NATION

PASSWORD

Midnight in Moscow, Mk.II [Preliminary Banter]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:05 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Epraria wrote:Can I ask how you made the swedes give up territory like Scania and Halland?

I had it that they were less Danish-then-Swedish, and rather regions that were bickered over for extensive periods of time. They last acquired them from Denmark at the end of the Napoleonic Wars, whereupon Norway and stuff were also acquired. However, policies of Swedification didn't even kick in then, and when the Schleswig Crisis ended with serious negotiations beginning to form a proper Scandinavia, one of the very first terms Denmark demanded was that within the confederation, they were Danish-ruled. Considering that the idea was that the confederation would be based on ethnic and linguistic borders, and considering that Sweden would dominate the union anyway, they consented. Sort of the same with Jamtland and Goteborg.

Eh no. Scalia was won in the 17th century and the last attempt by Denmark to retake it was in the great northern war which failed. Heck swedification policies where started as early as the 168's. However the idea that Sweden would give Göteborg to Norway is pushing it. It is not only the second largest city in Sweden and an important port but also Swedish by virtue of it being founded by Gustavus Adolphus himself and has been been Swedish throughout the history of the city. Denmark gaining Scania is understandable but Göteborg going to Norway less so.
Last edited by Epraria on Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You can call me Easy-E or Eppie if you want but you can if you are really lazy call me Ep.
I am Spanish so don't ever expect me to have anything close to perfect grammar.
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Myansaland wrote:
HorusLand wrote:How's the revolution going?

I will not pay my taxes this year :p

After all, I recieved a letter from the City of Warsaw recognizing me as an indepedent apartment.

Founding Member of LAVMEO
My proud anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ5dSdxUGLc

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:26 pm

Caltarania wrote:
Alleniana wrote:pheh
Italy? Austria? Poland? Romania? Greece? Netherlands? Belgium? Chile? Estonia?

Issues:

Reds, Anschluss, Forced Anschluss, Russia, Turkey, Probably Anschluss, Schleffien, Pah! and then Eesti can into nordic so -shrug-

I'll think about it. If I can do a Monarchical USC, I will, but I think it's just a 'Murica wank which is boring to me. :P

Those aren't issues, those are bonuses. :P
The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:
Alleniana wrote:pheh
Italy? Austria? Poland? Romania? Greece? Netherlands? Belgium? Chile? Estonia?

Imma return as Belgay and Luxembourg btw

:D
Epraria wrote:
Alleniana wrote:I had it that they were less Danish-then-Swedish, and rather regions that were bickered over for extensive periods of time. They last acquired them from Denmark at the end of the Napoleonic Wars, whereupon Norway and stuff were also acquired. However, policies of Swedification didn't even kick in then, and when the Schleswig Crisis ended with serious negotiations beginning to form a proper Scandinavia, one of the very first terms Denmark demanded was that within the confederation, they were Danish-ruled. Considering that the idea was that the confederation would be based on ethnic and linguistic borders, and considering that Sweden would dominate the union anyway, they consented. Sort of the same with Jamtland and Goteborg.

Eh no. Scalia was won in the 17th century and the last attempt by Denmark to retake it was in the great northern war which failed. Heck swedification policies where started as early as the 168's. However the idea that Sweden would give Göteborg to Norway is pushing it. It is not only the second largest city in Sweden and an important port but also Swedish by virtue of it being founded by Gustavus Adolphus himself and has been been Swedish throughout the history of the city. Denmark gaining Scania is understandable but Göteborg going to Norway less so.

POD was 1444...
To be quite frank, Goteborg is largely Swedish because Vicky 2 provinces are annoying. :P If I could, I'd give the city and a little strip to Sweden, but I can't, and I'd rather not risk upsetting the population balancing.

Epraria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Epraria » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:26 am

Alleniana wrote:
Caltarania wrote:
Issues:

Reds, Anschluss, Forced Anschluss, Russia, Turkey, Probably Anschluss, Schleffien, Pah! and then Eesti can into nordic so -shrug-

I'll think about it. If I can do a Monarchical USC, I will, but I think it's just a 'Murica wank which is boring to me. :P

Those aren't issues, those are bonuses. :P
The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:
Imma return as Belgay and Luxembourg btw

Epraria wrote:Eh no. Scalia was won in the 17th century and the last attempt by Denmark to retake it was in the great northern war which failed. Heck swedification policies where started as early as the 168's. However the idea that Sweden would give Göteborg to Norway is pushing it. It is not only the second largest city in Sweden and an important port but also Swedish by virtue of it being founded by Gustavus Adolphus himself and has been been Swedish throughout the history of the city. Denmark gaining Scania is understandable but Göteborg going to Norway less so.

POD was 1444...
To be quite frank, Goteborg is largely Swedish because Vicky 2 provinces are annoying. :P If I could, I'd give the city and a little strip to Sweden, but I can't, and I'd rather not risk upsetting the population balancing.

Norway and Denmark are both still smaller than Sweden who's only big city now is Stockholm while Norway now has Göteborg and Oslo while Denmark has København and Malmö. That takes away the second and third largest cities in Sweden. Though really Göteborg is also part of Västra Götaland so you could just say Göteborg is part of Sweden by virtue of Västra Götaland.
You can call me Easy-E or Eppie if you want but you can if you are really lazy call me Ep.
I am Spanish so don't ever expect me to have anything close to perfect grammar.
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
Myansaland wrote:
HorusLand wrote:How's the revolution going?

I will not pay my taxes this year :p

After all, I recieved a letter from the City of Warsaw recognizing me as an indepedent apartment.

Founding Member of LAVMEO
My proud anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ5dSdxUGLc

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:21 pm

Epraria wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Those aren't issues, those are bonuses. :P

POD was 1444...

Norway and Denmark are both still smaller than Sweden who's only big city now is Stockholm while Norway now has Göteborg and Oslo while Denmark has København and Malmö. That takes away the second and third largest cities in Sweden. Though really Göteborg is also part of Västra Götaland so you could just say Göteborg is part of Sweden by virtue of Västra Götaland.

See federal division information
Sweden is still by far the most populous realm, so I'm not worried. :P
If I could do so, though, without uglifying the map, I'd give Goteborg to Sweden. I agree with you there; partitioning Gotaland is not cool, but Vicky 2 makes it necessary.

Though, this makes me think; I could try a HoI map...

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:57 am

Hmm, I may do the Austrian Empire and try to reform it... or maybe go Switzerland and just bank everyone's shit.
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:01 am

Caltarania wrote:Hmm, I may do the Austrian Empire and try to reform it... or maybe go Switzerland and just bank everyone's shit.

>implying austria won't fall apart to allow for anschluss

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:26 pm

The New Lowlands wrote:
Caltarania wrote:Hmm, I may do the Austrian Empire and try to reform it... or maybe go Switzerland and just bank everyone's shit.

>implying austria won't fall apart to allow for anschluss

Yeah that is the reason I don't really want to go Austria or Poland.

I think I'll go Switzerlake, and play the Game of Thrones intrigue between the Communists, Capitalists and basically everyone.
Last edited by Caltarania on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:26 am

Caltarania wrote:
The New Lowlands wrote:>implying austria won't fall apart to allow for anschluss

I think I'll go Switzerlake, and play the Game of Thrones intrigue between the Communists, Capitalists and basically everyone.

I'mma leave poland alone tbh.

Schweiz Anschluss bby pls qq

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:54 am

Alleniana wrote:*steals Switzerland's role*

nuhhh :(

The New Lowlands wrote:
Caltarania wrote:

I'mma leave poland alone tbh.

Schweiz Anschluss bby pls qq

why does everyone hate muh

fine, just you try. mountains prevent blitzkrieg, bitch.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:57 am

bork bork
Scandinavia is probably about to get involved in too much war in Russia to be a good currency reserve, so go ahead schwizzy. :P

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:01 am

Alleniana wrote:bork bork
Scandinavia is probably about to get involved in too much war in Russia to be a good currency reserve, so go ahead schwizzy. :P

gut, you bitszchwarnzer

I'm gonna have Switzerreich give loans to both the Commie rebels and the Capitalist armies, just for funzies, and also to ensure that they leave us the fuck alone.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:03 am

Caltarania wrote:
Alleniana wrote:bork bork

gut, you bitszchwarnzer

I'm gonna have Switzerreich give loans to both the Commie rebels and the Capitalist armies, just for funzies, and also to ensure that they leave us the fuck alone.

honhonhonscandinavia is net creditor
Is Switzerland going full-neutrality?

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:06 am

Alleniana wrote:
Caltarania wrote:
gut, you bitszchwarnzer

honhonhonscandinavia is net creditor

Yes, but no.

We're going to exercise our international neutrality, though certain 'volunteers' will be 'aiding' other nations in exchange for a 'monetary benefit'. Basically, unofficial mercenaries. Also, we're gonna be giving people dem loans and probably negotiating with literally everyone to prevent an invasion. Though should someone invade, we will go full conscription on their asses, conscript our entire adult population and force the enemy to fight us at the most mountainous parts of the country.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:20 am

Caltarania wrote:
Alleniana wrote:honhonhonscandinavia is net creditor

Yes, but no.

We're going to exercise our international neutrality, though certain 'volunteers' will be 'aiding' other nations in exchange for a 'monetary benefit'. Basically, unofficial mercenaries. Also, we're gonna be giving people dem loans and probably negotiating with literally everyone to prevent an invasion. Though should someone invade, we will go full conscription on their asses, conscript our entire adult population and force the enemy to fight us at the most mountainous parts of the country.

Hmm, sounds about right. Scandinavia, at least, has not problems with it.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse