NATION

PASSWORD

Children Of Infinity (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:52 pm

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:-snip-

Shifting back to face the aspirants, Eamonn seemed well adept at giving people the silent treatment. He pondered a bit at Aressa's assurances, questioning just how sincere the guides actually were. In any case, he was in no mood to express his own problems. In all honesty, he could very well imagine the kind of responses he could expect from the self-righteous knights of the Phantom Blade.

"Thanks. Good to know," Niloofar answered the aspirants in a straight tone, stepping back in front of Mehran as she seized the seal from the stony individual. Wasting no time, she pressed the seal on the empty cloth next to the Silver Hand's sigil, a faint glow forming the pattern onto her uniform before she tossed the seal back to Mehran. Raising an eyebrow, Mehran questioned in their own tongue, "[was that wise? Your hair might change colour again-"

"[Don't be silly. It's not like I'm using any magic, brother,]" Nloofar grunted in reply, "[calm down.]" Shifting her gaze back at the aspirants, she answered in a critical tone, "I'll pass. I'm not interested in blood sport. I'd ask that he be taken off, but I don't think you'll agree to it since he's that adamant. Try not to get anyone killed, please."

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:"Alright then, that would be the elder Shirazi, Arn and Ignobilis participating." He stated. "Who else would like to participate in the Silver Games? You're welcome if you want to, Niloofar. Same to you, Eamonn, unless you're feeling too sick to fight." He said to the students under his care.

Pulling a long frown, Eamonn did not appreciate the kind of tone being delivered to him. To the aspirants' credit, they were taking his antagonism quite well, as expected of their jobs. However, Eamonn's lack of words seemed to be piling the misconceptions. Unless he was actually willing to open up, he seemed set on a messy confrontation.

"I'll go," stated Eamonn, his sleepless eyes glaring right into the souls of each and every one of his peers, "I need some practice myself."
Last edited by Wolfenium on Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:13 am

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Aressa looked back at Eamonn upon noticing him reply to her question with a long stare. She heard him grunt out 'no' with a sour mood and saw him begin heading to the back of the group. Frowning slightly, she called out to him. "Eamonn, come back here." She ordered, though without much force behind the command, not believing that shouting at him was going to accomplish much at the moment. "If you are not feeling fine, then you need to tell us so that we can see what is wrong with you. The last thing we need is for one of you to get sick before classes even start." She said calmly, but firmly. "If there is something wrong, you can tell us. We aren't your guides for nothing, you know." She told him, expecting him to understand the situation, before moving on to something else, noticing that a girl had arrived and was handing her a set of documents for her to review, explaining that she'd transfered to their group. Raising her eyebrows ever so slightly, Aressa reviewed the documents, flipping through them rather quickly. Everything seemed to be in order, so the red-haired aspirant nodded and passed the stack of papers to Arcander before addressing the girl.

"Very well then. Everything seems to be in order. Welcome to the group, Niloofar Shirazi. I presume you already know our names if you transferred specifically to be with us, so I will spare you the introductions." She said with courtesy. "Your brother there has a seal with the symbol of the Order of Xorshid, if you would like to bear it in your uniform during your stay with us, like Brightshield with his flame." She added afterwards, pointing at the symbol of the green flame over the crescent moon that was present on Arcander's chest, opposite to the Silver Hand.

Arcander, meanwhile, had been quietly snickering at the show put on by Mehran and his sister Niloofar. His ears weren't as acute as to catch the more sensitive bits and pieces of what was being discussed, of course, but regardless of that, he was very amused to hear the comparatively smaller girl qualify the older one with words such as 'autism', 'clown' and 'blind'. He attempted to suppress his snickering upon noticing that Mehran had turned back to the group, only partially succeeding, and decided to focus on other things. The girl seemed to have asked for transferring, for some reason, most likely to keep tabs on her 'autist' brother, the senior thought as he chuckled once again. Looking over the papers Aressa handed him, he, too, saw nothing wrong with them, and so, he placed them in one of his pockets for the time being, before addressing the students once again.

"Alright then, that would be the elder Shirazi, Arn and Ignobilis participating." He stated. "Who else would like to participate in the Silver Games? You're welcome if you want to, Niloofar. Same to you, Eamonn, unless you're feeling too sick to fight." He said to the students under his care.

Both Vyna and Jynna had recited in the Phantom Oath with the others, both out of reverence and force of habit. Both were more than determined to take the headmaster up on his dare. For Vyna, she had come this far, she wasn't about to let anything this place could throw at the Ayendor stop her from reaching her ambitions. For Jyn, it was more a feeling that she would enjoy it here, it was a strange feeling, but she felt this was the right path for her.

Vyna was intrigued by the Silver Games. She always liked testing her skills against others. "I would very much like to participate... as would my sister, Jyn..." She said, knowing Jyn would like something like this. She supposed it would not be dissimilar to the duels they had fought with each other earlier in their lives.

Jyn nodded slightly. "Sure, why not?"

Wolfenium wrote:
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:-snip-

Shifting back to face the aspirants, Eamonn seemed well adept at giving people the silent treatment. He pondered a bit at Aressa's assurances, questioning just how sincere the guides actually were. In any case, he was in no mood to express his own problems. In all honesty, he could very well imagine the kind of responses he could expect from the self-righteous knights of the Phantom Blade.

"Thanks. Good to know," Niloofar answered the aspirants in a straight tone, stepping back in front of Mehran as she seized the seal from the stony individual. Wasting no time, she pressed the seal on the empty cloth next to the Silver Hand's sigil, a faint glow forming the pattern onto her uniform before she tossed the seal back to Mehran. Raising an eyebrow, Mehran questioned in their own tongue, "[was that wise? Your hair might change colour again-"

"[Don't be silly. It's not like I'm using any magic, brother,]" Nloofar grunted in reply, "[calm down.]" Shifting her gaze back at the aspirants, she answered in a critical tone, "I'll pass. I'm not interested in blood sport. I'd ask that he be taken off, but I don't think you'll agree to it since he's that adamant. Try not to get anyone killed."

Jyn looked over to Nloofar and Mehran. She realised very quickly their brother and sister relationship. She was eager to meet Mehran's adopted sister, seeing as he had spoken briefly about his family. She moved over to them, a warm smile. "Hello. Nice to meet you Nloofar." She said in introduction. "So... You're Mehran's sister?"
Last edited by Charmera on Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:32 am

Charmera wrote:
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Aressa looked back at Eamonn upon noticing him reply to her question with a long stare. She heard him grunt out 'no' with a sour mood and saw him begin heading to the back of the group. Frowning slightly, she called out to him. "Eamonn, come back here." She ordered, though without much force behind the command, not believing that shouting at him was going to accomplish much at the moment. "If you are not feeling fine, then you need to tell us so that we can see what is wrong with you. The last thing we need is for one of you to get sick before classes even start." She said calmly, but firmly. "If there is something wrong, you can tell us. We aren't your guides for nothing, you know." She told him, expecting him to understand the situation, before moving on to something else, noticing that a girl had arrived and was handing her a set of documents for her to review, explaining that she'd transfered to their group. Raising her eyebrows ever so slightly, Aressa reviewed the documents, flipping through them rather quickly. Everything seemed to be in order, so the red-haired aspirant nodded and passed the stack of papers to Arcander before addressing the girl.

"Very well then. Everything seems to be in order. Welcome to the group, Niloofar Shirazi. I presume you already know our names if you transferred specifically to be with us, so I will spare you the introductions." She said with courtesy. "Your brother there has a seal with the symbol of the Order of Xorshid, if you would like to bear it in your uniform during your stay with us, like Brightshield with his flame." She added afterwards, pointing at the symbol of the green flame over the crescent moon that was present on Arcander's chest, opposite to the Silver Hand.

Arcander, meanwhile, had been quietly snickering at the show put on by Mehran and his sister Niloofar. His ears weren't as acute as to catch the more sensitive bits and pieces of what was being discussed, of course, but regardless of that, he was very amused to hear the comparatively smaller girl qualify the older one with words such as 'autism', 'clown' and 'blind'. He attempted to suppress his snickering upon noticing that Mehran had turned back to the group, only partially succeeding, and decided to focus on other things. The girl seemed to have asked for transferring, for some reason, most likely to keep tabs on her 'autist' brother, the senior thought as he chuckled once again. Looking over the papers Aressa handed him, he, too, saw nothing wrong with them, and so, he placed them in one of his pockets for the time being, before addressing the students once again.

"Alright then, that would be the elder Shirazi, Arn and Ignobilis participating." He stated. "Who else would like to participate in the Silver Games? You're welcome if you want to, Niloofar. Same to you, Eamonn, unless you're feeling too sick to fight." He said to the students under his care.

Both Vyna and Jynna had recited in the Phantom Oath with the others, both out of reverence and force of habit. Both were more than determined to take the headmaster up on his dare. For Vyna, she had come this far, she wasn't about to let anything this place could throw at the Ayendor stop her from reaching her ambitions. For Jyn, it was more a feeling that she would enjoy it here, it was a strange feeling, but she felt this was the right path for her.

Vyna was intrigued by the Silver Games. She always liked testing her skills against others. "I would very much like to participate... as would my sister, Jyn..." She said, knowing Jyn would like something like this. She supposed it would not be dissimilar to the duels they had fought with each other earlier in their lives.

Wolfenium wrote:

"[Don't be silly. It's not like I'm using any magic, brother,]" Nloofar grunted in reply, "[calm down.]" Shifting her gaze back at the aspirants, she answered in a critical tone, "I'll pass. I'm not interested in blood sport. I'd ask that he be taken off, but I don't think you'll agree to it since he's that adamant. Try not to get anyone killed."

Jyn looked over to Nloofar and Mehran. She realised very quickly their brother and sister relationship. She moved over to them, a warm smile. "Hello. Nice to meet you Nloofar." She said in introduction. "So... You're Mehran's sister?"

"Hm," went the girl, turning back at the call with a ginger smile, "はい, I'm his younger sister. We may not be related by blood, but he is family. I took it you've spoken with him, since you know his name. You are?"

Offering a hand, Niloofar appeared a more forthcoming and informal than the 'edgelord' in shades. She certainly gave an air of sincerity and friendliness that the scoffing warrior would have had trouble presenting. More importantly, she, and by extension, Mehran, did not identify with class stature as those of the Phantom Blade did. Unlike them, the Xorshids' hierarchy was based on merit, with the complete absence of nobility or feudal status in their society. There were those who had outstanding lineages which would have warranted prestige, but those were duly earned by the scholars who actively sought to live up to their ancestors' achievements rather than rest on their laurels. Greatness, by the Xorshid creed, was not inheritable, but accomplished by one's own strength.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:50 am

Wolfenium wrote:
Charmera wrote:Both Vyna and Jynna had recited in the Phantom Oath with the others, both out of reverence and force of habit. Both were more than determined to take the headmaster up on his dare. For Vyna, she had come this far, she wasn't about to let anything this place could throw at the Ayendor stop her from reaching her ambitions. For Jyn, it was more a feeling that she would enjoy it here, it was a strange feeling, but she felt this was the right path for her.

Jyn looked over to Nloofar and Mehran. She realised very quickly their brother and sister relationship. She moved over to them, a warm smile. "Hello. Nice to meet you Nloofar." She said in introduction. "So... You're Mehran's sister?"

"Hm," went the girl, turning back at the call with a ginger smile, "はい, I'm his younger sister. We may not be related by blood, but he is family. I took it you've spoken with him, since you know his name. You are?"

Offering a hand, Niloofar appeared a more forthcoming and informal than the 'edgelord' in shades. She certainly gave an air of sincerity and friendliness that the scoffing warrior would have had trouble presenting. More importantly, she, and by extension, Mehran, did not identify with class stature as those of the Phantom Blade did. Unlike them, the Xorshids' hierarchy was based on merit, with the complete absence of nobility or feudal status in their society. There were those who had outstanding lineages which would have warranted prestige, but those were duly earned by the scholars who actively sought to live up to their ancestors' achievements rather than rest on their laurels. Greatness, by the Xorshid creed, was not inheritable, but accomplished by one's own strength.

"I'm Jynna, but really you can just call me Jyn." She replied, glad to have found someone as informal as she. She never really felt comfortable with too much formality, while her other siblings seemed to adheer to it. She was almost always the odd one out in many respects, especially her hair, which wasn't the family silver. "Yup, we spoke on the chariot over here. Though he mostly spoke with my sister, Vyna." She indicated with a slight head gesture to the silver haired girl still in front of Arcander. Vyna turned slightly and politely waved, before turning back, noting she should go over once she had talked to Arcander.

"So, how was your chariot ride over here? We had an interesting... disturbance." Jyn replied.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:17 am

Charmera wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:

"I'm Jynna, but really you can just call me Jyn." She replied, glad to have found someone as informal as she. She never really felt comfortable with too much formality, while her other siblings seemed to adheer to it. She was almost always the odd one out in many respects, especially her hair, which wasn't the family silver. "Yup, we spoke on the chariot over here. Though he mostly spoke with my sister, Vyna." She indicated with a slight head gesture to the silver haired girl still in front of Arcander. Vyna turned slightly and politely waved, before turning back, noting she should go over once she had talked to Arcander.

"So, how was your chariot ride over here? We had an interesting... disturbance." Jyn replied.

"Ah, I see," Niloofar went, "I'll call you Jyn then, since you don't mind. I'm not that fond of formality. I feel stiff not speaking my mind. Besides which, if you find my name a bit hard to pronouce, you can always call me Ren, short for Suiren. It's hard to abbreviate a name like Niloofar, and Suiren was my old name, basically the same meaning as my current one."

Feeling a bit ill at ease, Niloofar was not sure how to answer the disturbance. Glancing between the floor and Jyn's eyes, she admitted, "a bad omen, if you ask me. Things like these do not happen without cause. But I don't think it's within our capacity to investigate as of yet. I'm sure the authorities can handle it once we report them, if no one else had."

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:39 am

Wolfenium wrote:
Charmera wrote:"I'm Jynna, but really you can just call me Jyn." She replied, glad to have found someone as informal as she. She never really felt comfortable with too much formality, while her other siblings seemed to adheer to it. She was almost always the odd one out in many respects, especially her hair, which wasn't the family silver. "Yup, we spoke on the chariot over here. Though he mostly spoke with my sister, Vyna." She indicated with a slight head gesture to the silver haired girl still in front of Arcander. Vyna turned slightly and politely waved, before turning back, noting she should go over once she had talked to Arcander.

"Ah, I see," Niloofar went, "I'll call you Jyn then, since you don't mind. I'm not that fond of formality. I feel stiff not speaking my mind. Besides which, if you find my name a bit hard to pronouce, you can always call me Ren, short for Suiren. It's hard to abbreviate a name like Niloofar, and Suiren was my old name, basically the same meaning as my current one."

Feeling a bit ill at ease, Niloofar was not sure how to answer the disturbance. Glancing between the floor and Jyn's eyes, she admitted, "a bad omen, if you ask me. Things like these do not happen without cause. But I don't think it's within our capacity to investigate as of yet. I'm sure the authorities can handle it once we report them, if no one else had."

"Ren... Sounds good." She replied, nodding and smiling wider. She liked giving people nicknames or shortening their names, Jyn tended to find it helped bridge social gaps, especially the ones created by her social class. She then saw Niloofar's (or Ren, as she would call her) discomfort, and her own face fell only slightly. "Omens are things best heeded, but fate is unchanging. It is not in our hands to change things that are to come, so I would not loose any sleep over it if I were you. Besides, we're skilled fighters, that much has been proven by the fact that we are here, we should be able to handle most things." She replied, then shrugged. That was a bit cocky of her. "Though, that's merely my view."

She decided to change the subject, "You seemed quite opposed to the Silver Games. Why is that?' She asked curiously, hoping she wasn't prodding too far. "Sorry if it seems I'm interrogating you, I'm really just curious by nature."
Last edited by Charmera on Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:57 am

Charmera wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:

"Ren... Sounds good." She replied, nodding and smiling wider. She liked giving people nicknames or shortening their names, Jyn tended to find it helped bridge social gaps, especially the ones created by her social class. She then saw Niloofar's (or Ren, as she would call her) discomfort, and her own face fell only slightly. "Omens are things best heeded, but fate is unchanging. It is not in our hands to change things that are to come, so I would not loose any sleep over it if I were you. Besides, we're skilled fighters, that much has been proven by the fact that we are here, we should be able to handle most things." She replied, then shrugged. That was a bit cocky of her. "Though, that's merely my view."

She decided to change the subject, "You seemed quite opposed to the Silver Games. Why is that?' She asked curiously, hoping she wasn't prodding too far. "Sorry if it seems I'm interrogating you, I'm really just curious by nature."

"I don't think fate is set in stone until the present become past," Niloofar informed Jyn, "but like you said, no point worrying over things beyond our reach. It does pay to be careful, though. We're only human, and hell if I know what will happen."

Rubbing her shoulders at the next query, Niloofar answered in discomfort, "it's ok. It's not like you're asking me anything private. I just think that duels are a waste of energy. It plays on the egos of fighters and encourages violence. I'm fine with sparring, since it's practice, but fighting as an means of entertainment isn't something I approve of. I guess it's just me."

Escalan Corps-Star Island
Senator

Founded: May 07, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Escalan Corps-Star Island » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:41 am

You will learn to fight and you will learn to bleed. Kiri liked the sound of the former, and figured she could avoid at least some of the latter if her terrible luck didn't interfere. As for being dared to stay– well, as far as she was concerned, one didn't travel all the way to the Academy to about-face, tuck tail, and skedaddle. If nothing else, her parents had allowed her to come in the first place, so she ought at least take advantage of that. She studied Augustus more closely as he finished. He appeared stern though not unkind, features partially hidden by his brow and the light, and exuded an air of being someone to trust and respect. With her typical impulsivity, Kiri decided she liked him and his Academy as well.

Those who come from the lands of Sylvalladine, repeat after me. Although Kiri had lived all her life in a Cathedral of the Phantom Blade, she hadn't heard the Oath all that frequently. Obviously, part of this was because of her family's origins, with another Order and another Cathedral, with the legacy of Kolémeyn. But at the sound of the words of the Oath resonating through the space, Kiri remembered it and joined the chorus of students, reciting the words that would come to define the next few years of their lives.

"I, the wishful warrior,
Promise to become the shield of my people,
To bring lasting peace to our lands,
And protect them with my life;
Promise to become the sword of my people,
To bring swift defeat to our enemies,
And banish them with my might;
Promise to become the spirit of my people,
To bring hope to their hearts,
And inspire them with my light.
By the honor and blood of those who walked before us,
And the hearts and hopes of those who are yet to come,
I, the wishful warrior, promise to serve the Phantom Blade."

The silence that followed in the wake of the room left the room feeling eerily empty, as if some great force had passed through their midst in a rush of soundless wind, then left them to wonder at the stillness. Kiri lowered her hand from her breast and stood solemnly as she listened to Augustus conclude the ceremony. His closing plea, that she not forget whence she had come and that she remember where she must travel, resonated with her as well. She turned her head after he had passed from the room feeling strangely lightheaded. She was relieved too; with the ritual welcome finished, everyone seemed more relaxed and generally open, which was always good. She watched as Arcander tossed Mehran a seal with the Xorshid emblem impressed upon it, and smiled. I guess there's something to be said for showing your differences up front. That way people might know what to expect a little better. She resolved to think about pestering her father for a Teeth of Winter emblem to frighten her friends.

Paying attention to Aressa once more, who was offering the group a chance to participate in a contest of minds and weapons. Kiri was immediately captivated by this idea; she'd come to this school to train these skills, and she figured it was better to start as soon as possible. "Miss," she suddenly called to Aressa, "where are these Silver Games? Also, is there any chance I could go to my dormitory beforehand to drop off all my extra stuff? I feel like a bit more information about the setting for these duels could be nice as well."
She stopped suddenly, a bit embarrassed by asking Aressa so many questions without giving her a chance to breathe. She tried to hide her discomfort by playing with her hair, tucking it behind her ears. He hand dropped to the bag at her feet, from whence she drew a light, simple energy-sword, without ornamentation save for a crimson button on the hilt. Kiri began to make broad strokes without engaging the blade, dancing and spinning in circles like a girl while she awaited an answer.

You will learn to fight and you will learn to bleed. Kiri liked the sound of the former, and figured she could avoid at least some of the latter if her terrible luck didn't interfere. As for being dared to stay– well, as far as she was concerned, one didn't travel all the way to the Academy to about-face, tuck tail, and skedaddle. If nothing else, her parents had allowed her to come in the first place, so she ought at least take advantage of that. She studied Augustus more closely as he finished. He appeared stern though not unkind, features partially hidden by his brow and the light, and exuded an air of being someone to trust and respect. With her typical impulsivity, Kiri decided she liked him and his Academy as well.

Los que han venido de los terrenos de Sylvalladine, repitan después de mí. Aunque Kiri había crecido toda su vida en un Catedral de la Orden de la Espada Fantasmal, no oyó esta juramento frecuentemente. Obviamente, una parte de esto viene de las orígenes de su familia, con otra orden y otra catedral, con el legado de Kolémeyn. Pero al sonido de las palabras del juramento resonando por el espacio, Kiri lo recordó también y se unió con el coro de estudiantes, recitando las frases que definirán los próximos años de sus vidas:

"I, the wishful warrior,
Promise to become the shield of my people,
To bring lasting peace to our lands,
And protect them with my life;
Promise to become the sword of my people,
To bring swift defeat to our enemies,
And banish them with my might;
Promise to become the spirit of my people,
To bring hope to their hearts,
And inspire them with my light.
By the honor and blood of those who walked before us,
And the hearts and hopes of those who are yet to come,
I, the wishful warrior, promise to serve the Phantom Blade."

The silence that followed in the wake of the room left the room feeling eerily empty, as if some great force had passed through their midst in a rush of soundless wind, then left them to wonder at the stillness. Kiri lowered her hand from her breast and stood solemnly as she listened to Augustus conclude the ceremony. His closing plea, that she not forget whence she had come and that she remember where she must travel, resonated with her as well. She turned her head after he had passed from the room feeling strangely lightheaded. She was relieved too; with the ritual welcome finished, everyone seemed more relaxed and generally open, which was always good. She watched as Arcander tossed Mehran a seal with the Xorshid emblem impressed upon it, and smiled. I guess there's something to be said for showing your differences up front. That way people might know what to expect a little better. She resolved to think about pestering her father for a Teeth of Winter emblem to frighten her friends.

Prestó atención otra vez a Aressa, quien les ofreció a los compañeros la oportunidad de participar en alguna competencia de mentes y armas. Kiri fue cautivado instantaneamente por ese concepto; decidió asistir al colegio aquí para entrenerse de esta manera, y pensaba que debe empezar pronto. "Señorita," le gritó de repente a Aressa, "¿dónde estarán estas Juegos de Plata? ¿Y también hay posibilidad de ir a mi dormitorio antes de que participamos para dejar el equipaje que no será imprescindible? Pienso que un poco más información sobre el contexto de estas luchas sea deseable también." Dejó de hablar inesperadamente, un poco avergonzada por preguntar a Aressa tanta sin darle espacio para respirar. Trató a esconder sus sentimientos incómodos por jugando con su pelo, poniéndola detrás de sus orejas. Su mano se movió a la bolsilla que estaba a sus pies, y sacó una espada de energía lígera y sencilla, sin ornamentación excluyendo una botón carmesí en la empuñadura. Kiri empezó a hacer oscilaciones grandes sin encender la energía, bailando y hacer vueltas como niña mientras esperaba una respuesta.
Last edited by Escalan Corps-Star Island on Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:40 pm

Wolfenium wrote:
Charmera wrote:"Ren... Sounds good." She replied, nodding and smiling wider. She liked giving people nicknames or shortening their names, Jyn tended to find it helped bridge social gaps, especially the ones created by her social class. She then saw Niloofar's (or Ren, as she would call her) discomfort, and her own face fell only slightly. "Omens are things best heeded, but fate is unchanging. It is not in our hands to change things that are to come, so I would not loose any sleep over it if I were you. Besides, we're skilled fighters, that much has been proven by the fact that we are here, we should be able to handle most things." She replied, then shrugged. That was a bit cocky of her. "Though, that's merely my view."

"I don't think fate is set in stone until the present become past," Niloofar informed Jyn, "but like you said, no point worrying over things beyond our reach. It does pay to be careful, though. We're only human, and hell if I know what will happen."

Rubbing her shoulders at the next query, Niloofar answered in discomfort, "it's ok. It's not like you're asking me anything private. I just think that duels are a waste of energy. It plays on the egos of fighters and encourages violence. I'm fine with sparring, since it's practice, but fighting as an means of entertainment isn't something I approve of. I guess it's just me."

Jyn shrugged. "I'd agree with you if they were duels to the death. But they seem to be nonlethal, so for me this an opertunity." She replied. "For me, dueling is a good way to get to know people better. You can learn a lot about a person through their combat, and friendly duels are a good way to do that. It tends to help break down social barriers too. In fact, for a while it was a good way for me and my siblings to meet people outside our family." Then she frowned slightly. "Though you are right, it does play on fighters egos. Also people can get more than a little too competitive about these things..."

"However, as long as no one gets hurt, I don't really have any problems with it." She continued, shrugging her broad shoulders again. "Speaking of entertainment, what do you and Mehran do for fun?"

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:42 pm

Arcander glanced in Ellyn's direction as she stepped forward, stating that she wanted to participate in the Silver Games. He smiled slightly and nodded at her, pleased that so many of their recruits seemed to be willing to participate. He was certainly looking forward to seeing them in action, not because he was looking for entertainment, but because it was a good opportunity to see the abilities, strengths and weaknesses of the recruits first-hand, something that he and Aressa agreed on. Knowing the strong and weak points of their recruits was certainly one of the duties of the guides, after all.

"Alright, we have one Ellyn Tarembor on board as well, then." The white-haired guide said after hearing out Ellyn, wearing his usual smile. "I guess the games will be an interesting thing to watch this year." He commented, as if to encourage those who had already expressed their intention to participate.

Not long after, Eamonn expressed his desire to take part in the Silver Games as well. Nodding at him, Arcander spoke. "Good. I guess you're not very sick, then, if you're still fit enough to fight." He said, turning to the elder Ayendor afterwards, nodding at her as well. "The two sisters are coming too. Alright then, two Ayendors on board as well." He confirmed, smiling at Vyna before turning his attention to the others, to see if anyone else was going to participate.

Aressa, meanwhile, sighed slightly as she observed Eamonn simply ignore her and walk away. He really didn't seem to understand that she was not his enemy, it seemed, but no matter, he would have to come to understand such a thing later if he wanted to be able to count on the support of his guides, and if he did not, then that was his loss. The red-haired aspirant in the golden robe was perfectly willing to assist any of her recruits, but she was not going to go out of her way to make them understand this or force them to tell her their problems.

As her thoughts continued drifting in that direction, she suddenly heard Niloofar speak, asking them not to let anyone get killed during the games. At this, the aspirant couldn't avoid chuckling a little. "Oh, of course, we will not allow anyone to receive fatal injuries during the Silver Games. There are many measures in place to prevent such a thing from happening, not to mention that we, the aspirants, will be watching, along with the Academy's menders, in case something does go wrong." She clarified. "Speaking of which, those of you who have brought their own weapons, call them forth and hand them over. We have to adjust them before you can fight with them. Those of you that don't, fret not, we have to stop by the armory first in either case, so we can pick up weapons for you on the way." She informed everyone, expecting them to begin relinquishing their weapons.

However, before that, she noticed Kiri approaching her and addressing her, making quite a lot of questions in a short span of time. The red-haired woman had to pause and collect her thoughts before answering the recruit's inquiries. "The Silver Games will be held simultaneously in several of the stadiums we have in the Academy, first on smaller ones during the duel phase, and then on larger ones to accomodate the greater ammount of students during the team phase." She explained.

"The stadiums have an elevated area for observers and a depressed flat area where the battles will take place. This is so that the spectators won't be endangered if one of you gets tossed around too harshly." Arcander continued from where Aressa left off, his smile taking on a slightly mischievous look.

"Arc, show a little more faith in our charges." Aressa chided him, shaking her head, to which Arcander merely chuckled.

"I was kidding, Ari. Anyway, you will fight in a closed off flat area, as I said, so it will be mostly a battle of skills. During the second phase, however, there will be irregular terrain and obstacles set up to make things more interesting, not to mention special rules- OW!" The white-haired aspirant explained, finishing just in time to receive a karate chop to the head. Clutching the assaulted area, he turned around to see Aressa glaring harshly at him.

"As for your luggage..." She said, turning back to Kiri. "The dorms are relatively close to the armory, so we can stop by so you can drop off your stuff before the Silver Games begin. We should have enough time." She nodded. "Does anyone else wish to participate? Spectating without participating is also allowed. You may want to keep an eye on your brother that way, Niloofar."
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:26 pm

Charmera wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:

Jyn shrugged. "I'd agree with you if they were duels to the death. But they seem to be nonlethal, so for me this an opportunity." She replied. "For me, dueling is a good way to get to know people better. You can learn a lot about a person through their combat, and friendly duels are a good way to do that. It tends to help break down social barriers too. In fact, for a while it was a good way for me and my siblings to meet people outside our family." Then she frowned slightly. "Though you are right, it does play on fighters egos. Also people can get more than a little too competitive about these things..."

"However, as long as no one gets hurt, I don't really have any problems with it." She continued, shrugging her broad shoulders again. "Speaking of entertainment, what do you and Mehran do for fun?"

"I personally don't buy the 'friendship through fists' routine, but to each his own," Niloofar replied, dropping her arm as she felt a bit more easy, "as for fun, not much, I suppose. Mehran never really shows any enthusiasm beyond battle. I tend to worry that he might become a blood knight like the old Ayça, but I might just bee too paranoid. Me?... It's hard to say. I don't really have any hobbies beyond martial arts training, so I can't really say what I find 'fun'. I don't suppose you could recommend any?"

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:13 am

Wolfenium wrote:
Charmera wrote:Jyn shrugged. "I'd agree with you if they were duels to the death. But they seem to be nonlethal, so for me this an opportunity." She replied. "For me, dueling is a good way to get to know people better. You can learn a lot about a person through their combat, and friendly duels are a good way to do that. It tends to help break down social barriers too. In fact, for a while it was a good way for me and my siblings to meet people outside our family." Then she frowned slightly. "Though you are right, it does play on fighters egos. Also people can get more than a little too competitive about these things..."

"I personally don't buy the 'friendship through fists' routine, but to each his own," Niloofar replied, dropping her arm as she felt a bit more easy, "as for fun, not much, I suppose. Mehran never really shows any enthusiasm beyond battle. I tend to worry that he might become a blood knight like the old Ayça, but I might just bee too paranoid. Me?... It's hard to say. I don't really have any hobbies beyond martial arts training, so I can't really say what I find 'fun'. I don't suppose you could recommend any?"

"it's not a routine... It's the truth." Jyn said, actually hurt a little that she would think that she was lying about that, though she seemed to get over it. She smiled again. "You want me to recommend a hobby? Well..." She thought for a second, bringing a hand to her chin in thought. "I personally do a lot of wood-crafting and metal-work, but you might find those a little dull... Some people find Art a fun hobby, and I know my sister enjoys music..." She replied. "Well, it honestly depends... do you like anything outside of martial arts and combat?"

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:45 pm

Charmera wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:

"it's not a routine... It's the truth." Jyn said, actually hurt a little that she would think that she was lying about that, though she seemed to get over it. She smiled again. "You want me to recommend a hobby? Well..." She thought for a second, bringing a hand to her chin in thought. "I personally do a lot of wood-crafting and metal-work, but you might find those a little dull... Some people find Art a fun hobby, and I know my sister enjoys music..." She replied. "Well, it honestly depends... do you like anything outside of martial arts and combat?"

"I'm not sure," Niloofar stated, "I studied metallurgy back in Mervarid, so I think I'm quite interested in it. Other than that, I guess I haven't really tried looking."

Something about her spoke of an aversion to combat in general. Her eyes drifting away as Jyn refuted her claim, she appeared discomforted by the notion in general. On the surface, it was not much of a problem, a reaction expected of pacifists. But there appeared a sense that Niloofar was critical of violence for a more personal reason, a reason she was not keen of sharing at the moment.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:23 pm

Wolfenium wrote:
Charmera wrote:"it's not a routine... It's the truth." Jyn said, actually hurt a little that she would think that she was lying about that, though she seemed to get over it. She smiled again. "You want me to recommend a hobby? Well..." She thought for a second, bringing a hand to her chin in thought. "I personally do a lot of wood-crafting and metal-work, but you might find those a little dull... Some people find Art a fun hobby, and I know my sister enjoys music..." She replied. "Well, it honestly depends... do you like anything outside of martial arts and combat?"

"I'm not sure," Niloofar stated, "I studied metallurgy back in Mervarid, so I think I'm quite interested in it. Other than that, I guess I haven't really tried looking."

Something about her spoke of an aversion to combat in general. Her eyes drifting away as Jyn refuted her claim, she appeared discomforted by the notion in general. On the surface, it was not much of a problem, a reaction expected of pacifists. But there appeared a sense that Niloofar was critical of violence for a more personal reason, a reason she was not keen of sharing at the moment.

Jyn somewhat sensed this. Deciding not to press the issue any further. In fact she felt a little guilty for making the other girl uncomfortable. She nodded. "Well, you should try and find something. In fact, I'd be glad to help you." She replied, smiling again, hoping to rob Ren of her discomfort. "Metallurgy... I think we might be able to find a workshop, or something. Well, depending on whether we can have a break from our studies."

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:41 pm

Charmera wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:

Jyn somewhat sensed this. Deciding not to press the issue any further. In fact she felt a little guilty for making the other girl uncomfortable. She nodded. "Well, you should try and find something. In fact, I'd be glad to help you." She replied, smiling again, hoping to rob Ren of her discomfort. "Metallurgy... I think we might be able to find a workshop, or something. Well, depending on whether we can have a break from our studies."

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:"As for your luggage..." She said, turning back to Kiri. "The dorms are relatively close to the armory, so we can stop by so you can drop off your stuff before the Silver Games begin. We should have enough time." She nodded. "Does anyone else wish to participate? Spectating without participating is also allowed. You may want to keep an eye on your brother that way, Niloofar."

"Wouldn't hurt to ask," replied the Xorshid girl, smiling again. Stepping over to the aspirants, Niloofar answered the Aressa, "I thought it was a given that we'll be allowed to participate. Nice to know, nonetheless. Besides which, do you have a workshop here in the Silver Hand? What facilities are we allowed to access here?"

The Unites State-Of-Minds
Ambassador

Founded: May 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unites State-Of-Minds » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:22 am

Charmera wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:

Arogisl's ears perked at the mention of metallurgy. He hadn't anything to do until their keepers deemed the time appropriate to move to the location of the so called Silver Games, and had returned to observing his companions in the meantime. Two female students had been chatting off to the side of the group without him paying much mind until one brought up the study of metals. Looking at the two, there seemed to be some tension, most likely from a previous area of conversation when he wasn't paying attention. Before he could decide whether or not to involve himself within the discussion, the darker haired girl left the other and began speaking with one of the aspirants, leaving the fair haired one on her own. There was never a better chance to join in then after one left, so Arogisl took the opportunity and stepped up.

"Hello... Ah...Pardon my interjection, but am I correct in hearing some discussion of metallurgical study? I have some interest in the field as well as experience."

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:04 am

The Unites State-Of-Minds wrote:
Charmera wrote:Jyn somewhat sensed this. Deciding not to press the issue any further. In fact she felt a little guilty for making the other girl uncomfortable. She nodded. "Well, you should try and find something. In fact, I'd be glad to help you." She replied, smiling again, hoping to rob Ren of her discomfort. "Metallurgy... I think we might be able to find a workshop, or something. Well, depending on whether we can have a break from our studies."

Arogisl's ears perked at the mention of metallurgy. He hadn't anything to do until their keepers deemed the time appropriate to move to the location of the so called Silver Games, and had returned to observing his companions in the meantime. Two female students had been chatting off to the side of the group without him paying much mind until one brought up the study of metals. Looking at the two, there seemed to be some tension, most likely from a previous area of conversation when he wasn't paying attention. Before he could decide whether or not to involve himself within the discussion, the darker haired girl left the other and began speaking with one of the aspirants, leaving the fair haired one on her own. There was never a better chance to join in then after one left, so Arogisl took the opportunity and stepped up.

"Hello... Ah...Pardon my interjection, but am I correct in hearing some discussion of metallurgical study? I have some interest in the field as well as experience."

Jyn was about to follow Ren when Arogisl seemed to come over. "Oh, hello." Jyn replied, with a smile. She didn't know this newcomers name, not having talked to him on the chariot, However now she was eager to learn more about him, after all she had to know more about her teammates. "Indeed, we were just talking about that. Ren, the person I was talking to, just went over to Arc to see if there is a workshop nearby. I spent some time learning about metallurgy too. Though, I'm hardly an expert..." She replied. "Oh, we haven't been introduced. So sorry. I'm Jynna, or Jyn if you prefer."

Vyna meanwhile had nodded to Arc. A soft smile on her face. She then moved over to Jyn, but noticed she was talking to someone else. She stayed silent for now, but was ready to interject soon.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unites State-Of-Minds » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:21 am

Charmera wrote:

Jyn was about to follow Ren when Arogisl seemed to come over. "Oh, hello." Jyn replied, with a smile. She didn't know this newcomers name, not having talked to him on the chariot, However now she was eager to learn more about him, after all she had to know more about her teammates. "Indeed, we were just talking about that. Ren, the person I was talking to, just went over to Arc to see if there is a workshop nearby. I spent some time learning about metallurgy too. Though, I'm hardly an expert..." She replied. "Oh, we haven't been introduced. So sorry. I'm Jynna, or Jyn if you prefer."

Vyna meanwhile had nodded to Arc. A soft smile on her face. She then moved over to Jyn, but noticed she was talking to someone else. She stayed silent for now, but was ready to interject soon.

Arogisl couldn't help but to return her smile with his own, as she had pointed out a grievous error of his etiquette made in haste. Not in any accusatory manner, or of any indication that she acknowledged any transgression. He already found himself enjoying her presence.

"You are most correct, where are my manners. I go by Arogisl, and you may call me by whatever is your preference. Although I would hardly expect any of us to be experts, as we are still little more then infants. Less then two decades do many of us have to our names when our elders may measure their lifespans in centuries. We are but dabblers as of yet, yet it is in a place such as this that we might learn from true masters and show our worth. It is both terrifying and exciting beyond words."

Arogisl's smile grew somewhat sheepish as he paused before continuing. "And I suppose my nervousness is all too clear with how readily I allow my words to run away from me. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Jynna."

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:46 am

Charmera wrote:Jyn was about to follow Ren when Arogisl seemed to come over. "Oh, hello." Jyn replied, with a smile. She didn't know this newcomers name, not having talked to him on the chariot, However now she was eager to learn more about him, after all she had to know more about her teammates. "Indeed, we were just talking about that. Ren, the person I was talking to, just went over to Arc to see if there is a workshop nearby. I spent some time learning about metallurgy too. Though, I'm hardly an expert..." She replied. "Oh, we haven't been introduced. So sorry. I'm Jynna, or Jyn if you prefer."

Arogisl couldn't help but to return her smile with his own, as she had pointed out a grievous error of his etiquette made in haste. Not in any accusatory manner, or of any indication that she acknowledged any transgression. He already found himself enjoying her presence.

"You are most correct, where are my manners. I go by Arogisl, and you may call me by whatever is your preference. Although I would hardly expect any of us to be experts, as we are still little more then infants. Less then two decades do many of us have to our names when our elders may measure their lifespans in centuries. We are but dabblers as of yet, yet it is in a place such as this that we might learn from true masters and show our worth. It is both terrifying and exciting beyond words."

Arogisl's smile grew somewhat sheepish as he paused before continuing. "And I suppose my nervousness is all too clear with how readily I allow my words to run away from me. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Jynna."

Jynna's smile seemed to brighten even more when Arogisl smiled. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance too... Aro, if you don't mind me calling you that." Jynna replied. He seemed intelligent and friendly. "True. We really do have much to learn. Which, I suppose, is why we're here." She continued, nodding her head. "Really, I'm more excited than nervous..." She then noticed Vyna. "Oh, Aro, this is my sister." She indicated Vyna. "Did Arc count us in for the games?"

"Yes he did sister." She replied, Jyn sighing at such formal address, and Vyna ignored that. She turned to Aro, smiling, her eyes studying the other recruit. "Hello. As Jynna said, I am her sister. Vynaria. Pleased to meet you Arogisl."

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unites State-Of-Minds » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:28 am

Charmera wrote:

Jynna's smile seemed to brighten even more when Arogisl smiled. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance too... Aro, if you don't mind me calling you that." Jynna replied. He seemed intelligent and friendly. "True. We really do have much to learn. Which, I suppose, is why we're here." She continued, nodding her head. "Really, I'm more excited than nervous..." She then noticed Vyna. "Oh, Aro, this is my sister." She indicated Vyna. "Did Arc count us in for the games?"

"Yes he did sister." She replied, Jyn sighing at such formal address, and Vyna ignored that. She turned to Aro, smiling, her eyes studying the other recruit. "Hello. As Jynna said, I am her sister. Vynaria. Pleased to meet you Arogisl."

"A pleasure to meet the both of you." The sister, Vyna, seemed a bit wary of him. His first assumption was that she was the type to defend her sister from potential suitors. No, this isn't the same kind of place as before. He dropped the thought, too wild in assumption to be entertained. He was almost certainly reading too far into things with no provocation. Perhaps the events of the chariot ride had made him a tad biased in his presumptions.

"I take it you both look forward to participating in the Silver Games then? If nothing else it shall be interesting to see where we all stand."

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:05 am

Charmera wrote:Jynna's smile seemed to brighten even more when Arogisl smiled. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance too... Aro, if you don't mind me calling you that." Jynna replied. He seemed intelligent and friendly. "True. We really do have much to learn. Which, I suppose, is why we're here." She continued, nodding her head. "Really, I'm more excited than nervous..." She then noticed Vyna. "Oh, Aro, this is my sister." She indicated Vyna. "Did Arc count us in for the games?"

"A pleasure to meet the both of you." The sister, Vyna, seemed a bit wary of him. His first assumption was that she was the type to defend her sister from potential suitors. No, this isn't the same kind of place as before. He dropped the thought, too wild in assumption to be entertained. He was almost certainly reading too far into things with no provocation. Perhaps the events of the chariot ride had made him a tad biased in his presumptions.

"I take it you both look forward to participating in the Silver Games then? If nothing else it shall be interesting to see where we all stand."

"Indeed, I always enjoy a good competition, and duels provide good entertainment. Me and my siblings tend to enjoy sparring from time to time." Vyna remarked, an anticipation in her voice. She enjoyed duels immensely, even more than her sister Jyn who merely liked them. The thrill of one on one combat, the twirls, the twists, the sport. She lived for the honour and glory of single combat. "It will be very interesting to see the skills of the others, especially if we're going to be working together."

Jyn shrugged. "Yeah... Besides, it's just for fun after all..." She replied, a slight look of concern to her sister. "Right sis?"

"Hmm... Whatever do you mean dear sister?" Vyna replied.

"Oh.... Nothing sis." Jynna replied. Her sister could get more than a little too competitive with things like this. "Just... never-mind."

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unites State-Of-Minds » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:38 am

Charmera wrote:

"Indeed, I always enjoy a good competition, and duels provide good entertainment. Me and my siblings tend to enjoy sparring from time to time." Vyna remarked, an anticipation in her voice. She enjoyed duels immensely, even more than her sister Jyn who merely liked them. The thrill of one on one combat, the twirls, the twists, the sport. She lived for the honour and glory of single combat. "It will be very interesting to see the skills of the others, especially if we're going to be working together."

Jyn shrugged. "Yeah... Besides, it's just for fun after all..." She replied, a slight look of concern to her sister. "Right sis?"

"Oh.... Nothing sis." Jynna replied. Her sister could get more than a little too competitive with things like this. "Just... never-mind."

Arogisl chuckled at the exchange between the two sisters. It was comedic how the two would play off each other, leaving him with a desire to listen in on more of their interactions if the opportunity presented itself. Vyna seemed more the type to lose herself in the heat of the moment, although Jynna could easily be the same if engaged enough. He would have to watch their matches if able.

"Yes, friendly competition is an enjoyable way to test and improve oneself. But if I may be so bold as to inquire, what then are your preferred methods of combat? Personally I enjoy swordplay to meet an opponent."

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:59 am

Charmera wrote:"Indeed, I always enjoy a good competition, and duels provide good entertainment. Me and my siblings tend to enjoy sparring from time to time." Vyna remarked, an anticipation in her voice. She enjoyed duels immensely, even more than her sister Jyn who merely liked them. The thrill of one on one combat, the twirls, the twists, the sport. She lived for the honour and glory of single combat. "It will be very interesting to see the skills of the others, especially if we're going to be working together."

Arogisl chuckled at the exchange between the two sisters. It was comedic how the two would play off each other, leaving him with a desire to listen in on more of their interactions if the opportunity presented itself. Vyna seemed more the type to lose herself in the heat of the moment, although Jynna could easily be the same if engaged enough. He would have to watch their matches if able.

"Yes, friendly competition is an enjoyable way to test and improve oneself. But if I may be so bold as to inquire, what then are your preferred methods of combat? Personally I enjoy swordplay to meet an opponent."

"Me too," Vyna replied, nodding her head. "I prefer light blades, like my rapier here. They allow for more manoeuvrability, speed and accuracy after all." She patted the hilt of her rapier, Tempest. She would have to leave it with the aspirants and get a nonlethal blade. She looked at Arogisl more closely, he seemed intelligent, learned and generally good conversation. Vyna saw no reason why she wouldn't get on well with him. "What kind of blade do you use?"

"Well... I'm less of a fan of blades. Axes give more power after all and I prefer them." She replied with a slight chuckle. "My personal favourite is the two handed axe and I've dabbled in dual hand axes."

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unites State-Of-Minds » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:22 pm

Charmera wrote:

"Me too," Vyna replied, nodding her head. "I prefer light blades, like my rapier here. They allow for more manoeuvrability, speed and accuracy after all." She patted the hilt of her rapier, Tempest. She would have to leave it with the aspirants and get a nonlethal blade. She looked at Arogisl more closely, he seemed intelligent, learned and generally good conversation. Vyna saw no reason why she wouldn't get on well with him. "What kind of blade do you use?"

"Well... I'm less of a fan of blades. Axes give more power after all and I prefer them." She replied with a slight chuckle. "My personal favourite is the two handed axe and I've dabbled in dual hand axes."

Arogisl was quite pleased at his successful integration. Having never been exactly the sociable type, establishing interactions always provided him some form of discomfort, but the difficult step was done with, leaving him little worry for the time. He relaxed his posture a bit, and his expression became softer, slightly less guarded.

"Well, truth be told I actually have never used modern weaponry. I was trained in combat with the weapons of old, blades which were forged of metal and otherwise inert in function. We were told that before we would be given a true weapon we needed to learn all the appropriate skills for their use, and it was decided that I would finish the appropriate training here. Truth be told, its a tad discomforting to admit this, as it seems that such a custom is not the standard by which children are taught, and I fear I might be lacking for it."

While this wasn't exactly untrue, he had bent the truth a bit as he didn't want to admit that such was only for those not born of nobility. His face had darkened ever so slightly as he spoke; and yes, he felt somewhat inadequate to his peers who seemed to posses no such handicap. It was in himself that he felt disappointment, perhaps had he worked a bit harder at swordplay rather then his magic studies then he would have earned the right to use true weapons. "Meh, it is honor enough to be here. If lacking I shall merely improve myself" Looking toward Jynna, his slightly darkened expression brightened to its former state as he attempted to shift the topic, yet his relaxed state had not returned unabated, as he once again kept his mind guarded.

"But you say you prefer the use of axes? I recall once watching a man fight another with an axe. He managed to outmaneuver his opponent for a time, but eventually was hit and the single strike cost him the exchange. I believe someone called it a battleaxe after the battle, but Its always seemed to me that such weapons are largely dependent upon ones ability to take hits as they await the one connecting hit of their own to take out their opponent. I could never speak of advisability, but it seems that to rely upon such tactics invites a significant amount of risk, as one would be less prepared to x situations when dealing with a strength greater then anticipated."

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:36 am

"A workshop?" The redheaded aspirant wondered out loud upon hearing the girl's question. "Well, that depends on what kind of workshop you mean. We certainly have plenty of facilities appropiate for the creation and maintenance of various objects. There is the repair shop for example, where you can go if your weapons or armor happen to malfunction or need maintenance. There are also plenty of spaces destined to be used recreationally by the students, such as the woodwork or metallurgy workshops. There's even a sculpture club out there, I believe, if you happen to be into that sort of thing." She explained calmly as she quietly waited for the others to heed her previous order and relinquish the weapons they brought. After waiting for a few moments, she repeated her command for good measure, wishing to make sure that everything was in order so that they could participate in the Silver Games.

Soon, everyone who had brought their own weapons to the Silver Hand Academy obeyed, handing her and Arcander their weapons so that they could power them down to non-lethal settings for the upcoming duels. Once that was done, all of the weapons were handed back to their owners.

"Time to get going. We'll head to the dorms so that you lot can drop off your things, and then we will visit the armory where you all get to pick up some toys." The white-haired aspirant said to the recruits with a smile as both he and Aressa turned and began walking out of the auditorium. Crossing through one of the many doors on the sides of the room, they arrived at one of the large hallways, much like the one they had crossed in order to reach the auditorium earlier, when only Arcander was there to guide the recruits. Once more they crossed through the halls of the Silver Hand Academy, though thankfully, they were not as crowded at the moment as they had been earlier. This was due to several factors. One of them was that some guides decided to take their charges on different paths to reach the same area. Another was that not all of them decided to head towards the dorms or the armory first. The one with perhaps the most impact was that some time had passed while they were talking inside the auditorium after the ceremony was over, which meant that many aspirants, recruits and bloodrobes had already gone away on their own paths.

Soon enough, they reached a row of cylindrical semi-transparent tubes set on the walls, seemingly stretching out vertically through the whole buildings. They were reasonably spacious, able to fit as many as two dozen students, potentially more if there was need for such. For now though, Aressa and Arcander guided the recruits to one such tube, completely empty save for their group. A holographic panel next to the opening displayed several numbers, which Aressa lightly touched to activate the lift. Swiftly, the platform they all stood upon began elevating through the school, although if the students had been standing with their eyes closed they would've hardly noticed, so subtle was the sensation. Floor after floor flashed through their eyes before the lift stopped just as abruptly as it had begun moving. And as the recruits stepped out of the elevator, they would find themselves in another hallway, similar to the one they had been in moments earlier, yet somehow less formal. The walls, though of the same style and composition, were not silver and red like earlier. Rather, they were a clear blue color, and the works of art present elsewhere in the Academy were absent here.

Aressa and Arcander led the students through the hallways once again, stopping only once they reached a door, seemingly the same as every other door in the long hallway, but at the same time more important than all of them, at least to the group of recruits that were currently trailing behind their guides. It was a gray metal door, or more accurately, a metallic rectangle set into the wall, with an inscription above it, which said "A-23" in bright white characters.

"This is your room, A-23 on the 173rd floor. You'll have to make sure to remember that, but I'm sure it'll become intrinsic knowledge after a while, so don't worry too much about it." Said Aressa as she moved to stand in front of the door and placed her hand against it. "Aressa Alistar." She pronounced, and moved her hand up, as if pushing the metal upwards, though in reality she did no such thing, as her hand was slightly separated from the surface of the door. After a moment, the metal slid up, melding into the wall and allowing entrance to the chamber that lay behind. A simple, clean white room, rather spacious. There were a couple tables with comfortable chairs set up next to a large window that displayed a rather splendorous view of the seas and the skies outside of the Silver Hand Academy. Not far from them, on a section of its own, was a small, fully functional kitchen along with several shelves, empty at the moment. On the opposite side were several doors, as well as one at the far end of the room.

Aressa calmly strode inside, followed by Arcander, who turned around once inside the room and spread his arms in a grandiose manner. "Welcome to your new home, boys and girls." He said warmly.

"Feel free to just drop your things off wherever. No one can open the door except for us and certain staff members." The red-haired aspirant added afterwards, gesturing for the recruits to go inside and drop off their things, before her expression suddenly changed as if she'd remembered something. "Oh, and, I suppose that you're free to try opening and closing the door by yourselves if you'd like. Some people can have... a strange fascination with that kind of thing." She said with a shrug.

"I know I did." Arcander remarked casually, eliciting a chuckle from his partner.

"Feel free to look around a bit as well. This will be where you will live from now on after all. Just leave your things out here, though. You will all have time to unpack later, but for now we would do well to waste as little time as possible. We still have a bit until the games begin, but once they do, that's it. No more participants." She explained, stepping aside to let the students walk inside if they so wished, leaning against the wall and looking out the window while Arcander walked over to sit at one of the chairs, leaning back on his seat and propping up his feet on the table.
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse