NATION

PASSWORD

The Last Civilizations (2nd Reboot, OOC, OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you like the current mechanics?

Yes, leave them unchanged
13%
Yes, but they need some adjustment
15%
No, revise them please
No votes
No, they need to be scrapped and replaced by something simpler
8%
An online battle simulator would be good
18%
An online battle simulator should only be used in some cases
10%
An online battle simulator shouldn't be used at all
3%
Current tech tree is fine
10%
Current tech tree needs some adjustments
15%
Current tech tree should be scrapped and replaced
8%

Total votes : 39

Dooplevinia
Secretary

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dooplevinia » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:17 am

Jute wrote:
Dooplevinia wrote:Thank you.
Wow my country ideas good.
As for the machines: I think they would be better
And the tech tree: I don't know wasn't there last time. However I think a mystic era would be cool if you already didn't add one.

Mechanics could be better? Do you have any suggestions?

I think the program Civilization has is good.

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:21 am

Dooplevinia wrote:
Jute wrote:Mechanics could be better? Do you have any suggestions?

I think the program Civilization has is good.

Any ideas on how to implement them here?
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Kzaria
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

application

Postby Kzaria » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:23 am

Application Player name: Kzaria
Civilization/Barbarian name: The Xij
Did you already take part previously: No
Previous location/Preferred kind of starting location: Steppe
A few sentences detailing the background of your civilization/barbarians:
The Xij are a group of various nomadic tribes and villages living in the steppes, The Xij are a vary agressive civilization and tend to raid nearby nations that aren't considered friends of The Xij, The Xij have also made very few technological advances in the last centery.

Also could Astrology be moved back on the tech tree? Because from what I saw (could be mistaken because the text was small) it was somewhere by the industrial era.

Toddlrsta
Senator

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Toddlrsta » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:26 am

Jute wrote:
Dooplevinia wrote:I think the program Civilization has is good.

Did you play Civ Revolution at all? How's this different?

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:41 am

Toddlrsta wrote:
Jute wrote:Any ideas on how to implement them here?

Did you play Civ Revolution at all? How's this different?

I didn't play that particular game, only played a lot of V and some IV. I was asking how to best carry the game's mechanics into this forum rp.
Kzaria wrote:Application Player name: Kzaria
Civilization/Barbarian name: The Xij
Did you already take part previously: No
Previous location/Preferred kind of starting location: Steppe
A few sentences detailing the background of your civilization/barbarians:
The Xij are a group of various nomadic tribes and villages living in the steppes, The Xij are a vary agressive civilization and tend to raid nearby nations that aren't considered friends of The Xij, The Xij have also made very few technological advances in the last centery.

Also could Astrology be moved back on the tech tree? Because from what I saw (could be mistaken because the text was small) it was somewhere by the industrial era.
Accepted. Keep the rules in mind, use the mechanics and provide feedback for the poll questions, alright? :) And ask as many as questions as you need to ask to have fun.
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:44 am

Everyone else, feel free to post (or suggest changes)

Dooplevinia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dooplevinia » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:47 am

Jute wrote:
Dooplevinia wrote:I think the program Civilization has is good.

No. Sorry

Kzaria
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

question

Postby Kzaria » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:59 am

It says on the first page
" In the beginning, the Ancient era, you will get two points per day, and your starting bonus will also be 2 points. "
Does that mean you start with 2 or 4 points?
You can't spell Slaughter with out Laughter XD
(Underlined it so its easy to see)
Also can't spell Awesome without me!

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:34 am

Kzaria wrote:It says on the first page
" In the beginning, the Ancient era, you will get two points per day, and your starting bonus will also be 2 points. "
You start with 2 points and then immediately get 2 points in addition for the first day.

Saint Kitten
Senator

Founded: Jul 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Kitten » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:39 am

Jute wrote:
Kzaria wrote:It says on the first page
You start with 2 points and then immediately get 2 points in addition for the first day.

So, in short, we start out with four? Because 2 (the bonus) + 2 (day 1) = 4, right?
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."
-Mark Twain
I Side With
Political Compass
Dear Future Generations

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:46 am

Saint Kitten wrote:
Jute wrote:You start with 2 points and then immediately get 2 points in addition for the first day.

So, in short, we start out with four? Because 2 (the bonus) + 2 (day 1) = 4, right?

Yes.

Saint Kitten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Kitten » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:13 pm

Jute wrote:
Saint Kitten wrote:So, in short, we start out with four? Because 2 (the bonus) + 2 (day 1) = 4, right?

Yes.

Easily confused kitteh was not easily confused :P
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."
-Mark Twain
I Side With
Political Compass
Dear Future Generations

Levis Avara
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Levis Avara » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:15 pm

So can we skip some of the techs I mean cause meditation sounds like a silly tech to be honest

Saint Kitten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Kitten » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:21 pm

Levis Avara wrote:So can we skip some of the techs I mean cause meditation sounds like a silly tech to be honest

I agree, perhaps this should be included with Mysticism?
I also have to ask (I feel like I'm playing 200 questions with you by now Jute :P) , are we using rl religions? The religions that come with the new technology or are we free to create our own when we research the new techs?
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
-Mark Twain
I Side With
Political Compass
Dear Future Generations

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:43 pm

CIV tech tree.
Is this for real?

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:56 pm

Saint Kitten wrote:
Levis Avara wrote:So can we skip some of the techs I mean cause meditation sounds like a silly tech to be honest

I agree, perhaps this should be included with Mysticism?
I also have to ask (I feel like I'm playing 200 questions with you by now Jute :P) , are we using rl religions? The religions that come with the new technology or are we free to create our own when we research the new techs?

As I said, these mechanics are only guidelines, not rules. And I did mention in the Science spoiler:
Feel free to suggest more/other technologies if you want more variety or have something in mid more fitting for your playstyle. Unless it's ridiculously overpowered, it'll probably be fine.

Of course you don't have to research everything, and not in the exact same order either. You can skip, change and add technologies to your liking, as long as you have reasonable explanations for them in the IC posts (so you can't have a navy, for example. if you never mentioned inventing boats before, stuff like that) The only requirement is that you research only one technology per invested point. The tech tree is only there to provide examples, as an inspiration if you will. Alright? :)

Edit: Of course the same goes for religions. The previous rps also had original religions, so obviously no need to use the well-known ones.
Harkback Union wrote:CIV tech tree.
Is this for real?

See above. Do you think your science mechanic would be better, and if yes, why?
Last edited by Jute on Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:32 pm

Anyway, I'll sign off for today. Will answer to any more questions tomorrow. :)

Dooplevinia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dooplevinia » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:36 pm

I still have one question:
When do we start?

Levis Avara
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Levis Avara » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:07 pm

Hmm what ideolgies if any will we get to have? Also do you think special units could be a thing? For instance I'm going a Naval Route so I would have a Zhanganese Man'o War akin to the English ones on Civilizations 3
Last edited by Levis Avara on Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dooplevinia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dooplevinia » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:33 pm

Levis Avara wrote:Hmm what ideolgies if any will we get to have? Also do you think special units could be a thing? For instance I'm going a Naval Route so I would have a Zhanganese Man'o War akin to the English ones on Civilizations 3

That would be cool.

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:08 am

Levis Avara wrote:Hmm what ideolgies if any will we get to have? Also do you think special units could be a thing? For instance I'm going a Naval Route so I would have a Zhanganese Man'o War akin to the English ones on Civilizations 3
Yes, but ideologies will obviously only become a thing later on. And I was thinking about that, but I really wanted to get started already, since people kept asking. I might add them at some time, though. :)
Along with a better tech tree...
Dooplevinia wrote:I still have one question:
When do we start?
You can already post.

3 people would like to have the current mechanics completely scrapped... o.O Well, I would like to hear some suggestions to improve them.
Like I said, the mechanics aren't supposed to enslave your creativity or anything, they're more rough guidelines that are supposed to make things easier and add to the fun, not take away from it. The tech tree and other stuff like that needn't be definite rules, really!
Feel free to not follow the mechanics as closely, just make clear how you're advancing your civilization by saying how you're spending the two points.
Last edited by Jute on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:12 am

Application
Player name: New Strausberg
Civilization/Barbarian name: People's Iron Republic
Did you already take part previously: Yes
Previous location/Preferred kind of starting location: Tyrant Tundra a.k.a my little frozen corner in the northeast
A few sentences detailing the background of your civilization/barbarians: After the fall of the old Eastern Hegmony due to a communist revolution the people have had several setbacks. With industry back on the rise and the working class in control the people have a new sense for there duty. Free of capitalist influences they have retaken the Citadel, Skissaw, and promyshlennost', along with this they plan to retake all lands previously occupied by the old Depotism. There leader Vladimire Markovic has ensured a rise to power offering the people, "Peace, Land, and Bread." With these behind itself it wants to gain as much ground from its dark past and put the, forward towards the way progress.

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:21 am

New Strausberg wrote:Application
Previous location/Preferred kind of starting location: Tyrant Tundra a.k.a my little frozen corner in the northeast
A few sentences detailing the background of your civilization/barbarians: After the fall of the old Eastern Hegmony due to a communist revolution the people have had several setbacks. With industry back on the rise and the working class in control the people have a new sense for there duty. Free of capitalist influences they have retaken the Citadel, Skissaw, and promyshlennost', along with this they plan to retake all lands previously occupied by the old Depotism. There leader Vladimire Markovic has ensured a rise to power offering the people, "Peace, Land, and Bread." With these behind itself it wants to gain as much ground from its dark past and put the, forward towards the way progress.

Alright, accepted. Feel free to post in the IC thread, and don't let the mechanics stifle your creativity :P Any feedback on them?

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:22 am

Jute wrote:
New Strausberg wrote:Application

Time to advance :3 and everything looks fine to me.
Alright, accepted. Feel free to post in the IC thread, and don't let the mechanics stifle your creativity :P Any feedback on them?

Jute
Postmaster-General

Postby Jute » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:26 am

New Strausberg wrote:
Jute wrote:
Time to advance :3 and everything looks fine to me.

Alright then, glad to hear everything's clear and unproblematic.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse