NATION

PASSWORD

Chronicle of the Syanlins | IC | OPEN | MATURE CONTENT |

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:50 pm

Cylarn wrote:In an instant, the battle had ended, with the arrival of Job's warriors, as well as from allied warriors. Following the battle, Job gave a curt nod to his family members and turned back in the direction he had come from, his men following behind, wiping the blood from their weapons as they rode. Job was furious; the City Guard were way out of line by taking sides in this conflict, and they had just taken the wrong side. He wanted answers, and he was going to get them. The force of mounted warriors soon arrived back at the City Guard's barracks, and Job dismounted from his horse, approaching a nearby guardsman and grabbing him by his collar. He immediately gave a mighty yank that knocked the young man from his legs, forcing him to stagger as the Stallion lifted him up to his feet, glaring at the guard from behind his helmet.

"Bring me your commander," he said menacingly. "NOW!"

He threw the guard away from him and walked back towards his horse, climbing aboard as he awaited the commander.

The City Guard Barracks, the Grand City of Lamazanii
Summer, 1005 AR

Marco, the new guard, scrambled into Chief Commander Durikal's office, sweating and stammering. Durikal, a 12-year veteran of the guard, knew that something had come up, along the lines of the Stallion intimidating one of the new guys. As Marco gathered himself, Durikal sighed to himself and stood up, holding his hand for Marco to stop.

"It's fine," Durikal grabbed his bascinet helmet and nodded to Marco before putting it on. "I'll solve this."

Leaving his room for a second, he noticed two other guards in their full gear, were positioned outside of the office. Looking at them with concern, Durikal waved his hand in front of their faces, snapping his fingers before calling out to them.

"Oi, you fucks," Durikal snapped at them when they never answered to him. "What the fuck do you think you're doing here?"

The guards never replied, but remained at attention, watching the wall in front of them. Huffing to himself, Durikal grabbed his sword from its hook in his office before attaching the sheathe to his belt. Sheathing his sword, he walked down the stairs to the right. As he entered the lower parts of the barracks, he could already see Job Syanlins, clearly angry and frustrated with something, sitting on his horse.

Stepping into the hazy summer heat outside, Durikal could already feel the sweat beginning to form on the back of his neck and under his armour. Looking up at Job, Durikal could only make out his signature helmet.

"Yes Ser?" Durikal asked Job in the most polite voice he could manage. "Something trouble ye?"

Heraklea-
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:59 am

Gates of the Osmaliek, the Grand City of Lamazanii
Summer, 1005 AR
Villem Syanlins

Villem initially only grunted to his Aser’s words, but couldn’t believe his brother’s actions when he slapped their cousin.

“Have you lost your mind?” Villem hissed at his brother. “Hitting Liz in public? Making loud demands of me concerning private matters? You are airing our affairs to the world. You are acting the child. Get a hold of yourself, or see this family undone.” Villem shook his head in disbelief at his brother’s behavior. To lose one’s head in the heat and aftermath of battle was one thing, but this had gone too far. “We will talk when we are safe. Until then, get upon your horse and make ready to move.” Villem moved over to Elisabeth.

“Let me see it,” he said lifting her head to see the red spot where his brother’s hand had connected. “I’ve seen worse. You’ll live.” He leaned in closer. “My brother is in a mood I know not and like less. Until I have learned his mind and softened it, you would be best served to keep your toungue quiet and yourself from him.” He helped up onto her horse, then remounted his own.

“Move out!” he called to the group. He paused by the city guards still present. "Ensure you comrades know. One word breathed of my family's affairs, and I will feed the speaker his own cock and balls."
Last edited by Heraklea- on Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:07 am

Job removed his helmet, glaring at Durikal with his brown eyes. He sat the helmet down on his lap, and his left hand rested atop the pommel of his bastard sword. If anyone knew anything about the attack, it had to be the commander of the City Guard. If he knew nothing, there was the possibility of deceit, or something darker. He studied Durikal's body movements and facial reactions.

"I want to know why your men attacked my uncle at the gates," he said, sternly. "Do not fuck me about."
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:54 am

Manor of Lions, Outside of the Grand City of Lamazanii
Summer, 1005 AR
Izolda Syanlins

Truly it was remarkable, Izolda found, how little encouragement and interest the scullery maid required to babble about what she inexplicably regarded as her fortunes. Reclining in her chaise longue with her hand demonstratively resting on the open book in her lap Izolda gave only the ocassional curt nod or encouraging grunt yet the scullery maid seemed able to wex in perpetuity about her "fortunes".

"'Tis wonderful m'lady, truly. 'Is so handsome, so strong and so very good to me and we'll be so happy, I just know it m'lady." The maid swooned over her prince charming. "And I know 'is just a stable boy and I'm just a maid, but it don't matter to me, told 'I'm that I did. I don't care we'll be poor, as long as we be it together m'lady. I love 'im you see." The scullery maid, in a shrill high pitched tone filled with excitement proclaimed.

Izolda merely nodded pliantly, scarcely bothering to conceal her skepticism as the maid seemed far too busy swooning over her stable boy to take notice of Izolda. Despite her misgivings Izolda, not without a demonstrative sigh that the maid entirely missed opened her mouth to utter something sympathetic. "I ..." Izolda began, being cut short by another tirade from the starry eyed scullery maid. "And I know I can be a good wife to 'I'm m'lady, I know it."

"Am very happy for you." Izolda finished her sentence in a whisper, observing with a mixture of fascination and dread as the scullery maid began yet a song praising her fortune and fiancee. What could possibly compel a woman, even one of no great wit, to be excited by the prospect of marrying anyone, let alone an impoverished stable boy, no doubt inclined to all sort of vice and lewdness, Izolda was unable to grasp. For her own part she deeply dreaded loosing what precious liberties she possessed as an unwed maiden to an uncertain future at the mercy of a husband. Not so the scullery maid it seemed. As the woman, who in that state of lunacy that Izolda had observed women about to be wed experiencing before seemed utterly oblivious to Izolda's lack of excitement for her, began listing all the ways she could please and serve her husband Izolda shook her head discreetly.

Husband; a gentler word than master. Marriage; another word for bondage. What virtues could the stableboy possibly posses to make the scullery maid so keen on placing his yoke on her own shoulders, chaining her happiness and future to his slightest whims. Subjecting herself to all the pain and suffering that a wife would endure from her husband, her master, in or outside the marriage bed. It defied all logic.

Leaning back on her chaise longue Izolda did her level best to appear interested in the nuptials of the young scullery maid. Well, young and young, the maid was one, maybe two years Izolda's junior. It felt like generations separated them. It was not that Izolda wasn't interested, she just approached the subject of the impending nuptials differently then the maid. She thought more on how to safe the maid from making a disastrous mistake that would haunt her for the rest of her life, then she did on the alleged marital bliss that the maid took for granted.

But in between professing her love for the stable boy, and readily discarding any material concerns as not mattering when she loved her bethroted, the maid did say something that sparked Izolda's interest. From her reclined position the young lady sat upright and looked up at the standing scullery maid with a look of interest in her emerald green eyes. "Pardon me?" She asked politely. At first the scullery maid barely seemed to notice. Then; "M'lady?"

Izolda eyed the scullery maid with an intensity and interest that made the young maid for a moment forget her bliss and shift uneasily on her feet. Seeing a way to get something out of her own day and maybe in the long run provide the poor delusional maid before with some protection against the arbitrary excesses of a husband Izolda spoke; "You talked of ... Spinning?"

The maid nodded slowly. "Yes m'lady. You see, I figure I best be helping me man provide for our family, and I'm a good spinner so I thought I could spin some wool with me ma's ole spindle and earn some coppers, m'lady." The maid said. Izolda nodded ponderously. "You are good at spinning?" She commanded. The maid, seemingly perplexed by the sudden interest in her spinning capabilities, smiled shyly and gave a rather hopeless curtsey. "If it pleases m'lady."

Izolda nodded. "It does. It does." She declared. "But why not use a spinning wheel then? Surely you could produce far more yarn, no?" The young lady asked. The scullery maid giggled girlishly, a most annoying sound Izolda found. "But m'lady where would I get a spinning wheel from." The maid asked in a tone that seemed to suggest that Izolda's idea was ludicrous. But Izolda merely smiled, not entirely unable to suppress a sinful feeling of superiority towards the maid for which she knew she would need beg the Lord's forgiveness in her prayers. "Why from me of course my dear." Izolda pompously declared.

The scullery maid was clearly caught of guard by that promise. Flabbergasted she opened her mouth twice before uttering; "But why would m'lady give me a spinning wheel?" The maid asked gravely, apparently not the lest bit thrilled by the prospect. Izolda chuckled. "Not give dear, finance." Izolda said. The look on the maid's face was plenty to tell Izolda that the woman still understood nothing. "I will buy you a spinning wheel and in return you will be spinning some yarn for me, lets say ..." Izolda began, her mind spinning faster then any wheel in the world. "Well how much yarn can you produce in a day with a fine new wheel do you think?" Izolda asked.

As the maid replied Izolda nodded. "Good, very good. Then lets say that a sixth of that you will spin for me, does that sound good?" Izolda asked. The scullery maid looked like her head was about to explode so concentrated was the look on her face as she tried to grasp what Izolda had told her. "I still don't understand m'lady." The maid admitted after a moment's silence. Izolda nodded. "My dear. I will be buying the wheel for you. In turn you will then spin a sixth of your yarn for me to pay back the money I spent buying the wheel, do you understand?"

Izolda regretted asking that question the very moment it crossed her lips. For quite a while the scullery maid, still seemingly on the verge of a mental collapse trying to grasp why she was getting a brand new spinning wheel. Izolda waved her hand dismissively. "Doesn't matter, you don't have to understand it right not, its a lot to take in I know." The young lady said. "All you need to tell me is if you think a sixth is appropriate."

At that the scullery maid lit a bit up again. "Of course m'lady. M'lady has always been so kind to me, of course I will give m'ady a sixth of me yarn." The maid said. Izolda rolled her eyes slowly. "No, no, you don't understand. You are not giving me your yarn because you like me, you are giving me your yarn because I gave you the wheel." Izolda said. The scullery maid promptly nodded. "Yes m'lady. Its so very kind of m'lady to give me a spinning wheel, of course I will give m'lady a sixth of me yarn in turn." The maid said.

Izolda gave a deep sigh. "No. No, dear you aren't quite getting how this work. You see when I give you the wheel its an investm ..." Izolda began, but seing as the smile of the maid seemed to fade she gave up. "Oh, never mind. Yes give me a sixth of your yarn because I am ... Kind." Izolda declared. The maid giggled. "Thank you m'lady 'tis so very kind of you."

Izolda grunted. Putting her book aside on a small table she got up from her chaise longue and walked to a small chest in her chamber. Opening it she quickly found a gold piece. Knocking it lightly against the wood of the chest, liking the sound of clinking gold, Izolda turned towards the maid presenting her with the coin, prompting the woman to gasp as if Izolda had just presented her with the crown jewels of Artosgome. "Here is for the wheel and some wool to get you started." Izolda declared. "If you are as good at spinning as you say your fiancee will not need to worry about your income, and I shall be very generously compensated for my gold piece." Izolda declared. A shrill cry of happiness escaped the scullery maid. "Thank you ever so much m'lady. Thank you, thank you, thank you." The scullery maid declared, her voice rising to hitherto unknown high pitches that made Izolda feel like a headache was in progress. The scullery maid was about to storm out of Izolda's room, no doubt to foolishly announce the deal she had made to her stableboy rather then keep it to herself and use the income it would give her to maintain some semblance of autonomy in the marriage she was about to enter, when Izolda coughed.

"Anna." She said, stopping the exodus of the maid. "Can I have my tea now please." She asked, casting a less than excited gaze at the cup of tea held by the scullery maid that had no doubt cooled considerable while the maid weed about her nuptials. Thats what you get for asking people how they are doing, Izolda thought.

~*~

As the scullery maid had departed Izolda sighed, putting aside the entirely uninteresting cup of cold tea, walking back to the chaise longue sitting in the middle of her luxuriously, but not opulently or ostentatiously decorated chambers in the Manor of Lions. While pleased at the small business deal she had just struck Izolda could not shake a feeling of unease and sadness. Laying down on her chaise longue the beautiful young woman with the long crimson curly mane and the pale flawless complexion closed her eyes, huddling herself in her ungainly somber robe and saying a silent prayer to the Heavens, besieging them for grace.

She was eighteen years old and apart from the small pleasures of making a nice little investment like the one she had just made, or distributing alms in the villages of her brother's domain, Izolda's life was a dull and uneventful existence where nothing of interest ever occurred. That of course was the life of an unwed noblewoman but that made it no less intolerable, though it certainly did not tempt Izolda to make that disastrous mistake her scullery maid so willingly consented to. If what excitement Izolda's life promised was to uncover whether a future husband would prove ungallant or not in his desires it was not something she had any rushing wish to experience.

Pondering whether or not she should continue reading her book, a tome skillfully and discreetly removed from Aser's extensive library without his knowing, much like the way Izolda conducted her small business operations, or take a stroll in the garden Izolda opted for the later. Unlike Anna the scullery maid the prison Izolda lived in was at least a gilded one. Small compensation it was. Just as the scullery maid didn't mind marrying into poverty Izolda would have not minded achieving freedom in poverty. But the gardens of the Lion Manor where beautiful.

Strolling out of her chamber, down the stairs and out into the garden it took Izolda, lost in her own somber thoughts as she was, quite a while to realize the obvious. The Lion Manor was eerily quiet. Noticing a gardener tend to the lawn the young lady called out. "You there, where has everyone gone?" Izolda asked. The gardener looked up at her and gave a servile nod of his head. "M'lord Aser went to the big city with most the family, M'lady." The man replied.

Thanking the man Izolda rolled her eyes at herself. Of course he had gone to the city, she had known that. Besides where else really would he go with the whole family. For a moment Izolda thought to take advantage of the absence of her brother and most of the family and ride out to St. Groakis or Crow Stream to check up on her discreet investments there. Then she decided to pursue her family. Lamazanii was a cesspit, a place of vice and wickedness that was an affront to God's goodness, but it was a place that did not lack for excitement, nor wealth to be made, nor alms to be distributed. Nodding slowly Izolda turned and began to walk towards the stables.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:53 pm

Cylarn wrote:Job removed his helmet, glaring at Durikal with his brown eyes. He sat the helmet down on his lap, and his left hand rested atop the pommel of his bastard sword. If anyone knew anything about the attack, it had to be the commander of the City Guard. If he knew nothing, there was the possibility of deceit, or something darker. He studied Durikal's body movements and facial reactions.

"I want to know why your men attacked my uncle at the gates," he said, sternly. "Do not fuck me about."

The City Guard Barracks, the Grand City of Lamazanii
Summer, 1005 AR

Durikal regarded the mounted man, puzzled by this, before looking around and leaning in to whisper.

"My Lord," Durikal began, quickly and quietly. "I did not have any men positioned at the southern gates, we found dead bodies of my soldiers, naked, in an alley way a few minutes ago. I do not think those were my men. Could you tell me who led them?"

As soon as Durikal had leaned in, he could already hear the clink of armour as two city guards walked outside, talking loudly as they continued on their routine patrol. Already, Durikal had kept this secret to himself and two of his sub-commanders. The Batunamizi's may fund the city guard, but they would never be able to bribe Durikal into serving the bastards.

Heraklea- wrote: Gates of the Osmaliek, the Grand City of Lamazanii
Summer, 1005 AR
Villem Syanlins

Villem initially only grunted to his Aser’s words, but couldn’t believe his brother’s actions when he slapped their cousin.

“Have you lost your mind?” Villem hissed at his brother. “Hitting Liz in public? Making loud demands of me concerning private matters? You are airing our affairs to the world. You are acting the child. Get a hold of yourself, or see this family undone.” Villem shook his head in disbelief at his brother’s behavior. To lose one’s head in the heat and aftermath of battle was one thing, but this had gone too far. “We will talk when we are safe. Until then, get upon your horse and make ready to move.” Villem moved over to Elisabeth.

“Let me see it,” he said lifting her head to see the red spot where his brother’s hand had connected. “I’ve seen worse. You’ll live.” He leaned in closer. “My brother is in a mood I know not and like less. Until I have learned his mind and softened it, you would be best served to keep your toungue quiet and yourself from him.” He helped up onto her horse, then remounted his own.

“Move out!” he called to the group. He paused by the city guards still present. "Ensure you comrades know. One word breathed of my family's affairs, and I will feed the speaker his own cock and balls."

Gates of the Osmaliek, the Grand City of Lamazanii
Summer, 1005 AR
Aser Syanlins

Mounting one of the abandoned Rouncey horses, Aser regarded Yehalf. The Sergeant-at-Arms whistled to the retainers to fall in behind Aser as they began to reform their formation, a 2 person by multiple ranks column, Aser and Yehalf leading the front. Looking behind him at the retainers, Aser still felt the rage against whatever Villem would have said. Whatever he may have said to Miranda, two good men were dead because of the attack, two men that Aser felt were irreplacable at this point.

"Let's go!" Aser shouted back, before spurring his horse on, Yehalf barely keeping up with Aser as they continued.

Slakonian
Senator

Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Slakonian » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:59 pm

Maple Succesors wrote:
Slakonian wrote:-snip-

-snip-

The White Viper

Inside the Unstrung Bow
Summer, of 1005 AR
Sigmund Syanlins

Sigmund was taking a sip form his bear while listening to the man's sotry but when he said who he was he spitted his beet to his buddy's face and surely not by accident, just to make an impression as always. He observed the man's face, his expression showed an honest man or his either a very good at the art of liying but it takes years to master the skill. Sigmund knew better, years of torture to others were.... coming handy in such situations as eventually you don't need torture for a man to tell the truth but just to confirm it. He nodded to Ser Haldon keep an eye to their esteemed "friends" while he would talk with his freshly found cousin.

"Ha I knew you looked familiar" lied Sigmund while he slammed the black oak table hard making all plates fet up and down while a making a bit horrible noise. "Tell you what Junital... Junahr umuhahah.. emm Juylvarius? nah! I just call you Jun cousin if you don't have a problem, you remind me much the northern stock I fought during the war" and that was a touchy topic, he could see Jun was a bit insulted but it didn't matter to him,"But I know many nobles second sons were made lords on the north, marrying women the daughters of former northern cheiftains to facilitate their claim - our claim to the North. Well, don't let me prattle you with history as it is boring even for me, the White Viper", telling his nickname always felt like an announcement and he noticed th young man's interest when he heard his nickname,he knows the stories, good that will either make him respect me or fear me hehe he thought smiling.

He stretched out his legs and arms, tireness was starting to taking him over, despite only half the morning past he wanted to sleep possibly at midday as he would have liked to - a siesta as it was called. He watched Lorenzo Batunamizi leaving after a messager told him something in a hurry while the other two sat. He wanted to listen one last time what his cousin has to say before they take their leave....

"Also I let me no forget, my father was Karrhen Syanlins, he provided his services to Aser's father and to him by commanding their retinue - if you go the Manor of Lions you will see a painting of his; he died by slow fever alongside with my older borther and my two older sisters while my mother was Miranda Vocanni, aunt to the current patriarch of the house as his father was my uncle whichmakes our blood relation first cousins. I adopted the Vocanni name due I was raised by them as I left the manor when i was littile. My mother died of depression."

Call me Slak!
Greek Army Reservist NCO
Our great anthem
Turmenista wrote:>USA/Obama drops bombs in Syria for over a year, nobody bats an eye or says a word.
>Russia/Putin drops bombs in Syria for a day and-
WE INTERRUPT THIS SHITPOST TO INFORM YOU THAT VLADIMIR PUTIN AND RUSSIA ARE TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!
Glasgia wrote:
Kratu wrote:America will embargo Italian goods. :p

No pizza for you then!

Lord Tothe wrote:
The Emerald Dragon wrote:The 9,910th Monkey died of viagra overdose

Monkey #9909 was on the other end of the viagra overdose problem

Heraklea-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:49 pm

King's Way, Grand City of Lamazanii
Summer, 1005 AR
Villem Syanlins

Villem was too busy scanning the streets around them to either notice his brother's ire or experience a similar emotion. Every street and alley was an opening for an attacker. Every shadow, window and door could hide an enemy meaning ill will. His hand never sat far from his sword hilt. It would take an hour to reach the trade port. An hour his nerves would sit on edge as the crone's words were repeated in his head. Tragedy awaits the Syanlins in Lamazanii.

Syanlins-Lamazanii Trade Port, Grand City of Lamazanii
Summer, 1005 AR

Villem let out a relieved sigh as the party finally entered the trade port controlled by his family. He felt as though he had not drawn breath since passing the Gates of the Osmaliek, A reasonable measure of safety could be assumed here. He could rest his mind a moment and take stock. Villem led his horse to one of the groomsmen waiting for them, dismounted and handed over the reigns. He found the young servant with the cart his trunk was on.

“Ser, do not concern yourself with the trunk. I shall see it to your room.”

“Good man.” Villem turned and quickly found Orka. “Do not forget your tasking, Orka.”

“Aye, ser.” It was then that Villem saw his brother's eyes. Relief left his own and cool hardness returned. He turned and made for his Aser's office. He waited there for his brother, gazing out the window, and as soon as Aser had closed the door behind him he turned to face him.

“Brother, what from the Thirteenth Station has possessed you? You imply I betray our family, strike our cousin, all in full view of the world. Our family is in danger and you drive in wedges. Now is a time when we must be bound together fully and you-” Villem cut short his own rant and looked away. His nostrils flared as he breathed deep several times. When he looked back up there was a look of hurt on his face. “Not once before have you ever called me 'Bastard' when the light of humor and affection were gone from your eyes.”
Last edited by Heraklea- on Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:55 am

Heraklea- wrote:Snip

The Lark's Nest, Syanlins-Lamazanii Trade Port, the Grand City of Lamazanii
Summer, 1005 AR
Aser Syanlins

Aser had felt this funk for a while. It wasn't the best, but, whatever, he had to rule over his family regardless of their opinion. If a cousin was going to be rebellious, he would treat said cousin like a rebellious peasant. As for Villem, Aser knew that he wasn't being fair to his half-brother, throwing the insult of bastard at him time and time again.

Looking at his brother, who appeared to be on the brink of tears, Aser sighed. He may be the better fighter of the two, but Aser was the older one and had to protect his younger brother. Shaking his head, Aser looked back out the window before turning to Villem.

"Listen, Brother," Aser looked down at his feet before turning to Villem. "I'm concerned about our well-being. A simple Batunamizi soldier knew something about either you and Miranda or myself and Elisak. Whatever the reason, if you and Miranda are to court, this will not go over well with Gratiano or any of the Batunamizi's. However, I will consider this, as long as you tell me what you have been talking about."

Heraklea-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:09 pm

The Lark's Nest, Syanlins-Lamazanii Trade Port, Grand City of Lamazanii
Summer, 1005 AR
Villem Syanlins

Villem couldn't stop the harsh laugh.

“Me court Miranda? You know circumstance of my birth makes that impossible. I am a bastard, Aser, and Miranda is Gratiano's sister. When she marries it will be for what the marriage gains him and I offer him nothing. Save perhaps an alliance between our houses, if he would even recognize it as such, and he already has one with the Camasesi. No, there can be no courtship between us.” Villem sighed.

“I never passed anything to her of any consequence to anyone but us. Only the meaningless nothings that are important to those... those who have nothing real between them because there can be nothing between them.

“Look, Aser,” Villem said. “I forgive you your trespasses. Elisabeth may need some more time, but I will talk with her about deferring to you in public. We are under attack, and must present a united front. I will not be so easily driven from your side, brother. But as penance, you'll give your assent for one of the stable hands to marry one of the scullery maids. And from now on, no more reading my private letters. Or questioning me on possible betrayals that you know will not happen, hm?”
Last edited by Heraklea- on Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Heraklea-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:39 pm

Summer, 1005 AR
Villem Syanlins

Villem left his brother's office and proceeded to his own room. His servant had already unpacked his trunk. The body man had put everything in its place exactly as he would want it, a definite point in the man's favor. Villem looked out the window and saw the chalk marking on the wall across from his room. He had created it based on a pagan symbol for fertility. It signified that his paramour wanted a liaison, though previously he had always been the one to leave it for her to see.

There could be no liaison. His brother's open and loud words in public meant that rumors could have already begun to spread in the city and Miranda's reputation in danger. Villem would not allow it. A young woman had but one asset to their names, their name. Their reputation. Any tarnishing could find her expelled from her family, left destitute. Villem would not allow it to happen to Miranda. He moved to the curtain and tied a black ribbon about it, to signify he could not attend.

Villem had spent the remainder of the day ensuring that guards at the trade port were up to standards. Though wanting, they were not near as bad as they might have been, a fact that Villem was immeasurably grateful for. He returned to his room to prepare for dinner and glanced out to the street. A new chalk marking was present. It wanted him to follow the sign of the Hunter to an unusual location for a rendevouz. Either Miranda did not get his refusal or simply didn't care. Villem's bet was on the latter one.

Obviously Miranda would not be denied. If Villem did not follow, she very well may find herself alone and in trouble. Villem sighed. She could recover from a blow to her reputation. A knife wound would be more problematic. Villem grabbed up his cloak and wrapped it around himself.

“Inform my brother that I must attend to a matter in the city and will likely miss supper,” Villem informed his body man. “The family should not wait for me.” With that, he continued to the gates of the port and set out to follow the hunter. He followed the chalk markings on a winding path that led him to a brothel in the Ponotiria District he knew well.

“It's Villem!” called a couple of the whores and several of them came rushing to him.

“Down girls, down,” commanded the madame. “Ser Villem is spoken for this evening.” The madame turned to him and gave him a key. “I was told to send you straight up. Top floor, right door.” Villem nodded his thanks and ascended the stairs. He came to the top story and opened the door. Inside he found a nude Miranda caressing a beautiful and equally nude red-headed girl.

“Isn't she gorgeous, Villem?” Miranda asked. “I picked her out just for us.” Miranda turned and began a deep kiss with the young woman.

“This is rather indiscreet,” Villem replied. “I had tried to warn you off. Your reputation could be in danger.”

“Fuck my reputation,” Miranda snapped breaking the kiss. She turned back a traced a finger along the woman's neck. “Perhaps if I was a little less reputable my brother would be amenable to a match between us.” She lowered her mouth and began nipping at the woman's neck. Despite his reservations, Villem found himself being drawn to the bed. The woman looked up at Villem invitingly, and Miranda turned to watch him as he began slipping off his cloak. “That's better. Come, let us together partake of this morsel.” Villem slipped off his remaining clothing, revealing the hard and scarred body beneath. The whore sharply inhaled and her eyes flashed with a lust of her own as Villem climbed over her.

It would be many hours until the three finally slept.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:34 pm

Syanlins-Lamazanii Trade Port, the Grand City of Lamazanii
Summer, 1005 AR
Aser Syanlins

Watching his half brother exit the room, Aser shook his head at him before reviewing his paperwork. The only four ships that had arrived in the port today were the Herkaksi, which carried tons of iron that Aser could use to negotiate with the northmen, the Yeaksle, which carried a huge portion of agriculture portions, carrots, cabbages, tomatoes, and more, the Oscate, weapons for the Syanlins' and their allies' private armies and the Lamazanii military force and finally the Iki-Zamje, the biggest load of all, gold pendants, decorations, diamonds, rubies, emeralds and sapphires. As Aser looked at the financial report of the month before he heard a polite knock on the door.

"Go away," Aser shouted at the door. "I'm busy."

"My lord, word from Ser Villem!" A servant called from the outside. "He apologizes but he has business in the city for tonight and so he cannot join your supper this evening."

"Thank you!" Aser acknowledged the news, turning a page in his financial booklet to note down the income and expenses of the week.

A second knock rocked at the door as Aser looked up as he heard the servant quickly speaking to the person who had knocked. Concerned, Aser stood up just as the door flew open and Gratiano 'the Quiet' Batunamizi stormed in. He was pissed, Aser could see that as the 6"2 giant loomed over Aser and his desk, two other Batunamizi soldiers following him quickly followed by two Syanlins soldiers.

"Just what in the Stations do you think you're doing?" Gratiano snapped at Aser, rudely pointing his finger at Aser.

"Financial reports Gratiano," Aser answered before turning the question on Gratiano, narrowing his eyes. "The fuck are you doing here?"

"Wondering where the hell my older sister is," Gratiano glared at Aser, clearly accusing him of something. "Since no one has seen her all day at my manor."

"Pity," Aser shrugged and looked off to the right. "If I had seen her and knew that she was missing, she would have already been back at the Fisherman's Manor."

"Aye?" Gratiano folded his arms and scoffed at Aser's words. "You haven't heard the rumours?"

"Rumours?" Aser leaned forward, eager to hear what Gratiano had to say even though he already knew what he was about to say. "Do tell Lord Gratiano."

"Your bastard-" Gratiano began before Aser held up his hand.

"You refer to him as either Ser Villem or simply Villem," Aser whipped the words at Gratiano. "You do not have the honour to inform my brother by the name bastard."

"Your brother," Gratiano corrected himself, Aser's words stinging his pride. "Has been courting my sister and vice versa. Do you know what will happen to your brother if he were to either elope or marry her?"

"Uh," Aser pondered the question to himself for a quick second. "No, and I really don't give enough shits to hear the answer."

"Dishonour on the Batunamizi family, on my sister and, of course, 'repercussions' on your trade." Gratiano grinned evilly at Aser before Aser nodded to the Syanlins soldiers behind the Batunamizis.

"Yeah?" Aser looked at Gratiano, unamused by his threats. "You can go fuck yourself and your Kiriak whore wife in the dirtest brothel in the Ponotiria District."

Gratiano fumed at this, but said nothing as he turned and left the room, the guards following him. Glancing at the servant who stood outside, visibly shocked by what had just happened, Aser motioned for him to close the door before a woman entered the room. Well, not any ordinary woman, it was Elisak Vocanni. Aser's heart almost skipped a beat as she closed the door behind her with her foot. She had her blonde hair brushed to one side and was dressed in an unusual outfit: a brown leather vest over a white shirt, blue cloth pants and worker's boots that went up to her knees. Raising his eyebrow at Elisak's outfit, Aser looked at her before standing up.

"What-" Aser began before Elisak pushed him back onto his seat.

"Do you think you can come to Lamazanii without inviting me?" Elisak whispered in Aser's ear as she sat on top of him.

"I had no idea where you were." Aser managed, staring at Elisak's position on top of him.

"Well, I haven't visited my family in a while," Elisak sighed before she nibbled at Aser's neck before rolling over and making eye contact with him. "We can go visit them, right? My mother Asthinia would be overjoyed to see how much Kathrina has grown since her birth year."

"Oh, sure, yeah." Aser could only feel the desire to embrace Elisak, she was, well, playful and flirty. "Uh, so how did you get here?"

"Fuck off Aser," Elisak smiled at him, slyly before she nibbled at his neck again. "Always about business, just relax. You're all business and no fun now."

Well, that was that, Aser grabbed her and embraced her before kissing her. He drew back, feeling the rush before Elisak returned the favour. And after that, well, let's just say Aser was no longer stressed.

Heraklea-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:12 am

Ponotiria District, Grand City of Lamazanii
Summer, 1005 AR
Villem Syanlins

Villem slowly came awake. He found himself spooning up to the back of the red-head with Miranda pressed up against him from behind. It was a good place to be. He could feel the wonderful filth of the night before dried upon his body. It was a good feeling to have. Unfortunately, his stirring began waking his bed companions. The red head stretched and looked back at Villem and Miranda.

“You two are beyond any customers I've had in the past. No wonder so many titter about mighty Bastard of the Syanlins. Were all bastards like you there would be no other form of man. And you, miss Miranda. I swear you made give an entire sea last night.” Miranda reached over Villem to caress the young whore.

“If we can trust in your discretion,” Miranda replied, “you can expect much repeat custom just as energetic.”

“I can hardly wait.” The young woman rose from the bed and left for a bath to clean off the evening's exertions.

“We should do this more often,” Miranda said.

“We shouldn't have done this at all,” Villem replied. Miranda sighed.

“My damn reputation again. Villem, you're sweet. And you probably worry too much about being a bastard. Given the love between you and Aser, you might as well be full brothers. I could give my brother worse allies than the Syanlins.”

“Maybe. But it is not just your reputation I'm worried about. My family is in danger, and you might be as well by our association.” Miranda sat up more, a look of worry on her face.

“Do you know from who?”

“Quite possibly your brother.” Miranda's face became confused. “A Batunamizi soldier led an attack on Aser at the city gates.”

“Gods. I had heard about that ambush, but had no idea it was Aser there. Is he alright?”

“He is fine, but we lost two men.” Villem paused. “I hate to be indelicate, but-”

“I can't see my brother doing something like this. There must be something else at play. I'll make inquiries.”

“Don't. You could put yourself in more danger.”

“Worry less, Villem. I can care for myself.”

Syanlins-Lamazanii Trade Port, Grand City of Lamanzanii
Summer, 1005 AR

Villem reentered the trade port not long after leaving the brothel and proceeded immediately to the barracks. Orka stood in front of the door, at attention, awaiting Villem's appraisal. Villem could see Orka had slept poorly the night before, likely because he was up most the night cleaning and polishing his gear.

“Better,” said Villem after a quick examination. “Much better. Take your post as I have directed.”

“Yes ser.” Villem watched Orka make his way to gate of the trade port before heading inside for a quick breakfast.
Last edited by Heraklea- on Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:33 am

On the road to the Grand City of Lamazanii
Summer, 1005 AR
Izolda Syanlins

"An attack?" Izolda snapped, shocked at the news looking down on the weathered old thatcher. The man nodded glumly at her question. "Aye m'lady 'tis so. My apprentice was there, saw 'em attack your lordly brother he did, right at the gates of the Osmanliek m'lady." The thatcher declared. "Was 'em Batunamizi folk and city guardsmen they say m'lady." He elaborated.

Izolda felt a shiver, despite the warmth of the Lamanzanii midday sun, down her back at the thought of an attack on her kinsmen. Suddenly her unescorted trip towards the city with only a hound to protect her seemed like a fool's errand. Izolda knew of course that her family had enemies and some of those enemies was not about to shy away from extrajudicial murder or open warfare in the very streets of the cesspit of a city Lamanzanii was, but the attack shocked and stunned her none the less. And terrified her. Lowering her head she folded her hands, absentmindedly noticing that they trembled. "Good God, thou who art in Heaven, please preserve my brothers and my house from their foes and let them all be unharmed. Please God, please." She prayed with a shaking voice and frantic tone as an unusual accompaniment to her spirituality, usually manifested through devout and solemn prayers. But Izolda was rattled. A lot.

Looking up again, for once not the least bit consoled by her religion, Izolda saw concern in the eyes of the thatcher. She flashed him a faint smile, glad for some company. The thatcher's wife had died three years past of the same slow fever that had slain Izolda's father. Since then Izolda had done her best to aid the man and his family recover from personal tragedy and he was the first man Izolda had ever loaned money. A very clever investment as it had turned out. Not because it had made her a hefty profit but because it had won her a devoted follower. "Thank you for telling me Berengar." Izolda spoke. The man nodded slowly. "M'lady should not ride to Lamanzanii now, 'tis dark times in the city when the lord of Syanlins is not safe from harm. Let ole Berengar follow you home m'lady, I beg you?" The thatcher said.

Izolda nodded slowly, casting one last worried gaze towards the city. Safe or unsafe there was nothing she could do for her family by rushing into a city that had just turned out to be more dangerous than she had ever imagined. She could do more from the Manor of Lions, and that would be where Aser would send words if he was alright. "Yes." Izolda said. "Thank you Berengar."
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Saint Morning
Minister

Founded: Apr 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Morning » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:58 pm

Summer, 1005 AR
Elizabeth Syanlin

The trade port was a completely knew experience for Elizabeth, she had heard stories about the area being infested with whores and other low-lives but of course she would never believe such a thing, well not until she saw them with her own eyes. Few things shocked her and this was the most shocking, she remember looking and watching some of the men in their traveling party motion towards such people and as much as she wanted to remark on their behavior ,she held her tongue, for once listening to cousin's warning.

But despite this, Elizabeth couldn't help but explore the area, it had been so long since she had left the manor so she wanted to savior her freedom as much as she could. the guardsmen turned a blind eye on her once they saw her past by, probably not even recognizing her as she was not in her normal attire. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail and she was attire in a simple green gown that was cover by a blue cloak. All of her Syanlin afflicted accessories were nowhere to be found and to a nobleman who knew nothing of the family may mistake her for a peasant.

She hid in a corner when she noticed the guardsmen who had assisted in bringing her here came around the corner. She let out a breathe when they past by without noticing her and the bow and quiver that was strapped on her back. She had 'borrowed' it from one of the men in the barracks and would bring it back to him after she was done with it. After making sure that the coast was clear she continue her attempt to sneak away without being noticed.
Last edited by Saint Morning on Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heraklea-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:36 pm

Syanlins-Lamazanii Trade Port, Grand City of Lamanzanii
Summer, 1005 AR
Villem Syanlins

Villem leaned back in his chair after eating. The cook here wasn't as good as the one back at the Manor of Lions, but it was still a satisfying meal. He rose from his chair and made his way out of the kitchen. He surveyed the soldiers at their drills and decided to add a few more to keep them sharp. And then he noticed his cousin sneaking about.

She was good. A testament to her late father's training. She knew how to move subtly. She had removed all markings of their family from herself to aid in blending in. Unfortunately for her, she was more used to nature. Most who were not looking for her wouldn't notice, but a well trained eye would notice her skulking. And one searching for her specifically...

That brought up a new thought to Villem. He quickly made his way to where Elizabeth was attempting to affect her escape. Just as she was going for the door, he clamped a hand on her shoulder.

“No arguments, Little Princess. We're going to the training salle. If you're going to try and leave the port without protection, you'll at least do it with some knowledge.”

Saint Morning
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Morning » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:54 am

Heraklea- wrote:Syanlins-Lamazanii Trade Port, Grand City of Lamanzanii
Summer, 1005 AR
Villem Syanlins

Villem leaned back in his chair after eating. The cook here wasn't as good as the one back at the Manor of Lions, but it was still a satisfying meal. He rose from his chair and made his way out of the kitchen. He surveyed the soldiers at their drills and decided to add a few more to keep them sharp. And then he noticed his cousin sneaking about.

She was good. A testament to her late father's training. She knew how to move subtly. She had removed all markings of their family from herself to aid in blending in. Unfortunately for her, she was more used to nature. Most who were not looking for her wouldn't notice, but a well trained eye would notice her skulking. And one searching for her specifically...

That brought up a new thought to Villem. He quickly made his way to where Elizabeth was attempting to affect her escape. Just as she was going for the door, he clamped a hand on her shoulder.

“No arguments, Little Princess. We're going to the training salle. If you're going to try and leave the port without protection, you'll at least do it with some knowledge.”

Summer, 1005 AR
Elizabeth Syanlin

Elizabeth stiffened when she had felt a hand grip her shoulder, though she relax considerably once she heard her cousin's voice. She turned around, with a frown on her face and a raised brow.

"I have protection" she pointed out, and she did, the bow and quiver on her back was testimony to that, but before the man could say anything she quickly added. "But if you believe that it's necessary then fine" She raised a hand to Villem's arm and gently took it off her shoulder. "Lead the way good cousin"
Last edited by Saint Morning on Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Heraklea-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:21 pm

Summer, 1005 AR
Villem Syanlins

“You are armed,” Villem replied as he led the way to the salle, “not protected. If you were protected you would have shieldmen. If you were protected you would be wearing armor. If you were protected, I wouldn't have spotted you trying to leave. You will shortly understand the difference.” Villem opened the door to the salle and strode through, onto the ground of loose sands. He closed the door behind himself and Elizabeth then walked to a chest on the far wall. Opening it, he reached inside and pulled out a practice dagger. He hefted it a couple times and shifted it from one hand to the other before turning and tossing it to Elizabeth.

“You should find the weight and balance similar to your own dagger,” he said as he turned back and continued rummaging through the chest. “Its edges are blunted to lower the risk of permanent damage. These weapons still have weight though, and they will bruise, so be cautious.” With that, he suddenly spun upwards, wielding twinned swords, and commenced a whirlwind attack upon Elizabeth. She was driven back, raising her dagger to try to block the blows coming at rapid speed. Villem’s left-hand sword connected with the dagger and sent Elizabeth falling flat on her back. Villem dropped his right knee on her chest, pinning her in place, and placed the blunted edge of his right-hand sword against her neck. “You just died.” He stood back up.

“You cheated!” Elizabeth yelled. “You attacked me before I was ready, with two full swords to my one dagger!”

“Is that what you will shout when an assassin comes for you, Cousin? You cheated? Make no mistake, Little Princess. You were born a woman and as such will never be afforded the privilege of honorable combat. When you are attacked, it will be by a man without honor. He will be bigger than you, stronger than you and he will be completely ruthless. To survive, you will have to be faster and smarter and a thousand times as ruthless, or I will be forced to avenge my cousin’s death. This is your first lesson. Learn it well. If you must fight, you must hold back nothing. You must end it as quickly as possible, and preferably with the death of your attacker. Is the lesson learned?” Elizabeth nodded as she rose. “Then I expect you to never be again caught unawares. Now, we begin again.” Villem started a new whirling attack on his cousin.
Last edited by Heraklea- on Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saint Morning
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Morning » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:17 pm

Heraklea- wrote:Syanlins-Lamazanii Trade Port, Grand City of Lamazanii
Summer, 1005 AR
Villem Syanlins

“You are armed,” Villem replied as he led the way to the salle, “not protected. If you were protected you would have shieldmen. If you were protected you would be wearing armor. If you were protected, I wouldn't have spotted you trying to leave. You will shortly understand the difference.” Villem opened the door to the salle and strode through, onto the ground of loose sands. He closed the door behind himself and Elizabeth then walked to a chest on the far wall. Opening it, he reached inside and pulled out a practice dagger. He hefted it a couple times and shifted it from one hand to the other before turning and tossing it to Elizabeth.

“You should find the weight and balance similar to your own dagger,” he said as he turned back and continued rummaging through the chest. “Its edges are blunted to lower the risk of permanent damage. These weapons still have weight though, and they will bruise, so be cautious.” With that, he suddenly spun upwards, wielding twinned swords, and commenced a whirlwind attack upon Elizabeth. She was driven back, raising her dagger to try to block the blows coming at rapid speed. Villem’s left-hand sword connected with the dagger and sent Elizabeth falling flat on her back. Villem dropped his right knee on her chest, pinning her in place, and placed the blunted edge of his right-hand sword against her neck. “You just died.” He stood back up.

“You cheated!” Elizabeth yelled. “You attacked me before I was ready, with two full swords to my one dagger!”

“Is that what you will shout when an assassin comes for you, Cousin? You cheated? Make no mistake, Little Princess. You were born a woman and as such will never be afforded the privilege of honorable combat. When you are attacked, it will be by a man without honor. He will be bigger than you, stronger than you and he will be completely ruthless. To survive, you will have to be faster and smarter and a thousand times as ruthless, or I will be forced to avenge my cousin’s death. This is your first lesson. Learn it well. If you must fight, you must hold back nothing. You must end it as quickly as possible, and preferably with the death of your attacker. Is the lesson learned?” Elizabeth nodded as she rose. “Then I expect you to never be again caught unawares. Now, we begin again.” Villem started a new whirling attack on his cousin.

Summer, 1005 AR
Elisabeth Syanlins

Villem's training was no walk in the park, she knew he wastrying to help her, but geez this was ridicules. She panted slightly, sweat dripping off her face as she stared at her cousin's tall frame, honestly she kind of like this training thing, wouldn't mind doing it more often if her gender wasn't such a hindrance. A well she couldn't possibly do anything about that now could she?

"I'm surprised Villem" She huffed, standing up and rolling her neck. "Your actually quite a good teacher" she joked, getting back into a defensive stance. Time for round, wait... what round were they on now? She honestly lost count, but she supposed it didn't matter, he was easily beating her at least 8-2 and she only believed that she won those times because he let her. She made to lunged again, but stopped after she heard a cat call from the side. twisting around she glared at the perpetrator, or rather perpetrators as it was a group of three armored men, who was eying her inappropriately. They didn't seem to be faze by her glare, obviously not recognizing her, and simply continued to stare, she could have sworn she heard one say that they like it when their feisty. Oh she'll give them feisty, she made her way towards them, though she fully expected Villem to stop her in her tracks.
Last edited by Saint Morning on Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:25 pm

Summer, 1005 AR

The three gentlemen of the Syanlins' elite retinue, Alexei, Gramos and Laiz, all looked at the girl who was practising with Villem Syanlins. Alexei could only chuckle as the girl tried fighting as Gramos tried his old wolf whistle and shouting before whispering to the others that he liked it when the women were feisty. As soon as he had said that, the girl began to turn as Alexei straightened up, placing his hand over his sword as Laiz and Gramos continued to watch.

"You've fucked up Gramos," Laiz snorted as he popped another piece of bread into his mouth. "Good going."

"Shut the hell up Laiz, you're responsible too." Gramos lightly punched him back, taking another piece of bread from the loaf that was sitting on the wooden plate before them.

Alexei stepped forward, ignoring the other two and placing his hand over his eyes to block the sunlight from his eyes so he could see who was approaching. Oh, it was her, Elisabeth Syanlins, perfect. The stuck-up princess, and if Villem were to approach, it would be safe to say that the Three Gentlemen were screwed.

Heraklea-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:43 am

Training Salle, Syanlins-Lamazanii Trade Port, the Grand City of Lamazanii
Summer, 1005 AR
Villem Syanlins

“I wouldn’t try it, Cousin,” Villem called from where he stood “Each of them has more years practice with a sword than you’ve been alive. Besides, they know their place as bannermen of our house. They would not bring you to harm, nor offer offense if your identity was known.” He turned to the three men. “Offer heartfelt apology, as is required by your offense.”

Saint Morning
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Morning » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:30 pm

Heraklea- wrote: Training Salle, Syanlins-Lamazanii Trade Port, the Grand City of Lamazanii
Summer, 1005 AR
Villem Syanlins

“I wouldn’t try it, Cousin,” Villem called from where he stood “Each of them has more years practice with a sword than you’ve been alive. Besides, they know their place as bannermen of our house. They would not bring you to harm, nor offer offense if your identity was known.” He turned to the three men. “Offer heartfelt apology, as is required by your offense.”

Training Salle, Syanlins-Lamazanii Trade Port, the Grand City of Lamazanii
Summer, 1005 AR
Elisabeth Syanlins

Elisabeth stopped abruptly, lips tightened into a straight line, as she glared menacingly at the men before her. She took deep breathes as she attempted to calm herself before she did anything rash. "That doesn't excuse their actions" She muttered, only loud enough for Villem to hear. God men were pigs! Her glare softened and she sighed, this really wasn't worth the time and effort. She simply stood there, waiting expectantly for the men to say their apologies so that her and Ville can continue you their little training session.
Last edited by Saint Morning on Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:09 pm

Summer, 1005 AR

Alexei looked back as he removed his hand from the hilt of his sword. He nodded to Villem before turning his attention to the Princess. Bowing slightly, Alexei could hear the chuckles from Laiz and Gramos as he straightened up.

"On behalf of my fellows, m'lady," Alexei sounded as polite as he could, almost chewing his right cheek as he spoke. "I apologize for their gestures that have offended you."

Gramos snickered again before he mockingly clapped his hands, shouting out "bravo!" and "encore!" at Alexei before Alexei turned around. He was grinning, Gramos, and this partially irritated Alexei, but also reminded him why he was friends with Gramos. The guy could be serious at times, especially while on duty, but he had just come back from a joint all-night patrol with the City Guard, so he had his reasons for slacking off.

Heraklea-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:45 pm

Training Salle, Syanlins Lamazanii Trade Port, Grand City of Lamazanii
Summer, 1005 AR
Villem Syanlins

Villem shook his head. Gramos was not only well skilled with a sword, but also was one of the best known carousers among the family’s bannermen. He couldn’t count how many cups he had crushed with the man, and he was nearly as infamous a wencher as Villem. The man’s one major weakness was his failure to maintain any sense of formality while not on duty. He could be well trusted to man his watch and could be a devil to any he felt were failing to keep there own accordingly, but once duty ended and liberty began…

“There, Cousin,” Villem said, heading off any further confrontation. "Apology has been made. The matter is settled.” He turned to the retainers. “Be gone to the barracks, the lot of you.” Villem drew close to Gramos. “And you would best remember the lesson I taught you once in The Crow’s Bath.” Gramos developed a sheepish smile.

“Aye, I’ll do that ser.”

Villem nodded as the three left the salle. He turned to his cousin and sighed.

“Elizabeth, you must learn to pick your battles and the time to fight them. And I don’t just mean physical contest. Our house is under attack. I know not from who, but it is assuredly so. We must stand together to protect our family. When others look on us, they must see a shield wall without crack or breach. We cannot afford you and Aser constantly at each others throats. You must defer to him, or at least be seen to. Any issue with him, you bring it to me and I will speak with Aser on your behalf. Do you understand?”

Heraklea-
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:02 pm

Summer, 1005 AR
Villem Syanlins

With the training session over, Villem left the salle. He returned to his room where he found the young servant assigned to him and one of the maids.

“Ser Villem, I asked Nadia here to give you a massage after your work out.”

“Good thinking,” Villem replied as he disrobed and lay upon his bed. The maid moved to the bed and began forcefully massaging Villem's muscles. He moaned as each one had the tension worked out of it. With each portion of his back now loose he turned over and let the maid begin working his front. Villem watched as the slight blush on the maid's face grew and her breath deepened. She looked up into Villem's eyes and he quietly beckoned her. Villem's man servant descreetly left the room.

Some hours later Villem sat in the bath as the maid washed his body. She had been an enthusiastic lover and now showed a great deal of affection for the Syanlin bastard. Villem took in a deep breath of steam and released it.

“You understand that there will be nothing between us beyond the occasional romp?”

“Of course, Ser. As long as I get my occasionals, I think I will greatly enjoy having the family in the city.” Villem grunted then rose out of the tub. The maid dried him then helped him dress. Once again clad to face the day, Villem traced the maid's jaw line with his finger. She gave a little shudder.

“Until next time,” Villem said. He left the maid and sought out his brother, finding himself curious about how he had spent his time.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:49 pm

Summer, 1005 AR
Aser Syanlins

Aser looked out from the balcony of his quarters in the Trade Port, fully dressed, looking at the bright, blue sea. He sighed, wondering when he would cross the sea to the Eastern Empire and would be able to learn new languages and such. A polite knock echoed at his door as Aser passed by a sleeping Elisak in the bed, a cover on top of her. Arriving at the door, Aser opened it up enough so that he could glance at the servant.

"Yes?" Aser asked him.

"Your sister m'lord," The servant greeted him. "She was seen riding to Lamazanii but turned back."

"Tell her she can come, I don't know why she would turn back," Aser nodded to the servant. "It's not like she's ever listened to me before."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse