NATION

PASSWORD

Infinite Justice: Beyond (Marvel,DC,DBZ X/Over, IC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:07 am

It didn't take long for the animal caretakers to arrive and take the lions and elephants away to their appropriate exhibits. Naturally, they found it incredibly strange that the animals were simply lying down in a semicircle around him while showing no signs of trying to harm him. In fact, they were behaving like domesticated pets. They then did a quick checkup on the animals to make sure that there weren't any serious health issues they should know about before trying to move the animals.

The caretakers attempted to ask Jordan how he had tamed them, however he had already left by the time they were finished checking on the animals. Truth be told, Jordan would have loved to have told them how to take better care of the animals. Even if something like build bigger enclosements for them was out of the question, he could have still given them advice on how to deal with each animal individually. They all had their own unique personalities -- their own likes and dislikes that, when taken into consideration, would make their lives a lot better.

But it wasn't the time for that. Jordan knew the aliens were attacking before he even saw them. His instincts flared up and screamed at him to look up. So he did. And he watched as the attacking aliens who apparently loved the color orange way too much descended down and began attacking. Jordan jumped into the air and landed on one of the disc. Enhancing his strength with that of an elephant, he punched a hole into the disc and then jumped from it to another disc and did the same.

He repeatedly jumped from disc to disc until he noticed the footsoldiers and battlesuits making it to the ground and thus presented a threat to the civilians should they choose to spread their army out. The air was being covered by a bunch of other heroes, so Jordan decided to take his efforts to the ground, just as Batgirl appeared in the Batmobile. Jordan jumped off of the disc he was crouched on and landed a couple of feet away from her, dispatching of the footsoldiers one by one. "Of course today had to be the day I forget my suit at home..." He muttered to himself.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:14 am

The Silhouette of Adventure wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:
Len-El

"You are all needed here, Boxer. For now the center is still empty, very few registers. But once we hit, say one or two months, maybe the government will place more laws at the act to force the secluded superhumans to come here." said Cash.

"There's beds and food here, courtesy of government and one unnamed corporations which help us and the rest of the military at USA to registers the superhumans. This will be a brutal period, of course, " said Cash again to Boxer.

Cash directed them to the Military Center which is located at an abandoned cinema, old cinema. Outside the cinema, lies the tables and soldiers, ready to registers anyone. The registered superhumans, meanwhile, has been redirected, or transported, to somewhere else where the training centers are.

Len approached one of the GCD, who by all accounts seems larger. He saw his muscles, and then, he said, "Are you a human? You are too big to be one," said Len to the man, who leaned himself to the van.

Boxer nodded. "You're Officer Cash, right? I recognize you from some old Arkham documentaries. Any chance I could pull a favour and ask you to figure out what corporation that is? The GCD has been dealing with one recently. If they're the same, they have their own motives in this. At any rate, my men are Runners, scouts, and patrols. Mind me taking up command of your patrols too? Not trying to step on any toes here, just trying to coordinate."

Retlyer narrowed his eyes. "Blunt, aren't you? What's your name?"

Len-El

"I'll see what I can do, Boxer. The information's top secret, I'm not even sure I can get my hands on it. As for patrols, you have to talk with Commissioner Gordon. He's back in GCPD, coordinating with the rest of GCPD on all of Gotham. But you can help the patrols of GCPD, you cannot take command of them. They are...less received with you guys trying to topple Vannis and Two-Face." said Cash, as he turned his back and walked to the center again.

Len-El looked up to the man, "Officer Len," as he turned his back and walked to the corner, leaned himself to the wall. Shotgun in hands, ready to fire.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:33 am

New Neros wrote:
The Starlight wrote:-snip

Darkstar Crisis
Battle of the Nexus
Part One

Max's eyes lit up as he saw the All-Mother grace his presence, and he crooked his knees and touched his hands to the floor, "By any means, All-Mother, welcome to my humble vessel. I am in your debt, as your aid to me is far, far greater than what I had provided when Everything Died." The Mad God said, raising back to his feet and shifting his weight slightly, Mir and Val standing up from their respective bows as well. "I am glad and thankful for your Valkyries, weaponry, and even yourself, Valka. We face impossible odds, but our allies are plentiful and powerful, All-Mother, and no force in the cosmos can withstand your will." He further noted.

"But, our conversation must be cut short, as we've arrived at the Rubicon Sphere." He gravely informed his new allies, motioning for them to go through a set of sliding doors - revealing the modest command center of the rudimentary vessel. Still, it was equipped with a massive screen for communications, and it buzzed to life as a transmission was broadcast. Max gently lowered the helm of his armor over his head, locking it into place with an airtight seal as he readied himself for gun boat diplomacy. A small, blue man was the one who faced the gathered group, a smug expression stuck on it's face - one of the Guardians of the Universe, no doubt.

"Maxwell Morningstar," The Guardian began, ensuring that it thoroughly pronounced every syllable in his name, "Celestial Messiah, you are forbidden to travel any further towards the M'Krann Crystal. Let this be a single warning, and any attempts to challenge that status will result in your untimely demise, young king. I - Valorex, Guardian of the Universe -stand as a messenger for the most powerful assembly in all of the cosmos - beware our power, Mad God."

The silence weighed upon the room, the Guardian baring down upon Max in particular as it searched for weakness in the face of the ultimatum. Instead, Mad Max gave a slight smile behind his mask, and a light, audible chuckle - clearly infuriating the Guardian. "I disregard your order, as I may go wherever I please. You tell me to beware, Valorex, but I'll tell you where to be if you don't stand aside. I've tried to reason with the Guardians, with the New Gods, but you are all so lost in your unwavering arrogance that you refuse to believe that a threat capable of wiping out this universe is coming - it has already destroyed hundreds on it's way toward our own!" Max yelled, stepping forward and balling his fists as he talked to a stubborn old blue man. "It's name is Darkstar - and only I can close the Nexus before he comes."

A sour, uncaring expression was held by the Guardian, who replied simply and without much emotion. "You have decided your own fate, Messiah. An ignoble choice - only death awaits you beyond the Rubicon." With that calm threat, the video feed flicked off and turned to static, fading from view entirely as the Guardian left the group to their own devices. Max turned to look at his compatriots, a smile hiding behind his helmet.

"I think that went better than expected." Mir sarcastically noted, giving Otto and Val a chuckle, Maxwell nodding in agreement. At that moment, a shock rippled across the ship and shook the entire vessel - as if the hull was hit by a canon. The jolt sent no one to the floor, as almost all on board were powerful beings capable of withstanding such force, but it made the entire crew alert and combat ready. "The hell was that?!" Mir demanded, another hit banging throughout the ship. "Motherfu-" He said, charging out of the sliding door and rushing out of the questionable safety of the ship and into the void of space outside of it.

He was followed by Max and Otto, the rest taking point as well. Mir breathed with rage in his huffs, the allies looking on to see the cause of the commotion - finding themselves faced with the Alpha Green Lantern Corps and their Honor Guard brethen, along with scores of other assembled Green Lanterns from nearby Sectors. Their rings glowed an incandescent green, and some had conjured the projection of a large artillery construct - which was launching energy projections at the ship. "You think a show of force will scare us?" Mir demanded, flexing his chest and tightening his overall physique. "I am the Hand of the Mad God, and you are but servants to a lost cause!"

"Force, Mir?" A familiar voice asked, the same voice of the Guardian, Valorex, who had given Max and his allies the ultimatum to turn back. "This is but an exercise in humility...and obedience." The Guardian appeared above his Lantern entourage, halds clasped behind his back and slightly smirking at Max, Mir, Val, Otto, Valka, and her Valkyries. "I say this now because we are not alone. Behold, the combined might of dreaded Apokolips and heavenly New Genesis." Valorex said, waving his hand and gesturing behind the crew - some of which turned to look, and found only their ship.

Until a bright, burning beam tore through it in a massive, unconstrained explosion - spewing the molten wreckage all around and revealing two monolithic powerhouses in it's wake. The originator of the energy beam stood stoic and with burning eyes - the power of the Omega Beams surging within, the truly awesome power of Darkseid. Directly opposite of him was none other than his brother, Highfather, who stood in much the same way, and behind them were but a few of their New God associates. In effect, the forces had Max's allies surrounded, and with the presence of a Guardian, the Green Lanterns would prove to be just as much of a threat as the New Gods themselves.

Max thought quickly, knowing Valka would intercept the mental message, and giving but a firm nod to Mir and Val as he thought to the All-Mother. "Valka - I'm going to rush the Nexus. As long as it closes, we can rest easy. Until then, fight hard, keep them away from me, and I'll be back to help in a few minutes. I'm sorry for the burden I'm placing on your shoulders, but I trust no one else with a feat so mighty." With that, Max simply blinked away, covered by a sudden charge of Mir and Otto against the Green Lanterns, igniting the Battle for the Nexus.

Val might feel a sudden hand on her shoulder before she next moved. A very familiar hand of someone who had punched her recently. Actually one that had [unched her many times repeatedly recently. Then a soft, melodious voice came out of that hands owner, once which complemented its owner very well. "Hello Val." Ashy spoke, before hopping out in front of her once sparring partner. She was looking as radiantly heavenly and insufferably beautiful as always. "I would first like to say congratulations to you all. You managed to get Darkseid to work together with his brother and the GL corps." She joked, a smile on her face. "Mind filling me in on what' happened? I could just extract the information from your mind, but that would be a little rude." She spoke, knowing full well that her slightly arrogant attitude could earn her a slap or a punch. Part of her was enjoying the anticipation of the uncertainty of how Val would react to her reappearance. "Oh, by the way, where is MIr?"
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:14 am

Myosai

As expected, the huge power was headed straight towards her way. Myosai didn't know who he was, or what his deal was, but the strangest thing was his hint of an Ape or a Monkey in his power signature, which, by the way, was massive.

She saw him first, landing by one of Magnus's rock formations he put up during the fight against Super 17. Maybe she'd get to know him well first day; or, better yet, she'd play that Death Ball game with him. Death Ball was Myosai's way of getting to know someone. So far, Cell, Dabra, and Magnus had survived, though countless others fell to a similar, tragic fate. They'd pass each other a large Ki ball which would increase in power, weight, and size on every pass, and whomever was unfortunate enough to not be able to hold the Ball, would be having a real bad day.

Myosai flew over to the figure, sitting at the top of one of the volcanic rock pyramids. She waved, calling out to him. He seemed lost. "Hey! Monkey-man!" She called in more of a nickname like fashion instead of an insult. "Are you lost? You look lost!"

...Then the ADHD comes in...

"You wanna play a Game?" She suddenly asked. "It's called Death Ball! You want in?" But, before she went all in and threw the ball at him, the Majin introduced herself, lowering herself to his level. "My name Myosai. What's yours, monkey-man?"

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:52 am

New Neros wrote:
Charmera wrote:-snip

Van Zant

While the drones were easily dealt with by the other youngsters, Van Zant kept his eyes glued on the ships floating precariously above them, naturally worried and expecting something far worse than propaganda discs. "Shit..." He mumbled, watching as some vessels broke formation and dropped low towards the ground - pouring out actual soldiers and armored walkers, not to mention more drones. Van tightened his fist as one of the battlesuits locked onto him with it's weird light fixtures where it's face should be. Quickly, the damn thing launched at Van - prompting him to dodge out of the way at the last second.

"Close!" He yelled, pivoting on his ankle and hoping to turn and blow right into the Rantu battlesuit's back - but found a charged shot of plasma hurling right at him from the same unit. He hadn't the time to yelp as the supercharged shot slammed into Van's body and rocketed him back several feet. He was back on his feet in no time, the tactile telekinetic shield reducing the heat and force by several magnitudes as it impacted. Still, Van couldn't help but feel a bit outclassed technologically here. What he lacked in smarts, though, Van hoped to make up for in bravery and durability. Zant then leapt forward in a flash - faster than what the Rantu pilot could physically track and respond to - and jammed his fist right into the battlesuit's midsection.

Effortlessly, Van lifted his arm and the battlesuit with it, flipping it over his back and slamming it back down onto the hard ground below in a fearsome CLACK! - cracking it at the suit's joints and disorienting the pilot. Standing over the suit, Van lifted both of his fists up and slammed them down quickly, smashing the body of the battlesuit with both and shattering the crystalline material that made up the suit - specifically designed to take incredible amounts of shock - until it appeared collapsed inward where the pilot was. Van would have continued, but a sudden blast to the shoulder from a plasma rifle tossed him forward and skidding along the ground. He turned to face his next opponent, and found them to be actual soldiers - Fire Warriors of the Rantu - with their rifles trained on Zant and surrounded by hovering drones. "Surrender. Now." One demanded in a computerized voice, a translation.

Van stood himself back up and stared down at the Fire Warriors, three in all, and began to think his way through this situation. Everything else around him seemed to just fade away as his vision tunneled, and a familiar sensation flowed through his veins as adrenaline pumped it's way throughout his body - amplifying his powers in the process. "I know you don't know who I am," He said quietly, almost as if he was nervous, "But you must know what planet you're on. Earth, ever hear of it? We kick alien asses every other day." He said, running forward at the three Warriors, the soldiers firing their plasma weaponry in rapid succession. To their shock, Van Zant tanked the plasma slag and did not slow down - his telekinetic shield powered up to absurd levels.

The superhuman slammed into one of the Fire Warriors with a clothesline, dropping him to the concrete where his entire body bounced off the hard surface and skidded back. Van, right after the impact, pivoted and stopped his momentum - extending both his fist and his foot, his balled hand colliding with the Warriors' helmet in front of him and his foot connecting with the chest of the one behind him - sending both flying in the opposite direction with enough force to be fatal, had they not been wearing such protective suits. As Van dealt with those immediate threats, a series of drones began to surround him and hover quickly, Zant dropping low into another combat stance, taking a quick swing at one drone and completely missing.

The drones began to pelt him with bullets in rapid succession - Van's barrier giving him the appearance of incredible durability, but it wasn't a situation he could keep up forever. He began to think, wonder what he could do to drop the drones. Like a lightbulb, Van's eyes lit up as he figured out what he could do, though, it was a gamble. He hadn't done it before, but the idea seemed plausible enough. Zant concentrated hard, straining his muscles and mental capacity as he focused on pushing his telekinetic shield outwards violently. Right before Van passed out from hardly even breathing, he felt a sudden surge travel down his spine, and in a primal yell, he exploded his tactile telekinetic shield out and away from his body with such vigor that it simply shredded the drones circling him.

The shield snapped back to Van like a rubber band, but the effort exhausted the youngster. "A few down...a few hundred more to go." He said, trying to catch his breath, watching the others handle the Rantu for a moment before rejoining the battle.

The 30 foot Xyri saw they were being outnumbered, so reasoned this could be more efficient if she split herself. Xyri just stopped and her body split down the middle. Suddenly Xyri was now two slime girls, each 15 feet tall.

Each Xyri did different things. The first one ran into a group of firewarriors she dwarfed, taking their plasma shots like they were small stings. The small arms were really not nearly enough to deal with her. She suddenly reached out with her hand, and it split at least six times into six completely different hands, each of which grabbed a Rantu helment and then tore it off their face. Next she grabbed the six Rantu and simply absorbed them, instantly increasing by about 36 feet of height. She then gathered the other group in her hands and shoved them in her mouth. They were absorbed as slime seeped through into their armour.

15 foot Xyri took on a battlesuit. Moving towards it, the Battlesuit saw her and sprayed her with plasma. This didn't work well, as she still continued her march towards it. The Rantu suit then switched to a misslelaucher, which tore into Xyri, quickly blasting her and sending slime blasting off her. She groaned in pain, but took the blast, her arm now gone. She did not want that to happen again, so she charged the suit, slamming into it. The force knocked in back, damaging the mech. It reloaded it's missles and began to back away from it's foe, blasting her again, this time Xyri lost another arm. Regeneration couldn't take place since the biomass had been blown off her, but even as that was the case the slime which had dropped was now coming back to her.

Her foe seemed to pause. Almost afraid of this thing before her. More alien than the pink humans, this thing was scaring him. He was about to turn tail when suddenly his path was blocked by an even bigger slime girl, with an unimpressed look on her face. It backed awa from the giant green girl, only to find itself grabbed in her hand and then flicked it's mechanical head off, revealing the Rantu within. That rantu within was spared, only to be tossed to the smaller Xyri so he could be absorbed. The 20 foot Xyri then quickly absorbed a nearby firewarrior after ripping of his helmet and grabbed the Rantu mech, intent on using it as a club. The other Xyri turned to a group of fire warriors, grunting as thirty of them shot her. It hurt, but it wouldn't kill her. Still, they seemed to be occupying her, while a cloud of drones circled her. One drone in particular had a red marking and seemed to be armed with a missile launcher.
Last edited by Charmera on Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Siliarba
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Siliarba » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:54 am

Tomia wrote:Samantha Grimm
Sam blushed brightly despite herself at DeeDee's very forward comments. She was used to her sister getting all this kind of attention and while she was used to this kind of behavior, it came from her sister so it didn't effect her at all. However this wasn't her sister, this was an attractive flirtatious woman who was clearly interested in her. After all, Samantha was more shy and conservative than she let on. Sure she had flirted with some people she liked before and even gotten pretty involved with a few others, but she was still a virgin and was much more shy about thagt than her older sister.

However despite how overwhelmed with the attention she was getting, Samantha was fascinated with DeeDee's discussion of magic. "Wow, I'd really love to be able to do that." She said, awe in her voice. She then blushed even brighter, "The magic, I mean." Samantha told her, clarifying quickly. She was then glad to be able to change the subject. "I'm a mage too, though I guess I'm more of a witch. I'm here visiting with my two sisters. We're very close and we travel around all the time together." Samantha said to her, before she realized something. "Wait, if you're the co-owner and you're a magic user, did you create that illusion around the club? That was amazing!" Samantha said with great admiration. She couldn't imagine being able to do magic like that. She then heard her talk about how she's sorry if Sam gets effected by her succubus powers. Samantha felt a little better that actually, and a bit more comfortable too. She seemed genuine about that.

"Well, thank for that. I can understand how its hard to control your powers sometimes. I appreciate the compliments though. It's really exciting to speak to another a magic users. I haven't met many before." Sam said to DeeDee sincerely.

DeeDee
The Devil's Den

"I'm partially responsible, it's technomagic, machinery powered by magic instead of electricity, I don't get it that well. My magic is more instinctive than calculated. But the owner is a genius at almost everything science related and she calculated how to power machines using my magic to create effects that machinery and magic would have a lot of difficulty doing on their own. Also, it isn't exactly an illusion that wobbly view you have of the building is just as real as when the building solidifies or vanishes, not a single illusion about it."

The idea of trying to explain how it all worked, and not just the Den's magic; but also my newly acquired powers, it was fun and trying to teach it might enlighten myself, it seemed like a good idea and that was all I needed for my impulsive reaction. "I can try to teach you how to do it, that said I don't fully get yet how I'm doing it and for some of the powers I had to become a demon just to get the magical ability to do it."

The Silhouette of Adventure
Minister

Founded: Feb 14, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Silhouette of Adventure » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:01 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
The Silhouette of Adventure wrote:Boxer nodded. "You're Officer Cash, right? I recognize you from some old Arkham documentaries. Any chance I could pull a favour and ask you to figure out what corporation that is? The GCD has been dealing with one recently. If they're the same, they have their own motives in this. At any rate, my men are Runners, scouts, and patrols. Mind me taking up command of your patrols too? Not trying to step on any toes here, just trying to coordinate."

Retlyer narrowed his eyes. "Blunt, aren't you? What's your name?"

Len-El

"I'll see what I can do, Boxer. The information's top secret, I'm not even sure I can get my hands on it. As for patrols, you have to talk with Commissioner Gordon. He's back in GCPD, coordinating with the rest of GCPD on all of Gotham. But you can help the patrols of GCPD, you cannot take command of them. They are...less received with you guys trying to topple Vannis and Two-Face." said Cash, as he turned his back and walked to the center again.

Len-El looked up to the man, "Officer Len," as he turned his back and walked to the corner, leaned himself to the wall. Shotgun in hands, ready to fire.

Reclaimer glared at Len-El. "Put the damn shotgun away. It wouldn't kill me anyway. And if you can't figure out the answer to your question from that, you shouldn't be in the GCPD."

Boxer sighed. "Gotcha." He walked into the centre to talk to Gordon face to face for the first time- And to explain that if they had been the ones to take down Vannis or Two-Face, this hopefully would've ended a lot differently.
The Republic of Atria wrote:You've done a good job at setting up the fact that lots of shit is fucked.

The Republic of Atria wrote:You crazy. But it was great.

Winner of Most Improved RPer, Best of P2TM for 2015!

Osnil
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:09 am

Shanghai
Tribals were accustomed to running short distances very quickly, not long distances quickly. She wasn't breathing hard yet, but her legs were tiring. She collapsed to the ground after tripping over debris. The beast lowered it's head and roared, as Ara's life flashed before her eyes. Then she heard the yell, "HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" and light burst from the beast's belly. The monster collapsed to the ground, and it's body created a huge shockwave through the city. The monster's stomach began pouring out undigested body parts-legs, arms, torsos, and heads.

A raptor appeared next to Ara with her spear in it's mouth. She grasped the spear, raised it into the sky and yelled, "The day is won!"

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:26 am

The Templar High Council wrote:
Charmera wrote:Katie looked down, stifling her own tears. She felt that now was not the time for her tears. She had time to mourn before, but now was time time to help Kylie. Katie walked slowly towards Kylie, not too fast, and did not yet make physical contact. "I'm sorry... before I... I really couldn't. It was hard to say. But... then you..." She gritted her teeth, this was difficult. Trying to help her... now she knew what it was like for the others. She paused again, giving her more time. "Jasmine went crazy. Came into his room. I was there but..." A tear rolled down her cheek. "I couldn't stop her Kylie... I couldn't..." She spoke.

She then paused again. "Eric... left something for you.... for all of us actually." She spoke. "It helped when... when I saw it."

Katie might not have wanted to touch Kylie while she was like this, but Kylie certainly needed someone to lean on. She lurched out for Katie, crying into her friend's shoulder. "I'm sorry. I... I don't even know anymore. What to say, what to do. Right now... I just wanna go home." She could taste her tears as she tried to speak. They had finished the mission, so they actually should have been home by now. If it weren't for all this...

Kylie just couldn't stop crying. She just wanted to go home, take off her rings, and cry. It was late, and there would be time to deal with her feelings as she slept.

Katie nodded. She placed a hand on her friends head and then suddenly the two of them were zipping through the electrical system. Eventually she ended up in Katies room, coming in from the light socket. She took her hand and led her to her bed.

"We can talk later if you want... talking helps." She spoke. "Whenever your ready... I have something to show you."

New Rnclave
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 18, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rnclave » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:44 am

Turmenista wrote:Myosai

As expected, the huge power was headed straight towards her way. Myosai didn't know who he was, or what his deal was, but the strangest thing was his hint of an Ape or a Monkey in his power signature, which, by the way, was massive.

She saw him first, landing by one of Magnus's rock formations he put up during the fight against Super 17. Maybe she'd get to know him well first day; or, better yet, she'd play that Death Ball game with him. Death Ball was Myosai's way of getting to know someone. So far, Cell, Dabra, and Magnus had survived, though countless others fell to a similar, tragic fate. They'd pass each other a large Ki ball which would increase in power, weight, and size on every pass, and whomever was unfortunate enough to not be able to hold the Ball, would be having a real bad day.

Myosai flew over to the figure, sitting at the top of one of the volcanic rock pyramids. She waved, calling out to him. He seemed lost. "Hey! Monkey-man!" She called in more of a nickname like fashion instead of an insult. "Are you lost? You look lost!"

"You wanna play a Game?" She suddenly asked. "It's called Death Ball! You want in?" But, before she went all in and threw the ball at him, the Majin introduced herself, lowering herself to his level. "My name Myosai. What's yours, monkey-man?"

Hiroshi:

He hadn't jumped and yelped, no, that hadn't happened. When he'd calmed himself down, Hiroshi glanced at the pink women, who had so affectionately called him monkey-man. Running a hand through his hair, he stretched a little.

" No. Not entirely. I felt a large power over here, and I'm trying to find it." The Saiyan said, glancing around trying to find the power he'd felt earlier. So far, with his senses and with his eyes, he hadn't seen or felt anyone but this pink chick.

Call me crazy, but I think that power was this chick!

Tensing, golden energy whipped around Hiroshi, sending up waves of dust and rock as his hair sharpened and spiked upwards, lightening scattering off his frame.

" Death Ball Huh? Sure! I'd like to play." Hiroshi chuckled, sliding his left foot back, bringing his right arm up and crossing his left over his core. As much as he wanted to fight, there was clearly somehting else to this girl. She was jittery and overly excited. She'd called him a Moneky, then asked if he wanted to play a game, then she asked for his name.

" M-My names Hiroshi." The Hybrid said evenly
Last edited by New Rnclave on Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Finland SSR wrote: Sex is a form of competitive martial arts, after all.
Hate. HATE. Were I Human...
I Think I Would Die of It.

Beat it, Toots. These Streets Ain't What They Used to Be

Pygmalionia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Pygmalionia » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:45 am

Lazarus Hope
Hell?

Lazarus retreated into his apartment after his boss asked him to leave. It seemed like he’d have nothing to do for the next few days. Sonja had her crisis with Aaron she needed to sort out, the JLA-Avengers team up would clean Gotham up without his help. Hope crashed onto his bed and let his thoughts run amok in his mind. The Superhuman Registration Act had been passed, but he didn’t know just what side of it he was on. There were some immoral supes who needed to be watched, but who’s to say that the government was any better? He didn’t know where to find Aaron, either. The guy flies, fuck knows where he’s gone? Lazarus thought to himself. He figured if worse came to worst, the Word would be able to help him get by. After about half an hour of his mind musing chaotically, the Butcher fell asleep. Of course, this wasn’t going to last as long as he’d wanted it. Lazarus has been plagued with visions ever since Genesis had entered him; however, what came was something different.

Hope awoke with a violent, burning pain within his stomach. He felt a lump in his throat as if he were about to vomit. He rolled off his bed and rushed into the bathroom, his breathing labored as he began moving. He was dizzy, too. Lazarus tried to cough up whatever it was that he was experiencing, but nothing came out. He was puzzled. He doesn’t drink or smoke or do drugs. He rested his back against the bathroom’s wall, as he felt cold sweat on his body due to panic. Looking to calm himself down, Lazarus takes a few deep breaths. A few minutes later, and his predicament left as suddenly as it came. The nausea, the pain – all of it gone abruptly. He got back up to his feet and began walking towards the door, but was stopped dead in his tracks with a look of confusion. The door leading to his room had changed into a long, dark hallway. He couldn’t see where it led. What the fuck is going on? Hope thought to himself, briefly considering that the Cheetos in Sonja’s office where laced with drugs. He quickly dismissed the thought, however. He had nowhere to go, so he decided to explore this new area within his apartment.

As soon as he was enveloped by the darkness of the hallway, he felt the temperature drop once more. It was incredibly cold, his breathing slowed once more as he slowly trekked through the unknown. After what seemed like an hour of walking straight through the blackness, he felt a warmth ahead of him accompanied by a door with light peeking through its cracks. Naturally, Lazarus journeyed towards the door. As he reached it, he pulled it open and was surprised to find where it led. It was his old apartment, his first crime scene. He entered the room, which greeted him with the smell of decomposing flesh. His first victim still pinned to the wall – something which sent chills up his spine. He began rummaging through the things in the room: old textbooks, abandoned works, clothes. What came next assured Lazarus that he was either drunk, stoned out of his mind, dying, or all of the above. The crucified corpse spoke. The first man that drove him into what he is now. The pervert he mutilated.

“They’re all laughing at you.” The corpse croaked as he stared at his killer without a hint of emotion.

“What?” Lazarus asked, confused that he’s talking to a dead person.

“They’re. All. Laughing. At. You.” The corpse repeated in an almost mocking tone. “Really how different are you from I, or anyone else? We’re all a bunch of sinners! You want to rid the world of wrong? You rid the world of all!” continued the corpse.

This incensed Lazarus, who suddenly threw a haymaker at the talking dead man. The corpse disintegrated into the air as the wall began to fall apart, leading into another room – one which was familiar to him.

He walked past the broken wall and found a huge owl monument. This time it seems, he was in the labyrinth. Of course, at this point he was expecting anything. He just saw a dead man talk, for fuck’s sake. He walked in front of the colossal idol and admired how well done it was. It was a testament to the Court’s power to have such a huge vanity symbol made for a secret area. The stillness of the room is broken by a presence which makes itself known from the back of the room.

“Your moral means nothing.” Said the unknown voice, who quickly stepped out of the shadows to reveal himself as William Cobb; Lazarus’ mentor, and another man he killed. Lazarus was awash with shock, he tried to say something but he could not make even the slightest sound. His teacher walked closer to him, before suddenly drawing a katana from his back and swinging it down diagonally onto his student. This attack is in vain – Hope catches the blade with one hand then follows it up with an upward strike to the chest, almost like clockwork. No thoughts, he just does it. It’s part of his system. He soon regrets this, however. Due to his amplified strength, his fist ended up going through his mentor’s chest. Cobb’s body begins disintegrating from the bottom slowly, his fragments dispersing into the air. Lazarus is consumed by guilt once more. He was shaken, his hands were once again drenched with the blood of an ally.

“I did nothing wrong, and you killed me. Your rule meant nothing. It never did.” Said the Talon, only half his body now remaining. “You’d kill me again, as you can see. You realize it, don’t you? To fix this world, you must rid it of everyone.” Continued Cobb, before finally disappearing. That isn’t true. thought the Butcher over and over again into his head like a desperate mantra, something to stop him from thinking of their dark conclusions. Whatever this was, it was taking a toll on him. It felt like his head would burst in any minute. This was too much. Suddenly, a quick tremor occured, which triggered everything around Hope to suffer the same fate as Cobb. The walls flaked to the sky, and so did the ground.

Eventually a gaping hole was formed beneath the Butcher, and he fell far down into the abyss, consumed by the unknown. As he opened his eyes, he got back to his feet and examined the area. It was familiar, but he couldn’t quite determine where he was. As he surveyed his surroundings, however, he saw a crimson drenched chair facing a wall. The floors soaked in the same color. The stench of rust lingered through the area. Lazarus knew exactly where he was. This was where he off’d some pedophile from Metropolis who filmed amateur child pornography. Sick shit, Lazarus still had no regrets about that. He noticed a figure sitting in the bloody chair, and seeing the trend; he prepared to talk to another one of his victims. Before he could address the figure, it stood up and faced Hope. What he saw wasn’t a victim, but a reflection of himself. White hair, white mask, a trenchcoat, a butcher’s apron, cleavers on the floor. It was him. Lazarus didn’t know what to do, he just stared in disbelief. Unexpectedly, a female voice emenated from beneath the mask.

“Do I really need to talk? The past two have explained thoroughly enough.” Said Hope’s female doppelganger, who walked towards him. She was a bit shorter than Lazarus.

“Who are you?” was all Lazarus could say. So far he’s seen his apartment turn into a portal to other locations, has talked to dead people, and has seen things disintegrate slowly. At this point, he shouldn’t really be surprised, but he was.

“I’m you. More accurately, I’m who you really are. You know in that damn head of yours that to rid the world of scum is to rid the world of men. Accept the truth, Lazarus.” Said the woman smugly, her gaze set on the Butcher.

“This can’t be! I’ve seen it. Not everyone’s a deterant!” Lazarus barked back. This wasn’t him. It couldn’t be.

“So naive.” Commented the woman. The doppelganger picked up a cleaver and put it close to her eyes. “Perhaps if you let me take control, you’ll learn quicker.” Remarked the clone, before immediately lunging forwards with the blade. Like before, Hope reacts like a machine, swatting the blade to the side. He knocks it off his reflection’s hands and catches it. The Butcher retaliates, thrusting the cleaver into his doppelganger’s chest.

“You’re not me.” Said Hope, as his hand began to get drenched in sanguine. The Doppelganger laid silent for a while, but then Hope caught her hand move. Lazarus leapt away at the last second, resulting in the woman narrowly missing him with a hidden knife. The white haired man stared, puzzled and angered.

“You may not understand now, but you’re going to need me eventually.” The woman declared in a positive tone. “And when you do, you’ll find that everyone’s a cancer to this world. One which should be dealt with with violent efficiency. In the mean time, take care of yourself.” Continued the doppelganger, before everything around Lazarus started disintegrating once more. It is at this point that Lazarus lost consciousness once more.

As Hope awoke, he found himself on the floors of his bathroom; staring at the open door which leads to his room. A nightmare? Manic episode? Illusion? Vision? He didn’t know. One thing was certain though, if this dark reflection of his where to resurface; he needed to be in good hands. He dreaded what his other, nihilistic side was capable of. At that moment, as he was layed out in his own bathroom like a drunkard; he knew what side of the Registration Act he was on.
Last edited by Pygmalionia on Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:46 am

Siliarba wrote:
Tomia wrote:Samantha Grimm
Sam blushed brightly despite herself at DeeDee's very forward comments. She was used to her sister getting all this kind of attention and while she was used to this kind of behavior, it came from her sister so it didn't effect her at all. However this wasn't her sister, this was an attractive flirtatious woman who was clearly interested in her. After all, Samantha was more shy and conservative than she let on. Sure she had flirted with some people she liked before and even gotten pretty involved with a few others, but she was still a virgin and was much more shy about thagt than her older sister.

However despite how overwhelmed with the attention she was getting, Samantha was fascinated with DeeDee's discussion of magic. "Wow, I'd really love to be able to do that." She said, awe in her voice. She then blushed even brighter, "The magic, I mean." Samantha told her, clarifying quickly. She was then glad to be able to change the subject. "I'm a mage too, though I guess I'm more of a witch. I'm here visiting with my two sisters. We're very close and we travel around all the time together." Samantha said to her, before she realized something. "Wait, if you're the co-owner and you're a magic user, did you create that illusion around the club? That was amazing!" Samantha said with great admiration. She couldn't imagine being able to do magic like that. She then heard her talk about how she's sorry if Sam gets effected by her succubus powers. Samantha felt a little better that actually, and a bit more comfortable too. She seemed genuine about that.

"Well, thank for that. I can understand how its hard to control your powers sometimes. I appreciate the compliments though. It's really exciting to speak to another a magic users. I haven't met many before." Sam said to DeeDee sincerely.

DeeDee
The Devil's Den

"I'm partially responsible, it's technomagic, machinery powered by magic instead of electricity, I don't get it that well. My magic is more instinctive than calculated. But the owner is a genius at almost everything science related and she calculated how to power machines using my magic to create effects that machinery and magic would have a lot of difficulty doing on their own. Also, it isn't exactly an illusion that wobbly view you have of the building is just as real as when the building solidifies or vanishes, not a single illusion about it."

The idea of trying to explain how it all worked, and not just the Den's magic; but also my newly acquired powers, it was fun and trying to teach it might enlighten myself, it seemed like a good idea and that was all I needed for my impulsive reaction. "I can try to teach you how to do it, that said I don't fully get yet how I'm doing it and for some of the powers I had to become a demon just to get the magical ability to do it."

Samantha Grimm
Sam listened to DeeDee intently, analyzing every word that DeeDee said. She was fascinated by what she was saying and wanted to know more, she needed to more. She would never let that evil wizard hurt either of her sisters again. When DeeDee said she could teach her, Sam was ecstatic. "You can? That'd be amazing, I'd love to learn from you." Sam said breaking from her more reserved personality for the moment.

"I can pay you if you want. We have a lot of money. It'd be worth it to learn from someone who knows a lot about magic." Samantha said, excited by the idea of having a real magic teacher. She couldn't believe her luck that she had been able to find a mentor in a club. She hoped that their chance encounter could prove fruitful, plus DeeDee seemed nice enough, even if she was a bit forward.

Cora
Cora watched as Katie took Kylie home, feeling quite sad about what had just taken place. She wanted to talk to Katie about what had just taken place, but she knew that Kylie needed Katie more at that moment. Cora decided to pick Roy off the ground and fly him home. As she landed on the roof top she realized that Roy had fallen asleep in hers arms. As she looked over his sleeping face, she realized she might have been a bit hard on him before. Emotions weren't an easy thing for Cora, and she realized that that was something she'd have to work on in order to not hurt other people. She brought Roy to his room and wrapped up his rips in bandages and let him rest, he needed it after all.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:24 am

The Starlight wrote:-snip-

Craig Thomsen/Silverwing
A Good Man Goes to War - Do Not Go Gentle

A year had passed, since his capture. He had attempted escape 67 times, always without success, though at the latest try he had made it to the 5th floor before being taken down. Waller had instituted more security on the floors. Some of his attempted escapes were test runs, and others were used to determine the weaknesses of his torturers and the base. He also had complete control over everything even remotely related to technology, the clocks, the doors, the computers, everything. And finally, this time he would escape.

A bloody smile emerged. It didn't matter that he had constant headaches from thwarting nightmares, nightmares. It didn't matter that he had broken bones and scars on his back that would never heal, that his wrists were nearly chafed to the bone, or that he had a dislocated shoulder that a bullet had gone through. They had broken him, but he had risen from those ashes of despair, stronger than ever. And though he knew that the scars would never fully heal, he would be free soon, and that was all that mattered.

The smile disappeared as Vicky, Leonard and Maya strolled in, less-than-happy expressions on their faces. Craig had thwarted their best efforts, and the one time he 'let something slip' was a design that exploded when Waller's engineers had tried to put it together. To say that Waller had been furious was an understatement.

Everything would have to go to plan, every detail, every step. For a successful deception, first, you show them what they guessed might have been coming. And then... you show them what they didn't.

And so, it began. As they unchained him, Craig threw an elbow behind him at Leonard, knowing that he would see it coming. Then, he turned to Maya, throwing a punch, which she didn't evade, Craig grabbing her and utilized a pressure point to knock her out. Over the year, he had learned that Maya possessed no physical prowess, whatsoever, making her an easy target. Leonard, growling, headed to the door, expecting to receive the torture materials for the day, Vicky meanwhile subduing him with a touch. But, the giant instead was greeted by Craig's Silverwing armor. While he had bought time, the suit had busted itself out, Craig now instructing it to keep Leonard busy. He had expected to see Waller's goons handing him the torture tools, for that event had happened everyday in the entire year. So, he didn't bother using his powers, and that was where Craig pounced, seeing the pattern and implementing his own designs on it. While Leonard was occupied fighting a suit of armor, Craig slowly picked himself up, groaning because of his multiple injuries and turned to Vicky, who frowned and placed her hand on his chest, expecting him to scream in pain.

Instead, Craig glared at her, resisting the pain, a smirk growing on her shoulder. "What? How!" she shrieked, placing both hands on him, to no avail. "This year," he began, "you've only strengthened my will. Oh it hurts, I'll give you that, but pain is simply a means to an end. Because, Vicky, there is something stronger than pain: willpower." With that, he threw an haymaker, knocking her out as well.

He slowly made his way to Leonard, who growled at him once again, doing everything in his power to keep Craig's pain. "And I bet you're wondering how I beat your power. It took me awhile, I'll admit, but I eventually got. There's been a pattern, a constant this year, and that's you opening the door to receive the tools to torture me. At first, you used your power, but you grew lax and lazy, and eventually just opened the door. I fed you a vision, a loop of what you expected to happen, and you fell for it, hook, line, and sinker. And you're probably thinking that there's nothing I can do to stop you, even if you're outnumbered now. Because, you see, now, I don't have to feed your power a lie, I just have to present a situation that's impossible to evade. Like this." Craig, his armor lending him a glove, threw a punch at Leonard's face, the giant's eyes widening, and turning to face Craig. Two seconds later, Craig's armor threw a punch to a stomach with its other arm. Both Craig's punch and the belated punch connected, Leonard seeing both, but unable to evade either, received a concussion from Craig's metal fist, and blinding pain in his stomach.

The young inventor spread his arms, letting his suit envelop him. "Goodbye, Leonard." And he stepped through the door, locking it electronically. As for the camera in the room, he had fed it a loop of himself being tortured, so that they wouldn't see anything wrong. Stepping over the prone bodies of 5 soldiers which his Silverwing armor had knocked out while coming to him, he headed up to the 24th floor, having a relatively easy time there, feeding the cameras another loop. And then, he stopped the loops that he had sent. He wanted them to know he was coming, he wanted them to know that they could do nothing to stop them, he wanted that inkling of fear to creep into them. Stepping out, he was met by 10 soldiers. "Halt! Take off the suit and get on the ground! Now!" their leader barked. "You're surrounded, now, Mr. Thomsen. There is no way out."

Craig raised an unseen eyebrow. "Oh really?" He turned off the lights, and chaos ensued. Soldiers fired shots blindly, hoping to hit something, but he was already among them, discs humming with electricity. The shots that did connect pinged off his armor. In truth, he was only a passenger in the suit right now, because of his injuries. Thanks to his psionic link, he controlled the suit's actions. He disengaged his helmet once he was sure all the soldiers were out, and looked up at the camera and smiled. "I'm coming for you, Waller." And, picking up one of the guns, he shot into it, proceeding up to the 22nd floor.

In the control room, "The Wall" was furious. "Damn him." She yelled to one of the soldiers, Send everyone, we've got, now!" The soldier saluted and rushed off, Craig, in the elevator, smiling, having heard everything. He had Waller angry now, and angry people make mistakes. But he had control over the entire facility now. Waller would be hearing of the sprinklers engaging, doors closing on her soldiers, doorknobs being electrically charged. He felt them try and regain control over the elevator, but Craig's defenses were solid.

And so, the soldiers came at him, wave after wave. Craig defeated them all, stepping over their unconscious bodies, and proceeding to the next floor. They tried smoke grenades, real grenades, bazookas, but Craig continued his slow, but steady rise from underground. An EMP Grenade? It would have worked on anyone else, but technology was his domain. Waller grew more frustrated, sending everything she had at him. But today, he would not, could be stopped, and he stormed his way to the 3rd floor, stopping his mad charge for a moment, walking slowly towards a group of shoulders shooting at him. "Why won't you die?!" he yelled, frustrated, firing his last shots. "Why won't you die?" he asked, softer this time, his empty gun clicking, the soldier tossing it to the side.

He paused for a moment, considering that question."Because beneath this armor, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, soldier, is a love, an idea, a dream, and dreams are bulletproof." Craig finished emphatically, throwing his discs to knock them out. Heading up the elevator, he made his way to the control room, where Waller was, alone, pointing a pistol at him. "Put that aside, Waller, you know that won't penetrate my armor." The Wall, grumbling tossed it aside, and Craig began his putdown speech that he had fashioned for a year now. "You have no one to blame but yourself, Waller. You are so filled with fear. There is a saying, Waller. Men fear what they can't see. Another variation of it is that men fear what they can't understand. But as for you, Waller, you fear what you can't control. For once in your life you found something, someone you couldn't control or manipulate. And so, you tried to break it. And you broke it, but didn't anticipate that it would come back stronger."

"I've seen the files of what your department does, and it disgusts me. And yet, you proudly declare that you are the good guys, that you're trying to protect the world. My inventions wouldn't have given you control, you would've used them to destroy this world."

"And now, Waller, the curtain's going to come down. I have the recordings of everything you did, and they are going public. The world will know the name Amanda Waller, and they will hate you for it. You did what you did seemingly in the name of peace and and sanity. But not in the name of freedom, liberty and justice. Not in the name of happiness, and certainly not in the name of the next generation."

"You made it seem as though superheroes were the monsters, and you claimed to be the person who fought the monster. But in the end, you are the monster, Amanda Blake" the woman gasping at the use of her real name, "And your children would be very, very disappointed in you. So goodbye, Amanda. I hope I never see your face again."

And Craig, turning, walked out, leaving the Wall to stare blankly into the wall, as a phone rang. As he went up the elevator, he spoke aloud, to himself, repeating a poem that he had recited in his head in his darkest moments in the year, when he had thought that he wasn't going to make it.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

And he came to it at last, the door to his freedom, on the 1st floor. And he reached for it, but hesitated, feeling that there was something not right. He stepped back just in time, for the Red Hulk leaped from the rafters onto where he had just been standing. "I admit, Ross, this was one thing I almost forgot to equate for. The age-old struggle between brains and brawn. I know that I can't defeat you, not in my current state. But, unlike the first time we met, Ross, I am not the one alone, this time. You are. Because this time, I brought some friends." And he crossed his arms, smirking, for right now there was one very, very angry Rainborn coming for him. And her name was Etla.
Last edited by The Starlight on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:26 am, edited 5 times in total.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

Servinta
Minister

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Servinta » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:23 am

Patho/John Holsmburg
New York City

Doctor Marvin looked at his wrist watch then back towards the Stuyvesant Energy Corp. fuel plant he had just left , it was already ten thirty and with his shift leaving for the night the opportunity to use the bay boat without being noticed had opened up for him.Walking down the concrete dock he could see the company owned boat as it bobbed up and down in the water, it was a tiny craft and only meant for shallow waters because any open water would likely see it capsized from the waves.But it didn’t have to be capable of traversing the ocean, because it was only ever going to be used for testing water quality and pollutant output on this river.That’s where Marvin came into the picture, he was the company’s way of holding off the green-peace hippies that protested the fuel plant here and as long as he kept reading the water samples as minimally polluted then he would keep the job.

“Head of environmental impact minimization” He scoffed to himself as he untied the rope from the boat and started up the engine.
As he motored out into the East-River he looked back at the Fuel plant, its twenty four hour a day operation joining the rest of New Yorks active night life.He knew the plant was leaking pollutants into the water, but that’s why they paid him extra under the table to keep quiet and fudge the results just enough to keep the hippies off their backs.Then he looked forward towards North Brother Island, a stark contrast to the lively and lit-up city surrounding it on both sides of the river.There were no lights to guide him to the docks on the island, the only aid to his poor eyesight he had was the sheer brightness of the fuel plant on the river bank.Using that dim light he slowed the throttle and let the bay-boat coast up to the islands coal dock, a rotting assembly of wooden boards that was more likely to fall through and float away soon rather than keep his boat in place.But it was all that he had to work with so he tied the craft off and timidly stepped onto the dock, hearing it creek and moan underneath his stout weight.Rushing to dry land as fast as he could to calm his paranoid fear of falling through the planks he remembered just how dark the island truly was and how haunting the buildings there seemed at night.The woods he walked through were thick and overgrown but could not hide what remained of human civilization on this Island, for at one point in time this place had been more than just ruins and woods.

Back in the day it had been a Leper colony which in turn became a hospital specifically built to house those with infectious diseases ranging from Tuberculosis to Typhoid and Spanish flu.But the waning of those outbreaks and the ultimately cruel treatment of the patients here caused the staff to abandon the whole island, leaving it to decay and sink into legend and myth.The ‘Tuberculosis Pavilion’ which was the main hospital building, loomed over him as he came up to the front door.The steel double doors and a spider-web of chains and locks normally kept any trespassers and urban explorers at bay, but for Marvin the chains had been unlocked and the doors ajar.This would have just confirmed peoples suspicions about the place being haunted by ghosts, but Marvin knew who had done this for him and being a man of science he wouldn’t have believed anyways.So confidently he strode into the main hall and down the service stairs to the underbelly of the hospital.The tunnels were mainly used for maintenance and storage by the original staff of this abandoned hospital but they also used it to store some of the more viral of their patents down in the depths of the earth.Here in the same tunnel where the infamous ‘Typhoid Mary’ had died, was where Marvin’s friend and the hospitals current resident made his lair.

Puddles of water were pooling along the floor and with each drip-drip Marvin felt his heart skip a beat from the sheer darkness that the tunnels contained.At the end however he could see light, slivers of brightness cut out from the seams of the ‘isolation room’ door which provided him a beacon in this total darkness.The door handle was surprisingly clean and well-polished for something that was over seventy years old, but it didn’t surprise him considering who lived there.With a turn of the knob he entered to a room completely out of place from the rest of the hospital, where the ruins where dirty and falling apart this room was clean and organized for living comfortable with a generator to complement the creature comforts.

There on the sofa watching the television with a look of deep contemplation and concern was the man who lived in this sterile room among the ruins.

“Do you ever knock Marv?” John asked with his shin resting on his knuckles, still staring blankly at the television.

“How many people do you have over to warrant me having to knock before entering?” Marvin asked back with a hint of sarcasm.

“Good point!” John stood up from the sofa, removing his body from Marvins view of the television screen and allowing him to see that he was watching the news channel.The current hot topic of the month was the U.N secretary’s announcement of the Registration Act, which now required all heroes and the like to register at military and governmental posts in New York and around the world so they could be cataloged and monitored. This had sat well with a number of Meta’s while it had enraged an equal number of others who thought it was invasive to their work.

“Oh you’re getting all paranoid about this Registration Act their touting, ‘fraid the UN’s gonna team up with the CDC and come knocking!?” Marvin taunted John as he closed the door behind him and took a seat on the couch where John had been.

“Yeah, I’m not exactly thrilled about the this.” John looked down at the muddy boot-tracks Marvin had made as he entered the well maintained isolation room, and while they both worked with viruses and bacteria it was john who had developed a obsessive need to clean his home and keep it as sterile as possible.

“From what I’m hearing a good number of others in your line of work aren’t either.” Marvin flipped the channel dial down and smiled as he brought up the discovery channel, a much better alternative to the drivel that the news spouted so often.

“Who?” John snapped .

“I don’t know, I’m just going off the tabloids. Supers and Metas getting all up in a bind about freedom verses security, but every average Joe is throwing his opinion at it now so it’s a mixed bag.” Marvin never paid attention to the news and the only reason he learned of this was from all the chatter he overheard while working at the fuel plant.

“Well you know I’m not registering! I do good work under the radar and I keep out of the Man’s way, considering their not exactly thrilled with me running free and such it should be enough.” John defended himself and his activities.

“Well it doesn’t matter now, U.N’s passed it and it’s only a matter of time before it goes into effect. So you might as well decide sooner freely than later with a gun to your head.” Marvin said nonchalantly as the commercials ended and the documentary on zebras returned.

“I think I should put on the mask then go topside for a bit, stretch the legs and give a mugger a scare. Maybe see who’s actually giving into this crap and who’s got some sense about them.” John Ignored Marvin's comment about being forced to decide and went to his wardrobe where he kept his gear.A gas mask and black/cargo pants, along with a pair of night vision goggles and a chemical sprayer where all that he needed for his heroics around New York, the rest of his outfit was handled by his own bodies changes and it would be enough to hide his identity as John Holsmburg and to some hide the fact he was even human when he changed.

“Might not be a good idea John, just lay low and…” Marvin was cut off by Johns now vocally angry tone.

“And what, waste away as my own power eats me from the inside out! I’m not gonna live forever and I want to help make a difference, if that’s illegal then I’ll at least die knowing I did the right thing!” John Snapped back.

“It’s your life friend; I’m just the man with the Harvard degree here telling you what I would do in your situation. In any case I’ll be staying here for a bit, the apartment AC is broken and I ought to get back to messing with that last sample you gave me.” Marvin referenced the twos failed attempts to find a cure for John's condition and it stung him to think of how many times before they had tried and failed.

“Well you’re not me and I’m going so do what you want; but tell the Forman back at the plant that Holmsburg is taking some sick days off.” John pulled the gas mask over his head and tightened the straps, he was no longer the janitor John Holmsburg but instead was the creature Patho, or at least the human form of Patho for the moment.

“Good luck.You’ll need it out there!” Marvin said as the steel door slammed shut leaving him alone and Patho outside to do whatever he was planning to do.
Last edited by Servinta on Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quavv
Senator

Founded: Dec 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Quavv » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:31 pm

Osnil wrote:Shanghai
Tribals were accustomed to running short distances very quickly, not long distances quickly. She wasn't breathing hard yet, but her legs were tiring. She collapsed to the ground after tripping over debris. The beast lowered it's head and roared, as Ara's life flashed before her eyes. Then she heard the yell, "HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" and light burst from the beast's belly. The monster collapsed to the ground, and it's body created a huge shockwave through the city. The monster's stomach began pouring out undigested body parts-legs, arms, torsos, and heads.

A raptor appeared next to Ara with her spear in it's mouth. She grasped the spear, raised it into the sky and yelled, "The day is won!"

Cheers of joy filled the streets of Shanghai as people came out from cover and applauded the heroes. White Lotus and Panda climbed out of the beast's belly, covered in stomach juice. "Yeah...not sure I wanna do that again," said White Lotus as she shook herself off. "Agreed," replied Panda. A police officer ran up to the victors with a huge grin on his face. "Thank you Defenders," he said, "Shanghai would have been in ruins by now if you hadn't shown up." "We're just doing our jobs sir," replied Bolin. He then turned around and looked at Ara.

"I didn't catch your name miss," he said, "My name is Bolin Huang, but I frequently go by Mecha Sentinel. You've already met White Lotus over there. The other two are Demon Blade and Panda. Together we're the Defenders. Although you may have heard of us even if you aren't from Asia. Anyway, enough about us. What brings you to Shanghai and what can you tell us about what just happened?"
Join us in this awesome adventure -------------------------------> World of Gods

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:51 pm

Shanghai
When the police officer mentioned ruins, Ara looked around to see demolished buildings, crushed cars, dead bodies, and rubble strewn everywhere. "As if it wasn't already," Ara murmured to herself. Her train of thought was interrupted by the stranger wearing the metal suit, introducing himself as Bolin Huang or Mecha Sentinel. "It is good to make your acquaintance, Bolin Huang the Mecha Sentinel. I am Chieftess Ara the Undefeated of the Tribals, which many in this world have not heard of. I am here to defend Earth. I came to this city, Shanghai, because I was drugged while trying to rescue my friends," she said, pointing at the raptors and other dinos nearby, "The kidnappers took me here on a boat that they were sailing on when I arrived. When I awoke, I broke out of their torture chamber and freed my friends, when they unleashed this beast on the city."

Quavv
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quavv » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:05 pm

"Wait you're here to save the world?" asked Bolin, "Does that mean you're not from this world?" "No offense," said White Lotus, "But if you couldn't beat that thing then I highly doubt you're capable of saving this entire planet. There are a LOT of crazy creatures and people on this planet alone. There are beings and creatures on other planets and in different realms that could destroy this planet by themselves. The only thing keeping planet Earth in one piece is luck. We've got just enough powerful people who care about our existence that we've managed to keep from being conquered or destroyed." "I think you all are asking the wrong questions," Demon Blade interrupted, "The question isn't where you've come from or how you plan to save us. The question is, what have you come to save us from?" Realizing the significance of Demon Blade's question, everyone paused and looked at Ara, awaiting a response.
Join us in this awesome adventure -------------------------------> World of Gods

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:22 pm

Quavv wrote:"Wait you're here to save the world?" asked Bolin, "Does that mean you're not from this world?" "No offense," said White Lotus, "But if you couldn't beat that thing then I highly doubt you're capable of saving this entire planet. There are a LOT of crazy creatures and people on this planet alone. There are beings and creatures on other planets and in different realms that could destroy this planet by themselves. The only thing keeping planet Earth in one piece is luck. We've got just enough powerful people who care about our existence that we've managed to keep from being conquered or destroyed." "I think you all are asking the wrong questions," Demon Blade interrupted, "The question isn't where you've come from or how you plan to save us. The question is, what have you come to save us from?" Realizing the significance of Demon Blade's question, everyone paused and looked at Ara, awaiting a response.

Ara was pummeled by the onslaught of questions. "Yes, I'm here to save the world. And no, I am from this world, but I was taken to another. As for what, I don't know. All I know is that it was foretold that this world would need one of the Tribals-specifically me. Mortal by birth, Immortal by adoption. I was born here, but abandoned as an infant. My father, the former chief of the Tribals adopted me and decided that I would become the Chieftess of the Tribals," she answered, "all I understand is that I am chosen to fight against the darkness laying it's mantle in this world. Whatever darkness it may be."

Quavv
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quavv » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:29 pm

"Well as White Lotus pretty much said," replied Bolin, "There are a lot of 'darknesses' in this world. I wouldn't know where to start. Earth is pretty much dealing with some sort of conflict 24/7 so I don't know if there is a way to pinpoint the problem you were sent here to fix." "Well what of the people who captured you?" asked Demon Blade, "Did you hear anything about a group named Hydra? The Chinese government sent us here with the assumption that this beast belonged to them. However, there is no way to tell for sure unless you have some information for us."

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:56 pm

Quavv wrote:"Well as White Lotus pretty much said," replied Bolin, "There are a lot of 'darknesses' in this world. I wouldn't know where to start. Earth is pretty much dealing with some sort of conflict 24/7 so I don't know if there is a way to pinpoint the problem you were sent here to fix." "Well what of the people who captured you?" asked Demon Blade, "Did you hear anything about a group named Hydra? The Chinese government sent us here with the assumption that this beast belonged to them. However, there is no way to tell for sure unless you have some information for us."

"I'll do what I can," Ara said, "I don't know anything about a Hydra. The leader said something about two heads-at least before the raptors ripped his off. He released the beast on the city before he was killed." She looked at the body of the beast. "T-rex-like, but it seems a little too smart for that. Almost like-a velociraptor. Almost like it was both. But how could they get the power like that?"

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:29 pm

New Rnclave wrote:
Turmenista wrote:Myosai

Hiroshi:

He hadn't jumped and yelped, no, that hadn't happened. When he'd calmed himself down, Hiroshi glanced at the pink women, who had so affectionately called him monkey-man. Running a hand through his hair, he stretched a little.

" No. Not entirely. I felt a large power over here, and I'm trying to find it." The Saiyan said, glancing around trying to find the power he'd felt earlier. So far, with his senses and with his eyes, he hadn't seen or felt anyone but this pink chick.

Tensing, golden energy whipped around Hiroshi, sending up waves of dust and rock as his hair sharpened and spiked upwards, lightening scattering off his frame.

" Death Ball Huh? Sure! I'd like to play." Hiroshi chuckled, sliding his left foot back, bringing his right arm up and crossing his left over his core. As much as he wanted to fight, there was clearly somehting else to this girl. She was jittery and overly excited. She'd called him a Moneky, then asked if he wanted to play a game, then she asked for his name.

Myosai

Hiroshi... Hiroshi...

Myosai had to remember this name. This guy seemed like such a wonderful person to be playing with, considering how boring it was lazing around in the desert with Tina. She then went into detail on explaining the rules, on how each time they passed the Ball of Doom towards each other, it would increase in size and intensity. Considering her regenerative capabilities, Myosai would likely win, but maybe it would be like with Cell, where he was durable enough to tank an attack of that strength.

Or, even better, it'd turn into a full on brawl. The formations of volcanic Rock Magnus put up during their fight with the Androids provided the perfect, destructible arena, without the risk of unintentionally killing a large amount of civilians. And since Tina was by far the most durable of the group, she didn't have to worry if the ball accidentally hit her. In fact, Tina might not even feel it.

Myosai grinned, but realized she had to add one important note, before she charged the purple ball of ki energy. "If this becomes a full on fight, we don't use weapons. They are unfair." She reached behind her outfit, typically worn by most Majin, and unhooked a rather fancy looking sword sheath from around her belt.

The weapon plummeted towards the ground, planting itself perfectly into the sand. Myosai's own sword, she'd used it in her small encounter with that strange-looking Demon and Cell. Despite having the appearance of a regular sword, hers was powered by her own Ki energy. Should she feel like it, the sword could grant her an amazing advantage if the blade was powered by her Ki.

Myosai didn't really take kindly to unfair advantages in fair fights, despite being able to regenerate. Her sword would definitely give her an advantage over Hiroshi.

"Alright. Here goes!" She squeaked cheerfully, tossing the sphere into the air. It seemed to be emitting a steady pulse of invisible power waves, pushing the sand by and humming with a slight buzz as its light reflected off of the sand. For a moment, it seemed to soar into the air without any stop, or any care in the world.

A flash in Myosai's eye gave the signal for Hiroshi to prepare.

Almost like a volleyball player, the ball of ki began plummeting like a rock, as if it were affected by gravity. Myosai leaped several feet into the air, to a level where she was able to ball her fists together, and spike the ball down towards Hiroshi.

This time, the sphere began emitting intense heat and energy. Fiery purple aura trailed behind it as sand and volcanic rock rose from the floor. Closing in on Hiroshi like a missile, Myosai questioned on whether or not accidentally killing her new friend would be wise or not. She'd nearly killed Magnus and wiped out an entire island the first time she met him, and nearly blew up half of Mars in her game of Death Ball with Cell.

Still, the results would be.. interesting. He seemed to have a power way over Cell's prime. If she could tank her own Death Balls, then Hiroshi could as well.

Quavv
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Quavv » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:35 pm

Osnil wrote:
Quavv wrote:"Well as White Lotus pretty much said," replied Bolin, "There are a lot of 'darknesses' in this world. I wouldn't know where to start. Earth is pretty much dealing with some sort of conflict 24/7 so I don't know if there is a way to pinpoint the problem you were sent here to fix." "Well what of the people who captured you?" asked Demon Blade, "Did you hear anything about a group named Hydra? The Chinese government sent us here with the assumption that this beast belonged to them. However, there is no way to tell for sure unless you have some information for us."

"I'll do what I can," Ara said, "I don't know anything about a Hydra. The leader said something about two heads-at least before the raptors ripped his off. He released the beast on the city before he was killed." She looked at the body of the beast. "T-rex-like, but it seems a little too smart for that. Almost like-a velociraptor. Almost like it was both. But how could they get the power like that?"

"Something about when you cut off one head more will spawn in its place?" asked Demon Blade, "Definitely sounds like Hydra." "My question is," Panda interjected, "Why would Hydra capture our friend Ara here? What were they planning to do with her before she escaped? Also, what was their purpose in releasing that beast here? And how did they create it?" "We've got a lot of unanswered questions," said Bolin, "We'll have to work with the Chinese government to further investigate Hydra's presence here. I know Hydra is mainly focused in Europe so it's possible that Ara here escaped from their only base in China, but we can't be sure. It may be a good idea for us to stay here in China for the next few weeks."

"That's fine with me," replied Panda. "Whatever it takes to rid the region of the disease which is Hydra," said Demon Blade. "Well I'm not going back to Japan by myself," said White Lotus, "So I guess I'm stuck here." "Ara," said Bolin, "How about you stick with us while we figure this situation out?"

New Rnclave
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 18, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rnclave » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:49 pm

Turmenista wrote:
New Rnclave wrote:
Hiroshi:

Myosai

Hiroshi... Hiroshi...

Myosai had to remember this name. This guy seemed like such a wonderful person to be playing with, considering how boring it was lazing around in the desert with Tina. She then went into detail on explaining the rules, on how each time they passed the Ball of Doom towards each other, it would increase in size and intensity. Considering her regenerative capabilities, Myosai would likely win, but maybe it would be like with Cell, where he was durable enough to tank an attack of that strength.

Or, even better, it'd turn into a full on brawl. The formations of volcanic Rock Magnus put up during their fight with the Androids provided the perfect, destructible arena, without the risk of unintentionally killing a large amount of civilians. And since Tina was by far the most durable of the group, she didn't have to worry if the ball accidentally hit her. In fact, Tina might not even feel it.

Myosai grinned, but realized she had to add one important note, before she charged the purple ball of ki energy. "If this becomes a full on fight, we don't use weapons. They are unfair." She reached behind her outfit, typically worn by most Majin, and unhooked a rather fancy looking sword sheath from around her belt.

The weapon plummeted towards the ground, planting itself perfectly into the sand. Myosai's own sword, she'd used it in her small encounter with that strange-looking Demon and Cell. Despite having the appearance of a regular sword, hers was powered by her own Ki energy. Should she feel like it, the sword could grant her an amazing advantage if the blade was powered by her Ki.

Myosai didn't really take kindly to unfair advantages in fair fights, despite being able to regenerate. Her sword would definitely give her an advantage over Hiroshi.

"Alright. Here goes!" She squeaked cheerfully, tossing the sphere into the air. It seemed to be emitting a steady pulse of invisible power waves, pushing the sand by and humming with a slight buzz as its light reflected off of the sand. For a moment, it seemed to soar into the air without any stop, or any care in the world.

A flash in Myosai's eye gave the signal for Hiroshi to prepare.

Almost like a volleyball player, the ball of ki began plummeting like a rock, as if it were affected by gravity. Myosai leaped several feet into the air, to a level where she was able to ball her fists together, and spike the ball down towards Hiroshi.

This time, the sphere began emitting intense heat and energy. Fiery purple aura trailed behind it as sand and volcanic rock rose from the floor. Closing in on Hiroshi like a missile, Myosai questioned on whether or not accidentally killing her new friend would be wise or not. She'd nearly killed Magnus and wiped out an entire island the first time she met him, and nearly blew up half of Mars in her game of Death Ball with Cell.

Still, the results would be.. interesting. He seemed to have a power way over Cell's prime. If she could tank her own Death Balls, then Hiroshi could as well.

Hiroshi:

Roaring, Hiroshi brought his power to hear, his skin itself glowing with the power of a Super Saiyan. In a rush of raw power, his aura blasting outwards, the world around him slowed, the already burned and broken landscape around him shakigj with the force. Rubble around him picked up in the air, rivers of magma slowing to a snails pace, and it seemed even the Earth itself slowed. Pointing his hands forward, Hiroshi gave a grunt as the orb impacted his palms.

The ground behind him caved in every direction, and even now, the bolt of energy burned his hands, the top part of his dogi almost evaporating. The already brittle earth around him collapsed, his feet sliding forward as rovers of magma flowed past him, only kept at bay by the sheer volume of his power.

But beyond the pulsing of the orb, and beyond the thrumming energy of his aura, Hiroshi could feel the power this chick was putting out. If she provided this much of a challenge as a Super Saiyan, this was going to be an amazing fight.

Looking into the orb of blinding light, Hiroshi gave a low growl, stretching hsi stength to its limits. With one great motion, and with a heave of his extended arms, Hiroshi built up power in his legs, lunging forward, before thrusting his arms forward, the churning mass of energy spinning on its axis, before rocketing back towards Myosai.
Finland SSR wrote: Sex is a form of competitive martial arts, after all.
Hate. HATE. Were I Human...
I Think I Would Die of It.

Beat it, Toots. These Streets Ain't What They Used to Be

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:39 pm

Charmera wrote:-snip

Darkstar Crisis
Battle of the Nexus
Part Two

Valentine

The young human turned with a sour face, Val's eyes narrowed and her nose flared as Ashy's voice filled her ears. But, that expression turned into relief, and a welcoming smile. Val waited as Ashy asked her questions, responding with, "That's nice." To her comment about reading minds - thoroughly unimpressed as they were about to fight literal Gods who can such feats in their sleep. "If you're looking for Mir, well, just sorta glance behind me and see for yourself." She said casually, moving aside and turning her head back for a moment, revealing an absolutely chaotic, and incredible brutal scene as Mir and Otto were tearing through Green Lanterns and shattering their energy constructs casually, the overwhelming amount of testosterone and bromance between the two almost sickening. "Show offs..." Val said callously, "Shit!" She then yelled, barely dodging a sharp, red-hot blade from a female New God.

"Pitiful that you let an ally distract you," The woman said, "So burn for it." The crazed Apokoliptian then swung her volatile blade towards Val's midsection, but the girls' inhuman reactions were able to save her from the blow by catching her opponent's fist - and in the same motion - slammed her own emotionally-charged fist into her would be attacker's face, impacting the woman's upper lip and nose area, sending her flying back. Val tightened her fists and cracked her knuckles in the process, a burning cascade of anger flooding her body and empowering her further.

"Bernadeth!" Another woman called out, "How dare you lay so much as a finger on a member of the Female Furies! I shall present your head to the Dark God myself, you uncultured swine." The field leader of the Furies, Lashina, called out, accompanied by three other members of the notorious all-girl group under the heel of Darkseid. "Stompa, Artemis, Mad Harriet! Tear that wretch to shreds!" Lashina commanded, throwing a pair of metal strips towards Val as the other three ladies launched forward to begin their assault in unison - Val ready to take on the team on her own, but remembering that she had an unlikely ally, Ashy, along side her.

Val raised her fists in front of her face and breathed steadily, managing the emotions brewing within her and channeling the empathetic energy throughout the battle - focusing on directing that power into her strikes, speed, and durability. The first to get their face smashed in was Stompa, who tried to swing at Val first, but the human consort of the Mad God bobbed and weaved away from the attack effortlessly, like clockwork, and delivered two solid punches to Stompa's facial area, staggering the girl with the first and knocking her back with the second. Blood pouring from the New Goddess' nose, Stompa wiped it away, "Skinny bitch packs a little punch, huh?" She commented, rushing back in to support the Furies.

Val dodged left and right to avoid the metal bands Lashina controlled, backing up in space in order to round out the Furies, but suddenly discovered more sources of emotional energy. Giving quick pause, Val looked beyond her opponents for a moment and saw another group of New Gods standing before them - next to Lashina - who seemed to be cautious about the entire situation. "Do we...do we join them?" One asked skiddishly, looking for support among his peers. "Just pile up on the girls?"

"Yes, you attack them !" Lashina yelled with mild amounts of fury, "Highfather and Darkseid have forged a truce in order to stop Morningstar's advance to the M'Kraan Crystal - and these two witches have decided to help the Mad God destroy this universe and rule the Multiverse. We are temporary allies, and our enemies are one in the same." Lashina further informed the young group, "Now, Forever People," She said with much disdain, "Attack the gorgeous one."

"Oh come on - I already have enough on my plate!" Val yelled, blocking a punch by Stompa but being sliced by Mad Harriet's claws. "...C'mon, it's a joke." She said, still being pushed back, but the sudden and almost unexpected arrival of several Asgardian Valkyries tore away Mad Harriet and Artmeis from attacking Val, pouncing upon them and leaving only Stompa to deal with Valentine. Two other Valkyries appeared next to Ashyandra, giving the Vokornian a silent nod of respect. "Looks like we have some company. They're lacking in dangle-y parts, but hey - us gals need to stick together. Right?" Val quipped, punching Stompa right in the nose, almost ignoring the fact that Stompa, and the Female Furies, were all ladies as well.

Mir and Otto

A burning bright ray of yellow engulfed the sea of green energy, an empowering scream rocking the rogue Green Lanterns as Daxam's Native Son unleashed the solar energy of his Golden Ring - a gift from Mad Max - and boosting his powers to a sun-dipped level. On his own, Mir was perhaps the strongest Daxamite to ever live physically and without outside assistance like Sodam Yat, and boosting it even further just spelled overkill. However, that was far from the case, as the Green Lanterns proved to be powerful beyond measure, the rogue Guardian, Valorex, boosting their rings to unparalleled levels among the Corps, and becoming a formidable foe for the Nephew of Odin, Otto, and Daxam's Native Son, Mir.

A chilling frost engulfed several Corpsmen as Otto Godblessed plummeted the temperatures in his immediate surroundings to the lowest they could go - Absolute Zero - and slammed his half-blood Asgardian fist into their frozen bodies, shattering them before the Lantern Rings could free the users. But as some fell, many took their comrades' places, and from all sides, Mir and Otto had to fight and take significant blows from numerous Green Lanterns at once, all the while, Valorex lorded over the duo and attempted to break their wills from above. "You fight a losing battle, Mir, Otto! You are on the wrong side and will be punished for eons. Oa will not be your prison, you worthless half breeds, no, your prisons shall be shame!" Valorex declared, creating a powerful, willpower-based blast in each of his hands and aiming them at the two subordinates of Mad Max, firing as their backs were turned, both screaming in agony as the attack landed, and several Lanterns forming energy chains and piling them on top of the duo.

The chains grew to absurd proportions as more members jumped in, and finally, a few summoned up energy constructs of safes and vaults to further keep the powehouses down. A crooked smile was etched on Valorex's aged face, a smug look for a smug asshole, as he further demeaned the brothers in arms. "Look at where your meddling as gotten you. Such children playing with power far eclipsing your own - you will have until the end of time to rethink every action that led to this moment, because I will not execute you, Mir and Otto, but I will have you know with incredible, finely tuned certainty," Valorex stated, glowing with green light, "That there are fates worse than death."

As the Green Constructs tightened upon Mir and Otto's bodies, the pile that held the Daxamite began to rumble from within, a reddish tint spreading through the constructs rapidly, many Lanterns suddenly struggling and trying to contain the rampaging bull they tried to chain down, but two flashes of red hot, burning lasers shot forward and claimed a victim, incinerating a Green Lantern before the attack even so much as touched him, and then suddenly travelling across the energy constructs, literally burning a hole right through them, and in an explosion of yellow and red lights, Mir broke through the constructs by sheer force of power and will - his heat vision becoming powerful enough to burn through the hard light constructs of the Lanterns, a feat thought nigh impossible. The blast wave ripped apart the remaining Lanterns, scattering them to the wind and sending them flying, some dead, some unconscious, for kilometers in all directions.

Otto too broke free as Mir overpowered his Solar Energy Ring, freezing his way out of the green constructs, but the feat looking less impressive compared to the explosive force of nature Mir induced to escape his temporary prison. Still, the coldest temperatures in the galaxy empowered the Asgardian to incredible heights, but his power was well managed and contained, whereas Mir's bled from his body and singed the surrounding space around him. Valorex seemed little more than annoyed, forming two more blasts of green energy in his hands. "My, my, Czar-Mir." He taunted, "You have a willpower worthy of the Corps, I will give you that much. Perhaps even surpassing that of Yat, but even he, infused with Ion, is little to a Guardian of the Universe...And you, Otto Godblessed, are but a token reminder that Asgard must meddle in Midgard, that a double agent for the All-Father, and now All-Mother, must be around the Mad God at all times."

The two seemed unphased by the insults Valorex delivered, but Otto was first to respond to his accusation. "I serve Maxwell Morningstar alone - I pay my respects to the All-Mother as a noble Asgardian, and as a representative of the Mad God himself. You know nothing, Valorex, you simply taunt and try to twist reality into what you want it to be. If All-Mother Valka distrusted Mad Max so much, then why would she come to support him and not join you, then? You lack sense, and we're just the kind of people to beat it into you." Godblessed said threateningly, teeth clenched and angry at the treasonous implications Valorex described.

"Fine, then. Meet your end at my hands, if you both so dare!" Valorex screamed, veins popping out of his blue forehead, and firing his energy blasts at Mir and Otto, both dodging them and appearing side by side, charging forward with one extending a right fist, and the other a left, both hands holding the rings that gave them power, an ironic expression as they entered the battle against a Guardian of the Universe. "Find death at the hands of a God." Valorex screeched through his teeth.

Mir gave a quick jab at the thought, "I've fought Gods before."

Deep within the haunting remnants of the Monitor Sphere, God of Death, Darkstar, sat with a pleased smile, a fixture unseen for many weeks as he hunted down universes so that they could meet their ultimate demise in search of Maxwell Morningstar. To his right was a stunning woman with an emotionless expression, and to his left was a sullen attack dog in the shape of a Kryptonian dipped in darkness and black. "Rose...Nul." He said, his two accomplices perking up as he spoke their names. "Be good for our guest. She and I share a bond, and an enemy."

"But," Darkstar said with glee, "That's not why I'm excited. Today feels special, doesn't it?" He asked, "I've found it. The Prime Universe. I can feel it. I can feel the raging energies that threaten to spill into the Nexus." Darkstar said with a creepy laugh, "Max wants to seal off the Nexus, but the cosmic inhabitants of his universe believe he is there to absorb it. They fight for naught, as I will bring to him not a battle, not a fight, but a War." Darkstar said, pleased with himself and ready to bear the fruit of his labor began years ago, ready to make the Mad God suffer for his crimes during the Final Incursion. "He took everything from me in a single blast, and had the nerve to look down on me when he left. I will not be so...merciful."

"I will break him in every way I physically and mentally can, make him watch as I end his universe and all that he cares for. And then, I shall be free - my purpose served, my life forfeit. I had to become a Dead God in order to fight a Mad God, but it begs the question," Darkstar said, rubbing his hands together as he sat on his metallic throne - it's technological abilities scavenged from the Monitors, "Who between myself and Morningstar is truly a Mad God?" He pondered, but began a sickening, blood chilling chuckle, turning it into a full blown hysterical, typical, evil laugh as Darkstar understood what he had become, and why he enjoyed it.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:37 pm

New Neros wrote:-snip-

Valka Silverhand
Courting Death

She nodded, murmuring inside his head. "Aye, Max, I shall hold them as none else can. Fear not, we shall hold the line, and tales of this battle shall be told when the day is won." She strode then, as Max disappeared, striding past clashing Green Lanterns and her Valkyries engaging Darkseid's Furies, striding past Mir and Otto, to the two New Gods. "Highfather." she acknowledged him with a nod, speaking to him. "Do you think me so unwise? If I believed that the Mad King to be a threat, do you not think that I would have struck him down? Why do I stand opposite you and not beside you?"

Highfather looked upon her, and responded. "You are foolish, and young. If Odin had been speaking, I might have listened. But he chose poorly in his successor."
The All-Mother's eyes blazed and she seemed to grow as she angrily responded. "I, foolish? Young? I do not stand beside one who wishes enslavement over the galaxy. I am not the one who sits in his mighty throne, safe while Darkseid brutally enslaves all he finds. You had the power, the allies to call upon the galaxy and defeat Darkseid. But what did you do? You formed a treaty with him, a treaty constantly broken by him. You sacrificed away your blood, you who would call himself a 'New God.' When Asgard called upon you, you failed us, and I will never forget your treachery."

"You may regret that treaty, and yet, there is only you to blame. You claim to act for the good of your people, when the good of the galaxy would be served by annihilating that abomination you stand beside.Age does not mean wisdom, Highfather, and something tells me that you have not consulted the Source in this matter, afraid of what it would tell you. I sacrificed a hand for the life of a friend, and that I find pride in," said Valka, clenching her metal hand. "I have died many times for Odin and for Asgard, in many a Ragnarok, I have drank of the wine of Valhalla. I have looked upon the realm of demons, I have trod paths by moonlight that gods dare not try by day. I survived the End of Everything, and yet you call me young. I am Valka Silverhand. Goddess of Forging, Metal, Fire and Thunder, The All-Mother and Skymother of Asgard. I was the Last Daughter of Asgard, I am the Scion of all Asgard and I will not be denied!" she yelled, the Valkaforce gathering around her.

"Stand aside, Highfather, and go back to your world. You will not defeat me today," said Valka, not a boast, but a simple matter of fact. The New God shook his head, gathering his spear and preparing for battle. Darkseid spoke his first words of the day then, cracking his fists. "To challenge Darkseid is to court death," his eyes glowing red.

"We shall see," was the All-Mothers response, lifting Gungnir and charging at the two New Gods. And so this battle of titans began.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse