NATION

PASSWORD

The Titans (Portal to the Multiverse RP Group)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Perestroikavo
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Perestroikavo » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:44 pm

Sorry, confined to mobile right now.
Huscarl of Havoc since '14
The Templar High Council wrote:You talk too much Pere.
Ulvenes wrote:You become more and more awesome every week.

Jordsindia wrote:I will go down on you...for a fee. but we will not speak of it.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:44 pm

Charmera wrote:Well, what about Halflings and Gnomes...
Vampires?
Leonins?

Also, should we develop the magic system, or just have it be fairly simple (Pehaps the four elements and some sort of healing, Arcane stuff and necromancy/dark arts)

Of course, to both of those. We'll need those races. *adds to previous list*

As for magic, I felt we'd keep it rather simple. The thought has just occured to me to restrict characters from the Medieval Fantasy district (which we should name) to have access to magic, or the widest range of magics (the 1920s section... might have 'voodoo' magic, or magic like voodoo, and the victorian could have enchantment in the steampunk community). What do ya'll think?

The Templar High Council wrote:Yeah. Like this more than stoic races that are all the same being with different personalities..

Indeed!
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:50 pm

Harbertia wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Interesting...

Customization of established races sounds better IMO. Do you mean slight variations on one race (ex: different colors, reduced sense of smell, increased vision, etc), or different races based on one (ex: different types of elves)?

Slight variations in one race, from colors, senses, to physical attributes such as the senses, and appendages.

So like Drow and High elves?

Harbertia wrote:
Vampires?
Leonins?

Also, should we develop the magic system, or just have it be fairly simple (Pehaps the four elements and some sort of healing, Arcane stuff and necromancy/dark arts)

As for magic, I felt we'd keep it rather simple. The thought has just occured to me to restrict characters from the Medieval Fantasy district (which we should name) to have access to magic, or the widest range of magics (the 1920s section... might have 'voodoo' magic, or magic like voodoo, and the victorian could have enchantment in the steampunk community). What do ya'll think?

Perhaps Every culture could have access to the bending of the four elements (as such is likely very noncomplex magic). Fantasy could have access to more powerful and a wider range of magic (Invocation, Enchantment and such), the 1920's could have darker and more subtle magic (As you said, Voodoo or dark pacts of some kind). The Steampunk could have technomagic. And the Modern people could be the most magic stagnant, as technology got more complex magic got less so.
Last edited by Charmera on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:52 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Vampires?
Leonins?

I think I'm joining the goddamn Mafia. Fancy suits, classy music, illegal dealings, and rumrunnin'. I seriously couldn't ask for more.

Charmera wrote:Perhaps Every culture could have access to the bending of the four elements (as such is likely very noncomplex magic). Fantasy could have access to more powerful and a wider range of magic (Invocation, Enchantment and such), the 1920's could have darker and more subtle magic (As you said, Voodoo or dark pacts of some kind). The Steampunk could have technomagic. And the Modern people could be the most magic stagnant, as technology got more complex magic got less so.

Mafia=demonic contracts.

Yuss.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:00 am

The Templar High Council wrote:
Harbertia wrote:

I think I'm joining the goddamn Mafia. Fancy suits, classy music, illegal dealings, and rumrunnin'. I seriously couldn't ask for more.

Charmera wrote:Perhaps Every culture could have access to the bending of the four elements (as such is likely very noncomplex magic). Fantasy could have access to more powerful and a wider range of magic (Invocation, Enchantment and such), the 1920's could have darker and more subtle magic (As you said, Voodoo or dark pacts of some kind). The Steampunk could have technomagic. And the Modern people could be the most magic stagnant, as technology got more complex magic got less so.

Mafia=demonic contracts.

Yuss.

I'm also considering someone in that culture...
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:04 am

Charmera wrote:
Harbertia wrote:
Slight variations in one race, from colors, senses, to physical attributes such as the senses, and appendages.

So like Drow and High elves?

*shakes head lightly* Nah, more like players can choose skin tones, how their ears look (does the Naga have elf ears, or human ears?), and weither their dark skinned elf has low light vision.

Harbertia wrote:

Perhaps Every culture could have access to the bending of the four elements (as such is likely very noncomplex magic). Fantasy could have access to more powerful and a wider range of magic (Invocation, Enchantment and such), the 1920's could have darker and more subtle magic (As you said, Voodoo or dark pacts of some kind). The Steampunk could have technomagic. And the Modern people could be the most magic stagnant, as technology got more complex magic got less so.

That sounds right. We should describe what kind of magic is native to each district... which is something we've just done. Though I can't help but remember that show, Sabrina the Teenage Witch; which has me thinking that some minor community might still have magics in the modern district.... perhaps someone whose wife came from the Fantasy District, and immigrated though the proper channels into the Modern District, adopting the life style, but not quite getting use to all the appliances, and thus being far more comfortable using her native magics for house hold chores. Eventually deciding that due to how the neighbors, among other concerns, to keep her magic to her self, and bestow knowledge of it to her children as a way to keep a little bit of her heritage alive in the next generation.

Still, it'd be uncommon so let's focus on what is common;

• Modern - Basic elements, yet stagnant, no formal education in magical arts; and most modern amenities make every day use of magic pointless.
  • 1920s - Dark and Subtile, inspired by Voodoo, and dark pacts. Taking on a eerie sinister feel.
  • Victorian - Enchantment meets technology, allowing for arcane batteries which come in handy with smaller devices like artificial limbs.
  • Mid-Fan - Widest range of magics.
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Pinki3 Pon-3
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pinki3 Pon-3 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:05 am

Charmera wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:I think I'm joining the goddamn Mafia. Fancy suits, classy music, illegal dealings, and rumrunnin'. I seriously couldn't ask for more.

Mafia=demonic contracts.

Yuss.

I'm also considering someone in that culture...

Is there an OOC up for this yet?
Join The City of Steam Mk. II
And don't forget Hearthwood
OOOH!!! And please join Of knights and time . . . There's time travel. You know you want it.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:05 am

Pinki3 Pon-3 wrote:
Charmera wrote:I'm also considering someone in that culture...

Is there an OOC up for this yet?

Not yet but it's close ;)

Please, join in :)
Tomorrow is made today.

Pinki3 Pon-3
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pinki3 Pon-3 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:09 am

Harbertia wrote:
Pinki3 Pon-3 wrote:Is there an OOC up for this yet?

Not yet but it's close ;)

Please, join in :)

Will do ^-^ just need time to catch up with what I missed. Also, Lost Legacy *points at link on previous page* take a look if you get a chance.
OOOH!!! And please join Of knights and time . . . There's time travel. You know you want it.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:12 am

Harbertia wrote:
Charmera wrote:So like Drow and High elves?

*shakes head lightly* Nah, more like players can choose skin tones, how their ears look (does the Naga have elf ears, or human ears?), and weither their dark skinned elf has low light vision.

That sounds right. We should describe what kind of magic is native to each district... which is something we've just done. Though I can't help but remember that show, Sabrina the Teenage Witch; which has me thinking that some minor community might still have magics in the modern district.... perhaps someone whose wife came from the Fantasy District, and immigrated though the proper channels into the Modern District, adopting the life style, but not quite getting use to all the appliances, and thus being far more comfortable using her native magics for house hold chores. Eventually deciding that due to how the neighbors, among other concerns, to keep her magic to her self, and bestow knowledge of it to her children as a way to keep a little bit of her heritage alive in the next generation.

Still, it'd be uncommon so let's focus on what is common;

• Modern - Basic elements, yet stagnant, no formal education in magical arts; and most modern amenities make every day use of magic pointless.
  • 1920s - Dark and Subtile, inspired by Voodoo, and dark pacts. Taking on a eerie sinister feel.
  • Victorian - Enchantment meets technology, allowing for arcane batteries which come in handy with smaller devices like artificial limbs.
  • Mid-Fan - Widest range of magics.

Seems good. Perhasp the Fantasy culture could also have Alchemy...
The Victorians could also have some golem related magic.

Pinki3 Pon-3
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pinki3 Pon-3 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:14 am

Hmmm . . . Definitely going for victorian. Is there a condensed race list?
I love the idea of golem related magic. It would fit very well if we looked into the industrial revolution. . . Basically I'm saying steampunk :P

Pinki3 Pon-3
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pinki3 Pon-3 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:19 am

Hmmm . . . Bringing steampunk in might be a bit too much though. I don't know, its up to you in the end.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:21 am

Pinki3 Pon-3 wrote:Hmmm . . . Bringing steampunk in might be a bit too much though. I don't know, its up to you in the end.

It should be fine. It give extra flavour to the victorian culture.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:25 am

Charmera wrote:Seems good. Perhasp the Fantasy culture could also have Alchemy...

They will also have a kind of Alchemical Chemistry (Proto-Chemistry) (Dr. Jekle & Mister Hyde, Frankenstien, etc)

Also, it's occured to me that due to the loose nature involving race we don't have to list them... we can but, we'd have to come up with attribute lists. Actually that sounds orderly.

Players would choose a race, and then customize from their (How human is your hound*'s face, does it have a nose, or muzzle? Can your vampire survive in daylight, if so do certain conditions have to be met, like feeding the night before?). We could do this with questions, or simply request that our players devolgue such to us. Appearance, Attributes... then again someone might not consider how strong their Naga is, and thus forget to list constriction as an ability.

Let's make a list of attributes players to choose from.

Pinki3 Pon-3 wrote:Hmmm . . . Definitely going for victorian. Is there a condensed race list?
I love the idea of golem related magic. It would fit very well if we looked into the industrial revolution. . . Basically I'm saying steampunk :P

Here is a list of what we are currently considering;
  • Dragon* (anthromorphic dragon race)
  • Elf
  • Gnome
  • Hafling
  • Hound (canine anthro)
  • Human
  • Leonin
  • Naga
  • Vampires

We've decide to expand the list as need be.

Charmera wrote:
Pinki3 Pon-3 wrote:Hmmm . . . Bringing steampunk in might be a bit too much though. I don't know, its up to you in the end.

Plus it's a kind of subculture, popular with the youth, yet having it's own elders. "Young people and their Rasputian Segway...."
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Pinki3 Pon-3
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pinki3 Pon-3 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:30 am

Charmera wrote:

Cool, just been writing a steampunk novel, so everythings kinda steampunk to me right now.

As for that race list, looks good. Personally I'm not really sure what I might choose yet, but I'll let you know if I think of anything. Is there to be a planned storyline?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:30 am

Pinki3 Pon-3 wrote:Also, Lost Legacy *points at link on previous page* take a look if you get a chance.

It looks very well done, I'll have to keep it in mind.
Tomorrow is made today.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:31 am

Harbertia wrote:
Charmera wrote:Seems good. Perhasp the Fantasy culture could also have Alchemy...

They will also have a kind of Alchemical Chemistry (Proto-Chemistry) (Dr. Jekle & Mister Hyde, Frankenstien, etc)

Also, it's occured to me that due to the loose nature involving race we don't have to list them... we can but, we'd have to come up with attribute lists. Actually that sounds orderly.

Players would choose a race, and then customize from their (How human is your hound*'s face, does it have a nose, or muzzle? Can your vampire survive in daylight, if so do certain conditions have to be met, like feeding the night before?). We could do this with questions, or simply request that our players devolgue such to us. Appearance, Attributes... then again someone might not consider how strong their Naga is, and thus forget to list constriction as an ability.

Let's make a list of attributes players to choose from.

Pinki3 Pon-3 wrote:Hmmm . . . Definitely going for victorian. Is there a condensed race list?

Here is a list of what we are currently considering;
  • Elf
  • Gnome
  • Hafling
  • Hound (canine anthro)
  • Human
  • Leonin
  • Naga
  • Vampires

We've decide to expand the list as need be.

Charmera wrote:It should be fine. It give extra flavour to the victorian culture.

Plus it's a kind of subculture, popular with the youth, yet having it's own elders. "Young people and their Rasputian Segway...."

Sounds good. Perhaps each race could have special attributes, and attributes cost creation points of which the charecters have a pool.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:33 am

Charmera wrote:

I love flavors.

Harbertia wrote:Here is a list of what we are currently considering;
  • Elf
  • Gnome
  • Hafling
  • Hound (canine anthro)
  • Human
  • Leonin
  • Naga
  • Vampires

Why not robots? For steampunk use only, unless they migrate.
Elementals for medieval times, and they have high ranked, single-type magical abilities.
Assuming Hounds are close enough to werewolves, but still throwing that out.
How about something like Cortana: a digital being with a physical manifestation? Could just be digital versions of other races, though. And obviously only for the (P)MT district.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

Pinki3 Pon-3
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pinki3 Pon-3 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:39 am

Charmera wrote:It should be fine. It give extra flavour to the victorian culture.

I love flavors.

• Elf
  • Gnome
  • Hafling
  • Hound (canine anthro)
  • Human
  • Leonin
  • Naga
  • Vampires

Elementals for medieval times, and they have high ranked, single-type magical abilities.
How about something like Cortana: a digital being with a physical manifestation? Could just be digital versions of other races, though. And obviously only for the (P)MT district.

Hmm . . . I may have an idea for that digital being. . .

Pinki3 Pon-3
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pinki3 Pon-3 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:39 am

I love flavors.

• Elf
  • Gnome
  • Hafling
  • Hound (canine anthro)
  • Human
  • Leonin
  • Naga
  • Vampires

Hmm . . . I may have an idea for that digital being. . .

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:40 am

Pinki3 Pon-3 wrote:

Cool, just been writing a steampunk novel, so everythings kinda steampunk to me right now.

As for that race list, looks good. Personally I'm not really sure what I might choose yet, but I'll let you know if I think of anything. Is there to be a planned storyline?

At the moment it's very free form, with story coming from the interaction of our characters. A situation was suggested by Charmera, and we built upon it. Main focus is on our characters interaction in the Nexus (the mall like food court, and entertainment area at the center of the city which also functions as the center of the municipal government which is housed in the upper levels), and with those characters inside their own district. It's assumed that some central conflict will emerge though these interactions.

Charmera wrote:Sounds good. Perhaps each race could have special attributes, and attributes cost creation points of which the characters have a pool.

Sounds perfect. I'll start, and you (and others) can start as well, in generating attributes. I'll start with a tricky race... Humans. I should be able to come up with something. After we have some attributes we can discuss what the CP max shall be.

The Templar High Council wrote:Why not robots? For steampunk use only, unless they migrate.

I'd like a 2nd opinion on the Elementals, metalmen, and holograms. Charm, Pinkie, what do ya'll think?

Pinki3 Pon-3 wrote:Hmm . . . I may have an idea for that digital being. . .

Charm, Pinkie, what do ya'll you think?
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:44 am

Harbertia wrote:
Pinki3 Pon-3 wrote:Cool, just been writing a steampunk novel, so everythings kinda steampunk to me right now.

At the moment it's very free form, with story coming from the interaction of our characters. A situation was suggested by Charmera, and we built upon it. Main focus is on our characters interaction in the Nexus (the mall like food court, and entertainment area at the center of the city which also functions as the center of the municipal government which is housed in the upper levels), and with those characters inside their own district. It's assumed that some central conflict will emerge though these interactions.

Charmera wrote:Sounds good. Perhaps each race could have special attributes, and attributes cost creation points of which the characters have a pool.

Sounds perfect. I'll start, and you (and others) can start as well, in generating attributes. I'll start with a tricky race... Humans. I should be able to come up with something. After we have some attributes we can discuss what the CP max shall be.

The Templar High Council wrote:Why not robots? For steampunk use only, unless they migrate.

I'd like a 2nd opinion on the Elementals, metalmen, and holograms. Charm, Pinkie, what do ya'll think?

I'm not too sure about the hologram, but elemental and robots sound interesting. I always like playing androids.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:45 am

Harbertia wrote:
Pinki3 Pon-3 wrote:Cool, just been writing a steampunk novel, so everythings kinda steampunk to me right now.

The wonders of NSDark. I read all blacked out text immediately.

Pinki3 Pon-3
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Pinki3 Pon-3 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:47 am

Well . . . The way I see it, a digital creation has to have hardware for its software, so they'd have a core, a small orb or a cube or something that's their brain. Their physical interaction is a little bit limited due to their form being a form of hard light. I'm also thinking they'd be able to alter their shape within certain limitations, like a program.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:50 am

Charmera wrote:I'm not too sure about the hologram, but elemental and robots sound interesting. I always like playing androids.

I'll need time to consider. Hologram people, and androids would make the (P)MT district kind of retro futuristic... or not. 2000s living, convenience of the 2060s! Elementals... I'd have to understand what kind of elemental (Dryad/Nymph like or raw, and primordial). With steampunk metelmen we'd end up with individuals much like the Tin-Man from wizard of Oz. Which isn't a bad thing.

Pinki3 Pon-3 wrote:Well . . . The way I see it, a digital creation has to have hardware for its software, so they'd have a core, a small orb or a cube or something that's their brain. Their physical interaction is a little bit limited due to their form being a form of hard light. I'm also thinking they'd be able to alter their shape within certain limitations, like a program.

I wasn't joshing you, I was simply editing the sentence as you had given me an idea of your opinion. I do thank you for expanding upon it though.
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse