NATION

PASSWORD

What Lies Below (OOC; OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which AC are we pursuing first?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:05 am

1. The lone Megalodon in Gansbaii needs to be dealt with before the Great White Shark population disappears.
5%
2. Whatever's up there in the northern Pacific has got to be massive. If so, we could potentially make more money off the bounty.
11%
3. The natives might be superstitious, but what if their stories of a "half-man/half-shark" are true?
58%
4. For freedom and democracy, we must kill the fucking squid in order to keep the oil flowing.
26%

Total votes : 19

Brechalht
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:45 pm

ignore
Last edited by Brechalht on Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:16 am, edited 7 times in total.

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:54 pm

Harrumph.

The extended process of creating a feature-length NorvApp™ has begun.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:07 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:Harrumph.

The extended process of creating a feature-length NorvApp™ has begun.

I'd buy tickets if theater snack prices didn't number in the virgin sacrifices.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:10 pm

Taggity tag
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:21 pm

Is anyone interested in helping me to brainstorm fishing tactics? I have a few on my mind, and given the variety of equipment and vehicles used, the tactics can vary greatly. Some require a combination of several different methods:

For example, a method for dislodging a group of ACs from a shipwreck or reef could involve the usage of depth-charges in order to soften up the area, and then dispatching a team of divers to dive down into the area and wipe out the remaining ACs, who will likely be affected by the underwater shockwaves of the explosion.

An example of a chase technique could involve the usage of bait being towed by fast-moving RHIBs or jet-skis, in the hopes of luring an AC to pursue the bait. The boat towing the bait would then lead the AC towards a waiting larger vessel, which could be equipped with some sort of net or harpoon gun, in order to subdue the AC.

I will also be working on an encyclopedia-type thread to catalogue the various ACs that we'll encounter. If anyone has any ideas for potential creatures, I'd love to hear them.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:25 pm

Cylarn wrote:Is anyone interested in helping me to brainstorm fishing tactics? I have a few on my mind, and given the variety of equipment and vehicles used, the tactics can vary greatly. Some require a combination of several different methods:

For example, a method for dislodging a group of ACs from a shipwreck or reef could involve the usage of depth-charges in order to soften up the area, and then dispatching a team of divers to dive down into the area and wipe out the remaining ACs, who will likely be affected by the underwater shockwaves of the explosion.

An example of a chase technique could involve the usage of bait being towed by fast-moving RHIBs or jet-skis, in the hopes of luring an AC to pursue the bait. The boat towing the bait would then lead the AC towards a waiting larger vessel, which could be equipped with some sort of net or harpoon gun, in order to subdue the AC.

I will also be working on an encyclopedia-type thread to catalogue the various ACs that we'll encounter. If anyone has any ideas for potential creatures, I'd love to hear them.

It shouldn't be hard for me to come up with some ACs.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Brechalht
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:28 pm

ignore
Last edited by Brechalht on Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:45 pm

Cylarn wrote:Is anyone interested in helping me to brainstorm fishing tactics? I have a few on my mind, and given the variety of equipment and vehicles used, the tactics can vary greatly. Some require a combination of several different methods:

I've actually already started doing research for AC ideas.

I should be writing my essays, but meh. This is more fun.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:07 pm

Full Name: Scott Virgil Depleur.

Appearance: Scott.

Personality: Depleur is a rather likable guy, by most accounts from the people that he has served with. When you first meet Scott Depleur, you quickly learn that he doesn't seem to fit the stereotypical mold of a soldier. He's friendly, good-natured, comical to some extent, and more than willing to hold a conversation with just about anyone. He's well-respected by those under his command for his ability to converse and understand his subordinates, as well as for his desire to always be on the front lines with his men. Despite being a chilled person, he is one of the most dangerous men on board the Hyena. He's calm, collected, fearless, and more than willing to take a life when the situation calls for it, though even he knows that the ACs are a force to be feared and respected. It takes a fearless person to fight in almost zero visibility against an outrageously dangerous and terrifying sea creature in its own turf, while decked out in a scuba setup in depths reaching down to 200 feet.

Voice: Barnes (Tom Berenger).

Skills: Scott grew up in a family that made its living diving, considering that both of his parents had met while diving and had centered their professions around diving. From the age of 2, his parents already had him in the water, learning how to swim. By 7, he was swimming competitively, which he would pretty much do his entire life. By 10, he had already completed his scuba certification training. When he joined the Navy at the age of 18, he had scored high enough on the ASVAB to be considered for SEAL training. Pretty much, he's been in the water for his entire life. He's an expert swimmer, and can not only swim long distances without exhausting himself, he is also skilled at breath control, having worked hard in order to hold his breath for a maximum of 4 minutes. His experience as a Navy SEAL has given him comprehensive expertise in combat diving, which is valuable given the nature of his work. In addition to being a trained and tested scuba diver, he is also adept in utilizing rebreather systems and underwater vehicles, excluding DSVs and larger vehicles.

While being a capable diver, his military experience has given him considerable expertise with various weapons, military tactics, hand-to-hand combat, scouting, and other skills. He is also in a good physical condition, although he smokes the occasional cigarette and is a regular drinker. He tends to read people, and does his best to understand the many complex facets of the people that he encounters.

Weaknesses: Long before he started working in the most terrifying trade known to man, he had been affected by Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. During his time in the Navy, he had seen the worst that humanity had to offer, and he had been in situations whose odds would have overwhelmed an average joe. No one can escape these kinds of things without hidden scars, and Scott often relives those traumatic experiences whenever he tries to rest. His medications - most notably his marijuana and his booze - serve to curb his inner demons from driving him into insanity and suicide.

On the lesser end of the spectrum, he is an alcoholic and a womanizer. He doesn't work without a drink in his system, and he loves to chase tail whenever he can, but these things are much easier to control than his PTSD, but that doesn't mean that being shitfaced or chasing tail haven't tarnished his image somewhat.

Birthplace: Wilmington, North Carolina.

Nationality: American.

Ethnicity: Scots-Irish/French/German.

Sexuality: Heterosexual.

Prior Bounty-Fishing Work: SS Kingfisher, November 2011 - November 2013.

Desired Position: Chief Diver.

Background: Throughout the course of his life, Scott Depleur was raised in the water. His father, a former Marine, owned a scuba diving business in Wilmington, taking tourists on diving tours around the various wrecks that surrounded Wilmington and the nearby island cities of Wrightsville Beach, Carolina Beach, and Kure Beach. His mother was a renowned competitive swimmer, who coached for a local competitive swimming program, so his parents ensured that he'd experience both of their businesses. As a boy, he'd often play around in the sound over in Wrightsville Beach, free-diving and gigging small fish. He was an athlete, with his expertise being in the 1650-yard Freestyle and the 200-yard Breaststroke. Water was his life, and swimming was what he knew how to do.

When he was a teenager, he ended up becoming rather gung-ho about joining the Navy SEALs, up to the point where people abhorred to hear about how he had been training for BUD/s and such. Much to everyone's surprise, the young man got on the right track after he enlisted in the Navy, scoring high enough on his ASVAB in order to qualify for such training. However, the intense training promptly kicked his ass, forcing Scott to think about why he had even considered wanting to become a SEAL. He was pushed hard in his training, both physically and mentally. It changed him from a giddy, overly-motivated boy from North Carolina, into a strong, determined man. Several times he came to the brink of failure, but he rallied on and pushed forward, affirming to himself that he was not going to give up and drop out, no matter what.

Around 1998 or so, he had finally completed his SEAL training and earned his Trident. For the next 12 years, he'd be attached to Team 2, conducting various special operations around the world, mainly in Iraq and Afghanistan. He saw plenty of combat, and learned plenty of things during his time, before leaving the Navy with the rank of Chief Petty Officer. He found work in maritime security at around the same time that the first mass-reports of AC activity began to explode across the world. The merchant ship that he was serving aboard had also responded to the aftermath of the Ascension Incident, where he saw firsthand the floating carcass of the massive squid that the two naval vessel had lost a third of their crews - as well as the majority of the passengers and crew of the Ascension - trying to kill. It was around that time that he was recruited to serve aboard the SS Kingfisher, a bounty-fishing vessel. He began as a lowly diver, which was - and still is - the most dangerous job in a bounty-fishing crew. Before the crew broke apart, they had been responsible for claiming almost 10 bounties; a record for any bounty-fishing crew, considering how dangerous the trade is.

It was this experience that merited him a spot aboard the Hyena as the Chief Diver.

By completing this document and by giving your signature, you adhere to follow the terms and conditions of this contract for a period of 6 months. At the end of this period, you are free to cease your association with the Hyena, and with the leasing company. You will be paid an initial $5,000 USD base payment, with a monthly $5,000 hazard stipend; all of which will be paid by HYDRA MARITIME SECURITY SOLUTIONS. Your further income will be determined by the number of bounties completed. Please sign your name below.

Scott Virgil Depleur

I've also updated the application with a "Voice" section, and I am debating whether or not to charge players with providing RP examples.
Last edited by Cylarn on Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2014
Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:17 pm

Well, I'm obviously fucking signing up. Duh. I mean, come on. Looks downright awesome!
Friends call me "Rud."

Sasutary Island
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sasutary Island » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Full Name: Daniel O'Kennedy

Appearance: Daniel is a man of a height of 6 feet, 5 inches, with short, brown-grey hair in the shape of a fohawk. His nose is of the Aquiline type, and he has a short, yet distinguishable stubble. He has shaved most of his body hair, and has a black tattoo of a Griffon Passant Guardant on his right arm, and has taken to getting another tattoo of a sea dragon on his left. His skin is slightly tanned.

Personality: Now, I wouldn't say that Daniel is an introvert, but he really likes his 'me-time' alone. Other than that, he enjoys the company of his peers and likes to discuss a wide variety of subjects. Daniel is a man who sticks to his guns, and should a man address him in an 'unfriendly' tone of voice, he could have just released the apocalypse on himself.

Voice: Take any Cockney Male

Skills: Daniel is a skilled helicopter pilot. Having served in the Royal Navy for over 9 years as a helicopter pilot, he can outmanuever, outfly and outsmart any man (or beast). In his spare time, he flies his own Huey helicopter on joy rides. His first taste of combat was during the Iraq War.

Weaknesses: A major flaw with Daniel is that he has had PTSD ever since serving in Kuwait and Iraq. His numerous injured and dead comrades that he has had to evacuate out of a warzone has left him emmotionally scarred. Numerous therapy sessions later, medical workers have deemed him 'safe for the public'. However, specific sounds and actions such as gunfire, death etc, can cause vicious memories of his service life and may potentially break him. Another flaw is due to the PTSD, Daniel has become an Alcoholic. Numerous shots are the only thing that keep him from from falling into a Depression. Every day, Daniel is in an ever-drunk joyful mood.

Birthplace: Hammersmith, London, UK

Nationality: British

Ethnicity: Scottish-British

Sexuality (Optional): Bisexual

Prior Bounty-Fishing Work:
~HMS Bristol Training Ship (6 Years)
~Maersk Sealand (1 Year)
~HMS Ocean (2 Years)

Desired Position: Helicopter Pilot

Background (2 paragraphs): Daniel was born into a middle-income family while in a Taxi. Following this, Daniel was chromically hospitalized due to breathing difficulties. In spite of this, Daniel grew up to be an ace at long runs and weight-lifting. His father was a Bus driver while his Mother was a policewoman in the Met. All was fine and dandy until his mother was fatally shot in the chest during a police chase. His father began to take up alcohol after a 19 year absence, spending tens of Pounds a day on substances that alleviated his suffering for a few minutes. Daniel's father had control over his actions, however, even when drinking more than a Pub daily. Daniel attained good grades during Primary and Secondary School, being in the top ten every year. Being a smart and athletic child, his father took to treating him well. And so it was a happy childhood, mostly.

After he attained his college degree, he decided to attend flight school. There, he was shown the ropes, or in this case, the controls on how to fly helicopters. At first he flew small, single-seat autogyroes, and after passing basic flight school, continued to attain a higher qualification, flying Lynxes. With this qualification, he joined up with the Royal Navy as a Helicopter Pilot.

Skipping forward a few years, Daniel was sent to the Persian Gulf as part of Operation Iraqi Freedom aboard the HMS Ocean. He was tasked with evacuating injured and dead coalition troops. The long distances between the extraction zone and the Hospital Ship costed the lives of a number of already injured men in his care. Daniel never forgave himself for this, and soon fell into an eternal state of sober depression. He was viewed as mentally incapable of flying and fighting, and was soon sent back to the Brirish Isles.

The problems didn't stop there. A daily occurance was while waiting in line or for the bus, Daniel would just lay on his back and cry, sometimes for hours. Alcohol was viewed as a short term solution, and was soon refered to Mental Institute in Scotland. The rolling Highlands, the caring doctors and psychiatrists and cool air all served to speed up his recovery. He was worked on for 4 years, and was released back to society. He still suffers from small, chronic outburts of extreme sadness should a catalyst, such as an exhaust that sounds similar to a gunshot, explosions etc, be heard or seen. He saw an advert about a certain bounty Ship named the Hyena on the internet, which required the expertise of a certified helicopter pilot. Never has his face brightened up so much. He looked around at his small apartment. The stacks of empty bottles, overdue bills, and a picture of his recently sold helicopter. No more! He was going to start anew. As a bounty hunter! (Maybe)

By completing this document and by giving your signature, you adhere to follow the terms and conditions of this contract for a period of 6 months. At the end of this period, you are free to cease your association with the Hyena, and with the leasing company. You will be paid an initial $5,000 USD base payment, with a monthly $5,000 hazard stipend; all of which will be paid by HYDRA MARITIME SECURITY SOLUTIONS. Your further income will be determined by the number of bounties completed. Please sign your name below.

Daniel O'Kennedy~

WIP i guess
Last edited by Sasutary Island on Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In sarcastic rememberance of the 13 people who got told off/warned/banned/DEAT'd in a thread about a gassed Furry Con. Never forget, Idiocy is everywhere.
I am an proud, independent nation of the Sovereignty Cooperation Pact!
Also a Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
I am an Ultra-Progressive, Open Minded, Skeptic towards Religion, laissez-faire capitalist and a Libetarian; a kind-hearted idealistic egalitarian with several strong convictions IRL.
GODDAMN IT RP CORRECTLY OR ELSE

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:32 pm

So will the captain be driving the ship? Or will he be leading? Or both? Just asking before I reserve it.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2014
Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:35 pm

Has the role of Chief Officer already been reserved? If not, may I do so?
Friends call me "Rud."

Sasutary Island
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sasutary Island » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:36 pm

The Carlisle wrote:So will the captain be driving the ship? Or will he be leading? Or both? Just asking before I reserve it.

The captain gives orders on how to drive the ship.
In sarcastic rememberance of the 13 people who got told off/warned/banned/DEAT'd in a thread about a gassed Furry Con. Never forget, Idiocy is everywhere.
I am an Ultra-Progressive, Open Minded, Skeptic towards Religion, laissez-faire capitalist and a Libetarian; a kind-hearted idealistic egalitarian with several strong convictions IRL.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:42 pm

The Carlisle wrote:So will the captain be driving the ship? Or will he be leading? Or both? Just asking before I reserve it.

The Captain is the overall commander of the ship. Everyone reports to him, and he gives the orders for what the crew does. The Captain should have considerable experience in the naval/merchant maritime realms, and some experience in bounty-fishing wouldn't hurt either.

Rudaslavia wrote:Has the role of Chief Officer already been reserved? If not, may I do so?

Sure.

Sasutary Island wrote:

The captain gives orders on how to drive the ship.

Yup, but that's only part of the job.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Sasutary Island
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sasutary Island » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:45 pm

Might i ask if my Daniel O'Kennedy app is aight?

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:59 pm

Sasutary Island wrote:-snip-

Danny-Boy is good enough. Welcome aboard.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:00 pm

Ah. Well, I was think of driving the ship. If not, maybe chief researcher.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:01 pm

The Carlisle wrote:Ah. Well, I was think of driving the ship. If not, maybe chief researcher.

The helmsman pilots the ship.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:04 pm

Cylarn wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:Ah. Well, I was think of driving the ship. If not, maybe chief researcher.

Ah. I would love to be helmsman

As you can tell I know shit all on anything maritime

And I'm a navy kid...
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:06 pm

The Carlisle wrote:
Cylarn wrote:

Ah. I would love to be helmsman

And I'm a navy kid...

Eh, my sister is in the Navy, but she knows shit-all about ships even though she's on board one.

I'll reserve the helm for you, so start reading up on your job.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:17 pm

Cylarn wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:Ah. I would love to be helmsman

And I'm a navy kid...

Eh, my sister is in the Navy, but she knows shit-all about ships even though she's on board one.

Gotcha!

Curious, what's the name of the ship?
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:19 pm

The Carlisle wrote:
Cylarn wrote:

Gotcha!

The SS Hyena, as it is listed in the OP.

Also, if anyone wants to read about the ship we're using, look up the M/V Alucia.
Last edited by Cylarn on Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:42 pm

Cylarn wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:Gotcha!

Also, if anyone wants to read about the ship we're using, look up the M/V Alucia.

Lol. Was talking about the ship your sister is on :p
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:45 pm

The Carlisle wrote:
Cylarn wrote:

Lol. Was talking about the ship your sister is on :p

USS New York.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse