NATION

PASSWORD

The Almost Gods: Rage (OOC-OPEN-Season 2)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Should we bring back my patented amazo polls?

Yes
23%
No
3%
The fuck is an Amazo Poll
74%

Total votes : 31

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

The Almost Gods: Rage (OOC-OPEN-Season 2)

Postby Joshulia » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:29 pm

10 Little Gods

10 Little Gods came together to shine,
One hid in his shadow and now there are nine.

One was a traitor, their mere presence bait,
A lone killer rode into town and then there were eight.

One's own father carried his secrets to heaven,
From his madness there were seven.

One's blood pooled into pit's,
A vampire touch and then there were six.

One lost his very will to be alive,
His wish was granted and then there were five.

One's heart was rotted to the very core,
Her savior came and then there were four.

One's mind left him to be whomever he be,
A bullet helped the decision and then there were three.

Only three Gods left,
One died on the run,
The killer was killed,

And then there was one.

Rage is a fun little topic, isn't it? Religiously its both a sin of destruction and tool for creation, it's sanctity is often over and under whelmed in lore. Sometimes the hero is tasked with overcoming rage and not killing any enemy, while other times results in throwing caution to the wind and killing everything in sight.

So apply that to an already suicidal, experienced, and dangerous group of internationally feared warriors and you've arrived at the current status of the Almost Gods.

Most are considered missing in action after the assault on their campus, led by the Catholic Church, and the only ones we explicitly know are alive are quite possibly dead. Ralevon, the former headmaster and only remaining full Almost God member, is cut off from his allies, in charge of the best and brightest of his former school, and full of Rage. A base, set up in a former bomb shelter in northern Italy, is they're only refuge. A fact they aim to change in one foul swoop.

On the flip side of that coin, the group of students who were left in Paris are having.......less luck. After discovered looking about the wreckage by a government task force specifically designed to counter beings such as they, the group was taken into custody and sent to a containment facility in Western Russia to await interrogation and torture.

You ever wondered about the interworkings of the transition between Angel and Archangel from both a logical and biblical standpoint? I mean, if they even "transition" that is; differing on the branch, it is suggested that Angel are created and are a constant throughout time. This brings to light the chicken and egg situation, or rather a larger argument all together in whether or not anything we do can elevate our status from simple matter.

Nerd!

Oh god, did I just bully myself? Jesus, alright, moving on.

So anyway, Angels, Demons, Vampires, the whole lot, all real. Yep, every myth you've ever heard, excluding the Mothman, was reality at one point or another. I'll let that sink in. Alright, you good? Cool. The world was in relative harmony, Angels hung out upstairs, happy with their vaguely totalitarian form of government, the Demons down there in the underworld, only harvesting our mortal souls when they get bored, monsters had been routed deep underground, and Humanity lived on, oblivious to its extrodinarily powerful neighbors.

Well, I suppose all good things come to an end right?

The mythical Midnights were resurfacing. Werewolf packs all but reclaimed Western Europe, bad blood was taking its toll between the Archangels and High Demons, and they knew they could take Earth with a hand behind their back. Humanity, as usual, was oblivious to the mounting war, and those of us who actually knew the things that were aiming to exterminate us are few and far between. So, we all got together, the thirty of us, and decided to build an army of our own.

It was a ragtag group at first, I mean, thirty "Wizards" isn't much when you're fighting the armies of Hell, Heaven, and the Night, but it turns out, some Angels didn't didn't think we were all that bad as a race. After that we started getting more and more members of more and more variety, mainly young activists rebelling against their assorted hierarchies. Called ourselves the Almost Gods and fancied ourselves Crusaders for a better world, even built huge, walled fortresses to house our warriors. And it worked, it's amazing who'll listen to you when you have an army at your back; we were able to prevent a war that would've killed us all. That was twenty years ago.

No one fights fair. Not Heaven, Hell, or us. You fight the war that hasn't even been declared yet and you goddamn better win. We all knew that going in. But at this point, we're not winning. Hell, we're not even a player.

We lost most our numbers to assassination, betrayal, and just flat out desertion, nearly all our our keeps sit in ruin, and of the original thirty, six remain alive. There's me, Yvette, Tony, Jason, Alek, and Nacy.........Yvette's in an asylum in Belgium, driven mad by torture recived not in Hell, but Heaven. Tony and Jason are in comas, they'd actually just decided to get married when a group of "muggers" left the two most powerful men I know bloodied and dying in a goddamn back alley.

No no, I'm fine, I just haven't thought about it in.....years.

Alek's.....God who knows where, he went off to survey what "may be a new breed of Midnights" popping up in bumfuck Austria, but he never came back. I know he's alive because every so often he broadcasts his thoughts to the six of us. He only screams. And Nacy, sweet Nacy, she was only sixteen when all this started you know, was bitten by a vampire and is currently leading their charge against Humanity. And me, I wasn't the strongest, smartest, or even the tallest, but now I am. And now I have to step up.

So that's why I opened this school. That's why I opened our ranks to.....children. And that's why, if we're gonna survive this, we need all the goddamn help we can.

So is it a yes or no?
Plus we have a wiki in the works....
Welcome back everybody, we're back and better than ever! After finishing off last season with a, quite literal, bang, the cast is in dismay. Ralevon, faced with a mounting body count that were once his students has turned his eyes to the Vatican, the people who forced he and his own out of their home and into the sights of madmen like Anton. He's also begun hiring mercenaries, volunteers, old war friends, and prisoners to his cause, thus resulting in our ability to introduce new characters.

We'll have a brief moment right after the blast at the beginning before jumping a month ahead once the IC is up.

The (Potentially Infinite) Races
Humans
Personally, I view Humans as the Multiverse version of that one weird guy at your office that's always hanging out around the water cooler. He's almost always there, annoys people with his dumb ideas or jokes, and it's a whole lot more peaceful when he's absent. Anyways, Academy accepted Humans have two categories, Magic and Abnormal. Magic students, obviously, have unlocked their aura, somehow, and are capable of performing spells, enchantments, and otherwise magical badassery. Abnormals, on the other hand, have little to no magical abilities, instead they utilize powers, not unlike the super beings in comic books. Their powers are seemingly a random mutation in human genetics and produce a vast array of abilities.

Angels
I once watched a television show, let's call it Upernatural, where the main protagonist, Ean, described angels as "Dicks with wings". That's pretty accurate. Mind you there are dozens of Heavens, after lives, and reincarnation circles in act in this world, yet the only divine beings who interact with other cultures seem to be Abrahamic in origin. And with that out if the way, let's move onto the hierarchy. The denizens of Paradise, as it's sometimes called, are of three categories, Archangel, Seraph, and Guardians. Guardians are the weakest of the three, relying mainly on hand to hand combat in altercations, few, if any, attend the academy. Seraphs are next on the list, the lieutenants, these guys are the marines to the Guardians Army. They fuck shit up and don't ask questions.......but still, mainly rely on hand to hand of otherwise physical combat, and don't have a strong presence in the school. Archangels, however, occur when one of the other two ranks is chosen by the Ether to receive the Knowledge. Basically, they're hooked up the the very heart of the universe and given a jump start. Suffice to say, they're powerful sons of bitches, and, not sufficed to say, are often killed during their "Rebirth".

Demons
Yeah. They're here too. Why? Nobody really knows. They just started showing up one day and, apparently, the Academy is required to accept a motherfucker who can blow up a city block with his mind. Anywho, Demons come in a few favors; you've got the basic lesser ones and the foot soldiers, neither of which have ever entered the school. Then you've got the Black Mages, demonically possessed humans, and Upper Beasts, red skinned and tailed humanoids, the most common. And finally you have Spawn. Demons from the lowest pit of Hell who were actually spawned from Lucifer himself. Basically take the destructive power of an F18 jet flying directly into a gas station, average that, and you have their capabilities.

New Gods
Currently not accepting any more New Gods
Hmmm, these shits are a bit hard to describe so I'll just jump right in.

9:47PM on January 29th, 1996, one hundred and fifty houses, cabins, etc. around the world exploded. In each case the entirety of the family was in the home and had just recently brought an infant into it. These children, all only a few montages apart, we're the only survivors. Now, since this is the real world, and we're don't leave obviously demonic babies alone, the authorities took charge of the babies and put them up for adoption. Some got picked, some didn't, sad kids, crying, you get the gist. Around 2011 it was apparent these, now 15 years old, kids, weren't normal. Each one now boasts a vast array of powers that manifested at random and each one embodied a single aspect of life, ideal, or animal within those powers. So that's where the god name came from, and, as one may expect, they are incredibly powerful, many were actually adopted by Academy staff members in order to secure their attendance.

Midnights
Monsters, beasts, creatures, entities, and spirits. Imagine all of those words are racial slurs. Well they are to every vampire, werewolf, ghoul, or otherwise haunty folk that make themselves known to others. Now apologize for reading that you bigoted son of a bitch. Midnights, as they are collectively called, basically consist of every story, urban legend, or camp fire tale you've ever heard. The more civilized monsters(sorry), normally humanoids generally, are capable of attending the academy, should they show extreme aptitude as mages or warriors that is.

The Essence

The religious cosmology of the universe is complex, with many pantheons of Gods co-existing alongside each other. It includes elements from multiple religions, mythologies, and modern concepts. Yet there is a being that seems to exist outside of both mortal, and godly bounds: The Essance. A seemingly omnipotent, and omnipresent, Creator figure who, actually, regularly visits the mortal plane. It takes many forms, men, women, non binary, animals, chairs, yet always promotes a feeling of utter peace and calm when encountered. It's said to have been sighted hundreds of times, the only reoccurring theme being the color red being intwined with the situation. So, to recap, the God of this universe is all powerful, incredibly involved in its creations, and may or may not appear in the form of a schnauzer before giving you fatherly advise about a girl or some shit.

Rules:
I am the OP, and my word is law. Unless, of course, you can provide a good and logical argument against it.
No one-liners; preferably 5 lines per post.
Follow the site's rules.
No godmodding, metagaming, etc.
Respect your fellow RPers.
If you are leaving the RP, please let me or someone know

Applications

Application
Code: Select all
[box][align=center][i][size=100]The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities[/size][/i][/align][hr][/hr]
[i]Given and/or Used Name-[/i]
[i]Age-[/i]
[i]Sex-[/i]
[i]Years Aware of Their Powers[/i]
[i]Personality-[/i]
[i]Brief Biographical Essay of Subject's Life and/or Experiences-[/i]

[align=center][img]Photo and/or Description of Student[/img][/align]
[i]Species-[/i]

[i]Super or Magical Abilities-[/i]
[i]Equipment-[/i][/box]

New God App
Code: Select all
[box][align=center][i][size=100]The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities[/size][/i][/align][hr][/hr]
[i]Given and/or Used Name-[/i]
[i]Age-[/i]
[i]Sex-[/i]
[i]Years Aware of Their Powers-[/i]
[i]Personality-[/i]
[i]Brief Biographical Essay of Subject's Life and/or Experiences-[/i]

[align=center][img]Photo and/or Description of Student[/img][/align]
[i]Species-[/i]

[i]Domain and Powers-[/i]
[i]Equipment-[/i][/box]
Last edited by Joshulia on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I'm a Tired Old Man with Liberal Ideas and a Raging Jew Fro

Plus I Know Aona's Real Name, HMU

Lord Frieza (Ancient)
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lord Frieza (Ancient) » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:32 pm

I'm just going to point out that you are the third person that has quoted me.

Kalbana
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalbana » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:38 pm

I don't exactly understand the story...

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:43 pm

Kalbana wrote:I don't exactly understand the story...

Yeah it's long and sort of explained in the links and spoiler

Aona
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:44 pm

Neither do we
Co-OP here to kick ass and take names. Is Salty still kicking? (I want him to die and have Cthulu care, jus sayin)
:^)

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:47 pm

Aona wrote:

Neither do we
Co-OP here to kick ass and take names. Is Salty still kicking? (I want him to die and have Cthulu care, jus sayin)

Yeah... whoes still alive?
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

The Almighty Bob
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Almighty Bob » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:54 pm

The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- Steve (His real name is unspeakable)
Age/Date of Birth-16. Yeah. We'll go with that.
Sex-Male
Years Aware of Their Powers He's a demon, so...all of them?
Personality- He is very quiet and reserved. Doesn't make friends easily, but is very loyal to them once they are there. He also is incredibly brave, and he loves studying human history and magic.
Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences-
He was a low-level demon who one day mutated some strange form of a conscience. He believes that humans are worthy of "another shot," as he sometimes says.He doesn't ever talk about his past as a demon, and he only entered the Academy's radar a few months ago. What is known about him is only what he says about himself: he thinks that the demons and angels have got it all wrong.
Photo and/or Description of Student: ANIME FOR ALL!!!
http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4 ... 9_full.jpg

Species-Demon
Eye Color-Purple
Hair Color-Black
Height-5"9'
Weight-130 lbs.

Super or Magical Abilities-
Shadowy Whatever-The-Fuck: He can take on a shadowy, shapeless form and blend into shadows
Unearthly Edges: His axes (yes, two!) are sharper than any normal weapon.
Equipment-
Two(2) Deadly Skull-Fuck Battle-Axes of DeathTM
One(1) Eight(8)-Inch Knife of Pure Silver
Probably Some Bad-Ass Cloak or Something

Same Basic Guy, Slightly Cooler!
Last edited by The Almighty Bob on Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:57 pm

The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- Markus
Age/Date of Birth-18 ,1996
Sex-Male
Year at School-5*Note: Students tend to attend the academy from around five to eight years*
Personality-Markus is a quiet and a reserve individual only offering input when necessary. No one to make friends, he tends to which people from a distance or has a habit of watching them from the shadows
Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences- In 1996 Markus was born at his own home, but instead of a normal birth he release a sudden amount of energy killing his mother and father, a neighbor called the police discovering Markus alone, he moved into Foster care but never fitted in although at the time he knew he was different he didn't quite know the tremendous burden and power he was capable of. It wasn't until he was 13 that the academy found him and told of him of his true nature.

Species- New God*Note: Should the Academy currently be at war with one's kin, you need not apply
Eye Color- One Gold, the other purple with this symbol instead of a pupil
Hair Color-Black
Height-5'6''
Weight-140lbs

Domain and Powers- Domanin: Shadows, Darkness
Powers:Darkness Manipulation

Class-D
Classes Requested-Acrobatics, Spirtual Studies, Applied Combats
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

Slorch
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Slorch » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:11 pm

We reaply or what?
"... Ultramarines never have to deal with shit like that. Then again, they are the Ultramarines. Rebels don't surrender out of fear of them, they surrender because the last they want is another lecture about their prowess in battle."- AETEN II
Slorch wrote:click the 'wrote' button.
Nua Corda wrote:click the 'wrote' button.

Fluttershy is Best pony

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:11 pm

Slorch wrote:We reaply or what?

Yes we can if we want to.
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

Zirkagrad
Envoy

Founded: Nov 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zirkagrad » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:15 pm

I want to apply, but I have a question, would a sea swallow/human hybrid be a midnight or so?

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:15 pm

Charmera wrote:
Aona wrote:Neither do we

Yeah... whoes still alive?

That is to be decided actually

Zirkagrad wrote:I want to apply, but I have a question, would a sea swallow/human hybrid be a midnight or so?

Yep

The Almighty Bob
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Almighty Bob » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:21 pm

You know what this needs? It needs a little more Fiasco.

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:22 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Charmera wrote:Yeah... whoes still alive?

That is to be decided actually

Zirkagrad wrote:I want to apply, but I have a question, would a sea swallow/human hybrid be a midnight or so?

Yep

So should I wait till it's decided (So I can work out how many new APPs to make) or just re app everyone?
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Zirkagrad
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Zirkagrad » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:44 pm

whoa brah it's deleted man look at one of the later pages ok
Last edited by Zirkagrad on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:51 pm

Charmera wrote:
Joshulia wrote:That is to be decided actually

Yep

So should I wait till it's decided (So I can work out how many new APPs to make) or just re app everyone?

Go ahead and reapp just in case

Slorch
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Slorch » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:02 pm

The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- Armored Star
Age/Date of Birth-18
Sex- F
Year at School- 5
Personality- Upon birth her mind was shattered into a thousand pieces with each one representing a specific metal(Ex: Gold would be like a rich snobby person). If she were to stab herself with a metal then that shard would then gain dominance over the others. The personality of the shard/mix of shards usually in dominance is quiet...sometimes, takes thing too literally (so don’t try sarcasm), socially awkward and shy around people she doesn't know, and a bit messed up in the head.

Photo and/or Description of Student
(I’ll get around to finding a pic…eventually.)
Species- New God
Eye Color- Light Green
Hair Color- White
Height- 5’5”
Weight- 125.0lbs.

Domain and Powers- Manipulation of metal.
Class-(A/B/C/D) A
Classes Requested- Advanced Sciences, Maths, and Historical Studies
Applied Combats
Magical Studies

Character Name: Armored Star
Basic Powergrid 23 points
INT: 4+2(from class) = 6
STR: 4
DUR: 5
SPD: 4
FS: 3+2(from class) = 5
MAG: 3+2(from class) = 5

Weapons Proficiency Grid 16 points
Blunt: 4
Knives:
Swords:
Axes:
Spear: 5
Bow & arrows:
Crossbow:
Handguns:
Sub-machine guns:
Assault Rifles: 3+2(for primary)= 5
Sniper Rifles: 4
Shotguns:
Last edited by Slorch on Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
"... Ultramarines never have to deal with shit like that. Then again, they are the Ultramarines. Rebels don't surrender out of fear of them, they surrender because the last they want is another lecture about their prowess in battle."- AETEN II
Slorch wrote:click the 'wrote' button.
Nua Corda wrote:click the 'wrote' button.

Fluttershy is Best pony

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:12 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Charmera wrote:So should I wait till it's decided (So I can work out how many new APPs to make) or just re app everyone?

Go ahead and reapp just in case

Alright. It might take me a bit to collect them all...

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:23 pm

The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- Parat Ikarus
Age/Date of Birth- December 1st, 1891 (123) Has chosen to remain around 15
Sex- Genderless, Identifies as Male
Year at School- Yep, he is also 4
Personality- Parat is not insane, but he is anarchic. He isn't emotional, but he is a rebel. He simply does crazy (and occasionally morally questionable) things because he finds joy in it. Always ready for combat, he is borderline ravenous while fighting and thoroughly enjoys it. Outside of combat, he is energetic, sarcastic, and perpetually bordering going batshit insane and destroying everything. The best way to sum him up would be a fun-loving guy who has a very...creative version of fun.
Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences- Parat was invented by an mad scientist in the last 1800's, and through some unintentional magic, was brought to life. He lived with the scientist until his death, learning how to behave and interact like a human. Since that, he's bounced around, always seeming to find himself near a fight or a party. Upon the conflict, he volunteered to the Academy. After all, no life's like school life, right? I mean, think of the parties! And violence! That is, until one of those parties got its ass kicked by the Seven Deadly Sins. Now he's in France....man, fuck France.

A Basic Mugshot of the Basic Criminal

Species- Automaton, Pinocchio-Class
Hair Color- Blue
Height- 5'7"
Weight- 130 lbs.

Abilities and Advantages Provided by Species- Being a Pinocchio, Parat is literally a well for magic, acting a a booster for mages who require being in close proximity with pure magic. This ability can also occasionally carry over into Parat's combat, creating rare and powerful bursts of magical ability. In addition, his mechanical design allows him a larger resistance to physical damage, though not by much.
Class-(A/B/C/D) B
Classes Requested- Magical Studies, Advanced Combat, Acrobatics

Character Name:
Basic Powergrid
INT: 3
STR: 6
DUR: 4
SPD: 5 +2
FS: 2 +2
MAG: 0 +2

Weapons Proficiency Grid
Blunt: 9
Handguns: 10

(Has double long-barreled pistols he can spin to use as mini "hammers")

The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- Tlthonl (pronounced 'Tul-thon-ul', you uncultured bastard), Later-Born Son of Cthulu, Salty (when he's in a good mood..maybe)
Age/Date of Birth- Created in R'lyeh birthing cycle lasting the Spring and Summer of 1931, so generally assumed to be 83. Young, cute lil' teenage sea monster.
Sex-....Male? Yeah, Male.
Year at School- 4
Personality- Salty has some big shoes to fill. Cthuluspawn aren't incredibly frequent since Dad went into an eternal slumber, in case you haven't noticed. This doctrine has shaped a pretty large chunk of Tlthonl's life. Bookish, Prudish, and a little too serious for his own good, he regards his ancestry with the highest of regards, and values his contribution to the family name more than his own life experience. Despite all this, however, he isn't immune to the urges of teenagers, and maybe he'll let his hair down (figuratively) after having a little fun. Good luck getting him there, though....at least it's funny when he doesn't get jokes.
Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences- Tlthonl's memory of most of his life is...foggy. After all, he blocked it out. It was so bloody dull, after all. Most of it comprised of receiving sleep-messages from his ever-demanding father-mother, and traveling from cult to cult. Boring stuff. Eventually, T convinced his parent to let him attend The Academy and make himself useful for once, where he has tried his best to become the model student his species deserves. Sounds boring? Yeah, that's cause it is.

Species- Cthuluspawn*Note: Should the Academy currently be at war with one's kin, you need not apply
Eye Color- Fluctuating from darker or brighter shades of Blue-Green..usually rests at a dull Black
Hair Color- ...what the fuck is hair
Height- 5'7"-ish
Weight- 260 lbs (it shows, right?)

Abilities and Advantages Provided by Species- Command, Manipulation, and (occasional) creation of Seawater, Occasionally able to Spawn leathery wings, High aptitude to learning various forms of magic, High intellect in general, able to call on the help of the Monster-God Cthulu (but seriously don't make him do this, he'll get so fucked).
Class-(A/B/C/D) Yay for A
Classes Requested- Spiritual Studies, Advanced Studies, Founding member of the Baseball team (I know, like wut)

Character Name: Tlthonl
Basic Powergrid
INT: 5 +2 +1
STR: 3 +2
DUR: 3
SPD: 3
FS: 6

Magic Powergrid Total: 14 (spillover stats from weapons)
Life Magic: 3
Death Magic: 3
Limbo Magic/Standard Reaper Abilities: 3
Folk Magic: 5
Unique Ability: Yay for Saltwater Magic!

Weapons Proficiency Grid
SpearHarpoon: 5+2

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:32 pm

The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- Cyll
Age/Date of Birth- 19
Sex-Female
Year at School- Fourth*Note: Students tend to attend the academy from around five to eight years*
Personality- Friendly, kind and outgoing despite frightening appearance. However she hides a large amount of pent up rage which could explode at any moment.
Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences- Cyll has had to claw for survival for most of her life. In her litter, she was nearly killed countless times by her siblings in the rush for any scrap of food. Their mother cared little for them as individuals, intending them to become her monstrous army to exact her terrible rage. There Cyll likely would have died, had she not fortunately managed to escape at the age of three and be picked up by a couple who found her. She was brought up by them, taught to speak and sent to a school. Unfortunately she was reviled by anyone other than her adopted parents, her unnatural appearance and terror aura made people either fear or hate her, usually both. Some either tried to kill the unfortunate Cyll. Eventually she found her way to the academy, hoping it would be different. It was, to a degree. She was still friendless, but at least people weren't trying to kill her.

Species- Child of Scylla*Note: Should the Academy currently be at war with one's kin, you need not apply
Eye Color-Blue
Hair Color-Black
Height-5'6" (including her floating)
Weight-120 lbs (Not including wolves)

Abilities and Advantages Provided by Species-
Wolves Heads: Instead of Legs, Cyll has Six large Wolves heads which are attached to her body by long extendable necks. These Wolves heads are subservient to her yet have instincts of their own. They regenerate extremely quickly and are extremely strong.
Floatation: Cyll floats above the ground, this gives her little in the way of an actual advantage, as she can't go that fast and she can't float any higher than her default hight.
Supernatural Strength: Cyll and her wolves heads have greatly enhanced strength.
Fear Aura: Combined with her naturally terrifying wolves heads, she has an aura which makes those with weaker wills afraid of her.
Detached Head: Cyll can summon a disembodied wolves head and throw it at enemies, when it gets close it will either bite them or head but into them. It will float after them for 30 seconds, before falling and disappearing.
The Beast Within: Cyll gains power through rage, the more angry she gets the stronger she becomes. However the more rage fuels her the more animalistic she becomes and the more she looses her self control.
Class-B
Classes Requested-
Athletics (+2-Strength)
Applied Combats (+2-Combat)
Sports Team of your choosing (Basketball) (+1-Intelligence and +2-Strength)

The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- Mala Bile (or Jean Walters, depending on the personality in charge)
Age/Date of Birth-17 (Technically 25 due her her "Rebirth")
Sex-Female
Year at School- 6*Note: Students tend to attend the academy from around five to eight years*
Personality- Mala is an abomination to all that is good and natural, and she revels in it. She finds entertainment in the discomfort and horror of others. She takes a sick joy in seeing that which was once strong wither and rot, seeing the proud fall into the gutter and the death of the beautiful. Methodical and malevolent, she is intelligent, dangerous and patient.

However, she is still influenced by the human she once was. In fact, so much so that said human spirit sometimes takes over. Interestingly said human soul is somewhat childlike, innocent, naive, optimistic and surprisingly intelligent, having Mala's intellect yet mostly cleansed of Malice. She does have a sort of weariness and depression to her when it comes to Mala, not hating her other side, but wishing she had a way to cleanse Mala of her darkness.

The question that comes to mind when thinking of Mala often is how such an evil being was accepted into the academy. The answer is quite simple, the being known as Mala is reigned in from injuring or killing other students by her other personality, which influenced Mala by subconsciously disallowing her from causing anyone physical harm. She can still be somewhat tormenting, but she is severely limited in the torment she can cause by the presence of Jean in her mind. Jean is often the one to intact with others, Mala often sulking in the corner of their mind until she's needed or sees an opportunity to cause suffering.
Jean was a girl born into a wealthy family of magicians, though she had little talent to speak of. She always felt jealous of her families prowess. As a result, she delved into the forbidden store of knowledge in the family library, using the books within to summon a being (A floating Skull), the being called herself Mala and became a familiar and teacher to the young Jean. Soon she became a rather decent magician. They became good friends, until Jean was found out by her parents, however it would prove to be too late.

You see, Mala was a Demilich. The soul of a wizard who managed to bind her soul to a skull for a cheap budget version of immortality.

As Jean was found out, Mala cast a spell which transferred her own soul into the girls body, using their magic combined, she overpowered the two mages, however she was stopped by Jeans surprisingly considerable willpower, and the girl managed to wrest control of her body.

Unfortunately, Mala did not give up so easily and the ensuing mental combat for her body killed the girl. Her parents grieved, but not for long as the wounds inflicted on them took their lives too.

Years later, her corpse was used in a necromancy spell, the infusion of large amounts of magical energies and general will to live of her soul managed to bring her back… barely. She had barely any body, so her soul had to latch onto a swarm of locusts nearby. To further complicate matters, though Mala was technically dead, she lived on within Jeans mind and decided to emerge first. She slaughtered those that decided to resurrect her with a malevolent little smile.

A few chaotic and horrifying years later, Jean learned how to control her other side to some extent, putting some limitations on her. Then, in order to learn more control and how to further improve her abilities, she enrolled in the academy.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/ ... 341rza.jpg

Locust Form:
http://38.media.tumblr.com/a284c5c45ffd ... o2_500.png

Species-Worm That Walks (Locust/Butterfly Varient)*Note: Should the Academy currently be at war with one's kin, you need not apply
Eye Color-Red (Blue when Jean is in control)
Hair Color-Silver
Height-50.6 inches
Weight- Unknown

Abilities and Advantages Provided by Species-
Dual Nature: As a result of her dual nature, when in different personalities, Mala has different powers, as Jean she can't access powers Mala has and Mala can't access Jeans powers, there is no exception to this rule, Mala will never have access to all her powers.

Mala:
Withering (Green) Flames: Mala can project and control withering green flames. These flames, instead of burning their target cause organic matter to wither and die. This can be plant matter, animal matter. It's blocked by already dead tissue.
Paralytic Venom: Mala can secret a venom which paralyses the limbs of those it touches, she can also fire a beam of energy which has the same effect.
Locust Form: Mala is technically a sentient swarm of locusts which can take human form, this affords her some extra durability, as when she's in locust form one has to kill all or most of the locusts, though if she's in human form, she lacks that advantage and is not that durable at all.

Jean:
Purifying (Blue) Flames: Jean can project and control blue flames. These flames act like normal fire, except they only hurt specific targets and heal others. This can cure any and all afflictions Mala may have put on a person.
Butterfly Form: Similar to the locust form, except with a multitude of butterflies. The locusts turn into butterflies when Jean is at the helm and vise-versa.

Class-A
Classes Requested-
Magical Studies (+2-Magic)
Spiritual Studies (+2-Magic)
Avanced Sciences (+2-Intelligence)

The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- Iva Vivar
Age/Date of Birth-18
Sex-Female
Year at School- 5*Note: Students tend to attend the academy from around five to eight years*
Personality- Chaotic Neutral is a good way to describe her. A slightly amoral hedonist, she lives to experience new pleasures and to find new experiences. She doesn't have a moral code, though she's not opposed to acts of good or evil. She often grows bored of certain experiences however she always relishes combat and sex however.

http://wallpaperwind.com/thumbnails/det ... com_67.jpg
Species-New God*Note: Should the Academy currently be at war with one's kin, you need not apply
Eye Color-Red
Hair Color-Black
Height-5'10"
Weight-110 lbs

Domain and Powers- Blood
Hormonal Manipulation: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Hormone_Manipulation
Blood Manipulation: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Manipulation
Blood Crystallisation: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Bloo ... allization
Blood Regeneration: Whenever Iva looses blood, it is quickly replicated in her body. So it is literally impossible for her to die of blood loss. This only works for blood and not other cells.

Class-(A/B/C/D) B
Classes Requested-
Last edited by Charmera on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zirkagrad
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Zirkagrad » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:08 pm

You know, I'm just going to expand my entry, by a lot.

Looking at you guys' entries makes mine look like a darn skeleton of a thing.

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:11 pm

Zirkagrad wrote:You know, I'm just going to expand my entry, by a lot.

Looking at you guys' entries makes mine look like a darn skeleton of a thing.

Put some meat on that app's bones, boi

*whip*

Arana
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arana » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:16 pm

The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- Eluzahr (when in the mortal world, he goes by Luke Anderson)
Age/Date of Birth- April 29, 1744 (270, although he chooses to appear 14)
Sex- Male
Year at School- 1
Personality- Luke has a complicated personality. At times, he's a really nice guy. At other times, he can be a real jerk. He can go from being completely serious to joking around with people. He can be either shy or outgoing. Probably the only thing about his personality that doesn't change is his pride. Being the spawn of Lucifer, pride is a part of him, and he doesn't take being disrespected lightly. Despite his species' war against humanity, he finds humans fascinating, and has spent much of his time in their world studying them. He has the same views about the Midnights, but he despises angels, for obvious reasons. His hobbies mostly involve art, food, or reading, usually about some war or other. He also enjoys drinking and smoking, as he's immune to the negative affects.
Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences- Luke doesn’t really talk much about his past. One thing he does mention a lot though is that he’s spent a lot of his life around humans, ever since he was allowed to leave Hell for the first time on his 100th birthday. He’s seen history as it happened. Other than that, he usually says he prefers not to talk about it. Most of the time, he just says that over the years, he learned how to use a lot of his powers from his father and other spawn, but that around 15 years ago, he was banished from Hell for a reason he prefers not to reveal, and has been living in the mortal world ever since. He first heard about the Academy about a year ago, and after a while was able to convince them to allow a spawn of Lucifer to enroll there. Since then, a lot has happened. In the battle against the Seven Deadly Sins at the school dance, he was able to kill Envy before having his neck broken by Wrath. Shortly after, he disappeared from the dance, only to reappear almost completely healed once the battle had ended. Following the attack by the Catholic Church on the Academy, he fled with the rest of the students to Paris, which has now been destroyed by a being of chaos. Luke loved Paris. And now he has a chaos being on his kill list.

In addition to what can be seen in the picture above, Luke also has a pair of wings that fold into his back, as well as a tail that he tends to keep under his clothes, but sometimes just leaves out. Other than that, he appears pretty much the same as a normal human, except with longer ears and sharper teeth.
Species- Demon (Spawn)
Eye Color- Red
Hair Color- Black
Height- 5’ 6”
Weight- 130 lbs

Super or Magical Abilities- Manipulation, Telepathy, Fire, Teleportation, Shapeshifting
Class-(A/B/C/D) A
Classes Requested- Advanced Sciences, Math, and Historical Studies; Spiritual Studies; Baseball

Character Name: Eluzahr/Luke Anderson
Basic Powergrid
INT: 4 + 3 (From Advanced Studies and Baseball)
STR: 2 + 2 (From Baseball)
DUR: 2
SPD: 2
FS: 2
MAG: 4 + 2 (From Spiritual Studies)

Weapons Proficiency Grid
Blunt:
Knives: 1
Swords: 3
Axes:
Spear:
Bow & arrows: 2
Crossbow:
Handguns: 4
Sub-machine guns:
Assault Rifles:
Sniper Rifles: 2
Shotguns:
Prophet of Lavanthulhu -- A Proud Portal Nationalist -- Bet on Bernie 2016

Arana wrote:Fuck you and your raps,
And all your stupid rhyming.
Haiku master race.

*Drops mic*
Seventeen year old probably straight Christian socialist from New England.

"Aran is basically a very pissed-off Chihuahua combined with a bisexual Billy Graham, minus the bisexuality." -Lavan Tiri

Achidyemay
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:36 pm

The Academy Of
Exceeded Human Abilities

Given and/or Used Name- Amanda "Andy" A. Osburn
Age/Date of Birth- January 29th, 1996
Sex- Male
Year at School- N/A
Personality- Amanda Andy is a manly man who can't look in the mirror to shave or he'll intimidate himself. There is absolutely no reason to expect that this slab of masculinity is in any way feminine, and if you do insinuate something so false, he will not hesitate to beat you in with his red belt. He is a man. Now all of that aside, he is pretty emotionally and mentally stable with normal human thoughts and processes, wrong him and he wont like you, be nice and he will. Despite never having met his mother, or father, or family, he never grew up really emotionally devastated. In fact he is usually pretty nice to people, but only if the approach first. Do to his unquestionable manliness, he grew up in an environment where trust was hard to give freely, so he scores on the side of being an introvert. Recently, he has become more outgoing though, now that he is out of the orphanage. But insulting his manhood is still a sore spot for himLavan Tiri

Brief Biographical Essay of Student's Life and/or Experiences- Amanda was born in a grayish, slate and wood cabin with gray tin roof while overcast gray skies rained an even grayer sleet down on the deadish looking gray grass. The yellow sun had already set over the gray mountains that surrounded the gray home, the only thing that illuminated the scene was claps of white lightning that cast dark gray shadows on the gray tree bark. Did I mention that it was a gray evening? Then a flash of yellow light and a red explosion destroyed the gray house and left it a smoking blackened ruin. Thankfully the black and yellow firemen on duty were quick (six hours) to come to the aid of the poor, gray forest and the gray sleet prevented any real danger of the fire to spread. It was a masked, black and yellow clad man that found the poor pink baby in the middle of the blackened wreckage of the gray house and dying red flames. The pink baby was logged and sent to a white orphanage, but unfortunately there was a mix-up and the pink babies name was replaced by his blackened mother's. Growing up in the white orphanage was a particularly hard ordeal for Amanda, given that he had a pink girl's name and redish-greenish-blueish-purpleish-orangeish-yellowish brown hair that shifted every color of the multicolored rainbow, not to mention his (in a certain light) feminine facial features. His rainbow hair tended to freak normal-colored people out and despite the oddity being somewhat beautiful, he was never adopted. Among his other colorful talents, is a knack for almost any style of art (save sculpting) and an almost ridiculously flexible body (he can do the splits), none of which are exactly "manly". A bleak day in his colorful life was never complete without him being called some sort of dull homophobic slur. Needless to say he couldn't stand it and the blue lady who ran the white orphanage allowed him to join a bronze dojo so he could defend himself better. It was also his way to escape.
After his sentence was up, he decided that despite not really being good at anything his life would be best applied towards art, because that is what he was good at, his grades were average. He got into a beige French college (learn from the best) on white grants and white scholarships, but got a job anyway, to help support himself the rest of the way, at a white Hotel. He continued his lessons and applied at bettering himself, wondering about a future at Cirque du Soleil or something. Never mind, buses and explosions and near death and trauma and churches and talking foxes, you know, excitement!

(damn, he looks flirtatiously fabulous in that pic)
Species- New God
Eye Color- Can be any color, but he prefers brown
Hair Color- All of them, but can shift to one color if he tries, it also tends to reflect his emotions, but a constantly shifting color is his neutral
Height- 5'11''
Weight- 150 lb.

Domain and Powers-
Color
~Color Change: he can change his eye color and hair color easily, and if he focuses outright he can even change something from one color to another
~Color Absorb: The area immediately around him (5 foot radius) loses color and saturation and even diminishes in brightness slightly
~Fake Painting: Like normal painting but done with color instead of paints, an advanced from of Color Change that requires contact with the color and a level of concentration
~Holograms: Flashes and simple shapes is all for now
~Hard Light: He cannot do this currently
~Stolen Sight: If you let him touch your eyes for a long time (ten seconds or more) and he concentrates really hard, he can temporarily (five minutes or so) see everything you see, unfortunately, the afflicted loose the ability to see at all
~Rainbow Summon: One day, one day
~Inception: Inserts himself into other's dreams and can leave messages that they can remember, currently a random event though.
Class-(A/B/C/D) N/A/B/C/D
Classes Requested-
Woulda been:
~Acrobatics
~Applied Combats
~Spiritual Studies

Basic Powergrid
INT: 3
STR: 2
DUR: 3
SPD: 3
FS: 3
MAG: 2

Weapons Proficiency Grid
Blunt: 2
Knives: 2
Swords: 2
Axes: 1
Spear: 1
Bow & arrows: 1
Crossbow: 0
Handguns: 2 (+1 weapon of choice)
Sub-machine guns: 0
Assault Rifles: 0
Sniper Rifles: 0
Shotguns: 1
Last edited by Achidyemay on Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Sir: Regarding your article 'What's Wrong with the World?' I am.
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:43 pm

Okay. I want to be back in this. The reason I didn't post again after my hiatus in the old thread was I couldn't really find a good way to justify my character's absence and I also didn't want to make any continuity errors. This looks like a good place to jump back in, though. What would you say the current status of Amina and the Mechanism would be?
Signatures are so 2014.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse