NATION

PASSWORD

In Memorial of the Fallen: a RWBY RP [IC Thread]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Servanity
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Servanity » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:26 am

Crim
Unassigned
Beacon Academy Landing Pad
Vale

Crim let off a proud smile as the man noticed Sanguine. "Thanks . You have a nice weapon yourself maybe I can see it in action sometime. My name is Crim." He said sticking out his hand.

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sterkistan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:17 am

Servanity wrote:My name is Crim." He said sticking out his hand.

Zac An
Unassigned
Beacon Landing Pad
Vale

James grasped Crim's hand in a firm-yet-friendly handshake. "Thanks, the name's Zac."
He pat the weapon at his side, "Hopefully you won't see it from the recieving end. Likewise, I'd hate to be against that on the field."
The sword design was unlike anything he'd seen. Then again, people in Vacuo weren't real big on getting close with some of the Grimm there.
Zac looked around the bustling landing pad, "Know where we could get a bite?"
Last edited by Sterkistan on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

Servanity
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Servanity » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:35 am

Crim returned the firm handshake and said. " Yea I know a good sea food place if you want to go." Despite what Zac said Crim did want to see his weapon in action to see which was better the gun or the sword.

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:12 pm

Servanity wrote:"Yea I know a good sea food place if you want to go."

Zac An
Unassigned
Vale

Zac nodded eagerly, "Gotta be better then Airship food."
As he followed Crim toward the seafood place, Zac took in all the sights, sounds and smells around him. It was a completely different world to Vacuo; trees and flowers sprouted from every free space, people were friendly and tried to hold conversations, the buildings were clean and sleek, shop-keeps invited you to browse their wares with a sort of confidence and care-free nature that was worlds apart from the suspicious and ever-wary store attendants in Vacuo.

Strange and foreign smells kept Zac on his toes, and almost alien products drew his eye. It was an overload of the senses, he could barely contain the wonder he felt when looking around, wishing that Vacuo was as interesting or appealing.
"This place is, ridiculous!" Zac exclaimed as they wandered the streets. "I've never seen anything like this!"

Zac could smell the seafood place before he saw it. The smell was strange, almost raw. And he saw it, a well-maintained seafood bar. Sporting a range of fresh meals that looked as if they'd just been caught.
"This place looks great, what do you recommend?" Zac asked Crim.
Last edited by Sterkistan on Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Servanity
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Servanity » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:54 am

Crim
Unassigned
Vale

As Crim and Zac made there way through all of the stands of happy and inviting vendors all showing there wares or treats. The smells were all amazing gently caressing the noses of the two as they walked. The seafood place came into view and Crim heard Zac mention how amazing everything was. It was obvious that where ever he came from that it was nothing like this. Crim began to wonder where he was from maybe he could ask him later. Then Crim noticed that he had been so deep in thought that he didn't notice Zac talking to him. He had asked what he would recommend. "Well as long as you are into sea food they have just about anything you could want here from shrimp to crab, to salmon. My personal favorite has got to be the crab." Crim said his mouth watering a little bit as he thought of the amazing crab meat that they served here. He was not really a big meat eater more of a fruit kind of guy but there was just something about there crab meat.

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:33 am

Servanity wrote:"Well as long as you are into sea food they have just about anything you could want here from shrimp to crab, to salmon. My personal favorite has got to be the crab."

Zac An
Unassigned
Vale

Zac nodded, "Might give the crab a try then."
He entered the store, placing Maxim down on one of the tables, and his other bag beside him on the ground. Before grabbing a menu and taking a seat.
"The crab sounded good, but there's so much more here that sounds equally as delicious."
He looked up from the menu and looked outside, the bustling street made his mind wander home to Vacuo, the small village he grew up in was always quiet. Nothing interesting ever happened there, and if it did, you didn't know.
Zac would spend hours sitting on the porch, watching the Huntsmen roll in with the sand, day after day. They came in tired, weary. Sometimes they'd go out and not come back, Zac's father went out every night with them. And although he came back equally as tired, Zac saw him as something more than the others, something special. He didn't quite know why.
Zac realized he was drifting and half-shook his head, taking his hat off and placing it on the table next to his gun.
"I'll pay, I have quite a bit of Lien for the trip so it's fine. Get whatever."

Servanity
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Servanity » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:58 am

Crim
Unassigned
Vale

Crim was shocked to hear Zac offer to pay for it. "Well thank you very much." As the waitress came around she was a strikingly beautiful blond standing at about 5'6 in height with a very kind smile and she asked what they wanted. " I will have the crab and water please." Crim said with a smile that he hoped would show off his handsome features. After he had ordered he removed Sanguine from his back and leaned it up against the wall beside there table. " So Zac where are you from? Is it different from Vale where you are from?"

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:07 am

Amphitheater

Once again, Pyrrha was shrouded in the smoke that had enveloped her before. Maybe he's gonna try and snatch away Akouo to render her completely defenseless, but she was now more prepared for that eventuality. However, she could hear a crescending series of footsteps coming close to her, paired with a loud battlecry that echoed across the arena. Realizing that Lucius was going to try and charge her like a raging bull, she lowered herself to the ground and held up her shield.

There were sparks grinding between her heels and the floor as she was pushed out of the haze. The force of his charge was a little more than she expected, but Pyrrha was able to hold it off. She then pushed Lucius back and went for another flurry of kicks before he could do anything. Then she leaped into the air and latched her thighs onto his head, immediately flipping over and throwing him to the ground.

Leif Spruce

He could feel something that was vibrating in his pocket. He pulled out what he thought was his Scroll and opened it up, only to find out he had actually pulled out Ashley's Scroll. There were too many notifications filling up the screen, something about certain individuals getting eliminated left and right. He slid his finger on one of the notifications and unlocked her Scroll. He was lucky she didn't have a password.

An app featureing a series of video feeds appeared, showing many of Hannah's clones from above trying to make their way through the forest. Some of them were already hit, while others were still on the hunt. But as he was viewing the footage, he could hear gunshots that were awfully close. Yelping, he quickly hid behind some trees before making a break for a bunch of shrubbery to his left. This was a risky move—he would probably get shot if they found out he was here. But dammit, it was a lot better than being found out!

Voice of the Sea

Jackson and Carmina had been enjoying the fight that had been going on so far, and they were also enjoying their lunches. Their hands were getting greasy from the food, especially Carmina's, but it was said that food tastes a lot better when they're all over your fingers. At least that was what Jackson had been told.

"Ho-ho!" a gleeful Port held the microphone close to his face. "Looks like Miss Nachtmann has chosen to go on the offensive!" This was paired with a shot of Mentari and Sorokina exchanging attacks on each other. Flashes came forth from Mentari's blades and briefly covered the screen.

Oobleck chimed in, "For those who don't know what's going on or are irritated by the lights, Miss Nachtmann is currently using her Semblance, and to great effect I might add. What she does is that she emits flashes of light to briefly blind her opponents—in this case Miss Filipov—and use that opportunity to deliver her attacks."

"Which Miss Filipov?" Port raised one of his horrendously thick caterpillar brows.

"Sorokina," Oobleck adjusted his glasses.

Carmina narrowed here eyes at the screen as footage of Mentari and Sorokina was displayed. That redhead seemed to look familiar ot her. It could be a hunch, but... "Say, ain't that one of Fabi's relatives or something?"

Jackson looked closely at the screen and shrugged, "I guess."

Coliseum
RSIA vs. CMCL

Sorokina couldn't see as much from the glare, and she could feel her body getting hit by some of Mentari's swings and thrusts, but she was able to hold her own. The glaring sun was the norm back in the deserts of Vacuo, the only thing that she could see whenever her father would take her and the boys for hunting. She did her best blocking her opponent with every flick that she could give, but there wre still some that were getting through.

Eventually her opponent was starting to get on her nerves. Sorokina then blocked Mentari's attack and deployed her Semblance again, once again shorting out one of her swords. The redhead smirked as she was thinking of giving her some useful advice, like letting go, but that would be too teasing of her.

Rusty was also holding out well form Lucas's constant pressure on him, but he realized that be was perhaps going to be cornered between him and a deep pool of water if he didn't do something. He pressed a button on his staff, and his bardiche split open, revealing a large gun barrel inside of it. From within fired bolts of energy that would probably give Lucas a scare—considering he'd probably be staring it down.

What Chess would see from above would be most of the playing field, with the sides all laid out. Lucas and Charlotte remained close to the central platform—the big guy quickly going back to fending off Rusty's attacks—while Mentari was tossing up some dirt with Sorokina in the desert half. He could also see some of the water in the swamp flow around what looked like two mud golems. The crowds were screaming louder than usual as their heads followed the cat faunus' ascent, as if he was going to do something that would be spectacular.

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:41 am

Amphitheatrum

Steel scutum clashes against bronze as Lucius Aurelius’ fierce charge hits home. The Latin has momentum, both from his armour’s weight and his velocity, and so he is able to push Pyrrha back even as she grinds her heels into the floor.

And, with her shield occupied blocking his own, his sword arm is unimpeded.

Once; twice; thrice Ultor stabs against Pyrrha’s Aura, each time flashing red as it wards off his blows. Each time this also adds to the Hellene’s backward momentum, allowing Lucius Aurelius to keep pushing her before him.

Rather wisely, Pyrrha doesn’t let this Aura-draining assault carry on for more than a few moments; instead she adds force to her shield pushing against his, stopping his charge and launching herself away before answering his flurry of swords with a flurry of feet. This he lets clang harmlessly against his shield. Then, without so much as a warning, she launches herself into the air and, before Lucius Aurelius can do anything to respond, clamps her greaves - the greaves that he had made invisible, at that - around…

His helm. His helm, which had been invisible (aside from the internal HUD) on his head from the beginning of the bout.

And thus, immediately after the airborne Pyrrha tugs Lucius Aurelius’ helmet from his head, he is totally free to twist and shield-bash her with all of his strength towards the far wall of the arena.
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:10 am

Servanity wrote:" So Zac where are you from? Is it different from Vale where you are from?"

Zac An
Unassigned
The Voice of the Sea
Vale

Zac ordered the crab as well, but a soda instead of water before leaning back in his chair.
"Vacuo actually, I'm here on an exchange program," he paused for a moment, "Different is an understatement honestly, it's just a desolate desert wasteland. The only things to do are either hunt Grimm, clean the sand from every nook and cranny, or sit around all day. The Government does nothing for us, because the people flat out rejected them. Shade Academy runs the place, keeping law and order. Badly to be honest, I've shot at more people there then Grimm," he numbered the list on his fingers, and pat Maxim.
"It got so bad there I had to build this," Zac paused for a moment as he pulled the helmet from his belt, placing it next to the, still-compact gun.
"Just meant I was getting shot in the head less. Also, intimidation is pretty easy when you've got light-up eyes and a full suit of armour. I couldn't bring the rest of the pieces though, my dad needed them for a project or something." As he spoke hi pressed something under the back of the helmet, and the eyes lit up an angry orange glow before he turned them off again.
"I just had to get away you know, Shade is great and all but I wanted to see trees, lakes, grass, the ocean you know."
Zac realized he was ranting, "Sorry, are you from Vale?"

Servanity
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Servanity » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:10 am

Crim
Unassigned
Vale

" Ah yea I have heard of Shade before always kinda wanted to check it out and I am from Vale spent most of my life in the forest, it was not until about a year ago that I came to the city, first time since i was very very young." Crim said. He began to think to himself. So he is from Shade, Crim had always wondered if there were different kind of beast out there than the ones he had seen growing up in the forest. Beast always intrigued him. Watching them act out there days, seeking out there weaknesses and the parts of there body least protected, vital points, ect.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:32 pm

Amphitheater

As she landed, she glanced at her opponent and saw that he was still on his feet. Aaaand that he had a devilish smirk across his face. Before Pyrrha could realize that she had only removed Lucius' helmet, she was bashed in the face by his shield, which sent her flying out to the barrier.

Not one to be caught off-guard that easily, she bent her legs and tried to absorb the barrier's impact. She then used the energy to dash right back at Lucius and try to press the initiative on her clearly more-equipped opponent—something which was going to be difficult without Milo in her hands. She threw her shield and bounced it off the walls at a certain angle, the final approach going for Lucius' head.

While this was happening, Pyrrha launched herself from the barrier at high speed, twisting her body and extending her right leg out to Lucius.

Voice of the Sea

Nearby the stand, there were two students that stood there panting. They had been going around the fairgrounds for over an hour now, distributing flyers for what appears to be a new attraction that just opened up. As the flyer said, it offered visitors a chance to go for a few rounds of paintball while also avoiding obstacles and booby traps. There were still a few more flyers in their hands, but they were confident that they would get some attention from what seemed to be a disinterested public that was focused on the tournament and lunch more than shooting people in the face with paint.

It didn't take long for them to catch their breath, and soon enough they were off advertising again. This time though, they chose to hand them to the Voice of the Sea customers. "Excuse me," they would say as they were about to hand the flyers. "Are you interested in Splatter?"

Most of them would refuse the offer, since the customers were in the middle of eating and they thought they were being a nuisance. However, one of them glanced at Albastru and extended her hand. "How about you?" she smiled and tried to give him the flyer. "Do you wanna try this out?"
Last edited by Stormwrath on Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:55 am

Amphitheatrum

That must have drained her Aura significantly - it may be on par with my own now… She still has her shield and my helm is gone, but I still have Ultor. Fate's scales tip in my favour!

Lucius Aurelius stands where he is. Without his helm, his ability to see invisible objects through their heat signatures is gone - and, to that end, he returns both Pyrrha’s legs, the helmet itself (on the floor close to the edge of the amphitheatri, naturally) to visibility, since he is gaining no advantage on expending energy on them for any longer, and Ultor too, just in case he ends up impaling himself - but he is still more than capable of seeing visible things.

A bronze-clad young woman flying directly towards him and her shield ricocheting off the wall on a similar collision course from the left are both most definitely visible.

He grins. And soon she will not even possess that. My favour indeed.

He takes two actions simultaneously: turning Pyrrha’s shield invisible and then, lest she still somehow manage to intercept it as she had undoubtedly planned, leaping forward, scutum raised to meet her kicking attack, to avoid it himself and prevent her from ever getting there.

And, as he’s doing that, he replaces Ultor in its scabbard.
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:34 pm

Stormwrath wrote:

Voice of the Sea

Nearby the stand, there were two students that stood there panting. They had been going around the fairgrounds for over an hour now, distributing flyers for what appears to be a new attraction that just opened up. As the flyer said, it offered visitors a chance to go for a few rounds of paintball while also avoiding obstacles and booby traps. There were still a few more flyers in their hands, but they were confident that they would get some attention from what seemed to be a disinterested public that was focused on the tournament and lunch more than shooting people in the face with paint.

It didn't take long for them to catch their breath, and soon enough they were off advertising again. This time though, they chose to hand them to the Voice of the Sea customers. "Excuse me," they would say as they were about to hand the flyers. "Are you interested in Splatter?"

Most of them would refuse the offer, since the customers were in the middle of eating and they thought they were being a nuisance. However, one of them glanced at Albastru and extended her hand. "How about you?" she smiled and tried to give him the flyer. "Do you wanna try this out?"

Albastru Nostradamus

He really didn't like being intervened when he was eating. Though to be honest, perhaps it was his own fault for eating. Damn it, now he's blaming the food! No one should blame the food! They are innocent little ones who sacrificed their lives for the humans. It went through his mind, all the time, over and over, and over. Until at least some other students approached him and offered a flyer. From a thorough looking, paintball of some kind, apparently. Sure, why not.

"Sure!" as he grabbed the flyer. "I love paintball! I think I haven't shoot one with real colors since...years ago, sadly," he cheerfully replied, ignoring some strange eyes that surrounded him. "Well...where do we start?"
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Sil Arion
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sil Arion » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:26 am

"This way, my lady," was the warm whisper in Elektra's ear as they wound their way through the crowded halls. She nodded into Kol's shoulder, nestling deeper into her lover's side as his arm encircled her waist; such a welcome warmth warding the slight cold of the Colosseum! Her dress offered little protection against the ambient chill - the price of style, no? Tenderly, she interwove a hand with his, the other settling over the two. Three times she squeezed. Three silent words.

I love you.

And I love you, came the reply in four.

She leaned on his shoulder as he matched her step; long, black-clad legs in time with pale skin and skirt, vivid shades of violet playing shadows in the afternoon light. It was wonderful while she watched, weaving through the masses. A bright, fast-paced beat of music in the background. The thousands of voices in conversation or cheering. Smells of freshly made food and summer air. Screens on the walls showing all the fights.

Almost ideal. If only their own would be now! How much longer must she wait?!

Something must've gave away that impatience as Elektra felt Kol's lips brush the crown of her head.

"Soon, my lady," he spoke softly with a teasing lilt as they stopped before the ready-room doors, "Only thirty-two minutes and twenty-seven seconds left until our time comes." Oh, just he wait! Two could play that game! And she still owed him for that comment this morning!

"But that's so far away!" she spuriously moaned, eyes rolling, "What am I supposed to do? Warm up for another half-hour? That's so boring!" Free hand drawing circles on her partner's shoulder, she turned up her head to meet his gaze. An apprehensive gaze. He was wary of what she'd say next. As he should be! And that only made it better! With a wicked gleam in her eyes and pursed lips, Elektra batted her lashes and breathed out lowly, "Maybe we could do something else?"

"Maybe we could do something else?"

Blink.

Pause.

Blink.

Kol smile ruefully, head slighty shaking as light laughter escaped his control. He had it coming, after all. Dear, oh dear. What was he to do in the face of such beautiful temptation?

Hm. Well. If he were a better man, then he'd deny. But he wasn't, was he? And he must obey her wishes, no matter what they be. So with one arm Kol entered the key-code, the door hissing open as he ushered her inside. And as the door closed on the darkened room, his hand now stroking her cheek, he leaned down in reply.

"As you wish, Miss Euterpe..."
Aiya! Elen síla lúmenn omentielvo! Call me Sil!

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:20 pm

Tehoronianhen
Mountains

Woohoohoohoo!

Tehoronianhen spreads his wings wide, letting the last of the thermals above the mountains carry him skywards, propelling him further into his own domain. A wide, honest smile spreads across his face.

He is not quite home; nonetheless, his skin thrums with the energy of flight.

He exults in the ecstasy.

God, I need to take these flights more often. It’s not that I have too much free time on my hands any more but even so…

Laughing out loud, Tehoronianhen tucks his wings and dives, accelerating to an exhilarating speed, then opens them a touch until he levels out, swooping down the very last of the mountain side and then over first a few sparse trees and then the canopies of the Emerald Forest. The air rushes over his clothes, his jacket rustling and flapping insofar as it can in the wind.

He spots a flash of black and white out of the corner of his eye. A smirk manifests itself on his face as he pulls his twin carbines from his belt and angles his wings, altering his path so that he is on a direct collision course with the Beowolf - a young one, by the look of it, lacking any sort of scarring or further growths out of the spikes across its body.

The length of its existence, it seems, is doomed to be a short one.

A shard of ice sprouts from the Grimm’s shoulder, half-embedded in the creature’s jet flesh; it yelps in pain, then growls and turns to try to identify the threat. It barely has time to notice the white and grey blur before another icicle bursts into the front of its closed maw.

Tehoronianhen just clips the shadowy smoke as he pulls up, slowing to glide above the canopy again.

Not that trying to dodge round the trees wouldn’t be fun… Gah, no. Can’t have a broken wing again. Why do you do this to me, Ozpin? He chuckles, shaking his head, then looks down to keep an eye out for more Grimm.

He fidgets.

Oh, go on then!

Laughing once more, Tehoronianhen plunges past the treetops and down into the forest, spiralling and darting amongst the bark and branches what the heck was that!?

The Faunus picks himself up the ground, staring down at his thigh. Agh! Oh, God, it’s not meant to be at that angle… He hisses, supporting himself on one hand and the leg that isn’t broken, then takes up half of Kigittik in his other, gaze casting about for what he crashed into.

But I didn't see anything…

North Arkana
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 16, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby North Arkana » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:58 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Tehoronianhen
Mountains

Woohoohoohoo!

Tehoronianhen spreads his wings wide, letting the last of the thermals above the mountains carry him skywards, propelling him further into his own domain. A wide, honest smile spreads across his face.

He is not quite home; nonetheless, his skin thrums with the energy of flight.

He exults in the ecstasy.

God, I need to take these flights more often. It’s not that I have too much free time on my hands any more but even so…

Laughing out loud, Tehoronianhen tucks his wings and dives, accelerating to an exhilarating speed, then opens them a touch until he levels out, swooping down the very last of the mountain side and then over first a few sparse trees and then the canopies of the Emerald Forest. The air rushes over his clothes, his jacket rustling and flapping insofar as it can in the wind.

He spots a flash of black and white out of the corner of his eye. A smirk manifests itself on his face as he pulls his twin carbines from his belt and angles his wings, altering his path so that he is on a direct collision course with the Beowolf - a young one, by the look of it, lacking any sort of scarring or further growths out of the spikes across its body.

The length of its existence, it seems, is doomed to be a short one.

A shard of ice sprouts from the Grimm’s shoulder, half-embedded in the creature’s jet flesh; it yelps in pain, then growls and turns to try to identify the threat. It barely has time to notice the white and grey blur before another icicle bursts into the front of its closed maw.

Tehoronianhen just clips the shadowy smoke as he pulls up, slowing to glide above the canopy again.

Not that trying to dodge round the trees wouldn’t be fun… Gah, no. Can’t have a broken wing again. Why do you do this to me, Ozpin? He chuckles, shaking his head, then looks down to keep an eye out for more Grimm.

He fidgets.

Oh, go on then!

Laughing once more, Tehoronianhen plunges past the treetops and down into the forest, spiralling and darting amongst the bark and branches what the heck was that!?

The Faunus picks himself up the ground, staring down at his thigh. Agh! Oh, God, it’s not meant to be at that angle… He hisses, supporting himself on one hand and the leg that isn’t broken, then takes up half of Kigittik in his other, gaze casting about for what he crashed into.

But I didn't see anything…

Reina de Mazelle

Fuck... that hurt...

The initial impact had caught the faunus off-guard, but she'd managed to at least use her semblance to soften the impact with the ground. Apparently whoever had crashed into her hadn't come off as well from the impact though, so Reina drops her semblance's concealing powers.

"And just who the hell are you?" she asks, one of her hands on one of her two weapons, currently holstered on the small of her back.
"I don't know everything, just the things I know"

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:48 pm

Amphitheater

Even though Lucius had managed to block Pyrrha's attack well—along with cloaking Akouo as it flew in mid-air—the now-invisible shield was still zipping towards his head. Fortunately, he had moved out of the way without even realizing it. Now, he had nothing to attack or defend with. Her sword and shield were nowhere to be seen, and her Aura seemed to be lowering ever faster. All odds pointed to a decisive win against the invincible girl.

However, she hadn't expended all of her tricks just yet. While the crimson-haired maiden was indeed proficient with her conduits, as she like to call them, she wasn't helpless without them. In fact, some say that this was where Pyrrha truly shone, for the true worth of a Hunter was often tested in the absence of his weaponry.

Still flying through the air, she narrowed her eyes as she prepared for contact with Lucius' scutum. Her heel clashed against the metal, and then she took a quick spin and extended her left leg to connect her blows. Out of sight, she opened up her palm and focused on her opponent. If Lucius was observant enough, he would be able to notice was that his shield was starting to pull to the side, as if it was being tugged in that direction by an invisible rope—just as Pyrrha's foot made contact with its edge. The scutum was flung out of Lucius' hands and landed towards the barriers—a long ways away from where they were standing.

Now things are going to get interesting. Let's see who's truly invincible...

Fairgrounds

Finally! Someone who was interest! This fellow seemed like he was familiar with it. The woman was delighted to hear Alba's enthusiasm. "Well then," she pointed her finger at the intersection behind her, "from here you should take a left and go straight to the end. There you'll come across our booth. We hope to see you there soon!"

Meanwhile, the other student went to other customers, particularly a certain pair who were sitting by the counter. The guy with the cowboy hat and the scraggly-looking Faunus right next to him looked like they could be good-enough players. Approaching Crim and Zac he handed out a flyer and said, "You two, are you both interested in Splatter? I promise you, it's gonna be fun."
Last edited by Stormwrath on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sindrya
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:43 am

Midday
Fairgrounds
Team STAR

Aka-Inu was pissed.

I know, I know, this is not something new.

But you couldn't have guessed what happened that made him especially easy to tick off on this fine day, brimming with the energy of festivity from Vytal Festival, could you?

"I know it's necessary and all, since we wouldn't be able to enter the tournament if we were found using contraband, even though they're just weapon parts, but still", the red-haired guitarist/rifleman of Team STAR fumed. "It's such a hassle to actually have to find and buy parts that could match their performance."

He threw his hands in exasperation. "And they didn't even come close!"

All the other members of the team just silently let him fume his anger away.

"Man, I guess that's to be expected from Military Grade parts."

Again, they just kept silent, only nodding to show their agreement.

"And besides, didn't we plan to open up a stand to sell our albums? You know, our special edition, signatured-by-yours-truly, STAR album?"

"We did," Shiro nodded.

Aka-Inu took a deep breath. "Then why the fuck," he spread his arms, and the camera panned out, revealing them tending to a stand. "Are we selling FUCKING YAKISOBA?!"

The stand consisted of a table with a stovetop, which had a griddle on top of it as a cooking surface. The table was decorated with a red cloth covering it on all sides, and a white banner hanging from two poles fixed to the table facing the front, displaying the word "Yakisoba" in a peculiar, Oriental-like writing style, letting would-be patrons knew what they were selling.

This was all Shiro's own genius idea. Two days before, an epiphany struck him. He suddenly asked his teammates to assemble all the cash they had, rented a stove, a griddle, and some kitchen utensils from the academy's cafeteria, used the wooden table and banner they (or at least, Aka-Inu) intentionally wanted to use as their album-selling stand, bought the required ingredients, and created a yakisoba stand. Currently, Shiro is wiping his hands clean as his cooking shift had ended, Kuro is manning the stand catering to the however many patrons they're having, Aka-Inu is sitting behind the booth waiting for his shift, and Reinard is, as always, constantly playing the role of the "odd man out", shouting to passers-by to "Come and have a taste of their yakisoba!". This isn't without reason, since only three of them could cook yakisoba, and Reinard sure as hell didn't know what a "yakisoba" is before they explained it to him a few days ago, even to the point of cooking him one and letting him having a taste. As Shiro stated it, his brother can make one helluva mean yakisoba, despite how he looked. Aka-Inu, however, even though he knew how to make one, wasn't as confident in it.

Though, they have yet to receive any complaints from costumers who ate the ones that the redhead made.

Let's get back to the conversation on hand, shall we?

Shiro heaved a sigh. "Well, I just think that we shouldn't be selling them until after we advanced to Round Two."

Aka-Inu gave him a look that says "Explain."

"Think about it like this. If we advanced to the second round, our popularity will rocket up, right? And if we ride that rocket by selling the album, the result will be more profitable instead of just selling them like usual.", the team leader elaborated.

"Aren't we popular enough, though?" Of course the redheaded egomaniac would say this. Of course.

"Well, what hurts from gaining more popularity?", Shiro answered. Thankfully, Aka-Inu seemed to accept this.

However, his expression turned sour again as he asked another question. "Still, why do we have to open up a yakisoba stand?"

Shiro sighed again. "Don't you know that girls are all over guys who can cook lately? Think about it. If your fans, and other people, saw you cooking, and you showed that you're good at cooking - and I know you are - to them, wouldn't you gather some more popularity?"

Aka-Inu's face lit up. "Understandable", he finally said.

A few minutes of silence followed, filled in only by Reinard's constant shouting, and the chatter from occasional patrons, and sometimes Kuro, too, when he have to join in the chatter. Then, that particular moment happened. Kuro called over for a change of shift.

Aka-Inu stepped up to the countertop with a renewed vigor. If by showing off his cooking skill he could become even more popular as a superstar, then Dust help him, he'd do it.
Call me Sin.
Self Entitled Wanderer of the Multiverse. Yep, that's me.
Also a Secret Praiser of Baeyonetta.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!
Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group
Current: Returned. Somewhat.
Praise The Lord. Moth Waifu is back! Part Three exists!
Sonitusia wrote:It's not cheating if it's family~

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:
*muffled drums and cymbals in the distance*

Who has to change the light bulbs in 221b?
Wattson.
I REVIVED THIS RP, IGOR! I REVIVED IT!

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:57 am

Stormwrath wrote:Fairgrounds

Finally! Someone who was interest! This fellow seemed like he was familiar with it. The woman was delighted to hear Alba's enthusiasm. "Well then," she pointed her finger at the intersection behind her, "from here you should take a left and go straight to the end. There you'll come across our booth. We hope to see you there soon!"

Meanwhile, the other student went to other customers, particularly a certain pair who were sitting by the counter. The guy with the cowboy hat and the scraggly-looking Faunus right next to him looked like they could be good-enough players. Approaching Crim and Zac he handed out a flyer and said, "You two, are you both interested in Splatter? I promise you, it's gonna be fun."

Albastru Nostradamus

"I believe that will be the fastest route," he nodded along the way. That intersection, left, and straight. Sounds easy on paper, hopefully he would be able to reach that. He made his way through the intersections, but considering how many left and straight...it took him quite some time until he looked on and saw a booth.

"Hi there," as he approached the booth. "This is paintball booth, yes?"
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:05 pm

Tehoronianhen
Outer Emerald Forest

Tehoronianhen spins and levels the held carbine, instincts driving his motion, towards the noise - and then cries out, face scrunching up at the pain that shoots through his thigh when he does so. When, after what is in reality a half-second but feels so, so much longer - Really, really shouldn’t fly with my Aura down - he musters the will to look up, however, that expression quickly shifts to one of shock and bewilderment.

What is she…

He lowers Kigittik slightly. “Reina? What on Remnant are you doing here?”
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North Arkana
Powerbroker

Democratic Socialists

Postby North Arkana » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:58 pm

Outer Emerald Forest

Tehoronianhen spins and levels the held carbine, instincts driving his motion, towards the noise - and then cries out, face scrunching up at the pain that shoots through his thigh when he does so. When, after what is in reality a half-second but feels so, so much longer - Really, really shouldn’t fly with my Aura down - he musters the will to look up, however, that expression quickly shifts to one of shock and bewilderment.

What is she…

He lowers Kigittik slightly. “Reina? What on Remnant are you doing here?”

Reina de Mazelle

"What, a girl can't take some time off from work to spend some time doing Huntress-like things? In case you forgot, I barely had more than a year away from this academy before I got called back for a teaching position. No idea why. I'm sure there are others better suited for the role." She keeps her hand on one of her weapons as she talks. "Not like I get much in the way of perks. I apparently don't rate very highly for being let in on whatever the other teachers get up to."

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:15 pm

Lucius Aurelius Firmus
Amphitheatrum

As Pyrrha’s flying kick connects with his scutum and his opponent launches into her spin, Lucius Aurelius draws Ultor - still in its sword form and still invisible. His original thinking is to play a few mind games with Pyrrha - turn one of the spiked heads on his balteum transparent and motion as if he were connecting the central rod of Ultor to it, tricking her into thinking that the weapon is in flail form and catching her off guard.

Then Pyrrha’s second kick, this one with the left foot, connects with the edge of his scuti and Lucius Aurelius’ mind moves as light.

Knocked out of my hand - that force is far greater than anything that her foot could have generated on its own, it’s too heavy even with the Dust forging - must be either direct Aura projection or Semblance use and I saw no crimson glow - this has to confirm my theory -

Need to rethink tactics - defensive approach less optimal now, though pressing attack may leave me vulnerable -

Her back is exposed, use it, USE IT!

As Pyrrha’s spin brings her back to face Lucius Aurelius once more, the gladius is brought diagonally down to the left against her Aura and then back across in a pair of rapid cuts. That knocks Pyrrha away a little and gives her Latin foe a microsecond of breathing room.

His Aura is weak, that much is certain. Even without the mechanical precision of his Scroll’s readout in his helmet’s HUD to help him, Lucius Aurelius has spent long enough manipulating and channelling Theia’s power for him to know this instinctively, the feeling of security and protection against the outside world that accompanies it almost gone. The only comfort is that Pyrrha’s Aura is undoubtedly similarly depleted. I may have somewhat more than her now but the next one, two, three blows will decide the match, that is beyond doubt.

An arrogant grin spreads across his face. Well, for the graecae, at least.

He pays no heed to his shield skittering across the floor to his left. Instead, his left forearm held up in front of his face and lightless blade raised and drawn back to thrust with his other, he charges.

Tehoronianhen
Outer Emerald Forest

Tehoronianhen blinks. Then he begins to chuckle. “Well, you’ve certainly not changed. It’s good to see you again, Reina.” He thinks to himself for a moment, then nods as if confirming something to himself. “This bone needs slotting back into place and then kept still for a while while I heal the damage. I’m going to need to rest up for the night - and I’m not getting back to Beacon given the distance. It’s a lot to ask; still, if you can set up a camp and stay here to keep any stray Grimm off our backs, I’ll fill you in on what’s been going on.” His face rearranges itself to form a questioning expression, though his grin remains. “You up for a bit of unplanned camping out?”
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 7 times in total.

North Arkana
Powerbroker

Democratic Socialists

Postby North Arkana » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:46 pm

Outer Emerald Forest

Tehoronianhen blinks. Then he begins to chuckle. “Well, you’ve certainly not changed. It’s good to see you again, Reina.” He thinks to himself for a moment, then nods as if confirming something to himself. “This bone needs slotting back into place and then kept still for a while while I heal the damage. I’m going to need to rest up for the night - and I’m not getting back to Beacon given the distance. It’s a lot to ask; still, if you can set up a camp and stay here to keep any stray Grimm off our backs, I’ll fill you in on what’s been going on.” His face rearranges itself to form a questioning expression, though his grin remains. “You up for a bit of unplanned camping out?”

Reina de Mazelle

The faunus stares at her sole companion within the forest unblinkingly for several seconds.

"You aren't a student, so I really have no obligation to help you. At all. So this is going to cost you. A lot. That being said I'm not set for any kind of camping, so you're on your own for making yourself comfortable."

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Tehoronianhen
Outer Emerald Forest

Tehoronianhen chuckles. “Don’t worry, I’ve had worse places to bed down.” He looks at her with a genuine smile on his face, now. “And thanks, Reina. I mean that.”

He looks down at his broken leg again, wincing as he does so. Thank God I took field medicine… His Aura, now reactivated, has already staunched the bleeding but certainly won’t automatically realign the bone. That he must do himself - and it will take care. Damn their brittleness. I do love my wings but even so…

Tehoronianhen reaches into his jacket pocket, pulling out a bottle of painkillers in pill form, then unscrews it and takes one. Replacing the bottle, he takes a clip of ammunition from his belt and, removing a bullet, first triggers the kinetic Dust, letting the energy dissipate harmlessly into the air around him, and then the ice Dust to form a small slab of ice that he applies to his leg.

Now comes the waiting. “Hey, Reina, could you find some solid, fairly straight branches for a splint? I don't exactly want this breaking again...”
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse