NATION

PASSWORD

The Tolkien RP Group [P2TM RP Group]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which Tolkien RP would you like next? (UPDATED as of 2017)

First Age RP
16%
Second Age RP
11%
Third Age RP
30%
Fourth Age RP
21%
Alt-Hist RP
18%
More focused RP
4%
Other (Please post what)
2%

Total votes : 57

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:26 pm

In case anyone is still around here, I did a thing:

Lord of the Rings: Fall of Man

Lindon-Rivendell
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Lindon-Rivendell » Wed May 05, 2021 7:30 am

Elerian wrote:In case anyone is still around here, I did a thing:

Lord of the Rings: Fall of Man

well who didn't I find here...
"THE GURU" himself,
anyways, I got an RP to AD here too so..
THE RETURN OF ALMIGHTY BELERIAND
ELVEN POWAH!

Tatarica
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tatarica » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:33 pm

Greetings,

We are thinking about bringing back a new iteration of our special Roleplay hosted in the Middle Earth Roleplay region.

The RP is still going to take place on the RMB of the region, same as before, although with an updated FAQ, and a thread will be created here to host the OOC talk related to the roleplay.

As there are 14 slots available on the map, the maximum number of factions (or, players) that can be directly involved in the Roleplay is limited to this number.

The roleplay consists of:
  1. A strategic tabletop experience involving factions, provinces, army pieces and moving said pieces around the map, as per your indication, per “turns” (or per update).
  2. An In-Character experience via messages from the point of view of the faction leader, or someone else, and where the storyline action takes place while (or after) the pieces on the board move as per your indication, and
  3. An optional roleplay experience outside the tabletop game, via the creation of In-Character stories that span the whole world and that are loosely (or not at all) connected to the events happening on the strategic tabletop map.
  4. The use of NationStates nations to interact with other players on the Regional Message Board of the Roleplaying region.

The initial version of the map that we're going to play on is located HERE.

The MAP is interactive and a version of it from the last RP can be found HERE (wait a bit to load).

There is an extensive FAQ for the Roleplay, which can be located HERE.

We have already run 3 iterations of the Roleplay, and this would be the 4th, if there are enough people willing to participate. The map is going to be updated once or twice per week, so you can imagine that things are NOT going to move at an extremely fast pace, and will take a while until the roleplay concludes.

If you don't want to check the NationStates-side (usually posted via DISPATCHES from the nation Dispatch), we also have compiled a list of posts from the last Roleplay in the NS topic located HERE.

We don't have anything set-up at the moment, so the start time will probably be from a month from now - if there's interest.

At the moment we will be gathering interest from the people that joined previous Roleplays, and people from our NationStates region. However, we know there is ample Roleplay knowledge and skill on the NationStates forums and we would absolutely love for others that have an interest in Tolkien lore to participate in this (seeminly complex but) fun and simple roleplay. In the past we also had a few players from this thread, and it was a huge success. Unfortunately, the players had their nations CTE, but we hope to find new brave souls to participate with us.

This post here is to gather interest from you regarding this, and to hopefully answer any questions you have regarding it. What say you?

Please feel free to contact me also directly in NationStates.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:14 am

Sounds like fun, Tatarica. Hopefully some folks here run with the idea; I know myself well enough to know I'm far too lazy to actually regularly check in on a puppet in an RP region, alas.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Previous

Return to Portal to the Multiverse