NATION

PASSWORD

RWBY: Grimm Eclipse (OOC, DEAD)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Best Member of Team RWBY

Ruby
29%
Weiss
16%
Blake
26%
Yang
29%

Total votes : 38

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:06 am

Name: Leif Oakley
Race: Human
(For Faunus) Animal Traits:
Appearance (Can be Picture): Green hair, yellow eyes, tank top, cargo shorts, combat boots, and gloves.
Bio (The longer the better): Leif was the son of a certain cook in the western part of Vale; this was how he got his cooking skills. One time while doing a night shift with his father, a robber broke into the restaurant, and his father was held up. Spotting the robber from the back room, and not knowing what to do, he went and threw his cooking knife at the guy, which struck the robber's left leg; just enough time for police to arrive.

A teacher at Signal Academy who was a close friend of his father's, heard about the incident, and offered to let Leif be trained to become a huntsman, but he has still a lot to learn at Beacon, since he was trained for close combat.

Weapon: Nascosto
Appearance: A pair of gauntlets with retractable blades.
Capabilities: Gauntlets are used for close combat, and can be supplemented with blades that are installed below the wrist. These blades can pop out to impale Grimm (although Leif never uses it on human or faunus opponents). Additionally, the blades can be detached for him to use as daggers.

Semblance: Time perception: Leif can slow down time with his mind, allowing him to make rapid attacks. It may look like he is fighting faster than his opponent, as time remains the same. In his mind, the opponent may look like he/she is fighting in slow motion.

Did you read the rules?: Yes

RP Example (Link or One Shot. Put One Shots in spoilers): See Carmina Birch application for RP link.

#This is an app (Keep this so I can find apps easily!)

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:56 am

Alright. Maybe I fucked up a bit. I'm off to work right now, until 6.

Now, that means I can't progress you guys. For my sake when I get back, I want everyone to go to the lockers and start prepping. That'll make it easier when I get off to just usher everyone to the cliff.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Kalbana
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalbana » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:52 am

Now that I am finally back, I am going to make an IC post.

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:06 am

Hey Kalbana, did you say I could have a Mofuji?
I cannot watch youtube, so please stop giving me links there.
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:You're not a pup, you're a majestic canine creature. He's a silly pup. -nods-

Kalbana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalbana » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:47 pm

Ulvenes wrote:Hey Kalbana, did you say I could have a Mofuji?

Sure

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:53 pm

Just bumping this here, because Dolm is withdrawing from the RP.

Stormwrath wrote:Name: Leif Oakley
Appearance (Can be Picture): Green hair, yellow eyes, tank top, cargo shorts, combat boots, and gloves.
Bio (The longer the better): Leif was the son of a certain cook in the western part of Vale; this was how he got his cooking skills. One time while doing a night shift with his father, a robber broke into the restaurant, and his father was held up. Spotting the robber from the back room, and not knowing what to do, he went and threw his cooking knife at the guy, which struck the robber's left leg; just enough time for police to arrive.

A teacher at Signal Academy who was a close friend of his father's, heard about the incident, and offered to let Leif be trained to become a huntsman, but he has still a lot to learn at Beacon, since he was trained for close combat.

Capabilities: Gauntlets are used for close combat, and can be supplemented with blades that are installed below the wrist. These blades can pop out to impale Grimm (although Leif never uses it on human or faunus opponents). Additionally, the blades can be detached for him to use as daggers.

Semblance: Time perception: Leif can slow down time with his mind, allowing him to make rapid attacks. It may look like he is fighting faster than his opponent, as time remains the same. In his mind, the opponent may look like he/she is fighting in slow motion.

RP Example (Link or One Shot. Put One Shots in spoilers): See Carmina Birch application for RP link.

Kalbana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalbana » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:54 pm

No time warping

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:15 pm

Kalbana wrote:No time warping

If you think about it, he is only using his mind to make time "slow down" relative to him, while keeping space time intact. From other people's point of view, he is just only attacking rapidly but from his point of view, he is just moving normally while everyone else is moving slowly.

It's like how a person catches a ball being thrown at him/her. He/she allows his mind to slow the ball down in his/her perception so he/she can have just enough time to analyze where the ball will land and catch it in time.

Kalbana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalbana » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:31 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
Kalbana wrote:No time warping

If you think about it, he is only using his mind to make time "slow down" relative to him, while keeping space time intact. From other people's point of view, he is just only attacking rapidly but from his point of view, he is just moving normally while everyone else is moving slowly.

It's like how a person catches a ball being thrown at him/her. He/she allows his mind to slow the ball down in his/her perception so he/she can have just enough time to analyze where the ball will land and catch it in time.

I'm fine with faster reflexes, but NO TIME WARPING. It is easy as hell to exploit

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:59 pm

Kalbana wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:

I'm fine with faster reflexes, but NO TIME WARPING. It is easy as hell to exploit

Hold on until I can find another semblance.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:36 pm

I got it; what if Leif has a semblance of mimicry? This semblance gives him the ability to copy other people's semblances, but this copy is weaker compared to the original semblance.

Kalbana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalbana » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:38 pm

Stormwrath wrote:I got it; what if Leif has a semblance of mimicry? This semblance gives him the ability to copy other people's semblances, but this copy is weaker compared to the original semblance.

ehh... maybe. I think it might be a bit OP. I'll talk to Temp

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:57 pm

Kalbana wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:I got it; what if Leif has a semblance of mimicry? This semblance gives him the ability to copy other people's semblances, but this copy is weaker compared to the original semblance.

ehh... maybe. I think it might be a bit OP. I'll talk to Temp

I'm right here!

Sounds fine, but it has to be drastically weaker. Like, Soren can detect intentions, you just get a bad feeling. Cat can teleport, you take time to teleport and can't go quite as far.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:07 pm

Revised application.

Name: Leif Spruce

Semblance: Mimicry: Leif can mimic other people's semblances, but these copies are drastically weaker compared to their original counterparts.

Last edited by Stormwrath on Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:13 pm

Stormwrath wrote:Revised application.

Semblance: Mimicry: Leif can mimic other people's semblances, but these copies are drastically weaker compared to their original counterparts.

OK, last thing:
United Kingdom of Poland wrote:Name: Kelly Oakley

Is the same last name a coincidence or not?

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:33 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:

OK, last thing:
United Kingdom of Poland wrote:Name: Kelly Oakley

D'oh! I didn't notice that. Let me edit that in a minute... *reads book on trees*

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:37 pm

The Grey Wolf
Post Czar

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grey Wolf » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:38 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:OK, last thing:

D'oh! I didn't notice that. Let me edit that in a minute... *reads book on trees*

You realize your flag makes everything you say cute, right?

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:42 pm

The Grey Wolf wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:

B-b-baka! It's not like that...

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:48 pm

The Grey Wolf wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:

I'm not sure I'd use the words cute to describe Neo.

Unifed Prussian States
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Unifed Prussian States » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:06 pm

United Kingdom of Poland wrote:
The Grey Wolf wrote:

I'm not sure I'd use the words cute to describe Neo.

I've seen characters more psychotic called cute before, and please lay off Ice Cream Queen she did nothing wrong
GEOFICTIONAL WORKS SOCIETY MEMBER
Baltic Firearms

Baltic Firearms
Baltic Firearms is selling Custom Weapons!

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:13 pm

*smugly watching people argue whether Neo is cute, psychotic or both*

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:15 pm

Stormwrath wrote:

Yeah. I noticed your tree puns. Accepted. I'll finish my other RP posts, THEN come edit the char list, THEN advance plot if you guys think I should right now.

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:20 pm

Unifed Prussian States wrote:
United Kingdom of Poland wrote:I'm not sure I'd use the words cute to describe Neo.

I've seen characters more psychotic called cute before, and please lay off Ice Cream Queen she did nothing wrong

I was going to go with the phrase BAMF.

Unifed Prussian States
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Unifed Prussian States » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:24 pm

United Kingdom of Poland wrote:
Unifed Prussian States wrote:I've seen characters more psychotic called cute before, and please lay off Ice Cream Queen she did nothing wrong

I was going to go with the phrase BAMF.

That also works.
GEOFICTIONAL WORKS SOCIETY MEMBER
Baltic Firearms

Baltic Firearms
Baltic Firearms is selling Custom Weapons!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse