demon Blade, "Your world doesn't sound too different from ours." "Tell us about your Chief," said White Lotus, "How is he able to see between worlds and why does he have an interest here?" "Did your Chief seem to have any idea what he was sending you to protect us from," said Panda, "It would seem odd to send an adopted daughter to fight an unknown threat in another world."

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:32 pm

Quavv wrote:
Osnil wrote:When Demon Blade asked her about the Tribal Lands, Ara closed her eyes, remembering the Tribal Lands. "It's a beautiful place. There is a lush jungle, a frozen mountain, warm beaches, and a scorching desert. The Tribals make their home in the jungle in Treetop City. Before that, they lived in mud huts in the desert, and before that, they lived in the caves. My father, the Great Chief Unga built the Treetop City after his wife, after whom I am named died, and he could not bear the sight of the desert as it reminded him of her. You see, if one Tribal mourns, the rest mourn with them."

"Interesting," said Demon Blade, "Your world doesn't sound too different from ours." "Tell us about your Chief," said White Lotus, "How is he able to see between worlds and why does he have an interest here?" "Did your Chief seem to have any idea what he was sending you to protect us from," said Panda, "It would seem odd to send an adopted daughter to fight an unknown threat in another world."

"First, he did not send me of his will. I think he would have forbidden it from happening if her were alive when I left. He died two years ago, and I have taken the title of Chieftess. There is a magic pool that allows us to see between worlds, as well as we can travel between worlds using our necklaces. The pool is how he found me and took pity on me. Another pool sees into the future. It can allow one to see vaguely into the future, but the future is avoidable. A wise shaman saw that in the future a darkness would cover everything on this world and that I would have to stop it. I chose to leave everything I've ever known to come to a world that left me to die," Ara replied.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:10 pm

Daniel Carter-38 Yrs-Wherever Eldara is

Pyrade wrote:Eldara

A day had passed before I was notified that the first ring had claimed a recruit for the new and resurgent Bronze Lantern Corps. Mayla had just returned home and the two of us had been staying rather close since last night. As she entered the home carrying two large brown paper bags filled with groceries, I stood up and retrieved one from her, and set it upon the counter top. "I will be leaving for a short while, the first ring has found a suitable bearer. I will be home for supper." She muttered a 'ok' and gave a weak smile, but I could see that she doubted my promise. To reassure her, I gently lifted her chin up and kissed her on the cheek. "You will hardly notice." The display had the desired affect, as she seemed to brighten up. "Dont leave me waiting now." She requested, as I placed a Bronze Ring upon my finger. As the glow overtook me and a new uniform appeared decorating my body. One which I had not worn for years. Using the power of the ring to take flight, and to locate and track the newest recruit, I began to sail through the skies in search of the chosen individual.

The individual was not hard to find. There was a android, with Auburn hair and a bronze uniform, which was watching the news from a television in a electronics store. Seems the ring took the logic aspect rather literally, finding a machine rather than an organic to bear it's power. Regardless of that choice, she would do just fine. I was only here to explain the situation to her, there was not really much of a rule book to come with the ring.

I hovered above the new recruit in question, as I slowly lowered myself down to her level. The two rings could be seen responding to each other, their charge growing more powerful the closer we were in proximity. As I finally touched down, several feet away from her I needlessly announced myself, as she had obviously detected me by now.

"Enjoying the new look?" I asked, in a casual opening. Before moving on to more pressing business of actually explaining what she had. I motioned with my hands and took a couple steps toward her.

"What you have is a Bronze Lantern ring, and you...are the first member recruited to the Bronze Lantern Corps. A Corp that once was created to keep peace in my old world. But that is another story, what is important, is that I have recreated that same corp to defend this universe." I then pointed a finger at her ring, as I began to explain its capabilities and functions.

"The ring's power is fueled by your state of mind. The clearer your mind, and ability to use reason. The more powerful your constructs. That being said, powerful emotions that can cloud judgement, will weaken your ring. Such as love, rage, greed, fear or hope. If you become so blinded by emotion, the risks include losing all function, or being abandoned by the ring entirely. The ring, is based off of a Oan design, but is not actually crafted by the Guadians. Where it came from, is not important. But with it, you can create anything you can imagine. Flight, language translators, invisibility and more are all in your command with the ring." I then moved on to the more interesting parts.

"Logic is a force that holds great power. However, it is hard to maintain. Keeping rational, and a clear mind in many of the situations you will find yourself in, will not be easy. Therefore it is hard to maintain control. The power of Logic will stave off Fear, and you can even allow a feral Red Lantern to think logically in close proximity. However, Hope, is a emotion that deny's logic and is far more contagious. So, your ring will weaken around Blue Lantern Rings." I then took a step backwards, as I finished the small briefing.

"Also, you have no superior in the Bronze Lantern Corps, meaning you answer to no one. Because as a user of Logic, you should always be capable of dictating your own path, who needs help, how to act and who to fight and why. You will not answer to me. That being said, Logic is not a strictly positive force. It can like most tools, be abused. You could use the ring to your own gain, or oppress others with logical intentions. Each ring is a trust, that you will show good judgement. I give you warning now, that if you should ever betray the trust, I be there to correct you. Just because you do not answer to me, does not free you from your own actions." I then, only after I had fully detailed what she needed to know, introduce myself.

"My name, is Daniel Carter. There was a time when I would have never told you my name, instead giving a public hero title. But I am...largely retired. So, may I ask who it is I am entrusting the power bronze to?" I asked, tilting my head as I observed the android. Wondering exactly how much like a machine this being thought, or if she had more in common with a human woman.

Well, I was about to find out.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse