NATION

PASSWORD

What Lies Below (OOC; OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which AC are we pursuing first?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:05 am

1. The lone Megalodon in Gansbaii needs to be dealt with before the Great White Shark population disappears.
5%
2. Whatever's up there in the northern Pacific has got to be massive. If so, we could potentially make more money off the bounty.
11%
3. The natives might be superstitious, but what if their stories of a "half-man/half-shark" are true?
58%
4. For freedom and democracy, we must kill the fucking squid in order to keep the oil flowing.
26%

Total votes : 19

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:34 pm

Rupudska wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:*looks through character apps*

Wow, this boat is gonna be a sausagefest

Poor Eva

I am joining this RP, your argument is invalid.

This is also true. Due to scientific laws not completely understood as of yet, Rup is seemingly incapable of making a male character. When he does... bad things tend to happen. *shudder*
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Escalan Corps-Star Island
Senator

Founded: May 07, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Escalan Corps-Star Island » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:37 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:
Rupudska wrote:
I am joining this RP, your argument is invalid.

This is also true. Due to scientific laws not completely understood as of yet, Rup is seemingly incapable of making a male character. When he does... bad things tend to happen. *shudder*

And yet he runs a Strike Witches RP. . . :p

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:02 pm

I'd like a Monster app to work with. Though I can make one if necessary.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:11 pm

Rupudska wrote:I'd like a Monster app to work with. Though I can make one if necessary.

Hmmm, I won't be near a computer for a few hours, so you put together such an application?
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2014
Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:55 pm

Full Name: Marie Helena Lachance

Appearance:

Personality: Marie is as cold as she is assertive and demanding. She is a calculating and vindictive soul whose severe post-traumatic stress disorder has numbed her own mental senses. Lachance is a natural leader, and her commanding skills were honed with her extensive military service. She is hugely strict, headstrong, and authoritative. The woman expects only the best from her subordinates -- no less. But she lacks comprehension of basic social knowledge; she cannot correctly identify other people's emotions or words. Her responses to simple conversational initiatives are often awkward or even aggressive. As a result, she has very few friends or personal connections. She's the ideal soldier...but not the ideal socializer.

Voice: I suppose she'd sound something like Robin Wright.

Skills:
    1. Military Training: Lachance proudly dedicated 16 years to the service of the United States Navy. With a vast array of experience in the armed forces, she is more than competent with the use of firearms (mainly assault rifles and pistols) and ship controls.
    2. Leadership Skills: Marie spent 6 of her 16 years in the Navy as an officer.
    3. Logistical: As a former officer, her logistic abilities were crucial to the success of her unit. Marie is a skilled mathematician and code analyst. She was often assigned to study deep-sea tonal recordings, and she carries these abilities onto the SS Hyena.
    4. Physically Fit: With her training came physical fitness. Marie is an extremely skilled athlete and is quite healthy in terms of her body.

Weaknesses:
    1. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Marie Lachance witnessed unspeakable horrors throughout her entire life. Having endured the death of her father, violent rape, and 2 cryptid attacks, she is numbed to the majority of fundamental emotional responses.
    2. Pride: Having grown accustomed to positions of high-ranking authority, Lachance enjoys the thought of being "in charge." She is loyal to her own commanders, but she is known to be rather sharp-tongued when it comes to rowdy subordinates.
    3. Socially Incapable: This is surely linked to her PTSD; her traumatic experiences have rendered her socially crippled. She does not comprehend common social initiatives and is known to response to kind gestures aggressively. It is not intentional. It's simply a malfunctioned mental process.

Birthplace: Fort Augustus, Scotland

Nationality: American

Ethnicity: French Canadian

Sexuality: Heterosexual (but with occasional bisexual tendencies)

Prior Bounty-Fishing Work: Marie's parents were essentially "bounty-fishers" before the term was officially coined. As a toddler, she was aboard the SS Rudolf in the Loch Ness with her mother and father until the vessel was destroyed. During her service in the Navy, she was involuntarily thrown into battle with the sea beasts aboard the USS Marquis de Lafayette.

Desired Position: Chief Officer

Background: Marie is the only child of Pierre Lachance, a renowned Quebecoise biologist, and Janice Henry, an American journalist. Her father was a dedicated researcher of the notorious Loch Ness monster. Captaining his privately owned vessel, the SS Rudolf, Dr. Pierre Lachance conducted four well-funded underwater investigations in the famous Scottish loch. Marie was born in Fort Augustus during the second of these expeditions. Described as an "adventurous" child, the girl enjoyed accompanying her parents on the Rudolf and took great interest in the mysterious beast of legend.

However, at the age of five, her life was turned upside-down. On Pierre's fourth investigation, he and his crew found exactly what they were looking for. Amidst a savage storm, the plesiosaur-like creature merged from the depths of the loch. "Nessie," as the monster was called, attacked the ship without mercy. Knocked unconscious during the ensuing panic, the girl awoke on the shores with her mother and several other wounded crewmen amongst beached wreckage near Fort Augustus. The Rudolf had been lost...and so had Pierre and the majority of his workers.

The Scottish administration refused to hear the survivors' tale, and Janice was forced to return to the United States with her daughter. Marie still clearly remembers making direct eye contact with the monster of the Loch Ness. She describes the experience as "looking into the soul of misery and death." It is unknown exactly what she feels towards the mythical creature.

Her mother directed her towards academic education. At the age of 18, Marie joined the US Navy alongside her studies at St. Michael's University in New York. During training, she was violently raped by one of her officers and left bloodied and beaten in the institution's showers. The event dealt a severe wound upon her mental state, and she began a rapid transition to a cold and calculating persona. This new shift in attitude may have garnered her the attention of her superiors, whom eagerly allowed for her structural ascension and eventual promotion to the rank of Lieutenant Commander.

She gained a notable reputation as a skilled leader aboard the USS Marquis de Lafayette. But in 2012, she would suffer an attack by a cryptid once again. On a secretive NATO expedition into the waters of the Baltic, the Lafayette fell prey to a massive sea serpent-like being that was thought to have been over 200 feet in length. Though the ship suffered extremely heavy casualties (over 1/2 the crew), Lachance led her men to victory and drove the wounded monster away. The incident was scarcely reported, and Lachance continues to suspect that the true purpose of the mission was to combat the serpent. President Obama ignored the accusations of the Lafayette's crew, and Lachance herself was forcibly given an honorable discharge to remove her voice from the ranks of the Navy.

Now, she seeks to find out more about these horrid cryptids that seem to have a habit of continuously appearing in her life.

By completing this document and by giving your signature, you adhere to follow the terms and conditions of this contract for a period of 6 months. At the end of this period, you are free to cease your association with the Hyena, and with the leasing company. You will be paid an initial $5,000 USD base payment, with a monthly $5,000 hazard stipend; all of which will be paid by HYDRA MARITIME SECURITY SOLUTIONS. Your further income will be determined by the number of bounties completed. Please sign your name below.

Marie H. Lachance
Last edited by Rudaslavia on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Friends call me "Rud."

Sasutary Island
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sasutary Island » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:11 pm

LOOK! A PTSD buddy
In sarcastic rememberance of the 13 people who got told off/warned/banned/DEAT'd in a thread about a gassed Furry Con. Never forget, Idiocy is everywhere.
I am an proud, independent nation of the Sovereignty Cooperation Pact!
Also a Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
I am an Ultra-Progressive, Open Minded, Skeptic towards Religion, laissez-faire capitalist and a Libetarian; a kind-hearted idealistic egalitarian with several strong convictions IRL.
GODDAMN IT RP CORRECTLY OR ELSE

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:12 pm

Done everything but the bio.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:15 pm

Sasutary Island wrote:LOOK! A PTSD buddy

Keep your pants on, it's only the third or fourth...
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

Sasutary Island
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sasutary Island » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:22 pm

Ayreonia wrote:

Shut up, yuo is of drunk sco'smen
In sarcastic rememberance of the 13 people who got told off/warned/banned/DEAT'd in a thread about a gassed Furry Con. Never forget, Idiocy is everywhere.
I am an Ultra-Progressive, Open Minded, Skeptic towards Religion, laissez-faire capitalist and a Libetarian; a kind-hearted idealistic egalitarian with several strong convictions IRL.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:29 pm

Very low on creativity at the moment, will work on it later.

And by 'work on it', I of course mean 'make something big and detailed'

Full Name:

Appearance (Picture or Description): lonk

Personality (Describe what kind of person you are):

Voice (In the past, I have tried out a few RP immersion techniques, and for this attribute, you will select a rather famous individual, movie character, or other whose voice resembles that of your character's. Please include a URL link to the voice, so that we can all hear it and better immerse ourselves):

Skills (Please give us a detailed overview into what special training and life skills that you have acquired in life. Certain skills will determine what position you hold aboard the Hyena, such as education, military training, and other facets):

Weaknesses (Everyone has weaknesses. Include at least two; one serious, and one less-serious):

Birthplace:

Nationality:

Ethnicity: Dutch

Sexuality (Optional):

Prior Bounty-Fishing Work (Please list ship and period active as member of ship's crew):

Desired Position: Sumbarine Pilot

Background (2 paragraphs):

By completing this document and by giving your signature, you adhere to follow the terms and conditions of this contract for a period of 6 months. At the end of this period, you are free to cease your association with the Hyena, and with the leasing company. You will be paid an initial $5,000 USD base payment, with a monthly $5,000 hazard stipend; all of which will be paid by HYDRA MARITIME SECURITY SOLUTIONS. Your further income will be determined by the number of bounties completed. Please sign your name below.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:55 pm

Ayreonia wrote:

Well it's beyond common, especially with veterans.
Friends call me "Rud."

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:11 pm

Rudaslavia wrote:
Ayreonia wrote:Keep your pants on, it's only the third or fourth...

Well it's beyond common, especially with veterans.

That's true. The core issue I'm having here is the oversaturation of military/ex-military characters in pretty much all RPs.

I mean, you don't have to be a war vet or had some sort of massive, life-changing trauma to be interesting.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:13 pm

My captain is ex-Coast Guard, and thoroughly un-traumatized. Which, at the very least, should make for an interesting contrast with his XO.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Sasutary Island
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sasutary Island » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:17 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:My captain is ex-Coast Guard, and thoroughly un-traumatized. Which, at the very least, should make for an interesting contrast with his XO.

"XO, turn this ship around!"
"Yes si....*statrs sobbing*"

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:26 pm

Sasutary Island wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:My captain is ex-Coast Guard, and thoroughly un-traumatized. Which, at the very least, should make for an interesting contrast with his XO.

"Yes si....*statrs sobbing*"

Haha nah, she expresses her disorder through numbness and rage. It would be more like:

"FUCK OFF! But okay, I'll do that right away!" :D

True, but she's battled two cryptids (one of which was Nessie!!!!!) in her short lifetime. Plus, she was raped. It's not just military service that damaged her mental state.

Ayreonia wrote:
Rudaslavia wrote:Well it's beyond common, especially with veterans.

That's true. The core issue I'm having here is the oversaturation of military/ex-military characters in pretty much all RPs.

I mean, you don't have to be a war vet or had some sort of massive, life-changing trauma to be interesting.

I suppose. But with RP's like this, knowledge of heavy firearm use is almost necessary. And there's not many people outside of servicemen and servicewomen that know how to operate an assault rifle. True, there are some...but not enough to create a realistic non-serviceman crew.
Friends call me "Rud."

Virenna
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virenna » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:29 pm

Rudaslavia wrote:-snip-

Her and Justinian are definitely going to get along. Psychotic taskmasters should terrorize their subordinates as a team!
Last edited by Virenna on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FLAG

"Iron hand in a velvet glove."
-Charles V

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:30 pm

Shit, for once an RP that looks like fun that I can't come up with a good character for. I'm not well versed in naval stuff, being over 1000 kilometers away from the nearest major body of water.

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:31 pm

Rudaslavia wrote:I suppose. But with RP's like this, knowledge of heavy firearm use is almost necessary. And there's not many people outside of servicemen and servicewomen that know how to operate an assault rifle. True, there are some...but not enough to create a realistic non-serviceman crew.

I'd dare say that navigation and seamanship are far more important. That big-ass harpoon gun is our main weapon, and it's not something a military person would be familiar with.

As for operating an assault rifle, really? Are you going to bring down a kraken with an assault rifle?

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:32 pm

Ayreonia wrote:
Rudaslavia wrote:I suppose. But with RP's like this, knowledge of heavy firearm use is almost necessary. And there's not many people outside of servicemen and servicewomen that know how to operate an assault rifle. True, there are some...but not enough to create a realistic non-serviceman crew.

I'd dare say that navigation and seamanship are far more important. That big-ass harpoon gun is our main weapon, and it's not something a military person would be familiar with.

As for operating an assault rifle, really? Are you going to bring down a kraken with an assault rifle?

No, but a giant shark? It'll sure as shit weaken it.
Friends call me "Rud."

Sasutary Island
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sasutary Island » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:33 pm

Ayreonia wrote:

No. Im gonna bring it down with my KAMIKAZE HELI TAKTIKS

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:39 pm

The Carlisle wrote:-snip-

Welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard.

Rudaslavia wrote:
Ayreonia wrote:I'd dare say that navigation and seamanship are far more important. That big-ass harpoon gun is our main weapon, and it's not something a military person would be familiar with.

No, but a giant shark? It'll sure as shit weaken it.

While guns are widely used by bounty-fishers, some bounty sponsors require that the AC not be harmed in absolutely any way. Despite the arsenal that the ship has, not everyone is toting around on the deck with a gun. We're not a bunch of SEALs; we're fishermen and fisherwomen.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:40 pm

Cylarn wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:-snip-

Welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard.

Rudaslavia wrote:No, but a giant shark? It'll sure as shit weaken it.

While guns are widely used by bounty-fishers, some bounty sponsors require that the AC not be harmed in absolutely any way. Despite the arsenal that the ship has, not everyone is toting around on the deck with a gun. We're not a bunch of SEALs; we're fishermen and fisherwomen.

Thank you.

Escalan Corps-Star Island
Senator

Founded: May 07, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Escalan Corps-Star Island » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:41 pm

Cylarn wrote:While guns are widely used by bounty-fishers, some bounty sponsors require that the AC not be harmed in absolutely any way. Despite the arsenal that the ship has, not everyone is toting around on the deck with a gun. We're not a bunch of SEALs; we're fishermen and fisherwomen.

Say, might the ship happen to have a small railgun? :p
Also, whenever I get around to tossing up a formal app, my character's going to be a former professional solo-sailor with a platonic crush on Thor Heyerdahl. Her primary motivation is clearing the seas and having something to eat, though she also knows how to handle maritime crises of a more domestic variety. She's also Australian for reasons I don't need to explain.

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:43 pm

Cylarn wrote:While guns are widely used by bounty-fishers, some bounty sponsors require that the AC not be harmed in absolutely any way. Despite the arsenal that the ship has, not everyone is toting around on the deck with a gun. We're not a bunch of SEALs; we're fishermen and fisherwomen.

All Marie wants is to see Nessie again. She has unfinished business with the beast of the Loch Ness.
Friends call me "Rud."

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:53 pm

Just a heads-up, guys. Bounty-fishing only really started in 2011, so it's been around for 3 years. There definitely have been other crews that have sought out cryptids and such, but this was long before the need to fight these creatures surfaced.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse