NATION

PASSWORD

Of Men and Titans: A New American Era IC (CLOSED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Of Men and Titans: A New American Era IC (CLOSED)

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:44 pm

OOC
Washington, an amazing city spanning from the New England coast to the surrounding area. It was a massive city, named for the capital which was only a couple hundred miles south. Problems are plentiful in this city as remnants of ideologies long passed and now forth coming emerge. In this town you have those of the former New World Order battling against the Path, rising from the depth comes a new group called the Neo Discovery, and the People's Movement. These factions battle it out in the streets in fights that are titled gang wars or otherwise misleading titles with law enforcement at times even being involved in the groups. Slowly costumed vigilantes and menaces are coming up, there powers ranging from all over. The police are doing the best they can to arrest the masked ones before things get out of hand, escalation is quickly on the rise though as Heroes are killing Villains and vice versa. This normal city is soon to face events never before seen. In these years technology has come far, now robotic cybernetic units in humanoid form are used as household workers and perform all kinds of tasks, these units are known as femanoids and masnoids based on their gender appearances, or androids to most- though some just call them bots. They have been produced by a company called Simulated Life and are now several years since hitting markets. The police force is becoming very invasive without approval from the city populace or even local government. Brutality from law enforcement is rising steady as people are being arrested from crimes not yet committed, but supposedly planned over social or personal media. Illegal goods come in through the docks, the airport, and even the streets.
Last edited by Holy Empire of Avalon on Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Global War on Crime
______
Operation: VENGEFUL SPIRIT
|____|
Order of the Purple Cross
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Charmera
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:29 pm

Jessica was fuming, as she usually did, in her room. Though one wouldn't guess as she was casually laid back in her bed, one might be able to detect the glint of anger in her eyes. Though she shared the room with three others, they seemed to rarely be there when Jessica was, most likely due to the fact that Jessica would hurl molten abuse at the slightest provocation.

Despite the fact that the whole orphanage thing was a great deal (Free food, free bed and such) it still felt humiliating and frustrating for Jessica. She was perfectly capable of taking care of herself, but not may jobs open up for people with her condition. Plus with any proof she wasn't a little kid gone, she couldn't exactly assure employers she was really thirty. Despite the fact she was older than some of the orphanage workers, she was constantly talked down to, which angered her to no end. So any chance to take out her frustration on someone she got, she took maliciously.

However since she was alone, all she could do was sit and fume. So she did. All alone.

Damn, even I have to admit this is pathetic. She thought to herself. If only I had someone at my age who didn't treat me like a freaking five year old.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Imperial--japan's Witchy Friend.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:46 pm

School had just let out, a boy in brown leather aviation coat strolled down the street with a backpack over his shoulder. It was military grade as were the boots on his feet, at his side was a pistol holstered. The sun was still up luckily, but anymore past sundown murders were rampant as was all crime. Rounding a corner he approached and entered a store. Going to the back he picked up milk and eggs before checking out.
"Hey, Rob, hows school?"
"Good, Cadet Uniform day tomorrow. Get to iron my whites tonight."
"Glad to hear that, your total is about a dollar."
Robert paid the money and was handed the groceries.
"You busy tonight? Maybe we could go out to eat?"
"G'night, Nancy, be safe on your way home, streets are rough nowadays."
He waved his hand and walked out back to the streets. His phone went off, pulling out the rectangle he answered it, "Yello, Reagan here." He ran a pale hand through his now greying hair. "Rob, you have got to get over here. Me and Spuds are sitting here watching Steve drink a whole barrel of beer, oh and Julia is dancing shirtless on the table. This party is insane!" Robert audibly sighed, "John, I have to get to work." John laughed, "I know, you're just too damn perfect. Do you ever do anything wrong, Rob?" A smirk came across the young man's face turning it from a glance of no emotion to a contortion of impish glee. "If only you know the moments they would have built to my sins." He hung up. "If only you knew the truth, guys." Sliding the device back into his pocket he was nearing a large building. This was the orphanage. "Morning, Miss, I wanted to donate the usual groceries." She wore clothing befitting a girl of the nunnery. "Thank you, you always stop by, did you ever wish to visit with the children?" Robert looked at his watch. "I have a few hours, what help do you need?"

"No one is available to read to the children, most of the sisters are at a funeral today." Robert smiled, "I'd be glad to help." He sat down and read a book to the children gathered, it was a cute little book about a penguin. The author's name brought back memories he never wanted to think about again. Once the book was done he noticed a little boy raising his hand up. "You have a question?" The boy nodded, "Are you a soldier? My daddy was a soldier and he wore those things on his neck you have." Robert noticed his dog tags, "Oh yeah, I am, sharp eye you have." He let the kids come up and read them. "Just lists my name, ID number, blood type, service branch, and religion." They were confused by the bottom line. "What is Chr-Cry-Cris-" He smiled, "It is the same as what you all believe to an extent, just different names mostly." He patted the childrens' heads. "Now would you mind going and getting all the children of the orphanage? I was asked to watch you all." He looked at his tags, that one word was something he would have died for so long ago and those feelings had only burned brighter in recent years. "Robert W. Reagan, SOCOM, Zero-Seven-Zero-Four-One-Seven-Seven-Six, O positive, Christian. Fun to see where I am now in relation to all those years ago." He'd been unthawed now for several weeks, felt good to be back and doing what he loved- helping people. The children were all running around playing, several streaked up the stairs and towards a bedroom, he figured to get a friend of theirs.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:07 pm

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:School had just let out, a boy in brown leather aviation coat strolled down the street with a backpack over his shoulder. It was military grade as were the boots on his feet, at his side was a pistol holstered. The sun was still up luckily, but anymore past sundown murders were rampant as was all crime. Rounding a corner he approached and entered a store. Going to the back he picked up milk and eggs before checking out.
"Hey, Rob, hows school?"
He waved his hand and walked out back to the streets. His phone went off, pulling out the rectangle he answered it, "Yello, Reagan here." He ran a pale hand through his now greying hair. "Rob, you have got to get over here. Me and Spuds are sitting here watching Steve drink a whole barrel of beer, oh and Julia is dancing shirtless on the table. This party is insane!" Robert audibly sighed, "John, I have to get to work." John laughed, "I know, you're just too damn perfect. Do you ever do anything wrong, Rob?" A smirk came across the young man's face turning it from a glance of no emotion to a contortion of impish glee. "If only you know the moments they would have built to my sins." He hung up. "If only you knew the truth, guys." Sliding the device back into his pocket he was nearing a large building. This was the orphanage. "Morning, Miss, I wanted to donate the usual groceries." She wore clothing befitting a girl of the nunnery. "Thank you, you always stop by, did you ever wish to visit with the children?" Robert looked at his watch. "I have a few hours, what help do you need?"

"No one is available to read to the children, most of the sisters are at a funeral today." Robert smiled, "I'd be glad to help." He sat down and read a book to the children gathered, it was a cute little book about a penguin. The author's name brought back memories he never wanted to think about again. Once the book was done he noticed a little boy raising his hand up. "You have a question?" The boy nodded, "Are you a soldier? My daddy was a soldier and he wore those things on his neck you have." Robert noticed his dog tags, "Oh yeah, I am, sharp eye you have." He let the kids come up and read them. "Just lists my name, ID number, blood type, service branch, and religion." They were confused by the bottom line. "What is Chr-Cry-Cris-" He smiled, "It is the same as what you all believe to an extent, just different names mostly." He patted the childrens' heads. "Now would you mind going and getting all the children of the orphanage? I was asked to watch you all." He looked at his tags, that one word was something he would have died for so long ago and those feelings had only burned brighter in recent years. "Robert W. Reagan, SOCOM, Zero-Seven-Zero-Four-One-Seven-Seven-Six, O positive, Christian. Fun to see where I am now in relation to all those years ago." He'd been unthawed now for several weeks, felt good to be back and doing what he loved- helping people. The children were all running around playing, several streaked up the stairs and towards a bedroom, he figured to get a friend of theirs.

Jessica turned her head to the kid who ran up the stairs. With a sigh, she got up and out of the bed. It was Tim, the only person more stubborn than Jess in the orphanage. The kid had insisted on being Jessica's friend since the first day she arrived, and her usually steam of liquid hate turned to words didn't seem to work. She almost felt guilty for trying to push the poor kid away.

"Jessie, theres a guy here. Says he's a solider and he wants to read to us." Seeing Jessica's extreme disinterest he sighed.

"And I why should I care exactly?" She asked, looking back up at the celling.

"Please come with us. Your always so... upset and I just think it'd be fun... you know?" Tim pleaded. He was concerned for her.

She sighed. Well, I suppose it's not like I have anything better to do... and he's just going to keep bugging me until I go... "Fine. Let's get this shit over with..." She muttered, she was not afraid to use profanity, the kids coming from a rougher background, use to swearing by now. She slid off the bed and walking down the stairs, bumping into tim with surprising force on the way. Eventually, she made her way to the gathering children, who had likely all surrounded Robert by now.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:And here, we see a wild Shittonicus Charactericus, coloquially known as Charmera, in its natural habitat. It seems to be displaying behavior expected from one of its kind, producing numerous characters and juggling them with its front paws.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:19 pm

Charmera wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:School had just let out, a boy in brown leather aviation coat strolled down the street with a backpack over his shoulder. It was military grade as were the boots on his feet, at his side was a pistol holstered. The sun was still up luckily, but anymore past sundown murders were rampant as was all crime. Rounding a corner he approached and entered a store. Going to the back he picked up milk and eggs before checking out.
"Hey, Rob, hows school?"

Jessica turned her head to the kid who ran up the stairs. With a sigh, she got up and out of the bed. It was Tim, the only person more stubborn than Jess in the orphanage. The kid had insisted on being Jessica's friend since the first day she arrived, and her usually steam of liquid hate turned to words didn't seem to work. She almost felt guilty for trying to push the poor kid away.

"Jessie, theres a guy here. Says he's a solider and he wants to read to us." Seeing Jessica's extreme disinterest he sighed.

"Please come with us. Your always so... upset and I just think it'd be fun... you know?" Tim pleaded. He was concerned for her.

She sighed. Well, I suppose it's not like I have anything better to do... and he's just going to keep bugging me until I go... "Fine. Let's get this shit over with..." She muttered, she was not afraid to use profanity, the kids coming from a rougher background, use to swearing by now. She slid off the bed and walking down the stairs, bumping into tim with surprising force on the way. Eventually, she made her way to the gathering children, who had likely all surrounded Robert by now.

He was telling some stories he'd heard to the children, "The wolf tackled the boy and held him to the ground, her eyes red as flames. You know what happened next?" The children all held each other with fear as if saying no. "Gathering what courage he could find the poor could he hugged her tightly and laid a kiss upon her cheek, she reverted back into her human form and they both lived happily ever after- or so my friend says." He grinned and picked up another book. "Any of these that you all like a whole lot?" The same name nearly punching him in the face on every cover, those three words staring him in the face, burned into his mind. The sounds of metal objects ringing out on hardwood met his ears, sounded similar to bullets being fired. The stirred up dust met his vision, suddenly he was back in those woods. Victims falling like snow as they were murdered, his eyes looking own a little boy who'd been shot by his own gun.

"Mister, are you okay?" He was back in reality. "Oh yeah, sorry, I was just thinking about something." That lying smile he gave would not fool anyone past an infant.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:33 pm

Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:
Charmera wrote:Jessica turned her head to the kid who ran up the stairs. With a sigh, she got up and out of the bed. It was Tim, the only person more stubborn than Jess in the orphanage. The kid had insisted on being Jessica's friend since the first day she arrived, and her usually steam of liquid hate turned to words didn't seem to work. She almost felt guilty for trying to push the poor kid away.

He was telling some stories he'd heard to the children, "The wolf tackled the boy and held him to the ground, her eyes red as flames. You know what happened next?" The children all held each other with fear as if saying no. "Gathering what courage he could find the poor could he hugged her tightly and laid a kiss upon her cheek, she reverted back into her human form and they both lived happily ever after- or so my friend says." He grinned and picked up another book. "Any of these that you all like a whole lot?" The same name nearly punching him in the face on every cover, those three words staring him in the face, burned into his mind. The sounds of metal objects ringing out on hardwood met his ears, sounded similar to bullets being fired. The stirred up dust met his vision, suddenly he was back in those woods. Victims falling like snow as they were murdered, his eyes looking own a little boy who'd been shot by his own gun.

"Mister, are you okay?" He was back in reality. "Oh yeah, sorry, I was just thinking about something." That lying smile he gave would not fool anyone past an infant.

"Happily ever after? Really?" Jessica repeated, then a laugh ripped through her. Noticing everyone had heard it, and she had drawn the eyes of almost all the other orphans. "Like those exist... I mean werewolves are plausible given the world we live in, but happy endings? We may be kids, but we're not idiots. Nothing is ever that simple." She made her little speech with some bitterness, carrying some weight of experience her youthful form did not seem to support, perhaps giving a glimpse into her paradoxical nature. Her harsh tone alone was enough to make some of the more emotional kids cry.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:39 pm

Charmera wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:He was telling some stories he'd heard to the children, "The wolf tackled the boy and held him to the ground, her eyes red as flames. You know what happened next?" The children all held each other with fear as if saying no. "Gathering what courage he could find the poor could he hugged her tightly and laid a kiss upon her cheek, she reverted back into her human form and they both lived happily ever after- or so my friend says." He grinned and picked up another book. "Any of these that you all like a whole lot?" The same name nearly punching him in the face on every cover, those three words staring him in the face, burned into his mind. The sounds of metal objects ringing out on hardwood met his ears, sounded similar to bullets being fired. The stirred up dust met his vision, suddenly he was back in those woods. Victims falling like snow as they were murdered, his eyes looking own a little boy who'd been shot by his own gun.

"Happily ever after? Really?" Jessica repeated, then a laugh ripped through her. Noticing everyone had heard it, and she had drawn the eyes of almost all the other orphans. "Like those exist... I mean werewolves are plausible given the world we live in, but happy endings? We may be kids, but we're not idiots. Nothing is ever that simple." She made her little speech with some bitterness, carrying some weight of experience her youthful form did not seem to support, perhaps giving a glimpse into her paradoxical nature. Her harsh tone alone was enough to make some of the more emotional kids cry.

"Eh, you're right." Robert whispered to the girl so the others would not hear his words, "She ripped his heart out and ate it like steak. That stays between you and me though." He invited the kids closer. "Next I have a tale about pirates in the sky, now you're in for a story. I heard this one right from my friend Davy, Captain Davy Jones that is!" He told a partially made up tale about a fictional Davy Jones leading a band of pirates in the skies.He noticed the little girl, saw a look in her eyes, a familiar glint, after the story ended he let the children go play for awhile stepping aside to Jessica he crouched down to her head level. "Pardon me, but mind if I ask who your parents were? You seem a tad bit familiar, young Miss."
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:58 pm

Charmera wrote:"Happily ever after? Really?" Jessica repeated, then a laugh ripped through her. Noticing everyone had heard it, and she had drawn the eyes of almost all the other orphans. "Like those exist... I mean werewolves are plausible given the world we live in, but happy endings? We may be kids, but we're not idiots. Nothing is ever that simple." She made her little speech with some bitterness, carrying some weight of experience her youthful form did not seem to support, perhaps giving a glimpse into her paradoxical nature. Her harsh tone alone was enough to make some of the more emotional kids cry.

"Eh, you're right." Robert whispered to the girl so the others would not hear his words, "She ripped his heart out and ate it like steak. That stays between you and me though." He invited the kids closer. "Next I have a tale about pirates in the sky, now you're in for a story. I heard this one right from my friend Davy, Captain Davy Jones that is!" He told a partially made up tale about a fictional Davy Jones leading a band of pirates in the skies.He noticed the little girl, saw a look in her eyes, a familiar glint, after the story ended he let the children go play for awhile stepping aside to Jessica he crouched down to her head level. "Pardon me, but mind if I ask who your parents were? You seem a tad bit familiar, young Miss."

Jessica was stunned into silence. She had not at all expected him to do... whatever he just did. She listened to the next story, though her frustration returned. Who the hell does this guy think he is? He... Grrr She didn't like the feeling of disarmament she had just been given, but she kept his secret about the story. When he came up to her, she nearly punched him in the face for calling her "Young miss" but his next words, again, gave her pause.

"My parents? Thats a little fucking forward of a question to ask an orphan. I feel like I should be offended." She replied, glaring at him then she sighed. She sat down on a small bench nearby. "You wouldn't know my parents, they worked for the Order..."

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:04 pm

Charmera wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:"Eh, you're right." Robert whispered to the girl so the others would not hear his words, "She ripped his heart out and ate it like steak. That stays between you and me though." He invited the kids closer. "Next I have a tale about pirates in the sky, now you're in for a story. I heard this one right from my friend Davy, Captain Davy Jones that is!" He told a partially made up tale about a fictional Davy Jones leading a band of pirates in the skies.He noticed the little girl, saw a look in her eyes, a familiar glint, after the story ended he let the children go play for awhile stepping aside to Jessica he crouched down to her head level. "Pardon me, but mind if I ask who your parents were? You seem a tad bit familiar, young Miss."

Jessica was stunned into silence. She had not at all expected him to do... whatever he just did. She listened to the next story, though her frustration returned. Who the hell does this guy think he is? He... Grrr She didn't like the feeling of disarmament she had just been given, but she kept his secret about the story. When he came up to her, she nearly punched him in the face for calling her "Young miss" but his next words, again, gave her pause.

"My parents? Thats a little fucking forward of a question to ask an orphan. I feel like I should be offended." She replied, glaring at him then she sighed. She sat down on a small bench nearby. "You wouldn't know my parents, they worked for the Order..."

Robert lifted the sleeve of his shirt, "Explains it." On his arm was the emblem of the SS burned in, the skull had been tattooed over to be the emblem of the American Special Forces. On the right arm he had the American flag and a white flag bearing a blue jack with red cross above it. "Don't tell the other kids I have tattoos. Tattoos are a very bad thing." He put a finger over his lips after pulling both sleeves back down. "I must say you have a terrible potty mouth though. Reminds me of a girl I used to know, claimed to be an angel yet she had the obscene language of a demon you'd have thought." He stuck his tongue out teasingly. "You certainly are different than the other kids though, care to talk for a bit? I don't mind listening to anything you want to say." he could sense it in everything about her, this little girl was very troubled.
Last edited by Holy Empire of Avalon on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:21 pm

Charmera wrote:Jessica was stunned into silence. She had not at all expected him to do... whatever he just did. She listened to the next story, though her frustration returned. Who the hell does this guy think he is? He... Grrr She didn't like the feeling of disarmament she had just been given, but she kept his secret about the story. When he came up to her, she nearly punched him in the face for calling her "Young miss" but his next words, again, gave her pause.

Robert lifted the sleeve of his shirt, "Explains it." On his arm was the emblem of the SS burned in, the skull had been tattooed over to be the emblem of the American Special Forces. On the right arm he had the American flag and a white flag bearing a blue jack with red cross above it. "Don't tell the other kids I have tattoos. Tattoos are a very bad thing." He put a finger over his lips after pulling both sleeves back down. "I must say you have a terrible potty mouth though. Reminds me of a girl I used to know, claimed to be an angel yet she had the obscene language of a demon you'd have thought." He stuck his tongue out teasingly. "You certainly are different than the other kids though, care to talk for a bit? I don't mind listening to anything you want to say." he could sense it in everything about her, this little girl was very troubled.

Jessica was surprised that he worked for the Order, but she held no real grudge. In fact, she found it kinda ironic given her powers. Jessica gave him an odd look on the angel line. But this guy seemed to be telling the truth. She wasn't sure if he was crazy or just extremely lucky to meet a Tiste. On the comment about her difference from other children, she chuckled slightly. "Man... you have no fucking clue how different I am." she replied. "As for talking, hell... why not. I got nothing better to do right now." She lazily scooted over. "Sit down. Make yourself as comfortable as you can on these dinky ass benches."
Last edited by Charmera on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:27 pm

Charmera wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Robert lifted the sleeve of his shirt, "Explains it." On his arm was the emblem of the SS burned in, the skull had been tattooed over to be the emblem of the American Special Forces. On the right arm he had the American flag and a white flag bearing a blue jack with red cross above it. "Don't tell the other kids I have tattoos. Tattoos are a very bad thing." He put a finger over his lips after pulling both sleeves back down. "I must say you have a terrible potty mouth though. Reminds me of a girl I used to know, claimed to be an angel yet she had the obscene language of a demon you'd have thought." He stuck his tongue out teasingly. "You certainly are different than the other kids though, care to talk for a bit? I don't mind listening to anything you want to say." he could sense it in everything about her, this little girl was very troubled.

Jessica gave him an odd look on the angel line. But this guy seemed to be telling the truth. She wasn't sure if he was crazy or just extremely lucky to meet a Tiste. On the comment about her difference from other children, she chuckled slightly. "Man... you have no fucking clue how different I am." she replied. "As for talking, hell... why not. I got nothing better to do right now." She lazily scooted over. "Sit down. Make yourself as comfortable as you can on these dinky ass benches."

He flicked her shoulder gently, "Don't swear, it ruins your cuteness." He leaned back stretching out against the bench's back rest. "I will let you ask me any question you wish, not often I get company such as yourself." It was as if Robert had a aura of hope and tranquility around him, those two emotions dripping with blood and violence, things he could never run from. Deep in that smile of his one could catch elfish features as if looking at an imp, yet still he held that demeanor you'd expect of a saint, sacred and honorable, pure at heart and trustworthy. Oh how appearances fulled people these days, if they knew his terrible past, if only, then maybe those history books would be a bit different after all.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:37 pm

Charmera wrote:Jessica gave him an odd look on the angel line. But this guy seemed to be telling the truth. She wasn't sure if he was crazy or just extremely lucky to meet a Tiste. On the comment about her difference from other children, she chuckled slightly. "Man... you have no fucking clue how different I am." she replied. "As for talking, hell... why not. I got nothing better to do right now." She lazily scooted over. "Sit down. Make yourself as comfortable as you can on these dinky ass benches."

He flicked her shoulder gently, "Don't swear, it ruins your cuteness." He leaned back stretching out against the bench's back rest. "I will let you ask me any question you wish, not often I get company such as yourself." It was as if Robert had a aura of hope and tranquility around him, those two emotions dripping with blood and violence, things he could never run from. Deep in that smile of his one could catch elfish features as if looking at an imp, yet still he held that demeanor you'd expect of a saint, sacred and honorable, pure at heart and trustworthy. Oh how appearances fulled people these days, if they knew his terrible past, if only, then maybe those history books would be a bit different after all.

"Don't tell me what to do. I'l be as uncute as I please." She replied, a little annoyed. When people said things like cute or adorable about her, it tended to make her mad. Then she thought of a question for this mysterious guy. It was not often people voluntarily talked to little Jessie. "Well the first question that comes to mind is your name. What is it? Oh and, why are you so interested in me? That too."

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:43 pm

Charmera wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:He flicked her shoulder gently, "Don't swear, it ruins your cuteness." He leaned back stretching out against the bench's back rest. "I will let you ask me any question you wish, not often I get company such as yourself." It was as if Robert had a aura of hope and tranquility around him, those two emotions dripping with blood and violence, things he could never run from. Deep in that smile of his one could catch elfish features as if looking at an imp, yet still he held that demeanor you'd expect of a saint, sacred and honorable, pure at heart and trustworthy. Oh how appearances fulled people these days, if they knew his terrible past, if only, then maybe those history books would be a bit different after all.

"Don't tell me what to do. I'l be as uncute as I please." She replied, a little annoyed. When people said things like cute or adorable about her, it tended to make her mad. Then she thought of a question for this mysterious guy. It was not often people voluntarily talked to little Jessie. "Well the first question that comes to mind is your name. What is it? Oh and, why are you so interested in me? That too."

"Robert Reagan, I..." He breathed deeply and exhaled, "I was a dad at one time. Had a little girl. Raised her the best I could. Went to work every day, killed women, children, men too weak to stop us. Murdered. Came home, washed the blood off, kissed her and hugged her, said how much I loved her. Then I lost her. That scar on my arm, comes from the SS I am sure you know. When I joined the American Special Forces they made it into a squad emblem, Hell's Angels they call us. Black skull with demon wings. Helps me hide my past as I can not get rid of it. Not yet at least." He smiled, "In short, I'm a monster. The reason I take interest in you is because you remind me of the days back before I was a monster, before I came home drenched in blood to a smile of pure radiance. Before my soul of evil raised one of such... beauty and innocence."
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:04 pm

Charmera wrote:"Don't tell me what to do. I'l be as uncute as I please." She replied, a little annoyed. When people said things like cute or adorable about her, it tended to make her mad. Then she thought of a question for this mysterious guy. It was not often people voluntarily talked to little Jessie. "Well the first question that comes to mind is your name. What is it? Oh and, why are you so interested in me? That too."

"Robert Reagan, I..." He breathed deeply and exhaled, "I was a dad at one time. Had a little girl. Raised her the best I could. Went to work every day, killed women, children, men too weak to stop us. Murdered. Came home, washed the blood off, kissed her and hugged her, said how much I loved her. Then I lost her. That scar on my arm, comes from the SS I am sure you know. When I joined the American Special Forces they made it into a squad emblem, Hell's Angels they call us. Black skull with demon wings. Helps me hide my past as I can not get rid of it. Not yet at least." He smiled, "In short, I'm a monster. The reason I take interest in you is because you remind me of the days back before I was a monster, before I came home drenched in blood to a smile of pure radiance. Before my soul of evil raised one of such... beauty and innocence."

Jessica felt some pity for the solider, her hand falling onto his shoulder. A surprising amount of strength behind that small hand as she gripped his shoulder. "Look, buddy. I can tell your hurt. I can tell you see something in me, some cute and precious little kid. But I am anything but innocent and adorable." She replied. "You wonder why these kids seem to avoid me? Give me distance? It's because I'm poison. I'm bad news. I..." She found some difficulty explaining what she meant. She pointed over to some of the others. "You want someone innocent and cute? Theres Janett... She's cute, doesn't know what a dildo is and is the most sweet little girl ever. Dumb as a bag of rock sure, but she quite the loveable little thing. Why don't you go talk to her? Me? I'l only hurt you even more."

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:08 pm

Charmera wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:"Robert Reagan, I..." He breathed deeply and exhaled, "I was a dad at one time. Had a little girl. Raised her the best I could. Went to work every day, killed women, children, men too weak to stop us. Murdered. Came home, washed the blood off, kissed her and hugged her, said how much I loved her. Then I lost her. That scar on my arm, comes from the SS I am sure you know. When I joined the American Special Forces they made it into a squad emblem, Hell's Angels they call us. Black skull with demon wings. Helps me hide my past as I can not get rid of it. Not yet at least." He smiled, "In short, I'm a monster. The reason I take interest in you is because you remind me of the days back before I was a monster, before I came home drenched in blood to a smile of pure radiance. Before my soul of evil raised one of such... beauty and innocence."

Jessica felt some pity for the solider, her hand falling onto his shoulder. A surprising amount of strength behind that small hand as she gripped his shoulder. "Look, buddy. I can tell your hurt. I can tell you see something in me, some cute and precious little kid. But I am anything but innocent and adorable." She replied. "You wonder why these kids seem to avoid me? Give me distance? It's because I'm poison. I'm bad news. I..." She found some difficulty explaining what she meant. She pointed over to some of the others. "You want someone innocent and cute? Theres Janett... She's cute, doesn't know what a dildo is and is the most sweet little girl ever. Dumb as a bag of rock sure, but she quite the loveable little thing. Why don't you go talk to her? Me? I'l only hurt you even more."

Robert felt strangely close to this girl, something about her as if familiar. "Alright, you are definitely more than you let on if you know what that is. Come on, spill the beans, what secret do you hide?" His eyes seemed to search her as if wanting answers from her appearance, a fact staring him right in the eye, question is what was it? What was the one thing he could not figure out? It was frustrating to him to not know, but his face did not let it show at all.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:21 pm

Charmera wrote:Jessica felt some pity for the solider, her hand falling onto his shoulder. A surprising amount of strength behind that small hand as she gripped his shoulder. "Look, buddy. I can tell your hurt. I can tell you see something in me, some cute and precious little kid. But I am anything but innocent and adorable." She replied. "You wonder why these kids seem to avoid me? Give me distance? It's because I'm poison. I'm bad news. I..." She found some difficulty explaining what she meant. She pointed over to some of the others. "You want someone innocent and cute? Theres Janett... She's cute, doesn't know what a dildo is and is the most sweet little girl ever. Dumb as a bag of rock sure, but she quite the loveable little thing. Why don't you go talk to her? Me? I'l only hurt you even more."

Robert felt strangely close to this girl, something about her as if familiar. "Alright, you are definitely more than you let on if you know what that is. Come on, spill the beans, what secret do you hide?" His eyes seemed to search her as if wanting answers from her appearance, a fact staring him right in the eye, question is what was it? What was the one thing he could not figure out? It was frustrating to him to not know, but his face did not let it show at all.

Jess suddenly got nervous. "Secret? C'mon, what are you talking about... I don't have any secret..." She sighed, realising she wasn't being convincing. Suddenly she gritted her teeth. "I'm... not a little girl Robert. I..." She looked at him fiercely. "Why am I even still talking to you? Stay away from me boy scout, if you know what's good for you." She stormed off, glaring back at him.

After a brief pause. Suddenly, from the shadows came an older Nun, about fifty from the looks of her. Obviously in charge of the orphanage, she was quite the formidable presence and had managed to sneak up on both Robert and Jessica. "Interesting. She must like you." She said, slightly coldly.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:27 pm

Charmera wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Robert felt strangely close to this girl, something about her as if familiar. "Alright, you are definitely more than you let on if you know what that is. Come on, spill the beans, what secret do you hide?" His eyes seemed to search her as if wanting answers from her appearance, a fact staring him right in the eye, question is what was it? What was the one thing he could not figure out? It was frustrating to him to not know, but his face did not let it show at all.

Jess suddenly got nervous. "Secret? C'mon, what are you talking about... I don't have any secret..." She sighed, realising she wasn't being convincing. Suddenly she gritted her teeth. "I'm... not a little girl Robert. I..." She looked at him fiercely. "Why am I even still talking to you? Stay away from me boy scout, if you know what's good for you." She stormed off, glaring back at him.

After a brief pause. Suddenly, from the shadows came an older Nun, about fifty from the looks of her. Obviously in charge of the orphanage, she was quite the formidable presence and had managed to sneak up on both Robert and Jessica. "Interesting. She must like you." She said, slightly coldly.

"I guess? Why do you ask, ma'am?" Robert was honestly curious at the question being poised at him, he had not noticed such a relationship as spoke of, he thought the girl hated him in all honestly.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:38 pm

Charmera wrote:Jess suddenly got nervous. "Secret? C'mon, what are you talking about... I don't have any secret..." She sighed, realising she wasn't being convincing. Suddenly she gritted her teeth. "I'm... not a little girl Robert. I..." She looked at him fiercely. "Why am I even still talking to you? Stay away from me boy scout, if you know what's good for you." She stormed off, glaring back at him.

"I guess? Why do you ask, ma'am?" Robert was honestly curious at the question being poised at him, he had not noticed such a relationship as spoke of, he thought the girl hated him in all honestly.

"Well, for one she didn't break any of your bones. Most people who anger her even slightly tend to find she's stronger than she looks very quickly." She replied, A small smile on her lips "And second, your perhaps the first person she has been quite so open with. She's been with us for three years and the most I was able to extract was her name and her powers... her true nature was a different matter for discovery." She looked back down to the man. "Apologies I'm rambling. I take it your interested in the child then?"

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:45 pm

Charmera wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:"I guess? Why do you ask, ma'am?" Robert was honestly curious at the question being poised at him, he had not noticed such a relationship as spoke of, he thought the girl hated him in all honestly.

"Well, for one she didn't break any of your bones. Most people who anger her even slightly tend to find she's stronger than she looks very quickly." She replied, A small smile on her lips "And second, your perhaps the first person she has been quite so open with. She's been with us for three years and the most I was able to extract was her name and her powers... her true nature was a different matter for discovery." She looked back down to the man. "Apologies I'm rambling. I take it your interested in the child then?"

Robert watched girl walk off, "Only if she wants to. Ask her please and then come back, she seems like a normal child to me, course then again normal doesn't really exist." Robert made sure no children were looking and pulled out his smoking pipe before blowing some bubbles from it, his usual frustrated habit. "I... I keep my answer the same, if she wishes to come with me then yes, but I will not say either for nor against until you've asked her." Robert would have asked her himself, but that could change the question's outcome either direction.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:29 pm

Charmera wrote:"Well, for one she didn't break any of your bones. Most people who anger her even slightly tend to find she's stronger than she looks very quickly." She replied, A small smile on her lips "And second, your perhaps the first person she has been quite so open with. She's been with us for three years and the most I was able to extract was her name and her powers... her true nature was a different matter for discovery." She looked back down to the man. "Apologies I'm rambling. I take it your interested in the child then?"

Robert watched girl walk off, "Only if she wants to. Ask her please and then come back, she seems like a normal child to me, course then again normal doesn't really exist." Robert made sure no children were looking and pulled out his smoking pipe before blowing some bubbles from it, his usual frustrated habit. "I... I keep my answer the same, if she wishes to come with me then yes, but I will not say either for nor against until you've asked her." Robert would have asked her himself, but that could change the question's outcome either direction.

She paused, sighing. "She's not normal, which is why it's imperative she finds a home and quickly." She replied, walking away. "However, I will respect your wishes. I will ask her first."

She moved with almost no sound, following the child over to the corner where she had stormed off to. Jessica looked up at the woman, narrowing her eyes. "What do you want?" She asked, no hint of reverence in her tone.

"There has been a development in the... situation regarding you and the government." She spoke, keeping a hushed tone. Unlike when she talked to the other children, she used complex diction with Jessica "Either you are adopted before the month ends, or the UAR will take you into child protective services."

"So, why tell me this now. Why..." Jessie looked up at her, then at Robert. Realising slowly. "No..."

"Yes. Though he is not the only option, we need to at least look like your going to be adopted otherwise they may shorten the deadline... Therefore I can allow there to be a... "probation" of sorts, a trial period where we can see what him taking care of you will be like. If you don't like it at the end of the trial, we can look for someone else to adopt you."

Jessica looked from left to right, then sighed. "Fine. I'l go along with this..."

The nun lightly smiled, then walked back to Robert. "I have an arrangement for you, Mr Reagen. You may take her on a trial adoption, where we can see how you taking care of her will... work. She has agreed to that at least."

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:30 am

Charmera wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Robert watched girl walk off, "Only if she wants to. Ask her please and then come back, she seems like a normal child to me, course then again normal doesn't really exist." Robert made sure no children were looking and pulled out his smoking pipe before blowing some bubbles from it, his usual frustrated habit. "I... I keep my answer the same, if she wishes to come with me then yes, but I will not say either for nor against until you've asked her." Robert would have asked her himself, but that could change the question's outcome either direction.

She paused, sighing. "She's not normal, which is why it's imperative she finds a home and quickly." She replied, walking away. "However, I will respect your wishes. I will ask her first."

She moved with almost no sound, following the child over to the corner where she had stormed off to. Jessica looked up at the woman, narrowing her eyes. "What do you want?" She asked, no hint of reverence in her tone.

"There has been a development in the... situation regarding you and the government." She spoke, keeping a hushed tone. Unlike when she talked to the other children, she used complex diction with Jessica "Either you are adopted before the month ends, or the UAR will take you into child protective services."

"So, why tell me this now. Why..." Jessie looked up at her, then at Robert. Realising slowly. "No..."

"Yes. Though he is not the only option, we need to at least look like your going to be adopted otherwise they may shorten the deadline... Therefore I can allow there to be a... "probation" of sorts, a trial period where we can see what him taking care of you will be like. If you don't like it at the end of the trial, we can look for someone else to adopt you."

Jessica looked from left to right, then sighed. "Fine. I'l go along with this..."

The nun lightly smiled, then walked back to Robert. "I have an arrangement for you, Mr Reagen. You may take her on a trial adoption, where we can see how you taking care of her will... work. She has agreed to that at least."

Behind that paternal smile he was secretly kicking himself in the ass and yelling within his own mind, "What? Damn it! I didn't think she would say yes..." He crouched down to Jessica and beamed all the love one could at her face, she could probably see through that masquerade although. "Guess I ought to fix you up a room when we get back." He realized he did not bring the car with him. "You alright to walk a little distance? I did not bring the car with me... it's kinda in the shop..." Within his own mind that too was depressing, "You know, cause I kinda ran into a big furry monster on fourth street last week." That comment confined to his own head was actually the truth, poor car had been totaled.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:55 am

Charmera wrote:She paused, sighing. "She's not normal, which is why it's imperative she finds a home and quickly." She replied, walking away. "However, I will respect your wishes. I will ask her first."

Behind that paternal smile he was secretly kicking himself in the ass and yelling within his own mind, "What? Damn it! I didn't think she would say yes..." He crouched down to Jessica and beamed all the love one could at her face, she could probably see through that masquerade although. "Guess I ought to fix you up a room when we get back." He realized he did not bring the car with him. "You alright to walk a little distance? I did not bring the car with me... it's kinda in the shop..." Within his own mind that too was depressing, "You know, cause I kinda ran into a big furry monster on fourth street last week." That comment confined to his own head was actually the truth, poor car had been totaled.

"I don't mind walking." Replied little Jessica, standing up strait and putting her hands behind her back. She could already tell the old hag had found some clever way to dump her onto Rob and he was having second thoughts about her. Her face was impassive, trying not to make it so obvious she was somewhat displeased with this arrangement too. Then curious, she asked "What's your house like?"

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:45 am

Charmera wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:Behind that paternal smile he was secretly kicking himself in the ass and yelling within his own mind, "What? Damn it! I didn't think she would say yes..." He crouched down to Jessica and beamed all the love one could at her face, she could probably see through that masquerade although. "Guess I ought to fix you up a room when we get back." He realized he did not bring the car with him. "You alright to walk a little distance? I did not bring the car with me... it's kinda in the shop..." Within his own mind that too was depressing, "You know, cause I kinda ran into a big furry monster on fourth street last week." That comment confined to his own head was actually the truth, poor car had been totaled.

"I don't mind walking." Replied little Jessica, standing up strait and putting her hands behind her back. She could already tell the old hag had found some clever way to dump her onto Rob and he was having second thoughts about her. Her face was impassive, trying not to make it so obvious she was somewhat displeased with this arrangement too. Then curious, she asked "What's your house like?"

"Victorian age manor type, pretty spacious, good library, my friend Lee bought it for me as a welcoming gift. I attend Leeford Academy as well- funny how a few years changes everything." He reached his hand out to her as they left the orphanage. "I'll admit I did not really want a daughter when I came to help today, but even as sour as you are I think our lives will be better." This feeling was happy, he had regained that paternal joy that once had gripped him so tightly. Even if Jessica was a bit abrasive and crude he hoped to do things right this time and not screw up like he did on the last go round.
Last edited by Holy Empire of Avalon on Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______
Magian Defense
||||||||

Charmera
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Charmera » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:49 pm

Charmera wrote:"I don't mind walking." Replied little Jessica, standing up strait and putting her hands behind her back. She could already tell the old hag had found some clever way to dump her onto Rob and he was having second thoughts about her. Her face was impassive, trying not to make it so obvious she was somewhat displeased with this arrangement too. Then curious, she asked "What's your house like?"

"Victorian age manor type, pretty spacious, good library, my friend Lee bought it for me as a welcoming gift. I attend Leeford Academy as well- funny how a few years changes everything." He reached his hand out to her as they left the orphanage. "I'll admit I did not really want a daughter when I came to help today, but even as sour as you are I think our lives will be better." This feeling was happy, he had regained that paternal joy that once had gripped him so tightly. Even if Jessica was a bit abrasive and crude he hoped to do things right this time and not screw up like he did on the last go round.

Sour? I'l show you sour... She mentally thought. She looked at his hand, raising an eyebrow. She then saw a look from the nun at the door from the orphanage. She bit her lip as she conceded, holding his hand, her grip was, again, stronger than one would expect. Despite her reluctance, it wasn't so bad having her hand held. She couldn't remember the last time she had let someone do that. Still, it was somewhat demeaning.

"Sounds nice." She said, honestly. She actually really liked libraries, being a little old fashioned. "I didn't exactly want a guardian when I woke up this morning... but here we are... This sounds like it won't be half bad."

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:55 pm

Charmera wrote:
Holy Empire of Avalon wrote:"Victorian age manor type, pretty spacious, good library, my friend Lee bought it for me as a welcoming gift. I attend Leeford Academy as well- funny how a few years changes everything." He reached his hand out to her as they left the orphanage. "I'll admit I did not really want a daughter when I came to help today, but even as sour as you are I think our lives will be better." This feeling was happy, he had regained that paternal joy that once had gripped him so tightly. Even if Jessica was a bit abrasive and crude he hoped to do things right this time and not screw up like he did on the last go round.

Sour? I'l show you sour... She mentally thought. She looked at his hand, raising an eyebrow. She then saw a look from the nun at the door from the orphanage. She bit her lip as she conceded, holding his hand, her grip was, again, stronger than one would expect. Despite her reluctance, it wasn't so bad having her hand held. She couldn't remember the last time she had let someone do that. Still, it was somewhat demeaning.

"Sounds nice." She said, honestly. She actually really liked libraries, being a little old fashioned. "I didn't exactly want a guardian when I woke up this morning... but here we are... This sounds like it won't be half bad."

"I suppose I can stand having a daughter." Robert smiled and pulled her head close to his side. "I'm going to have lots of paperwork to fill out... might as well make today worth it then." He picked Jessica up and hoisted her onto his shoulders. "Want to head to the park, or maybe we could enroll you in school, I don't know; this feeling in my heart is weird- it is like, prideful." It had been many decades since Robert felt fatherly pride. "I guess a good question is once we fill out all the papers, do you want to take my name or keep yours? I understand keeping the name of your actual parents." Girls glanced at Robert as he walked down the street, he ignored them as they tried to coo over Jessica.
Global War on Crime
______
|____|
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______