NATION

PASSWORD

It Came From P2TM/Hunter's lounge RP Group

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which RP genre, or a mix of thereof, would you like to see made?

Science fiction and similar variations of thereof/futuristic
21%
Horror
9%
Thriller
7%
Action
10%
Crime
9%
Adventure
12%
Mystery
5%
Fantasy
14%
Political
7%
Other
7%

Total votes : 58

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:41 am

Whittington wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:
So you will rush to them and swinging your swords?

Let's open another grave for you, in case you die. :p

+++++

Whit my Pyro buddy :p

Plus fire works on even the Alien and The Thing so yea, fire.
Last edited by Jessjohnesik on Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ಠ_ಠ Proud owner of the Mystery Genre RPer award 2014!!
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Galdius
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:43 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Galdius wrote:*Snip*

Almost as fast and stronger?

We're facing fleshgait, right?

Just to clarify, I'm not OPing this (Or at-least I don't think I am) I'm just providing my option on what our version of the fleshgait/skinwalker should be like. Ultimately its up to the OP what the monster is or what it isn't. But I cast my vote on flesh gaits and a few demons.

And yes, in the stories you can generally outrun them (Assuming you can get to a populated area) and I'm assuming they have to be fairly strong, considering that they attack when people are alone, so they must be able to over power them in some way.

Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Swords are my answer! To arms!

I hope someone is dumb enough brave enough to try and take these things on with a sword, Especially if its a katana or some sort of extremely exotic weapon, I've got an axe to grind with those types.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:47 am

Galdius wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

Just to clarify, I'm not OPing this (Or at-least I don't think I am) I'm just providing my option on what our version of the fleshgait/skinwalker should be like. Ultimately its up to the OP what the monster is or what it isn't. But I cast my vote on flesh gaits and a few demons.

And yes, in the stories you can generally outrun them (Assuming you can get to a populated area) and I'm assuming they have to be fairly strong, considering that they attack when people are alone, so they must be able to over power them in some way.

I hope someone is dumb enough brave enough to try and take these things on with a sword, Especially if its a katana or some sort of extremely exotic weapon, I've got an axe to grind with those types.

To be fair though, you came up with the idea of reviving it and doing all the new shit to it, sooooooo... Sounds like an OP to me

Although since you're probs going to start your shit about how you're a shitty OP, who is going to be the OP? I assumed either Whit or Whit and Gald.
Last edited by Jessjohnesik on Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:49 am

Galdius wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

Civilians can be overpowered easier than, say, soldiers or law enforcement. Not that every civilians, but some civilians.

Who owns sword at modern era, beside sword collectors, kendo practitioner (it's wooden sword, or bokken) and antique store owners?

Jessjohnesik wrote:
Galdius wrote:

To be fair though, you came up with the idea of reviving it and doing all the new shit to it, sooooooo... Sounds like an OP to me

Although since you're probs going to start your shit about how you're a shitty OP, who is going to be the OP? I assumed either Whit or Whit and Gald.

You're not going to assume I can OP this, right? If this happens?
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Galdius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:43 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Galdius wrote:

Civilians can be overpowered easier than, say, soldiers or law enforcement. Not that every civilians, but some civilians.

Who owns sword at modern era, beside sword collectors, kendo practitioner (it's wooden sword, or bokken) and antique store owners?

Jessjohnesik wrote:

You're not going to assume I can OP this, right? If this happens?

"Civilians can be overpowered easier than, say, soldiers or law enforcement. Not that every civilians, but some civilians."

I assume your talking about military training, martial arts or just plain strength and experience helping said people survive encounters? I wouldn't count on it, I'd say they would have to be stronger than most humans when they are in their natural form (undisguised and whatnot) and even if they could reasonably fight one off after being lured away, it'd be likely that it wouldn't be alone, especially if the original fleshgait attacker already has a human form.

And I don't want to OP this, I don't feel that I couldn't both reasonably keep up with the pace of an RP and maintain a consistent quality across the board. Plus, I don't enjoy fully running them, so its something that I'd prefer to stay clear of.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:19 am

So... skinwalker... are we going by t.v. reference (i.e. Supernatural), or grounded in Navajo mythology?

Mysticism is hard to put into words without making it so characters can (attempt to) defend themselves. And yes, I know not ALL chars will be well versed in myth/legends/ritual; some will die; some will follow along, yada yada, etc etc. But unquestionably so, a lot of chars will be going "I dunno what that is!" half the time before falling victim to a skinwalker. Not all defense is at the end of a gun or other modern tech, so again delving into mysticism is inevitable, as not all mysticism and beliefs necessarily mean it's effective also. I doubt anyone will take kindly to having Bob and Jane suddenly knowing rituals that can chase away a skinwalker simply because Bob's and Jane's controller/player/writer had to meta-game it by doing research to advance the story line, thus screwing with a promising horror RP.

Its easy to throw in the "offense" of the supernatural. Have werewolf, lets sic it to the group! Got a vampire around, this one won't sparkle! But how do we work the "defense" mechanic of the RP with regular characters that have no clue on the supernatural, even if its just for a good struggle/show against inevitable death?

Galdius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:30 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:So... skinwalker... are we going by t.v. reference (i.e. Supernatural), or grounded in Navajo mythology?

Mysticism is hard to put into words without making it so characters can (attempt to) defend themselves. And yes, I know not ALL chars will be well versed in myth/legends/ritual; some will die; some will follow along, yada yada, etc etc. But unquestionably so, a lot of chars will be going "I dunno what that is!" half the time before falling victim to a skinwalker. Not all defense is at the end of a gun or other modern tech, so again delving into mysticism is inevitable, as not all mysticism and beliefs necessarily mean it's effective also. I doubt anyone will take kindly to having Bob and Jane suddenly knowing rituals that can chase away a skinwalker simply because Bob's and Jane's controller/player/writer had to meta-game it by doing research to advance the story line, thus screwing with a promising horror RP.

Its easy to throw in the "offense" of the supernatural. Have werewolf, lets sic it to the group! Got a vampire around, this one won't sparkle! But how do we work the "defense" mechanic of the RP with regular characters that have no clue on the supernatural, even if its just for a good struggle/show against inevitable death?

This kind of skinwalker

In terms of the skinwalkers that I'd like to see used in the RP, there isn't any predetermined mysticism to them, so strictly speaking, they aren't technically "supernatural" and more "paranormal" unlike its similar counterpart, the goatman, nor is there any real folklore be contributed to it. most of its description is from "Eye witness accounts." because its rarely ever talked about. And most of the basic information surrounding it is well, basic, leaving it open for us to throw in our own weaknesses and whatnot. On the plus side we don't need to worry about metagame too much as there's so little information on it anyway.

I'd also like to see a demon too in the story somewhere.
Last edited by Galdius on Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ave Alea Necis

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:21 pm

Galdius wrote:This kind of skinwalker

In terms of the skinwalkers that I'd like to see used in the RP, there isn't any predetermined mysticism to them, so strictly speaking, they aren't technically "supernatural" and more "paranormal" unlike its similar counterpart, the goatman, nor is there any real folklore be contributed to it. most of its description is from "Eye witness accounts." because its rarely ever talked about. And most of the basic information surrounding it is well, basic, leaving it open for us to throw in our own weaknesses and whatnot. On the plus side we don't need to worry about metagame too much as there's so little information on it anyway.

Would you want the skinwalker (err, fleshgait) tied to the demon in some way or a completely independent entity acting on its own accord?

Both aspects are doable, skinwalker serving its demon master (enter lore or made up, doesn't matter) and likewise separate entities with the only real issue being to justify it being there (since the poor residents already have a fleshgait to deal with :P)

Galdius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:31 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Galdius wrote:This kind of skinwalker

Would you want the skinwalker (err, fleshgait) tied to the demon in some way or a completely independent entity acting on its own accord?

Both aspects are doable, skinwalker serving its demon master (enter lore or made up, doesn't matter) and likewise separate entities with the only real issue being to justify it being there (since the poor residents already have a fleshgait to deal with :P)

Well, not just one, hopefully several >:)

A demon getting control of one or several could explain why they're moving into the residential areas rather than sticking strictly to the Forrest.
Ave Alea Necis

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:24 pm

I'd definitely like some of the higher demons I planned for WLITD to be included, especially Figura at some point.

Basically, Figura is a non-mechanical version of this: http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--1nAjM10s--/18dxll5iyffqjjpg.jpg (instead of scissors and whatnot there are arthropod appendages and the head is human like, etc)
Last edited by Jessjohnesik on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Graph

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:24 pm

So.... I wasn't sure if anyone else was working on an outline of the horrawr RP, but I took a stab at it.

Its a rough draft and utterly crap. I don't see it being used whatsoever but I figured to incorporate some of the ideas that were put forth to see if we could all get a bigger picture of it.

So here its:
Welcome to the sublime neighborhood of Whittington Hills!

Situated as a modest private community, this is the premiere place to raise a family, grow old, and establish bonds that will last a lifetime! Whether large or small, generations of rich history is promised to those that call Whittington Hills their home! The community is surprisingly self-sufficient with a few hearty stores that are wholly private owned; a capable private security force that ensures the safety of the community and, less than five miles east, a successful mining ‘town’ [a WIP] has been established thus adding to the surplus of Whittington Hills’ modest treasury. Despite its relatively early history, there’s a historical society located in Whittington Hills, chronicling the history and story of the region that surrounds this quaint neighborhood and a small Town Center that handles the day to day affairs of Whittington Hills from public works and security, to community festivals and public offerings (classes, activities, etc). Indeed, there is no place that can match Whittington Hills and its promise of prosperity.

But nestled in this pseudo quaint town of cozy homes and warm hearts lies a dark secret kept quiet for an uncounted time. Quiet nights give way to the mechanization of something untouchable, but not the other way around as its schemes and influence slowly encroach upon this unsuspecting community. The forest that surrounds Whittington Hills holds a history few speak of let alone are aware, and the foundations of the houses of Whittington Hills are etched with more than its residents truly comprehend… or care to admit. Something stirs in the dead of night, its goals are tasked to its servants and sooner or later it will achieve what it set out for.

Can this town of honest men and women survive uncover the truth of Whittington Hills?

Can they survive?

Galdius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:17 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:So.... I wasn't sure if anyone else was working on an outline of the horrawr RP, but I took a stab at it.

Its a rough draft and utterly crap. I don't see it being used whatsoever but I figured to incorporate some of the ideas that were put forth to see if we could all get a bigger picture of it.

So here its:

Situated as a modest private community, this is the premiere place to raise a family, grow old, and establish bonds that will last a lifetime! Whether large or small, generations of rich history is promised to those that call Whittington Hills their home! The community is surprisingly self-sufficient with a few hearty stores that are wholly private owned; a capable private security force that ensures the safety of the community and, less than five miles east, a successful mining ‘town’ [a WIP] has been established thus adding to the surplus of Whittington Hills’ modest treasury. Despite its relatively early history, there’s a historical society located in Whittington Hills, chronicling the history and story of the region that surrounds this quaint neighborhood and a small Town Center that handles the day to day affairs of Whittington Hills from public works and security, to community festivals and public offerings (classes, activities, etc). Indeed, there is no place that can match Whittington Hills and its promise of prosperity.

But nestled in this pseudo quaint town of cozy homes and warm hearts lies a dark secret kept quiet for an uncounted time. Quiet nights give way to the mechanization of something untouchable, but not the other way around as its schemes and influence slowly encroach upon this unsuspecting community. The forest that surrounds Whittington Hills holds a history few speak of let alone are aware, and the foundations of the houses of Whittington Hills are etched with more than its residents truly comprehend… or care to admit. Something stirs in the dead of night, its goals are tasked to its servants and sooner or later it will achieve what it set out for.

Can this town of honest men and women survive uncover the truth of Whittington Hills?

Can they survive?

Looking good so far.

So is this happening then? If so, I might throw myself at the mining town and see what I can come up with.
Ave Alea Necis

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:44 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:So.... I wasn't sure if anyone else was working on an outline of the horrawr RP, but I took a stab at it.

So here its:

Can they survive?

I can't help but get the vibe that the first paragraphs are all part of a nicely put together brochure, but that the last few are the fine print at the bottom of the back page :p
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:33 pm

Lancearc wrote:I can't help but get the vibe that the first paragraphs are all part of a nicely put together brochure, but that the last few are the fine print at the bottom of the back page :p

lol oh good it works then :P

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:33 pm

So here its:

Can they survive?

Nice. :)
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Whittington
Senator

Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Whittington » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:43 am

Lancearc wrote:

So here its:

Can they survive?

I can't help but get the vibe that the first paragraphs are all part of a nicely put together brochure, but that the last few are the fine print at the bottom of the back page :p

YES. A THOUSAND TIMES YES.

When I first came up with the original Whittington Hills, I wrote the into liker a brochure too. It just felt right. Loved that you did that too.

I for one, would be totally ok being the OP for this. I have so much time on my hands that I'm either playing my PS4 or on the computer. However I would love some handy dandy co-ops of course.

Another thing......will this be a we-worked reboot of Whittington Hills?

Will this be called Whittington Hills? Or shall we come up with a new name entirely?
" People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf"

Pro-Gay Marriage, Pro-Gun, Pro-Freedom, Pro-Capitalism, Pro-Military, Pro Law Enforcement, Patriot. AMERICAN

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:49 am

Whittington wrote:

When I first came up with the original Whittington Hills, I wrote the into liker a brochure too. It just felt right. Loved that you did that too.

I for one, would be totally ok being the OP for this. I have so much time on my hands that I'm either playing my PS4 or on the computer. However I would love some handy dandy co-ops of course.

Will this be called Whittington Hills? Or shall we come up with a new name entirely?

Haha, glad the perception worked!

I don't know about the name, I just used it out of convenience, choose whatever you guys like -nodnod-. I won't mind helping out, but likely you'll need one other just in case.

Don't call it a reboot either, especially if we're including elements of What Lies in the Dark; this becomes a whole new thing heh.

-goes back to mini-world crafting thoughts/ideas-
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whittington
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Whittington » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:56 am

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Whittington wrote:

Haha, glad the perception worked!

I don't know about the name, I just used it out of convenience, choose whatever you guys like -nodnod-. I won't mind helping out, but likely you'll need one other just in case.

Don't call it a reboot either, especially if we're including elements of What Lies in the Dark; this becomes a whole new thing heh.

-goes back to mini-world crafting thoughts/ideas-

I say a new name then.

You're right, mixing Whitt with WLITD is a whole new monster :twisted:
" People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf"

Pro-Gay Marriage, Pro-Gun, Pro-Freedom, Pro-Capitalism, Pro-Military, Pro Law Enforcement, Patriot. AMERICAN

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:59 am

Hopefully the historical society and shops are an okay concept here; figured to give it more depth, especially for the historical society -nodnod-
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whittington
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Whittington » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:03 am

Mincaldenteans wrote:Hopefully the historical society and shops are an okay concept here; figured to give it more depth, especially for the historical society -nodnod-

I like the idea!!

Whittington Hills had it's one high end shopping center, organic market, all that good stuff. The Historical Society will really add to the story line. It can be their evil. demon, shape-shifting headquarters haha

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:05 am

Whittington wrote:
Mincaldenteans wrote:Hopefully the historical society and shops are an okay concept here; figured to give it more depth, especially for the historical society -nodnod-

I like the idea!!

Whittington Hills had it's one high end shopping center, organic market, all that good stuff. The Historical Society will really add to the story line. It can be their evil. demon, shape-shifting headquarters haha

Yep, or the library, or that well that no one ever goes to even if it looks pretty lol.

Yeah, I may have put a lot of thought into this than I initially started of haha. Even the private security force is hiding something, adding to the mystery :P

Nulvelith
Minister

Founded: Jan 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nulvelith » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:03 pm

so what's going on?

horror rp?

zombies?

......references to old rps i don't remember or wasn't a part of??????
Be silent. Be not still.

Galdius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:07 pm

Nulvelith wrote:so what's going on?

horror rp?

zombies?

Horror RP.

Skinwalkers (Fleshgaits) and a few demons. I think.

Remake/re imagining of a old RP called whittington hills, which was an insanely awesome concept but ever really took off due to bad RP imo pls no ban.
Ave Alea Necis

Nulvelith
Minister

Founded: Jan 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nulvelith » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:10 pm

Galdius wrote:
Nulvelith wrote:so what's going on?

horror rp?

zombies?

Horror RP.

Remake/re imagining of a old RP called whittington hills, which was an insanely awesome concept but ever really took off due to bad RP imo pls no ban.

interesting.... sounds familiar. whats the setting/etc?
Be silent. Be not still.

Galdius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:12 pm

Nulvelith wrote:
Galdius wrote:
Horror RP.

interesting.... sounds familiar. whats the setting/etc?

Gated community for the rich, with a dark secret

Man I used to make some real bad posts.
Ave Alea Necis

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse