NATION

PASSWORD

Powers of the World 2035 (OOC & Signups)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:29 pm

I am working on an extremely long post about the military in it's current state.
Last Edited By George S. Patton on December 21, 1945 edited 3 times in total

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Neutral: Democrats, UN, NATO
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form
Male, 18, Like a Hick, but also very Leftist
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
INTJ Personality "The Architect"
Deramen wrote:Cause if anything im a MOTHERFUCKING T-REX!

Creative Director for The Pub

The Klishi Islands
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Klishi Islands » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:30 pm

Bolovia wrote:May I reserve Russia?

Nation:
Example of one of your RP posts:

There's the app. Fill it out. Read the OP plz next time ;)
Economic Center-Left, Social Libertarian. Basically an ebul establishment neoliberal.
The political compass is no longer objective, so I've removed it from my sig. TG me for my specific positions.
"Bullshit is everywhere. There is very little that you will encounter in life that has not been, in some ways, infused with bullshit." ~ Jon Stewart

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when open. ~ Unknown

These quotes sum up how I feel about the political climate in America. Let's try to keep the debate healthy, open, and honest

The Klishi Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Klishi Islands » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:30 pm

Australian Antarctica wrote:I am working on an extremely long post about the military in it's current state.

Excellent! I look forward to reading it!
Economic Center-Left, Social Libertarian. Basically an ebul establishment neoliberal.
The political compass is no longer objective, so I've removed it from my sig. TG me for my specific positions.
"Bullshit is everywhere. There is very little that you will encounter in life that has not been, in some ways, infused with bullshit." ~ Jon Stewart

These quotes sum up how I feel about the political climate in America. Let's try to keep the debate healthy, open, and honest

Bolovia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolovia » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:33 pm

The Klishi Islands wrote:
Bolovia wrote:May I reserve Russia?

Nation:

My apologies, I was just excited Russia was open I'll get right to it thanks.

The Klishi Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Klishi Islands » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:34 pm

Bolovia wrote:
Nation:

My apologies, I was just excited Russia was open I'll get right to it thanks.

Not a problem. Look forward to seeing your eventual app!

Skappola
Minister

Founded: May 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skappola » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:51 pm

The Unites State-Of-Minds wrote:Yo Skappola/Klishi, could we possibly work out a general list of currencies and their relative value to one another? If for simplicity purposes we're just doing erything with usd then forget it, but iv been trying to work out transaction values between currencies.

Edit - Oops, looks like i screwed it up. Allow me to correct that.

Hm, that would be very useful. I could post it in one of my next News updates for everyone to see. Can you post your work? The problem is it depends on a lot of different factors, and we don't really know what the inflation rate for the various countries are.
Political Compass: Economic: 1.63 Social: -6.72
Political Ideology: Neoliberal Civil Libertarian
I Enjoy: Blues, Paradox Games and Sci-fi

Skappola
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skappola » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:52 pm

The Unites State-Of-Minds wrote:The onion has recently reported news that the Leader of the EU may in fact be a psychic, despite claims by government officials that Premier Hiss is, in fact, quite anti-hokum.

Jokes aside, That OOC post in the IC is giving me nightmares. I couldn't make it through my pre evening afternoon nap.

I'll have Skappola report it to moderation if possible, although I'm not sure if it's an actionable offense.

What was the comment about the only country claiming neutrality being Sweden? Is Switzerland not neutral enough for you?

It's been driving me crazy, too. I thought I was the only one. I'll see whether I can convince the mods to delete it.

The Unites State-Of-Minds
Ambassador

Founded: May 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unites State-Of-Minds » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:59 pm

Skappola wrote:
The Unites State-Of-Minds wrote:Yo Skappola/Klishi, could we possibly work out a general list of currencies and their relative value to one another? If for simplicity purposes we're just doing erything with usd then forget it, but iv been trying to work out transaction values between currencies.

Edit - Oops, looks like i screwed it up. Allow me to correct that.

Hm, that would be very useful. I could post it in one of my next News updates for everyone to see. Can you post your work? The problem is it depends on a lot of different factors, and we don't really know what the inflation rate for the various countries are.

It depends primarily on how each economy would be compared. Today major currencies would be the United States Dollar, Euro, Japanese Yen and British Pound. I would presume the pound to be all but gone, and replaced with the Chinese Yuan. I consider the Ruble unimportant, as its value would still be low, but as a the main currency of a major player it may be important to list.

Current day puts one Euro at 1.16 USD, but with such a crash i would guess the Euro to maybe be valued at .7-.75 USD, or less if the dollar value is up. The Yuan would probably be valued somewhat lowly compared to the dollar and Euro due to inflation, but at the same time would only be of value within china. somewhere around the same as it is now at 1 Yuan to .16 USD. Yen, assuming it as the Pacific Alliances currency, would probably be high at 1 yen equaling .0013 USD.

The Klishi Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Klishi Islands » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:00 pm

Skappola wrote:
I'll have Skappola report it to moderation if possible, although I'm not sure if it's an actionable offense.

What was the comment about the only country claiming neutrality being Sweden? Is Switzerland not neutral enough for you?

It's been driving me crazy, too. I thought I was the only one. I'll see whether I can convince the mods to delete it.

Yay! We're all being OCD about an electronic communication!

The Klishi Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Klishi Islands » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:01 pm

The Unites State-Of-Minds wrote:
Skappola wrote:Hm, that would be very useful. I could post it in one of my next News updates for everyone to see. Can you post your work? The problem is it depends on a lot of different factors, and we don't really know what the inflation rate for the various countries are.

It depends primarily on how each economy would be compared. Today major currencies would be the United States Dollar, Euro, Japanese Yen and British Pound. I would presume the pound to be all but gone, and replaced with the Chinese Yuan. I consider the Ruble unimportant, as its value would still be low, but as a the main currency of a major player it may be important to list.

Current day puts one Euro at 1.16 USD, but with such a crash i would guess the Euro to maybe be valued at .7-.75 USD, or less if the dollar value is up. The Yuan would probably be valued somewhat lowly compared to the dollar and Euro due to inflation, but at the same time would only be of value within china. somewhere around the same as it is now at 1 Yuan to .16 USD. Yen, assuming it as the Pacific Alliances currency, would probably be high at 1 yen equaling .0013 USD.

Can you answer the question about neutrality? Skappola quoted it a minute ago.

Skappola
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skappola » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:12 pm

The Unites State-Of-Minds wrote:
Skappola wrote:Hm, that would be very useful. I could post it in one of my next News updates for everyone to see. Can you post your work? The problem is it depends on a lot of different factors, and we don't really know what the inflation rate for the various countries are.

Considering the current state of the currencies, this is all realistic. I'm not sure what the Sunni Brotherhood's currency would be like, but due to the large reserves of oil I would think it would be a rather strong currency. On the other hand, a large part of the nation's poverty could pull it down to the point where major currency printing would be needed, causing inflation. However, I think the oil would keep the currency propped up.

Bolovia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolovia » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:43 pm

Capitol: Mascow
Leader: President Vladimir Zhakaev
Description of Government: The CIS is heavily centralized, under the leadership of the autocratic Zhakaev. The Kremlin is the seat of power acting as the Congress which is a unicameral legislature, split between 3 parties, the Liberals, the Conservatives, and the Ultra-Nationalists which is the largest party and state sponsored party that was created by Zhakaev himself. The Congressmen and Women are elected from each of their districts for a total of 5 years, the president constitutionally and traditionally is allowed only a 5 year term and can be relected up to 2 times however Zhakaev is currently amending the constitution to extend his term. The States in the Commonwealths elect their representatives in state legislatures and their own Governor-Generals. However in the end Zhakaev has the final say on every matter that concerns the CIS no matter how small. The Department of Defense and Department of the Interior are also housed on the Kremlin, this building acts as stated before the central seat of power.
Population: 285,000,000
Foreign Policy: Since the "Winter War" Russia has had non-existent relations with the Scandinavians and chilly relations with the USNA and the EU. The humiliation of ceding St.Petersburg still shocks the nation and harbors growing resentment and hatred from the Commomwealth each day. The CIS-Scandinavian border is the worlds most heavily fortified border and has nearly 1,000,000 soldiers stationed on it from the CIS alone. Relations with the Sunni Brotherhood, Iran, and the South American Federation are kept relatively warm. The CIS intends to patch things up with China as it is viewed as a potential ally to counter the influence of the US.
Civil Freedoms (/10): 6
Political Freedoms (/10):5
Description of Economy: The CIS stills controls a very large manufacturing sector and holds one of the worlds largest oil and natural gas reserves. Under the guidance of Zhakaev the economy nearly tripled since the Winter War and the GDP continues to grow. The economy is guided under the system of State Capitalism as the it still holds values of laissez faire but still produces for the state if needed. Many CIS corporations can be seen throughout the world and are even allowed to operate in the Scandinavia, some of its most prominent and consumer favorites is the coffee chain CoffeeRush. The CIS is still considered amongst the too ten economies of the world.
Description of Military: The CIS holds one of the largest militaries in the world and since the Wintee War has beefed up greatly under Zhakaev. The failure in the Winter War was attributed to the CIS's lack of mobilization and organization to move its massive forces to the front in time. The Military is divided up into 10 branches: the CIS Ground Forces, CIS Air Force, CIS Territorial Defense Force, CIS Navy, CIS Marines, CIS Special Force, CIS Strategic Rocket Force, CIS Republican Guard, CIS Presidential Guard, Commonwealth Guard. All branches are under the leadership of the Commander n'Chief and Department of Defense in the Kremlin. The Active Force: 2,500,000 Reseves: 1,500,000 Paramilitary: 800,000 Conscription is allowed if in only dire situations.
Tanks: 31,000
IFV's: 18,000
Artillery: 15,000
Self Propelled: 9,000
Rocket artillery: 4,500
SAM systems: 6,000
Naval Ships:
Supercarriers: 3
Conventional: 4
Helicopter Carriers: 6
Destroyers: 145
Corvettes: 121
Submarines: 98
Missile Cruisers: 85
Minesweepers: 78
Gunboats: 110
Frigates: 96

Aircraft:3,456 n
Nuclear arsenal: 1,002
Immediate goal of the nation: Continue to expand military, stabilize economy from EU crash and recovery from Winter War, repair relations with PRC, build-up to retake Lost land, continue to centralize CIS.
Last edited by Bolovia on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Skappola
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skappola » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:52 pm

Bolovia wrote:Country: The Commonwealth of Independent States
Description of Government: The CIS is heavily centralized, under the leadership of the autocratic Zhakaev. The Kremlin is the seat of power acting as the Congress which is a unicameral legislature, split between 3 parties, the Liberals, the Conservatives, and the Ultra-Nationalists which is the largest party and state sponsored party that was created by Zhakaev himself. The Congressmen and Women are elected from each of their districts for a total of 5 years, the president constitutionally and traditionally is allowed only a 5 year term and can be relected up to 2 times however Zhakaev is currently amending the constitution to extend his term. The States in the Commonwealths elect their representatives in state legislatures and their own Governor-Generals. However in the end Zhakaev has the final say on every matter that concerns the CIS no matter how small. The Department of Defense and Department of the Interior are also housed on the Kremlin, this building acts as stated before the central seat of power.
Foreign Policy: Since the "Winter War" Russia has had non-existent relations with the Scandinavians and chilly relations with the USNA and the EU. The humiliation of ceding St.Petersburg still shocks the nation and harbors growing resentment and hatred from the Commomwealth each day. The CIS-Scandinavian border is the worlds most heavily fortified border and has nearly 1,000,000 soldiers stationed on it from the CIS alone. Relations with the Sunni Brotherhood, Iran, and the South American Federation are kept relatively warm. The CIS intends to patch things up with China as it is viewed as a potential ally to counter the influence of the US.
Description of Economy: The CIS stills controls a very large manufacturing sector and holds one of the worlds largest oil and natural gas reserves. Under the guidance of Zhakaev the economy nearly tripled since the Winter War and the GDP continues to grow. The economy is guided under the system of State Capitalism as the it still holds values of laissez faire but still produces for the state if needed. Many CIS corporations can be seen throughout the world and are even allowed to operate in the Scandinavia, some of its most prominent and consumer favorites is the coffee chain CoffeeRush. The CIS is still considered amongst the too ten economies of the world.
Description of Military: The CIS holds one of the largest militaries in the world and since the Wintee War has beefed up greatly under Zhakaev. The failure in the Winter War was attributed to the CIS's lack of mobilization and organization to move its massive forces to the front in time. The Military is divided up into 10 branches: the CIS Ground Forces, CIS Air Force, CIS Territorial Defense Force, CIS Navy, CIS Marines, CIS Special Force, CIS Strategic Rocket Force, CIS Republican Guard, CIS Presidential Guard, Commonwealth Guard. All branches are under the leadership of the Commander n'Chief and Department of Defense in the Kremlin. The Active Force: 4,500,000 Reseves: 6,500,000 Paramilitary: 2,000,000 Conscript : 4,000,000
Naval Ships:

Immediate goal of the nation: Continue to expand military, stabilize economy from EU crash and recovery from Winter War, repair relations with PRC, build-up to retake Lost land, continue to centralize CIS.

Everything is spectacular here, except for that military. It's is overwhelmingly large. Outside of a world war, the military is never going to be that big. Even in a world war it probably wouldn't be that big. Russia's current military power is 2.8 Million (0.8 million active and 2 million reserve) so try to scale it down to around that level. Fix that and it'll be accepted. For now, It's just reserved.

Also Note to The Klishi Islands: Despite Russia's current population being 150 Million and plateauing/declining, check Central Asia and the Caucasus's population and growth rate. It makes up for it big time. Taking into account the loss of St. Petersburg and gain of all the new territory, the pop is currently 230.6 Million with the population in these new regions quickly growing.
Last edited by Skappola on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Bolovia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolovia » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:58 pm

Capitol: Moscow
Population: 235,000,000
Description of Military: The CIS holds one of the largest militaries in the world and since the Wintee War has beefed up greatly under Zhakaev. The failure in the Winter War was attributed to the CIS's lack of mobilization and organization to move its massive forces to the front in time. The Military is divided up into 10 branches: the CIS Ground Forces, CIS Air Force, CIS Territorial Defense Force, CIS Navy, CIS Marines, CIS Special Force, CIS Strategic Rocket Force, CIS Republican Guard, CIS Presidential Guard, Commonwealth Guard. All branches are under the leadership of the Commander n'Chief and Department of Defense in the Kremlin. The Active Force: 2,500,000 Reseves: 1,500,000 Paramilitary: 800,000 Conscription is allowed if in only dire situations.
Naval Ships:
Destroyers: 35
Corvettes: 21
Submarines: 28
Missile Cruisers: 24
Minesweepers: 18
Gunboats: 30
Frigates: 26

Is this more logistically sound?
Last edited by Bolovia on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Skappola
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skappola » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:02 pm

Bolovia wrote:
Naval Ships:

Hmm, 4,800,000 troops. Let me compare this to the other apps.

Skappola
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skappola » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:04 pm

Skappola wrote:
Bolovia wrote:

Hmm, 4,800,000 troops. Let me compare this to the other apps.

Looking at China and the Pacific Alliance, I'll accept this. Just note that I might be adding a the occasional debuff to even out the odds between nations that should more or less be equal. Otherwise good app, so Accepted! I'm going to add this to the op now, so I don't forget it later.

The United Federations
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2013
Anarchy

Postby The United Federations » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:06 pm

Bolovia wrote:
Naval Ships:

The navy size is huge... 145 destroyers? The current Russian Navy only has around 6 guided missile destroyers today, and has an estimated total of 203 warships overall, with a compliment of 71 total submarines. You wouldn't logistically be able to place that many destroyers, corvettes, and frigates unless you legitimately controlled perhaps a third of the world's population and resources and held access to larger ports, assuming your navy is going to be held up by China, the Pacific Alliance, and the USNA in the Pacific, and the Scandinavians and the EU in the Northern Sea leading to the Atlantic and the Mediterranean.

The United Federations
Diplomat

Anarchy

Postby The United Federations » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:07 pm

Skappola wrote:
Skappola wrote:Hmm, 4,800,000 troops. Let me compare this to the other apps.

Looking at China and the Pacific Alliance, I'll accept this. Just note that I might be adding a the occasional debuff to even out the odds between nations that should more or less be equal. Otherwise good app, so Accepted! I'm going to add this to the op now, so I don't forget it later.

Look at those navy numbers though, how could they logistically support it? ESPECIALLY after the loss of St. Petersburg to the Scandinavians...
Last edited by The United Federations on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bolovia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolovia » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:07 pm

Skappola wrote:
Skappola wrote:Hmm, 4,800,000 troops. Let me compare this to the other apps.

Thank you, I'll post soon.

Skappola
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skappola » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:09 pm

Bolovia wrote:
Skappola wrote:Looking at China and the Pacific Alliance, I'll accept this. Just note that I might be adding a the occasional debuff to even out the odds between nations that should more or less be equal. Otherwise good app, so Accepted! I'm going to add this to the op now, so I don't forget it later.

Thank you, I'll post soon.

Taking note of the massive number of destroyers, I'm going to transfer a significant number into weaker types of ships while taking off a few. As it stands, it's not logistically or economically viable to hold that many destroyers.

EDIT: Russia currently only controls 4 destroyers whole, so I'm really going to have to cut it down.
Last edited by Skappola on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bolovia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolovia » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:12 pm

The United Federations wrote:
Skappola wrote:Looking at China and the Pacific Alliance, I'll accept this. Just note that I might be adding a the occasional debuff to even out the odds between nations that should more or less be equal. Otherwise good app, so Accepted! I'm going to add this to the op now, so I don't forget it later.

Look at those navy numbers though, how could they logistically support it? ESPECIALLY after the loss of St. Petersburg to the Scandinavians...

I knew that was going to be conflicting, how much leeway would you say I would have with the navy?

The United Federations
Diplomat

Anarchy

Postby The United Federations » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:15 pm

Bolovia wrote:
The United Federations wrote:Look at those navy numbers though, how could they logistically support it? ESPECIALLY after the loss of St. Petersburg to the Scandinavians...

I knew that was going to be conflicting, how much leeway would you say I would have with the navy?

Personally I'd think the majority of the forces are going to be deployed against the Scandinavian borders after all, but personally I'd estimate a war conflicted CIS to maintain slightly less than the current United States does, so somewhere in the ballpark 40-60 destroyers

Bolovia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolovia » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:15 pm

Bolovia wrote:
Naval Ships:
Destroyers: 35
Corvettes: 21
Submarines: 28
Missile Cruisers: 24
Minesweepers: 18
Gunboats: 30
Frigates: 26

Skappola
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skappola » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:17 pm

Bolovia wrote:
Bolovia wrote:

Much, Much better. Everything now seems sound. Note that I have to sign off on any plan to use nuclear weapons, and they have to be used pretty much as a last-resort.

Bolovia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bolovia » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:22 pm

The United Federations wrote:
Bolovia wrote:I knew that was going to be conflicting, how much leeway would you say I would have with the navy?

Personally I'd think the majority of the forces are going to be deployed against the Scandinavian borders after all, but personally I'd estimate a war conflicted CIS to maintain slightly less than the current United States does, so somewhere in the ballpark 40-60 destroyers

Oh in that case I should slightly adjust my Destroyer numbers to 45 perhaps.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse