NATION

PASSWORD

Of Grades And Grenades: Eureka Academy(OOC/RE-OPENING)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Brechalht
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:54 pm

ignore
Last edited by Brechalht on Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:01 am

Brechalht wrote:I am considering an upperclassmen strategist, or a cryptologist.
Any advice, particularly regarding the former?

I don't know how a cryptologist would relate to the cirrculum, but it would be an intersting character type to say the least.

As for a strategist, I would suggest making him a Junior. They are one echalon below the General Staff themselves, and so would be the most likely to handle large cadet formations in VR sims and RL war games. For a League, the choice is up to you. Each League has their specific strengths and weaknesses, as well as their own cliques within them (i.e. Defion is ruthless and rough & tumble, Aer Vis is professional and techy but snooty and arrogant, etc.)

If your having trouble getting an idea of your character, consider googling character types or tropes. They will give you a base line to work with.
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

Brechalht
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Brechalht » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:04 am

ignore
Last edited by Brechalht on Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:07 am

You have successfully tempted me, Tri.

Work shall begin now.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:09 am

Wow, you're famous TriStates.

I just like, RP in Portal to the Multiverse. I don't get famous :P
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:13 am

Corrian wrote:Wow, you're famous TriStates.

No. Nightkill is Famous.

I'm just a hell of an RPer :p
Last edited by TriStates on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
* people giving a fuck,
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:20 am

TriStates wrote:

No. Nightkill is Famous.

Surprisingly I don't think I've ever RP'd with Nightkill.
My Last.FM and RYM

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:21 am

TriStates wrote:

No. Nightkill is Famous.

I'm supposedly well-known. Probably because of the CoM, and how I show up everywhere with semi-helpful advice.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

Saestea
Senator

Founded: Dec 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:22 am

Will Johannes be able to explore The Reservation without meeting any impediments from other Leagues?
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

Isle of Lithonia
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Isle of Lithonia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:25 am

The Templar High Council wrote:I'm supposedly well-known. Probably because of the CoM, and how I show up everywhere with semi-helpful advice.

And here I thought it was because your father is the only virgin father in the entire history of mankind.
A she/her who misses being creative.
I like sticks. Peck pick.
My Fanny Pack is Fanny Packtastic!!!

Isle of Lithonia
Negotiator

Postby Isle of Lithonia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:26 am

Saestea wrote:Will Johannes be able to explore The Reservation without meeting any impediments from other Leagues?

If Johannes tries to explore the Reservation, Jason will kick yo' ass. :p

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:33 am

Saestea wrote:Will Johannes be able to explore The Reservation without meeting any impediments from other Leagues?

That question deserves three answers.
1) Technically, the entire area called the Reservation is a free-fire zone. I won't have NPC's purposely go out of their way to discover your adventuring, but just be aware the potential for harm always exists.
2) Depends where he is exactly. If he is out of his Leagues territory it is more than likely he will run into trouble. The definition of trouble will depend on the people and League metting it out. It can go from "Get the fuck out!" to flying bullets and shells pretty damn quick. Its just the way Eureka works.
3) School holidays and celebrations are usually observed with a truce between all Leagues. So, at designated times, the Rez is free for people to romp around without fear of exploding.
Last edited by TriStates on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

Saestea
Senator

Founded: Dec 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Saestea » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:43 am

That question deserves three answers.
1) Technically, the entire area called the Reservation is a free-fire zone. I won't have NPC's purposely go out of their way to discover your adventuring, but just be aware the potential for harm always exists.
2) Depends where he is exactly. If he is out of his Leagues territory it is more than likely he will run into trouble. The definition of trouble will depend on the people and League metting it out. It can go from "Get the fuck out!" to flying bullets and shells pretty damn quick. Its just the way Eureka works.
3) School holidays and celebrations are usually observed with a truce between all Leagues. So, at designated times, the Rez is free for people to romp around without fear of exploding.

Alright.

If Johannes tries to explore the Reservation, Jason will kick yo' ass. :p

"I'm not scared! He may be bigger, stronger, and faster, but still, that doesn't scare me! I'll take him on!"

xD
~Leaving NS as Saestea~

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:10 am

Brechalht wrote:So based on the app, we do not assign ourselves ranks?
I was wanting a promotion from Colonel to General (or equivalent) to be a goal for my char.

Also: Aer Vis for aristocratic airs, or Defion to act as a foil for their physical toughness and aggressiveness?

As stated in the spoiler labled About Ranks in the Announcment post under the OP, ranks for Upperclassman will be given IC'ly during the Homecoming episode, when the cadets arrive at Naverone Proving Center for reacclimation and reassignment. I and the Co-Op's will contact the players over TG prior to this, reach a decision on what rank the players charater will have, and then have it become offical in the IC.

Its being done like this because its easier for me. And it reduces the risk of having a dozen Colonels and Generals, with one Private :p
Last edited by TriStates on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:11 am

Giving my character my RL corduroy jacket.

I love that jacket. It smells of wood burned smoke and happiness.

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:12 am

The Templar High Council wrote:Giving my character my RL corduroy jacket.

I love that jacket. It smells of wood burned smoke and happiness.

I prefer leather personally. But they are pretty cool.

Alright. Going to bed. Try not to burn the thread down before the morning guys.
Last edited by TriStates on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:16 am

EDIT: Retconned and moved further on in the thread
Last edited by Vancon on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Republic of Hasgriu
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Hasgriu » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:26 am

Republic of Hasgriu wrote:
S.T.A.G. Cadet Application

Required Information

Name: Daniel Khoo

Callsign: Garuda

Race: Original

Year Rate: Sophomore

League Affiliation: Aer Vis

Subject Proficiency: AF, CAV

Origin: Born 15 May 2029, Mandaluyong, Philippines, Indonesian citizen.

Sex: Male

Picture Appearance:

Employment: Daniel works as a clerk for an antique shop in Emerald Cove.

Abilities: Daniel has near-perfect memory, and remembers things from before he could walk.

Personal Skills : Daniel can judge the mass of an object by holding it. He can play any music piece by ear.

Personality: Daniel is slightly shy and suspicious of people he doesn't know. He does not get upset often unless asked about his past, in which case he would snap at the asker. He likes working in pairs due to his fear of being alone, but not groups,as there would be more unfamiliar persons. If you get to know him well he will be very cheery and sociable.

Equipment:
    'Burberry', his wallet, containing ninety-eight dollars and sixty-two cents.
    A Lenovo laptop, 'Xiáo Băo Bèi '
    A cross-shaped pendant, 'Naphtali '
    Seven sets of clothing, with too many names
    A BlackBerry smartphone, ' Lumboy'

Moral Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Blood Type: O-

Height, Weight, Body Type: 1.59 m/5 ft 2 in, 46kg/101lb, slender, but not ridiculously so, weaker constitution.

Distinguishing Marks: Daniel got into a fight with the wrong people, and was stabbed on the upper left arm. He prefers to keep the scar hidden as he fears being portrayed as a rebel.

Bio/History: Daniel was born in 2029 to Budi Iman Susila and Heike Wil Roijackers, an Indonesian and Dutch respectively. His mother, Heike, succumbed to liver cancer in 2031, and his father fell into a state of depression and became a heavy smoker and alcoholic. In 2033, his father drove off a cliff while drink driving and drowned. He did not understand why his parents failed to come back. He was sent to an orphanage near an airbase and was fascinated by the jet fighters taking off and landing every day. He wanted to become one of those pilots. He ran away from the orphanage in 2041 and worked in a candy store. Eventually, he scraped up enough to go to his father's hometown, in Indonesia. He forgot about jets for a while until he heard of S.T.A.G, and he took the opportunity to fulfill his dream.

Additional Fun Stuff: Not Required

Voice: Jerry Jewell

Sex Orientation: 2 on the Kinsey Scale, though sex isn't on his mind.

Likes:) Sweet food and sour food(not together though), birds(especially penguins), Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Haydn, Mendelsohn, flight

Dislikes:( Insects, bitter food, spicy food, airheads

Disorders & Handicaps: Paranoia, can't stay in a dark place alone, even a stranger in the room would make him feel better. Can't sleep alone either. He also has an obsession with his things and names everything that belongs to him for more than a few days.

Past Occupations: Used to work at a seafood restaurant, fired because he was clumsy with food.

Fears, Wishes, and Goals: Daniel fears insects, the dark, being alone, and the concept of death. He stays away from people with tattoos and piercings because of the stabbing incident. His main goal in life is to be the best ace pilot in the world.

Theme Song: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkp8ZdQ9SqI

Fixed.
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.13
New Jordslag wrote:Dammit, just realized they have each other's names in their sigs. Yet in my two years of existence nobody quotes what I say... *crawls into corner and cries*
RIP United Kingdom 1707-2016

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:33 am

Okay, now for my brain to actually come up with a character idea...With exceptions with occasional outbursts of inspiration for characters (Why I have 5 students in an RP of mine), my brain seems to be running out of interesting character ideas, or people to vaguely base characters off of, like I did recently. And stealing old characters of mine and putting them into a different scenario like I pretty much did in another RP recently doesn't sound appealing, either...

Maybe my mind will magically think of something interesting tonight, like the random story my mind completely formulated all of a sudden when I woke up the other day.
My Last.FM and RYM

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:40 am

Corrian wrote:Okay, now for my brain to actually come up with a character idea...With exceptions with occasional outbursts of inspiration for characters (Why I have 5 students in an RP of mine), my brain seems to be running out of interesting character ideas, or people to vaguely base characters off of, like I did recently. And stealing old characters of mine and putting them into a different scenario like I pretty much did in another RP recently doesn't sound appealing, either...

Maybe my mind will magically think of something interesting tonight, like the random story my mind completely formulated all of a sudden when I woke up the other day.

Go watch 5 shows, pinpoint their worst character's faults, roll em' into one and pretso, new character.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:40 am

Random thought before I hit the hay: I love how ~85% of the time, if I want to be co-op, all I gotta do is ask. Sometimes not even that.

The little things.

'Night.

The Great Korean Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Korean Empire » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:42 am

S.T.A.G. Cadet Application

Required Information

Name: Lee Jae-Hwa

Callsign: Praetorian

Race: Partial (Mantis Shrimp)-Extremely fast reaction into the single digits in terms of milliseconds allowing him to act nearly instantaneously. Enhanced eyesight allowing him to distinguish movement more efficiently. Has hardened skin which acts as a form of natural body armor. Has increased strength equivalent to around 1,000 times his own body weight and in hand-to-hand combat he can accelerate his attacks faster than a 22-caliber bullet.

Year Rate: Junior

League Affiliation: Defion

Subject Proficiency: (INF)/(ARM)

Origin: January 7, 2008/California/Korean-American

Sex: Male

Picture Appearance:

Employment: Valston City

Abilities: Lee stands at a height of some 6'4-6'5 making him tall. This coupled with him being well-muscled makes fighting him somewhat hazardous to your health. Also is extremely smart being a natural-born tactician and easily breaking down and understanding complex works and problems. Has excellent persuasion skills through logic and reasoning.

Personal Skills:
-Talks well through debates and public speaking
-Athleticism through proper body training
-Knows over half a dozen martial arts
-Loves small arms and military vehicles to the point that he can identify many just with a mere glance
-Excellent marksmanship with a variety of small arms
-Has learned to be a aggressive driver from cars to a Abrams MBT... Maybe a bit too aggressive...

Personality: First of all Lee does not like being told what to do by fellow peers. He gets irritable if you attempt to do so. At first it seems he's pretty quiet. But actually Lee is someone who enjoys the company of friends and spending time with them whether it be talking, eating, etc. He also has a habit of jokingly teasing and angering people on purpose to that point that they get exasperated. Enjoys encouraging and comforting other people. He's also someone best described as optimistic and isn't someone that's too quick to judge. Despite shown how lazy he is in actually he's a hard-worker when he gets down to to it. He's calm and collected and most people never even know if he's angry. It should be said that he's a person that's buttons shouldn't be pushed. However when needed he is aggressive, determined, and has a great sense of humor. Overall he's a kind guy.

Equipment:
-Black Suitcase/Brown Satchel
-Clothing/Toiletries
-Notebooks/Pencils
-Wallet with a ID as well as Cash/Credit Card
-Canon Digital Camera
-Black Smartphone
-Laptop
-Katana

Moral Alignment: Depends on what the situation is and who he's dealing with. It can range somewhere from him trying to find solutions through every diplomatic option available to him becoming trigger happy and going guns blazing.

Blood Type: O−

Height, Weight, Body Type:
-6'4-6'5
-176 Pounds
-Mesomorph

Distinguishing Marks: There is a tattoo on his right forearm that says Psalms 118:6.

Bio/History: (If personality is the lifeblood of your character, this is its heart. A treatise on Life or War & Peace isn't required. But one, two, maybe a few grammatical paragraphs might be nice.)

Additional Fun Stuff: Not Required

Voice: (An interesting immersion technique that can add a little "OMF!" to your character. Like a few others on this list, it works with human memory and the senses, which make it all that more convincing. And if you don't care about that, well, just abuse it as chance to have [insert favorite person] voice act for you.)

Sex Orientation: Straight

Likes: ( It’s a nice way of boxing in a character, and a good addition for yourself and others.)

Dislikes:( It’s a nice way of boxing in a character, and a good addition for yourself and others.)

Disorders & Handicaps: (While having a perfectly sane character is fun in and of it’s own, using something that actually stifles your character in areas of life can give you some of that tension you look for, and something to actively work against without needing a villain.)

Past Occupations: (People need money, objects, and things in the world and to have this you need a reason. What do you do for a paycheck?)

Fears, Wishes, and Goals: (Each of these three things influence your characters. Fears limit and control them disallowing them from certain activities and providing prejudice towards things or people. Wishes are less like limits due to fear, and more along the line of a way to coax a character towards a goal. Goals are stronger than wishes, and thus can cause more problems.)

Theme Song: (For those aurally minded, or just dramatic like me, a song is always nice. Gives ambiance and adds atmosphere to your character.)
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." -Ernest Hemingway

"To have found God and still to pursue him is the soul's paradox of love, scorned indeed by the too-easily-satisfied religionist, but justified in happy experience by the children of the burning heart." -A.W. Tozer.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:43 am

Vancon wrote:Go watch 5 shows, pinpoint their worst character's faults, roll em' into one and pretso, new character.

I do base a lot of my characters off show characters :P

I also take a lot of movies/shows concept, and my sister and I turn them into RP's on a side forum, and in my opinion sometimes if we do it right, make it "better". There's a lot of things out there with interesting concepts but bleh story (Divergent comes to mind, and The 100 TV show)
My Last.FM and RYM

Brechalht
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Aaron Adrian Ashcroft

Postby Brechalht » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:57 am

ignore
Last edited by Brechalht on Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:55 am, edited 5 times in total.

Isle of Lithonia
Negotiator

Postby Isle of Lithonia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:53 am

Corrian wrote:Okay, now for my brain to actually come up with a character idea...With exceptions with occasional outbursts of inspiration for characters (Why I have 5 students in an RP of mine), my brain seems to be running out of interesting character ideas, or people to vaguely base characters off of, like I did recently. And stealing old characters of mine and putting them into a different scenario like I pretty much did in another RP recently doesn't sound appealing, either...

Well, I have an example character I created over the course of a week or so. If you want, I could send it to you. Just be aware, he's slightly insane.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse