NATION

PASSWORD

Chronicle of the Syanlins | OOC | OPEN | MATURE CONTENT |

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:40 pm

Treko wrote:Seems like Bjorn and Villem are going to be your enforcers

I might marry Villem off :P

Saint Morning
Minister

Founded: Apr 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Morning » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:43 pm

Ontorisa wrote:

Wow :rofl:

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:44 pm

Saint Morning wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

Well, not a maternal marriage, a regular one of course.

Saint Morning
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Morning » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:48 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
Saint Morning wrote:

Eh... wouldn't be surprised if Elisabeth get's married off :meh:

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:50 pm

Saint Morning wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

Ehhh, no one really wants a cousin though :P

Saint Morning
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Morning » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:53 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
Saint Morning wrote:

Maybe we should start the Ic now while most of us are online at the moment, i'm itching to roleplay in this universe

Treko
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:53 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
Saint Morning wrote:

Yeah....lannisters

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:57 pm

Saint Morning wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

Maybe we should start the Ic now while most of us are online at the moment, i'm itching to roleplay in this universe

I'll get it up in a bit.

Treko wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

Yeah....lannisters

Royalty + desires*

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:21 pm

Maple Succesors
Envoy

Founded: Aug 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Maple Succesors » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:43 pm

This looks fairly interesting, I'd like to throw my hat into the ring.

Character Name: Junitaliaranus

Nickname: Jun The Inquisitive

Titles: None

Appearance :

Bust done by commission by the talented artist http://parcelhare.tumblr.com/

Personality:

Junitaliaranus, more commonly referred to as Jun, often comes off as a very cold and aloof individual. His frail appearance belies his underlying force of will, and he has used it to see his will done by stronger individuals than he. While his disposition is normally cold and forceful, those he counts among his friends see his defenses lowered and a quirkier young scholar beneath. Those who earn his ire however, see yet another side, the burning fury of a man challenged.Thankfully however, these bouts of anger are short. Most of all however, he feels a desire to prove himself worthy, worthy of what, or to whom, he may never say.

Strengths:

1) Intellectual- Living much of his early life in the company of monks and other learned men, Jun has a substantial repertoire of knowledge available, as well as his own natural above average intelligence.

2) Compelling- This young man has an almost inexplicable aura surrounding him. While many men like him would be made outcasts, Jun has the ability to compel those around him. This is a combination of his own natural will to be victorious, and his studies of the great speakers of the past.

3) Iron-Willed- Little can be done to dissuade this man, or make him cower. Some muse that the bitter cold he lived in during his youth has chilled his very soul. No matter the case, little can rattle the man, be it a bloodbath or unexpected visit from a relative.

Weaknesses (Minimum 2):

1) Frail- A result of a sickness that took his when he was very young. While he survived the ordeal, it permanently stunted his physical development. To this day, if some might see him when he believes himself to be alone, he still shivers from a con-existent cold. He cannot take as much physical punishment as others, nor can he perform many feats of strength.

2) Paranoid- Very little can rattle this man, but that might be because he always expects the worst. He is wary of committing himself to many risky ventures, and often takes often unnecessary precautions.

Equipment:

-Northern fur coat.
-Fencing Saber.

Biography:

Picarry Syanlins once had a sister, a woman who was married off to secure trade relations with a house from the north. Upon leaving Paseral to live with her new husband, she soon found herself with child. Unfortunately, this child was born in the midst of one of the worst winters of the past four decades. The child contracted a sickness, and he was thought by many to not be long for life. However, this child persevered and would later grow into the man known as Junitaliaranus.

In his early childhood, his Mother passed away, and his Father had little warmth in his heart for the boy. To be rid of the invalid who bore his blood, he sent him away to live with the monks of a local monastery, where Jun spent most of his childhood. It was here he gained the nickname, "The Inquisitive", from the monks who served as foster fathers and recognized his desire for knowledge.

When he heard his relatives, the Syanlins, were coming under threat, he decided to leave the Monastery and aid his Mother's family. The last words his father said to him were, "Fine then, if they want a useless boy, they can have ye."

With those words of encouragement, he set off for the south, grim faced and determined.

Relation to the Syanlins Family:

Cousin to Aser Syalins

RP Examples:
Maple Succesors wrote:Commander Royce, now De Facto ruler of the Maple Successors lounged in his new office and took in his situation. With Redeemer Valence fully on board with his endeavor he could not help but grin. It was so fortunate that The Legion of the Dead had ended the previous Commander, the paranoid fool he had been. Now with the new territory secured under his control, he could not help but want for more.

However, he knew that North America, let alone the entire world, was an enormous place. To properly ensure the ideals of the Successors fulfilled, he would need o learn the lay of the land as the fledgling Succor faction was but one player entering a game many others had been playing for some time. As such, his first command after the Niagara Falls area had been fully brought under his command was to send a message using Yggdrasil's advanced communications systems, set to broadcast so that any might hear it.

"This is Commander Royce, and let it to be known to all across North America with the means to hear it, that the Maple successors have arisen from the frozen Wastes of Canada. All those who hear this, be aware, we exist to ensure Humanity's progression, and to protect it from any threat. Be that harmful ideologies, technology, environment, or even itself. To any who wish to deal with us, we are a reasonable people, and would prefer to see negotiations carried out rather than bloodshed. The World has burned, and we are its Successors."

Anything else we should know?

Nothing that I'm aware of at the moment, just curious if this works.

Heraklea-
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:08 pm

Yeah, seems so. Though I don't think Villem is going to be quite as ruthless as Bjorn looks like he is going to be.

Ontorisa wrote:I might marry Villem off :P

Hey, if you can find someone willing to marry a bastard with no inheritance, have at.

Treko
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:15 pm

Heraklea- wrote:

Yeah, seems so. Though I don't think Villem is going to be quite as ruthless as Bjorn looks like he is going to be.

Ontorisa wrote:I might marry Villem off :P

Hey, if you can find someone willing to marry a bastard with no inheritance, have at.

Haha, someone usually has to be the more ruthless among the two

Heraklea-
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:01 pm

@Ontorisa: I had initially assumed that this was set in some fictional part of Europe, but that is now obviously not the case, so here's a few questions for the OP about the world:
  • What does the local government and its hierarchy actually look like? Does Aser sit in a Senate or Council (thus also affording him the additional title of Senator/Councilor)?
  • What religion is being practiced in prominence, and is it for all intents and purposes the Catholic Church without being the Catholic Church? Is it mono- or polytheistic?

Also, more aimed at the lot of us in this RP, looking around we have three characters (two who have actually been accepted so far) who are far more martially minded than trade minded and a female who also has a greater taste for the physical than the mental, and only two (one accepted) who are more for the business side of a merchant house. This seems sort of wrong somehow.

Treko
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:19 pm

Heraklea- wrote:@Ontorisa: I had initially assumed that this was set in some fictional part of Europe, but that is now obviously not the case, so here's a few questions for the OP about the world:
  • What does the local government and its hierarchy actually look like? Does Aser sit in a Senate or Council (thus also affording him the additional title of Senator/Councilor)?
  • What religion is being practiced in prominence, and is it for all intents and purposes the Catholic Church without being the Catholic Church? Is it mono- or polytheistic?

Also, more aimed at the lot of us in this RP, looking around we have three characters (two who have actually been accepted so far) who are far more martially minded than trade minded and a female who also has a greater taste for the physical than the mental, and only two (one accepted) who are more for the business side of a merchant house. This seems sort of wrong somehow.

True, but I'm assuming that being tactical can have some part to play in the business. I mean I never stated Bjorn doesn't care for the business he just does thing he is suited for. I'm sure he could handle some form of business.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:50 am

Heraklea- wrote:@Ontorisa: I had initially assumed that this was set in some fictional part of Europe, but that is now obviously not the case, so here's a few questions for the OP about the world:

Eh, it's more of a violent business family. Kind of like the mafias :P
There will be fights, but there will also be an economical side of the RP. Having martial characters are good plus I can marry Villem off to a courtier and Elisabeth off to another house to secure relations.

EDIT:

Aser is simply an economic adviser to the current head of Lamazanii, he is not a senator or part of the High Council due to the political reasons and the outcry from the families.

The government by the way, looks like this:

128-member district municipal governments - [councils in control of the politics of a single district]
64-member municipal senate - [in control of Lamazanii's politics]
24-member council - [advisories, etc.]
The Head Republican

As for religion, go wild. We won't use the actual names but we will be using the same religion as in real life.
Maple Succesors wrote:
This looks fairly interesting, I'd like to throw my hat into the ring.

Character Name: Junitaliaranus

Nickname: Jun The Inquisitive

Titles: None

Appearance :

Bust done by commission by the talented artist http://parcelhare.tumblr.com/

Personality:

Junitaliaranus, more commonly referred to as Jun, often comes off as a very cold and aloof individual. His frail appearance belies his underlying force of will, and he has used it to see his will done by stronger individuals than he. While his disposition is normally cold and forceful, those he counts among his friends see his defenses lowered and a quirkier young scholar beneath. Those who earn his ire however, see yet another side, the burning fury of a man challenged.Thankfully however, these bouts of anger are short. Most of all however, he feels a desire to prove himself worthy, worthy of what, or to whom, he may never say.

Strengths:

1) Intellectual- Living much of his early life in the company of monks and other learned men, Jun has a substantial repertoire of knowledge available, as well as his own natural above average intelligence.

2) Compelling- This young man has an almost inexplicable aura surrounding him. While many men like him would be made outcasts, Jun has the ability to compel those around him. This is a combination of his own natural will to be victorious, and his studies of the great speakers of the past.

3) Iron-Willed- Little can be done to dissuade this man, or make him cower. Some muse that the bitter cold he lived in during his youth has chilled his very soul. No matter the case, little can rattle the man, be it a bloodbath or unexpected visit from a relative.

Weaknesses (Minimum 2):

1) Frail- A result of a sickness that took his when he was very young. While he survived the ordeal, it permanently stunted his physical development. To this day, if some might see him when he believes himself to be alone, he still shivers from a con-existent cold. He cannot take as much physical punishment as others, nor can he perform many feats of strength.

2) Paranoid- Very little can rattle this man, but that might be because he always expects the worst. He is wary of committing himself to many risky ventures, and often takes often unnecessary precautions.

Equipment:

-Northern fur coat.
-Fencing Saber.

Biography:

Picarry Syanlins once had a sister, a woman who was married off to secure trade relations with a house from the north. Upon leaving Paseral to live with her new husband, she soon found herself with child. Unfortunately, this child was born in the midst of one of the worst winters of the past four decades. The child contracted a sickness, and he was thought by many to not be long for life. However, this child persevered and would later grow into the man known as Junitaliaranus.

In his early childhood, his Mother passed away, and his Father had little warmth in his heart for the boy. To be rid of the invalid who bore his blood, he sent him away to live with the monks of a local monastery, where Jun spent most of his childhood. It was here he gained the nickname, "The Inquisitive", from the monks who served as foster fathers and recognized his desire for knowledge.

When he heard his relatives, the Syanlins, were coming under threat, he decided to leave the Monastery and aid his Mother's family. The last words his father said to him were, "Fine then, if they want a useless boy, they can have ye."

With those words of encouragement, he set off for the south, grim faced and determined.

Relation to the Syanlins Family:

Cousin to Aser Syalins

RP Examples:
Maple Succesors wrote:Commander Royce, now De Facto ruler of the Maple Successors lounged in his new office and took in his situation. With Redeemer Valence fully on board with his endeavor he could not help but grin. It was so fortunate that The Legion of the Dead had ended the previous Commander, the paranoid fool he had been. Now with the new territory secured under his control, he could not help but want for more.

However, he knew that North America, let alone the entire world, was an enormous place. To properly ensure the ideals of the Successors fulfilled, he would need o learn the lay of the land as the fledgling Succor faction was but one player entering a game many others had been playing for some time. As such, his first command after the Niagara Falls area had been fully brought under his command was to send a message using Yggdrasil's advanced communications systems, set to broadcast so that any might hear it.

"This is Commander Royce, and let it to be known to all across North America with the means to hear it, that the Maple successors have arisen from the frozen Wastes of Canada. All those who hear this, be aware, we exist to ensure Humanity's progression, and to protect it from any threat. Be that harmful ideologies, technology, environment, or even itself. To any who wish to deal with us, we are a reasonable people, and would prefer to see negotiations carried out rather than bloodshed. The World has burned, and we are its Successors."

Anything else we should know?

Nothing that I'm aware of at the moment, just curious if this works.

Looks good.

Accepted.
Last edited by Ontorisa on Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:37 am

I will be finished this evening.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:25 am

Cylarn wrote:I will be finished this evening.

Take your time man, looks fantastic :)

Treko
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:30 am

I'm loved so much I have a plot to kill me already happening :lol2:

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:34 am

Treko wrote:I'm loved so much I have a plot to kill me already happening :lol2:

Yeah man, I'm going to go all evil on Elisak.

Treko
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:37 am

Ontorisa wrote:
Treko wrote:I'm loved so much I have a plot to kill me already happening :lol2:

I could tell. Maybe I can get a few of the bastages before I go out!

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:38 am

Treko wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

I could tell. Maybe I can get a few of the bastages before I go out!

You can try :P

Treko
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:39 am

Ontorisa wrote:
Treko wrote:I could tell. Maybe I can get a few of the bastages before I go out!

I will! The funny thing is that Bjorn couldn't uncover the plot if he tried haha He would need help to uncover it.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:46 am

Treko wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

I will! The funny thing is that Bjorn couldn't uncover the plot if he tried haha He would need help to uncover it.

I'll have Aser uncover it sometime in the future.

Treko
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:48 am

Ontorisa wrote:
Treko wrote:I will! The funny thing is that Bjorn couldn't uncover the plot if he tried haha He would need help to uncover it.

I can just see him at his desk drinking wine.

"My lord, should we tell Bjorn?"

*takes a sip of wine* "Nahhhh...i'm busy at the moment."

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:49 am

Treko wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

I can just see him at his desk drinking wine.

"My lord, should we tell Bjorn?"

*takes a sip of wine* "Nahhhh...i'm busy at the moment."

Always comedic moments between the two.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse