NATION

PASSWORD

Of Grades And Grenades: Eureka Academy(OOC/RE-OPENING)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saestea
Senator

Founded: Dec 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:42 pm

Uhh... Whose characters aren't doing anything right now?.. My other OC is idling... I just can't have that...
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:49 pm

Vancon wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Alright. Korea's either left the RP without a word, or otherwise incapacitated. I saw him in a different RP recently, so it's the former. I'm going to pretend Lee got lost from now on.

TG him first.

Already tried. When Tri announced the requisitions for the sim. Nothing.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Rob Halfordia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rob Halfordia » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:51 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:
Vancon wrote:TG him first.

Already tried. When Tri announced the requisitions for the sim. Nothing.

Then post. Post I say!
Last edited by Rob Halfordia on Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Making Dragon Ball Z Overpowered Since the Founding of Infinite Justice

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:58 pm

Rob Halfordia wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Already tried. When Tri announced the requisitions for the sim. Nothing.

Then post. Post I say!

Working on it.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

Rob Halfordia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rob Halfordia » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:00 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:
Rob Halfordia wrote:Then post. Post I say!

Working on it.

Make sure to have Aiden comment on how high Ryan is.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:54 pm

Now after looking at planes, I kinda have a thing for the F-86 Sabre, so I hope we do get an opportunity at some point where that thing actually works in a simulation or whatever. It's a cool little plane :P

Yeah, if we're talking military related stuff, I definitely have more of a thing for planes than anything else. No wonder my character is a pilot :P

My character actually sorta originated off of an old character of mine, though my new character is absolutely nothing like my old character. But I got the idea when thinking about my character who flew a small fighter spaceship, so the logical progression there was a fighter pilot in this RP. I was gonna use her appearance as well until I was reminded there was an age limit. I kinda like how things have turned out in my head this way more then the brief original ideas I had to try and come up with something, anyway :P
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:08 am

No post from me today I'm afraid.

I was watching an 8 hour stream of XCOM.

It just finished.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:09 am

Vancon wrote:No post from me today I'm afraid.

I was watching an 8 hour stream of XCOM.

It just finished.

I'd get bored of a stream after 8 hours :P

Or more like after 30 minutes or so.

Well, depends the type. I watch some game videos, but more to get myself interested in a game than anything.
My Last.FM and RYM

Isle of Lithonia
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Isle of Lithonia » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:12 am

Same here. Some personal shit went down with an acquaintance of mine, and it needed dealt with immediately. Anywho, I'll post when I get back from work tomorrow.

If need be, just assume that Jason gets out of his room, finds Callandra, and the two of them head out to Navarone. Cal can ask him as many questions as she desires, and I'll have his replies when I get back.

Again, sorry guys. But RL is shit sometimes...
A she/her who misses being creative.
I like sticks. Peck pick.
My Fanny Pack is Fanny Packtastic!!!

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:14 am

Real life sucks :P

I'm patient. I can do other things while waiting.

But trust me, I know how much real life sucks sometimes. 2014 has been a pretty awful year for my family.
My Last.FM and RYM

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:18 am

Corrian wrote:Real life sucks :P

But trust me, I know how much real life sucks sometimes. 2014 has been a pretty awful year for my family.

I could say the same, but here is a different world. Here we are equals no matter what happens outside, except for the mods. And the Admins. And the Mentors.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:25 am

Vancon wrote:
Corrian wrote:Real life sucks :P

I could say the same, but here is a different world. Here we are equals no matter what happens outside, except for the mods. And the Admins. And the Mentors. And The Temp.

Fixed that for you. :D

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:05 am

Sorry for not posting lately. I'll post when I can.
My favorite games are the Pokemon Games. Shoot me a TG if you want to talk about them.
Don't worry! It's all just a tall tale, okay?
Favorite Ecchi Fan of Lith and Self-Proclaimed Pokemon King of NS.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Then we can have another New York. No such thing as too many New Yorks.

And somewhere in New York, Big Jim P gets a cold shudder down his spine.

Republic of Hasgriu
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Hasgriu » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:50 am

According to the poll right now, the next combat arc will be in the 1800's, which means I get to ride horses~
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.13
New Jordslag wrote:Dammit, just realized they have each other's names in their sigs. Yet in my two years of existence nobody quotes what I say... *crawls into corner and cries*
RIP United Kingdom 1707-2016

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Announcement: Please Read

Postby TriStates » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:43 am

This post will be updated as a drag more questions and info from the pages. This will replace update six under the Announcment post, so I hope you all read the last one.

Update #7

OP here and back to the basics.

The Poll - Early-voting poll declares 19th Century as the winner with 21st Century as the runner up. Both of these will be under consideration. When decided, CO-OPs and I will throw up a specific war poll. Theres no set time for that, so we'll all have to put our patience hats on.

Archive - We have 20 characters. But only 16 posts in the archive. :eyebrow: In case people didn't know, I want all apps in that thread. First, second and however many more characters you have. Not just your main. I like you guys, but not enough to go surfing +80 plus pages every time I need PC info. I will start calling names out in front of the class if this isn't fixed.

Recap - Just a reminder for combat. I already had this chat with you guys, and me and the CO-OP's discussed it, but I wanna emphasize. Realism. I love it. Rambo-ism. I hate it. Its like RP-cancer. Its gross to see, you can't always fix it, and you don't want it.
Now I won't penalize for lack of knowledge. I don't expect the average RPer to know every radio callsign ever, or the difference between a MRE and a K-ration. Cause I only found out last night. That said, there is always Google... Just a suggestion.

Recap - Another reminder. The CO-OP's and I are here to assist in helping you with combat-izing your posts. If you have a question or a request, even if its not about combat, feel free to TG us. We, or at least I, love a full inbox.

OP To-Do List

• Lore Update
  • Finalizing NPC's
  • Moving the IC Along
  • Prepping Next RomCom Arc
  • Prepping Next Combat Arc

The Watercooler: Eurkea Question, Comment, Answer Segment

Icrum wrote:
Kalbana wrote:We could potentially be some of them.

Okay?
I don't think that'll happen though. Unless you break realism.

To be a true realist, is to realize that death is a reality.

That means I won't be dick and kill off half the PC's on a whim. But people are going to die eventually. Would suggest you guys take Saesta's & Icrum's example, and double up on characters ;)

Vancon wrote:
Corrian wrote:Alright, I have one general question that I think has been vaguely touched on, but I want to know for sure. How does the rooming arrangements work for the different years?

This is how I personally see it in my head:
Freshman: They all get thrown into the barracks together, sleeping in bunk beds spread out all in the room in various different areas

Sophomore: They get their own dorm-like rooms.

Junior: They get their own apartments if they so choose.

Just what I got in my head, anyway.

Of course this is subject to change in the simulations themselves.

I believe it goes by ranks, regardless of age or level. Both of those things would help, but it's mainly your rank that will allow you out of the stinky old barracks.

We all need to talk about this. CO-OP's, Group TG me when you have time. Since my schedules more open then yours, I'll almost always be on here.

Rob Halfordia wrote:Note that when I say Ryan smells like weed, I mean he smells like a fucking cannabis farm.

"Its come to our attention that some Cadets wanna smoke spice. But you don't fuckin' rate! If we can't smoke spice, then you can't smoke spice!"
Sincerely,
~The General Staff

Whats this make anyway, like 3 druggies in this school now? :p

The Templar High Council wrote:Alright. Korea's either left the RP without a word, or otherwise incapacitated. I saw him in a different RP recently, so it's the former. I'm going to pretend Lee got lost from now on.

As I stated, I TG'd him, and he told me he had a cold and life probs. Of course, its nearing, or already is, the 5 day mark. I'll give him till the end of the day to show. I already outfitted his character, so I might as well not waste my work.

If he's still a no show, then we have our first washout of STAG.

Isle of Lithonia wrote:

Same here. Some personal shit went down with an acquaintance of mine, and it needed dealt with immediately. Anywho, I'll post when I get back from work tomorrow.

If need be, just assume that Jason gets out of his room, finds Callandra, and the two of them head out to Navarone. Cal can ask him as many questions as she desires, and I'll have his replies when I get back.

Again, sorry guys. But RL is shit sometimes...

New Jordslag wrote:Sorry for not posting lately. I'll post when I can.

^--- This is great for me. Saves me for feeling bad about passing out for 13 hours.
Last edited by TriStates on Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

Rob Halfordia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rob Halfordia » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:54 am

As far as military lingo goes, Arma is my favorite game, so I'm relatively versed.

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:04 am

Rob Halfordia wrote:As far as military lingo goes, Arma is my favorite game, so I'm relatively versed.

I was always a big military film fan, which helps. And I guess 4 years in the Navy ROTC has its benifits :p
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

Rob Halfordia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rob Halfordia » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:06 am

For anyone who isn't versed in Military slang, here is a helpful link.

http://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendi ... tary_slang

Kalbana
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalbana » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:11 am

Not too well-versed in Korean War military doctrine, but I will probably do fine. I'll tv Van if I am ever confused. BTW, Tri, Van said he tged you with an updated Leviathan roster

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:27 am

TriStates wrote:- We have 20 characters. But only 16 posts in the archive. :eyebrow: In case people didn't know, I want all apps in that thread. First, second and however many more characters you have. Not just your main. I like you guys, but not enough to go surfing +80 plus pages every time I need PC info. I will start calling names out in front of the class if this isn't fixed.

I'll remind Terintania when she wakes up to post her app there.

- Just a reminder for combat. I already had this chat with you guys, and me and the CO-OP's discussed it, but I wanna emphasize. Realism. I love it. Rambo-ism. I hate it. Its like RP-cancer. Its gross to see, you can't always fix it, and you don't want it.

You and I both. Which is why I dislike so many action movies.

OP To-Do List

• Lore Update
  • Finalizing NPC's
  • Moving the IC Along
  • Prepping Next RomCom Arc
  • Prepping Next Combat Arc

New RomCom, eh?

To be a true realist, is to realize that death is a reality.

That means I won't be dick and kill off half the PC's on a whim. But people are going to die eventually. Would suggest you guys take Saesta's & Icrum's example, and double up on characters ;)

*Holds character close* Nobody's touchin' mah character! :evil:

I'm enjoying only having one character in this RP, so if my character does die for real, I'll just make a new one then.

^--- This is great for me. Saves me for feeling bad about passing out for 13 hours.

I think you deserve 13 hours of straight sleep :P

Kalbana wrote:Not too well-versed in Korean War military doctrine, but I will probably do fine. I'll tv Van if I am ever confused. BTW, Tri, Van said he tged you with an updated Leviathan roster

I'm gonna start doing some Wikipedia research today I think.
Last edited by Corrian on Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:32 am

TriStates wrote:
Rob Halfordia wrote:As far as military lingo goes, Arma is my favorite game, so I'm relatively versed.

I was always a big military film fan, which helps. And I guess 4 years in the Navy ROTC has its benifits :p

My military film knowledge is pretty much Black Hawk Down, my favorite war film. Also probably my favorite soundtrack ever.

But overall I don't have interest in military stuff, which is why this RP will be interesting for me as a change :P. Other knowledge just comes from video games and brief stuff I heard here and there.
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:48 am

My moms picking on me for only learning history when it involves an RP :P
My Last.FM and RYM

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:53 am

Corrian wrote:My moms picking on me for only learning history when it involves an RP :P

No regrets!

Icrum
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Icrum » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:24 pm

Corrian wrote:
TriStates wrote:

My military film knowledge is pretty much Black Hawk Down, my favorite war film. Also probably my favorite soundtrack ever.

But overall I don't have interest in military stuff, which is why this RP will be interesting for me as a change :P. Other knowledge just comes from video games and brief stuff I heard here and there.

Wanna eat some beans and motherfuckers as the Ack-Ack rattles our fellow Jarheads?
Some kind of dessert involving ice cream, hard liquor, and a blow torch
Main wrote:A petition to redesign the flag incites violent riots that eventually destroy the entire nation.

-Ebola- wrote:I don't want to kill you all. I want primates, humans included, to stay around so my descendants will have the same variety of hosts to choose from as I do.

Washington Resistance Army wrote:Not being able to buy an AR most certainly is a travesty.

Rob Halfordia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rob Halfordia » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:25 pm

Corrian wrote:
TriStates wrote:

Most FPS games other than Arma are not an accurate representation of actual military lingo.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse