NATION

PASSWORD

A New Creation (OOC/CLOSED/God-RP)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

A New Creation (OOC/CLOSED/God-RP)

Postby Terminus Alpha » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:13 pm

Once, there was only darkness. Nothingness reigned. Creation was not yet ready, it's essence was still frozen, stopped where it was when the last Creation ended, when the last Pantheon ended. This dark essence was only broken by small motes of light, the seeds of what was to come. These seeds were the last hope for Creation, the remnants of the last Pantheon - the souls of the Gods themselves.

Now, light flowed into Creation. Nothingness was beat back once again. The essence of Creation liquefied, turning from frozen and void of color into a flowing sea of grey. The motes - the Souls of the very Gods themselves - grew from the essence and all knew that the new Pantheon must be born. Creation continued in the background of their growth. The majority of the Essence turned solid black once again, unused and unneeded - for now. Some continued to flow, remaining liquid and flowing slowly. Yet more birthed souls, changing from grey to gold. These souls took to the Gods, asking for bodies, promising themselves to the Gods in exchange.

Now, Creation once again fell dark, as the Gods argued and jostled for positions. This continued until the Souls rose, demanding their promised bodies, and the Gods saw to making the Followers world. Plants and water grew from Essence. Black ground was replaced with brown Earth or yellow Sand. The Gods made their followers bodies, and placed them in the world. The followers made totems to their chosen God, and the totems gave the Gods power. Now the Gods take their struggles to the Mortal realm seeking to control the Mortals and become the One True God.

Rules
  • 1. Stay within your powers. If you are the God of Earth, you can't make oceans.
  • 2. Gods can't be killed, but they can be kicked from the Pantheon, which strips them of a lot of power.
  • 3. Mortals are the key to power. More followers = more power. This will be determined by me, the OP, every page or so.
  • 4. You can be God of only two areas. And they can't be contradictory.

The Pantheon
  • Chief God: Caelum
  • Secondary Gods: Vardaelia, Sapphire, Tengeryel, O'lim, Syeli, Lodav, Un, Ashur
  • Tertiary Gods: Nul the Artificer, Stana, Hahvulon, Dyrraeon the Unstable, Selena, The Scarlet King, Brynja, Kundros, Errily Dovas,
  • Gods not in the Pantheon:

Accepted Gods

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam - O'lim, God of Death, Destruction and War
Nulvelith - Nul the Artificer, God of Clockwork Forging and Alchemy
Asterdan - Hahvulon, God of Fear and Nightmares
Utceforp - Un, God of Knowledge and Civilization
Republic of Robots - Sapphire, God of Water and Wealth, "God of Prosperity"
Palonitr and Howland - Dyrraeon the Unstable, God of Insanity and Sexual Deviance
The Seven Archangels - Caelum, God of the Sun and Storms(Weather)
The Burning Sun - Selena, the Shadow of the Moon, Goddess of Arts and the Night
Aden Protectorate - Tengeryel, God of the Sky
Paketo - Stana, God of the Family and Hearth
Lunas Legion - Syeli, Goddess of Space and Time
The Starlight - Vardaelia, Goddess of Nature and Earth
Kaoiluja - Lodav, God of Justice and War
Prusslandia - The Scarlet King, God of Fear/Terror, and Entropy/Decay
Breitenfeld-Sibbesborg - Brynja, Goddess of Love and Beauty
Nytavuthar - Kundros, God of Jealousy and Reconstruction
New Lavan - Errily Dovas, God of the Stars and Travelers

God Application
Delete everything in parentheses.
Code: Select all
[i][b]God's Name:[/b][/i]
[b][i]God's Powers:[/i][/b] (These are the areas your God controls.)
[i][b]God's Divine Form:[/b][/i] (What your God looks like to other Gods.)
[b][i]God's Mortal Form:[/i][/b] (What your God looks like to Mortals.)
[i][b]God's Bio:[/b][/i] (What happened between your God forming and now?)

[i]RP Sample:[/i] (A good example of your RP skill.)

IC
Last edited by Terminus Alpha on Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 8 times in total.
RP Interests: Alt-Hist, Space, 20th Century onward.
In the process of becoming a History teacher.
Center-Left-Libertarian | "Dirty filthy hippie"
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:26 pm

Tag, hopefully more people join. I'll reserve the domains of Nature and Earth.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam
Senator

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:28 pm

Gods
Main: Caleum(Sun/weather)

More To Be Added
Last edited by In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam on Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:29 pm

The Starlight wrote:Tag, hopefully more people join. I'll reserve the domains of Nature and Earth.

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:I shall reserve death and nihilism

Alright, reservations noted.
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:35 pm

Ooh, interesting. I need to think of a few domains to reserve. Light and Fire, perhaps.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:38 pm

God's Name: O'lim
God's Powers: Death, Destruction, and war (not completely so there can be another war god).
God's Divine Form: A blackness so black that looking into it seems like there never was any light, or color
God's Mortal Form: A old man, holding a scythe. Eyes like his godly form
God's Bio: O'lim existed when the first star died, and has lived from that, going around and gathering dead peoples souls, and spreading nihilism. His life is boring, ya know because he is nihilism. So people worship him pretty heavily, because he choses where you go.

RP Sample: (A good example of your RP skill.)
Last edited by In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam on Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:44 pm

i also call life and whatever is the opisate of nihilism.
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:46 pm

Question: could we create our own races? Such as our own follower races?
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:47 pm

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:i also call life and whatever is the opisate of nihilism.

Aw, dammit, I was just about to edit to Fire and Life.
Above even The Boss

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:47 pm

Illan wrote:Question: could we create our own races? Such as our own follower races?

Yes.

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:i also call life and whatever is the opisate of nihilism.

Against the rules. Denied.
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:50 pm

Terminus Alpha wrote:
Illan wrote:Question: could we create our own races? Such as our own follower races?

Yes.

So, could I reserve Fire and Life or not?
Above even The Boss

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:03 pm

Making server races....
Come to me HP Lovecraft. I need thy races
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:08 pm

Illan wrote:
Terminus Alpha wrote:Yes.

So, could I reserve Fire and Life or not?

Yes.
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:21 pm

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:Making server races....
Come to me HP Lovecraft. I need thy races

Dibs on super cool dragon people! And dragons!
Above even The Boss

Nulvelith
Minister

Founded: Jan 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nulvelith » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:22 pm

God's Name: Nul the Artificer
God's Powers: forging artifacts and weapons of a clockwork/gear nature (crafting various geared constructs, most notably being pocket-watches that tick away one's life, stopping when the person's life stops) ; alchemy
God's Divine Form: takes the form of a titan-sized Marilith demon, made entirely out of jeweled gears, lubricated with caustic black oils.
God's Mortal Form: tends to appear as a child in its early teenaged years wearing baggy pants, a turtleneck, sandals, and wielding a pair of hammers suitable for forging and battle. It is a male form, but a rather effeminate one, which leads to gender confusion at times.
God's Bio: Nul came into existance as mortals grew sentient and discovered "creative engineering". The act of creating things with purpose, as opposed to art which simply existed to be there, is the foundation of Nul's awakening as a deity. As a deity, he is frequently underestimated due to his disdain for using magic (the "cheating arts").
Due to the general condescending attitudes of other deities, Nul has come to hold himself distanced from other deities. He rarely ever acknowledges the presence of other deities, and often feigns being a mortal himself. Rather than play into the political bickering of his elder siblings, Nul takes a more active part in the mortal realms, lending a subtle helping hand in the forges of inventors and weaponsmiths and engineers. Come times of war, Nul nearly always takes the side of the oppressed, but rather than granting divine blessings, he helps them forge the tools they need to mold their own futures. On the other hand, Nul does grant his blessings to creations he takes a liking to, which has helped populate the world with numerous legendary artifacts and weapons.
Nul has only ever once been actively involved in a war, during a relatively recent crusade that killed a few of his favorite, most gifted artisans. In a rage, he took to his divine form and rampaged, letting loose an army of clockwork soldiers possessed by the souls of his followers. Neither alive nor dead, these living machines simply kept on killing for near a thousand days, until Nul calmed down and entombed them in coffins of black steel, which he then scattered and hid.
After that incident, Nul once again hid himself amongst mortals. While he can be technically classified as chaotic-neutral, there are many who see him as a dark god of war and war machines. This has given rise to numerous cults, and especially the devotion of assassins who use unusual contraptions in their business.

RP Sample: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=323124
(using that one because it's recent, and the only other good current examples I have are from Eordae, which I don't think really qualifies.)
Last edited by Nulvelith on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be silent. Be not still.

Aden Protectorate
Senator

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aden Protectorate » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:23 pm

Tag. Interested.

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:35 pm

Nulvelith wrote:God's Name: Nul the Artificer
God's Powers: forging artifacts and weapons of a clockwork/gear nature (crafting various geared constructs, most notably being pocket-watches that tick away one's life, stopping when the person's life stops) ; alchemy
God's Divine Form: takes the form of a titan-sized Marilith demon, made entirely out of jeweled gears, lubricated with caustic black oils.
God's Mortal Form: tends to appear as a child in its early teenaged years wearing baggy pants, a turtleneck, sandals, and wielding a pair of hammers suitable for forging and battle. It is a male form, but a rather effeminate one, which leads to gender confusion at times.
God's Bio: Nul came into existance as mortals grew sentient and discovered "creative engineering". The act of creating things with purpose, as opposed to art which simply existed to be there, is the foundation of Nul's awakening as a deity. As a deity, he is frequently underestimated due to his disdain for using magic (the "cheating arts").
Due to the general condescending attitudes of other deities, Nul has come to hold himself distanced from other deities. He rarely ever acknowledges the presence of other deities, and often feigns being a mortal himself. Rather than play into the political bickering of his elder siblings, Nul takes a more active part in the mortal realms, lending a subtle helping hand in the forges of inventors and weaponsmiths and engineers. Come times of war, Nul nearly always takes the side of the oppressed, but rather than granting divine blessings, he helps them forge the tools they need to mold their own futures. On the other hand, Nul does grant his blessings to creations he takes a liking to, which has helped populate the world with numerous legendary artifacts and weapons.
Nul has only ever once been actively involved in a war, during a relatively recent crusade that killed a few of his favorite, most gifted artisans. In a rage, he took to his divine form and rampaged, letting loose an army of clockwork soldiers possessed by the souls of his followers. Neither alive nor dead, these living machines simply kept on killing for near a thousand days, until Nul calmed down and entombed them in coffins of black steel, which he then scattered and hid.
After that incident, Nul once again hid himself amongst mortals. While he can be technically classified as chaotic-neutral, there are many who see him as a dark god of war and war machines. This has given rise to numerous cults, and especially the devotion of assassins who use unusual contraptions in their business.

(using that one because it's recent, and the only other good current examples I have are from Eordae, which I don't think really qualifies.)

So, you are the god of Machines and Alchemy?

If so, Accepted.
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Asterdan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:40 pm

This seems familiar...

God's Name: Hahvulon
God's Powers: Fear and Nightmares
God's Divine Form:

God's Mortal Form:

God's Bio: After creation, Hahvulon went about the universe spreading fear. His influence didn't grow until the Gods created mortals. Hahvulon decided he would create his own mortals, beings of pure fear, to help him harvest fear throughout the world. Also, his Unholy Color is Yellow and his Symbol of Fear is:

RP Sample: The Nightblade Chronicles
You can call me Aster. Yes, I did revive this nation... Again...

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

Nulvelith
Minister

Founded: Jan 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nulvelith » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:42 pm

Terminus Alpha wrote:
Nulvelith wrote:God's Name: Nul the Artificer

So, you are the god of Machines and Alchemy?

If so, Accepted.

sweet deal.

so, for races, i call dibs on gnomes (for their mechanical inclinations) and lamia/mariliths given Nul's divine form.
Be silent. Be not still.

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:43 pm

Asterdan wrote:This seems familiar...

God's Divine Form:

God's Mortal Form:

God's Bio: After creation, Hahvulon went about the universe spreading fear. His influence didn't grow until the Gods created mortals. Hahvulon decided he would create his own mortals, beings of pure fear, to help him harvest fear throughout the world. Also, his Unholy Color is Yellow and his Symbol of Fear is:

Accepted.
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Asterdan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:44 pm

Terminus Alpha wrote:
Asterdan wrote:This seems familiar...

God's Divine Form:

God's Mortal Form:

Accepted.

Awesome, can I have Vampires for my race?
You can call me Aster. Yes, I did revive this nation... Again...

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:44 pm

Asterdan wrote:
Terminus Alpha wrote:
Accepted.

Awesome, can I have Vampires for my race?

Sure.
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

The Seven Archangels
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Seven Archangels » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:44 pm

Out of curiosity, what would your ruling be on more abstract or vague concepts such as guardianship or protection, joy, fertility, or things of that nature that strictly deal with interacting with other living beings, including another god's followers?

You don't have any rules in place to explain what limits or defines what a god can do in interacting with another group of followers.

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:46 pm

The Seven Archangels wrote:Out of curiosity, what would your ruling be on more abstract or vague concepts such as guardianship or protection, joy, fertility, or things of that nature that strictly deal with interacting with other living beings, including another god's followers?

You don't have any rules in place to explain what limits or defines what a god can do in interacting with another group of followers.

Those would be fine. The aim for most gods would to be the Chief God, and that involves a lot of screwing around with other's followers.
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Hate Full Chess
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hate Full Chess » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:55 pm

God's Name: Deceivo
God's Powers: Tricks stealth.
God's Devine Form: A small child with blue searching eyes that gaze into the deapths of the soul.
God's Mortal Form: The same but always sporting a mischevous smile.
God's Bio: Chess was created when the first magician came to being. From that point on he always had a knack for winning games tricking people and stealing things. Most children have a gold coin on a thread around their necks. He also tries to be friends with everyone.
Last edited by Hate Full Chess on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Chess is a game of wits laughs and strategem. That is why I play it.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse