NATION

PASSWORD

Jump Gate Jockeys, FT, Exploration/Action, Semi-Open

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How much longer do you all want to stay on Gate 07? Also, skype: Y/N?

Just till the end of the arc
37%
For the rest of the RP
No votes
Destroy it and go planet-side somewhere.
11%
---------
5%
We should create a skype call for us
37%
We really shouldn't
11%

Total votes : 19

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:22 am

Organized States wrote:
Vancon wrote:I-I-I-I-I thought....

B-B-But....

Oh well. You want the job or not?

Grandfather----Combat Pilot: Vietnam, 6-Day War, and Yom Kippur.
Dad---3,000 Hours of Time in Props
Me---36 hours of actual flight time. Though I've logged a bit more Microsoft Flight Sim than I should...

Yes, I'd like the job.

Then make a character.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:36 am

Nation Name:
Name: Captain Artyom Sutyagin
Appearance: Artyom.
Class: Pilot
Short Bio:
Born on Earth, more specifically St. Petersburg, Artoym excelled from a young age at mastering the dynamics of both atmospheric and spaceflight. He eventually made his way to joining the Russian Air Force in [whateveryear]. He resigned from the Air Force following combat service over the Ukraine, and took a commission as a Cosmonaut for the Russian Space Program, and then eventually making his way to this crew...
RP Sample: Fak dis.
Last edited by Organized States on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Raktio
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:48 am

Nation Name: Raktio
Name: Selena Longstreet
Appearance: She's only four foot eleven
http://media.desura.com/cache/images/me ... rl_011.jpg
Class: Pilot, it's only 1/2 to 2/3 the demonstrated size.
Short Bio: Born a Martian she's perfectly used to planetside and with her family in the cargo shipping business saw to her making several trips into space and the constant presence of mechas which she occasionally played on. Being shorter than everybody else she took on learning Jujitsu, and Aikido fairly early on in life and later learning Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and Krav Maga. After her mother died her father, trying to protect her, set several limiting factors to ensure her better safety. Taking it the wrong way she hung out with less reputable company for a while and nearly caused her father a heart attack from all the dangerous stuff she did. She eventually did improve who she was friends with but still annoyed by the restrictions set by her father went ahead and became a freelance mecha pilot mercenary.
RP Sample: MTG rpg (I've also played with Luxa, Utforp and I'm pretty sure URA as well before).
Broadside dead ahead!

No, this comment is not meant to be sarcastic.

Raktio
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:49 am

I can cut the amount of diferent marital arts she has learned in half if you want.
Broadside dead ahead!

No, this comment is not meant to be sarcastic.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:54 am

Both apps good. Will update later. Must sleep.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:23 am

Vancon wrote:Both apps good. Will update later. Must sleep.

Sleep is for the weak... and those who don't suffer from chronic insomnia... have a nice night friend.

Geez, a Four foot eleven pilot eh? This'll be interesting given my own character is 6'4" not including his operator's exo-suit which adds an extra inch in height... :shrug: He on the other hand is most definitely the pilot in all respects of the word, so yeah... that will all be revealed in the end.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Congreveopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:48 am

Organized States wrote:
Vancon wrote:I-I-I-I-I thought....

B-B-But....

Oh well. You want the job or not?

Grandfather----Combat Pilot: Vietnam, 6-Day War, and Yom Kippur.
Me---36 hours of actual flight time. Though I've logged a bit more Microsoft Flight Sim than I should...

Yes, I'd like the job.

Man, I've only got 24.3 hours (and I too have never soloed), but I'm never planning on going past a private license. Also, my computer seems allergic to Microsoft Flight Simulator, so I have to dig up an old one whenever I want to use it. What plane do you fly (IRL)?
"Close air support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
Equator Confederation wrote:Congreveopia has spoken. Do it now.
Vancon wrote:Enter Cong, the smartest of our bunch.
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:39 am

Microsoft flight sim. Silly sim. I fly combat sorties on Warthunder. :P
The beatings will continue. Regardless of morale.

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:Also, nominating DEN as ATLAS's Chef Ramses.
The United Remnants of America wrote:I'm collecting friends. Hate to say it, but you qualify.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:49 am

Congreveopia wrote:
Organized States wrote:Grandfather----Combat Pilot: Vietnam, 6-Day War, and Yom Kippur.

Yes, I'd like the job.

Man, I've only got 24.3 hours (and I too have never soloed), but I'm never planning on going past a private license. Also, my computer seems allergic to Microsoft Flight Simulator, so I have to dig up an old one whenever I want to use it. What plane do you fly (IRL)?

My dad flies the Cessna Caravan, I'm a fan of the 172 and 152.

Die erworbenen Namen wrote:Microsoft flight sim. Silly sim. I fly combat sorties on Warthunder. :P

I'm a Tier 5 US pilot.

1 v. 1 me brah. Jets only. :D
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:53 am

Organized States wrote:
Congreveopia wrote:Man, I've only got 24.3 hours (and I too have never soloed), but I'm never planning on going past a private license. Also, my computer seems allergic to Microsoft Flight Simulator, so I have to dig up an old one whenever I want to use it. What plane do you fly (IRL)?

My dad flies the Cessna Caravan, I'm a fan of the 172 and 152.

Die erworbenen Namen wrote:Microsoft flight sim. Silly sim. I fly combat sorties on Warthunder. :P

I'm a Tier 5 US pilot.

I only have Tier Three to four. Currently my favorite plane is the F6F, but I usually fly bombers. I'm a gunner :P

The United Remnants of America wrote:I'm collecting friends. Hate to say it, but you qualify.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:56 am

Die erworbenen Namen wrote:
Organized States wrote:My dad flies the Cessna Caravan, I'm a fan of the 172 and 152.

I'm a Tier 5 US pilot.

I only have Tier Three to four. Currently my favorite plane is the F6F, but I usually fly bombers. I'm a gunner :P

I play the P-51 a lot, and the only jet I own is the first P-80.

Heh.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:03 am

The first time I flew fighters in sim, I was SOOOO unprepared for how unstable they were.... I mean, they were bouncing EVERYWHERE.

I was just more suited for bombers. They are easier to control, and they don't flat spin when doing a 360. Truth be told, the larger the plane is, the more precision movements and whatnot I can do. My B-25 and B-17 are my favorite to fly, but, I can fly some fighters.

That's just why I felt I should ask for mission pilot on this. :P
Last edited by Die Erworbenen Namen on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:09 am

Die erworbenen Namen wrote:The first time I flew fighters in sim, I was SOOOO unprepared for how unstable they were.... I mean, they were bouncing EVERYWHERE.

I was just more suited for bombers. They are easier to control, and they don't flat spin when doing a 360. Truth be told, the larger the plane is, the more precision movements and whatnot I can do. My B-25 and B-17 are my favorite to fly, but, I can fly some fighters.

Bombers are food for me.

Also, I'll find the Luftwaffe drawing I use to figure out ways to kill B-17s and send it to you.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:12 am

Korva wrote:Flying Cessnas doesn't really have anything to do with understanding orbital mechanics :P

In mighty Soviet Union Russia it does.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:13 am

Organized States wrote:
Die erworbenen Namen wrote:The first time I flew fighters in sim, I was SOOOO unprepared for how unstable they were.... I mean, they were bouncing EVERYWHERE.

Bombers are food for me.

Also, I'll find the Luftwaffe drawing I use to figure out ways to kill B-17s and send it to you.

You might find it harder to get me in my bomber. I know how to shoot :P

Well, that, and I have a fairly good understanding of how space physics work.
Last edited by Die Erworbenen Namen on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:15 am

Organized States wrote:Bombers are food for me.

I know where your deadzones are. I've developed a system for it.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:16 am

Organized States wrote:

I know where your deadzones are. I've developed a system for it.

Still...

Korva
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 22, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Korva » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:39 am

Having a dick-waving contest over who can be ship pilot doesn't make much sense, seeing as how Vancon considered it unimportant enough to relegate to an NPC.

Like literally, you will have a post or two describing lift off and docking with the gate, then you're out of the picture.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:41 am

Korva wrote:Having a dick-waving contest over who can be ship pilot doesn't make much sense, seeing as how Vancon considered it unimportant enough to relegate to an NPC.

Like literally, you will have a post or two describing lift off and docking with the gate, then you're out of the picture.

Flight Suit attitude, man.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:45 am

Organized States wrote:
Korva wrote:Flying Cessnas doesn't really have anything to do with understanding orbital mechanics :P

In mighty Soviet Union Russia it does.

As long as you've played Kerbal Space Program, you'll be fine.

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:49 am

Congreveopia wrote:
Organized States wrote:In mighty Soviet Union Russia it does.

As long as you've played Kerbal Space Program, you'll be fine.

Kerbal sent to space in Cosmokerbal Program: 91
Kerbal return to glorious Glory in Stronk Union: 1

This explains my entire expierence with KSP.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:59 am

Korva wrote:Nothing quite like managing a mun landing only to have the lander tip over and dislodge the command module.

My greatest triumph was that I once landed a massive base on Duna mostly intact. The only problem was that it was meant to be a space station, and I messed up the aerobraking.

Links:

Korva
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 22, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Korva » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:02 am

Congreveopia wrote:
Korva wrote:Nothing quite like managing a mun landing only to have the lander tip over and dislodge the command module.

My greatest triumph was that I once landed a massive base on Duna mostly intact. The only problem was that it was meant to be a space station, and I messed up the aerobraking.

My greatest was probably rescuing the crew of said Mun lander. That and building a VTOL bomber.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse