NATION

PASSWORD

The Tolkien RP Group [P2TM RP Group]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which Tolkien RP would you like next? (UPDATED as of 2017)

First Age RP
16%
Second Age RP
11%
Third Age RP
30%
Fourth Age RP
21%
Alt-Hist RP
18%
More focused RP
4%
Other (Please post what)
2%

Total votes : 57

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:38 pm

Bearon wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Was. Until Disney got a hold, and declared the Extended Universe non-canon.

An act I will continue to disagree with until they create more fiction to fill the enormous gap.

I don't count that as actually happening. Disney can suck my dick.

Bea, I love you now.

Let's be bitter together.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:39 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:
Bearon wrote:I don't count that as actually happening. Disney can suck my dick.

Bea, I love you now.

Let's be bitter together.

Nothing to be bitter about it didn't actually happen. ;c;

#Delusional
Nothing to see here. Move along.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:43 pm

Bearon wrote:
The Starlight wrote:And I thought we were friends, Bearon....
>:(

I'm sorry but even though LotR is more detailed SW is more expansive. :K

You have read the Silmarillion, right? Sure, SW has planets, but where do you find something epic like this:

Or:

Or:

Where do find something so heartbreaking and encouraging when Sam says on the slopes of Mount Doom: "I can't carry it for you, but I CAN CARRY YOU! C'MON!" and he starts walking with Frodo on his shoulders.

Where else do you find such a character like Gollum? Where else do you find something that matches up to the name Turin Turambar, meaning, Master of Fate/Doom. Where do you find such epicness when Aragorn shouts "Elendil!" and jumps on the Uruks. Where else do you find epic characters like Fingolfin, Beren, Luthien, Galadriel, Glorfindel, Gandalf, Aragorn, Frodo, Legolas, Earendil, Gil-galad and many more? The lore, the passion, the epicness, the graces, the beauty, the longing? Where do you find locations and battles like Helm's Deep, Dagor Dagorath, Minas Tirith, Erebor, Imladris, the Shire, Rohan, Gondor, Lorien, Beleriand, Valinor and more? WHERE???

Not in SW, I tell you. SW is good, but LOTR is the epic, the ultimate, the epic of epics. In my mind, there is nothing that can compare. Yoda is good, but Gandalf is better. And look at the hero in the prequels, Anakin, who's actually really, really, really creepy. SW has a grandness to it, but LOTR has a magisterial, encompassing, brilliant, magnificient, glorious, and wonderful epicness to it.
Call me Star
Best High Fantasy RPer of '14 and '15
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination"
"Strength does not make one capable of rule. It makes one capable of service"
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Tri: NS's Tolkien incarnate
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.
P2TM: Infinite Justice | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog | adhouse

IJB: RE | Arcs

The Industrial States of Columbia
Senator

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:45 pm

I shall be tagging this
Cobalt Network Signups-|-Cobalt Network Main Page
A Fan of Type II alternate history
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:46 pm

Side note: I do a mean Gollum impression. :twisted:
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Escalan Corps-Star Island
Senator

Founded: May 07, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Escalan Corps-Star Island » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:47 pm

*Esc is a Trekkie*
That aside, and since you mentioned it, the story of the Children of Húrin is probably my favourite in the Silmarillion personally. I used the name of his beautiful sword in an RP or two. I don't think they've noticed. . . :p

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:48 pm

Escalan Corps-Star Island wrote:*Esc is a Trekkie*
That aside, and since you mentioned it, the story of the Children of Húrin is probably my favourite in the Silmarillion personally. I used the name of his beautiful sword in an RP or two. I don't think they've noticed. . . :p

:D
For my last names of characters I use either Terembor (a Gondor steward I think) or Tarembor. No one has noticed, I'm pretty sure, I saw the name in the appendixes one day and thought that it was pretty nice.
Call me Star
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"
Lith: Twinky-toes, Lord of Elves, and the only man to enter Tolkien's Holy of Holies
Neros: A Star Among Men and a Tolkien force of nature in relation to Elves and Asgardians.

Osnil
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:49 pm

The Starlight wrote:
Bearon wrote:

You have read the Silmarillion, right? Sure, SW has planets, but where do you find something epic like this:

Or:

Or:

Where do find something so heartbreaking and encouraging when Sam says on the slopes of Mount Doom: "I can't carry it for you, but I CAN CARRY YOU! C'MON!" and he starts walking with Frodo on his shoulders.

Where else do you find such a character like Gollum? Where else do you find something that matches up to the name Turin Turambar, meaning, Master of Fate/Doom. Where do you find such epicness when Aragorn shouts "Elendil!" and jumps on the Uruks. Where else do you find epic characters like Fingolfin, Beren, Luthien, Galadriel, Glorfindel, Gandalf, Aragorn, Frodo, Legolas, Earendil, Gil-galad and many more? The lore, the passion, the epicness, the graces, the beauty, the longing? Where do you find locations and battles like Helm's Deep, Dagor Dagorath, Minas Tirith, Erebor, Imladris, the Shire, Rohan, Gondor, Lorien, Beleriand, Valinor and more? WHERE???

Not in SW, I tell you. SW is good, but LOTR is the epic, the ultimate, the epic of epics. In my mind, there is nothing that can compare. Yoda is good, but Gandalf is better. And look at the hero in the prequels, Anakin, who's actually really, really, really creepy. SW has a grandness to it, but LOTR has a magisterial, encompassing, brilliant, magnificient, glorious, and wonderful epicness to it.

New lightasbers with crossguards and lightsabers trump all.

Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Escalan Corps-Star Island » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:51 pm

The Starlight wrote:
Escalan Corps-Star Island wrote:*Esc is a Trekkie*

For my last names of characters I use either Terembor (a Gondor steward I think) or Tarembor. No one has noticed, I'm pretty sure, I saw the name in the appendixes one day and thought that it was pretty nice.

I knew I recognised that.
As a general rule, my names stem from LOTR stuff when they aren't from my own timeline.

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Escalan Corps-Star Island wrote:
The Starlight wrote: :D

I knew I recognised that.
As a general rule, my names stem from LOTR stuff when they aren't from my own timeline.

Call me Star

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:54 pm

Osnil wrote:
The Starlight wrote:You have read the Silmarillion, right? Sure, SW has planets, but where do you find something epic like this:

Or:

Or:

New lightasbers with crossguards and lightsabers trump all.

Traitors, all of you.
Call me Star

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:54 pm

The Starlight wrote:
Bearon wrote:

Or:

Or:

Yes I've read the Sil. :P

Well I'd say the scene where Darth Vader reveals he's Luke's father has just as much emotional impact.

A character like Gollum? Darth Vader himself perhaps a conflicted and evil being that both relishes and hates his own actions.

I'd say Skywalker sort of fits the bill in the name department.

Epiceness? Pretty much every Lightsaber battle defines that term.

All throughout the Star Wars Universe actually. :P

Again you can find those locations throughout the Star Wars universe and honestly you care more about them too since SW has had the chance to grow them more.

Star Wars is not as epic as LotR is I will admit but it is more fun.

Gandalf does top Yoda yes but he got around 20 times more screen time then his little green counterpart.

That's what makes it so great! The fact that Anakin the hero of the prequels fell to the Dark Side bringing us the amazingness that is the original trilogy.

Both SW and LotR bring a lot to the table but at the end of the day LotR is probably better when you simply read one of the books or watch one of the films but you can't immerse yourself like you can in the huge and wonderful universe that is Star Wars. Star Wars ultimately has more longevity and a larger fanbase then LotR for this reason.
Last edited by Bearon on Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Escalan Corps-Star Island » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:56 pm

The Starlight wrote:
Osnil wrote:New lightasbers with crossguards and lightsabers trump all.

Traitors, all of you.

Very well. We shall be the Faithful, fleeing the wrath and ruin of that rapidly sinking land.
Bearon wrote:-le snip-

Baka. Go read the Lay of Lúthien and come back to me so I can see the tears stream down your face.

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:57 pm

The Starlight wrote:Traitors, all of you.

Very well. We shall be the Faithful, fleeing the wrath and ruin of that rapidly sinking land.
Bearon wrote:-le snip-

Baka. Go read the Lay of Lúthien and come back to me so I can see the tears stream down your face.

As I said any single story or scene taken from LotR is probably better then one from Star Wars but it's just not big enough to compete.

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:58 pm

I'm off to bed, knaves. Don't forget to say your nightly prayers to Melkor, or I'll cut your toes off in the night !
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Escalan Corps-Star Island » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:00 pm

Bearon wrote:
Escalan Corps-Star Island wrote:Very well. We shall be the Faithful, fleeing the wrath and ruin of that rapidly sinking land.

As I said any single story or scene taken from LotR is probably better then one from Star Wars but it's just not big enough to compete.

This is certainly true (to an extent).
If I ever finish writing my series of "historical fiction" novels, then you should have something of comparable scope at least. :p

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:03 pm

Bearon wrote:

This is certainly true (to an extent).
If I ever finish writing my series of "historical fiction" novels, then you should have something of comparable scope at least. :p

I look forward to it. :)

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:06 pm

Bearon wrote:
The Starlight wrote:You have read the Silmarillion, right? Sure, SW has planets, but where do you find something epic like this:
(Image)

Or:
(Image)

Or:

(Image)

Well I'd say the scene where Darth Vader reveals he's Luke's father has just as much emotional impact.

A character like Gollum? Darth Vader himself perhaps a conflicted and evil being that both relishes and hates his own actions.

Again you can find those locations throughout the Star Wars universe and honestly you care more about them too since SW has had the chance to grow them more.

Gandalf does top Yoda yes but he got around 20 times more screen time then his little green counterpart.

That's what makes it so great! The fact that Anakin the hero of the prequels fell to the Dark Side bringing us the amazingness that is the original trilogy.

Both SW and LotR bring a lot to the table but at the end of the day LotR is probably better when you simply read one of the books or watch one of the films but you can't immerse yourself like you can in the huge and wonderful universe that is Star Wars. Star Wars ultimately has more longevity and a larger fanbase then LotR then this reason.

DV revealing that he's Luke's father? A great father he is, chopping off his son's hand. Luke: Image
Emotional impact? Yes. Heartbreaking? For Luke maybe, but for the rest of us, it's hilarious.

You don't see DV struggling with his alter ego like Gollum

1 dude with a really cool last name vs like the 10 most epic elves in all of fantasy? I think the elves take that one.

I'll let you have the lightsaber one, because I'm getting tired.

Fun? I want to shoot Jar-Jar Binks and C-3PO with a blaster... over and over and over again. So annoying? But I'll give you more fun, I suppose.

I'm not going to answer the rest, but anyway, let's not turn this into SW vs LOTR. I do agree that SW is a fantastic series but it's lower on the list for me.

We shall agree to disagree.

Now: New Challenge: Post any hilarious, epic, heartbreaking of all other gifs, images, memes, and quotes from the Tolkienuniverse. No swearing please, and keep it appropriate and nothing from Battle of the Five Armies either

I have no idea why this is so funny to me but here:
Call me Star

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:08 pm

The Starlight wrote:
Bearon wrote:

Both SW and LotR bring a lot to the table but at the end of the day LotR is probably better when you simply read one of the books or watch one of the films but you can't immerse yourself like you can in the huge and wonderful universe that is Star Wars. Star Wars ultimately has more longevity and a larger fanbase then LotR then this reason.

DV revealing that he's Luke's father? A great father he is, chopping off his son's hand. Luke: Image
Emotional impact? Yes. Heartbreaking? For Luke maybe, but for the rest of us, it's hilarious.

You don't see DV struggling with his alter ego like Gollum

1 dude with a really cool last name vs like the 10 most epic elves in all of fantasy? I think the elves take that one.

I'll let you have the lightsaber one, because I'm getting tired.

Fun? I want to shoot Jar-Jar Binks and C-3PO with a blaster... over and over and over again. So annoying? But I'll give you more fun, I suppose.

I'm not going to answer the rest, but anyway, let's not turn this into SW vs LOTR. I do agree that SW is a fantastic series but it's lower on the list for me.

We shall agree to disagree.

Now: New Challenge: Post any hilarious, epic, heartbreaking of all other gifs, images, memes, and quotes from the Tolkienuniverse. No swearing please, and keep it appropriate and nothing from Battle of the Five Armies either

I have no idea why this is so funny to me but here:

Frodosynthesis. xD

Osnil
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:56 am

"Better let Her do it!" Gollum

Dain II Ironfoot
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dain II Ironfoot » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:55 am

NS Name: The Kingdom of Dáin II Ironfoot
Epithet/Title: Son of Náin, Lord of the Iron Hills, King of Durin's Folk, King under the Mountain and Slayer of Azog.
What can you contribute?: I love lord of the rings, especially the Dwarves and i made plenty of LOTR/Middle-Earth RP's with previous nations of mine.
What do you love most about Arda?: The Geography above all. Aside from that, the "races" and how they all have their own culture, history ect. Above all though, Dwarves and Trolls.
Favorite Character(s): Dáin (obviously), Gimli, Thorin, Balin and Treebeard.
Favorite Place(s): 1)Khazad-Dûm 2)Erebor 3)Gundabad
Favorite Faction(s): Hobbits. Uhmmm!... Dwarves.
#TRG- Do not remove, for identifying/finding apps.
A Dwarf is not short, he is concentrated in every aspect.
Tradition must be respected, for it is the voice of our ancestors.
There's nothing as sure in the world as the glitter of gold, and the treachery of Elves.
Tanar Durin Nur!

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:02 am

Dain II Ironfoot wrote:
NS Name: The Kingdom of Dáin II Ironfoot
Epithet/Title: Son of Náin, Lord of the Iron Hills, King of Durin's Folk, King under the Mountain and Slayer of Azog.
What can you contribute?: I love lord of the rings, especially the Dwarves and i made plenty of LOTR/Middle-Earth RP's with previous nations of mine.
What do you love most about Arda?: The Geography above all. Aside from that, the "races" and how they all have their own culture, history ect. Above all though, Dwarves and Trolls.
Favorite Character(s): Dáin (obviously), Gimli, Thorin, Balin and Treebeard.
Favorite Place(s): 1)Khazad-Dûm 2)Erebor 3)Gundabad
Favorite Faction(s): Hobbits. Uhmmm!... Dwarves.

Welcome!
Call me Star

Krugmar
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Krugmar » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:35 am

NS Name: Krugmar
Epithet/Title: Grór son of Thrór, Lord of the Blue Mountains, Bingurad zabdêl, Master of Belegost and Nogrod.
What can you contribute?: Discussion, helping with ay LotR rp's, Dwarven lore. Finding out why Saruman turned evil when he had a sick tower.
What do you love most about Arda?: The hope that the dwarves have, despite losing their homelands (Gundabad, Erebor, Moria) multiple times.
Favorite Character(s): King Dain Ironfoot, Pippin and Bombur.
Favorite Place(s): Ered Luin, Nogrod and Belegost, Mount Dolmed and my true favourite, Orthanc.
Favorite Faction(s): The Dwarves, particularly the other clans (such as Firebeards and Broadbeams).
Liec made me tell you to consider Kylaris

The Starlight
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Starlight » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:38 am

Krugmar wrote:
Epithet/Title: Grór son of Thrór, Lord of the Blue Mountains, Bingurad zabdêl, Master of Belegost and Nogrod.
What can you contribute?: Discussion, helping with ay LotR rp's, Dwarven lore. Finding out why Saruman turned evil when he had a sick tower.
What do you love most about Arda?: The hope that the dwarves have, despite losing their homelands (Gundabad, Erebor, Moria) multiple times.
Favorite Place(s): Ered Luin, Nogrod and Belegost, Mount Dolmed and my true favourite, Orthanc.
Favorite Faction(s): The Dwarves, particularly the other clans (such as Firebeards and Broadbeams).

Hello, Krugmar!
Call me Star

Krugmar
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Krugmar » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:48 am

The Starlight wrote:
Krugmar wrote:

Hello, Krugmar!

Sup Starlight, only just noticed this and had to join. I just love Tolkien's Dwarves, and Orthanc.
Liec made me tell you to consider Kylaris

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse