NATION

PASSWORD

Pretty Okay Company (Military/Fantasy) (OOC, semi-open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:08 am

Awesome. Just need Trans to bring their characters up and we'll be good. Austzeland said he is busy so I'll assume his character will fall in.

Also, I'm liking the responses. This'll be fun. But I'm surprised that it's just about his blood and not his open gayness. I would honestly think that people will be more conservative/intolerant about it. Maybe that'll pop up eventually... But if it doesn't aw well. Maxie still loves y'all, especially the cute ones :p
Last edited by The Carlisle on Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:43 am

The Carlisle wrote:Awesome. Just need Trans to bring their characters up and we'll be good. Austzeland said he is busy so I'll assume his character will fall in.

Also, I'm liking the responses. This'll be fun. But I'm surprised that it's just about his blood and not his open gayness. I would honestly think that people will be more conservative/intolerant about it. Maybe that'll pop up eventually... But if it doesn't aw well. Maxie still loves y'all, especially the cute ones :p

:lol: House bickering is just much more fun than sexual orientation. For now. :P

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:45 am

Mincaldenteans wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:Awesome. Just need Trans to bring their characters up and we'll be good. Austzeland said he is busy so I'll assume his character will fall in.

:lol: House bickering is just much more fun than sexual orientation. For now. :P

It'll come up eventually. Maxie can't just stand around doing nothing with such fine, muscular and cute men around. :p
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:58 am

In reference to Norv's post.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:44 pm

Cylarn wrote:In reference to Norv's post.

I heard that story in Thailand, where a scared backpacker told me it absolutely straight-faced. Of course, in Thailand there's more than a grain of truth to fears of waking up to find a poisonous serpent inhabiting your footwear. Less so in a temperate forest headed toward winter.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:17 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:
Cylarn wrote:In reference to Norv's post.

I heard that story in Thailand, where a scared backpacker told me it absolutely straight-faced. Of course, in Thailand there's more than a grain of truth to fears of waking up to find a poisonous serpent inhabiting your footwear. Less so in a temperate humid subtropical forest headed toward winter.

Basically, my ideas for the climate of this area is that its a land of extremes. It has a climate not that different from the Southeastern US, though a little more forest-y, and a little wetter. But it also gets regular blasts from the polar vortex and the mountains to the south in the cold season.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:19 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:
I heard that story in Thailand, where a scared backpacker told me it absolutely straight-faced. Of course, in Thailand there's more than a grain of truth to fears of waking up to find a poisonous serpent inhabiting your footwear. Less so in a temperate humid subtropical forest headed toward winter.

Basically, my ideas for the climate of this area is that its a land of extremes. It has a climate not that different from the Southeastern US, though a little more forest-y, and a little wetter. But it also gets regular blasts from the polar vortex and the mountains to the south in the cold season.

Huh. Well, then snakes are a more reasonable concern. Still not a reason to inflict trench foot upon oneself, though.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:23 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Huh. Well, then snakes are a more reasonable concern. Still not a reason to inflict trench foot upon oneself, though.

Indeed.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:10 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:

Regarding this: How long do the seasons actually last?
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:12 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Regarding this: How long do the seasons actually last?

With us this far south, I'd say winters are very very long, spring comes suddenly and ends as fast, summer is hot, humid and rainy, and autumn feels like it's going to go on forever.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:35 pm

@Ayre: Would you like me to include the arrival at HQ in my post, or would you like to do that part?

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:37 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:@Ayre: Would you like me to include the arrival at HQ in my post, or would you like to do that part?

Actually, I was thinking that Vester and Wymond could converse on the way, since the platoon getting chow will take a lot longer to play out than a simple drive.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:38 pm

Ayreonia wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:@Ayre: Would you like me to include the arrival at HQ in my post, or would you like to do that part?

Actually, I was thinking that Vester and Wymond could converse on the way, since the platoon getting chow will take a lot longer to play out than a simple drive.

Sounds good to me. :)

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:26 pm

Ayreonia wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:Regarding this: How long do the seasons actually last?

With us this far south, I'd say winters are very very long, spring comes suddenly and ends as fast, summer is hot, humid and rainy, and autumn feels like it's going to go on forever.

We're not really that far south. We're about 33S, IIRC (about halfway between the gridline for 30S and the halfway point between 30S and 40S). I currently live about 36N, and used to live right on 30N. The seasons are actually fairly close to equal at these lattitudes, at least as far as I can tell.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:31 pm

Also, why do people keep saluting the Lieutenant? I mean, even if people don't like him, indirect sniping would be a pretty obvious tactic for anybody. And its a pretty shitty way to try and reroll for a better CO.

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:44 pm

It appears my character is the only one who knows not to salute in the field. Come on guys, this is common sense. Same reason you don't wear rank insignia in the field.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:46 pm

Grenartia wrote:Also, why do people keep saluting the Lieutenant? I mean, even if people don't like him, indirect sniping would be a pretty obvious tactic for anybody. And its a pretty shitty way to try and reroll for a better CO.

We are all not military minded. Plus, it seems many are lower rank and probably inexperienced. So given time, the hammer will temper them. But please, no real hammers... :p
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:47 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Ayreonia wrote:With us this far south, I'd say winters are very very long, spring comes suddenly and ends as fast, summer is hot, humid and rainy, and autumn feels like it's going to go on forever.

We're not really that far south. We're about 33S, IIRC (about halfway between the gridline for 30S and the halfway point between 30S and 40S). I currently live about 36N, and used to live right on 30N. The seasons are actually fairly close to equal at these lattitudes, at least as far as I can tell.

You're right. I could have sworn we were further down. Just disregard what I said.

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:52 pm

Gvozdevsk wrote:It appears my character is the only one who knows not to salute in the field. Come on guys, this is common sense. Same reason you don't wear rank insignia in the field.

Really? In Finland, we do. Th regular "barracks" insignia are golden, shiny and nice, and the field ones are dull black.

Alderann
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alderann » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:55 pm

Is this thread really active? I'm very interested and would like to join. But I want to make sure this is active and can a character earn promotions and medals and such?

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:04 pm

Ayreonia wrote:
Gvozdevsk wrote:It appears my character is the only one who knows not to salute in the field. Come on guys, this is common sense. Same reason you don't wear rank insignia in the field.

Really? In Finland, we do. Th regular "barracks" insignia are golden, shiny and nice, and the field ones are dull black.

Most pictures I see of troops in Afghanistan, none of them wear any sort of rank insignia in the field.

Toishima
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Toishima » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:07 pm

Hell, I wasn't aware this was the dangerous front of the front lines. With the food trucks and shit rolling around I honestly thought we were still in transit to the front-front lines. And I didn't know about the no saluting thing too. Never watched Forest Grump.
Last edited by Toishima on Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.
Record word count for a single unbroken writing session: 27,154 words
Current flag is my Kami Oshi, Sato Masaki (Info here!).

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:09 pm

Toishima wrote:Hell, I wasn't aware this was the front lines. With the food trucks and shit rolling around I honestly thought we were still in transit to the front-front lines. And I didn't know about the no saluting thing too. Never watched Forest Grump.

Saluting is basically telling the enemy snipers wear to shoot, and in the field you should always assume there's at least one enemy sniper somewhere nearby.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:10 pm

If you'll note, Solana didn't salute, either.

The Carlisle wrote:
Grenartia wrote:Also, why do people keep saluting the Lieutenant? I mean, even if people don't like him, indirect sniping would be a pretty obvious tactic for anybody. And its a pretty shitty way to try and reroll for a better CO.

We are all not military minded. Plus, it seems many are lower rank and probably inexperienced. So given time, the hammer will temper them. But please, no real hammers... :p

Well, its one thing you'd probably learn in basic training. And it was already mentioned here in the OOC when the last instance of it was posted. To say nothing of it being mentioned in the OP.

Ayreonia wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

You're right. I could have sworn we were further down. Just disregard what I said.

Between you and Agri, I'm beginning to think I'm the only one who can read a map here. :p

Ayreonia wrote:

That's probably the reason why. Doesn't stand out as much against the camo, and isn't bright and shiny and reflective.

Alderann wrote:Is this thread really active? I'm very interested and would like to join. But I want to make sure this is active and can a character earn promotions and medals and such?

Yes, it is, but this is semi-closed (you'll have to ask Ayreo what positions, if any, are open).

Also, you might be able to get promoted, I think. Not much room for advancement that I can see, though. Unless somebody makes a gesture that forces the Captain to make an unplanned real estate deal.

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:11 pm

Grenartia wrote:

If you'll note, Solana didn't salute, either.

Cravis Squad = smart people

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse